Two River Events, LLC Reviews

Two River Events, LLC 5
  • Teri

Teri Cheslak · Married on 08/24/2019

Professionalism at its finest

Husband : “ We don’t need a wedding planner. I have organized Navy Change of Commands for over 1000 people.”

Wise Attorney Son who had done his wedding recently :
    “ Yes, Dad. You are a great organizer and you already have a lot written down on charts.
    But, Dad - Wedding planners handle it all. You can’t walk your daughter down the aisle and be other places at the same time. And you want to relax and enjoy your day and your friends.”

Friend: Hire Keri Scruggs Of Two River Events. She’s the BEST!

Mom of Bride ( me) Four days before wedding: “But the photographer schedule doesn’t exactly match the schedules for hair, makeup, DJ..., And my daughter is nervous.., And will the napkins blow away if they are put out early??? “ Fret fret fret....,

Keri Scruggs- “ DON’T WORRY. I’VE GOT THIS!”

And she did! From coordinating all the vendors and developing a timeline, Keri Scruggs Of Two River Events handled everything with organizational aplomb and CALM!

She was familiar with our venue. She even checked tides and winds so our beach arbor and chairs were properly placed.

On our first meeting in a coffee shop, she smiled and said, “ What do you want from me?” I asked; she delivered!

And she had ideas!!! We had a fabulous moon and stars photo back drop; she had a perfect idea about where to put it. Ditto for the gift table, guest book, bar, cake table, sparkler sendoff. When one of our ideas was not the best, she said ok, but gently offered an alternative.

She was there for the rehearsal the night before. She worked seamlessly with the officiant and everyone was laughing and comfortable and knew how to stand and what to do!

The day of the wedding I felt like we were communicating on Secret Security watches, IPhone style!
    As I was in Makeup with the wedding party, she was sending me pictures of the table set up and asking me about a slight switch in the dance floor placement.
    “ No worries about the weather.” Kari texts. It’s beautiful up here. I am checking forecast. It’s going to be Plan A! “ And then, by phone, “ Are you ready to bring bride to this location? I am here with the groom and the photographer. We’re ready for the First Look!”

As we prepared to walk in, she got everybody in line, and gave the most calming pep talk. She even offered to use a steamer on the bride’s dress if we needed it. She sent the wedding party out right on cue.

She was there in the background throughout the wedding, like a well dressed guest. The only picture I could find of her was one of her making sure the couple had the special cake servers and Waterford flutes we gave them for the cake cutting and toasts. ( Then she ducked out of the way for the photographer! 😉) Only an observant person would notice she was the maestro, carefully orchestrating each event, working closely with the caterer and DJ. Softly whispering to me that I needed to get back downstairs and eat my dinner with my husband, signaling the start of each dance, cake cutting and special event.
    There she is- quietly removing numbers from tables after each table had been served, taking away signs and prompting end of evening activities.
    My normally shy daughter gave her a big hug at the end of the evening and thanked her for her great work.
    We didn’t worry about cleanup. She and the caterer packed everything up.

Kari Scruggs, our Day Of planner from Two River Events was our best spent money of the whole wedding. Worth every penny!

Hire her. As she would say, “ She’s got this!” Five ⭐️stars !

Sent on 09/06/2019

Kristen · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply amazing!

Two River Events helped to make our wedding day everything we wanted (and more!). Kari and Jessica were a dream to work with. From the initial planning, down to the day-of details, Kari and Jessica were on top of everything. I used Two River Events for day of coordination but we were in touch often about the planning process leading up to the wedding, including two walk throughs at the venue. My questions were answered along the way up until the big day. I felt extremely at ease on my wedding day and leading up to it, knowing we were in good hands. I would recommend Two River Events to anyone looking to make sure their day runs smoothly and is just as perfect as it should be. Thank you Kari and Jessica!

Two River Events, LLC 6
    Sent on 07/10/2019

Diane · Married on 06/15/2019

Kari Was Our MVP!!!

I don’t think I could possibly recommend Kari highly enough. Our wedding would NEVER have run so smoothly without her, and she helped us in ways that we never would have even guessed we needed. From making emergency Starbucks runs, to sneaking me fruit from cocktail hour to get my blood sugar up, to corralling our crazy wedding party into executing a successful rehearsal, Kari is the definition of “pro.” Plus, you can tell how much she loves her job-- she was always positive and always responsive. I kid you not, hiring Kari was probably the BEST decision we made during our wedding planning process.

Two River Events, LLC 7
    Sent on 09/07/2019

Katie · Married on 06/01/2019

Top Notch!

Leading up to our wedding, Kari was very helpful and professional. Her efforts were vital in making our day a beautiful success! On our day, everything ran so smoothly, likely because she kept us, the bride and groom, on track and helped all of our different vendors with what they needed. Kari went the extra mile more than once with last minute things needed on our day. At the end of the night she also helped by consolidating some of our decor to one table that was a nice touch for people to see on their way out. 10 out of 10 would work with her all over again!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Russell · Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful experience!

Kari was an outstanding wedding planner for my daughter’s wedding in February! I cannot say enough good about her professionalism, knowledge of the venue and vendors and her willingness to listen and provide help with any questions or concerns we had. We had an absolutely beautiful and wedding and reception and Kari was an integral part of making that happen!! Would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Williamsburg area!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/15/2018

Incredibly Personable and Caring

My husband and I worked with Kari over the past year to put together our December wedding. Our absolutely favorite thing abut Kari is how personable and caring she is. We never once felt like our day was just "work" for her or one of the many weddings she is involved with. She made us feel like our day was her priority. Kari is a calm, cool presence on the day of your wedding, helping everyone to feel relaxed. We also really appreciated her artistic eye, as we relied heavily on her for setup of our reception space. She worked with our florists to make everything look absolutely magical! We also really depended on her for her expertise, like how many drinks to estimate for our guests, which appetizers to choose, and what our day-of schedule should look like. She went above and beyond for us, even volunteering to drive my bridesmaids and I over to our ceremony venue in her suburban and storing our wedding day pies at her house overnight. We can't thank her enough for making our experience feel so special, and helping us feel cared for!

Two River Events, LLC 8
    Two River Events, LLC 9
    Two River Events, LLC 10
    Two River Events, LLC 11
    Two River Events, LLC 12
    Sent on 01/06/2019

Amber · Married on 11/11/2018

Wedding 5/25/2019

A wedding is always stressful and without Kari I don’t know how we could have enjoyed our day. She answered all the questions we had and ensured everything went flawlessly. There was not a single thing I had to worry about on the day of, she took care of it all. If you want to be able to enjoy your event hire Kari. She will make sure it’s a day you’ll never forget for all the right reasons instead of the things that shouldn’t stick in your mind.

Two River Events, LLC 13
    Two River Events, LLC 25
    Two River Events, LLC 26
    Sent on 06/08/2019

Michelle Laurence · Married on 10/07/2018

Couldn't have done it without Kari!

Kari was absolutely amazing!! I honestly don't know how we could have put this wedding together without her. She handled everything from the beginning and worked with us to make last minute adjustments. We brought some decor to the venue, and Kari put everything together perfectly. We didn't have to worry about a thing that day, other than saying our I Dos. Best of all: she hid some of the cocktail hour food away for us to enjoy after our photo session was done :) We 100% recommend Kari.

Two River Events, LLC 27
    Two River Events, LLC 28
    Sent on 03/02/2019

Stacy · Married on 09/08/2018

Kari was hands down one of the best vendor decisions we made in the planning of our wedding. My fiancee asked me after the wedding if there was anything that went wrong or not how we wanted it, and thanks to Kari, I couldn't come up with anything! She made our vision a reality and all the small details come together. She was on top of everything, everything was where it needed to be and when it needed to be there, and we got all the items we needed back and so organized!

We told her we'd be lost without her and that was definitely true! Her advice and recommendations throughout the entire planning process was so helpful, you could tell she knew her stuff and had been through every situation possible, so knew what was best for the venue, for your wedding and with your vendors. It was all so wonderful and being a meeting planner myself, it's hard for me to let go, but she made it very easy, and it was great for me to not have to worry about anything because she was always on it, with a very calm and cool demeanor. She was very patient with my, and my mothers questions too. Every last detail was taken care of and accounted for! She was wonderful and a true partner in the wedding planning process, I wouldn't get married without her!

Sent on 09/10/2018

TCJL · Married on 07/28/2018

Using Two Rivers was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding

Kari was absolutely critical in helping us pull our wedding off. Her experience meant that she could give us excellent recommendations for things we had no idea how to handle. It also meant that she had previously worked with most of our other vendors, so she had a great rapport with them and could easily coordinate among them all. She did everything with a balance of professionalism and fun that made her wonderful to work with, too. Our wedding ended up being a blast: family who weren't even at our wedding said they heard how much fun it was. We are very grateful!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Heloisa · Married on 05/27/2018

Kari was very professional and made sure everything was set for our big day! She helped us before the event and of course, on the day of she was there early making sure I wouldn't worry about anything. She set the ceremony and the reception space in such a beautiful way, and was very flexible and up for every little change we had to do during the day. Also she helped us in the end of the night organizing all our stuff and helping us to bring it back home! Highly recommend!! Thanks Kari!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

Kari is an incredible wedding planner! I have had the pleasure of being friends with her for almost all of my life. I have watched her work incredibly hard at growing her business and providing exceptional services to all of her brides and grooms. My decision was not hard when asking her to be our wedding planner this May. Of course we wanted her their as our guest, but we also wanted the best person to help us plan our special day. Not only did she fly in and out of South Carolina in 48 hours to be there with us and help our wedding day go off without a hitch, our wedding was the day after her birthday! She is highly dedicated, organized, works incredibly well with other vendors, and truly made our day so seamlessly easy! I did not have to worry about one thing the day of my wedding, Kari took care of everything. We truly could not have done it without her, nor would we have wanted to. We can’t thank you enough, Kari!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2018

Kari made the day run perfectly! She is super friendly and professional, and makes sure that every single detail is covered. The day was absolutely wonderful!! One of our round tables was missing from the caterers, and she had connections in the area to get the whole table - along with all the specific linens, plates, silverware, etc. replaced before the reception. If you're going to do a lot of DIY, or just taking a lot of stuff home at the end of the night, she is an EXPERT packer. All of our gifts and decorations made it home safely. Everything just ran so smoothly and she made sure we had our fairytale wedding (and that we had plenty of time to eat!!) Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Shima · Married on 05/19/2018

I’m very happy that we got to work with Kari. She is very professional and she kept things running smoothly. Kari has a solution for anything unexpected that pops up. Our wedding day was stress free just because of her and we enjoyed every second of it.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/03/2017

Absolutely thrilled with Kari and everything she did to help me plan my husband and I’s special day!!! It was absolutely the best day and she went above and beyond to keep us on track and give me everything I wanted!!! Highly recommend working with her, she is a PRO!

Two River Events, LLC 29
    Two River Events, LLC 30
    Two River Events, LLC 31
    Two River Events, LLC 32
    Two River Events, LLC 33
    Sent on 01/22/2018

Joanne · Married on 10/15/2017

Kari Scruggs was great, I highly recommend Two River Events. As the day of coordinator I didn't need to worry about anything, everything that I wanted was carried out perfectly, my daughters wedding was a spectacular event, a real fairy tale wedding!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jesse · Married on 09/08/2017

Kari from Two River Events is the coordinator for you if you want someone who will hit the ground running, make quick judgment calls and roll with the punches - and an eye for making sure everything looks great, too! She has a fun, positive attitude, and as things were underway for our wedding, we had no worries knowing that she was taking care of everything - and we could focus on the day and enjoying it with our loved ones! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • The Doctor

Robin · Married on 04/30/2017

Kari came highly recommended to me by my florist and boy am I happy that she was! I was slightly worried knowing that I had a wedding based out of Loudoun County, Virginia and Kari is based in Williamsburg, but she was always able to attend vendor meetings and the rehearsal on time and enthusiastically. In fact, her enthusiasm and laid back nature seriously helped relieve my stress about the planning and helped me finally start to enjoy the process! I'm a very visual person, and Kari was able to help me hone my aesthetic so that it really felt like my vision, but when I threw a bunch of random things at her on the day and said "uh, I had this in mind but I don't know how to do it" she pulled it all together better than I ever could have. Leading up to the event, she took the time to answer every silly question I had (and believe me, I had plenty), define a timeline, abate any and all stress, and I seriously do not know what I would have done without her on the day itself! She really made a point of working with me to address my personal pressure points for my specific event, and I never felt like I was just getting stock treatment. My only regret is that I didn't start working with her earlier in the planning process. HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Sent on 05/08/2017
  • F

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Kari for her day of event coordinating services and she was absolutely amazing!! She met with us in person twice prior to the wedding to discuss details and give us feedback on the ideas that we had. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly, I didn't worry about anything because she was handling everything!!! She helped ensure that our wedding day was so much better than I could have ever expected and I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Meredith · Married on 10/21/2016

For our vow renewal we knew we wanted a wedding planner because we didn't have one ten years ago when we got married. I wish I had known Kari back then. Her hard work, attention to detail, and overall creative service is one of a kind. If you want your wedding day to go smoothly hire her immediately!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

Kari was awesome throughout our whole wedding planning process. Even though she was only supposed to be there for the rehearsal and day of the wedding, any questions I had leading up to the wedding she was always there to help and give her opinion. The day of the wedding was so stress free for me and my family, no one had to worry about a thing. At the end of the night when my parents were trying to find everything, they were pleasantly surprised that Kari had already done EVERYTHING! Highly recommended

Sent on 10/04/2016

Chaning · Married on 10/01/2016

Working with the Two River Events team was wonderful! I felt comfortable that everything was going to be perfect for my big day and knew that the team would make sure everything ran smoothly. I could not have made a better choice! They set up my space perfectly and made small changes to my plan that made the space even more beautiful! I was able to coordinate my wedding in North Carolina with Kari in Virginia and have everything flow perfectly! Any bride would be lucky to work with Kari and her team!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2016

Kari is amazing! I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding process but she helped me prioritize and made sure everything ran smoothly. The best man's tux had a hole in the pocket so my wedding band went missing right before the ceremony and she kept everyone calm and let us borrow hers.
    She made sure all the vendors were on the lookout for the ring and we found it! Can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 10/02/2016

We worked directly with Kari for our day-of coordination. She went absolutely above and beyond and we could not have asked for a better person to share our day with! I even had one of my guests say, "I have been to several weddings and none of them have been as spot on with time and coordination as yours." I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/10/2016

Kari is incredibly approachable and willing to answer all questions, even if they are silly ones. Kari is excellent at her job and has no problem putting people in their place to make sure the bride and groom are happy on their special day. She is also flexible with payment. Kari was willing to work with us on a payment plan up until our wedding day.

Sent on 10/02/2016