126 Reviews for Velvet Alley Events

Double Weddings (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
Military (1)
126 Velvet Alley Events Reviews

Soltana was a preferred vendor of my venue (Los Robles Greens). Soltana and her team were absolutely perfect. The day would not have been as perfect without her. Everyone commented on how smooth everything went throughout the day. Soltana was available any time I had a question and she was always quick to respond. I would definitely recommend Soltana to anyone I know who is getting married. She went above and beyond to create a perfect day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Hands down, Soltana at Velvet Alley Events is the best! The wedding went off perfectly because of Soltana. She is dependable, honest, knowledgeable, kind, thoughtful, hard working, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Her prices were also very budget friendly, too. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana made my wedding run incredibly smoothly. She dealt with any issues that came up without me even hearing about it. She and her team made the day and night so enjoyable for my husband and I and my family! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Nellie, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Received referral to Soltana from our venue, Hummingbird Nest Ranch, and am SO THANKFUL! We designed and planned my daughter's wedding, then hired Soltana for month/day of coordination. As a PMP, I was very impressed with how quickly she absorbed all of our information and plan detail; she was able to jump right in and add value. She tracked and tied up all loose ends, and thoroughly documented our event timeline. I hired all the vendors prior to Soltana joining us, and she quickly took the reins and made certain they were completely prepared for our big day. Unfortunately, the day of our event, we had serious performance issues with our vendors. Soltana and her team were miraculous in dealing with all of these, which is not what she was hired to do. She spent the entire day/night babysitting paid professionals, in order to keep our event going, all without my daughter and her husband knowing a thing. She has a keen eye for detail and keeps her clients best interest in mind (prevented us from incurring penalty fees as a result of bad vendor behavior). Keep in mind, she didn't hire these vendors, she inherited them from me. But it didn't matter, she made the day happen according to plan. If you're looking for a planning partner, don't look any further than Soltana - SHE'S THE BEST!

Profile Picture Cindy, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

I worked with Soltana after receiving her as a recommendation from our venue, MountainGate Country Club. I planned the wedding from out of state and she was absolutely fantastic to work with. She was responsive and timely with her communications and incredibly helpful in letting me ship items out ahead of time. She also went out of her way on the morning of the wedding to bring my bouquet to the hotel so I could have it earlier for pictures. At the ceremony and reception, everything ran flawlessly and on-time. My husband, who wasn't super involved in the planning process, even commented that he felt she did a fantastic job. She truly went above and beyond and helped to create a perfect day that I was able to truly enjoy because I didn't have to stress about the details.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Double Weddings, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

Honestly, if you are even thinking of going with someone else... DON'T! Soltana and her team are amazing. They made our wedding seamless, and if something went wrong... I still don't know about it. They made our day unforgettable to the smallest details, and we are thrilled they were apart of our special day. You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

What can I say, my day was absolutely PERFECT!!! Wouldn't change a thing!! Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events helped to make my day everything I had ever dreamed of. She helped me from beginning to end & made sure every detail was perfect!! I highly recommend Velvet Alley for ALL your wedding planning & coordination!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana was such a pleasure to work with and so professional and calm. She knows exactly what she is doing and was very helpful in the planning process. She also communicated with other vendors on our behalf, and made sure everything was in the perfect place for the wedding. She set up everything exactly how we wanted it. Definitily worth it to hire her on for the entire night!

Profile Picture User7892177, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana and Lindee worked so efficiently and smoothly to make our big day the best! They're very responsive to your input and all the little questions that pop up as your wedding day nears. We were so relieved on how little we had to sweat any of the details -- big and small -- with them acting as the point person and managing the other vendors. Top notch service!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Working with Soltana and her team was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning, she was professional, knowledgeable, and genuine in her interest of what I was looking for. She offered great suggestions when I was unsure about something and was able to answer questions about other vendors when I was trying to choose who to work with. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Lindy were there every step of the way. I ended up paying a bit extra to keep them both until the end of the night and I am SO happy that I did - definitely one of the best decisions that I made. Soltana and Lindy were very helpful in gathering up all the gifts, cards, decor, and coordinating with the vendors returning at the end of the night to pick up their pieces. I truly had a wonderful wedding day and could not have done it without Soltana and Velvet Alley Events!

Photo for Velvet Alley Events Review - Thanks to Soltana for the veil lift!
Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/15/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO SOLTANA AND KAY!! Even though, on paper, we had Kay for our day-of-coordinator, I felt like we had Soltana and Kay as our planners.

Husband and I live in SF so we had to Facetime with Soltana and Kay for our meetings but they were easy and very straightforward. Every time I felt anxious or panic-y, I remembered Soltana and Kay to feel at ease.

On the day of – so. Much. Respect. For. Coordinators]. Kay and her assistant were angels. Other than Kay being by my side and basically running the show, my utmost respect for Kay was when my elder family members who did not speak English had questions/requests, Kay was patient with them by trying to understand them. I really appreciated that and cannot thank her enough.

Team: if you're reading this, thank you again from the bottom of my heart

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

Soltana and her team were THE BEST!! They made sure everything was in place. Soltana made a timeline for us, breaking down the times for everything!! The day of the wedding I literally had to jump out of my car and run into the venue because there was people arriving super early and I didn't want them to see me so I called soltana and she told me to just pull up and come inside, she handled the rest. She also fixed my garter that was a little big she walked in with a mini sewing kit and fixed it really quick. Thank you Soltana and your team for everything! Our wedding would've been the same without you guys!

Profile Picture Zuleyma, 8/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Timelines

Their services were amazing! I didn't know how much we would need them that day until the day came. Soltana made everything run so smoothly without any effort on our part. From the decoration drop off, to the shoe glue she used to rescue a bridesmaid's broken shoe, I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. Thank you, Velvet Alley Events!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
3.2

Soltana was our wedding coordinator for the day. She came included with the wedding venue through the ceremony with an option to pay more for her to stay throughout the entire event. She responds very quickly to emails and questions, which is definitely a plus when you're planning a wedding. I am very detail oriented and unfortunately it seems that Soltana isn't. I had a lot of handmade decor and signs that needed set up, so we hired an assistant, named Lindy to help with that. (Lindy was great!) Before our final meeting I emailed a list and photos to Soltana so she would have an idea of how things should be set up. She didn't look at it before the meeting, which was frustrating because I had to re-explain everything. The day of the wedding, we arrived and found a couple of guests wandering the property when they shouldn't be. Soltana was dressed in a black tank top, bra straps showing, and black leggings with sneakers. We had several guests comment on how unprofessional she looked. Even a few of the vendors complained. The bridal suite at The venue is a small trailer. Not a ton of space. I had 3 girls in my wedding party, plus me, my huge dress, my mom, 2 photographers, and 2 videographers. We then had random family start to wander in, at the approval of Soltana. I had wanted to keep the family and guests out, so that everyone could see me all at once. Not a huge deal, and easily fixed by Soltana and Lindy. At the reception we had a wedding cake, which was just to be cut, not served, and then we had cupcakes for all the guests to eat. The cake started melting because it was hot so we had to cut it sooner than planned. At the time we cut the cake, there was an issue with a member of the catering staff. So after we cut the cake, the staff started to serve it. It went out to 2 tables before I was able to track down Soltana to put a stop to it. Overall, there was definitely room for improvement, but we enjoyed our day, and it was great to have someone to help!

Profile Picture Marissa, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

I want to share the note that we sent to Soltana after our amazing wedding this past June at Eden Gardens, Moorpark, CA:

Now that we're back from Bora Bora, we're back into our old groove, and all the gift boxes have been opened and put away, I wanted to take a moment to let you know just how thankful we are to you and your team for helping us put together an amazing party for us and all our friends. Your assistant (whose name -forgive me- has escaped me) was also a tremendous help to Daniel and me. We both reminisced on how much we really felt that your help and your presence were a relief to the both of us and that it really afforded us the opportunity to try and take all the excitement in. It was a great value for what we feel you and your team gave us; you exceeded our expectations. We will not hesitate to recommend you both personally and on Yelp. If there is anywhere else that would be useful to write a positive review for your business, please let us know.

Thank you overall for your kindness to us, and for all of your valuable expertise.

Profile Picture Jamee, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't say enough good things about Soltana and her staff from Velvet Alley Events. Our wedding was up in San Miguel, California so Soltana and I only spoke on the phone and via email leading up to our wedding weekend. During this process, she was invaluable to the planning of our wedding, and offered great insight and suggestions for things I hadn't thought of. There were a few times I emailed Soltana in the middle of the night with a slight panic over a detail I had forgot, and it was always so comforting to receive a detailed response within the next day. As soon as I met Soltana in person during our rehearsal dinner I knew we were in great hands! My stress of the weekend instantly melted away and I could enjoy being the bride. Her and her staff were so organized and they had controlled coordinating with all our other vendors the weeks before the wedding (including fielding all vendor questions so help free up my time). The day of the wedding was flawless and I could not have asked for anything more from Soltana and her team. I would highly recommend them for your wedding (or other event) and they will be the first company I contact for any future event needs.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

Soltana and her team were TRULY AMAZING!!! From our initial meeting through the end of our wedding night, her and her team were there for us! Soltana not only gave helpful suggestions before our wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. She was so organized while creating our detailed timeline and getting all necessary contact information from all our vendors. Her and her team maintained professional while problem-solving during our wedding. Best of all, she eased my anxiety so much during the days leading up to and the night of our wedding!!! We received so much positive feedback from all our guest on how organized and smooth our wedding was! Our night would not have been the same if it wasn't for Soltana and her team. Highly recommend Velvet Alley Events!!

Profile Picture Nazzi , 4/15/17, 1 Review
4.1

Velvet Alley Events executed my wedding exactly as I imagined it to be! There were ZERO hiccups the entire evening, except for the weather which Soltana mitigated the situation quickly!! I only utilized Velvet Alley for day-of coordination at MountainGate Country Club, guest size about 250.

Soltana communicated very well with all of my vendors (venue, cake, florist, DJ, photo booth, photographer, and videographer), which allowed the evening to go smoothly without complaints.

Check out the Velvet Alley's Instagram page for events that they have executed. All are gorgeous!!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events as our Day Of Coordinator made it achievable for my husband and I to have a stress-free wedding reception and enjoy our time with our friends and family. Oftentimes people tell you that you’ll be so busy the day of you’ll forget to eat, well Soltana made sure we ate, drank, and danced our way through our wedding with smiles on our faces and laughter surrounding the venue.

She and her team kept things organized, on schedule (which she helped us coordinate about a month before the big day) and helped keep our reception enjoyable for everyone in attendance. Leading up to our wedding day Soltana was available for our questions and recommendation requests. She also kept all of our vendors on the same page before the event and during the event; she was also able to act as representative for the emergency tent that had to go up last minute – which was a phenomenal help and kept me keep sane. Her positive attitude made the day disaster free and her attentiveness to our needs really shows how much she cares about her clients. Thank you to Soltana and her team for her wonderful work with us on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Zennia, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

First off let me say that I would recommend Soltana and her team to EVERYONE needing any kind of day of coordinating services. Her prices were extremely reasonable compared to other coordinators. I cannot imagine what we would have done without Soltana! Soltana was always available by text call or email at any time of the day for every question. She listened to every request and gave great advice for us wedding novices! The day of, I truly felt that Soltana and her team made the wedding as perfect as it turned out. They seemed to be everywhere at all times, problem solving and directing at every step. The best part about Soltana and the team I must say though was how genuinely invested and happy they all were to be apart of our wedding. They made sure everyone involved was doing what needed to be done but with a smile.

Profile Picture Leah, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana and her team are truly amazing to work with! Soltana was extremely organized and helpful with everything. She is very professional and she is definitely an expert at what she does. She has great ideas and suggestions, and she really works with you to make everything exactly the way you want it.

We brought in our own centerpieces and a lot of our own decor, and I was a little unsure if everything would be set up how I envisioned it. I felt like I sent a very detailed email with everything that we were bringing and how we wanted it all set up, but I was still wondering if I was making a mistake by bringing in so much of our own stuff. Soltana responded to the email and wasn't phased at all with all of our requests! When we dropped everything off to her the day before the wedding, she was extremely calm and she had everything under control. It was very reassuring to see her so calm and confident about everything.

Our wedding day could not have been more beautiful! Soltana and her team went above and beyond our requests and made everything look even more perfect than we could have imagined! We paid overtime charges to keep her and her team there until the end of the night, and it was definitely one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. We did not have to think about a single thing at the end of the night; they took care of all of the clean up, they put away everything that we brought in for the wedding, and they even helped direct everyone out of the venue to the shuttles at the end of the night. It was worth every penny and I would definitely suggest keeping her until the end of the night if you can!

Having Soltana and her team with us on our wedding day was amazing. There is so much happening on your wedding day, so to not have to think about anything other than enjoying yourself and taking it all in is totally worth it! I would absolutely recommend hiring Soltana; you will be in very good hands!

Profile Picture Sheena, 10/29/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

We could not have asked for more from Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events. During planning Soltana would go over things we never even considered or thought of, helping us to design the most wonderful wedding we could of hoped for. On the day-of everything was smooth and seamless, from welcome, to ceremony, to reception, everything was perfect, and something our guests are still raving about weeks later!

Profile Picture Kirsta, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

There aren't enough great things I can say about Soltana and her team!!! From the start she went above and beyond. We got married at Hummingbird Nest Ranch and VAE was one of the coordinator referrals given to me by Hummingbird Nest. I sent emails to at least 8 coordinators and Soltana was the only one who called me and got a feel for what I was looking for. From then on, she was extremely responsive and responded to all of my questions and emails within 24 hours, if not right away. Every time I told a vendor that Soltana was my coordinator, their response was something about how much they love working with her or how great she is. Her whole team was so responsive and kind. We needed a big mirror to get ready with and her associate went to her home to get us one!!! Every detail was perfect. The wedding day was a breeze and they handled everything with such ease and care. If you hire Soltana and her team you will NOT be disappointed!!! I promise!!

Profile Picture Carly, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I had always heard that a great wedding coordinator is worth their weight in gold, and now I really know what that means. Soltana is absolutely the best and it was evident to me that there was nothing she hadn't thought of, prepared for, or missed. Every detail was documented, checked and rechecked and when we had a few last minute "freak outs" I got a quick "I'll handle it" from Soltana. I had my daughter's wedding dreamed up in my head, but when I walked through the venue on the day of the wedding I seriously began to cry tears of joy and awe. Soltana took all the items I brought ( but she must have snuck in some others) because the set up ended up being more magical and beautiful then I could have ever imagined!

So the place looked great, but the actual wedding was also flawless. Thanks again to Soltana, the wedding was perfect! Last minute changes were handled with ease and every single aspect of the night went according to her great timeline. As a mother, I was relaxed, happy and truly enjoyed every single minute of the evening. I attribute most of this to Soltana!

I don't have any other daughters, so I doubt I will do this again, but if I could make any recommendations to my friends it would be to hire an exceptional coordinator like Soltana!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Really great service!! Soltana brought enough assistants with her to cover every single detail of the wedding. They were all very attentive and nice to us and all the guests. It definitely shows the experience that they have in this business. I would definitely recommend to any bride out there to use Velvet Alley Events to coordinate their wedding, a MUST.

Profile Picture Martha, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews