82 Reviews for The Wedding Authority

Budget Analysis (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Military (1)
81 The Wedding Authority Reviews

My wedding day just wouldn't have been the same without the help of everyone at The Wedding Authority, from Bill to Carla, to Ashley, and especially Dawn! They are all super prompt at responding to emails. They made us feel like we were their priority the entire time we were planning. Dawn made our wedding day flow so smooth and easy for us. I would 100% recommend The Wedding Authority team to help plan your wedding! (Total cost was for Lightner Museum courtyard, city permit, and day of event coordinator ($2,385)...worth every penny!)

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dawn Walker was amazing and truly helped me when I was over it and did not want to plan anymore. Brittany was fantastic the day of and I had a great team overall.

Profile Picture Kristen, 3/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Carla and her team was amazing. They are on top of anything that needs to be done and made planning a breeze. A friendly group of people to work with. Carla will not steer you wrong!

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The wedding authority team made my wedding effortless for day of planning and they provided only the best vendors to work with that were in our budget and the friendliest people to hire for our wedding day. Carla and Ashley were patient, knowledgeable and only the best at what they do. As a Bride, you always worry your vision won't be the reality when you walk into the venue after leaving something to someone else to do for you but that was not the case, it was better than expected. We can't thank them enough for their services and time that made our event so special.

Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Ashley provided great setup ideas on the whim
Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - The team did a beautiful job setting up our Welcome table
Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Their eye for design was great!
Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Converting the welcome table for the exit to favors
Profile Picture Carleen, 12/9/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Finally, after 4 months of wedded bliss, I have to accept that my picture-perfect day has come to the end! Where to even begin? Bill came highly recommended from a family friend, whom he officiated their wedding. Bill was so warm and friendly and we couldn't wait to have him marry us. When everywhere was falling short of what I was looking for to outfit our groomsmen, Carla fell from heaven. She was exactly what I needed! While all of our groomsmen were out of town, Carla fit my groom, and both of our fathers. She gave great directions on how to get everyone else measured. She even drove to my house to deliver a custom alteration for my husband. Coogan was so helpful in making sure everything was order with all of the groomsmen. Carla pulled suit after suit, and every fabric sample and swatch under the sun to make sure we got it perfect. From pick up two days early due to having our wedding the day after Thanksgiving, to dropping them off after the wedding, The Wedding Authority was perfect. Bill and Carla are a wonderful couple to work with, and reminded me why this town is so perfect.

Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Mr. Bill, himself
Photos
Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Handsome husband and his groomsmen
Photo for The Wedding Authority Review - Our groomsmen, showing off their fancy footwear!
Profile Picture Kara, 11/24/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious

Carla and her husband were so great to work with! They both were incredibly sweet and helpful. It was everything we had dreamed of!

Profile Picture Patience, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ms. Carla and her staff were amazing. They met and exceeded our needs. From begining to end they were there for us every step of the way. Our wedding was beautiful and exactly what we dreamed it would be! They are wonderful!

Profile Picture Thea, 10/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The Wedding Authority got us through a difficult "hurricane wedding" without missing a beat. Carla Young kept us well- informed, sometimes hourly, We were able to have the wedding and it all went as planned, which truly represents their ability to handle anything.
Bill Young was the officiant and performed a beautiful ceremony. We could not have asked for more.
I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Daria, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

This is truly a top notch establishment. Bill and Carla are just amazing to work with. Bill Young officiated our ceremony in Miami and made us feel so very comfortable and I was nervous! Bill's ability to put you at ease is second to none. The ceremony was perfect and I couldn't have imagined it without him as our officiant. You will not regret going through the Wedding Authority for any of your wedding needs, they are just amazing and their service is on point!

Profile Picture Anja Barbara, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dawn and Carla were attentive and made planning a destination wedding easy. They kept everything organized and on schedule. Everyone enjoyed themselves and were able to relax at the reception. Thank you for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Calee, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carla is worth her weight in gold. She did a fantastic job keeping everything on track for my wedding and we had exactly the wedding celebration we wanted.

Profile Picture Kristen, 3/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Dawn was amazing! She is really sweet and will sit down and talk with you about every detail to become one with your vision. They are on point when it comes to communicating with ALL of your vendors to make sure they are on top of their responsibilities as well. She definitely made my day less stressful and created the look I wanted for the ceremony/reception venue without bothering me for the details. The day of is all about you, and Dawn truly made my day and decor unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Alyson, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Religious

Owners were amazing to work with. She is so on point. Kept everyone together and things rolling. It was everything I ever dreamed of. Got married in the chapel and it was beautiful. Simple and Elegant. Very happy with the venue and exceptionally affordable especially in St Augustine.

Profile Picture Amanda , 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was great working with Bill Young, our Officiant for our wedding January 14, 2017. I did not use any of the other services The Wedding Authority had to offer as our venue, The White Room had wedding planning packages. The entire staff was great although most of our communication was through email as our wedding was out of town. Their responses were quick and timely.
We will definitely use Bill again when we decide to renew our vow!! Now all Jason and I need to do is ring the bell next time we visit St. Augustine, which is usually several times a year.

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/14/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony

I gave the Wedding Authority as a wedding present to a special couple. I can't say enough wonderful things about Carla and Dawn. Their knowledge, professionalism, and organization skills are amazing. They made this day amazing for everyone. I highly recommend calling them to plan your wedding your day will be extra special!

Profile Picture User4428423, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Wedding Authority. We met Carla first who guided us into making our decision on a venue. We immediately connected and chose the wedding authority for day of coordinator. We worked with Dawn, who is AMAZING! When it came to choosing tuxes and an officiant we went right to the wedding authority and worked with coogin and Bill! I cannot express how amazing everyone was and truly made my day special. Everyone felt like family and made the day truly relaxing!

Profile Picture User7601623, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dawn with the Wedding Authority was absolutely amazing and worth every dime! I would have been SO unprepared and out of my mind without her! If you're thinking about skipping having a day-of coordinator - DON'T. This was the BEST thing I could have had for my wedding. Thank you Dawn!!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

I worked with Dawn for over a year planning our wedding. She was always responsive via email or text. She is so busy with other weddings but still makes you feel special. Our wedding day was literally the best day ever, and a large part of that is due to the hard work of Dawn and her team. She was always willing to meet with me, and was understanding of the fact that we were planning the wedding from California! Hire her and her team, you won't be sorry!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/24/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dawn was the wedding planner for our daughters wedding on 5/21/16. We did not have to lift a finger on the day of the wedding!! Dawn made sure everything was in place and just the way we wanted it. I highly recommend Dawn, she is warm and friendly and bent over backwards to make our day just perfect!!

Profile Picture Lois, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

When I found Dawn at the Wedding Authority, I knew I found someone who would be as enthusiastic as I was. She was always willing to help me find the perfect spot for our ceremony. She even did not flinch when I freaked out about the courtyard being too small to fit all my guests and easily reorganized the ceremony to fit in the foyer. Dawn put up with so many scatter-brained and panicky phone calls. She put my mind at ease every time and made sure that my husband and I had the wedding we dreamed of. It was a perfect day and I could not have done it without her help. Thank you, Dawn! :)

Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

My husband and I decided last minute to get married on our spring break trip. The Wedding Authority had everything set up for us and ready as soon as we got there. They completely set us at ease and helped us get everything squared away via email and phone conversations. They were very professional and friendly. We felt right at home. Dawn took A TON of pictures for us because we had no photographer. She captured evry moment of the ceremony and also took us outside to get more pictures. Being away from home and getting married was a slightly stressful experience for a bride, but they made us both feel right at home. They took the time to get to know about us first, and even made a hometown connection with us. We would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are planning to make St. Augustine your wedding destination, then look no further for your wedding planner! My mother and I had the opportunity to work with Dawn Walker, who is absolutely AMAZING! Our wedding would not have ran as smoothly as
it did if it wasn't for her expertise. My husband and I were able to actually stop a few times and cherish all the special moments throughout the night because it flowed so well. All night long our guests were telling us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun they were having during the reception. Dawn was such a pleasure to work with and collaborates so well with the other vendors in St. Augustine. Also, she did a fantastic job putting up with our crazy bridal party! That was a job in itself! I feel so thankful and blessed to have had Dawn be a part of our special day. :)

Profile Picture Stacy, 2/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning

OK, I do not know where to even start but I have to say ...AMAZING!!!! Dawn is the best. She has not only become my coordinator but my BESTIE of all BESTIES...We were looking at venues when I met her and even though we did not book our venue at the lightener Museum we gained the Best coordinator anyone could possibly find. Our wedding is in September 2015.. I have no worries as she is handling it all for me. I need anything, SHE has been THERE!!! She knows what I want and understands my quirks ... She works really hard to make sure your day will be exactly the way you want it. I can not wait to brag further after the date.... Feeling sooo relaxed and at peace... Thanks Wedding Authority...

Profile Picture Cary, 9/12/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dawn Walker from The Wedding Authority was our Day of Coordinator and I, as well as my mother, sisters, and husband, could not be more pleased!! The entire process with Dawn from the planning, to the rehearsal, to the day of was just more than I could have ever hoped for. Dawn was sure to capture every detail leading up to the big day and made every, minor detail perfect on the day of. I am positive Dawn did way more behind the scenes than I could have ever imagined. For instance, the lighting I had bought for the table settings as the reception did not end up working and she had a back up plan and was able to get it all together without me even knowing until after the wedding (and it looked absolutely phenomenal). She was a very valuable asset to our wedding day as she helped decorate, get everyone where they needed to be (on time), and made sure that my family and I were completely stress free on wedding day. If she can coordinate a wedding in St. Augustine while the 450th Anniversary of St. Augustine was going on in the background, I am positive she could coordinate anyone's wedding. Dawn is worth any value! She even had an emergency tide-to-go pen when I spilled on my dress AND an emergency sewing kit when my bustle broke. She is incredible and we highly recommend her to any bride and groom!!

Profile Picture Jenni, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews