Velvet Alley Events Reviews

138 | Simi Valley, CA

138 Reviews for Velvet Alley Events

138 Velvet Alley Events Reviews

cassie · Married on 10/26/2018

Truly An Amazing Company!!

Soltana Mulhearn from Velvet Alley Events is an all star! We had hired Soltana and her team to be our day of coordinator, and words cannot describe on how amazing they are. We got married this past October at the Gardens at Los Robles, and our wedding ran so smooth thanks to Velvet Alley Event! Due to our limited budget, we had done a lot of the decorations ourselves. Soltana and her team were not discouraged by the task, and set everything up to make our dream wedding come true! This company is truly amazing, and Soltana is such a sweetheart! If you’re in the area and are in need of a coordinator, you need to go with Velvet Alley Events! They really do strive to make your wedding vision come true, and run as smooth as possible!!!

Andrew Mar · Married on 10/06/2018

Stellar Wedding Coordinator!

Velvet Alley Events, specifically Soltana Mulhearn, helped to make our special day absolutely memorable at Eden Gardens!

From the get-go, Soltana ensured that we were taken care of. From the first client intake meeting, where Soltana had us fill out an exhaustive questionnaire and answered any of the niggling questions that filled our heads, to the many, many, many follow-up questions that we sent via email, text, or phone call, she made sure that we understood, and felt comfortable with, everything that would be needed to make our wedding absolutely perfect.

My bride is a bit of a Bridezilla, and I'm a bit of a Groomzilla, so I understand that, as a pair, we were a LOT to handle! From our custom-made centerpieces to our custom photos mounted on easels in specific locations around the venue, it was essential for us to understand natural restrictions of both the venue, and the staff for each vendor. Soltana was intimately familiar with all of these and let us know what was, and was not, possible, and worked with us, and the vendors, to ensure that everything went smoothly and competently. For many weeks before the wedding, she set forth a specific schedule of what each vendor would likely be doing every hour of the day, and walked us through the process as many times as we needed to fully understand how the complicated orchestration of parts would be fulfilled.

The day of our wedding, we were absolutely blessed enough to have Soltana be our day-of coordinator as well (Velvet Alley has several day-of coordinators), and she ensured that everything, from our custom-made centerpieces, to our custom-made escort cards, to our custom-made photographs, to our custom-made program displays, and our custom-ordered sand ceremony paraphernalia, was all placed correctly at the right times, and even made many decisions that we didn't even think of to ensure that it all went according to plan! She even thought of some great ideas to improve the pacing of our reception the day of, and ensured we were both OK with her new idea before implementing it with our vendors. All of our guests really enjoyed the attention to detail Velvet Alley's staff paid to our wedding and how they politely kept everyone on schedule.

Throughout the day and night, she stayed with all of us, nudging our bridal party along, gathering members appropriately when necessary, and even found and returned lost keys that had been misplaced! She continuously checked in with us to ensure we were happy with how the night progressed, and made sure we ate not only our dinner, but a little bit of each of our desserts, ice cream, cake, and custom drinks. I couldn't recommend Velvet Alley highly enough!

Luis · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Wedding Coordinating Team

Soltana and her team with an amazing job at our wedding ( Humming Bird Nest Ranch 9/22/18). My now wife and I could not be happier with their services. Velvet Alley Events went above and beyond to make our wedding what it should be, a time to be happy, worry free, and know that everything is under control Soltana and her team provided exceptional costumer service, attention to detail, and professionalism.

They made our my wedding run incredibly smooth and took care of everything. I highly recommend Velvet Alley for ALL your wedding planning & coordination!!

Thank you Soltana for making our big day an unforgettable one !!

Nina · Married on 09/01/2018

I have NO WORDS to express how wonderful Soltana is!!!!! She is the absolute BEST! We had a Persian/ American wedding at Eden Gardens with 215 people. My mother owns an interior design business where I work with her as well. She is VERY detail-oriented, specific and involved and very difficult to please and let's just say that Soltana completely exceeded her expectations. Soltana and her team went above and beyond to make sure every little detail we mentioned was taken care of better than we could have imagined. My mom always had someone by her side for anything she needed so we never had to chase someone down for help during the wedding and it just felt so comfortable knowing everything was in Soltana's hands! It is so difficult to find someone to completely trust for such a huge meaningful event that you have once in a lifetime, especially when you are spending so much time and money planning, but Velvet Alley Events completely has it down. I will promise you that Soltana and her team will take away every single worry and fear you could even think of. I couldn't have imagined my wedding without them. Thank you for making my wedding the most seamless, perfect day I could ever dream of, Soltana!

Catherine · Married on 08/25/2018

Soltana & her entire team are an absolute joy to work with! The entire process, from getting engaged up until the wedding day went smoothly because Soltana is extremely knowledgable and talented in what she does! She ensures that no detail is forgotten and that everything is in order for the big day. She works with all the vendors and contracts and allows you as the bride to focus on the fun stuff! During the day of, Soltana and her entire team are there for you every step of the way to ensure your day goes on flawlessly. If there was anything you needed or anything went wrong, her team was there immediately to solve the issue! We were able to relax and enjoy our night because of Soltana & her team ensuring that the timeline went on without a hitch and that everyone was having the best time. I highly recommend VelvetAlleyEvents for your next event, it will exceed your expectations if you have Soltana & her team as your planner!

Vanessa · Married on 08/03/2018

Soltana and the team were very organized, reliable, and professional. The day of the wedding there were a few issues and Soltana and her team problem solved and took care of the situation to help the wedding run smoothly. I highly recommend them!!!!

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2018

Never in my life did I ever think I would need a coordinator for my wedding, that was until I met Soltana and her amazing team.
    Without them I don’t think my husband and I would been able to stay sane and feel so at ease not only the day of but during the planning process. We feel forever blessed to have such an amazing company such as velvet alley to help us with our wedding! If I could do it again I wouldn’t hesitate!

Velvet Alley Events 1
    Velvet Alley Events 2
    Velvet Alley Events 3

Julianne · Married on 07/20/2018

I have nothing but great words and good thoughts of Soltana at VAE. She knows her stuff, and took care of everything. As suggested on many other reviews, we paid for the extra hours so that we did not have to do anything! The staff took care of everything, and so we were able to just enjoy our special day.

Selena · Married on 06/30/2018

We were really grateful and thankful for Soltana and her team! They provided expertise guidance during every visit and helped make suggestions on everything--even the small details that we did not think of. They also helped set up a lot of decor and items to perfection and went above and beyond in every way. I loved the way they rearranged the ceremony decorations for our reception area and sweetheart table. All of our guests were really impressed with the wedding planner and her team. As a couple getting married, there is a lot to plan for and Soltana responded quickly to any question that we had. She definitely relieved any stress during the planning period and day of.

Velvet Alley Events 4
    Velvet Alley Events 5
    Velvet Alley Events 6

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

My now husband and I had our wedding at Eden Gardens and we were fortunate enough to work with Soltana to prep for our special day. Since the first time we met her, she was super charismatic and we knew she was going to be a pleasure to work with right then and there. She was super responsive and always willing to answer any questions and give her honest, professional opinions. Soltana is all ears, willing to listen. She somehow always knew exactly what we wanted. You can tell that she loves what she does as she truly expresses it through her professionalism. She is willing to go above and beyond to accommodate your needs, and make sure you have the best, most amazing wedding day ever. My wedding would not have been the same without Soltana. My husband and I are truly grateful for everything she did for us, for our once in a lifetime event. Soltana played a huge role in what will truly made our wedding memorable.

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Soltana was a preferred vendor of my venue (Los Robles Greens). Soltana and her team were absolutely perfect. The day would not have been as perfect without her. Everyone commented on how smooth everything went throughout the day. Soltana was available any time I had a question and she was always quick to respond. I would definitely recommend Soltana to anyone I know who is getting married. She went above and beyond to create a perfect day!

Stacey · Married on 06/02/2018

Hands down, Soltana at Velvet Alley Events is the best! The wedding went off perfectly because of Soltana. She is dependable, honest, knowledgeable, kind, thoughtful, hard working, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Her prices were also very budget friendly, too. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We used Velvet Alley Events for our day-of Coordinator since their partial service was included when we booked our venue. We ended up adding on extra hours and an extra person, and I'm really glad we did. Soltana and her team were awesome! Our wedding day ran so smoothly, and I really felt like I didn't need to worry about a thing once we arrived at the venue. They were very detail-oriented. One thing that sticks out in my mind was that we had bought little to-go boxes for our dessert bar (in case people were full), and they assembled all of them so that our guests could just grab and go. It didn't even cross my mind that they would do that for us/the guests (I figured the guests would do it, lol). My husband and I were both very happy with Velvet Alley Events, and we can't recommend them enough!

Nellie · Married on 05/19/2018

Soltana made my wedding run incredibly smoothly. She dealt with any issues that came up without me even hearing about it. She and her team made the day and night so enjoyable for my husband and I and my family! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Cindy · Married on 03/24/2018

Received referral to Soltana from our venue, Hummingbird Nest Ranch, and am SO THANKFUL! We designed and planned my daughter's wedding, then hired Soltana for month/day of coordination. As a PMP, I was very impressed with how quickly she absorbed all of our information and plan detail; she was able to jump right in and add value. She tracked and tied up all loose ends, and thoroughly documented our event timeline. I hired all the vendors prior to Soltana joining us, and she quickly took the reins and made certain they were completely prepared for our big day. Unfortunately, the day of our event, we had serious performance issues with our vendors. Soltana and her team were miraculous in dealing with all of these, which is not what she was hired to do. She spent the entire day/night babysitting paid professionals, in order to keep our event going, all without my daughter and her husband knowing a thing. She has a keen eye for detail and keeps her clients best interest in mind (prevented us from incurring penalty fees as a result of bad vendor behavior). Keep in mind, she didn't hire these vendors, she inherited them from me. But it didn't matter, she made the day happen according to plan. If you're looking for a planning partner, don't look any further than Soltana - SHE'S THE BEST!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I worked with Soltana after receiving her as a recommendation from our venue, MountainGate Country Club. I planned the wedding from out of state and she was absolutely fantastic to work with. She was responsive and timely with her communications and incredibly helpful in letting me ship items out ahead of time. She also went out of her way on the morning of the wedding to bring my bouquet to the hotel so I could have it earlier for pictures. At the ceremony and reception, everything ran flawlessly and on-time. My husband, who wasn't super involved in the planning process, even commented that he felt she did a fantastic job. She truly went above and beyond and helped to create a perfect day that I was able to truly enjoy because I didn't have to stress about the details.

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2017

Honestly, if you are even thinking of going with someone else... DON'T! Soltana and her team are amazing. They made our wedding seamless, and if something went wrong... I still don't know about it. They made our day unforgettable to the smallest details, and we are thrilled they were apart of our special day. You will not be disappointed!!

Nicole · Married on 10/21/2017

What can I say, my day was absolutely PERFECT!!! Wouldn't change a thing!! Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events helped to make my day everything I had ever dreamed of. She helped me from beginning to end & made sure every detail was perfect!! I highly recommend Velvet Alley for ALL your wedding planning & coordination!!

Allie · Married on 10/08/2017

Soltana was such a pleasure to work with and so professional and calm. She knows exactly what she is doing and was very helpful in the planning process. She also communicated with other vendors on our behalf, and made sure everything was in the perfect place for the wedding. She set up everything exactly how we wanted it. Definitily worth it to hire her on for the entire night!

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2017

Soltana and Lindee worked so efficiently and smoothly to make our big day the best! They're very responsive to your input and all the little questions that pop up as your wedding day nears. We were so relieved on how little we had to sweat any of the details -- big and small -- with them acting as the point person and managing the other vendors. Top notch service!

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2017

Working with Soltana and her team was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning, she was professional, knowledgeable, and genuine in her interest of what I was looking for. She offered great suggestions when I was unsure about something and was able to answer questions about other vendors when I was trying to choose who to work with. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Lindy were there every step of the way. I ended up paying a bit extra to keep them both until the end of the night and I am SO happy that I did - definitely one of the best decisions that I made. Soltana and Lindy were very helpful in gathering up all the gifts, cards, decor, and coordinating with the vendors returning at the end of the night to pick up their pieces. I truly had a wonderful wedding day and could not have done it without Soltana and Velvet Alley Events!

Velvet Alley Events 7

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO SOLTANA AND KAY!! Even though, on paper, we had Kay for our day-of-coordinator, I felt like we had Soltana and Kay as our planners.

Husband and I live in SF so we had to Facetime with Soltana and Kay for our meetings but they were easy and very straightforward. Every time I felt anxious or panic-y, I remembered Soltana and Kay to feel at ease.

On the day of – so. Much. Respect. For. Coordinators]. Kay and her assistant were angels. Other than Kay being by my side and basically running the show, my utmost respect for Kay was when my elder family members who did not speak English had questions/requests, Kay was patient with them by trying to understand them. I really appreciated that and cannot thank her enough.

Team: if you're reading this, thank you again from the bottom of my heart <3

• Z

Zuleyma · Married on 08/08/2017

Soltana and her team were THE BEST!! They made sure everything was in place. Soltana made a timeline for us, breaking down the times for everything!! The day of the wedding I literally had to jump out of my car and run into the venue because there was people arriving super early and I didn't want them to see me so I called soltana and she told me to just pull up and come inside, she handled the rest. She also fixed my garter that was a little big she walked in with a mini sewing kit and fixed it really quick. Thank you Soltana and your team for everything! Our wedding would've been the same without you guys!

• O

Olivia · Married on 07/08/2017

Their services were amazing! I didn't know how much we would need them that day until the day came. Soltana made everything run so smoothly without any effort on our part. From the decoration drop off, to the shoe glue she used to rescue a bridesmaid's broken shoe, I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. Thank you, Velvet Alley Events!

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2017

I can't say enough good things about Soltana and her staff from Velvet Alley Events. Our wedding was up in San Miguel, California so Soltana and I only spoke on the phone and via email leading up to our wedding weekend. During this process, she was invaluable to the planning of our wedding, and offered great insight and suggestions for things I hadn't thought of. There were a few times I emailed Soltana in the middle of the night with a slight panic over a detail I had forgot, and it was always so comforting to receive a detailed response within the next day. As soon as I met Soltana in person during our rehearsal dinner I knew we were in great hands! My stress of the weekend instantly melted away and I could enjoy being the bride. Her and her staff were so organized and they had controlled coordinating with all our other vendors the weeks before the wedding (including fielding all vendor questions so help free up my time). The day of the wedding was flawless and I could not have asked for anything more from Soltana and her team. I would highly recommend them for your wedding (or other event) and they will be the first company I contact for any future event needs.