The Wedding Authority Reviews

The Wedding Authority 5
The Wedding Authority 6
The Wedding Authority 7

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2018

My wedding day just wouldn't have been the same without the help of everyone at The Wedding Authority, from Bill to Carla, to Ashley, and especially Dawn! They are all super prompt at responding to emails. They made us feel like we were their priority the entire time we were planning. Dawn made our wedding day flow so smooth and easy for us. I would 100% recommend The Wedding Authority team to help plan your wedding! (Total cost was for Lightner Museum courtyard, city permit, and day of event coordinator ($2,385)...worth every penny!)

Kristen · Married on 03/25/2018

Dawn Walker was amazing and truly helped me when I was over it and did not want to plan anymore. Brittany was fantastic the day of and I had a great team overall.

Kelly · Married on 01/20/2018

Working with Carla and her team was amazing. They are on top of anything that needs to be done and made planning a breeze. A friendly group of people to work with. Carla will not steer you wrong!

Carleen · Married on 12/09/2017

The wedding authority team made my wedding effortless for day of planning and they provided only the best vendors to work with that were in our budget and the friendliest people to hire for our wedding day. Carla and Ashley were patient, knowledgeable and only the best at what they do. As a Bride, you always worry your vision won't be the reality when you walk into the venue after leaving something to someone else to do for you but that was not the case, it was better than expected. We can't thank them enough for their services and time that made our event so special.

The Wedding Authority 8
    The Wedding Authority 9
    The Wedding Authority 10
    The Wedding Authority 11
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 11/24/2017

Finally, after 4 months of wedded bliss, I have to accept that my picture-perfect day has come to the end! Where to even begin? Bill came highly recommended from a family friend, whom he officiated their wedding. Bill was so warm and friendly and we couldn't wait to have him marry us. When everywhere was falling short of what I was looking for to outfit our groomsmen, Carla fell from heaven. She was exactly what I needed! While all of our groomsmen were out of town, Carla fit my groom, and both of our fathers. She gave great directions on how to get everyone else measured. She even drove to my house to deliver a custom alteration for my husband. Coogan was so helpful in making sure everything was order with all of the groomsmen. Carla pulled suit after suit, and every fabric sample and swatch under the sun to make sure we got it perfect. From pick up two days early due to having our wedding the day after Thanksgiving, to dropping them off after the wedding, The Wedding Authority was perfect. Bill and Carla are a wonderful couple to work with, and reminded me why this town is so perfect.

The Wedding Authority 12
    The Wedding Authority 20
    The Wedding Authority 21
  • Patience

Patience · Married on 10/07/2017

Carla and her husband were so great to work with! They both were incredibly sweet and helpful. It was everything we had dreamed of!

Thea · Married on 10/01/2017

Ms. Carla and her staff were amazing. They met and exceeded our needs. From begining to end they were there for us every step of the way. Our wedding was beautiful and exactly what we dreamed it would be! They are wonderful!

Daria · Married on 09/16/2017

The Wedding Authority got us through a difficult "hurricane wedding" without missing a beat. Carla Young kept us well- informed, sometimes hourly, We were able to have the wedding and it all went as planned, which truly represents their ability to handle anything.
    Bill Young was the officiant and performed a beautiful ceremony. We could not have asked for more.
    I highly recommend them.

Anja Barbara · Married on 07/15/2017

This is truly a top notch establishment. Bill and Carla are just amazing to work with. Bill Young officiated our ceremony in Miami and made us feel so very comfortable and I was nervous! Bill's ability to put you at ease is second to none. The ceremony was perfect and I couldn't have imagined it without him as our officiant. You will not regret going through the Wedding Authority for any of your wedding needs, they are just amazing and their service is on point!

Tracey · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Dawn was wonderful. She was so accommodating and easy to talk to and talking about exactly what we wanted. She helped us choose vendors from a long distance as well as helped us book cake tastings. caterer tastings, looking at the reception venue and choosing a videographer, makeup/hair artist and all the other choices needed for our day. It made all of our choices so easy and when we traveled up to St Augustine our whole day was planned by vendor meetings. It made each trip to St Augustine a great weekend get away as well as getting our checklist completed. Dawn was also so helpful on our wedding day and rehearsal. I could really enjoy the day and not stress about the little problems.

Calee · Married on 04/22/2017

Dawn and Carla were attentive and made planning a destination wedding easy. They kept everything organized and on schedule. Everyone enjoyed themselves and were able to relax at the reception. Thank you for all your hard work!

Kristen · Married on 03/18/2017

Carla is worth her weight in gold. She did a fantastic job keeping everything on track for my wedding and we had exactly the wedding celebration we wanted.

Alyson · Married on 01/21/2017

Dawn was amazing! She is really sweet and will sit down and talk with you about every detail to become one with your vision. They are on point when it comes to communicating with ALL of your vendors to make sure they are on top of their responsibilities as well. She definitely made my day less stressful and created the look I wanted for the ceremony/reception venue without bothering me for the details. The day of is all about you, and Dawn truly made my day and decor unforgettable!!

Amanda · Married on 01/14/2017

Owners were amazing to work with. She is so on point. Kept everyone together and things rolling. It was everything I ever dreamed of. Got married in the chapel and it was beautiful. Simple and Elegant. Very happy with the venue and exceptionally affordable especially in St Augustine.

Nicole · Married on 01/14/2017

It was great working with Bill Young, our Officiant for our wedding January 14, 2017. I did not use any of the other services The Wedding Authority had to offer as our venue, The White Room had wedding planning packages. The entire staff was great although most of our communication was through email as our wedding was out of town. Their responses were quick and timely.
    We will definitely use Bill again when we decide to renew our vow!! Now all Jason and I need to do is ring the bell next time we visit St. Augustine, which is usually several times a year.

• User4428423 · 1+ year ago

I gave the Wedding Authority as a wedding present to a special couple. I can't say enough wonderful things about Carla and Dawn. Their knowledge, professionalism, and organization skills are amazing. They made this day amazing for everyone. I highly recommend calling them to plan your wedding your day will be extra special!

• User4428423 · event on: 12/31/2011

Bill and Carla are total professionals. We had our 25th re-commitment ceremony and celebration in the court yard and La Sala room. The setting was perfect. I want to do this every year!!! Love the Wedding Authority!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2014

The Wedding Authority's reply:

Whoo hoo!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, we are so happy that we got to do your re commitment after 25 amazing years! Wishing you another great 25 years!

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Wedding Authority. We met Carla first who guided us into making our decision on a venue. We immediately connected and chose the wedding authority for day of coordinator. We worked with Dawn, who is AMAZING! When it came to choosing tuxes and an officiant we went right to the wedding authority and worked with coogin and Bill! I cannot express how amazing everyone was and truly made my day special. Everyone felt like family and made the day truly relaxing!

Stacy · Married on 10/22/2016

Dawn with the Wedding Authority was absolutely amazing and worth every dime! I would have been SO unprepared and out of my mind without her! If you're thinking about skipping having a day-of coordinator - DON'T. This was the BEST thing I could have had for my wedding. Thank you Dawn!!!

Allison · Married on 09/24/2016

I worked with Dawn for over a year planning our wedding. She was always responsive via email or text. She is so busy with other weddings but still makes you feel special. Our wedding day was literally the best day ever, and a large part of that is due to the hard work of Dawn and her team. She was always willing to meet with me, and was understanding of the fact that we were planning the wedding from California! Hire her and her team, you won't be sorry!

Lois · Married on 05/21/2016

Dawn was the wedding planner for our daughters wedding on 5/21/16. We did not have to lift a finger on the day of the wedding!! Dawn made sure everything was in place and just the way we wanted it. I highly recommend Dawn, she is warm and friendly and bent over backwards to make our day just perfect!!

Cheryl · Married on 04/16/2016

When I found Dawn at the Wedding Authority, I knew I found someone who would be as enthusiastic as I was. She was always willing to help me find the perfect spot for our ceremony. She even did not flinch when I freaked out about the courtyard being too small to fit all my guests and easily reorganized the ceremony to fit in the foyer. Dawn put up with so many scatter-brained and panicky phone calls. She put my mind at ease every time and made sure that my husband and I had the wedding we dreamed of. It was a perfect day and I could not have done it without her help. Thank you, Dawn! :)

Laura · Married on 04/04/2016

My husband and I decided last minute to get married on our spring break trip. The Wedding Authority had everything set up for us and ready as soon as we got there. They completely set us at ease and helped us get everything squared away via email and phone conversations. They were very professional and friendly. We felt right at home. Dawn took A TON of pictures for us because we had no photographer. She captured evry moment of the ceremony and also took us outside to get more pictures. Being away from home and getting married was a slightly stressful experience for a bride, but they made us both feel right at home. They took the time to get to know about us first, and even made a hometown connection with us. We would recommend them to anyone.

Stacy · Married on 02/13/2016

If you are planning to make St. Augustine your wedding destination, then look no further for your wedding planner! My mother and I had the opportunity to work with Dawn Walker, who is absolutely AMAZING! Our wedding would not have ran as smoothly as
    it did if it wasn't for her expertise. My husband and I were able to actually stop a few times and cherish all the special moments throughout the night because it flowed so well. All night long our guests were telling us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun they were having during the reception. Dawn was such a pleasure to work with and collaborates so well with the other vendors in St. Augustine. Also, she did a fantastic job putting up with our crazy bridal party! That was a job in itself! I feel so thankful and blessed to have had Dawn be a part of our special day. :)