Two River Events, LLC Reviews

Two River Events, LLC 7
  • Lauren

Lauren Russell · Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful experience!

Kari was an outstanding wedding planner for my daughter’s wedding in February! I cannot say enough good about her professionalism, knowledge of the venue and vendors and her willingness to listen and provide help with any questions or concerns we had. We had an absolutely beautiful and wedding and reception and Kari was an integral part of making that happen!! Would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Williamsburg area!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/15/2018

Incredibly Personable and Caring

My husband and I worked with Kari over the past year to put together our December wedding. Our absolutely favorite thing abut Kari is how personable and caring she is. We never once felt like our day was just "work" for her or one of the many weddings she is involved with. She made us feel like our day was her priority. Kari is a calm, cool presence on the day of your wedding, helping everyone to feel relaxed. We also really appreciated her artistic eye, as we relied heavily on her for setup of our reception space. She worked with our florists to make everything look absolutely magical! We also really depended on her for her expertise, like how many drinks to estimate for our guests, which appetizers to choose, and what our day-of schedule should look like. She went above and beyond for us, even volunteering to drive my bridesmaids and I over to our ceremony venue in her suburban and storing our wedding day pies at her house overnight. We can't thank her enough for making our experience feel so special, and helping us feel cared for!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Two River Events, LLC 8
    Two River Events, LLC 9
    Two River Events, LLC 10
    Two River Events, LLC 11
    Two River Events, LLC 12

Michelle Laurence · Married on 10/07/2018

Couldn't have done it without Kari!

Kari was absolutely amazing!! I honestly don't know how we could have put this wedding together without her. She handled everything from the beginning and worked with us to make last minute adjustments. We brought some decor to the venue, and Kari put everything together perfectly. We didn't have to worry about a thing that day, other than saying our I Dos. Best of all: she hid some of the cocktail hour food away for us to enjoy after our photo session was done :) We 100% recommend Kari.

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Two River Events, LLC 13
    Two River Events, LLC 14

Stacy · Married on 09/08/2018

Kari was hands down one of the best vendor decisions we made in the planning of our wedding. My fiancee asked me after the wedding if there was anything that went wrong or not how we wanted it, and thanks to Kari, I couldn't come up with anything! She made our vision a reality and all the small details come together. She was on top of everything, everything was where it needed to be and when it needed to be there, and we got all the items we needed back and so organized!

We told her we'd be lost without her and that was definitely true! Her advice and recommendations throughout the entire planning process was so helpful, you could tell she knew her stuff and had been through every situation possible, so knew what was best for the venue, for your wedding and with your vendors. It was all so wonderful and being a meeting planner myself, it's hard for me to let go, but she made it very easy, and it was great for me to not have to worry about anything because she was always on it, with a very calm and cool demeanor. She was very patient with my, and my mothers questions too. Every last detail was taken care of and accounted for! She was wonderful and a true partner in the wedding planning process, I wouldn't get married without her!

Sent on 09/10/2018

TCJL · Married on 07/28/2018

Using Two Rivers was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding

Kari was absolutely critical in helping us pull our wedding off. Her experience meant that she could give us excellent recommendations for things we had no idea how to handle. It also meant that she had previously worked with most of our other vendors, so she had a great rapport with them and could easily coordinate among them all. She did everything with a balance of professionalism and fun that made her wonderful to work with, too. Our wedding ended up being a blast: family who weren't even at our wedding said they heard how much fun it was. We are very grateful!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Heloisa · Married on 05/27/2018

Kari was very professional and made sure everything was set for our big day! She helped us before the event and of course, on the day of she was there early making sure I wouldn't worry about anything. She set the ceremony and the reception space in such a beautiful way, and was very flexible and up for every little change we had to do during the day. Also she helped us in the end of the night organizing all our stuff and helping us to bring it back home! Highly recommend!! Thanks Kari!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

Kari is an incredible wedding planner! I have had the pleasure of being friends with her for almost all of my life. I have watched her work incredibly hard at growing her business and providing exceptional services to all of her brides and grooms. My decision was not hard when asking her to be our wedding planner this May. Of course we wanted her their as our guest, but we also wanted the best person to help us plan our special day. Not only did she fly in and out of South Carolina in 48 hours to be there with us and help our wedding day go off without a hitch, our wedding was the day after her birthday! She is highly dedicated, organized, works incredibly well with other vendors, and truly made our day so seamlessly easy! I did not have to worry about one thing the day of my wedding, Kari took care of everything. We truly could not have done it without her, nor would we have wanted to. We can’t thank you enough, Kari!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2018

Kari made the day run perfectly! She is super friendly and professional, and makes sure that every single detail is covered. The day was absolutely wonderful!! One of our round tables was missing from the caterers, and she had connections in the area to get the whole table - along with all the specific linens, plates, silverware, etc. replaced before the reception. If you're going to do a lot of DIY, or just taking a lot of stuff home at the end of the night, she is an EXPERT packer. All of our gifts and decorations made it home safely. Everything just ran so smoothly and she made sure we had our fairytale wedding (and that we had plenty of time to eat!!) Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Shima · Married on 05/19/2018

I’m very happy that we got to work with Kari. She is very professional and she kept things running smoothly. Kari has a solution for anything unexpected that pops up. Our wedding day was stress free just because of her and we enjoyed every second of it.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/03/2017

Absolutely thrilled with Kari and everything she did to help me plan my husband and I’s special day!!! It was absolutely the best day and she went above and beyond to keep us on track and give me everything I wanted!!! Highly recommend working with her, she is a PRO!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Two River Events, LLC 15
    Two River Events, LLC 16
    Two River Events, LLC 17
    Two River Events, LLC 18
    Two River Events, LLC 19

Joanne · Married on 10/15/2017

Kari Scruggs was great, I highly recommend Two River Events. As the day of coordinator I didn't need to worry about anything, everything that I wanted was carried out perfectly, my daughters wedding was a spectacular event, a real fairy tale wedding!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jesse · Married on 09/08/2017

Kari from Two River Events is the coordinator for you if you want someone who will hit the ground running, make quick judgment calls and roll with the punches - and an eye for making sure everything looks great, too! She has a fun, positive attitude, and as things were underway for our wedding, we had no worries knowing that she was taking care of everything - and we could focus on the day and enjoying it with our loved ones! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • The Doctor

Robin · Married on 04/30/2017

Kari came highly recommended to me by my florist and boy am I happy that she was! I was slightly worried knowing that I had a wedding based out of Loudoun County, Virginia and Kari is based in Williamsburg, but she was always able to attend vendor meetings and the rehearsal on time and enthusiastically. In fact, her enthusiasm and laid back nature seriously helped relieve my stress about the planning and helped me finally start to enjoy the process! I'm a very visual person, and Kari was able to help me hone my aesthetic so that it really felt like my vision, but when I threw a bunch of random things at her on the day and said "uh, I had this in mind but I don't know how to do it" she pulled it all together better than I ever could have. Leading up to the event, she took the time to answer every silly question I had (and believe me, I had plenty), define a timeline, abate any and all stress, and I seriously do not know what I would have done without her on the day itself! She really made a point of working with me to address my personal pressure points for my specific event, and I never felt like I was just getting stock treatment. My only regret is that I didn't start working with her earlier in the planning process. HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Sent on 05/08/2017
  • F

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Kari for her day of event coordinating services and she was absolutely amazing!! She met with us in person twice prior to the wedding to discuss details and give us feedback on the ideas that we had. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly, I didn't worry about anything because she was handling everything!!! She helped ensure that our wedding day was so much better than I could have ever expected and I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Meredith · Married on 10/21/2016

For our vow renewal we knew we wanted a wedding planner because we didn't have one ten years ago when we got married. I wish I had known Kari back then. Her hard work, attention to detail, and overall creative service is one of a kind. If you want your wedding day to go smoothly hire her immediately!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

Kari was awesome throughout our whole wedding planning process. Even though she was only supposed to be there for the rehearsal and day of the wedding, any questions I had leading up to the wedding she was always there to help and give her opinion. The day of the wedding was so stress free for me and my family, no one had to worry about a thing. At the end of the night when my parents were trying to find everything, they were pleasantly surprised that Kari had already done EVERYTHING! Highly recommended

Sent on 10/04/2016

Chaning · Married on 10/01/2016

Working with the Two River Events team was wonderful! I felt comfortable that everything was going to be perfect for my big day and knew that the team would make sure everything ran smoothly. I could not have made a better choice! They set up my space perfectly and made small changes to my plan that made the space even more beautiful! I was able to coordinate my wedding in North Carolina with Kari in Virginia and have everything flow perfectly! Any bride would be lucky to work with Kari and her team!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2016

Kari is amazing! I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding process but she helped me prioritize and made sure everything ran smoothly. The best man's tux had a hole in the pocket so my wedding band went missing right before the ceremony and she kept everyone calm and let us borrow hers.
    She made sure all the vendors were on the lookout for the ring and we found it! Can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 10/02/2016

We worked directly with Kari for our day-of coordination. She went absolutely above and beyond and we could not have asked for a better person to share our day with! I even had one of my guests say, "I have been to several weddings and none of them have been as spot on with time and coordination as yours." I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/10/2016

Kari is incredibly approachable and willing to answer all questions, even if they are silly ones. Kari is excellent at her job and has no problem putting people in their place to make sure the bride and groom are happy on their special day. She is also flexible with payment. Kari was willing to work with us on a payment plan up until our wedding day.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Kari was amazing! We had an out of the area wedding and she was more than willing to meet us to scope out our venue! She offered amazing suggestions about the reception area and kept everything moving the day of the wedding. New brides, take my advice, get a wedding coordinator! The day of the wedding is crazy and things go wrong- have someone there that already has a solution in mind! Kari was fantastic!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Joseph and Jul · Married on 04/16/2016

Kari was an absolute BLESSING to have on board from start to finish for all things wedding-planning related! From day 1, Kari made us feel like we knew what we were doing, even when we thought we had no clue. She calmed our nerves, provided incredible insight, and never hesitated to answer our many questions. Kari was extremely responsive via email/phone and was always available during our planned times to chat...for however long it took. She has a vast amount of valuable experience and handles a LOT on her plate, more efficiently than I can handle just a couple of tasks. Honestly, I don't know how she does it! She really is wonder woman if you ask us. We were blown away once we had our month-out meeting with our caterer + venue. She took the reins and coordinated the entire process so smoothly. Going into it, we were a bit nervous that we weren't as prepared as necessary or that we would have lingering questions at the end - Kari made sure that wasn't possible. We left feeling 1000% comfortable that our day was going to be handled with ease. When it came time for wedding weekend, Kari rose the bar even HIGHER, which we didn't think was possible - she was on point from the rehearsal all the way until the last guest left our reception. She spent hours the day before the wedding hashing out the décor plan and the MANY small details that were really important to us. Being a perfectionist, I very rarely feel comfortable delegating details to others - but with Kari I had absolutely no reservations going into our wedding day. She has a special way of making the bride and groom (+ their families) feel at ease even during times of chaos. Any task, challenge, or conflict she is presented with...she gets it done - and gets it done WELL! We had numerous guests/family members approach us to offer praise for all that she did. Thanks to Kari, our wedding weekend far exceeded our expectations/vision and we were able to sit back and ENJOY every minute! We are truly truly thankful!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Marlena · Married on 02/06/2016

Kari definitely made our wedding a complete success! She goes above and beyond with ensuring every detail of your big day is exactly how you envisioned it! Thanks to Kari stress was no issue for this bride on the big day!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Kristin · Married on 11/21/2015

Kari was our wedding planner for our 11/21/15 wedding @ the Williamsburg Winery. She was absolutely AMAZING! Kari and I met several months before the wedding and she was so helpful in the planning process. She offered several recommendations for vendors and loads of other tips to help make our day go smoothly. Kari was great about keeping in touch throughout the process to make sure everything was going okay and that we were on schedule.The day finally arrived and like most weddings, we hit a few snags. Kari handled everything and the day went off without a hitch! Our friends and family could not stop raving about how perfect our wedding was and how everything was so well organized and smooth. We definitely have Kari to thank for that :) I would highly recommend Kari for any wedding planning needs. Thank you Kari for making our day so wonderful :)

Sent on 12/01/2015

RACHEL · Married on 10/17/2015

Kari and Two River Events will make all your plans (and dreams!) a reality. Imagine your worst case scenario... Now, consider it *handled*. Even better, you won't even know it happened. If you're wondering if this is an area of your wedding budget to cut corners in, you're wrong! Kari - thank you for making our wedding day such a fairytale.

Sent on 11/22/2015