William Penn Inn Reviews

351 | Gwynedd, PA

351 Reviews for William Penn Inn

• Miranda

Miranda Keys · Married on 02/09/2020

Excellent from start to finish

When we went for our first walk through of William Penn Inn, we sat in the parking lot after and tried to decide if it was "the one." A woman knocked on our car window to ask if we would take a picture of her and her husband because it was their 5th anniversary and they got married there. They gushed about how perfect everything was and we immediately made up our minds to get married there. The fact that everything is in-house, including the florist and the cake, really made it easy to plan. We also had a lot of help from our amazing coordinator, Caryn. At the ceremony we were pampered, the room was beautifully decorated and the food was SO GOOD! As a non-traditional couple, we were unsure about a ballroom wedding, but it was so perfect and our families and friends are still raving about it. Best decision ever!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Marykate

Marykate Mccloskey · Married on 12/29/2019

Out of this world!

They have been so accommodating considering my situation! Their prices are fantastic and just right for everything offered. I fell in love after one visit:)

Sent on 03/12/2019

Desimone · Married on 11/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

We couldn’t be happier with our choice to get married at the William Penn Inn. The coordinator was absolutely amazing, and so flexible with everything we had requested.

The staff had everything set up as expected and were so helpful and pleasant the day off. It was an absolutely amazing and flawless day!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Claire · Married on 11/15/2019

Choose this venue!

We could not be more pleased with our decision to choose the William Penn Inn as our venue to celebrate our marriage. The WPI is a well-oiled machine. From start to finish, every detail, big and small was perfect. They made wedding planning as painless as possible. We could not have envisioned a more perfect day. They exceeded our expectations. We changed our mind multiple times throughout the process and they never wavered; the staff of WPI was nothing but accommodating and professional. It's a one-stop shop. Your venue, bakery, and flowers all from one place. They work together flawlessly and produce nothing less than the best. I would recommend WPI a million times over.

(Photo credit to Andrea Krout Photography).

Sent on 11/21/2019

Krista · Married on 10/05/2019

Everything we dreamed of more...

We had our wedding at the William Penn Inn a little over a month ago and could not be happier. From start to finish our event specialist Caryn was their for support and guidance. The entire staff put our minds at ease and made sure our day was everything we imagined! The atmosphere, food, flowers, and decor were truly amazing! We had the best experience through the entire wedding process with the William Penn Inn.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Heather · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding at the William Penn Inn

The William Penn Inn was the greatest! Every person we dealt with was professional and always made themselves available for any and all questions we had throughout the entire planning process. They do it all from the cake to the flowers so you don’t have to worry about anything the day of. I highly recommend the William Penn Inn for your big day.

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Vogl · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Wedding I Could Ever Have

My husband and I got married in late September (technically late summer but in my heart it's early fall), and we had the most beautiful ceremony and reception. Everyone at the Inn was so helpful and so easy to work with (particular thanks and kudos to Cathy, Darlene and Caryn, as well as Kate in the WPI Flower Shop), even when our guest numbers changed at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. I will never forget how perfect everything was. They made everything so easy for us, including letting us drop off our extras (ceremony sign, signature drink sign, sweetheart table decorations, etc.) early and then setting everything up for else. Plus, having the flower shop, bakery and restaurant in house was so convenient. I had the most beautiful flowers and cake, not to mention how delicious our cake and dinner was! I am getting hungry again just thinking about my crab cakes, wedding cake, and those caprese skewers at the cocktail hour. Plus, my guests LOVED the mac & cheese bar and crepe stand that we decided to get as add-ons. We could not have asked for a better night nor better weather. Of course, the William Penn Inn doesn't control the weather but they might as well have given how well everything all fit together. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Kellie

Kellie Pacher · Married on 09/20/2019

Simply perfect

I simply cannot say enough kind words about our wedding experience at The William Penn Inn in September. My husband and I were blown away with the level of professionalism and service we were provided with during the entire wedding planning process and day of. Cathy, Caryn (the day-of-coordinator), and Kate from the floral shop made sure that our vision was brought to light and that every aspect of our wedding was perfect. Every last detail was more than we could have ever imagined, and people are still raving about the food! Thank you, William Penn Inn for an experience we will never forget!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Rita Conroy · Married on 09/07/2019

Conroy - McClain Wedding

Everything was perfect! The staff was wonderful and very professional! Working with Darlene to plan was so easy and Caryn the night of was perfect! The food was delicious and the cake beautiful! From start to finish everything was perfection. You can’t go wrong if you pick William Penn Inn!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Patti Macek · Married on 09/07/2019

William penn inn is the best of the best

Our coordinators were simply fantastic!! They made everything so easy and perfect! They were efficient and organized and everything was absolutely perfect in every way! Thank you for making our day the best ever!!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Holly Gamangasso · Married on 08/28/2019

Wonderful service, beautiful location!

We had our daughter’s wedding reception at the William Penn. We arrived at the event to find everything set up beautifully, the flowers were wonderful, the tables and favors arranged exactly as I asked, etc. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. I didn’t have to worry about anything. The reception was flawless and everyone said how great the food and atmosphere was. Amazing!!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2019

We Loved It Here

The WPI offers so much more than I ever knew. I’m so glad we chose to have our wedding here. We had a perfect day for our garden wedding. Both the event and banquet staff were amazing, especially Darlene and Robin. Kate in the flower shop is also wonderful. The garden was gorgeous, the flowers were perfect, and we got so many compliments on the amazing food! It’s a wonderful place.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Joanne Molle · Married on 08/24/2019

William Penn Inn Floral Shop

Little did we know the William Penn Inn Floral Shop provides flowers for events outside of their own venue. If you are looking beautiful flowers for a wedding, contact them! To Kate and her team- thank you so very much for the beautiful flowers for our son and daughter-in-law’s wedding this past weekend! The arrangements were gorgeous! I can’t even tell you how many people asked me who the florist was. We really appreciate the detail they put into it and the customer service approach to their work. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for an event florist!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Christine Wojcik · Married on 08/23/2019

Perfect Wedding Reception!

We knew from past experiences that we were in good hands when we booked our wedding at the William Penn Inn but everyone really went above and beyond our expectations and we are so grateful! Our wedding day at the William Penn Inn was absolutely perfect, down to the smallest detail! We first met with Caryn when we got engaged and she did a wonderful job explaining the package and walking us through everything that was included. Our food tasting was probably our favorite part of the wedding planning process! The food was absolutely amazing. Cathy and Darlene were great in answering all of our questions during the entire wedding process. Kate did an absolutely amazing job with all of the flowers! All of the bridal bouquets and boutineers arrived at the house even earlier than we requested which immediately put us at ease. The bouquets and all of the centerpieces were absolutely breathtaking and were exactly what we envisioned! The bouquets looked stunning against the royal blue bridesmaid dresses and my wedding gown! We always pictured an outdoor wedding in the Penn’s Gardens and were temporarily disappointed when we chose to move it into the ballroom due to rainy weather; however, we had the opportunity to see the ballroom set up with all of the draping and flowers before the ceremony and it was absolutely perfect! The flowers and chandeliers made the room look so elegant. The bakery department did a phenomenal job on our wedding cake! It looked so beautiful and tasted amazing!!! The staff at William Penn is awesome!Everyone was so friendly and accommodating during the entire process. Our event manager, Robin, did a wonderful job at both the rehearsal dinner and wedding. She checked in with us often to make sure we had everything we needed and was just so pleasant to be around! Her staff was also wonderful. I know there was another event in the ballroom in the afternoon and it was a tight turnaround, especially since we moved the ceremony inside but they did such a great job and were so friendly and responsive to our guests. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives and we’re so happy that we chose the William Penn Inn for our venue!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Heather

Heather Diringer · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Place for Our Special Day!

This venue is ideal. They do practically everything including your flowers and cake. They make the planning process seamless. You know the food will be amazing if you've been to the restaurant! The William Penn Inn is beautiful as is, but if you want to add anything (decorations, photos, etc) they set it all up for you! Thanks to Caryn, Cathy, and Dar! We had the most perfect day!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Kristie · Married on 08/03/2019

Great wedding venue!

The William Penn Inn was an excellent choice for our wedding venue. We had both our ceremony and reception there and everything was absolutely perfect. Caryn was our contact up to and including the day of the wedding, and she was always very friendly, professional, and happy to answer any and all questions we had. On the day of the wedding, she checked in several times to make sure we were happy with everything. A huge plus of the William Penn Inn for us was that they have on-site floral and bake shops, so we didn't have to hire a separate florist and bakery. It really took the stress out of planning the wedding. Oh, and the food is really fantastic - we had many guests compliment us on that as well!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Julie

Julie Harrison · Married on 07/13/2019

So glad we chose WPI!

We got married at William Penn Inn last weekend and it was fantastic. The staff made the whole process seamless from when we booked the venue in January until the wedding in July. They were prompt on responding to questions and they have so many weddings there, they have it down to a science. While we were in the planning process, our wedding coordinator needed to switch us to another coordinator and it was very easy and no detail was lost in the transition. The day of the wedding, they were great at organizing everything, but also staying "behind the scenes". The wait staff/bartenders/coordinators were all great. Also, the food is fantastic. The guests were raving about the beautiful venue and how the food was delicious! They truly know how to throw a fun party, and I'd recommend them to any of my friends or family!

The William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe is also a great addition to the services they offer at William Penn Inn. It's an in-house florist who is fantastic! Kate really listens to what you want and after showing her a few photos from Pinterest, she made up a mock bouquet and centerpiece to show what she had envisioned for the day. I gave a little feedback for a few different flowers and on the wedding day, the flowers were perfect. She was a true professional and knows how to work with people who have an idea and turn it into a reality. She was always super responsive and updated the contract whenever I made changes so I could see how adding 4 flower girls' baskets changed the total amount due :) So grateful for Kate and everything she did. I highly recommend using William Penn Inn Floral Shoppe if you are getting married at WPI or even another venue. She's fantastic!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique Bowe · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding June 15th 2019

Words cannot express how much my now husband and I loved our wedding. Monica made the entire experience less stressful took care of every question and need promptly. Also reccommmended Kate in house florist which made my vision a reality with linen n centerpieces. The cake is made in house and not only did it taste amazing it looked gorgeous. Monica Ganter just went above and beyond in Wedding planning she matched our personality with helping to create our perfect day. My family and friends are still raving about it from food to space and accommodate a large band like go go gadget. Cannot continue to express how perfect it was. Pricing was great running a special when we booked. But in all honesty me and my fiancé went to three other places and would spent a ton more if we decided to not go with Monica or the William Penn Inn. I hope this helps anyone who is planning a wedding. Wedding planning can be really stressful so go with someone who makes it less stressful as. Possible. Thanks you again.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/07/2019

Nothing short of amazing

The William Penn Inn made my wedding SO much easier and less stressful to plan than I had imagined. I can’t stress enough how happy I am to have used them as my ceremony venue, reception venue, cake baker, and florist. Caryn was so helpful throughout the whole process and we got to work with her from when we booked up to the wedding day! I had a million questions and requests and Caryn was always super helpful and responsive with everything. When it came to the actual day, she ran everything so smoothly I was shocked at how little I had to worry about. Kate and the floral team did an amazing job with all of our flowers and she was so kind during the whole process as well. The cake was exactly what I had envisioned and was also the most delicious wedding cake I’ve ever had. If you’re debating on whether or not to book them, you should definitely go for it and you will not be disappointed. Their prices are also very fair in comparison to other venues. All in all, the William Penn Inn made our wedding so amazing and unforgettable!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Maria

Maria Cherego · Married on 05/11/2019

Wouldn’t Have Wanted it any other way!

The William Penn Inn is the most remarkable. The staff, especially Monica Ganter, was amazing to work with. She was so organized, professional, knowledgeable, and made our day go so wonderfully. The Flower shop and Kate Marshall was AMAZING to work with. The decor was absolutely fabulous and exactly what I wanted. The food is to DIE for, and the cake was also just amazing. Having your wedding at the William Penn Inn gives you an amazing package. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful and Historic Venue

As soon as I got engaged, I knew that I wanted a historic venue for the wedding. I've been going to the William Penn Inn for various special dinners over the years with family, so I already knew that the building is beautiful and the food is fantastic. So they were on our short-list to visit ASAP.

We met with Caryn, who went over the packages and we quickly learned how much of a one-stop-shop they are: in-house catering, baking, and florist! They offer indoor and outdoor ceremonies and have large and small rooms to accommodate any size event. My husband's family is huge, so we knew we'd need the entire ballroom and so we booked both the Surrey and the Carriage Ballrooms. I'm also extremely anxious, and did not want to worry about the weather for an entire year, so we decided up front to do the ceremony indoors. The indoor ceremony in the Carriage Ballroom can take place in front of the stage or the fireplace; we opted for the fireplace, because it's been recently renovated and is absolutely gorgeous.

They have the planning down to a science and will contact you when the time comes for specific decisions to keep you on track. While our main contact was Caryn, we also worked with Shelley and Monica for various planning things, and Robin was our day-of coordinator. Everyone we dealt with was very nice and knowledgeable about our event so they could help us at the drop of a hat. On the day of, Robin had everything running like clockwork, which made it so much easier for us to relax and actually enjoy the day.

Kate is the florist on site, and she was wonderful to work with. I brought a handful of pictures and a vague description of what I wanted, and she turned that small bit of information into perfect floral arrangements. All I said was that I liked shorter and wider centerpieces (as a short person, I value being able to see people across the table!) and organic shapes. When we came to the trial appointment, I had no changes, she'd nailed the vision I had in mind! And when the day of the wedding got closer, she even checked in because the flowers she intended to use to achieve our color scheme seemed to be showing a little off and she wanted to make sure we'd be happy with the color.

And of course the food. Oh my goodness the food is incredible. We went with the lobster & crab imperial salmon, the chicken francaise, and the braised boneless beef short ribs. Everyone we spoke to commented on how the food at our wedding was the best they'd ever had.

I really can't recommend the William Penn Inn enough, it was the perfect venue for our absolutely perfect wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Candace Mcginley · Married on 05/05/2019

A beautiful wedding experience

The William Penn Inn served as a great wedding venue for us. All of the guests raved about the food too! We ended up having to have our ceremony inside due to heavy rain, but the ceremony was still beautiful. We got so many compliments about the whole thing from start to finish.

Monica was our coordinator and helped me through every single step and question I had. She was always so friendly, supportive, and helpful. She is a big part of what made my experience wedding planning so much fun (instead of stressful)! Robin helped us on the big day and made sure everything was carried out the way we had planned.

Also, Kate at the flower shoppe was phenomenal too. I was so happy with my bouquet that she created, as well as our table centerpieces. She went above and beyond for us all along the way. If you’re looking for a florist with a great personality and the perfect eye for detailed touches, she’s the one.

Would definitely recommend overall!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Karen · Married on 04/27/2019

William Penn and their people are fantastic!

Spectacular! The William Penn was amazing. It was beautifully decorated. The food was fantastic. The wait staff had on white gloves and were just amazing. Everyone I worked with from planning the wedding with Cathy, to picking flowers with Kate and finally having my own coordinator Caryn for the day was fantastic! I give them 10 thumbs up!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Julia · Married on 03/24/2019

Very helpful and flexible. Cared about your day

Everything was smooth and stress free. Everyone was welcoming and flexible and caring. The place was gorgeous and the food was amazing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/05/2019