30 Reviews for Top of the Market

House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Chairs (1)
30 Top of the Market Reviews

I couldn't ask for a better place for our wedding! Emily was quick to answer any of our questions or concerns. They went above and beyond what was expected. We decided to purchase our own table linens and runners and they asked us to bring them earlier in the week so they could set up for us. Added one less thing for us to worry about the day before the wedding! During the wedding the bartender was top notch. My drink was never empty. If they saw we were almost empty the bartender and Emily were quick to just bring us another glass. All of our guests are still talking about how awesome the food and service was. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Cassie, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor

Words are hard to find to give TOM the compliments they deserve. As Mother of the Bride and an Event/Wedding Designer myself, I know what matters in the details. Emily and the entire staff were on the mark at all times. From every speedy email response to accommodating our buffet menu requests, and it did not stop there. Yes, Mark, the head Chef, made many of my family's yummy handed down recipes for our menu, they were spot on. Christmas dinner was served on a beautiful buffet style with such pleasant staff to help serve. Our guests could not stop eating and giving compliments of how incredible the food was. The Bartenders were amazing and so friendly, our guests were blown away by their skills at service and mixing some great drinks. Emily's gift of being so kind, loving and accommodating was more than I could ever have imagined. I kinda felt like we became the BFF's throughout this entire planning process. My entire vision for my daughter's wedding was cast perfectly. A year of planning and making centerpieces, purchasing hundreds of candles (probably 500+ Christmas greens, many, many, many Christmas trees and of course, jingle bells, was a challenge. When Emily told us we could deliver to the venue days ahead of our reception, that was a huge blessing. Using many family and friends trailers, we were able to store ALL l items and have it curtained off from other events that week. What an incredible peace of mind that brought to me, my husband and my design crew, when they all arrived Saturday morning for set up, the venue was set and ready for our big event to be decorated. The staff of TOM was so accommodating to all the design crew. On a final but very important note, I met the owner of TOM and told him how incredible our experience has been. His kind response about his team was amazing. He shared with me their philosophy of customer service ",never say NO, there is always a way", and they live by those words. AMAZING!

Photo for Top of the Market Review - Reception tables in harvest style set up added a great look
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Christmas took over! The Way to Wed Llc designs!
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Christmas greenery and bulbs for days added sparkle
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Bouquets by Sherwood wreaths by The Way To Wed, Llc
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Stunning Bridal makeup by Rachel Pate w/ The Way to Wed, Llc
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Table scapes sparkled with Christmas. The Way to Wed, Llc.
Decor by The Way to Wed, Llc. Unity Candle
Photo for Top of the Market Review - Love is Sweet. Dessert table design by The Way to Wed, llc.
Profile Picture Lisa, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

LOVE THEM! We had to plan our wedding from across the country and I cannot say enough wonderful things about emily, nick and the rest of the crew. They made the entire experience smooth, enjoyable and FUN! Thank you guys!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First class experience all the way! I can't say enough about the team at the Top of the Market! From the initial meeting, to the booking process, to the day of the wedding and everything in-between, it was literally a seamless and a stress-free process. Emily did an amazing job - you won't find anyone better in the business. We could not have asked for more and feel so fortunate that our final decision was to book The Top of the Market. {We had The Loft} The food was fabulous {and we are serious about good food} and they completely exceeded expectations with our very special requests.

They truly make you feel that your event is the most important, which is incredible since they have numerous events throughout the year - both in The Loft and The Warehouse. {so book as soon as you know your date. We booked a year out and I think we got lucky with them having our date available.} If you are considering another place, it doesn't matter how beautiful the venue is, if the service to you and your guests is poor and the food is average or low quality, you are not going to be happy. At Top of the Market, we had it all - unique/awesome/beautiful venue, quality/attentive service before, during and after the event with a delicious buffet. Their entire team has one focus...to make your event the best it can possibly be with no worries on your part. The 'departments' do not work independently of each other, rather, it is very evident they are all working together as a team and know what they are doing. Planning with Emily, her assistants, the Chef and talented kitchen staff, bartenders, servers - everyone worked together and gave outstanding service. "No" is not in their vocabulary. Plus, they are detail oriented and made sure every area of the event had attention. I don't think there are many people who can say their wedding reception was absolutely PERFECT. I am very pleased to say that I can.

Profile Picture Brian, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up

We absolutely LOVED our wedding reception at Top of the Market! Top of the Market came highly recommended to us by a co-worker's daughter. However, they went above and beyond our expectations! The venue is beautiful (even without decorations) and we were able to create our perfect reception. We were so impressed with the staff before, during, and after our event - they are friendly, helpful, professional, and proactive. We could not thank them enough for all they did for us to make our reception run so smoothly. Our guests raved about the food and were thankful to have a personable bartender. Our families and bridal party were shocked that we didn't have to worry about cleanup after the reception ended. Top of the Market took care of literally everything for us making our long day stress-free. We were able to enjoy the reception with our family and friends because of the top-notch customer service they provided. We are certain that our day was perfect because we chose Top of the Market for our reception venue.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 2/18/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

We loved this venue! Perfect in every way. Staff was very professional and we were able to customize our day just the way we wanted. Setup and clean up was all done for us which made the day much less stressful. We'd recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture User7088710, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Tastings, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar

We had our wedding at Top of the Market several weeks ago and it was perfect! The venue is unique and beautiful. The staff at Top of the Market is amazing. They go above and beyond and make you feel at easy through out the entire wedding planning process. All staff is very professional. We loved that they do everything in house. (Food, some décor, drinks, tables, chairs, ) You really do not have to worry about a thing. They have several food tastings through out the year, and the good is amazing! We love the deli also! Emily is the wedding director/planner at Top of the Market. We love her! She is very passionate about her job and always has a smile on her face. She was willing to help in anyway and was always there to answer emails and phone calls. Emily made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. She is such an amazing person and it was a pleasure getting to know her. We even had family and guest comment on how amazing the staff was! We really got to enjoy our wedding day, stress free because of you guys. Not worrying about clean up was AMAZING! Thank you Emily and all the staff at Top of the Market. You made our wedding day so special and we will always speak highly of your venue. See ya at the deli!
Thank you!
Sierra and Jordan R.

Profile Picture Sierra, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Emily was great! Even planning from across the country, I knew I could trust her and the rest of the crew at Top of the Market with every important detail. They were super accommodating to my schedule since I had limited visits to Dayton between engagement and the wedding. The money we paid was definitely worth my peace of mind, knowing that nearly everything was handled by Top of the Market - chairs and tables, catering, bar, and a lot of built-in charm which required very little outside decoration. Outside of the contract with Top of the Market, all we had to bring in for the reception were a DJ, cake, photographer, and minimal decorating (handmade centerpieces and DJ-provided uplighting). The hall was GIANT so we had no problems worrying about over-inviting. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Top of the Market to ANYONE looking at it for any function, not just weddings. They truly deliver an all-encompassing reception experience, and they have great working relationships with other vendors.

Profile Picture Kelli, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Linens

Emily, Jeremy and the staff at Top of the Market were the perfect match for my hubby and I.
We held our ceremony there, and it was very important to me that there not be a traditional aisle way. Originally I wanted a circular seating for the ceremony, but when we came for the rehearsal the night before, it was too cramped. It was immediately changed for us.
The food was AMAZING! We had a few special dietary needs (gluten free, garlic & nut allergy) that had to be accommodated, and the chef and kitchen staff did so without loosing any of the flavor.
There was an incident with a guest in attendance at our wedding and the staff at Top of the Market handled it quickly and so discretely that more than half of the guests didn't even realize anything was going on. Their professionalism among other reason is one of the biggest reasons I would recommend Top of the Market!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was absolutely fantastic for our wedding! From the food, to the overall ambiance - the staff was incredible. They were very flexible with our requests for food and drink and very accommodating. It was a very unique venue for Dayton and all of the guests had an amazing time. We would strongly recommend this venue!!!

Profile Picture User4896076, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Top of the Market was amazing! I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a thing! They are so easy to work with and were there to help every step of they way. The food was delicious, the building is beautiful...set up and clean up was provided within cost, so I didn't have to worry about timing in decorating. I was more than pleased!

Profile Picture User4425853, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Top of the Market is an awesome venue to have a reception. The atmosphere is completely different than your standard white walled hall and it sets it apart. Throughout the whole planning of the wedding they were always very nice and accommodating. The ONLY issue I can think of, and looking back it was very minor, was that the responsiveness was sometimes slow.

But everything about the venue is perfect. You must use their food, but it's worth it. All our guests commented on how good the food was. They do tastings throughout the year so you can get a preview of how it'll be, and they don't skimp out.

I was surprised how flexible they were with the alcohol too. Last minute we added the liquor package but only for part of the night. They let us do 3 hours out of 5, but we were able to pause the service during dinner when people would be seated anyways and use the remaining 2 hours while everyone was dancing!

They even will tear down your stuff and keep it for you at the end of the night! We loved Top of the Market, and considering what they all include it's not a bad deal either. It will definitely be a memorable location that you and your guests won't forget.

Profile Picture Patrick, 10/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were truly amazing. They literally did everything for us. Every staff member was very friendly and willing to do pretty much anything for us. The food was soooo delicious and fresh. I had such an amazing experience there and will definitely go back if I have any future events.

Profile Picture Beka, 7/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Emily and her staff were excellent to work with. Everyone was helpful, courteous, and friendly. Our guests complimented every aspect of our reception at Top of the Market - decor, food, and staff were wonderful. Top of the Market is a beautiful venue with delicious food and exceptional service.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved Top of the Market from the moment I saw it. My husband and I were looking for a place to have a rustic/industrial wedding, and the loft area of Top of the Market was the perfect venue. The people who run the facility, Emily and Mark, were amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process and accommodate basically anything you can ask for. They even allowed my sister to use their kitchen in order to finish my wedding cake. My husband and I wanted something different for our food; we asked Mark for cajun food and he created an amazing menu just for us and seemed more than happy to do so. They even let us come in on Wednesday to set up for our Saturday wedding. Emily called several times prior to the wedding to check on how our planning was going and to see if we needed anything. Our wedding would not have been as amazing if it hadn't been for Emily, Mark, and their staff.

Profile Picture User4230593, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Emily at top of the market was phenomenal! She was so helpful and supportive when I was a stressed out bride! She met with me several times and always had time to answer all of my questions and help me plan! The prices were a little high but worth it! One of the things I thought was a little expensive was the food (no outside catering allowed).... But like I said well worth it! The food was SO good! everyone loved it! My reception was more perfect then I ever could have imagined! It is a stunning location and all of the staff was fantastic!

Profile Picture Jo, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception here in April and it was by far the best choice I made during my planning. Emily made everything so easy and Mark is a genius! I rented the upstairs and it was better than I could have ever imagined. The food was AMAZING!! My fiancé and I wanted breakfast for dinner, and Mark made it happen. He was so supportive and helped with every little detail. I am still getting compliments about our food even two weeks after my wedding day. The quality of service I got at Top of the Market was way beyond my expectations.. My wedding day was perfect, and I give a lot of the credit to Top of the Market, Emily, Mark, and their staff. I am referring all of my friends to them.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were extremely satisfied with Top of the Market. We found the venue by searching on the internet. Emily was a pleasure to work with; she replied to our questions promptly throughout our 14-month planning process and was there the night of our reception to make sure everything ran smoothly (which it did--no glitches or surprises whatsoever). All of our guests loved the uniqueness of this venue. The food was delicious (thank you, Mark!)! The staff was also very accommodating and kind to our guests. One thing we particularly liked was that we had until Monday to come back and collect our table decorations, so we did not have to worry about hauling all that stuff out to our cars the night of the reception. We do hope that in the future they replace or clean the carpet in the entryway and perhaps update the bathrooms a bit, but the bathrooms were very clean, and that is the important thing. We highly recommend this venue if you want a fun, spacious place for your event.

Profile Picture User3666725, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Emily and the rest of the staff are absolutely great. Emily was there helping us plan the reception all the way through to the end of the evening of the reception. They are flexible and willing to make happen anything you might want to do. The food is delicious and we had compliments from everyone about how beautiful the venue is and how good the food was. They helped us make our daughter's wedding reception something wonderful we will never forget.

Profile Picture Connie, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Top of the Market is absolutely wonderful! The venue is extremely unique and beautiful. We received many compliments on how great the venue was and how beautiful everything looked. We loved having an interesting location instead of the typical country club.

Emily is the easiest person to work with and is a miracle worker! She is so responsive and accomodating-- she will find a way to make it happen! She is sweet and fun to be around. I always knew she would take care of things and make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. The rest of the staff at Top of the Market is just as great. They are all so kind and catered to our needs.

I would absolutely reccommend Top of the Market!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved, loved, loved this venue. We had the upstairs loft area for our reception-the exposed beams, brick walls, lanterns-everything was so pretty-except the carpet. Although, you do not really notice the carpet when all the people are in there and the lights are turned down but it is the only downfall. Emily was absolutely fantastic, she has the wedding coordinating down. The months leading up the wedding there was some delay in response to emails and that worried me a little-but I had no reason to worry. We met a couple of weeks before the wedding and she carried things out just as planned. The nice thing is everything is included in your price-food, linens, cleanup, etc. The bartender, Eric, was awesome. He came up with an amazing signature cocktail that everyone talked about. Even though we weren't there for cocktail hour, people said the walking appetizers and cocktails were really good. Our wedding was perfect and I can't thank Emily and her team enough. I recommend them highly and my friend is even having her wedding there next summer!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was great. Before the wedding they held a night where they invited all the brides and grooms to a party to taste almost of the food. This worked well because I ended up changing my initial menu. The night went great, everyone mentioned the food was really good.

Profile Picture User3356911, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cannot say enough good about them!! Had a wonderful experience because of this company. Venue was gorgeous and Emily is an amazing lady to work with!! We had so many positive comments about our reception and the uniqueness of this venue!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/27/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

This venue is perfect for anyone looking for something special and out of the ordinary. We used the loft space which is upstairs and a more intimate setting for our wedding of about 85 people. The space usually used for a waiting room was transformed into our ceremony space with some chiffon wall draping and made it easy for our out of town guests (which was about 60%) to get from the ceremony to the reception since the reception space was just next door. Everything went off without a hitch. The venue had worked with all of our vendors before so everything was flawless and seamless. The wall draping was done Tuesday before our Saturday event and we were able to really get going on decorating as early as Wednesday. Having that amount of time to make sure everything was correct was a huge help. The event itself was everything I had hoped my wedding would be. The food was delicious, the decor was perfect, and the bartender was generous and o nice!! The only complaint I ever heard was in the planning stages, my family had some issues with contacting the staff for confirming things but I feel all of that went out the window when the event came and it was all perfect. I would use them again for any other major event we needed and I would hope that this review would encourage people to use them as well!!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/29/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Emily from Top of the Market is great! We are planning another event next year!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/28/12, 1 Review