The Portable Powder Room Reviews

41 Reviews for The Portable Powder Room

• Samantha

Samantha N Czapkay · Getting married on 05/13/2021

Very professional and friendly

She was very quick to respond. Set up a call right away to speak about my needs. Is very understanding of my lack of experience hiring a makeup and hair artist. I am excited to work with her and see what she can do!

Sent on 05/26/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Samantha, you are so sweet to leave me this review even before your services! I can't wait to meet you! xoxo
  • Alex

Alex Duncan · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful Experience From Beginning To End!

Heather and her entire team are fantastic. As someone who doesn't normally wear a lot of makeup, Heather made sure I still felt like myself and created a look for me that I absolutely fell in love with. She is unbelievably kind, professional and has an amazing team that made my bridesmaids feel amazing as well. If you're a more natural bride that is nervous about makeup on your special day, HIRE HER! You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/12/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Alex or should I say Mrs. Duncan! Thank you so much for the kind review! You were an amazing Bride and I thank you for trusting me! I wish you and your other half many healthy, happy days ahead. :)

Rowan · Married on 01/02/2020

Highly recommend!

Heather was amazing! As someone who rarely wears makeup I was worried about not looking like myself on my wedding day. Heather did such a great job addressing my worries. She made me feel so confident and really feel like myself on my wedding day. Also, as someone with the worlds frizziest hair, she got my hair to stay styled all night even through the rain & humidity! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/18/2020

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Rowan, Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you! I am so happy you had a great experience! Congrats to you and your husband!

Meagan F. · Married on 12/31/2019

The perfect compliment to my day!

Heather was such a great choice for my small and intimate wedding day. She was so personable, collaborative and talented - I absolutely loved my hair and make-up! She made me and my family feel extremely special and for that I am so grateful. Heather was amazing!!

Sent on 01/21/2020

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you! Loved getting to know you and your family. I know you are going to have many happy days ahead of you with your new family and husband! Best Wishes to you all!

Ali Nichols · Married on 11/24/2019

Working with Heather was wonderful!

I'm so grateful to have found Heather and had the chance to work with her for our wedding. I don't usually wear make up so finding someone who prioritizes a natural look was most important to me. Heather was incredible! She helped me feel like the best version of myself. We originally booked with the Minimalist Bride option, which is truly one of the best values I have ever seen! It was a perfect option for some relying on an expert to help them get ready for their big day with a beautiful, natural look. We ultimately ended up booking her full services for the ability to further customize for my bridal party, and Heather was a champ through all the changes. More than anything, I'm very grateful for Heather's commitment to natural beauty and helping me look as radiant as I felt on my wedding day. Please do yourself a favor and book with Heather - you will love working with her!

Sent on 12/09/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so grateful to have been part of your day, thank you! You were a sweetie to work with and you looked gorgeous!!
  • KJ Brown

KJ Brown · Married on 11/03/2019

Kate is an angel

I found portable powder room through websites and reviews because I was looking for someone who honestly wasn’t going to charge me an arm and a leg and my first born and after reviewing photos and talking with heather I knew this was the right choice. I didn’t have Heather do my hair although she was my main contact person in which she was super responsive and helpful! I had kate do my hair and I absolutely love her! I did my hair trial at her house and she was welcoming and super laid back and did an outstanding job of breezing through nine girls and making it look easy and perfect! She’s so funny and made everyone feel comfortable in what they wanted done. Thank you heather and kate!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

KJ! Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! Kate is amazing and I am glad it was a great fit for you. So glad your experience was excellent! Congrats!
  • Mandy

Mandy Seay · Married on 04/13/2019

Heather is the best!

I can't say enough about Heather, she has a very calming, sweet, nurturing vibe. She helped me find a vision for what i wanted for my wedding when i wasn't 100% sure. She made me look and feel beautiful and did a fantastic job for my wedding party too.

Sent on 06/12/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Mandy, Thank you so much for the kind review! I loved creating your bridal look for you an wish you both a happy future!
  • Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 02/23/2019

Heather was a dream to work with

Hiring Heather was one of the most important decisions I made while planning my wedding. I was originally in contact with a much larger beauty company, but I wasn’t in love with the corporate and impersonal feel they had. That’s when I contacted Heather, and from the moment I talked to her on the phone I knew she was the one. She is incredibly personable, warm, and sweet, and she truly cares so much about creating a look you love. The day of my trial and the day of my wedding, I felt more beautiful than I ever have before. This is because Heather created a look that not only highlighted my best features, but truly reflected my personality and style. Heather did all my bridesmaids’ makeup too, and she tailored each girl’s look to her own personality and taste. I think that’s the difference between a good makeup artist and a great makeup artist. Heather really knows how create a look that feels like YOU, but better. Heather’s assistant, Celeste, did our hair. Celeste did an amazing job, and everyone’s hair looked perfect. Our hair and makeup held up all night through eating, drinks, dancing, and everything else. We got our hair and makeup done at 10am, and we walked out of the venue at midnight still looking amazing. I couldn’t recommend Heather and Celeste more highly.

Sent on 03/26/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Bonnie! I am about to cry! What kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your experience and could feel how passionate I am about what I do for you beauties. I wish you only the best and a happy healthy future with Mr. Roma!
  • Cayla

Cayla Morrow · Married on 01/04/2019

Heather was awesome!!!

Heather was awesome! She did my (bride) hair and makeup trial, my day-of hair and makeup, and my MOH hair and makeup the day of the wedding. She was so kind and considerate, and made sure that my look was exactly how I wanted it every step of the way. I'm a people pleaser, and don't wear makeup on a regular basis, but Heather said so many times "Don't worry about telling me you want to change something, I want to make you look how YOU want to look." But at the same time, she had great suggestions for when I was unsure about certain aspects of my makeup. I got so many compliments that night, THANK YOU Heather!!!

Sent on 01/13/2019

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Cayla! Thank you so much for your kind review! I loved everything about your wedding it was so beautiful and very creative. I wish you and your hubby the best!
  • Kaysie

Kaysie · Married on 10/13/2018

Better than I could've imagined experience

I don't know what I would've done without Heather and The Portable Powder Room! Her calming demeanor and extreme attentiveness resulted in a better outcome than I could've imagined on my wedding day. I wasn't able to do a trial run, but she stopped and asked questions throughout to ensure I was comfortable and happy with where the look was going. The prices are very reasonable, and Heather was always quick to respond to any questions that I had prior to the big day. Brooke did hair and make up for other members of the bridal party and did a fabulous job as well. I highly recommend their services and can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kaysie,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience! You are so beautiful and sweet! Thank you!

xoxo,
    Heather
  • Lainey

Lainey Carlton · Married on 10/13/2018

Portable Powder Room made me look STUNNING!

Heather and her team were AMAZING! We had the Portable Powder Room do hair and makeup for myself (the bride), my mother, and my two co-MOHs and couldn’t have been happier. Heather listened to exactly what I wanted for my wedding day look and made it happen. I normally don’t wear a lot of makeup so still feeling natural and like myself was a huge priority for me and Heather made me the most beautiful and enhanced version of myself. She also was so flexible as I worked through the day of timeline with her and I love her commitment to cruelty free products. On top of all of that, Heather checked in with me multiple times leading up to the wedding, making sure I felt comfortable and is just overall such a kind and caring person. I cannot recommend Heather more highly! Thanks, Portable Powder Room!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Lainey,

It was a pleasure taking care of you and your party! You are sooo sweet! Thank you so much for the kind review, It means so much! I loved your wedding pictures!

xoxo,
    Heather

marissa · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot say emphatically enough how incredible Heather and her team were to work with! I had a squad of 17 bridesmaids for a wedding in Dripping Springs and she made sure that each and every one of us looked beautiful in exactly the way they wanted ☺️

My hair and makeup looked natural and beautiful and stayed all night even through a outdoor July wedding!

Do yourself a favor and work with Heather ☺️

Sent on 07/19/2018

Kaylie · Married on 06/22/2018

Heather is absolutely amazing! My hair and makeup was the only thing I was worried about and it came out so perfect. I was a happy bride! I will 100% recommend her to everybody.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Thank you so much Kaylie! I wish you and your husband the best! Xoxo

Miranda · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you so much Heather! I was so incredibly happy with how everything turned out!! Thanks so much! I really feel everything was just perfect I can’t thank you enough!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Thank you Miranda!! You were gorgeous and I am so happy you were happy with your experience! xoxo

Lexi · Married on 05/19/2018

Heather was the best stylist for my wedding in so many different ways. I did a lot of research on a wedding stylist who could do both hair and makeup and would also travel in the Texas Hill Country, and Heather met all those needs! Her prices and travel fees are super reasonable, and she doesn't require a high number of services either. I booked and paid in full nine months before my wedding, and each time I reached out to ask questions or send quotes, she always responded promptly. Heather also arrived at my venue 15 minutes early to set-up and brought with her all the pictures and information I had sent her (we didn't do trials). She took her time with each member of my party, and she did her absolute best to make everyone happy. Lastly, not only did my hair and makeup look flawless, but they also lasted ALL NIGHT LONG: through the tears and the Texas heat. I would highly recommend Heather to anyone getting married in central Texas.

Sent on 06/01/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Lexi, It makes me so happy that you enjoyed your experience! I wish you and your hubby the best! Many thanks for the kind review! Xoxo

Laura · Married on 05/12/2018

Heather is so professional, she did my wedding's hair and makeup exactly how I wanted it.
    I highly recommend her services, she is very professional and on time.

Sent on 06/02/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Laura! Thank you so much for the kind review! It makes so happy, you were happy! Xoxo

M · Married on 04/14/2018

Heather was amazing ! She made me feel
    very comfortable. I highly recommend her to everyone. Wish I could upload a picture.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Miriah · Married on 04/08/2018

I won the lottery with the Portable Powder Room! Heather and Celeste were absolutely amazing and my hair and make up could not have come out any more perfect. Heather was my main point of contact and was always super responsive. I got married at 11 AM so you can only imagine what time we started getting ready and they were both lovely! I would definitely recommend booking these ladies for your wedding. I had such a great experience!

Sent on 05/17/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Miriah, it was a true pleasure to be part of your day. We enjoyed it so much! Thank you so much for the kind review!

Hanna · Married on 03/22/2018

Heather did so amazing! Loved my hair and make up! Would definitely recommend to families and friends :)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Thank you Hanna for the kind review! Xoxo

Melissa · Married on 02/24/2018

Heather did an absolutely amazing job. My hair and make up were on point ALL day (12p-1am--no lie). I have only had my hair and make up done professionally a couple times but this time definitely takes the cake. I didn't have to do touch ups at all and everything stayed for the duration of the evening. Heather was on time, very polite, efficient, and exceeded any expectations I had. I loved that she wanted to use natural light and did her best to make me look my best for my special day. Any time I need services done she will be my go-to girl! Thanks Heather!! You made this bride and her hubby VERY happy!

Sent on 03/02/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Melissa, That just melts my heart! Thank you so much for this kind review! You were awesome and look beautiful. I wish you and your Hubby the best!

C · Married on 02/14/2018

Heather was absolutely amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup stylist! She arrived promptly, and with a ton of tools and brands of makeup. She has a great commitment to using cruelty-free products which I really appreciate. When she was doing makeup, she made sure to get a sense about what type of look I wanted, and she also asked about the colors that I usually use in my daily makeup routine. She tailored the final look to my skin type and hair as well, so the final product came together beautifully.

Sent on 02/20/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Thank you so much C! You were such a beautiful bride. I wish you and your husband many happy days!

Katrina · Married on 01/20/2018

I cannot brag enough on how wonderful my experience as a bride was with The Portable Powder Room. Heather did my and my bridesmaid's makeup and her colleague Natalie did our hair. The results were nothing short of amazing in every way. We had so much fun with them all day and they got everything absolutely perfect. I highly recommend them as they were very accommodating and very up front and responsive with any questions I had pre-wedding,. Thank you again for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 01/30/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Katrina! You girls were so much fun! I enjoyed being part of your day and I am so happy you enjoyed your services. The pictures are beautiful. Thank you so much for the kind review!

Tatiana · Married on 01/14/2018

Heather did my hair and make up for my wedding last Sunday and I was extremely happy with how beautiful she made me look. It was very natural looking and I honestly felt the like a model bride! Thank you Heather!

Sent on 01/19/2018

The Portable Powder Room's reply:

Thank you Tatiana for the kind review!

Claire · Married on 01/13/2018

Heather was absolutely amazing from the first email exchange until the wedding day. She was flexible and worked with me to make everything happen and even add on services when another vendor dropped out. She helped to make me relax on my wedding day and ensured me that everything would be perfect. The Portable Powder Room is your go to vendor for hair and makeup. I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Sent on 01/31/2018