Velvet Alley Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Christina
    Christina R. Married on 07/31/2021

Amazing wedding coordinator!

Soltana and her team were phenomenal! They made our entire day stress free and so smooth. Soltana took care of all the vendor coordination in the 30 days leading up to our wedding, made our day-of schedule and took care of all of the setup and day-of tasks. She allowed me to enjoy my day with my girls getting ready and I didn't have to worry about anything. She also guided us through the entire evening at a perfect pace! Highly recommend!
    Cheyenne S. Married on 07/03/2021

Soltana and her team helped to make my wedding everything I imagined!

Soltana and her team were absolutely amazing at my wedding! They were professional, organized, kind, and easy to work with. Everyone in my bridal party commented that Soltana was the most calm and relaxed wedding coordinator they had ever met! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to a friend!
  • Ali
    Ali K. Married on 06/25/2021

We loved Velvet Alley! Can't recommend enough!!

Having Velvet Alley run our big day played a HUGE part in our wedding being the best day of our lives. With so many moving parts, Soltana and her team were on it! Soltana has a way of handling it ALL with ease and a super friendly, calm demeanor. She was extremely responsive via phone/email whenever we had questions throughout the wedding planning process and we were so glad we brought her and her team on for the entire day at Eden Gardens, our venue. I would 100% recommend VA to anyone. My husband works in the wedding industry with hundreds of coordinators and felt so lucky to have this fantastic experience on his own wedding day. Thanks, Velvet Alley!
    Roshni C. Married on 06/11/2021

Amazing, Highly Recommend!

The team at Velvet Alley Events made our wedding seamless!! Soltana and Cindy were amazing and handled every detail so well. From addressing questions during the rehearsal to our big day, they made sure everything was taken care of including small delays to making changes last minute, they were on it! As a bride it is stressful enough to make sure things get done and go the way we want it but on my wedding day, I did not feel like I had to stress about anything or even thought of what was happening behind the scenes. My husband and I not from Southern California and it was very comforting knowing that things were handled properly given that we traveled all the way from Northern California to have our wedding at Eden Gardens (our beautiful venue). They are very organized and kept me up to date with everything. Highly recommend for events! Thank you so much!!
    Mario A. Married on 04/24/2021

It was a pleasure

Velvet alley was great to work with. Whenever I had questions Soltana was very responsive and always had an answer or solution to my questions. Her team was great the day of the wedding. They were on top of things and made a great flow to the wedding. I'm so glad they made it as smooth for us. Thank you Soltana!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 09/29/2019

Highly organized, detailed, and a dream to work with!

Soltana was absolutely incredible! She knows exactly what's up. She was extremely responsive throughout the entire year preceding the wedding and handled everything the weekend of our wedding perfectly. EXTREMELY on top of her stuff. As the groom I was able to watch my bride sit back after a year of planning and let Soltana and her team handle absolutely everything. Even our officiant said she is the best wedding coordinator he's ever worked with!
    Tommy Married on 09/15/2019

Beyond my expectations!

Our wedding was last Sunday and wow, I'm still blown away. Every guest I've talked to, and my parents and friends have talked to said it was the best wedding we've ever been to. The venue is just drop dead gorgeous and I think the wedding looked three times as expensive as it was. We had so much fun! The food was amazing! And the catering team was great.

We were able to come visit the venue anytime, and unlike other venues, Kay who gave us tours wasn't pushy at all for us to book the venue. She even showed up on our wedding day just to watch our first dance, and checked with us of course. We really grew to love the whole staff!

On the big day I was able to relax and enjoy it thanks to being able to trust Soltana who was our day or coordinator. She really went above and beyond to the point that I could fully trust her to run the show, and I'm crazy perfectionist ocd. She was really easy to contact via phone and email anytime and she always got back to my many many emails promptly!

We couldn't be happier with our wedding! And we're so excited our lives together started out on the perfect note!
  • Krista
    Krista M. Married on 08/16/2019

Calm and understanding

It was about three months out that I realized I needed help. Miss Kay from Eden gardens recommended Soltana. I called her and I’m ashamed to say I used some profanity and declared that I am in over my head. She swooped I’m like a fairy god mother and handled it. I still had a lot of choices to make, but her meticulous methods made it very easy. I have a rowdy group of family and friends. She wasn’t phased at all. Soltana is an amazing planner and I certainly owe her a Christmas card this year. She brings one other person to help keep the day on track. My sweet flower girl, three year old, had a massive meltdown. Soltana fixes this instantly. My flower girl was not on the grand entrance and Soltana gave her a grand entrance! She was the happiest little girl. Perfect day and so much stress off my plate.
  • Melanie
    Melanie M. Married on 08/09/2019

Soltana is the BEST!

Our wedding was August 9, 2019. We booked Velvet Alley for month-of coordination services. Soltana was always very prompt to respond to emails and phone calls. She was professional and cheerful and her office space is so cute! Wedding planning gets overwhelming but Soltana will make sure you understand what to do, when to do it and how to do it. The day of our wedding she was on point and so helpful. I can’t thank her enough. She was so thoughtful even asking me if I needed anything to drink, bringing me wine, making sure my family and I got to eat some appetizers, making sure my husband and I ate some dinner. And helping to fix my dress when my clasp broke off thanks to my new husband lol! She was a joy to work with and I was at ease knowing she was taking care of everything that day.
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 06/23/2019

Amazing Coordinator

Soltana is amazing. She is everything you want in a day of coordinator. She was very helpful from our first meeting day to our wedding day. Her organization is incredible and the big day went so smoothly! Her team did such an awesome job.
  • Brynja
    Brynja M. Married on 06/16/2019

We felt we were in Gods hands with Soltana.

Soltana was amazing and did not miss a beat. Her attention to detail was outstanding and she made everyone feel wonderful, and followed through with us, vendors and carried that through till the eve of the wedding was over! A true gem!
  • Julia
    Julia W. Married on 06/08/2019

Had the best day ever!

Our wedding day was amazing and I'm sure that's because of Velvet Alley Events! We worked with Soltana throughout the 2 years of our postponed wedding and then worked with Cindy the day of our wedding and both of them were truly the most helpful, organized, and kind coordinators ever. They truly care about you and your day and go above and beyond to make sure that even if there are issues, that you never hear about it! They just take care of it! Seriously, our day wouldn't have been what it was without Velvet Alley Events.
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 01/12/2019

Life saver

Day-of/Month-of coordinators are something that I heard a lot about but didn't really know anything about when looking into them, and let me tell you - MONEY WELL SPENT. Oh my gosh, seriously, my wedding would have been a WRECK without Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events! Not only was Soltana really great to work with beforehand (she answered my questions quickly and thoroughly, gave me lots of helpful information), but day of was a lifesaver. It rained on my wedding day (when the forecast said it would be done hours before the ceremony, and it wasn't), and they were great at moving the ceremony, making everything for the ceremony and reception absolutely gorgeous, and letting me enjoy the day without worrying about anything. Save yourself the worrying and stressing over executing everything day of, and hire Soltana to take care of it for you. I wish I could have another event just so I could work with her again!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin P. Married on 10/27/2018

Life saver!

I honestly have no words how amazing Soltana was from the moment I met her! She is amazing! Soltana and her team made the day go so smooth and dealt with any issues that arose quickly and professionally. She was able to make the entire venue look beautiful and turned my visions into reality! She was also
    always available when I needed her. I recommend her for your wedding day as it made it so I could enjoy the day rather than be concerned about the details or anything that comes up. She worked with the venue flawlessly and I could not be more grateful for her on the best day of our lives!
    Cassie Married on 10/26/2018

Truly An Amazing Company!!

Soltana Mulhearn from Velvet Alley Events is an all star! We had hired Soltana and her team to be our day of coordinator, and words cannot describe on how amazing they are. We got married this past October at the Gardens at Los Robles, and our wedding ran so smooth thanks to Velvet Alley Event! Due to our limited budget, we had done a lot of the decorations ourselves. Soltana and her team were not discouraged by the task, and set everything up to make our dream wedding come true! This company is truly amazing, and Soltana is such a sweetheart! If you’re in the area and are in need of a coordinator, you need to go with Velvet Alley Events! They really do strive to make your wedding vision come true, and run as smooth as possible!!!
    Rebecca Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Service!

I had Soltana as my month-of coordinator for my wedding, and she and her team were awesome! She truly worked with us every step of the way - always going above and beyond her job to really make sure we had every and anything we wanted. While she was extremely professional, all of my meetings and interactions with her never felt stuffy. She always had a personal level, where she was understanding and flexible, never treating us like one of many clients that she didn't have time for. I know she does tons of weddings, but she never made us feel rushed, insignificant, or anything other than top priority!

We had a true bare bones venue where everything was BYO, making logistics and vendor coordination much trickier than usual. Soltana took care of it all, never making me feel like something wasn't possible. We had lots of changing minds, logistical challenges, inclement weather - all of which Soltana and her assistants took care of.

It sounds cliche, and I know a lot of people "don't tell the bride" things during the wedding, but I truly felt like the entire day went PERFECTLY. Soltana and her team worked behind the scenes all day to make sure my husband and I had the night of our lives - which we really did.

I'd recommend her to any couple in the area. Thank you Velvet Alley Events and Soltana!
  • Andrew
    Andrew M. Married on 10/06/2018

Stellar Wedding Coordinator!

Velvet Alley Events, specifically Soltana Mulhearn, helped to make our special day absolutely memorable at Eden Gardens!

From the get-go, Soltana ensured that we were taken care of. From the first client intake meeting, where Soltana had us fill out an exhaustive questionnaire and answered any of the niggling questions that filled our heads, to the many, many, many follow-up questions that we sent via email, text, or phone call, she made sure that we understood, and felt comfortable with, everything that would be needed to make our wedding absolutely perfect.

My bride is a bit of a Bridezilla, and I'm a bit of a Groomzilla, so I understand that, as a pair, we were a LOT to handle! From our custom-made centerpieces to our custom photos mounted on easels in specific locations around the venue, it was essential for us to understand natural restrictions of both the venue, and the staff for each vendor. Soltana was intimately familiar with all of these and let us know what was, and was not, possible, and worked with us, and the vendors, to ensure that everything went smoothly and competently. For many weeks before the wedding, she set forth a specific schedule of what each vendor would likely be doing every hour of the day, and walked us through the process as many times as we needed to fully understand how the complicated orchestration of parts would be fulfilled.

The day of our wedding, we were absolutely blessed enough to have Soltana be our day-of coordinator as well (Velvet Alley has several day-of coordinators), and she ensured that everything, from our custom-made centerpieces, to our custom-made escort cards, to our custom-made photographs, to our custom-made program displays, and our custom-ordered sand ceremony paraphernalia, was all placed correctly at the right times, and even made many decisions that we didn't even think of to ensure that it all went according to plan! She even thought of some great ideas to improve the pacing of our reception the day of, and ensured we were both OK with her new idea before implementing it with our vendors. All of our guests really enjoyed the attention to detail Velvet Alley's staff paid to our wedding and how they politely kept everyone on schedule.

Throughout the day and night, she stayed with all of us, nudging our bridal party along, gathering members appropriately when necessary, and even found and returned lost keys that had been misplaced! She continuously checked in with us to ensure we were happy with how the night progressed, and made sure we ate not only our dinner, but a little bit of each of our desserts, ice cream, cake, and custom drinks. I couldn't recommend Velvet Alley highly enough!
    Tiffani Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing Wedding Coordinator!

Soltana and her team knew what they were doing! Soltana is sooooo good to work with. She's done this a few times I think :). She's very responsive in her emails, we had a lot of questions and she was always there to hold our hand and calm us down when we were overwhelmed with the whole wedding thing. She recommended some good songs when we weren't sure what to use for certain parts of the wedding. She recommended certain ways to do things that made it work for our wedding party and ceremony/reception.
    During the rehearsal, she made sure everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do and the order of events for the coming day. She made sure to run through the ceremony as many times as needed to ensure everyone was comfortable
    Wedding day- Soltana and her team were so attentive and responsive to our every need. Extremely efficient in how they worked. We gave her a general idea of how we wanted our decoration set up and she was able to arrange everything beautifully. We did not run into any problems the entire day.

Overall working with Soltana was a pleasant and wonderful experience. Her knowledge and planning helped ensure we had a perfect day!
    Luis Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Wedding Coordinating Team

Soltana and her team with an amazing job at our wedding ( Humming Bird Nest Ranch 9/22/18). My now wife and I could not be happier with their services. Velvet Alley Events went above and beyond to make our wedding what it should be, a time to be happy, worry free, and know that everything is under control Soltana and her team provided exceptional costumer service, attention to detail, and professionalism.

They made our my wedding run incredibly smooth and took care of everything. I highly recommend Velvet Alley for ALL your wedding planning & coordination!!

Thank you Soltana for making our big day an unforgettable one !!
    Nina Married on 09/01/2018
    I have NO WORDS to express how wonderful Soltana is!!!!! She is the absolute BEST! We had a Persian/ American wedding at Eden Gardens with 215 people. My mother owns an interior design business where I work with her as well. She is VERY detail-oriented, specific and involved and very difficult to please and let's just say that Soltana completely exceeded her expectations. Soltana and her team went above and beyond to make sure every little detail we mentioned was taken care of better than we could have imagined. My mom always had someone by her side for anything she needed so we never had to chase someone down for help during the wedding and it just felt so comfortable knowing everything was in Soltana's hands! It is so difficult to find someone to completely trust for such a huge meaningful event that you have once in a lifetime, especially when you are spending so much time and money planning, but Velvet Alley Events completely has it down. I will promise you that Soltana and her team will take away every single worry and fear you could even think of. I couldn't have imagined my wedding without them. Thank you for making my wedding the most seamless, perfect day I could ever dream of, Soltana!
    Catherine Married on 08/25/2018
    Soltana & her entire team are an absolute joy to work with! The entire process, from getting engaged up until the wedding day went smoothly because Soltana is extremely knowledgable and talented in what she does! She ensures that no detail is forgotten and that everything is in order for the big day. She works with all the vendors and contracts and allows you as the bride to focus on the fun stuff! During the day of, Soltana and her entire team are there for you every step of the way to ensure your day goes on flawlessly. If there was anything you needed or anything went wrong, her team was there immediately to solve the issue! We were able to relax and enjoy our night because of Soltana & her team ensuring that the timeline went on without a hitch and that everyone was having the best time. I highly recommend VelvetAlleyEvents for your next event, it will exceed your expectations if you have Soltana & her team as your planner!
    Vanessa Married on 08/03/2018
    Soltana and the team were very organized, reliable, and professional. The day of the wedding there were a few issues and Soltana and her team problem solved and took care of the situation to help the wedding run smoothly. I highly recommend them!!!!
    Meghan Married on 07/27/2018
    Never in my life did I ever think I would need a coordinator for my wedding, that was until I met Soltana and her amazing team.
    Without them I don’t think my husband and I would been able to stay sane and feel so at ease not only the day of but during the planning process. We feel forever blessed to have such an amazing company such as velvet alley to help us with our wedding! If I could do it again I wouldn’t hesitate!
  • David
    David Married on 07/22/2018

AMAZING Wedding Coordinator!

Soltana was AMAZING when it came down to the planning process, and she guided us through the entire system step-by-step, to make sure that everything was thought of. And there were a LOT of things that my wife and I did not think about (It was our first wedding), and Soltana made sure that everything was accounted for. I would definitely recommend paying a little extra to hire her as your day-of coordinator. She even helped us set up a scavenger hunt!

And the day of the wedding the entire staff was wonderful. They guided us through every part of the wedding, and made sure that my wife and I could focus on enjoying our time, while they made sure that everything ran smoothly. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day MAGICAL :)
    Julianne Married on 07/20/2018
    I have nothing but great words and good thoughts of Soltana at VAE. She knows her stuff, and took care of everything. As suggested on many other reviews, we paid for the extra hours so that we did not have to do anything! The staff took care of everything, and so we were able to just enjoy our special day.