The Velvet Touch Events | Event Planning & Decor Reviews

14 | Ypsilanti, MI

14 Reviews for The Velvet Touch Events | Event Planning & Decor

Ashleigh · Married on 06/02/2018

Amber did the floral and decor for my June 2nd wedding. I gave her the vibe I was going for and she definitely delivered! My floral arrangements and the decor for my cocktail hour and reception were gorgeous! I mean everything was perfect! One of the best investments I made for my wedding was hiring The Velvet Touch Events.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Katie · Married on 08/13/2011

I hired Amber and her team for their Day-of services and they went above and beyond! Amber kept me on track the minute I hired her and was there until the last guest left. I mean what other wedding planner will bring the bridal party McDonalds while they are getting their hair and make-up done?! I highly recommend Velvet Touch Events to any bride who is looking for a perfect wedding day, worry free! Thank you Amber!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Tiffany · Married on 08/12/2011

I would recommend all brides to hire a wedding planner. Amber at Velvet Touch Events provided me with all the things I needed (some I didn't realize I needed) on my big day. The entire team was very helpful providing support to myself and the entire bridal party by keeping us on schedule and assisting in every way imaginable. This helped me to relax and enjoy what became one of the greatest days of my life.

Thanks Amber!!!

Sent on 08/26/2011

Joia · Married on 07/22/2011

The Velvet Touch Events exceeded my expectations to the fullest extent possible! They did a great job with bringing my modern theme wedding to life! Everything was simply beautiful and words cannot express how greteful I am for their services.

Sent on 07/25/2011
  • Ambyr

Ambyr · Married on 06/11/2011

Amber and her staff were exceptional. It was important that we have something beautiful, whimsical and eco-chic that didn’t break our piggy bank. She listened to my vision and created something that was perfect for our occasion and worked within our budget. She was accommodating and came to me for a face-to-face as well as had staff on hand to decorate after the ceremony space was switched over in to the reception space. The finished product was beautiful.

Sent on 07/27/2011
  • F

Noël · Married on 10/10/2010

Wow, what can't I say about Amber and her team?!?! Now, almost a year later I still remember vividly all of the help that she gave me and my family during a really crazy time. She's a busy gal, but ALWAYS makes time for me! When we met, we decided on an outdoor wedding, but I didn't want a backyard bbq. I told her that I wanted an elegant affair that happened to be outside. I had NO IDEA how she could take some discussed ideas and a few photos from magazines and give me an amazingly gorgeous wedding in our budget! She was so good with the details that we switched to fresh flowers when we couldn't find suitable silks without a change to the budget!

If you meet Amber, you'll get hooked - she has such a great personality and you can tell that she works hard for her business and her family. Those photos on her website are REAL, even my wedding made it there too so I can verify it :) I never thought I would need a wedding/event planner, but now every time a friend is getting married, I tell them to get one and will always recommend the Velvet Touch Events. They took care of everything and were good to provide updates and ask for my input to give me a better wedding than I could have done myself.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Meghan · Married on 09/04/2010

After first meeing with Amber I knew that I wanted to work with her for my wedding. I hired her as a day of wedding coordinator. She is very organized, responsive and profession. She helped me stay at ease during the whole process, and called me frequently just to make sure that I was ok and to see if I needed any help. Once I saw more of Amber's decor work, I decided to also have her assisnt in my ceremony decorations as well as create a memorial tree for my father. Over our time together I viewed Amber as not only a vendor but a great friend! She made my wedding day more special than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 10/11/2010

Caitlyn · Married on 08/28/2010

Amber was amazing! She was super affordable and created my dream wedding. When I walked into my reception hall, all I could see where my beautiful table centerpieces! She was great to work with and went over and beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Natika · Married on 08/14/2010

Amber is amazing. Her visions for my day were spectacular. If you think it she can build it, I guess that's the engineer in her. My guest were amazed at the decor and I knew no one had ever seen anything like it before. She and her staff were also very timely and made sure that the day ran smoothly. The wedding started on time and everyone was where they were supposed to be. The Velvet Touch is the best I would use them over and over again for any upcoming events.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Marcia · Married on 07/03/2010

Amber was very responsive to my needs. I was not sure that I needed a wedding planner because I am usually a hand-on person. However, I did need Amber. She made my special day (and my rehearsal dinner) go very smoothly and kept me on track. It was truly a bargain, when I see how much work that she put into my wedding. Thank you again, Amber!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Kayla · Married on 06/19/2010

Amber and her team are fantastic. I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Rhoda · Married on 03/13/1999

The Velvet Touch provided exceptional service to me. I felt like I was their most important client! Their creativity, professionalism, willingness to work with my budget were outstanding!

Sent on 03/19/2010

Devonna · Married on 06/27/1995

This Velvet Touch Event Planning & Decor company is a blessing to any bride. They are creative, organized and totally in the business of keeping the bride stress free. They have provided services for my first wedding that were outstanding. Because of that, I referred this company to other brides, who in turned loved their services as well. I liked them so much, I decided to get married a second time to use their services! :-)

Sent on 03/03/2010

The Velvet Touch Events | Event Planning & Decor's reply:

Thank you Devonna! 2nd time's a charm! ;)

Peggy · Married on 06/26/2010

Our event was a bat mitzvah for my daughter with a luncheon following our Saturay services. Amber Kirkland was a very professional & responsive planner. She understood we had a limited budget and came up with various ways to control the cost. She was always pleasant to work with and flexible. I would recommend her to others.

Sent on 07/02/2010