32 Reviews for Troyal Events

Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
29 Troyal Events Reviews

We really loved working with Troy. At our first meeting, when we were in the early stages of planning, Troy really impressed us. He had done research on our venue. Troy had found pictures of our space and offered design ideas and helped us get a vision. Throughout the entire process, Troy was incredibly organized. It was especially helpful when we walked through our schedule with him. He was professional in offering recommendations to improve upon our plans - and his knowledge of the little details made our day go smoothly. As google drive fans, we loved having tasks clearly outlined for us to communicate vendor information to Troy.
It was such a gift to hand things off to him at our rehearsal and let him guide our guests and vendors through the weekend's events! Many people told us that our wedding day was going to be stressful but we strongly disagree. We credit Troy for this. We were able to truly enjoy our special day with people we loved because we knew he was working his butt off in the background.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Troy was amazing from start to finish. We had the "day of" wedding package, which really is the month of which is AMAZING. As with most weddings, various things went wrong the week leading up to the wedding (make up person cancelled, rentals dropped off in the wrong location, etc.) and he took it like a champ. Honestly, nothing seemed to phase him which made us feel calm. Everything, of course, went off PERFECTLY and it was ALL because of Troy. When the ladies were late Troy passed around water bottles to the guests, and almost EVERYONE commented how nice that was. Everyone loved him. His prices are VERY competitive AND you get so much more for the money. Our only regret was not hiring him from start to finish, really. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we owe it all (really) to him.

Profile Picture Nina, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We found Troy through a friend and we really appreciated all of his help! He did a great job understanding the vibe that we were going for (a fun outdoors summer camp wedding) and providing helpful suggestions on how to make things run smoothly and keep our guests happy without turning our wedding into a "cookie-cutter event." He helped us find the right vendors and set up the event in a way that made sense. Most importantly, I was looking for a wedding planner/coordinator who was going to keep me in the loop, but not just forward me a bunch of e-mails unnecessarily. Troy struck that balance perfectly. He kept us informed and was more than willing to schedule phone calls with us, but he also just took care of things for us and didn't bog us down with asking us to make decisions we didn't need to make. On the day of the wedding, he kept our friends and family organized and on task! We had a fantastic wedding and it was a lot less stressful because Troy was involved!

Profile Picture JoJo, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

Working with Troyal Events was a phenomenal experience for our wedding day! Troy was very responsive, intelligent, and thoughtful from the very beginning...so my husband and I knew we could trust him with our wedding planning from start to finish. We had our wedding at 101 Constitution rooftop and he executed everything perfectly, including designing the space for us (we had no clue where to begin), handling all of the rentals, entertainment, officiant, hair/makeup, etc. We both work long hours so having Troy handle the full planning was such a relief, and it was the best day we've ever experienced :-) Easily 5 stars all around!

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Troy was extremely professional and very easy to work with. He answered questions in a timely manner and gave us the confidence we needed before, during and after the event. Our guests commented how well the event ran and I thought it ran perfectly which means Troy more than did his job. He exceeded our expectations and we could not have had such an amazing day without him. He is quick, but thorough and has the confidence and experience to prove he is the best of the best when it comes to making it the best day ever! Thank you Troy!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Brian and I met Troy at a Wedding Expo in the DC area. The expo itself was very overwhelming with all that was being thrown at us, until we got to the Troyal Events booth. Troy instantly greeted us with a warm smile. Troy had a way about him, he was very approachable with his professional suite and quirky socks. By the time we left we knew we were going to hire him. We connected so well that we instantly wanted to hang out with him. Brian and I knew we could plan a wedding ourselves but needed someone to take away the stress involved. Troy was our answer. He did an excellent job, he was very professional, dependable and helpful, and really knows what he is doing. Troy was always very pleasant and cheerful
The day of the event everything fell into place and everyone had an amazing time. Our wedding was beautiful. Everything was wonderful, from beginning to end. I wish I could do it all again! Brian and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Troy. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Every time he entered the room, we knew we were in good hands. We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on how lovely, professional, and creative the decorations were and how smoothly the night was. Most importantly made us feel like he was part of the family, and made sure we were taken care of. We will definitely recommend Troyal Events to our friends! Troy is very resourceful, without him our day would have been hectic.

Profile Picture Marici, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Troy helped us transform our rough ideas into the wedding of our dreams. He brought together an event that truly reflected both of us and was full of class and style. Many of our friends and loved ones commented on how personal our wedding felt and how they could really see both of us in all the small details. Throughout the process, Troy was always professional and he kept the experience fun and stress free. He has a wealth of knowledge on the process of making events like this truly special and he is extremely well connected. Nearly all of the vendors we used were recommended to us by Troy and all of them were fantastic. If you want a wedding that captures the uniqueness of you and your partner's personality and shines in its own light as a beautiful, fun, and special event, Troyal events is an excellent choice!

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/17/16, 1 Review

Profile Picture Samantha , 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning

My husband and I are so grateful to work with Troyal Events! Troy planned everything for us from the beginning, and Im glad we "handed him the keys" to our wedding. He listened to all of our needs and helped us pick out the perfect venue and vendors. We also let Troy handle the design for our wedding and his vision is very unique! I remember a couple times during the planning he would say things like, "Well what do YOU want" or "Your wedding should be a reflection of you." Even though we had a relatively larger budget, this made us feel comfortable knowing that he wanted to execute OUR vision, and not just push us in a certain direction. He is very upfront about everything and it was clear he wanted what was best for us. Our wedding day was so beautiful, and I will certainly recommend him to others!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Troy pulled off a one-of-a-king wedding! Guests couldn't stop raving about how perfect everything was. Many commented they realized what their dream wedding would look like now! If you want a custom wedding where the planner isn't afraid to think out of the box with fun and unique ideas then we highly recommend Troyal Events!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/18/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Troy didn't really plan a wedding for us - he planned a Medieval Ball. The number of details and ... um... unique vendors he needed to deal with to pull this event off would make most people's heads spin but Troy did it was ease, style, and grace. We had a small handful of conversations - I just told him my vision and like a magician he turned it into a reality. There was nothing normal or standard about our event. Every second was customized, spectacular and outstanding. Troy has great taste. He's smart and easy to work with. And most importantly he is a man of action. I barely spent 3 hours thinking about this event - in total. He just took care of everything and made it possible for us to have our dreams come true. (Mostly my dream was not lifting a finger and enjoying every minute of the event itself - which I did.) My one Bridezilla moment lasted very briefly - Troy just waved his magic wand and poof everything was perfect again. I could not recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture Angela, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Bliss for Day off coordination for my DC wedding this spring and it was worth every single penny. Troyal Events is extremely organized, professional and extremely attentive to the needs of her customers. Troyal Events made me feel at ease during the whole planning process and most importantly on the day of the wedding. They both have an incredible attention to detail and the wedding would have not been such a success without them. Highly recommend hiring Bliss for your wedding.

Profile Picture Celina , 1/31/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The BEST wedding planner in DC! Troy blew away the expectations of my wife (Stacy) and I. We had our wedding at the St Regis in DC and his attention to detail, charismatic personality, and super creative mind were a joy to work with. You can tell this guy really enjoys the clients/couples he works with, and his ability to remain composed and execute our entire wedding almost effortlessly was pretty remarkable. During our wedding, my wife and I had zero stress, the design and setup was outstanding, and everything was timely. If you're getting married, it's a no-brainer to hire Troyal!

Profile Picture John, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Troy did an amazing job on my wedding! He was very attentive to details which allowed me a little extra freedom to enjoy my wedding more. Everyone is still complimenting us on how beautiful everything was and trying to guess how much we spent on the wedding (their guesses are 20k more than what we paid thanks to Troy making everything look that expensive on a small budget!)!! I couldn't have asked for a better planner! He also dealt with all of my other vendors which helped me not to deal with the stress. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Troyal Events has been so helpful in my planning process thus far. Troyal Events advice has lead me to a great dress shop and photographer that i would have never found without her advice and knowlege of the industry! Troyal Events is very knowledgable about different venues in the area and average prices. Troyal Events very responsive and quick to email back and is willing to help out however she can! She truely is a gem! I would recommend her services to any of my area friends looking for a planner!

Profile Picture Darius , 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I could write pages about how great Troy was but I will cover the basic highlights. CREATIVITY- He has an eye for design, and his ideas far exceeded what my husband and I could even envision. PERSONABLE- He was not only professional, but really cared about our needs and what we wanted to include in our wedding. Even our family members and guests were raving about him afterward. SMART- Troy really knows the ins and outs of weddings, what works/what doesn't, and what to expect as far as hiring the other vendors. He really laid out what we should expect during the entire process. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner!

Profile Picture Tracy, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Troy was the everything we could have hoped for in a wedding planner! We got everything we wanted and some we didn't know that we wanted!

Profile Picture Owen, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Troy was our planning for our wedding in October, and I think it's safe to say that he MADE my wedding. We had already gotten well into planning by the time we hired Troy - vendors were selected, contracts signed, so we focused on the month of the wedding. Troy prompted us about when certain things needed to be done, talked us through the entire day, asked thoughtful questions, made suggestions based on his vast experience planning the type of event we're planning this once. I think the most important value he added to the wedding, though, was in making the experience exactly what I had hoped for. My husband and I can both be a bit Type A, and feel like we need to take charge of logistics. I didn't want to be doing that on my wedding day. I wanted everything to just flow - and it did. Perfectly. Not once did I think to myself "when is X going to happen?" We were both completely in the moment, and Troy made that possible for us. He was on top of every vendor, our wedding parties, families, etc. He executed the vision for decor perfectly, and I really can't recommend him highly enough. You will love working with this guy. He will turn your wedding out like a freaking boss, and you'll be trying to get together with him after your wedding to hang out with your new friend. Thank you, Troy!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

such a great time working with Troy on my wedding! He really listened to all my needs and made it such an enjoyable process even when I personally started feeling the stress. I highly recommend his services to ANY couple, hes a top-notch creative guy who really cares about his work :-)

Profile Picture Martha, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I have nothing but great things to say about Troy...We decided on his month-of service, but I wish I had him there with me the entire time! He was always there to give an honest opinion when I needed some expert advice, and i can't begin to explain how refreshing that was. He was dedicated to making sure we had the best possible wedding day and he certainly didn't disappoint!

As funny as it may sound, my husband was really excited that we had a fellow male taking care of our wedding. Troy was able to connect with BOTH of us, and it was a really awesome experience. His attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and great service are second to none. 5 STARS!

Profile Picture Leslie, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I have only good things to say about planning my wedding with Troyal Events! Troy helped us with every step of the process from venue to caterer, DJ, photographer, decor and after party! He guided me through all the details and gave creative suggestions while respecting my preferences. Troy really went above and beyond, finding the best options to stick to our budget and using his contacts as an event planner to find good value, quality vendors. He was available any time to answer my questions and always responded promptly. Val drew on her wedding planning experience to make sure we had every aspect of the day covered. She was a huge help finding a flower vendor. They helped design and set up the decor for the wedding, which turned out beautifully. On the day of the wedding they were attentive, helpful, friendly to the guests and very hard working- my husband and I breezed through the wedding carefree! They were both always positive and a pleasure to work with. Thank you!

Profile Picture Carrie, 7/12/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

- Very flexible in adapting to our needs including adjusting the wedding date and venue.
- Fantastic ideas in creating innovative decor and novelty type activities that reflected our personalities perfectly.
- Outstanding overall service particularly in recommending other top vendors for food, photography, videography, wedding invitations and stationary, custom tailoring, etc - we were very happy with all of the vendors (except maybe the music coordinator).
- Very professional and handled any and all issues and really took the time to get to know us and how best to translate that into our wedding day.
- Overall an amazing experience, our only constructive feedback is to provide greater communication during the planning process.

Profile Picture Robert, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We hired Troy about eight months before our event, when it became clear our wedding was becoming larger than we were capable of handling. He helped us design the entire day, and the result was more beautiful that we could have ever imagined. We definitely felt he took the time to create a personal, individualized reception for us, as opposed to just pulling from a usual "bag of tricks."

Troy was also invaluable by running our ceremony and rehearsal. He made sure we were calm, prepared, and stayed on schedule. We knew we didn't have to worry about any details besides sharing the day with our friends and family. The peace of mind was tremendous, and we couldn't have done it without him.

Troy's professionalism and passion for his work is unparalleled, and I highly recommend you consider him to be a part of your next event.

Profile Picture Michael, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Couldn't have planned my amazing wedding without Troys help. Very organized individual. I had no worry the day of the wedding having him as our planner/day of coordinator. Totally worth the cost. 100% recommend Troyal Events -Troy.

Profile Picture User6116170, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews