William Penn Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Elizabeth F. Married on 11/21/2021

Awesome Wedding Venue!

We had a great experience and loved working with Cathy! They were easy to work with and really went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect.
  • Mia
    Mia M. Married on 10/22/2021

Best Venue Ever!

We just got married at the William Penn Inn on 10/22/21🥰 It was so beautiful!! Darlene and Ally did everything and anything to make this day as wonderful and beautiful for us! My husband and I chose the William Penn Inn after just one tour and a gut feeling. We loved it and new we had to have this as our venue. We are so glad we chose it because it was just spectacular! We got married outside on a beautiful day in the garden, which I recommend to everyone💕 their garden is manicured to perfection! The inside banquet halls are absolutely gorgeous with elegance! We couldn’t have chosen a more perfect place to say “I Do!”🥰
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly F. Married on 09/25/2021

A perfect evening

Shane and I can never thank Darlene and the rest of the William Penn Inn team enough for making our wedding day absolutely a dream come true. Our original date was for September 2020 and with the pandemic we decided to postpone. WPI was on board with the date change and completely understanding. Darlene was great to work with throughout the planning process and the crazy questions I threw at her. She even helped me through some troubleshooting with other vendors when we postponed. The day of went really well and Darlene was there bright and early with us all the way through to cleaning the bridal suite during the ceremony. Her and Ali were truly amazing and are the best at making couples feel like guests at their own wedding. All of our guests were wowed by the whole evening from the food to the service that was provided. Everyone had an amazing time!Thank you thank you thank you all!
  • Danielle
    Danielle D. Married on 09/09/2021

Five stars is not enough!

Our reception at the William Penn Inn was nothing short of amazing. We would select this venue over and over again. You will not be disappointed, in fact, all of your expectations will be exceeded. Darlene (one of the planners) is the best! Informative, thorough, detail-oriented, easy to work with, quick to respond, and most importantly – kind and patient with all of your questions and planning every detail of your day. David (day-of attendant to us at the reception) was so calm, collected, and very attentive towards us during the entire reception. We have received so many compliments from all of our guests about how absolutely delicious all of the food was - cocktail hour, dinner, dessert (everything!) To this day, we are still getting texts from people about how outstanding everything tasted. The night was perfect - everything we dreamed of and more. The food was outstanding, the service was top-notch, and both rooms are beautiful. The building has its own unique and special classic charm that no other venues come close to. We are so grateful that we selected such an impeccable place of business (which the William Penn Inn TRULY is, on so many levels). The entire banquet team is fantastic, they genuinely CARE about making your day so special, and we just feel very blessed. The night was spectacular for us and our guests. We could go on and on. If this venue is one you are deciding between, book now! -Danielle&Vinny Volpe
  • Jessica
    Jessica L. Married on 11/13/2020

Kate and the William Penn Inn floral team are amazing!

Working with Kate and the floral team at the William Penn Inn (Flower Shoppe) was such a highlight of planning my 2020 microwedding. I am so grateful my wedding planner let me know that the William Penn Inn's floral team can also handle florals for outside events not held at the inn. Kate went above and beyond what her job description requires, even meeting me at my venue to survey the space to better put together a plan and quote for our wedding. We met again in person a month before the wedding, where Kate showed me samples of what my flowers would look like, including a bouquet, centerpieces and decor. I was truly blown away by the time and effort she put in before our wedding even happened to make sure the day itself would be beautiful.

I was also impressed by the William Penn Inn Flower Shoppe's competitive pricing -- I did a lot of florist research before choosing Kate and her team, and while of course, their talent won me over, price played a big role too. I found the prices to be extremely fair, and Kate was happy to work within our set budget.

When the pandemic changed our wedding plans, Kate jumped into action to create a smaller package that still helped bring my vision for the day to life. The day of the wedding Kate's team assembled our floral arch, greenery and candles flawlessly. My bouquet was beautiful, as were the flowers for other members of the bridal party.

We can't wait to work with Kate and the William Penn Inn Flower Shoppe team again next year for our vow renewal and reception.
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 10/30/2020

Exceptional Venue

William Penn Inn is beautiful as always! Cathy made us feel comfortable and was very friendly and honest. Food was delicious and we loved staying there and having our special day celebrated there. Only recommendation would be to turn off the dining music in our indoor ceremony area while the ceremony was going. Other than that great venue!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea W. Married on 07/19/2020

Fantastic Venue!!

My husband and I are so thankful we chose the William Penn Inn for our wedding. They were amazing throughout the whole process, especially when we had to postpone due to COVID. Cathy was fantastic to work with during planning and was so easy to communicate with. Day of, we worked with Karen, who made sure my husband and I were taken care of the whole night.

Our wedding day seemed to run flawlessly from our end. We did not need to set up or take down anything. Everything was taken care of by the WPI. We brought our own champagne glasses and cake knife, which were engraved with our names and the WPI made sure to clean them and have them ready for us to take at the end of the night. The food was AMAZING! We have received so many compliments about the food!

Overall, the day was a dream and we could not be happier with our experience at the William Penn Inn!
  • Miranda
    Miranda K. Married on 02/09/2020

Excellent from start to finish

When we went for our first walk through of William Penn Inn, we sat in the parking lot after and tried to decide if it was "the one." A woman knocked on our car window to ask if we would take a picture of her and her husband because it was their 5th anniversary and they got married there. They gushed about how perfect everything was and we immediately made up our minds to get married there. The fact that everything is in-house, including the florist and the cake, really made it easy to plan. We also had a lot of help from our amazing coordinator, Caryn. At the ceremony we were pampered, the room was beautifully decorated and the food was SO GOOD! As a non-traditional couple, we were unsure about a ballroom wedding, but it was so perfect and our families and friends are still raving about it. Best decision ever!
  • Marykate
    Marykate M. Married on 12/29/2019

Out of this world!

They have been so accommodating considering my situation! Their prices are fantastic and just right for everything offered. I fell in love after one visit:)
    Desimone Married on 11/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

We couldn’t be happier with our choice to get married at the William Penn Inn. The coordinator was absolutely amazing, and so flexible with everything we had requested.

The staff had everything set up as expected and were so helpful and pleasant the day off. It was an absolutely amazing and flawless day!
    Claire Married on 11/15/2019

Choose this venue!

We could not be more pleased with our decision to choose the William Penn Inn as our venue to celebrate our marriage. The WPI is a well-oiled machine. From start to finish, every detail, big and small was perfect. They made wedding planning as painless as possible. We could not have envisioned a more perfect day. They exceeded our expectations. We changed our mind multiple times throughout the process and they never wavered; the staff of WPI was nothing but accommodating and professional. It's a one-stop shop. Your venue, bakery, and flowers all from one place. They work together flawlessly and produce nothing less than the best. I would recommend WPI a million times over.

(Photo credit to Andrea Krout Photography).
    Krista Married on 10/05/2019

Everything we dreamed of more...

We had our wedding at the William Penn Inn a little over a month ago and could not be happier. From start to finish our event specialist Caryn was their for support and guidance. The entire staff put our minds at ease and made sure our day was everything we imagined! The atmosphere, food, flowers, and decor were truly amazing! We had the best experience through the entire wedding process with the William Penn Inn.
    Heather Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding at the William Penn Inn

The William Penn Inn was the greatest! Every person we dealt with was professional and always made themselves available for any and all questions we had throughout the entire planning process. They do it all from the cake to the flowers so you don’t have to worry about anything the day of. I highly recommend the William Penn Inn for your big day.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer V. Married on 09/21/2019

Best Wedding I Could Ever Have

My husband and I got married in late September (technically late summer but in my heart it's early fall), and we had the most beautiful ceremony and reception. Everyone at the Inn was so helpful and so easy to work with (particular thanks and kudos to Cathy, Darlene and Caryn, as well as Kate in the WPI Flower Shop), even when our guest numbers changed at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. I will never forget how perfect everything was. They made everything so easy for us, including letting us drop off our extras (ceremony sign, signature drink sign, sweetheart table decorations, etc.) early and then setting everything up for else. Plus, having the flower shop, bakery and restaurant in house was so convenient. I had the most beautiful flowers and cake, not to mention how delicious our cake and dinner was! I am getting hungry again just thinking about my crab cakes, wedding cake, and those caprese skewers at the cocktail hour. Plus, my guests LOVED the mac & cheese bar and crepe stand that we decided to get as add-ons. We could not have asked for a better night nor better weather. Of course, the William Penn Inn doesn't control the weather but they might as well have given how well everything all fit together. Thank you!!
  • Kellie
    Kellie P. Married on 09/20/2019

Simply perfect

I simply cannot say enough kind words about our wedding experience at The William Penn Inn in September. My husband and I were blown away with the level of professionalism and service we were provided with during the entire wedding planning process and day of. Cathy, Caryn (the day-of-coordinator), and Kate from the floral shop made sure that our vision was brought to light and that every aspect of our wedding was perfect. Every last detail was more than we could have ever imagined, and people are still raving about the food! Thank you, William Penn Inn for an experience we will never forget!
    Patti M. Married on 09/07/2019

William penn inn is the best of the best

Our coordinators were simply fantastic!! They made everything so easy and perfect! They were efficient and organized and everything was absolutely perfect in every way! Thank you for making our day the best ever!!
    Rita C. Married on 09/07/2019

Conroy - McClain Wedding

Everything was perfect! The staff was wonderful and very professional! Working with Darlene to plan was so easy and Caryn the night of was perfect! The food was delicious and the cake beautiful! From start to finish everything was perfection. You can’t go wrong if you pick William Penn Inn!
    Holly G. Married on 08/28/2019

Wonderful service, beautiful location!

We had our daughter’s wedding reception at the William Penn. We arrived at the event to find everything set up beautifully, the flowers were wonderful, the tables and favors arranged exactly as I asked, etc. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. I didn’t have to worry about anything. The reception was flawless and everyone said how great the food and atmosphere was. Amazing!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 08/25/2019

We Loved It Here

The WPI offers so much more than I ever knew. I’m so glad we chose to have our wedding here. We had a perfect day for our garden wedding. Both the event and banquet staff were amazing, especially Darlene and Robin. Kate in the flower shop is also wonderful. The garden was gorgeous, the flowers were perfect, and we got so many compliments on the amazing food! It’s a wonderful place.
    Joanne M. Married on 08/24/2019

William Penn Inn Floral Shop

Little did we know the William Penn Inn Floral Shop provides flowers for events outside of their own venue. If you are looking beautiful flowers for a wedding, contact them! To Kate and her team- thank you so very much for the beautiful flowers for our son and daughter-in-law’s wedding this past weekend! The arrangements were gorgeous! I can’t even tell you how many people asked me who the florist was. We really appreciate the detail they put into it and the customer service approach to their work. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for an event florist!
    Christine W. Married on 08/23/2019

Perfect Wedding Reception!

We knew from past experiences that we were in good hands when we booked our wedding at the William Penn Inn but everyone really went above and beyond our expectations and we are so grateful! Our wedding day at the William Penn Inn was absolutely perfect, down to the smallest detail! We first met with Caryn when we got engaged and she did a wonderful job explaining the package and walking us through everything that was included. Our food tasting was probably our favorite part of the wedding planning process! The food was absolutely amazing. Cathy and Darlene were great in answering all of our questions during the entire wedding process. Kate did an absolutely amazing job with all of the flowers! All of the bridal bouquets and boutineers arrived at the house even earlier than we requested which immediately put us at ease. The bouquets and all of the centerpieces were absolutely breathtaking and were exactly what we envisioned! The bouquets looked stunning against the royal blue bridesmaid dresses and my wedding gown! We always pictured an outdoor wedding in the Penn’s Gardens and were temporarily disappointed when we chose to move it into the ballroom due to rainy weather; however, we had the opportunity to see the ballroom set up with all of the draping and flowers before the ceremony and it was absolutely perfect! The flowers and chandeliers made the room look so elegant. The bakery department did a phenomenal job on our wedding cake! It looked so beautiful and tasted amazing!!! The staff at William Penn is awesome!Everyone was so friendly and accommodating during the entire process. Our event manager, Robin, did a wonderful job at both the rehearsal dinner and wedding. She checked in with us often to make sure we had everything we needed and was just so pleasant to be around! Her staff was also wonderful. I know there was another event in the ballroom in the afternoon and it was a tight turnaround, especially since we moved the ceremony inside but they did such a great job and were so friendly and responsive to our guests. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives and we’re so happy that we chose the William Penn Inn for our venue!
  • Heather
    Heather D. Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Place for Our Special Day!

This venue is ideal. They do practically everything including your flowers and cake. They make the planning process seamless. You know the food will be amazing if you've been to the restaurant! The William Penn Inn is beautiful as is, but if you want to add anything (decorations, photos, etc) they set it all up for you! Thanks to Caryn, Cathy, and Dar! We had the most perfect day!
    Kristie Married on 08/03/2019

Great wedding venue!

The William Penn Inn was an excellent choice for our wedding venue. We had both our ceremony and reception there and everything was absolutely perfect. Caryn was our contact up to and including the day of the wedding, and she was always very friendly, professional, and happy to answer any and all questions we had. On the day of the wedding, she checked in several times to make sure we were happy with everything. A huge plus of the William Penn Inn for us was that they have on-site floral and bake shops, so we didn't have to hire a separate florist and bakery. It really took the stress out of planning the wedding. Oh, and the food is really fantastic - we had many guests compliment us on that as well!
  • Julie
    Julie H. Married on 07/13/2019

So glad we chose WPI!

We got married at William Penn Inn last weekend and it was fantastic. The staff made the whole process seamless from when we booked the venue in January until the wedding in July. They were prompt on responding to questions and they have so many weddings there, they have it down to a science. While we were in the planning process, our wedding coordinator needed to switch us to another coordinator and it was very easy and no detail was lost in the transition. The day of the wedding, they were great at organizing everything, but also staying "behind the scenes". The wait staff/bartenders/coordinators were all great. Also, the food is fantastic. The guests were raving about the beautiful venue and how the food was delicious! They truly know how to throw a fun party, and I'd recommend them to any of my friends or family!

The William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe is also a great addition to the services they offer at William Penn Inn. It's an in-house florist who is fantastic! Kate really listens to what you want and after showing her a few photos from Pinterest, she made up a mock bouquet and centerpiece to show what she had envisioned for the day. I gave a little feedback for a few different flowers and on the wedding day, the flowers were perfect. She was a true professional and knows how to work with people who have an idea and turn it into a reality. She was always super responsive and updated the contract whenever I made changes so I could see how adding 4 flower girls' baskets changed the total amount due :) So grateful for Kate and everything she did. I highly recommend using William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe if you are getting married at WPI or even another venue. She's fantastic!