77 Reviews for Timmester Photography

Proofs (7)
Slideshow (5)
One Event/Day (4)
Flush Mount (1)

Tracy was the best decision we made for our wedding. We wanted to love the candids as much as the portraits and really admired her photo journalistic style as well as her ability to blend into the background. She was super responsive to emails and concerns. She even came to our rehearsal to meet everyone, scope out some locations and put our mind at ease. She was completely unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception. I barely noticed she was there but she captured EVERYTHING. She had a blog post preview for us within less than a week and our entire gallery to us in less than a month. We even got our photos before a friend of mine whose wedding was a full 3 months earlier. Once the wedding is over, having those photos ASAP is amazing. I'm so glad we have a flash drive of all our high resolution photos to keep forever. Our friends and family had rave reviews of her on the day of and after seeing the photos. They commented the following:
"Best wedding photos I've ever seen"
"The photos are so gorgeous"
"The candids are amazing and really captured people's personalities and all the little moments"
"I want to use her for my wedding"
"She was so fun and funny!"

TL;DR: HIRE TRACY

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tracy was our photographer at our wedding in September 2017 and we could not have been happier with her and the photographs she took. She is extremely easy to work with and made us feel at ease during the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and find out what we were looking for and was very flexible, attentive, and thoughtful. She even took the time to attend our rehearsal so that she knew who all of the wedding party was and the plan for the day. Taking photos for hours can be awkward, but Tracy kept us laughing every step of the way and we were absolutely overjoyed with all of the photos she took. She did an excellent job of capturing moments that felt special and candid. Tracy was a pleasure to work with after the wedding as well, retouching and photoshopping photos so that the final result was perfect. We loved working with her and would absolutely recommend her!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked with Tracy late, after deciding on a last-minute change of photographers. And OH MAN, are we glad we did. There are not enough superlatives to describe how happy we are with her work. She was an absolute delight to work with--not only is she a kickass woman that I legit want to be friends with, but from a professional standpoint, she was flexible and open to our requests, prompt and responsive in all communication, was able to keep everyone calm, happy, and smiling during the family portrait sessions, and managed to get an insane amount of coverage of all the events, without ever seeming obtrusive or in the way. And OMG HER PHOTOS. My husband and I keep looking through them and smiling/crying. We fell in love with her photojournalistic style, her amazing eye, and the crisp, clear colors of her photos (my husband and I both HATE the current trend of dark, moody, heavily filtered, instagram-esque wedding photography). She gave us exactly the style we wanted, and more: Her portraits are beautiful, but her candids are insane, and perfectly captured the joy, energy, movement, and feel of the day. She also hired a truly fantastic second shooter (Nathan Abplanalp in Charlotte), and together, they produced the wedding photos of our dreams.

Profile Picture Shoshana, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Tracy is a phenomenal wedding photographer!! She is extremely talented, organized, and responsive...everything you could ask for in a wedding photographer and more! I am so happy that we went with her and just love our wedding photos! Our photos are absolutely stunning! One thing that stood out to me about Tracy is that she has a real knack for capturing people's emotions, which really lets you to relive the day through the beautiful photos. I just love going through our photos and remembering so many special moments, which are all beautifully captured. Tracy's energetic personality also kept everyone upbeat throughout the day...my mom must have commented a dozen times about what a great photographer she was...and this was all before we could see any of the beautiful photos! As many other reviewers have noted, she is also incredibly organized. She remembered from our first phone call the one shot that my husband wanted to get (which I had totally forgotten), and had tons of helpful suggestions about doing the group shots and photos at some of the sites around DC. I was highly impressed on the big day that Tracy seemed to know our timeline inside and out, as well as the names of practically all of the family members we were including in the group shots and bridal party members! It really helped a ton in keeping things on track to have someone who was so on top of everything! I would highly recommend Tracy for wedding photography; you will get absolutely gorgeous photos and won't be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Tracy is phenomenal. She was our photographer for both our engagement shoot and our wedding, and we're so glad that we got to work with her. That's for several reasons: first, of course, her photos are beautiful, and she has a great eye for composition. She's clearly skilled, and that's obviously need number 1 when selecting a wedding photographer :). But in addition to that, she's also fun, relaxed, professional, and organized. As with many of the other reviews on here, I knew I wanted her as our photographer from the first meeting.
Three things stood out to me in particular at both the engagement shoot and the wedding: (1) She made it so easy! As an example, my fiance and I were thinking that the engagement shoot would be awkward (all those poses!), but she made it comfortable, laid back, and entertaining. (2) She does it all without needing to dictate or lead the group; the "posed" photos at the wedding didn't take much time at all, and the majority of them came from her and her partner (in this case, Stephen) blending in effectively to capture key moments. (3) She truly cares about the work and throws herself into it.
On the logistical side of things, Tracy is highly organized. Everything is shared online, and she's highly responsive. This helped me feel completely confident that we were in good hands :). Part of this process includes filling out a form of the different groups/people whom you need photos of at the wedding, so she can ensure that she captures those. The one little suggestion I'd make is that in addition to the list of people, perhaps it would also be good to have a list of particular items/views needed; I take responsibility for this, but there are a few things that I wish I had specifically asked for photos of, such as certain views of the venue, particular aspects of my dress, etc. So maybe just an additional page to that planning survey would be a nice add.
We are thrilled with our photos, and are so grateful. Thank you, Tracy!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/11/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

Long time friends referred Tracy to us. After seeing coverage of their events, I knew we made a great selection from the very beginning. I reviewed Tracy/Timmester Studios after Katy and Patrick’s engagement photos. At the time, the wedding seemed so far away (10 months!). It’s amazing how the time just flew by. Two months before the event, Tracy sent us a questionnaire and timeline to get us thinking of who and when we’d like photographic coverage. Note to future brides and their families: fill these out ASAP!! Take advantage of Tracy’s organizational skills. This will help immensely with planning. Organization makes things run smoothly the day of the event; however, Tracy brings so much more to every project. Her sense of humor and attitude turn portraiture into something special. She can be direct and assertive when needed to herd roaming relatives, and she can be warm and compassionate when dealing with elderly family members and toddlers. She stuck around to the very end of the event and was every bit helpful with non-photographic tasks. She was always upbeat and made everyone feel comfortable – so difficult, yet so important for those lasting memories. She is a special person, and I feel privileged to have met her.

Her second shooter, Wale, was equally amiable and very magnanimous when we pulled him over to take special group photos. All the time it was clear they were helping us make special memories, and not imposing their vision on us. I can’t wait to see the photos, because I’m sure they will be incredible.

Profile Picture S, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tracy was absolutely amazing! She did our engagement shoot and our wedding and I can't imagine anyone could have done a better job. She got so many wonderful candid and posed photos of us and everyone at the wedding I find myself looking through them constantly just to relive the day! She's got such a great personality and is so wonderful to work with. I can't recommend her enough! Not to mention the adorable little box she sent with our flash drive, and a few select photos printed in high quality 4x4 photos as a little bonus. She's the best!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/29/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

We loved Tracy! After meeting with several wedding photographers, we finally found someone we not only trusted with such an important job, but also someone we would want to spend our big day with. She's professional, highly experienced and moreover so pleasant to be around. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tracy did our wedding in late April 2016 and was an absolute JOY to work with. She does excellent work, responds extremely quickly, and was an overall pleasure to be around. Most importantly - her sense of humor, fun, and relaxed attitude was extremely calming to me on our wedding day. She knew just where to be and how to get the right people together. Her work was incredible. I was having some regrets about not getting a videographer after the wedding until I saw Tracy's pictures. Literally. She captured every important moment and the overall joy of the day perfectly and we could not have been more pleased with the results. If you are looking for amazing wedding photos & a great person to capture your special day (let's be honest, who isn't?)- Tracy is the gal to go with.

Profile Picture Ansley, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

I'm way overdue on writing this review but I have to say that Tracy is an absolute treasure. We loved every minute working with her. She is professional, organized, hilarious, and just generally fun to be around. I was extremely nervous about the photos for our wedding because I don't generally like having my picture taken. Tracy put me completely at ease. We scheduled an engagement shoot as a kind of "getting to know you" session and it was so much fun! She got to know us and understand our personalities. She could even tell my husband was starting to grow tired of taking photos and cracked jokes to keep him in the moment. After the wedding she was super speedy about getting us the full gallery. We ordered an album as well and she created an album that perfectly captured the day. Every time I look at it I'm instantly taken back to all of the excitement and emotion of our wedding.

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Tracy made our wedding memorable. It goes so fast, so having pictures that capture the laughs, smiles, and energy of the ceremony and reception is worth every penny. Tracy and her team were easy going, flexible, and almost invisible during the wedding - but somehow they were able to capture the unique moments that made the wedding memorable. Im not sure how, but she was able to capture the personality of each guest in the pictures…very unique and powerful! The quality of her work is the best I have seen – I even get complements on the photos from other photographers!

I can’t recommend Timmester Photography enough – we are excited to work with Tracy and team again during future life events. ☺

Profile Picture User4755776, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

I could not recommend Tracy more highly! She is AMAZING to work with and does wonderful work. My sister discovered her 4 years ago and since that she has been the photographer for another 3 of our friends and I am so happy she will be my photographer in our wedding this weekend! Tracy was amazing to work with for our engagement photos to the point that she traveled down to our home in Richmond, VA to shoot in our beloved city. She made my fiance and I feel relaxed and comfortable the whole time that it was actually a fun experience! When we got back the photos... WOW! She did so wonderful. I cannot wait to see what she does for our wedding in a few days but I have no doubt that we will be ecstatic with the results!! I have never once questioned my decision in booking Tracy and cannot recommend her more! Thank you Tracy for everything!! See you Friday! :)

Profile Picture User4648345, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Tracy did our engagement and wedding photos, and we really loved working with her. I expected engagement photos to be really awkward, but she made us feel really comfortable, to the point where it was actually pretty fun and natural. The session was supposed to go only 2 hours, but we went longer with the change of clothes/transportation time, and she never said a word about it - she was very enthusiastic, pleasant, and energetic throughout, and it really helped keep us going as well. The photos themselves are beautiful, with a number of truly unique, lovely shots.

Our wedding day was no different - Tracy and Wale, her 2nd shooter, were fabulous to work with and did a fantastic job. Many of our family and friends, especially the ones who were there for the pre-wedding photos, noted how well they thought she handled the crowd, keeping things moving on time without ever making anyone feel rushed, and all while taking awesome photos. Their energy and enthusiasm once again helped bring out natural smiles. We are so glad we picked Tracy to document our wedding -- she really captured the love and happiness of the day, and we will always treasure her photos. Not only is she a very talented photographer, she's a very warm and friendly person, and a welcome presence in any setting. Highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture User5604195, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Slideshow

We highly recommend Timmester Photography! Tracy has a bubbly and energetic personality that permeates everything she does – from deciding what package to pick, to setting a time to visit the venue and scope out the best places for photos, to the follow up work on our wedding album. Her work stunning, and Tracy is such a joy to work with.

Our engagement shoot with Tracy was a lot of fun. We met her in Georgetown and she picked fun and interesting places to shoot photos – places we never would have thought of. The photos came out great, and we were able to use them for our website and at the wedding.

Before the wedding we met with Tracy at the venue. We scouted out the property with Tracy, and she helped plan out the best places for photos and how to organize the flow of activities on our wedding day to get the best opportunities for photos. Tracy was so dedicated that when we went for a glass of wine on the deck after touring the property with Tracy, we saw Tracy off in the fields still exploring for photo spots.

Tracy’s persistence paid off at the wedding. She knew exactly where she wanted to take photos and was skilled at “herding” our families around to keep the event on schedule. Her style was unobtrusive – so much that you lost track of the fact that she was even there (at times, she danced throughout the floor snapping photos all the way). When we got the photos back, it was clear that Tracy had made it to virtually every corner of the reception, and that she had worked hard to capture our day in beautiful detail. We received hundreds of incredible photos that reflected true artistic skill and a thoughtful approach. We could not have been happier with the photos we received from Tracy.

Working with Tracy after the event was as enjoyable as before. She was very patient with us as we revised our custom photo album. The book we received was beautiful, and we have received many compliments on it.

Profile Picture User4659707, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Albums

I cannot explain how fabulous Tracy was! I was impressed the first time met her and it just got better from there. Her upbeat yet easy going personality makes her easy to work with, and her ideas and eye for a good shot make her photography beautiful. She was able to rally tons of different people and personalities, on a very hot day, into great poses for some fantastic pictures. To me, the photography was one of the most important pieces of the wedding as it’s what you’ll have left in the end. I am so beyond happy I picked Tracy. If you want a great photographer, you don’t need to look any further. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sara, 7/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Tracy was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding planning and wedding day! She is so incredibly talented, and was able to capture us and our love so perfectly in both our engagement photos and wedding pictures. Tracy and her team are unobtrusive and were able to capture moments throughout our ceremony and reception so beautifully, without us or our guests even noticing them! In addition to her incredible photography skills, professionalism, and responsiveness, she was so sweet and funny and seemed more like a friend to us than a vendor. Tracy has been the photographer for 3 of my friends weddings, and we can't recommend her highly enough! We are so grateful for the amazing photos and memories we have from our wedding day that we will cherish forever, thanks to Tracy.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day, Digital Files, Prints

We knew we had the right person to photograph our wedding from the moment we met Tracy. She is warm, friendly, energetic and passionate about her job. We love her style which captures the moments naturally. She was unobtrusive, you could barely tell she was even there. Looking at our wedding photos, you can hear the music, taste the champagne and feel the emotion of the day. She documented our day perfectly! We would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I absolutely ADORED Tracy and her amazing second shooters, Jen and Artemas! Tracy provides an impeccable level of service--she is immediately responsive, warm, kind and accommodating. Tracy photographed our engagement photos and our wedding in Baltimore, MD. Although she works in the DC area, she drove to Baltimore multiple times to pre-scout locations for our engagement and wedding photos throughout all of Baltimore. Her photos are truly works of art. She captured the warmest and most emotional moments between us as a couple and our family and friends, and her photos are beautifully staged, lit and finished. Most importantly, Tracy and her team are absolutely wonderful people. They are such a pleasure to work with, and we came away from this experience knowing that we had made new wonderful friends. We look forward to staying in touch and to having Tracy photograph more wonderful moments in our lives!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

When I first started talking to photographers, Tracy was the only one who took note of the sunset times (we had an outdoor wedding in October). This level of detail is what Tracy is all about. She is the most kind, talented, and helpful person I met during the time spent planning the big day and it was a true honor to have her at our wedding. It really felt like she was just another friend who was a part of our memorable day :)

Tracy was the only vendor who my husband and I trusted completely. We just saw our pictures today - grinning like fools and howling laughing at the fantastic shots she got. Tracy does the most amazing job at capturing all of the precious moments.

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, stop here. Seriously. Tracy is beyond the best and you will not regret working with her.

Profile Picture Carley, 10/18/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tracy was professional and fun. Our guests loved her and we now consider her a friend. And her photos are awesome. One of our friends commented "I'm so jealous, that's the quality pictures I wanted at my wedding". Tracy is the best.

Profile Picture User4192419, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hiring Tracy was the smartest thing we did for our wedding. She's an amazing, warm, and friendly person who made us feel super comfortable (and we both find having our picture taken a bit awkward!) Our families both loved her too.

Of course, the most important part is that she's a terrific photographer! We were so pleased with our photos, and the entire process. She was super responsive and professional, and we got our photos more quickly than I would have expected. She was generous with allowing us retouching requests and black and whites, and the whole online system makes things super easy. Our album is gorgeous!

The best thing I can say, though, is that I've referred numerous friends to her after our wedding - I wouldn't recommend her if I didn't think she was the best. I know you'll be happy with her too!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

I don't even know where to begin, but I should start out by saying if you are considering hiring Tracy, DO IT NOW. Not only is she a fabulous person to work with, but so incredibly talented. Tracy now feels like family to us and our wedding photos are so incredibly gorgeous...Everyone tells us they should be published in a magazine! I am writing this review and do not even have our final wedding album, (just our 5 minute video and sneak peek) and I can say with complete confidence, that hiring Timmester was one of the best decisions we made. Wedding photography is expensive in DC, and I found Tracy to be more than reasonable on all fronts. She is a photo ninja...in the mix at all times, climbing on walls and crouching under aggressive "Hora" dancing. I knew she was with us at all times, but not once did she and her team feel intrusive. She doesn't miss a beat. I feel like she photographed the "in between" moments. The moments where a typical photographer would take a photo, Tracy was able to capture one second before or after those moments and depict a tremendous amount of emotion in her story telling. Several of the women in my bridal party said that they wished they had someone like Tracy photograph their wedding day and a few of our friends want to hire Tracy for their upcoming weddings. We are THRILLED.

Profile Picture Julia, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We couldn’t agree more with the other reviews (especially that the one bummer is that we don’t get to continue to work with her). Tracy is the absolute BEST! Not only was she (and her team, Artemas & Jen) incredible day-of, but wonderful throughout the entire wedding planning process - she really put us at ease. We could go on and on about how wonderful she is, but here are a few highlights:

She was prompt, organized, supportive, and always positive in EVERY email exchange leading up to the event.

Several people noted throughout the event how seamless she and her team was – taking pictures at important moments but never, ever being in the way.

Family portraits were well-planned and well-executed – most efficient family pictures that we have ever experienced at a wedding. We knocked all the ones we needed without a hitch and, logistically, it couldn’t have worked out better.

She knew all of the most beautiful sites around Hotel Monaco Alexandria – taking us directly to a quaint street for our first look, and several other spots that were absolute hidden gems. The team worked so well together, were never pushy, gave us tons of laughs, and were just a blast to work with!

We have received our “sneak peak” -- which includes her blog post, a slideshow and a facebook post within DAYS of our wedding. She took the most beautiful pictures – both planned and spontaneous.

She has the best personality – making us feel comfortable no matter where we were!

Profile Picture User3439976, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

THANK YOU TRACEY!!!!! Your professional and enthusiasm during our engagement and wedding photos; ensured perfection to our pictures. Tracey exemplified her passion through the eye of the camera by directing, having fun, and seeing positions differently then what we would see. Her on-time and ready-to-go attitude ensured that we were we maintained our schedule throughout the evening. We truly appreciate her patience during the family photos. We had several pictures to take...with a large family and restricted time to get 25 poses completed; Tracey professionally directed us (the family) with enthusiasm!!!! Overall, I would recommend her to all of my friends and family for future services. She is a wonderful person and a phenomenal photographer!

Profile Picture Patricia, 7/5/14, 1 Review