133 Reviews for Velvet Alley Events

Double Weddings (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
Military (1)
133 Velvet Alley Events Reviews

Soltana & her entire team are an absolute joy to work with! The entire process, from getting engaged up until the wedding day went smoothly because Soltana is extremely knowledgable and talented in what she does! She ensures that no detail is forgotten and that everything is in order for the big day. She works with all the vendors and contracts and allows you as the bride to focus on the fun stuff! During the day of, Soltana and her entire team are there for you every step of the way to ensure your day goes on flawlessly. If there was anything you needed or anything went wrong, her team was there immediately to solve the issue! We were able to relax and enjoy our night because of Soltana & her team ensuring that the timeline went on without a hitch and that everyone was having the best time. I highly recommend VelvetAlleyEvents for your next event, it will exceed your expectations if you have Soltana & her team as your planner!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/25/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Soltana and the team were very organized, reliable, and professional. The day of the wedding there were a few issues and Soltana and her team problem solved and took care of the situation to help the wedding run smoothly. I highly recommend them!!!!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Never in my life did I ever think I would need a coordinator for my wedding, that was until I met Soltana and her amazing team.
Without them I don’t think my husband and I would been able to stay sane and feel so at ease not only the day of but during the planning process. We feel forever blessed to have such an amazing company such as velvet alley to help us with our wedding! If I could do it again I wouldn’t hesitate!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I have nothing but great words and good thoughts of Soltana at VAE. She knows her stuff, and took care of everything. As suggested on many other reviews, we paid for the extra hours so that we did not have to do anything! The staff took care of everything, and so we were able to just enjoy our special day.

Profile Picture Julianne , 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were really grateful and thankful for Soltana and her team! They provided expertise guidance during every visit and helped make suggestions on everything--even the small details that we did not think of. They also helped set up a lot of decor and items to perfection and went above and beyond in every way. I loved the way they rearranged the ceremony decorations for our reception area and sweetheart table. All of our guests were really impressed with the wedding planner and her team. As a couple getting married, there is a lot to plan for and Soltana responded quickly to any question that we had. She definitely relieved any stress during the planning period and day of.

Profile Picture Selena, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

My now husband and I had our wedding at Eden Gardens and we were fortunate enough to work with Soltana to prep for our special day. Since the first time we met her, she was super charismatic and we knew she was going to be a pleasure to work with right then and there. She was super responsive and always willing to answer any questions and give her honest, professional opinions. Soltana is all ears, willing to listen. She somehow always knew exactly what we wanted. You can tell that she loves what she does as she truly expresses it through her professionalism. She is willing to go above and beyond to accommodate your needs, and make sure you have the best, most amazing wedding day ever. My wedding would not have been the same without Soltana. My husband and I are truly grateful for everything she did for us, for our once in a lifetime event. Soltana played a huge role in what will truly made our wedding memorable.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Religious

Soltana was a preferred vendor of my venue (Los Robles Greens). Soltana and her team were absolutely perfect. The day would not have been as perfect without her. Everyone commented on how smooth everything went throughout the day. Soltana was available any time I had a question and she was always quick to respond. I would definitely recommend Soltana to anyone I know who is getting married. She went above and beyond to create a perfect day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Hands down, Soltana at Velvet Alley Events is the best! The wedding went off perfectly because of Soltana. She is dependable, honest, knowledgeable, kind, thoughtful, hard working, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Her prices were also very budget friendly, too. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Velvet Alley Events for our day-of Coordinator since their partial service was included when we booked our venue. We ended up adding on extra hours and an extra person, and I'm really glad we did. Soltana and her team were awesome! Our wedding day ran so smoothly, and I really felt like I didn't need to worry about a thing once we arrived at the venue. They were very detail-oriented. One thing that sticks out in my mind was that we had bought little to-go boxes for our dessert bar (in case people were full), and they assembled all of them so that our guests could just grab and go. It didn't even cross my mind that they would do that for us/the guests (I figured the guests would do it, lol). My husband and I were both very happy with Velvet Alley Events, and we can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Soltana made my wedding run incredibly smoothly. She dealt with any issues that came up without me even hearing about it. She and her team made the day and night so enjoyable for my husband and I and my family! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Nellie, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Received referral to Soltana from our venue, Hummingbird Nest Ranch, and am SO THANKFUL! We designed and planned my daughter's wedding, then hired Soltana for month/day of coordination. As a PMP, I was very impressed with how quickly she absorbed all of our information and plan detail; she was able to jump right in and add value. She tracked and tied up all loose ends, and thoroughly documented our event timeline. I hired all the vendors prior to Soltana joining us, and she quickly took the reins and made certain they were completely prepared for our big day. Unfortunately, the day of our event, we had serious performance issues with our vendors. Soltana and her team were miraculous in dealing with all of these, which is not what she was hired to do. She spent the entire day/night babysitting paid professionals, in order to keep our event going, all without my daughter and her husband knowing a thing. She has a keen eye for detail and keeps her clients best interest in mind (prevented us from incurring penalty fees as a result of bad vendor behavior). Keep in mind, she didn't hire these vendors, she inherited them from me. But it didn't matter, she made the day happen according to plan. If you're looking for a planning partner, don't look any further than Soltana - SHE'S THE BEST!

Profile Picture Cindy, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

I worked with Soltana after receiving her as a recommendation from our venue, MountainGate Country Club. I planned the wedding from out of state and she was absolutely fantastic to work with. She was responsive and timely with her communications and incredibly helpful in letting me ship items out ahead of time. She also went out of her way on the morning of the wedding to bring my bouquet to the hotel so I could have it earlier for pictures. At the ceremony and reception, everything ran flawlessly and on-time. My husband, who wasn't super involved in the planning process, even commented that he felt she did a fantastic job. She truly went above and beyond and helped to create a perfect day that I was able to truly enjoy because I didn't have to stress about the details.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Double Weddings, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

Honestly, if you are even thinking of going with someone else... DON'T! Soltana and her team are amazing. They made our wedding seamless, and if something went wrong... I still don't know about it. They made our day unforgettable to the smallest details, and we are thrilled they were apart of our special day. You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

What can I say, my day was absolutely PERFECT!!! Wouldn't change a thing!! Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events helped to make my day everything I had ever dreamed of. She helped me from beginning to end & made sure every detail was perfect!! I highly recommend Velvet Alley for ALL your wedding planning & coordination!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana was such a pleasure to work with and so professional and calm. She knows exactly what she is doing and was very helpful in the planning process. She also communicated with other vendors on our behalf, and made sure everything was in the perfect place for the wedding. She set up everything exactly how we wanted it. Definitily worth it to hire her on for the entire night!

Profile Picture User7892177, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Soltana and Lindee worked so efficiently and smoothly to make our big day the best! They're very responsive to your input and all the little questions that pop up as your wedding day nears. We were so relieved on how little we had to sweat any of the details -- big and small -- with them acting as the point person and managing the other vendors. Top notch service!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Working with Soltana and her team was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning, she was professional, knowledgeable, and genuine in her interest of what I was looking for. She offered great suggestions when I was unsure about something and was able to answer questions about other vendors when I was trying to choose who to work with. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Lindy were there every step of the way. I ended up paying a bit extra to keep them both until the end of the night and I am SO happy that I did - definitely one of the best decisions that I made. Soltana and Lindy were very helpful in gathering up all the gifts, cards, decor, and coordinating with the vendors returning at the end of the night to pick up their pieces. I truly had a wonderful wedding day and could not have done it without Soltana and Velvet Alley Events!

Photo for Velvet Alley Events Review - Thanks to Soltana for the veil lift!
Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/15/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO SOLTANA AND KAY!! Even though, on paper, we had Kay for our day-of-coordinator, I felt like we had Soltana and Kay as our planners.

Husband and I live in SF so we had to Facetime with Soltana and Kay for our meetings but they were easy and very straightforward. Every time I felt anxious or panic-y, I remembered Soltana and Kay to feel at ease.

On the day of – so. Much. Respect. For. Coordinators]. Kay and her assistant were angels. Other than Kay being by my side and basically running the show, my utmost respect for Kay was when my elder family members who did not speak English had questions/requests, Kay was patient with them by trying to understand them. I really appreciated that and cannot thank her enough.

Team: if you're reading this, thank you again from the bottom of my heart

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

Soltana and her team were THE BEST!! They made sure everything was in place. Soltana made a timeline for us, breaking down the times for everything!! The day of the wedding I literally had to jump out of my car and run into the venue because there was people arriving super early and I didn't want them to see me so I called soltana and she told me to just pull up and come inside, she handled the rest. She also fixed my garter that was a little big she walked in with a mini sewing kit and fixed it really quick. Thank you Soltana and your team for everything! Our wedding would've been the same without you guys!

Profile Picture Zuleyma, 8/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Timelines

Their services were amazing! I didn't know how much we would need them that day until the day came. Soltana made everything run so smoothly without any effort on our part. From the decoration drop off, to the shoe glue she used to rescue a bridesmaid's broken shoe, I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. Thank you, Velvet Alley Events!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
3.2

Soltana was our wedding coordinator for the day. She came included with the wedding venue through the ceremony with an option to pay more for her to stay throughout the entire event. She responds very quickly to emails and questions, which is definitely a plus when you're planning a wedding. I am very detail oriented and unfortunately it seems that Soltana isn't. I had a lot of handmade decor and signs that needed set up, so we hired an assistant, named Lindy to help with that. (Lindy was great!) Before our final meeting I emailed a list and photos to Soltana so she would have an idea of how things should be set up. She didn't look at it before the meeting, which was frustrating because I had to re-explain everything. The day of the wedding, we arrived and found a couple of guests wandering the property when they shouldn't be. Soltana was dressed in a black tank top, bra straps showing, and black leggings with sneakers. We had several guests comment on how unprofessional she looked. Even a few of the vendors complained. The bridal suite at The venue is a small trailer. Not a ton of space. I had 3 girls in my wedding party, plus me, my huge dress, my mom, 2 photographers, and 2 videographers. We then had random family start to wander in, at the approval of Soltana. I had wanted to keep the family and guests out, so that everyone could see me all at once. Not a huge deal, and easily fixed by Soltana and Lindy. At the reception we had a wedding cake, which was just to be cut, not served, and then we had cupcakes for all the guests to eat. The cake started melting because it was hot so we had to cut it sooner than planned. At the time we cut the cake, there was an issue with a member of the catering staff. So after we cut the cake, the staff started to serve it. It went out to 2 tables before I was able to track down Soltana to put a stop to it. Overall, there was definitely room for improvement, but we enjoyed our day, and it was great to have someone to help!

Profile Picture Marissa, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

I want to share the note that we sent to Soltana after our amazing wedding this past June at Eden Gardens, Moorpark, CA:

Now that we're back from Bora Bora, we're back into our old groove, and all the gift boxes have been opened and put away, I wanted to take a moment to let you know just how thankful we are to you and your team for helping us put together an amazing party for us and all our friends. Your assistant (whose name -forgive me- has escaped me) was also a tremendous help to Daniel and me. We both reminisced on how much we really felt that your help and your presence were a relief to the both of us and that it really afforded us the opportunity to try and take all the excitement in. It was a great value for what we feel you and your team gave us; you exceeded our expectations. We will not hesitate to recommend you both personally and on Yelp. If there is anywhere else that would be useful to write a positive review for your business, please let us know.

Thank you overall for your kindness to us, and for all of your valuable expertise.

Profile Picture Jamee, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't say enough good things about Soltana and her staff from Velvet Alley Events. Our wedding was up in San Miguel, California so Soltana and I only spoke on the phone and via email leading up to our wedding weekend. During this process, she was invaluable to the planning of our wedding, and offered great insight and suggestions for things I hadn't thought of. There were a few times I emailed Soltana in the middle of the night with a slight panic over a detail I had forgot, and it was always so comforting to receive a detailed response within the next day. As soon as I met Soltana in person during our rehearsal dinner I knew we were in great hands! My stress of the weekend instantly melted away and I could enjoy being the bride. Her and her staff were so organized and they had controlled coordinating with all our other vendors the weeks before the wedding (including fielding all vendor questions so help free up my time). The day of the wedding was flawless and I could not have asked for anything more from Soltana and her team. I would highly recommend them for your wedding (or other event) and they will be the first company I contact for any future event needs.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

Soltana and her team were TRULY AMAZING!!! From our initial meeting through the end of our wedding night, her and her team were there for us! Soltana not only gave helpful suggestions before our wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. She was so organized while creating our detailed timeline and getting all necessary contact information from all our vendors. Her and her team maintained professional while problem-solving during our wedding. Best of all, she eased my anxiety so much during the days leading up to and the night of our wedding!!! We received so much positive feedback from all our guest on how organized and smooth our wedding was! Our night would not have been the same if it wasn't for Soltana and her team. Highly recommend Velvet Alley Events!!

Profile Picture Nazzi , 4/15/17, 1 Review
4.1

Velvet Alley Events executed my wedding exactly as I imagined it to be! There were ZERO hiccups the entire evening, except for the weather which Soltana mitigated the situation quickly!! I only utilized Velvet Alley for day-of coordination at MountainGate Country Club, guest size about 250.

Soltana communicated very well with all of my vendors (venue, cake, florist, DJ, photo booth, photographer, and videographer), which allowed the evening to go smoothly without complaints.

Check out the Velvet Alley's Instagram page for events that they have executed. All are gorgeous!!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews