286 Reviews for The William Penn Inn

Liquor License (3)
Signature Drink (3)
Decor (3)
Furniture (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Cocktail Reception (2)
Wireless Internet (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Aisle Runners (1)
283 The William Penn Inn Reviews

Robin was great throughout the night to attend to the bride and groom. Food was excellent. Centerpieces were less vibrant than sampled, but bouquet where very nice. Over all happy and good experience at the William Penn inn.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Overall we had a wonderful wedding at The William Penn Inn. The flowers and cake were incredible, and people commented how good the food was. Coming form NYC we had pretty big expectations, and they met almost all of them.

Profile Picture Nicolle , 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were very pleased with our wedding reception. We were upgraded to the carriage room. It was a spacious and elegant setting. Our wedding coordinator and server were very helpful. The food was delicious. Our guests raved about our wedding. Thank you. Joann and Rick

Profile Picture Joann, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The William Penn Inn can make any wedding your dream of happen! They fit out budget perfectly! Everyone raved about the food and desserts and how simply elegant the whole Brunch Wedding was. I would have my wedding here again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Julie, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Wonderful, beautiful wedding. Outdoor ceremony area is gorgeous. Wedding supervisor Robin went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding day perfect!! Food was fantastic from the cocktail hour through the desserts.

Profile Picture Lynda, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was Saturday, 3/31/18 and everything was perfect. Colin was our host and he was excellent! Cake was delicious, flowers beautiful . . . I could go on an on. You are the best!

Profile Picture Phyllis , 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding experience at the Wm. Penn Inn was perfect from booking to wedding. The food was superb, the venue was beautiful and the staff was sp professional and pleasant. Thank you for a beautiful day with lifetime memories. Oh, and the cake, dessert table snd all flowers were gorgeous and all done by the Inn. Couldn’t have been easier or more beautiful!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was such an amazing place. Absolutely beautiful & outstanding. The food was great! I liked how we can make our own wedding package. There are so many options and the price are reasonable. The wedding cake was beautiful. I will definitely recommend to all of my friends to get married at William Penn Inn. Also, I would like to do an another special event at William Penn Inn in the future. Thank you so much for having us.

Photos
Profile Picture Sohee, 3/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our wedding on 3/24/18 and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the William Penn Inn! Our coordinator (Caryn) was responsive & helpful! The day of my husband and I were treated like royalty (Colin was our maitre d’ the night of & he was marvelous!) And every guest had positive things to say about their meal! Cocktail hors d’voures and pasta station were a big hit, plus top shelf bar during the entire event! We were comfortable with 160 people and still had the entire dance floor. I couldn’t imagine having any more than 170 guests without feeling crammed. We also used the florist for William Penn Inn. Kate was helpful, accomadting & my powers looked beautiful. We used mostly candlelight for our wedding. We also used the Baker & our cake was delicious. But the dessert bar was a huge hit!! Again, we can not be more impressed and thankful for everything the William Penn Inn did to make our day perfect!

Profile Picture Arlene , 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I worked with Caryn, Kate, and Sue. Caryn was quick to respond to questions. I didn’t feel fully prepared sometimes with the planning, because I wasn’t aware when I was expected to know information at various meetings during the wedding planning ( I didn’t know I was supposed to bring a picture of my desired cake the secomd meeting, or describe specifics on how I wanted the seating) and felt sometimes flustered and underprepared. Kate was very friendly and guided us well with the floral arrangements. She was also flexible when I emailed her and asked for modifications. The day of my wedding we were short on coursages, but they quickly made them and it didn’t affect anything. Sue was wonderful and very pleasant & calming the day of the rehearsal and the wedding, I am so glad she was there. Again, with the pre wedding planning I had no idea that Sue would be present at the rehearsal and help us, but I was so glad that she did! I wasn’t even too sure where the rehearsal was taking place because when I showed up, because there were a ton of random people setting up in the room where I thought it was supposed to be. When I called the front desk, they told me to “just tell everyone to leave” which I did not feel comfortable doing because I had no idea who those people were. Thankfully Sue came and saved the day! I felt the wedding was a great value and it was so convenient to have my creramony and reception in 1 place. My family and I stayed there the night before and the accommodations were wonderful. Thanks William Penn Inn!

Profile Picture Christine, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The William Penn Inn provided us with seamless service and made our wedding a day to remember. The planning was fun and easy. They made our vision come true. Everything including the ceremony, flowers, and tables were set up beautifully. The food was amazing! The stationary displays were beautiful. The butlered hors d'oeuvre were delicious. The main meal, cake and mini desserts were incredible. All of our guests complimented the food and the servers accommodated their needs and requests. The bartender made great drinks. Our wedding coordinator was very attentive. She gave us food and dessert to take which was unexpected and nice. This gave us the opportunity to enjoy our wedding meal at home. Our wedding planner, Caryn, was responsive and helpful. I'm ecstatic with our wedding. The William Penn Inn made that happen.

Profile Picture Adriana, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the planning to the event last weekend, we were pleased to work with the staff! Robin Clark, the banquet supervisor, especially gave outstanding service to us all , from me, the mother of the groom, to every table as per guests ! She helped me soooo much!!! I
couldn’t have managed the evening without her!!!

Profile Picture Anita, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

This venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff were so kind and helpful the day of our wedding, but also during the months leading up to it. And the food was amazing--especially the cake! Will definitely recommend this venue and will definitely come back to visit!

Profile Picture Alice, 1/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

The William Penn Inn exceeded our expectations, and we couldn’t be happier with the way our wedding went — from our first contact with Monica to the day itself coordinated by Colin. Monica was excellent; she answered all of our questions and was incredibly patient in helping us organize and plan our day. She promised that we would feel like guests at our own wedding, and we really, truly did. On our wedding day, Colin ensured that the event flowed perfectly and that we were well cared for. The value we received from The William Penn Inn was beyond worth the price tag. We received compliments about the food, cake, and desserts, and the design of our cake was perfectly executed. It was among my favorite details of the night. Kate’s floral arrangements were perfect, too. The atmosphere of the venue, both inside and out, made for some stunning photography (especially with the Christmas decorations still up!). I’d highly recommend The William Penn Inn to any couple who wants a fantastic wedding without the worry.

Profile Picture Christine, 1/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Indoor, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had an amazing experience! Throughout the wedding night, the wedding coordinator continued to check in with us to see if we needed anything. Cocktail hour was a big hit with the guests. They had such a great selection of food and also the set up was amazing. All the guests enjoyed their meals and commented how much they enjoyed everything. We also got to have brunch the following morning, which was amazing as well. I highly recommended this venue.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about the William Penn, Caryn, and Colin. The night was amazing and they are the only reason a very anxious bride made it through the night. Despite transportation hiccups that were completely unrelated to the William Penn, causing a 30 min delay, the night stayed on schedule and every last bit of food was hot. We will look back fondly on the William Penn forever!

Profile Picture Caitlin , 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow! The William Penn Inn made our wedding day so smooth and easy. We had a ball and we were able to enjoy our day knowing that the staff was taking care of everything. We can say we had a perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Lori, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

What a wonderful day it was. The William Penn Inn made it a perfect day! Working with the team they're heated so easy for us. The day of we had somebody who took care of us, was by her side, making sure we ate, and making sure everything ran on track. The guests enjoyed the day, they raved about the food, and the cake was marvelous. The flowers were also perfect. The colors were vibrant, everything looked beautiful, and we were very pleased. A big thank you to Caryn, Kate, and Robin. You ladies are wonderful! And it was a pleasure working with you!

Photo for The William Penn Inn Review - Ceremony, inside
Photo for The William Penn Inn Review - Tables for 80 guests
Photo for The William Penn Inn Review - Our sweetheart table
Profile Picture Lori, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot even begin to say how perfect our wedding at the William Penn Inn was. From the moment we inquired about booking our wedding a year ago through our Sunday brunch the day after our wedding, they could not have been more accomodating. Every little detail was attended to - the flowers, cake, service and food were top notch. Our guests were so impressed. We received so many compliments. My new bride and I highly reccomend this venue if you want an exceptional wedding experience. Thank you, WPI.

Profile Picture Stephen, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was absolutely amazing everything I ever could of ask for! The William Penn Inn definitely went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations! Our day was perfect!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded from the smaller ballroom to the larger!

Profile Picture Ave Maria, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Shelley is AMAZING! She was SO helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. She responded to all of my e-mails immediately!

However, we had a little less luck with our wedding coordinator. On the day of, we were promised hors d'oeuvres in the bridal suite by our wedding coordinator, but they never were delivered. We were hoping to munch while we bustled the dress and before we went upstairs to the craziness. Our coordinator the day-of also seemed a little miffed at something, but I'm not sure what had happened. He had been very friendly and accommodating during the rehearsal, so I'm not sure what happened.

Everything else was literally PERFECT! Kate in the flower ship did an AMAZING job creating my vision and the cake and food were ridiculously amazing!!! :) Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My apologies to the William Penn Inn for this belated review, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the venue for the amazing wedding I had in October of 2017. I knew the food would be great having dined at the Inn previously, but the services provided by waitstaff, in-house floral department, and the bakery were amazing. In particular, Monica Ganter in the banquet department was polite, responsive, and organized. She made our planning process a breeze through her prompt replies to e-mail inquiries, and she was so courteous to each and every question we submitted her way. Kate Marshall in the floral department was also a pleasure to work with. She created some beautiful floral designs in line with my vision and navy/marsala/gold color scheme. The bakery did a wonderful job creating a customized navy blue fondant cake based off a picture found on Pinterest. Last but not least, our day-of-coordinator Colin performed his job spectacularly. He made sure all the vendors were setup when and where they needed to be, and was always by our side throughout the reception when we needed him. He gently guided us through the classic hallmark events (cake cutting, first dances, toasts, etc.), but he was always gracious and accommodating, never pushy.

I highly recommend this venue to every other couple! I am the stereotypical Type A personality type and did my part through meticulous planning and scheduling regular follow-ups with every vendor. When it came to my actual wedding day, the staff ensured that each and every carefully plan detailed was executed and that I was most importantly able to relax and enjoy my wedding day.

Thank you, William Penn Inn.
Mary & Michael October 2017

Profile Picture Mary, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables

We had a wonderful night- the food was perfect, the staff was very professional. From planning to clean up, it was just what we wanted. Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/7/17, 1 Review