William Penn Inn Reviews

William Penn Inn 7
  • Marykate

Marykate Mccloskey · Getting married on 12/29/2019

Out of this world!

They have been so accommodating considering my situation! Their prices are fantastic and just right for everything offered. I fell in love after one visit:)

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Julie

Julie Harrison · Married on 07/13/2019

So glad we chose WPI!

We got married at William Penn Inn last weekend and it was fantastic. The staff made the whole process seamless from when we booked the venue in January until the wedding in July. They were prompt on responding to questions and they have so many weddings there, they have it down to a science. While we were in the planning process, our wedding coordinator needed to switch us to another coordinator and it was very easy and no detail was lost in the transition. The day of the wedding, they were great at organizing everything, but also staying "behind the scenes". The wait staff/bartenders/coordinators were all great. Also, the food is fantastic. The guests were raving about the beautiful venue and how the food was delicious! They truly know how to throw a fun party, and I'd recommend them to any of my friends or family!

The William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe is also a great addition to the services they offer at William Penn Inn. It's an in-house florist who is fantastic! Kate really listens to what you want and after showing her a few photos from Pinterest, she made up a mock bouquet and centerpiece to show what she had envisioned for the day. I gave a little feedback for a few different flowers and on the wedding day, the flowers were perfect. She was a true professional and knows how to work with people who have an idea and turn it into a reality. She was always super responsive and updated the contract whenever I made changes so I could see how adding 4 flower girls' baskets changed the total amount due :) So grateful for Kate and everything she did. I highly recommend using William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe if you are getting married at WPI or even another venue. She's fantastic!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique Bowe · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding June 15th 2019

Words cannot express how much my now husband and I loved our wedding. Monica made the entire experience less stressful took care of every question and need promptly. Also reccommmended Kate in house florist which made my vision a reality with linen n centerpieces. The cake is made in house and not only did it taste amazing it looked gorgeous. Monica Ganter just went above and beyond in Wedding planning she matched our personality with helping to create our perfect day. My family and friends are still raving about it from food to space and accommodate a large band like go go gadget. Cannot continue to express how perfect it was. Pricing was great running a special when we booked. But in all honesty me and my fiancé went to three other places and would spent a ton more if we decided to not go with Monica or the William Penn Inn. I hope this helps anyone who is planning a wedding. Wedding planning can be really stressful so go with someone who makes it less stressful as. Possible. Thanks you again.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/07/2019

Nothing short of amazing

The William Penn Inn made my wedding SO much easier and less stressful to plan than I had imagined. I can’t stress enough how happy I am to have used them as my ceremony venue, reception venue, cake baker, and florist. Caryn was so helpful throughout the whole process and we got to work with her from when we booked up to the wedding day! I had a million questions and requests and Caryn was always super helpful and responsive with everything. When it came to the actual day, she ran everything so smoothly I was shocked at how little I had to worry about. Kate and the floral team did an amazing job with all of our flowers and she was so kind during the whole process as well. The cake was exactly what I had envisioned and was also the most delicious wedding cake I’ve ever had. If you’re debating on whether or not to book them, you should definitely go for it and you will not be disappointed. Their prices are also very fair in comparison to other venues. All in all, the William Penn Inn made our wedding so amazing and unforgettable!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Maria

Maria Cherego · Married on 05/11/2019

Wouldn’t Have Wanted it any other way!

The William Penn Inn is the most remarkable. The staff, especially Monica Ganter, was amazing to work with. She was so organized, professional, knowledgeable, and made our day go so wonderfully. The Flower shop and Kate Marshall was AMAZING to work with. The decor was absolutely fabulous and exactly what I wanted. The food is to DIE for, and the cake was also just amazing. Having your wedding at the William Penn Inn gives you an amazing package. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful and Historic Venue

As soon as I got engaged, I knew that I wanted a historic venue for the wedding. I've been going to the William Penn Inn for various special dinners over the years with family, so I already knew that the building is beautiful and the food is fantastic. So they were on our short-list to visit ASAP.

We met with Caryn, who went over the packages and we quickly learned how much of a one-stop-shop they are: in-house catering, baking, and florist! They offer indoor and outdoor ceremonies and have large and small rooms to accommodate any size event. My husband's family is huge, so we knew we'd need the entire ballroom and so we booked both the Surrey and the Carriage Ballrooms. I'm also extremely anxious, and did not want to worry about the weather for an entire year, so we decided up front to do the ceremony indoors. The indoor ceremony in the Carriage Ballroom can take place in front of the stage or the fireplace; we opted for the fireplace, because it's been recently renovated and is absolutely gorgeous.

They have the planning down to a science and will contact you when the time comes for specific decisions to keep you on track. While our main contact was Caryn, we also worked with Shelley and Monica for various planning things, and Robin was our day-of coordinator. Everyone we dealt with was very nice and knowledgeable about our event so they could help us at the drop of a hat. On the day of, Robin had everything running like clockwork, which made it so much easier for us to relax and actually enjoy the day.

Kate is the florist on site, and she was wonderful to work with. I brought a handful of pictures and a vague description of what I wanted, and she turned that small bit of information into perfect floral arrangements. All I said was that I liked shorter and wider centerpieces (as a short person, I value being able to see people across the table!) and organic shapes. When we came to the trial appointment, I had no changes, she'd nailed the vision I had in mind! And when the day of the wedding got closer, she even checked in because the flowers she intended to use to achieve our color scheme seemed to be showing a little off and she wanted to make sure we'd be happy with the color.

And of course the food. Oh my goodness the food is incredible. We went with the lobster & crab imperial salmon, the chicken francaise, and the braised boneless beef short ribs. Everyone we spoke to commented on how the food at our wedding was the best they'd ever had.

I really can't recommend the William Penn Inn enough, it was the perfect venue for our absolutely perfect wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Candace Mcginley · Married on 05/05/2019

A beautiful wedding experience

The William Penn Inn served as a great wedding venue for us. All of the guests raved about the food too! We ended up having to have our ceremony inside due to heavy rain, but the ceremony was still beautiful. We got so many compliments about the whole thing from start to finish.

Monica was our coordinator and helped me through every single step and question I had. She was always so friendly, supportive, and helpful. She is a big part of what made my experience wedding planning so much fun (instead of stressful)! Robin helped us on the big day and made sure everything was carried out the way we had planned.

Also, Kate at the flower shoppe was phenomenal too. I was so happy with my bouquet that she created, as well as our table centerpieces. She went above and beyond for us all along the way. If you’re looking for a florist with a great personality and the perfect eye for detailed touches, she’s the one.

Would definitely recommend overall!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Karen · Married on 04/27/2019

William Penn and their people are fantastic!

Spectacular! The William Penn was amazing. It was beautifully decorated. The food was fantastic. The wait staff had on white gloves and were just amazing. Everyone I worked with from planning the wedding with Cathy, to picking flowers with Kate and finally having my own coordinator Caryn for the day was fantastic! I give them 10 thumbs up!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Julia · Married on 03/24/2019

Very helpful and flexible. Cared about your day

Everything was smooth and stress free. Everyone was welcoming and flexible and caring. The place was gorgeous and the food was amazing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/05/2019
    William Penn Inn 10
    William Penn Inn 11
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 03/15/2019

Thank you for making our daughters wedding perfect!

From start to finish, the William Penn was the perfect wedding venue. Our wedding coordinator, Caryn Allen, was with us from the moment we booked our package until the last guest left the wedding reception, and every step in between. Caryn made it so easy for us to take care of every last detail for a perfect wedding. She thought of everything and walked us through from start to finish. She was always available for questions and responded in a very timely manner for everything. She was so pleasant and easy to work with, which really makes a difference when you’re planning such a special “once in a lifetime” event. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and elegantly appointed. Perfect photo ops everywhere. We were given the bridal suite to get ready and it made for a perfect spot for dressing and photos. The food was all delicious from the appetizers to the desserts. The servers were professional and courteous. The room looked beautiful and the dance floor is big enough for a large crowd. We also used Penn florist for our flowers and they were so accommodating and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. The entire day was perfect and I would choose William Penn Inn again for any special event we have in the future. HUGE THANK YOU TO CARYN ALLEN FOR THE PERSONALIZED ATTENTION, YOU’RE THE BEST!

Sent on 03/16/2019
    William Penn Inn 12
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 03/02/2019

Awesome-The best

As the bride's mother, all I can say is awesome. From Monica Ganter's first meeting with me, my husband, daughter and new son-in-law, when we were treated to sample pastries, through all of the planning meetings, and the wedding itself-the best. Cathy S, Florist Kate Marshall and Robin Clark, Banquet Supervisor all made t run like clockwork. Our entire experience was wonderful and every guest and the bride and groom were thrilled. This was a total package deal with planner, cake alcohol, table floral arrangement and more food than anybody could eat. The food selections for the appetizers and entrees were amazing, so much so it was hard to pick them and the tasting was a wonderful experience. Monica did some add-on desserts when our minimum numbers dropped and the guests loved the zucchini bread take home boxes. There was nothing we would change.

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Diana

Diana and Joe Wanczyk · Married on 02/23/2019

The William Penn was absolutely phenomenal. The service was great and the food was absolutely delicious. We couldn’t have been more pleased.

The service was wonderful. The food was fantastic. I would recommend William Penn for a wedding reception. We were so pleased. Nd the brunch the next morning was incredible also. You did a great job for us. Robin Clark and Monica were fantastic. The florist and cake was great also. Thank you. Joe and Diana Wanczyk

Sent on 03/10/2019
    William Penn Inn 20
    William Penn Inn 21

Jen · Married on 01/05/2019

Smooth. Accommodating. Inclusive.

To start, Monica was amazing in answering all of our questions and explaining options. The William Penn Inn was so accommodating to our formal wedding with some of our own flair (Star Wars, beanies, non-traditional first dance).
    On the day of our event, Robin, our coordinator was amazing. She easily communicated with our photographer and dj. Robin is the reason we were able to skip a rehearsal of the ceremony and still look great.
    The food was amazing (including the Mac and cheese bar my fav). Not one person had a negative comment to say. There is not one thing I would have changed about the venue, food, and service I received from all of the wonderful people at the William Penn Inn.

Sent on 04/02/2019

Bridget · Married on 12/28/2018

Such a magical night!

We are so happy with our decision to choose William Penn Inn for our wedding venue. Everyone with whom we worked was a professional through and through and we always felt heard. We worked with Caryn who was a dream and who made it her mission to make our wedding the most personal and beautiful experience. We got married right after Christmas so the decor was unparalleled. Our guests are still raving about the decorations and the FOOD! The decision to hold our wedding reception at William Penn Inn was the right one and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Allison

Allison Innes · Married on 12/22/2018

Everything I have ever dreamed of!!

My husband and I got married on December 22nd 2018! It was the MOST magicical wedding I could have ever dreamed of. Something out of a fairytale. From the very start, planning was a breeze because of how much they do on sight (food, flowers, bakery)! That was especially important to me because I was planning from out of state. Caryn Allen was my go-to for every single need or question. She responded quickly and made everything so simple and clear. The entire staff at the William Penn Inn is professional, kind, and dedicated to making their events perfect! Compliments come flooding in from guests about the food, the cake, flowers, and the overall beauty of the place. If I could go back I would do everything exactly the same. Thank you to William Penn Inn and everyone there who made our day the most special day of our lives!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    William Penn Inn 22
    William Penn Inn 23
    William Penn Inn 24
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Mcilmail · Married on 12/14/2018

Flawless December Wedding

The entire team at William Penn Inn made my wedding absolutely perfect! They never missed a beat, and put the effort in for every single detail. The day was flawless and without a hitch!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Dana Frey · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing experience and service

Our wedding went amazing thanks to the service and food. The team extremely nice and they would get back to me right away with any questions. We had last minute changes and they were able to accommodate all of them. We won’t be living in the area much longer but hope to come back every year for our anniversary dinner.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/09/2018

Sulpizio Wedding

My husband and I got married at the William Penn inn on November 9th. It was the most perfect day from beginning to end. We received compliments from all of our guest how amazing the food was! I couldn’t have picked a better venue for our wedding! Thank you to the amazing staff at The William Penn!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Donna · Married on 10/26/2018

Fabulous/Stunning/Fun/Breathtaking

From the moment we stepped through the doors The WPI was amazing. Monica and Kate were always accommodating, amazing, creative, honest with their suggestions, and made the entire process seamless. Kate and her team were on point with the centerpieces and bouquets. Gorgeous. I can’t say enough about the WPI and the girls and the staff. Robin was great the night of the reception. The grounds are spectacular and well maintained. Just a beautiful setting. The WPI is well maintained and cared for. The food was mouthwatering, the cake was not only beautiful but delicious. The price was all inclusive and a great price point. There are no hidden charges.
    I highly recommend the WPI for weddings!!!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Sarah Roman · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing

When my now husband and I chose to have our ceremony and wedding at the William Penn Inn we had no idea how much it would exceed our expectations. We had around 115 people attend our wedding. I will start with the outside garden where they hold the ceremony. It is a well-kept spacious garden that looks amazing in pictures. Throughout the planning of our wedding we would have to stop by the venue for meetings and what not and every time we would sneak a peek at the garden area it looked amazing (saw it during winter, spring and our wedding was in the fall). There are also a handful of places in the garden for pictures too. It was very pretty! Then the happy hour took place in the main reception area (and guests could hang out in the hall where there are addition seating and such). I was worried about there being lines at the bar since there were only one, but the bartenders are wonderful and the whole night I did not see the line exceed three people. They had staff bring out hot hors d'oeuvres while the cold hors d'oeuvres (cheeses and such) were in a large table in the middle of the dance floor. Right before the reception everything was cleared. They wasted no time serving dinner at the beginning of the reception and everything was so delicious! Our cake and assorted desserts were also amazing. We opted to get the Philadelphia Station at the end of the night. No one left hungry. Also, I just wanted to throw this part in, I gave a box of decorations that I didn’t know what to do with and the staff there (wish I had specific names) went with it and used it as they felt, and it looked WAY better than anything I could have thought of.
    The event specialist, Monica Ganter, was our main contact and worked with us throughout the entire process. I have no idea what I would have done without her! Monica is so nice and helpful. She would always respond to my emails within a day (and I emailed A LOT) and worked around our schedule for in office meetings. Monica was so awesome to work with and made us feel confident that we were on the right track. The florist, Kate Marshall, was also so great to work with! She is so talented, and our centerpieces, bouquets and other flower décor were fabulous. One of my guests must have (hopefully) accidentally took my bouquet home and I loved it so much that I had to order another, so I could dry it out and save it. We also had a day of coordinator, Collin. He made the day go so smoothly. He would round up the party when we needed to do introductions and find my husband and I when it was time to cut the cake and for the bouquet toss. If we needed anything, he was the go-to man and he would get it done. Him and the staff also brought in our outside decorations and brought it inside. At the end of the night things could not have gone any better and this was just the best venue with the best food run by the best staff.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Karissa · Married on 10/19/2018

The best place you could have your event

From start to finish WPI gets 5 stars. The ease of everything is just mind blowing. I got married here 10/19/18. Monica answered any crazy question I had quickly and eased all my anxiety. Everything day of went PERFECTLY. Collen made sure everything went smoothly. The food was phenomenal. All my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I was able to be stress free and have the best night of my life. I HAD FUN and enjoyed my day to the fullest.

Sent on 03/16/2019
    William Penn Inn 25
    William Penn Inn 26

Molly Spanfelner · Married on 10/13/2018

Fabulous Wedding

My wedding at the William Penn Inn was flawless. We worked with Monica, Kate, and Robin. All were fantastic and beyond accommodating. They were so incredibly helpful leading up to the wedding and the day of.
    Thank you so much for everything!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Liz · Married on 09/29/2018

My husband and I are absolutely THRILLED with our wedding at William Penn Inn. It honestly could not have been better. We worked with Caryn to help plan our event, and she was great with communication and making sure our ideas were heard. At our wedding Robin was our coordinator and we seriously did not have to worry about a thing. I am still amazed by how the wedding was exactly how I imagined it and pictured it in my head. This is a great venue with outstanding service, delicious food, and a wonderfully organized and talented staff.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2018

Our recent wedding at The William Penn Inn was nothing short of perfect! Monica and Shelly in the office were fantastic and so easy to work with. Kate in the floral department made everything so easy to plan and created such gorgeous floral arrangements throughout the ceremony and reception. Colin was amazing the day of our wedding, taking care of our every need and making sure every detail of the day was perfect! Our guests complimented how beautiful the wedding was and everyone raved about the food. We can't thank William Penn enough for such a wonderful day!
    Love,