Velvet Alley Events Reviews

Velvet Alley Events 5
Velvet Alley Events 6
Velvet Alley Events 7

Shari · Married on 05/08/2015

Professional, organized, and extremely diligent on keeping all the vendors on time. Planned my entire wedding from begging to end. Was able to create and elegant wedding with a food truck. I was completely blown away with the creativity and attention to the smallest details that I would have never thought of. The best wedding coordinator ever!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Arezo · Married on 04/12/2015

Soltana and her girls are absolutely amazin! Soltana makes everything u ask for come true and my wedding was EVERYTHING I could've dreamed of and more because of the amazin work Soltana..

Sent on 04/16/2015

Samantha · Married on 04/11/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Soltana for my wedding. She was very organized and made the wedding planning process stress free for me. On my wedding day, she was by my side the entire time and kept everything moving and running smoothly. She was very professional and made my husband and I feel as if we were her top priority on our wedding day.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Denise · Married on 03/21/2015

Soltana is AMAZING!!!! She is extremely professional, attentive, has lots of great ideas and definitely gets the job done. During one of our meetings with her, to go over some of our wedding details, we expressed to her some of the concerns we were having with our venue. After, leaving we felt confident that she was going to do what she needed to make sure our wedding went as smooth as possible AND IT DID! The additional items we wanted set up at our wedding were given to her the day of the rehearsal and she set them up perfectly. She also made sure that we stayed on schedule so that our photographer was still there to capture all the important moments of our wedding. My husband and I are extremely thankful for her. Because of her we were able to enjoy our special day stress free and everything went just as we had imagined.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Kat · Married on 02/28/2015

Planning a wedding can be stressful, but my wedding-planning process was essentially a breeze. Soltana is nothing short of amazing! She was always on top of things, from the first meeting my husband and I had with her to the day of the wedding. She told us what information she needed from us, we gave it to her, and she handled the rest. I can be a pretty particular person when it comes to how I want things to look. We gave Soltana all our reception decor, place cards, menus, etc. the day before our wedding, and she had everything set up perfectly — just how we wanted it. The reception venue looked beautiful, and my husband and I were so pleased.

I am not a party planner by any means, and I had no idea what needed to be done to ensure our guests would be happy. Soltana made sure that our guests were never bored, and she kept the reception moving along at a relaxed, yet timely, pace. She made sure all our vendors coordinated with one another to make the day go smoothly.

If you are looking for a planner who will make your wedding planning so much easier, look no further than Velvet Alley Events. Our wedding day was perfect, and Soltana was a huge part of making it so.

Sent on 04/14/2015

jessi · Married on 09/13/2014

I couldn't have been happier with Soltana and her team. If I ever had any questions (which I had a lot) she always got right back to me and made me feel at ease. Soltana is very attentive to every detail and makes sure your wedding day runs smoothly. I would 100% recommend her to anyone for the wedding day, I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Cindy · Married on 09/12/2014

Our wedding was everything we ever could have hoped for at the amazing Hummingbird Nest Ranch with the help of Velvet Alley Events! Everything went perfect, Soltana and her team were true professionals and we want to thank her very much for handling everything and making sure everything went smoothly and perfect for us, for all of her guidance, answering all our questions and overall help with everything! I highly recommend Velvet Alley Events for any event planning need; they provided a spectacular experience for us and our guests!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Before hiring Soltana from Velvet Alley Events I had heard her name from a number of vendors I was already working with while planning the wedding. Apparently she was the one to go to. When I finally had a chance to meet her, she had me at "Hello." Before even getting hired she sat down and gave me a number of tips and recommendations that were cost effective and simply brilliant. She has a cool calm demeanor, a great sense of humor, and is always totally on top it. I never saw her once lose her smile or great attitude. She really enjoys what she does and it shows. And as for knowing how to handle a crowd of relatives, Soltana is fearless! Graceful and fearless. She totally blew me away. I couldn't have made it though my wedding without her. Shoot, I couldn't have gotten to my wedding day without her. As meticulous as I am, she caught so many things I completely missed, and of course, was so cool and calm about it. If you are thinking about hiring someone for your big day I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Soltana and her team. I can't praise her enough. She is an absolute angel! A bad ass angel that is:).

Sent on 01/22/2015

Taryn · Married on 08/30/2014

Everything on our big day went smoothly, that's how you know we had an amazing wedding planner! Soltana was so helpful throughout the entire process. She was prompt to respond to my emails early on in the process. She led our rehearsal, which cleared everything up. She helped set up all our little DIY projects and everything looked amazing the day of, we didn't even have to worry.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Shawn · Married on 08/16/2014

We cannot rave enough about Soltana!! Soltana was very professional. She always had an eye towards design while keeping our preferences in mind. Coordinated all our other vendors expertly. Was a delight to work with through the whole process; planning, coordination, rehearsal, and the event. Thank you Soltana!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Velvet Alley Events was the contracted “day of” wedding coordinator by the country club we got married at and I could not have been happier with my experience working them. I worked directly with Soltana Mulhearn and she was exceptional. Soltana is so sweet, friendly, and has a great energy about her. She met with me several times before the wedding to talk about the details (vision, set-up needs, vendors, etc.). Then as we got closer to the wedding day, she took the lead and worked with me to put together a “day of” timeline. I live in Boston and planned my southern California wedding remotely so I am forever grateful that I had Soltana by my side. She thought of things that never even crossed my mind! She worked with my vendors directly in the days leading up to and on my wedding day so I could enjoy my time with family and friends – again, so grateful!
    Soltana was onsite the day of our wedding and executed our event perfectly and professionally. I’m kidding when I say EVERYTHING was exactly as I had imagined it and as we had discussed. It was so obvious that she had carefully listened to my wishes during the planning process and paid extra close attention to all the little details on the day of. She also smoothly and calmly helped keep me and my groom on schedule and would let us know as events were coming up so that we were available and I could make any touch ups to my lipstick or make-up beforehand if needed (father/daughter and mother/son dances, cake cutting, etc.). The event was flawless from start to finish! I ended up hiring Velvet Alley for an additional 2 hours to help pack/clean up after the reception as well. Everything was wrapped perfectly and packed away neatly. My mom and her friends can’t stop telling me how impressed they were by the service she provided for us that day.
    I’ve already referred Velvet Alley Events to several of my engaged friends and whether you need a “day of” coordinator or a full-fledged one, I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Kathleen · Married on 07/19/2014

As a 1st time MOB with my daughter in Boston & the wedding here in so. Cal., we could not have ever found a better wedding planner than Soltana Mulhearn at Velvet Alley Events in Simi Valley. Wood Ranch Golf Club recommended her to us. From our initial meeting and throughout the year before the wedding, Soltana advised, coached, informed, encouraged & arranged all we needed at the reception. She promptly responded to our coast to coast emails. On the wedding day, while we were at the church in Santa Monica, she completely handled the set up for the reception in Simi without any complications or flaws. When we arrived at the club, she greeted us with her ever-present smile to a perfectly arranged cocktail hour & dining room. We had no worries all night & at the end of the evening, she efficiently had EVERYTHING safely packed & loaded into our car. Soltana is a very gracious woman who runs her business like clockwork. Again, we were extremely fortunate to have found Velvet Alley's Soltana Mulhearn. We certainly recommend her to plan any event & look forward to planning our next child's wedding with her!

Sent on 07/31/2014
  • Kristal and Jarod

Kristal · Married on 06/21/2014

They did an amazing job helping me coordinate my wedding exactly how I wanted it! Would highly recommend them to any bride out there

Sent on 07/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2014

Soltana and her assistant were absolutely wonderful as our “day of wedding coordinators”. Soltana and I had several phone meetings before our wedding where she was attentive, helpful and flexible. She helped me plan my day of timeline, made sure every vendor was doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing, set up all of our extras the way we wanted them, made sure people were in their places, music was right, flowers were ready...you name it, they did it! There were plenty of things Soltana suggested we would need that I never would have thought of. She really understands what is needed to plan an event that is so special and important. Our wedding was absolutely stunning and turned out better than we ever could have imagined and we have Soltana and Velvet Alley Events to thank for this. I had no idea how crucial their services were going to be and I could not be happier with the job they did. Thanks, Velvet Alley!! You guys rock!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Laura · Married on 05/24/2014

Soltana was so great to work with! She organized and followed up with all my vendors, she took care of every little detail I was concerned about, and made sure everything went smoothly. On the big day. I literally did not worry about a thing on my wedding day! I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jon · Married on 05/18/2014

Zoltana was amazing! She really took control, kept us on task and schedule and really took great care of us. A++++!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Victoria · Married on 04/26/2014

My Fiance and I planned our wedding to be fun and simple. We thought we had everything under control. One month before the wedding, we realized we might need a little help so I called Soltana to ask her for a reference for a day-of coordinator. I didn’t ask Soltana to help us because she was invited to be our guest. After I gave her information on the help we needed, she offered to help us herself. I think she realized we were in over our heads and she knew just what to do to help us. We met with her to talk about the wedding, and in that afternoon, she figured out our timeline, offered a lot of useful suggestions and asked us questions with details we would have missed. She was also in contact with all our vendors so that they knew the information they needed to do their job. She had already worked with most of them which made the process even easier. In addition to planning, she also helped get our flowers and made beautiful centerpieces. The day of the wedding, she set up our venue for 300 guests and had everything ready for our arrival. All we had to do was show up and have fun. Our wedding ran smoothly and we know it was because we had an amazing wedding coordinator.

There are not enough words that we can say about how grateful we are to Soltana for being our wedding coordinator. She helped us in a time of need and did an amazing job. She is professional, hard working and knows how to do her job well. And most importantly, she loves what she does. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, we highly recommend Velvet Alley Events. Soltana took the worries out of our hands so we could fully enjoy our dream wedding. We are forever grateful and hope she has the opportunity to do many more weddings in the future.

Thank you Soltana!

From the Cabreras <3

Sent on 06/13/2014

I cant not express how grateful I was on my wedding day to have Soltana and her team there by my side. I had a strong vision after 1 year and half of planning and Soltana nailed it and was able to set up my reception even better than I could have ever imagined. She was professional and friendly with my wedding party and made everyone feel at ease. She was great at communicating through out the entire day and made sure everything was taken care of. Although I hired Soltana to be my "day of" coordinator , she was so much more than that for me. She was there week after week helping me out with all the little details, she got all the contracts from my vendors when I was too stressed and busy to deal with it, she even called my florists when I could no longer deal with him. The best decision my husband and I made was hiring Velvet Alley, So if you want your wedding to go off without a hitch but also know that if something goes wrong, Soltana and her team will be there to make sure everything is ok, than please hire her. She should charge so much more for her services than she does, because she is amazing and will help you with anything you ask her, to have that feeling while wedding planning and on the day of your wedding is priceless.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Neyda · Married on 02/16/2014

I had contacted Soltana when I realized that I needed extra help when it came to coordinating vendors, souvenirs, etc. I have no clue, still don't have a clue, and I don't have a creative side. She solved all my problems. She managed the vendors, ensured that everyone was at the right place at the right time, made EVERYONE feel comfortable. This ranged from making sure the older folks had golf cart rides to the ceremony, the right music was playing, timelines were being followed, EVERYTHING. Because of her and the coordination of the venue staff, this wedding was a piece of cake! My job was to just enjoy the evening. She made sure that we (bride and groom) ate before we visited the tables. She knows her stuff!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Jaime · Married on 11/23/2013

Soltana was incredible to work with! She really eased the stress of the day, offered great advice, and did a beautiful job helping us make our wedding day everything we had hoped for.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Nakita · Married on 10/12/2013

From the very beginning Soltana has made my wedding planning experience fun, mostly stress free and easy. She had so many great ideas and so many affordable and reliable vendors to recommend. I was so overwhelmed and it was hard for me to figure out where to start. Soltana made me a timeline of when to hire vendors, gave me helpful suggestions on how to enhance and express my vintage theme and found me my amazing venue at the Wood Ranch Golf Club. She helped make my wedding classy, elegant and just so very beautiful. She partnered to with Jen from Belle of the Ball Designs and made my hookah bar, cigar bar, popcorn bar, ceremony site, cocktail area and reception area absolutely breathtaking. She was always available to answer my questions or calm me down when I was getting stressed out and over my head with details. Day of coordination was spot on. Her crew was organized, professional and very helpful and nice. I didn't have to worry about a thing and piece of mind on your wedding day is truly a blessing. I fully recommend Soltana and Velvet Alley events. Love you guys!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/04/2013

I had Soltana help me with my big day. She was the biggest help, I couldn't have asked for more. She made sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it and made a great stress easy day. She was on time, detail oriented, made sure everyone was where they needed to be and had everything they needed. She made the night go as smooth as possible. Everything was done in a timely manner. Anything I needed she was right there to help. I am so glad I had her there to help. They do a great job and have great ideas if you need them. You wont be sorry you worked with them

Sent on 11/11/2013

Viviana · Married on 09/28/2013

Soltana and her team were GREAT!! My rehearsal and my wedding day went without a hitch thanks to her and her team. She was more than we could have ever asked for, she truly exceeded our expectations with her professionalism and most importantly cool and calm personality. There were times when I felt that I was stressing out, for even minor details, but when I would turn to look at her...she was completely calm and patient and she would instantly set me at ease and I felt that no matter what was going on...it would really be okay.
    You never know what all goes into planning a wedding until the day that you start planning your own. There is so much detail that goes with everything and Soltana was always there to answer my questions and give me ideas and advice on how to handle bumps on the road. When the day of the wedding finally came, it was extremely nice to know that I had someone there to help make sure my day went as smooth and as flawless as could be. Velvet Alley Events certainly made what we thought was going to be a hectic and crazy wedding day be the exact opposite. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, said how wonderful she was and how our wedding day was super organized and how it was the best and well thought out wedding they had ever been to.
    Thank you Soltana and your team for making the most important day of my life be absolutely worry free and I will never forget the piece of advice you gave me as I was about to mess up my makeup while walking down the aisle. As you fluffed up the train of my dress, you whispered something about pretending that I was at the grocery store. lol! I instantly snapped out of my beyond emotional moment and my makeup was saved. Thank you so much for that!!
    I definitely recommend Velvet Alley Events to anyone that is beginning the wedding planning process. Wedding planning is hard work and to have someone there to help you with any details and make you feel at ease when times get tough, is priceless!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Tracy · Married on 08/31/2013

Wow!!! Thanks Soltana. Our wedding was a dream come true. Everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I can think of one minor issue. The entire wedding went flawless. Beautiful love Tracy and Jamie

Sent on 09/19/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2013

Upon meeting Soltana and her team, my HUSBAND and I were immediately put at ease. Soltana is so approachable, friendly, smart, sharp, funny and really amazing at what she does. During our rehearsal, I was a bit all over the place, forgetting to bring key items, while trying to explain my visions, and Soltana was so reassuring that everything was going to be just fine. I felt so much better with her in control. Deana, her teammate, was also incredible! After the ceremony, right before the pictures, my feet were killing me in my heels! Deana was right next to me, and I asked if she could get my wedges to change into. Without hesitation, she sped off to get my shoes. It saved my bridal life. I would look at both of them at any moment, and they were smiling, sending me nothing but positive vibes.
    It's difficult to find people you can trust, in general. Velvet Alley Events goes above and beyond simply being trusted. What they have done for my husband and me, is helped to shape an incredible memory for the rest of our lives. When we reflect back on our wedding, we can feel the same ease and comfort that was created that phenomenal day by Velvet Alley Events. I recommend Soltana and her talented team with the utmost enthusiasm. You will be happy you chose them, and you deserve to be a happy bride and groom.

Sent on 09/06/2013