The Vanderbilt at South Beach Reviews

40 | Staten Island, NY

40 Reviews for The Vanderbilt at South Beach

Angela · Married on 08/04/2019

great experience

The venue is beautiful and has many options for your ceremony. 1. The most expensive option is the ceremony on the beach. 2. you can use the boardwalk where the gazebo is at. 3. The garden area or indoors. The palm room is gorgeous. I fell in love with it from the moment I saw it. It is unique and beautiful. I used it for the cocktail servings. The ballroom was beautiful. I had my ceremony on the beach and it was executed very well. I loved it . Food was delicious, cake was delicious and and staff was very friendly. I worked and planned with Brittany and she was great!! The only negative - my wonderful family all were arriving super early to the wedding and were all just walking into my bridal suite. Between the entire bridal party and then my family guest walking right up it was packed in there. But Brittany soon came to the rescue!!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Day

I can't say enough good things about my experience at the Vanderbilt. Brittany, our event planner there, and the rest of her staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Brittany always kept a cool head, and when the ceremony had to be moved inside, she assured me that it would be perfect anyway, and it was. The food was fantastic and my guests are still talking about it! Everything was beautiful. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Vanderbilt!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/02/2018

Amazing Experience from Beginning to End! Love them

Where does one even begin. From before booking the Vanderbilt the staff was super accommodating. I explained our vision to our planner Brittany Felice and she was able to put together a package for us that fit our budget. We planned for almost 2 years and we were always made to feel like anything was possible. Brittany entertained all of my ideas and helped to execute them seamlessly. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Southfin Grill next door.

The day of our wedding was just magical. Brittany, Felix and Monica were there for us every step of the way. We didn’t have to worry about anything and they worked so well with our vendors. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend the Vanderbilt. They take care of you as if you were family and you will have an amazing event there because the staff loves what they do. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about how perfect everything was. Thank you Vanderbilt team !!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Jessie · Married on 10/06/2018

AMAZZZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGG!!!! I cannot thank the Vanderbilt enough for everything they did for me and my now husband for our wedding even though I drove them crazy with all my small details they did everything for me and on the day of the wedding made sure everything was perfect, communication and follow through is incredible. Brittany, Sam, Felix.. the entire team there thank you so much SO SO much for making my day so special, love you guys!!!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/22/2018

Sal, Felix and Crystal are INCREDIBLE! They made my day so special and I was able to relax and let them take over. I cannot say enough good things! THANK YOU.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Matthew · Married on 07/14/2017

Me and my wife are still talking about the wedding they were accommodating they helped with everything. They made the necessary adjustments for us and the food was amazing we wish we could do it again. Brittany and her crew was amazing

Sent on 07/21/2017

Dominique · Married on 03/04/2017

Sal and his team at the Vanderbilt were amazing! I didn't have a wedding planner or day of coordinator, and I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day! Every detail was perfectly executed from the ceremony through the after party. And the food was out of this world!

Sent on 03/06/2017
  • I

Irina · Married on 10/30/2016

Brittany and Felix made our wedding day spectacular. Everything was perfect on their end. The few mishaps we had with other vendors they were able to come in and fix it right away. The food was amazing, the decor was stunning, and you can't forget about the view. They really made it hard for me to leave at the end because I didn't want the night to end.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/24/2016

Brittany at the Vanderbilt was amazing, she was accommodating, open to all of our requests, very hands on. We picked a Russian-style menu but we wanted to swap out some items and she said it was not a problem at all, where as other venues said their menus were as is.
    had a great experience working with her

Sent on 02/24/2016

Elisa · Married on 05/13/2016

I really do not know where to begin... the whole entire staff of the Vanderbilt made our Wedding a night to truly remember. My husband and I were flooded with phone calls and texts the next day stating what a beautiful and over the top wedding it was. Felix, the maitre d' worked all night to make sure every single detail was perfect. Kelly, the bridal attendant ,made sure everything was perfect with my dress and myself. Brittany worked with our families the past year to make sure all the planning and details were perfect. I cannot thank you guys enough. The cocktail hour was amazing, the dinners were delicious, and the Venetian hour topped it all!!! We are definitely looking forward to many more parties in the future!!! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Bianca · Married on 04/24/2016

Sal and the whole team at the Vanderbilt were amazing from day one. Truly excellent service, attentiveness to detail, responsiveness, and the constant feeling that you are in great experienced hands. The venue itself along with the boardwalk setting is beautiful. The food was AMAZING, no joke. Our guests could not stop raving about all the plates and desserts. We had a family style dinner and we got to taste and enjoy a crazy amount of food. Our Maitre D' Felix kept us completely relaxed during the entire evening. I didn't have a wedding planner or a day-of coordinator so I was a little scared that I would miss taking care of something. However, it felt like I had nothing to do but enjoy the evening with my new husband, family and friends.

I will forever be grateful for the whole team that made our day so special.

Sent on 05/06/2016

AJKJ · Married on 04/15/2016

We can't express enough how happy we are with the Vanderbilt. Their service and flexibility is unmatched. The food was so delicious and our guests are still talking about the quality and service. The location made for amazing pictures and our maitre 'd and bridal attendant were so helpful and took care of everything we needed and everything we didn't know we needed. We are 100% happy with their service. Our wedding consultant, Sal, was outstanding and helped us figure out exactly what would make our day special. The staff was also able to accommodate one of our tables who were not able to move around as easily for our cocktail wedding. The staff served the table individually with no problem. They helped make our wedding the amazing party it was.

Sent on 04/27/2016

They were very helpful and accomidating.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Christopher · Married on 08/30/2015

My wife and I just got married at the Vanderbilt yesterday and it was absolutely amazing.

The story about how we wound up at the Vanderbilt is one of luck working in our favor. When we were browsing around for a place to host our wedding, we were travelling from one venue to another and had some time to kill before the second appointment. We decided to stop in for the heck of it with absolutely zero intention of having the wedding there. Then, we met Sal and we couldn't believe how patient and flexible he was. My wife and I asked for a minute and we knew we were never going to make it to that next appointment. We signed the contract immediately and went home very excited.

Over the next few months, Sal was there any time we had questions and he did a great job of keeping my wife calm when she thought we were behind schedule (we were actually months ahead of schedule). As the day drew closer, Sal helped us go over every single last detail with incredible patience and the right advice when we needed it.

On the day of our wedding, the amazing service continued with Felix, the Maitre D, and Kellie the bridal attendant. My wife and I aren't very demanding people (or so I hope lol), but they were there to take care of things before we even knew they needed to be taken care. It was amazing. Our entire bridal party was blown away by the level of service Felix and Kellie gave us. They simply didn't miss a single beat. It was amazing and made us feel like the most important people in the world.

I am absolutely floored by the level of service we received last night. Sal, Felix, Kellie and all of the other people we wound up talking to over the past year were absolutely amazing to work with. Sure, the hall itself, is beautiful and the ocean view making the room that much more breath taking, but the service is the real

Sent on 08/31/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/22/2015

FELIX AND BRITTANY ARE THE BEST WE HAD AN AMAZING WEDDING

Sent on 07/06/2015

Carmela · Married on 04/26/2015

food and service was excellent

Sent on 04/28/2015

Our wedding at Vanderbilt was perfect! Brittany worked with us every step of the way. She made sure to listen to what we wanted and went out of her way to accommodate us. Felix was very helpful the day of the wedding and made sure we were comfortable and happy. The food was incredible as was the atmosphere. The venue is very beautiful and grand. Being able to take pictures on the boardwalk in front of the bridge was icing on the cake. I would recommend this venue to others! We had an amazing wedding!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Cathleen · Married on 10/18/2014

Sal and Jojo made our wedding amazing! They took such good care of us and our guests. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere superb. We couldn't be happier! Thank you so much!
    Tommy and Cathleen Reilly

Sent on 10/21/2014

Megan · Married on 07/18/2014

We had our reception at the Vanderbilt and were beyond happy with our experience! From the very beginning of our planning to the end of the night, our event planner Sal and maître d Felix were amazing. They worked with us to make our day exactly what we wanted and were always available to answer any worries we may have. Every guest came up to us after the reception to say how wonderful the service was from every staff member there and how they had never experienced this kind of attention at a wedding (and believe me our guests have been to many weddings in and around the city!) I very highly recommend the Vanderbilt to anyone!

Sent on 01/21/2015

jaclyn · Married on 06/20/2014

My wife and I cannot thank Sal and the staff at the Vanderbilt enough, especially Felix and Brittany, for making us have the picture perfect amazing wedding. Everything was literally perfect, from the carpeted beach ceremony with palm trees, the perfect weather, the incredible food at cocktail hour, amazing dinner, ice cream sunday bar, everything was just amazing. We had the wedding of our dreams at the Vanderbilt, and everyone afterwards has been telling us how amazing it was, they loved the food, the venue, the beach wedding with the bridge in the background, it was honestly just amazing. The staff was just so accommodating and helpful and made us and our guests feel completely at home. I can't say enough good things about the venue, everything was just perfect. The Vanderbilt gave my wife and I the wedding of our dreams, a day that we will remember and cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Sal, Felix and the team at the Vanderbilt were amazing. They did everything in their power to make my day wonderful. My guests raved about the food and the service provided. I am so happy I choose them.

Sent on 05/25/2014

Justine · Married on 04/05/2014

The Vanderbilt is an amazing venue, with the most wonderful staff. Margaret our planner was wonderful and very helpful in all the little planning questions I had along the way. She is so pleasant and took care of everything we needed. Our day went off without a hitch. I cannot think of enough adjectives to adequately praise our Maitre'D, Felix. He was like Bugs Bunny playing a one man game of baseball. He was everywhere we needed him to be that day, and took care of everything our bridal party & parents needed. Always with a smile, and a genuinely warm personality. Kelly our bridal suite attendant deserves equal praise. She was my bridal right hand that day, and kept everyone happy and looked after. Everyone on the staff was amazing. The grounds are beautiful. We had a wonderful outdoor ceremony in the gazebo on the patio, and took some beautiful portraits on the boardwalk with the beach and bridge in the background. The cocktail hour was like none I had ever seen before. Family & friends are still talking about all the food months later. There was so much during cocktails that we didn't even see it all. But the guests were full and happy. Dinner was amazing, and the cake was delicious from Renato's bakery. This was truly a perfect day at the perfect venue.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Valerie · event on 09/20/2013

The Vanderbilt was great. They worked with our ideas. Our maitre d' Felix was outstanding. There was nothing that he didn't do to make our night enjoyable. We had a sit down dinner that was out of this world. Everything was cooked to perfection, service was great, very professional and always with a smile. Our event planners Brittney, Margaret and Sal were great. When I needed them they were always around for us.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2012

I just had my wedding at the Vanderbilt and it was everything I could have hoped for. Sal was awesome to work with, as well as his assitants Bridget and Brittany. Everyone was super communicative and friendly. The food was OUTSTANDING. Everyone is still complementing me! The venue itself is gorgeous, with awesome views. The service was white glove and beyond. Susan, my bridal attendant was fantastic. She made sure I had the most perfect day/night. My parents, family and every guest was well attended to and made to feel like they could get anything they wanted, and they did!

The staff is great, the venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing and the memories made here are priceless! Thank you Vanderbilt!

Sent on 08/06/2012