The Whole Shebang Reviews

The Whole Shebang 6
The Whole Shebang 7

Kaitlin Schreiner · Married on 05/14/2019

Outstanding and magical!

This is an email I wrote to Meris after the wedding:

Meris,

I wanted to send a quick note to thank you so much for all your help the last 6 months. You are incredible at what you do and just having you around on the big day brought so much peace to me. I was not stressed about thing and you really do have a gift. Everything came together so beautifully it was just such a dream. I am forever grateful for your help and guidance with everything and I hope you won't be a stranger! I wish you all the best in your future and so many blessings.

Best,

Kaitlin

Sent on 06/18/2019
    The Whole Shebang 8
    The Whole Shebang 9

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2018

The best!

Meris and her team surpassed our expectations throughout the entire wedding planning process. They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. She is so calm and caring, I was at ease knowing that if anything came up she would be there to handle it. I highly recommend The Whole Shebang Events!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Betty · Married on 10/06/2018

We only wish we could put into words how happy we are about our choice to ask Meris Gantt and The Whole Shebang team to help us make our daughter's mountain wedding dream come true. Everything about the experience - email conversations, planning phone calls with the bride in Phoenix, questions about vendors, decorating, and keeping track of a million details - turned out to be doable and pleasant because of Meris and her kind, thorough expertise. We purchased the full package so we could navigate all the details with help, and we would do it again in a heartbeat. On the day of the wedding at Overlook Barn, Meris and her team did everything seamlessly. Her calm manner and attention to detail allowed us to enjoy every moment. When we realized we might need to make a last minute rain plan, Meris explained the options and helped us think through how we might handle the unexpected. When the sun broke through the hour before the wedding, The Whole Shebang team celebrated with us and then lead us through each step of the ceremony process. Our daughter, son-in-law, family, and guests could not stop saying how perfect and fun everything was. We owe so much of that to Meris and her team. We will always be thankful for this amazing experience.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    The Whole Shebang 10
    The Whole Shebang 11
    The Whole Shebang 12
    The Whole Shebang 13

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

Truly the BEST wedding coordinator!

One of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process was choosing to work with Meris and The Whole Shebang. We went with the month of planning package and are so glad we did! From my first initial phone call with Meris, I felt confident we would be well taken care of. Leading up to our wedding, she was always available to us whenever we had any questions and communicated/organized everything so well with our vendors that we truly didn't have to think twice about anything! Her and her team are so fun to work with and made sure we were well taken care of on the day of our wedding. They truly went above and beyond for us, which we were so grateful for. I can honestly say not one thing went wrong on our wedding day and we can thank Meris and her team for that!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Taylor · Married on 07/14/2018

I can't even express how happy I am that I chose Meris and her team at The Whole Shebang for the coordination of my wedding weekend. My mother-in-law hired Meris for the rehearsal dinner planning and I chose TWS Month-Of planning contract and we were both so happy with everything. Both days went incredibly smoothly (if there was a "fire" she had to put out I don't even know about it, which is amazing!). Meris is truly a joy to work with and I felt like she became part of my family over the past few months! She has a fantastic relationship with all the vendors in the Boone/Blowing Rock area (I knew I'd made the right choice when I told vendors who my coordinator was and they immediately said "I LOVE Meris!") and she worked so well with everyone, which in my case was a bit more difficult because one of our biggest vendors were family members of mine. She is somehow laid back but also super on top of things and put everyone at ease with her competence all weekend. Meris, I can't even say how much I appreciate everything you did. THANK YOU!! (Can we do it all again??)

Sent on 07/30/2018

Adam Blau · Married on 07/01/2018

Meris and The Whole Shebang are the BEST!

We hired The Whole Shebang for their full services in planning our wedding weekend. Maris Gantt not only coordinated our wedding day, but also our welcome reception and rehearsal dinner for our guests. There were so many details, locations and vendors involved - we could have never pulled it off without Meris and her amazing team!

My husband and I were planning our big day from out-of-state, and needed someone who could represent us in the High Country. Maris has strong relationships with vendors in the area that was an incredible resource for us (she not only knows a “guy” but also the brother of the “guy” and his best friend who owns the bar who also has a car service. You get the idea).

We also felt from the beginning, Meris was someone who understood our vision. Her down to earth nature, joyful spirit and open mind made us feel confident that she could execute our wedding plan.

Planning a wedding requires countless decisions to be made. Meris guided us through that process with charm, confidence and lightness of heart. Meris made herself available consistently over the course of the year and was always happy to listen to our new ideas or our latest concerns. She took away our stress and reassured us that everything would come together, which was an invaluable feeling for us (as you can imagine planning a wedding is stressful!). This quality is not to be underrated! For example, we decided to add table runner four days before the wedding and she showed up the day of with them in her car, pressed and ready to go.

Meris (and the people on her staff) have warm, kind spirits and tenacious can-do attitudes. When our day finally came, her team was incredibly thorough, and made sure all our needs were met. Our wedding weekend was more than we could have ever expected, and have Meris to thank for all she did for us to make our day truly unforgettable.

Obviously, we could not recommend Meris and The Whole Shebang team highly enough!!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot rave enough about Meris and her staff with The Whole Shebang! There is no way my wedding would have been as amazing as it was had it not been for them. I honestly didn't realize how much I would need a planner until I saw how many moving parts there actually are to the big day. I got married in Banner Elk but live two hours away in Charlotte. That, combined with working full time, didn't leave a whole lot of time to plan and research. Meris was incredible with her recommendations and every single one of our vendors were not only cost-effective, but they did an AMAZING job! I never would have found my photographer, caterer, hair and make-up team, florist, and more, if it weren't for her. The day-of ran so incredibly smooth and I felt like I had to worry about absolutely nothing. I never thought a timeline would be so important but it truly is and the team executes it just how you want it done (and they're flexible too!). It was wonderful knowing everything was being taken care of behind the scenes so I could just enjoy the day. TRUST me when I say that hiring a planner is worth every single penny and will in fact SAVE you money in the long run. Meris and her team are the folks to do it. My wedding day was perfection and it had everything to do with them.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Alex · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Meris was one of the best decisions we made during our two-year long engagement. The month leading up to the wedding was the calmest I felt during the whole wedding planning process, and it had everything to do with her. After our first meeting a month before the event when we went over pages of notes for the wedding day (she brought up every single thing I had thought of over my whole two years of planning during that one meeting, and answered every question I had with ease) I knew that everything was going to be fine on the actual day because she and her team were on it. Even though I had planned a lot of the wedding myself and felt like I wanted to do as much as I could to help on the day of, I would not have been able to enjoy my wedding without hiring Meris and her team. Everything had to be set up and taken down in one day at our venue, and it was done so flawlessly and effortlessly: you notice them there because they are awesome and super nice, but at the same time you don't notice all the work they are doing behind the scenes! It's true that you really do feel like yours is the only wedding Meris is working on in the weeks leading up to the event because she is super responsive and also has a very calming presence (and it is sad when the wedding is over and you don't get to do Google hangout calls with Meris every week). Thanks to Meris and her team of "design savvy worker bees", my family, fiance and I were able to be totally present in the day, and that was invaluable!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    The Whole Shebang 18
    The Whole Shebang 19
  • O

Ondrea · Married on 08/05/2017

Let me start by saying that I am the most indecisive and whimsical person EVER. I change my mind 100 times about everything, and I'm pretty difficult to keep up with as I go off on a whim naturally. (oh...something shiny!) I knew I met my match when I met Meris. She is always ready for any and everything, and always stayed ahead of the game. She easily coordinated difficult family members and children in such a graceful and professional manner--her presence at my wedding seemed as if she were a long time friend of the family always ready to give a helping hand. I couldn't have gotten through this entire experience of wedding planning without her. She has more of an impact on the couples she helps get married than she could probably ever give herself credit for. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for taking such good care of us on the best day of our lives!

Side note--Anna (Meris' sidekick) had a huge impact on the success of our wedding. She deserves major props as well! You were amazing, Anna. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/22/2017

Meris and her team truly made our wedding day one of the best days of our lives. It was the perfect day, and we give Meris and The Whole Shebang 100% of the credit.

Living 7 hours away from the wedding venue, we completely entrusted Meris with all of the details of our wedding, and she did not disappoint! She allowed us to be as involved/removed as we wanted with all of the decisions throughout the planning process. She was receptive to all of our ideas, but had no trouble making decisions or steering us in the right direction when we were less resolute (which was often!) We would have been completely lost without her. Throughout the planning process, Meris was calm, informative, thoughtful, responsive, and just fun to talk to. We’re going to miss our phone calls with her!

Meris and her team truly made our wedding day one of the least stressful and most enjoyable days ever. We were able to completely relax and enjoy the day with our friends and families, which was the most important aspect to us on our wedding day. From bringing all of the bridesmaids lunch, to sewing my bustle back together after it broke, to offering to take our dogs back to the rental house after photos - Meris and her team went above and beyond, and we are forever grateful.

All of our wedding guests made sure to tell us how much they loved Meris and her staff, and how calm and attentive they all were while ensuring the entire day ran smoothly. We highly recommend Meris and The Whole Shebang and don’t know how anybody could have a wedding without them!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kara · Married on 07/08/2017

Meris and The Whole Shebang team is AMAZING! We had our choice of wedding planners for our venue, and are so glad we chose to work with Meris! From my first meeting with her, I knew that she didn't have her own agenda but genuinely wanted to bring our wedding day vision to life. Meris and her team did a fantastic job making our vision come true and made sure everything was seamlessly executed. She is so realistic and down to earth, which my family and I both appreciated throughout the entire process. I loved that she really thought about what vendors would work well with my vision and personality, which ended up truly making our wedding day even more special and tailored towards our personalities and vision. For each decision, Meris would question "does this go with the vision of the day?" Meris is organized, on top of her game, and so kind. She handles anything and everything with ease and joy, which took a lot of stress off of me as the bride. From completing our timeline to coordinating vendors to bustling my dress...Meris does it all! If you are unsure about going with the Whole Shebang or hiring a coordinator, DO IT. Hire The Whole Shebang and you will be happy with every penny spent, it is SO worth it for Meris and her team!!! The truly made our day unforgettable and flawless. We are so thankful we found and hired Meris!!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Casie · Married on 06/17/2017

Meris stuck by my side during two years of crazy wedding hiccups. I knew I would need her from day one, but the value of having her calm spirit around really started to sink in at my rehearsal. Between dealing with big personalities, cancellations, and super hot/stormy weather, I am 100% sure I would have cried for half my wedding day had Meris not been there with solutions at every turn. Vendors, family members, and guests have all complimented that everything looked perfect and was run so smoothly, most of them crediting Meris and Rachael by name. Rightfully so, as everything I pictured in my mind for my wedding day turned out perfectly. I would recommend Meris and TWS any day and have never been so happy with an investment! For any brides trying to determine if you should make room in your budget for a coordinator…do it. I promise your future spouse, friends, and family with thank you. And most importantly, your sanity and mental health will be saved. Thank you again Meris and Rachael!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

Kelsey Fidis from The Whole Shebang did a fantastic job for us as a wedding planner. Meris Gantt connected us with her after our initial conversation, in which Meris gave me great suggestions for a caterer, photographer, DJ, and transportation company. Kelsey made the day so easy for us from start to finish. She picked up the flowers and decorations from us early in the day and had the venue set up for us before we got there, and it looked perfect. Her staff was wonderful to work with - they were there when we needed them but out of the way and behind the scenes. When we ran out of red wine, she sent one of her staff to the store to restock. At the end of the day, her staff loaded our cars with everything that needed to go - I didn't lift a finger. Prior to the wedding day, Kelsey was very willing to accommodate our ideas and made suggestions that made everything flow seamlessly. I can heartily recommend The Whole Shebang as wedding planners to any bride in the High Country.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2016

We really cannot say enough GREAT things about Meris and her team! We do not live in the area so we put our full trust in her and she never let us down. Her communication was great, she was always quick to respond, honest, and super attentive in all aspects. We were beyond stressed out the day of due to hurricane Matthew making his appearance but Meris kept us together and made everything go very smooth. If she was stressed out, we couldn't tell! We would STRONGLY recommend TWS to anyone!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Molly · Married on 10/01/2016

We are still so in awe of the wedding Meris put together for us last month. Hiring her was probably the best decision we made during the planning process and whatever success our wedding can be considered single-handedly falls on her and her team's shoulders. Our venue was 2.5 hours from our home, so it was technically a destination wedding. I only met in-person with Meris once during the planning process because of this distance but I felt so well taken care of. Under her "month of" package, she was available to us by phone and email the entire month prior to our big day and I used every bit of that time with her that I respectfully could.  We had weekly phone meetings to go over EVERYTHING: what had changed, which vendors had been paid and who remained, any snags I was having trouble deciding on or securing, the decor plan, etc...  She built a detailed wedding weekend schedule that we distributed to family and friends and she called all vendors the week before to confirm load in, drop off times, final invoice totals, etc... And probably most importantly, I didn't deal with a single logistical item the day of our wedding which was worth her rate right there.  Meris and her team of assistants decorated the entire venue, they set up the tables, centerpieces, and placecards, coordinated delivery of all materials and vendors, helped guests find their seats, paid all remaining vendors for us, kept us comfortably on schedule through out the day, cleaned up after the reception and so many other things I'm sure I have no idea her team handled for us. Her positive attitude and laid back demeanor are such a breath of fresh air for planning an event that at times can be stressful. And she is so great at helping you stay focused on the big picture and not getting caught up in the details that she can handle for you. She set the tone for our entire wedding weekend (she even helped me find tablecloths for our rehearsal dinner!) and we are eternally grateful to her.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Wow, when Meris plans, you're in for the best event you could have ever imagined. Not only was she incredibly friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, and attentive, she executed my 200+ person wedding so well that my new family (all high military ranking officers) commented on how it was the smoothest and most efficient event they'd ever been to! Which earned me brownie points. Meris is no-fuss, no hassle, and seriously the nicest person. Everyone in the high country loves working with her and it's a true testiment to the friendship you're bound to build with her in the process of planning your wedding. I cannot recommend her enough. You've found the best if you've found Meris and her team.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/30/2016

I recommend Meris and her team. Her ability to troubleshoot and anticipate areas of problems were very valuable in our home video. She's very detail oriented, but also very flexible and stays calm under pressure. She also coordinated all the vendors involved for the event and everyone showed up on time and the day flowed very fluidly. Meris stays calm under fire and has a great presence and sense of humor

Sent on 06/16/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

Meris and Kelsey were AWESOME at our wedding! I met Meris on a whim when she showed me her house that I was considering renting, and I am so thankful that she informed me of the wedding services the Whole Shebang offered. With my now-husband and I being locals but our entire families being from out of town, we needed some help. She handled so many details that would have been a nightmare or simply impossible for us and our family and friends. Everyone was able to travel to our wedding and simply ENJOY THE DAY- including us!! Meris was such a calming presence the day of, and she and Kelsey literally had everything under control. We are honored that such an awesome business with first class people is right here in our beloved High Country!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2016

Meris and her team were amazing and my husband I would not have been able to have such a perfect night without their help! I lived in a different state while planning our Boone wedding and Meris could not have been more helpful. She recommended great vendors and was focused in on the style and presence we wanted for our dream day. I worked with her for almost a year leading up to the wedding and she was able to keep me on track while I was preoccupied with grad school. Even though The Whole Shebang does many weddings throughout the year (ours was during peak wedding season!), she made it seems as though you're the only one she works with and is ALWAYS available. They coordinated all the vendors prior to and on the day of our wedding, worked so hard so that we were able to enjoy and relax during the day of, and made sure everything ran smoothly. They have several packages to fit various needs and I would recommend them time and time again!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Kata · Married on 06/11/2016

The Whole Shebang is truly what made my wedding day possible. Meris calmed all the nerves before the wedding (mother of the bride and groom included!), directed the day wonderfully, and made sure I and my groom had time to sneak away so we could enjoy our yummy food. She not only was incredibly organized, thoughtful, professional and punctual; she was so enjoyable to be around and work with. Never did I feel like I was not being heard nor did I not like the direction Meris took us! Her wedding intuition is brilliant and I had the best time working with her! She was on point the entire day and handled anything that came up with ease. I cannot sing her praise enough! You definitely need her and her staff for your big day!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Dawn · Married on 09/06/2015

Meris was wonderful to work with- I live about three hours away from Blowing Rock!She helped to tie up all the loose ends and make sure that all planning aspects were covered!! She was great with responding to emails and was willing to meet with me when I was in town! She also helped to set me up with perfect vendors- After our first meeting she gave me business cards of vendors she felt would work best with my wedding style, wedding theme and my personality and she was spot on with all of them. If you want the perfect wedding you need to use The Whole Shebang! They were amazing!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Meris is amazing to work with, and I could have never done it without her. She made the whole wedding planning experience extremely stress free and enjoyable. She handled everything up until the day of with such professionalism and grace, and was so fun to work with. I live out of state, and she provided vendor suggestions and helped with every step of planning process. She let me be as involved with all the small details that I wanted to be, or stepped in and took control on anything I needed. She was always on her a-game and is extremely organized, involved, patient, positive and insightful.

On our wedding weekend, she and her team were beyond impressive. They were on top of every single detail, and helped to make it the most special and perfect weekend for us. We were not stressed out in the least, and were able to enjoy every minute of our big day because of their help. I can truly say that our wedding day was the best day of my life, and I owe that all to Meris and The Whole Shebang!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Meagan · Married on 07/25/2015

I could not have been happier with Meris and her team! They made my wedding absolutely perfect. Meris went above and beyond during the whole planning process. I was planning my wedding from abroad and wouldn't have trusted anyone but Meris to be my eyes and ears in North Carolina. She was responsive, creative, and an absolute blast! Need someone to get you in shape before your wedding? Meris will join you on your pre wedding workouts and runs! She's the real deal folks. Meris does a great job of reading her brides and catering to their personal style and personality. She is extremely patient and supportive. Even when I was stressing the day of she always knew when I needed a minute to myself. I will be having her plan every single event I ever have. One of the saddest parts of the wedding being over is no longer having an excuse to constantly hang out with Meris. Thanks for the best wedding I could have asked for!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2015

Working the Andrea at The Whole Shebang was one of the best decisions we made involving our wedding! I was not looking forward to wedding planning, but Andrea made it super easy. She help narrow down the decisions I had to make and always provided great recommendations regarding vendors. Andrea was always responsive to my emails, texts, and calls and I believe went above and beyond in regards to contact with my vendors. Andrea truly understood the "theme" we were going for and worked with all of our vendors to make it happen. Being out of town, Andrea did everything she could to help me out with things in Boone when I couldn't get to town. Our wedding day was went along seamlessly and we got many compliments regarding Andrea's and Kelsey's professionalism. I was not stressed AT ALL on my wedding day. Andrea is a calm and very easy to work with. I truly enjoyed being around her! She made things fun!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Jan · Married on 05/16/2015

Meris was wonderful to work with and made my daughters wedding day perfect ! Her friendly and caring personality makes her so easy to work with. With me being the mother of the bride and living 2 hours away, I never could have done this without Meris. She helped organize us and thought of things we never would have. I couldn't imagine doing the wedding without her help. I would recommend her to anyone looking for someone to help make that special day an even greater one. I know it's hard to believe but, we truly never stressed about anything because she was always so calm !

Sent on 06/11/2015