Top of the Market Reviews

35 Top of the Market Reviews
  • Katie

Katie Bruggeman · Married on 10/06/2018

The Perfect Venue!

Top of the Market was exactly what we wanted for our wedding reception venue! We loved the industrial romantic look of the building, and Emily (the director of operations) was a dream to work with! We truly felt like she went above and beyond to help us plan our reception and she put my jittery bride nerves to rest. The staff was incredible, we haven't stopped getting compliments on the food and service from our guests yet. I would recommend this venue to anyone with a future Dayton wedding!

Top of the Market 1

Jean · Married on 07/28/2018

We used Top of the Market for our first daughter's wedding 1- 1/2 years and were thrilled when our second daughter chose this venue for her wedding, which we just celebrated 7/28/18. If you are looking for a venue that will treat your wedding/event like it is their own family, give you expert advice, pay attention to the smallest of details, provide upmost professionalism with every single employee, serve AMAZING delicious food and drink, all in a very beautiful setting, then this is the place for you! It was above and beyond our expectations! Thank you Emily, Jeremy, Mark, Renee, and the many many great people that helped us and our guests experience the time of our life! Well done!

Michaelene · Married on 07/27/2018

A Friday wedding is great if you like to do your own decorating. I loved being able to spend a few days before making the room and ceremony wall look just right for us. This location is amazing and you can't go wrong with any if the food. Even vegan and other special request guests were pleased with their meals.

Michaelene · Married on 07/27/2018

Maureen · Married on 07/07/2018

We had 130 guest at the loft venue for a July 7th wedding reception. We were thrilled with the team led by Emily and Mark. They are very accommodating and responsive. We felt like our daughter and son in laws wedding celebration was important to them. They made our celebration special and so memorable. We had our expectations exceeded. Mother of the Bride

Top of the Market 2
    Top of the Market 3
    Top of the Market 4
    Top of the Market 5

Cassie · Married on 04/07/2018

I couldn't ask for a better place for our wedding! Emily was quick to answer any of our questions or concerns. They went above and beyond what was expected. We decided to purchase our own table linens and runners and they asked us to bring them earlier in the week so they could set up for us. Added one less thing for us to worry about the day before the wedding! During the wedding the bartender was top notch. My drink was never empty. If they saw we were almost empty the bartender and Emily were quick to just bring us another glass. All of our guests are still talking about how awesome the food and service was. Definitely recommend!

Lisa · Married on 12/09/2017

Words are hard to find to give TOM the compliments they deserve. As Mother of the Bride and an Event/Wedding Designer myself, I know what matters in the details. Emily and the entire staff were on the mark at all times. From every speedy email response to accommodating our buffet menu requests, and it did not stop there. Yes, Mark, the head Chef, made many of my family's yummy handed down recipes for our menu, they were spot on. Christmas dinner was served on a beautiful buffet style with such pleasant staff to help serve. Our guests could not stop eating and giving compliments of how incredible the food was. The Bartenders were amazing and so friendly, our guests were blown away by their skills at service and mixing some great drinks. Emily's gift of being so kind, loving and accommodating was more than I could ever have imagined. I kinda felt like we became the BFF's throughout this entire planning process. My entire vision for my daughter's wedding was cast perfectly. A year of planning and making centerpieces, purchasing hundreds of candles (probably 500+ Christmas greens, many, many, many Christmas trees and of course, jingle bells, was a challenge. When Emily told us we could deliver to the venue days ahead of our reception, that was a huge blessing. Using many family and friends trailers, we were able to store ALL l items and have it curtained off from other events that week. What an incredible peace of mind that brought to me, my husband and my design crew, when they all arrived Saturday morning for set up, the venue was set and ready for our big event to be decorated. The staff of TOM was so accommodating to all the design crew. On a final but very important note, I met the owner of TOM and told him how incredible our experience has been. His kind response about his team was amazing. He shared with me their philosophy of customer service ",never say NO, there is always a way", and they live by those words. AMAZING!

Top of the Market 6
    Top of the Market 11
    Top of the Market 12
    Top of the Market 13

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

LOVE THEM! We had to plan our wedding from across the country and I cannot say enough wonderful things about emily, nick and the rest of the crew. They made the entire experience smooth, enjoyable and FUN! Thank you guys!!

Brian · Married on 07/22/2017

First class experience all the way! I can't say enough about the team at the Top of the Market! From the initial meeting, to the booking process, to the day of the wedding and everything in-between, it was literally a seamless and a stress-free process. Emily did an amazing job - you won't find anyone better in the business. We could not have asked for more and feel so fortunate that our final decision was to book The Top of the Market. {We had The Loft} The food was fabulous {and we are serious about good food} and they completely exceeded expectations with our very special requests.

They truly make you feel that your event is the most important, which is incredible since they have numerous events throughout the year - both in The Loft and The Warehouse. {so book as soon as you know your date. We booked a year out and I think we got lucky with them having our date available.} If you are considering another place, it doesn't matter how beautiful the venue is, if the service to you and your guests is poor and the food is average or low quality, you are not going to be happy. At Top of the Market, we had it all - unique/awesome/beautiful venue, quality/attentive service before, during and after the event with a delicious buffet. Their entire team has one focus...to make your event the best it can possibly be with no worries on your part. The 'departments' do not work independently of each other, rather, it is very evident they are all working together as a team and know what they are doing. Planning with Emily, her assistants, the Chef and talented kitchen staff, bartenders, servers - everyone worked together and gave outstanding service. "No" is not in their vocabulary. Plus, they are detail oriented and made sure every area of the event had attention. I don't think there are many people who can say their wedding reception was absolutely PERFECT. I am very pleased to say that I can.

Top of the Market 14
    Top of the Market 21
    Top of the Market 22
    Top of the Market 23

Caitlin · Married on 02/18/2017

We absolutely LOVED our wedding reception at Top of the Market! Top of the Market came highly recommended to us by a co-worker's daughter. However, they went above and beyond our expectations! The venue is beautiful (even without decorations) and we were able to create our perfect reception. We were so impressed with the staff before, during, and after our event - they are friendly, helpful, professional, and proactive. We could not thank them enough for all they did for us to make our reception run so smoothly. Our guests raved about the food and were thankful to have a personable bartender. Our families and bridal party were shocked that we didn't have to worry about cleanup after the reception ended. Top of the Market took care of literally everything for us making our long day stress-free. We were able to enjoy the reception with our family and friends because of the top-notch customer service they provided. We are certain that our day was perfect because we chose Top of the Market for our reception venue.

Sierra · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding at Top of the Market several weeks ago and it was perfect! The venue is unique and beautiful. The staff at Top of the Market is amazing. They go above and beyond and make you feel at easy through out the entire wedding planning process. All staff is very professional. We loved that they do everything in house. (Food, some décor, drinks, tables, chairs, ) You really do not have to worry about a thing. They have several food tastings through out the year, and the good is amazing! We love the deli also! Emily is the wedding director/planner at Top of the Market. We love her! She is very passionate about her job and always has a smile on her face. She was willing to help in anyway and was always there to answer emails and phone calls. Emily made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. She is such an amazing person and it was a pleasure getting to know her. We even had family and guest comment on how amazing the staff was! We really got to enjoy our wedding day, stress free because of you guys. Not worrying about clean up was AMAZING! Thank you Emily and all the staff at Top of the Market. You made our wedding day so special and we will always speak highly of your venue. See ya at the deli!
    Thank you!
    Sierra and Jordan R.

Kelli · Married on 10/10/2015

Emily was great! Even planning from across the country, I knew I could trust her and the rest of the crew at Top of the Market with every important detail. They were super accommodating to my schedule since I had limited visits to Dayton between engagement and the wedding. The money we paid was definitely worth my peace of mind, knowing that nearly everything was handled by Top of the Market - chairs and tables, catering, bar, and a lot of built-in charm which required very little outside decoration. Outside of the contract with Top of the Market, all we had to bring in for the reception were a DJ, cake, photographer, and minimal decorating (handmade centerpieces and DJ-provided uplighting). The hall was GIANT so we had no problems worrying about over-inviting. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Top of the Market to ANYONE looking at it for any function, not just weddings. They truly deliver an all-encompassing reception experience, and they have great working relationships with other vendors.

• AimNicole86

Amy · Married on 07/11/2015

Emily, Jeremy and the staff at Top of the Market were the perfect match for my hubby and I.
    We held our ceremony there, and it was very important to me that there not be a traditional aisle way. Originally I wanted a circular seating for the ceremony, but when we came for the rehearsal the night before, it was too cramped. It was immediately changed for us.
    The food was AMAZING! We had a few special dietary needs (gluten free, garlic & nut allergy) that had to be accommodated, and the chef and kitchen staff did so without loosing any of the flavor.
    There was an incident with a guest in attendance at our wedding and the staff at Top of the Market handled it quickly and so discretely that more than half of the guests didn't even realize anything was going on. Their professionalism among other reason is one of the biggest reasons I would recommend Top of the Market!

Top of the Market was amazing! I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a thing! They are so easy to work with and were there to help every step of they way. The food was delicious, the building is beautiful...set up and clean up was provided within cost, so I didn't have to worry about timing in decorating. I was more than pleased!

Beka · Married on 07/25/2014

They were truly amazing. They literally did everything for us. Every staff member was very friendly and willing to do pretty much anything for us. The food was soooo delicious and fresh. I had such an amazing experience there and will definitely go back if I have any future events.

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2014

Emily and her staff were excellent to work with. Everyone was helpful, courteous, and friendly. Our guests complimented every aspect of our reception at Top of the Market - decor, food, and staff were wonderful. Top of the Market is a beautiful venue with delicious food and exceptional service.

I loved Top of the Market from the moment I saw it. My husband and I were looking for a place to have a rustic/industrial wedding, and the loft area of Top of the Market was the perfect venue. The people who run the facility, Emily and Mark, were amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process and accommodate basically anything you can ask for. They even allowed my sister to use their kitchen in order to finish my wedding cake. My husband and I wanted something different for our food; we asked Mark for cajun food and he created an amazing menu just for us and seemed more than happy to do so. They even let us come in on Wednesday to set up for our Saturday wedding. Emily called several times prior to the wedding to check on how our planning was going and to see if we needed anything. Our wedding would not have been as amazing if it hadn't been for Emily, Mark, and their staff.

Emily · Married on 04/12/2014

I had my reception here in April and it was by far the best choice I made during my planning. Emily made everything so easy and Mark is a genius! I rented the upstairs and it was better than I could have ever imagined. The food was AMAZING!! My fiancé and I wanted breakfast for dinner, and Mark made it happen. He was so supportive and helped with every little detail. I am still getting compliments about our food even two weeks after my wedding day. The quality of service I got at Top of the Market was way beyond my expectations.. My wedding day was perfect, and I give a lot of the credit to Top of the Market, Emily, Mark, and their staff. I am referring all of my friends to them.

We were extremely satisfied with Top of the Market. We found the venue by searching on the internet. Emily was a pleasure to work with; she replied to our questions promptly throughout our 14-month planning process and was there the night of our reception to make sure everything ran smoothly (which it did--no glitches or surprises whatsoever). All of our guests loved the uniqueness of this venue. The food was delicious (thank you, Mark!)! The staff was also very accommodating and kind to our guests. One thing we particularly liked was that we had until Monday to come back and collect our table decorations, so we did not have to worry about hauling all that stuff out to our cars the night of the reception. We do hope that in the future they replace or clean the carpet in the entryway and perhaps update the bathrooms a bit, but the bathrooms were very clean, and that is the important thing. We highly recommend this venue if you want a fun, spacious place for your event.

Connie · Married on 10/12/2013

Emily and the rest of the staff are absolutely great. Emily was there helping us plan the reception all the way through to the end of the evening of the reception. They are flexible and willing to make happen anything you might want to do. The food is delicious and we had compliments from everyone about how beautiful the venue is and how good the food was. They helped us make our daughter's wedding reception something wonderful we will never forget.

Victoria · Married on 10/27/2012

Cannot say enough good about them!! Had a wonderful experience because of this company. Venue was gorgeous and Emily is an amazing lady to work with!! We had so many positive comments about our reception and the uniqueness of this venue!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Debra · Married on 05/05/2012

Oh what a night!!! Top of the Market is not only a great location for a wedding but the staff is extraordinary. We were looking for a comfortable atmosphere to celebrate our daughter's marriage with our family and friends and we were blown away with Top of the Market. Mark and Emily went above and beyond our expectations. I received many compliments on the food, the service of the entire staff, and even the character of the building itself. The "foodies" at our event could not believe the quality and deliciousness of the appetizers and the entrees whipped up by chef Mark and his team. And Emily and her entire staff obviously enjoy making people happy. From top to bottom, from beginning to end, I cannot say enough about how wonderful and memorable Top of the Market made this occasion for our family.

The venue was absolutely fantastic for our wedding! From the food, to the overall ambiance - the staff was incredible. They were very flexible with our requests for food and drink and very accommodating. It was a very unique venue for Dayton and all of the guests had an amazing time. We would strongly recommend this venue!!!

Patrick · Married on 10/10/2014

Top of the Market is an awesome venue to have a reception. The atmosphere is completely different than your standard white walled hall and it sets it apart. Throughout the whole planning of the wedding they were always very nice and accommodating. The ONLY issue I can think of, and looking back it was very minor, was that the responsiveness was sometimes slow.

But everything about the venue is perfect. You must use their food, but it's worth it. All our guests commented on how good the food was. They do tastings throughout the year so you can get a preview of how it'll be, and they don't skimp out.

I was surprised how flexible they were with the alcohol too. Last minute we added the liquor package but only for part of the night. They let us do 3 hours out of 5, but we were able to pause the service during dinner when people would be seated anyways and use the remaining 2 hours while everyone was dancing!

They even will tear down your stuff and keep it for you at the end of the night! We loved Top of the Market, and considering what they all include it's not a bad deal either. It will definitely be a memorable location that you and your guests won't forget.

Cynthia · Married on 07/28/2012

Emily from Top of the Market is great! We are planning another event next year!