111 Reviews for The Proper Setting LLC

Partial Planning (2)
Non-Religious (2)
Civil (1)
111 The Proper Setting LLC Reviews

Kerri was excellent throughout the entire process and knows the ins and outs of having a wedding in OBX. Besides assisting with preparatory planning the week/day of went off perfectly making the lead up as stress free as possible.

Profile Picture Matt, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri was amazing! She put all of my worries to ease and helped me every step along the way. She was always available to answer my questions (and I had a lot of them) and thought of every detail. I was completely stress free on my wedding day, thanks to Kerri and The Proper Setting, and had the best day of my life. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where to begin? Kerri Catino-Nason with The Proper Setting was a dream! She made our day so uniquely perfect and special and we are forever grateful for our time spent with her. Our wedding was a destination wedding, which can be somewhat nerve wrecking not having the opportunity to meet with every vendor, but we found so much comfort having Kerri managing our every detail. She is organized, responsive, detail oriented, professional, easy going, fun loving, and overall outstanding! There is something about Kerri that makes you feel like everything is and will be taken care of. She had a clear understanding of our vision and paid close attention to every detail that was important to us. The day of the wedding I had no concerns and truly felt calm and relaxed because I knew Kerri had everything under control. She made our day flawless and perfect in every single way possible. We will cherish our time spent with Kerri and we would recommend her to anyone planning to get married in the Outer Banks. She is the best!

Profile Picture Noelle, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We cannot say enough great things about Kerri and her team. She helped us with all details and questions before the wedding and provided us with recommendations of incredible vendors...who were all amazing. On our wedding day, she was priceless. I did not worry about one thing that morning. It was literally the perfect day!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri is absolutely fantastic! She is very organized and attentive to details. She literally was our saving grace! Hiring Kerri was worth every penny. I couldn’t imagine planning a destination wedding without her by our side. Everything was fabulous on the day of the wedding. It was exactly what we dreamed.

If you are in the midst of planning a wedding on the OBX. You must hire Kerri!!! I promise you regret it!!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Living in Chapel Hill, I can't even imagine how I could have planned my Outer Banks wedding without Kerri. She was amazing, helping with everything from the houses we rented to the vendors we used. We said we wanted a magical night - and that is exactly what we got. Everything went exactly as planned (when does that ever happen?) and our guests repeatedly told us it was "the best wedding ever." Thank you, Kerri!!!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri Catino-Nason, The Proper Setting LLC, made our day perfect! She made every aspect of planning our wedding so much more convenient and removed a lot of the stress involved with 'The Big Day'. She followed all guidelines set forth in our business contract and provided us with all of the services we paid for. She was quickly responsive to all phone calls, emails, and text messages we sent, regardless of how busy her wedding season schedule was during that time. She made us feel like we were her priority even though we knew how busy she was with other clients as well. She met all deadlines with all other vendors and coordinated all phone calls and meetings that were scheduled. She provided a full detailed wedding budget and ensured we were still getting all of our must-have details while staying in that budget. Even though we live quite a long distance from the Outer Banks, her services made us feel like we were in the area and planning our day ourselves. On the day of the wedding she made sure all participants and vendors in the event were following the timeline and schedule of the day and she really made our day perfect! We could not have made this day as amazing as it was without her and I would highly recommend her services to anyone who was considering a planner for their special day.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri was simply outstanding. Her sense of what works, her collection of trusted vendors, her style, and her attention to detail made me relax and leave the details to her. As the father of the bride, I wanted the best day possible for my daughter -- and we got that and more. And, as a corporate event planner, I know how the little things matter. Kerri gets this, and, even with a hurricane in the area, she had me relaxed and confident. I'd use her again (but NO more weddings for my daughter).

Profile Picture Bill, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do we start!?!!? Kerri from the Proper Setting is the epitome of what one can hope for in planning the most important day of your life. It is easy to get overwhelmed by all that is involved in planning a wedding, but the Proper Setting somehow makes all the pieces fall in place. Our experience was better than "best in class" and the end product was a true testament to Kerri's professionalism and vision. Our family and friends have said to us on numerous occasions "how did you guys put together such a beautiful wedding?".... Our answer every time is "Kerri"!

Profile Picture Jeff & Julie, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Keri was absolutely awesome for my daughter's wedding in September. I wasn't sure about hiring a wedding planner, but OMG, thank GOD I hired Keri. I forgot how many details there are for destination weddings. My daughter had 4 parties in 2.5 days. So, we needed a ton of help finding a venue, catering, Dj, photographer, decorator, officiant, ceremony music, cake vendor, etc. She met with us and immediately established our needs to recommend preferred vendors in the OBX. She made all the calls to get the ball rolling and continued to be in contact and follow up with all the vendors. She created a spreadsheet with a timeline as well as a vendor spreadsheet with costs and services. She followed up for over a year with us through the planning process. When it came down to 2 weeks prior to the wedding, she was taking initiative to reach out to all the vendors to ensure they were on target with dates, times etc. I didn't have to follow up. The day prior we had the rehearsal and she handled all the details. Wedding day... I didn't need to follow up with anyone. She did it all. I had the opportunity to relax and enjoy my daughter's wedding after 14 months of planning. Thanks Keri for all your help, keeping us moving and making the process enjoyable. Most of all, thank you for taking care of all the details the day of the wedding so I could enjoy my daughter's wedding :)

Profile Picture deb, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We reached out to The Proper Setting to get an idea of options for our September wedding in Avon, NC. I enjoy the planning part of things, so I wasn’t sure I wanted or needed the help, but I’m so glad that we contacted Kerri. The service was more than we originally wanted to spend, but it was well worth the cost as were not distracted by any details the day of the wedding – and neither were any of our guests.

During our planning we visited a few vendors in Avon and unfortunately we were unable to meet up with Kerri in person due to unforeseen circumstances. I mention this because although we never met face to face until a few days prior to the wedding we never felt concerned – at all. Kerri is very thorough and detail oriented and we were always on the same page. We had regular calls and she made sure we knew she was available if we had any concerns. In fact when we finally met, it was as if we’d known each other for quite some time.

The day of the wedding went smoothly. We met Kerri at our site to take care of a few details when we realized a vendor did not deliver all items as planned. There was no panic from Kerri, but absolutely a sense of urgency and that became a priority (and was quickly resolved). We were able to leave the venue hours before the ceremony and feel really good about all of the details coming together. Sure enough, when we arrived for the ceremony and reception went smoothly and we were never distracted.

If getting married was an annual thing, we’d book Kerri every time. She is such a pleasure to work with and very happy with all of her support. Thanks Kerri!

Profile Picture Bobby, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri was great! The perfect complement and coordinator for all the vendors in the OBX. She made planning an out of town wedding easy, and all of the planning paid off in a wonderful wedding day without worry. With her lawyer background, she is meticulous, organized, forthcoming with ideas, and assertive when necessary....the kind of wedding planner you want! Her timelines were crucial to getting ourselves on track and bringing our vision to reality. It was great to not have to do much of anything regarding vendors or logistics on the big day. Highly recommend. Thank you!

Profile Picture Tricia, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri is the BEST!!! She is full of knowledge and had so many great recommendations that helped make my wedding day beyond perfect. She is so organized and makes sure everything runs smoothly so that your wedding day can actually be enjoyable. It rained the whole day of my wedding and once the call was made to move things indoors, she took care of everything! I never once felt stressed and trusted her with everything. She definitely didn't let us down! Everything turned out perfectly and we are so thankful for her services!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri was amazing from the first day we talked to her to the last second of our wedding day. She was always ready to answer questions and make recommendations without being overbearing. She was the steady voice of reason when I felt overwhelmed and stressed. Our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without her pulling it all together. Lastly, Kerri is so kind and easy to talk to, which is something that I really valued while sharing such an important and personal milestone with her. We are so thankful for everything she did for us!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri is a wonderful wedding planner ! She is extremely knowledgeable, has a great relationship and reputation with all vendors on the outer banks, and she is extremely professional. Our wedding felt flawless because of her! She quickly replied to all of my emails throughout the planning process and really went above and beyond for us on the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend her to any bride!!! You will not regret it. Without her, our wedding would have never been as magical as it was!! :)

Profile Picture Abbey, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri was the first vendor we booked when planning our daughter's wedding and we could not have had such a beautiful event without her. The majority of the vendors we used for the ceremony, flowers, cake, transportation, rentals, food, etc. were recommendations from Kerri and they were definitely the 'A' Team in the Outer Banks! We reaped the benefits of her relationships with the top vendors in the OBX and received VIP level services from each of them. She was easy to work with, very responsive to questions and stayed connected to us throughout the entire process. As helpful as she was with the planning, I feel that her services for the week leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding, is where she was absolutely invaluable. Kerri and her team had control of everything and made sure the entire event ran very smoothly, with little or no work on the part of the bride and mother of the bride. This allowed us to relax and truly enjoy the wedding. Can't say enough about Kerri and her team!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I'll try to keep this relatively short; however, that may be difficult considering all of the wonderful things I have to say about Kerri and her team. I knew I loved Kerri from the start because she offered to meet us at a local wine and beer spot, Trio, in OBX and shared a glass of wine with us during our first meeting. Brownie points there. She was so present and accommodating throughout the entire year of planning; she never missed an email, a phone call, a text. Never. She far exceeded my expectations, truly, and on top of just the planning aspect of the wedding, she was a comforting shoulder, a listening ear, to lean on. She was always offering herself in the event that I felt overwhelmed or stressed. She offered comforting advice as a new mom since I had discovered that I was pregnant only a few months before our wedding. She wasn't one of those pushy, overbearing, loud, obnoxious wedding planners. She has a very calming air about her, something that immediately draws you in. I have to say, I am extremely disappointed that I won't get to work with her anymore, but I will cherish the year that we had together. She's just amazing as is her team. On top of that, she offers the best recommendations on vendors. My wedding was as beautiful and amazing as it was because of her. I would recommend her a million times over.

Profile Picture Kate, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kerri is wonderful, professional, hard working, experienced, kind, punctual and a great listener all of which help to make her an EXTRAORDINARY wedding planner!

If you find yourself shopping around for a planner let me save you the time and effort - you will NOT regret choosing The Proper Setting. I cannot say it enough that Kerri is the most amazing wedding planner. The money you will spend is nothing in comparison to the stress and work that Kerri takes off of your plate as a bride. I was super involved in the planning process and Kerri was very supportive and we worked together perfectly as a team!

From day one Kerri assisted in the wedding planning process. She was amazing during this process and totally understood my vision and worked with me to make our wedding so special. When we had a vendor back out during the planning process she quickly found a solution (which was even better than our original). We knew six months before our wedding that we had chosen the best wedding planner on the Outer Banks!

For our October wedding at Festival Park in Manteo, NC she and her team did a phenomenal job. With close to 300 guests Kerri and her team made our huge wedding a smooth and enjoyable event. It was amazing and I give all credit for the success of the event to The Proper Setting!

Profile Picture Mallory, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I got engaged in Spring of 2015. We immediately knew that we wanted to have a beach wedding and booked our dream beach home venue. Shortly after we were told that we had to talk with Kerri, a wedding planner in the OBX. We set up a conference call and within the first five minutes of speaking with Kerri I felt upbeat, excited about my wedding and put at ease about the entire process. Both of us knew right away that we would be booking with her. She immediately provided us with time lines of when we should be doing what and a general plan. We had monthly calls and email communication that we genuinely looked forward to. Kerri wanted to know more about us as a couple and individuals to help us plan our wedding and to help fine the best vendors for us. We live in DC and to my surprise we only made ONE TRIP during that entire year and a half down to OBX. In that time Kerri organized our cake tasting, 3 catering tastings, meetings with our officiant and a visit to the house. We never questioned if working with Kerri was a good fit for us and the fact that we only had to haul down there once was a huge help on our budget, time and sanity. The overall process was seamless and truly enjoyable. She worked with us to create a budget and stay within it. She constantly kept us in check with what our vision was and what was truly important about us for our day. She constantly went above and beyond with communications with our vendors, organizing our contracts, receiving multiple shipments of items for our event and just being the anchor of our wedding. Each of our vendors that Kerri helped us choose were remarkable people and provided remarkable services. Kerri has truly become a part of our new family and we now look forward to our trips down to the OBX to relive the memories of our wedding and to visit our new OBX family. Thank you Kerri and The Proper Setting for giving us the wedding of our dreams and being incredible people every step of the way.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The words stress-free & wedding planning usually do not go hand in hand. But that is exactly what our experience was simply because of Kerri. From our very first conversation, Kerri knew what we were looking for even though we had no idea and assured us she'd find exactly what we wanted. She did that and SO MUCH MORE. Kerri brought it all together with absolutely no stress. Kerri took care of it all. If we ran into a glitch, we would email Kerri and the next thing we knew, it was taken care of. I quickly realized I didn't even need to ask how it was taken care of because I learned very quickly that "taken care of" meant taken care of the best way possible so no need to even put thought or concern into it. The day of the rehearsal when Tropical Storm Julia was announced to be visiting the OBX, Kerri reassured us that if at any way possible, our daughter's outdoor wedding would happen and if that just couldn't happen, she had a Plan B, C and D. And this was the true test of the stress-free wedding that I was talking about. Here we were facing a tropical storm and Kerri was totally calm, cool and collected and she hugged my daughter and assured her that she was 100% in control of whatever came our way and would take care of it. And that is EXACTLY what she did. She worked with the decorator to set up Plan B for the reception (which turned out perfect) and she told us that she was getting our daughter and her fiancé married on that dock, out in the middle of the sound, if there was any way possible. We braced for the worst and got the best!!! Despite a huge storm the night before the wedding, we had a perfect wedding day and Kerri's positively calming voice and professional, caring approach with everything seriously made us relaxed about everything that was happening around us and we had the best wedding day ever.

Profile Picture Veronica, 9/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When my now-husband and I decided to have a destination wedding in the Outer Banks, we had no idea where to start since we weren't from the area. We chose to contact Kerri solely from her perfect reviews, and I'm so glad that we did. She helped us every step of the way, from choosing our stunning venue, hooking us up with the most amazing vendors to calming my nerves with multiple alternative arrangements in case the weather didn't cooperate with our outdoor plans. Her kind personality and her professional demeanor made me look forward to our planning sessions and I was actually very sad that I wouldn't be in regular contact with her after the wedding was over. Kerri has a true gift for coordination and she is committed to giving you a no-stress wedding. Any problem or concern that I emailed her about, she responded with "I'll handle it" and that gave me such peace of mind for my wedding day. I truly trusted that no matter what unexpected thing happened on the wedding day, Kerri would be able to handle it and still make the wedding flawless. I can't thank her enough for making the wedding of my dreams turn into a reality. My guests told me over and over that this was the nicest wedding that they have ever been to and it would not have been possible without Kerri! If you're looking for a coordinator, please don't waste a minute looking elsewhere because Kerri is truly the best!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We started the planning process for our daughter's OBX wedding interviewing several event planners. Our last interview was with Kerri Catino-Nason. I sure wish we started with her because she just blew us away with her simple yet extremely professional presentation. From the outset, Kerri offered suggestions and ideas we had not considered and this was even before we formally engaged her services.
It quickly became apparent to us that we made the right decision. Whenever we spoke to a potential vendor during the early stages of the process, we were asked "who is your planner?". When we would simply respond Kerri without mentioning her last name or her company name, the vendors all responded with a smile and the statement "she's the best!"
Every bit of advice was spot-on. Her vendor recommendations always came with choices and pros and cons about each. When issues arose, she provided sound guidance.
As the big day approached, Kerri actually moved to an even higher level. Her organization and coordination of all of the vendors left my wife and I the time to really enjoy ourselves and our daughter's wedding rather than worry when and how things will get done. Kerri and her assistant Mary worked tirelessly that day, on-site for over 12 hours, ensuring all went as planned. A couple of situations arose that could have been quite problematic but Kerri very quietly and effectively resolved them.
Without question, I strongly encourage you to start your search with Kerri; you won't need to go any further!

Profile Picture Fran, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring The Proper Setting to help plan our wedding was undoubtedly one of the best decisions we made. Since we don't live in OBX, my parents and I were all planning from afar, and Kerri was the perfect person to help us make many of the decisions. Kerri was incredibly well organized and she made sure to keep us on track during the planning process. She was able to recommend some amazing vendors, all of which were just as great to work with as Kerri. Her great working relationships with all the vendors helped to shape the event into exactly what we envisioned. As the bride, I was expecting to be much more stressed out and frantic on my wedding day, but Kerri had everything under control and literally the only thing for me to do was get dressed. It made our weekend that much more enjoyable. Kerri was prepared for anything and everything on the day of the wedding, even to the point of sewing my dress back together when the clasp popped open. We were so lucky to have had her as part of such an amazing day. Thanks Kerri and the Proper Setting team!!! :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Kerri and her team! We planned a wedding on the Outer Banks from the Washington, DC area and I am confident we never would have been able to pull it off without her help! She introduced us to some of the most amazing vendors and expertly helped us navigate all the details of planning a destination wedding. Every single time I spoke with her, she had a way of putting my crazy bride mind at ease and putting me back on track and each time I walked away even more confident that we made the right decision in planning a destination wedding in such a magical location and I am 100% certain Kerri was instrumental in that process. And on the day of the wedding (and our rehearsal, which she helped with as well), she ran everything so expertly that literally I had to do was show up and enjoy every moment, knowing that Kerri and her team had everything under control and were executing my & my husband's vision exactly as we wanted it! It's been almost a month and I field comments daily from our family & friends about how perfect the wedding was and, more specifically, how amazing our planner was! We want to go back and do it all over again but I would never dream of doing this without Kerri! Seriously - you will NOT be sorry if you hire her - you'll only be sorry if you don't!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals