Vanessa Ray Photography Reviews

7 | Raleigh, NC

7 Reviews for Vanessa Ray Photography

Stephanie · Married on 12/22/2018

Outstanding Talent

Vanessa was amazing. She captured our day better than how we thought we wanted it to be captured. She exceeded our expectations. She was great in understanding what we wanted/didn't want in photos and executed perfectly. I highly recommend Vanessa as your photographer, you will not be disappointed. You will be blown away by her talent.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2017

This was the BEST decision my husband and I made for the wedding. Vanessa was by my side the entire night to capture every moment. She was a calming presence when things got hectic. She made sure everything ran smoothly. She makes the picture process easy and fun. I told Vanessa my concerns with the way my dress was positioned and she made sure for every photo it was not on my mind. She got every detail of the wedding. She knows how to work the crowd and get everyone in position to make picture process run smoothly. We had Vanessa do our engagement photos and bridal portraits. Vanessa does a perfect job capturing the candid moments. She met with us several times and took everything we wanted into consideration. Not only did we gain a photographer for all of our momentous occasions, but we also gained a wonderful friend.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Jen · Married on 04/18/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Vanessa. She made our wedding day SO special and all the days leading up to it as well! We were so pleased with her work and will cherish these photos forever! She was not only our photographer, but became a friend too. Her work is simply incredible and she does a wonderful job prepping to make sure you get all the shots you want for your wedding day! I would 100% recommend her- book her now!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2014

Vanessa is not merely a photographer. Vanessa is a Friend. She added me on Facebook long before the wedding to get a sense of who I was and who we were as a couple. Although we planned the wedding from afar and did not meet in person until the day before the wedding, it did not impact her responsiveness, professionalism, and humor for the planning process. On the day of the wedding, she captured our candid happiness rather than doing extremely staged, over-done poses. She is totally flexible with how the day evolves and uses the space, lighting, and time exceedingly well.

Bonus!!! For our wedding at Duke University, Vanessa helped us sneak into Cameron Indoor Stadium to take photos at our personal haven. It was an adrenaline rush and she was totally game. What a blast!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

We love Vanessa she did our engagement session and wedding day. She was easy to work with and gave us everything and more with our pictures for both. She is our photographer for life!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Cathleen · Married on 09/04/2011

Vanessa took both our engagement and wedding photos and we couldn't be happier with the results, the photos are amazing! Vanessa is so great to work with and we really appreciated how she took the time to get to know each of us, and understand our personalities and relationship. This clearly shows in the photography. She's an extremely talented photographer, was open to any idea we had, but also brought us some great suggestions. I highly recommend Vanessa L Photography!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/06/2010

Vanessa photographed both my bridal portraits and the wedding day. The results were fantastic! During the bridal portraits she provided a relaxing atmosphere and was so encouraging! Even though my natural tendency is to feel awkward when officially posing for a formal photo, she provided direction in such a friendly way that I was having fun which kept the smiles in my photos genuine...just what I wanted.

On the wedding day she took a ton of photos to ensure catching key moments and her interaction with guests was cordial and subtle. As she was editing the photos after the wedding, she emailed a few preview shots to get me excited about the final albums which she packaged and delivered to me perfectly.

Sent on 01/23/2012