The Perfect Wedding Maui Reviews

The Perfect Wedding Maui 5
The Perfect Wedding Maui 6
The Perfect Wedding Maui 7

Tanya · Married on 02/05/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Cherise. Choosing her as our wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. During the planning process, she was informative, quick to respond, and so friendly and easy to talk to. She was never pushy and gave us many recommendations for great vendors. She worked closely with my husband (I was the ideas side and he was the implementer) and he just thought she was fabulous. She reminded us of the small details we just didn't think of, and when a two of our vendors had to back out she seamlessly replaced them without stressing us out (and they were fabulous!)
    As for the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly that I completely forgot about all the details and just enjoyed the day and our friends and family.
    I wholeheartedly recommend Cherise and The Perfect Wedding Maui. She is amazing.

Sent on 02/08/2012

The Perfect Wedding Maui's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Tanya. It was truly a pleasure to share the planning of your wedding with you and Lincoln. What a lovely couple you make! Mahalo for choosing The Perfect Wedding and sharing your special day with us. Be happy!

Heather · Married on 11/14/2011

We worked with Cherise for our destination wedding in Maui and I can't tell you how unbelievably amazed we were with her. I read all of the reviews on The Knot and Cherise came very highly recommended on Maui and now that I have had the privilege of working closely with her over the past 9 months, I can see why. I actually realized how great she was in the months leading up to the wedding (1 month ago) but she truly made our day so special.

In the months leading up to our wedding, she would email me almost daily answering all of our questions. She would never let 24 hours go by without responding to something I asked. It really impressed me and she went so far above and beyond to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Because it was a destination wedding...and I'd never been to Maui, she went and photographed the site, met with the restaurant for us, sent pictures of everything we questioned and had a list of A+ vendors that she recommended.

Cherise is such a great coordinator. She exceeded our expectations in every way and I Can't thank her enough for making our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Jocelyn · Married on 10/28/2011

Goodness gracious, Cherise was such a life saver. Because I plan events, I knew that I would need someone to hold down the fort in Hawaii and give us insightful knowledge of things. From day one, she gave us so much support in every possible way. Planning a destination wedding is always a huge risk. You have to find someone that you can trust and rely on to give it to you straight so you can make the most informed decisions possible. During our scouting trip, she took us around the island to look at the locations we were interested in and also introduced us to our florist even before we gave her any money!!! She responded within 24 hours on any question that we had and was incredibly organized. Believe me when I say I would recommend her in a heartbeat. This is coming from a event producer myself who is type A all the way. She impressed me beyond belief!!! And she is an absolute beautiful soul! I adore her. She is an unbelievable pro, and you can’t go wrong with using her at all!!!

Sent on 11/02/2011

The Perfect Wedding Maui's reply:

Thanks Jocelyn! You were amazing to work with. I loved your vision! Congrats on being published. Check it out at

Jane E · Married on 10/15/2011

Cherise was the perfect fit for our family as we planned my daughter’s Maui wedding. Her knowledge and experience made it easy to trust her with decisions made mostly long distance through e-mails and Pinterest exchanges to convey ideas. Cherise was always willing to work with us to give us the wedding of our daughter’s dreams

Sent on 12/29/2017

The Perfect Wedding Maui's reply:

I so loved being a part of your special day! Your daughter made an absolutely stunning bride! Thank you so much for choosing The Perfect Wedding. Congrats on a beautiful wedding and a beautiful union between Kelsey & Carl. Happiness always!

Susanna · Married on 08/17/2011

Cherise planned a very intimate, low-key wedding for us in Maui this past August. She helped us get the officiant we wanted, coordinated the musician and photographer, scheduled the marriage license appointment, helped choose the location, secured the beach permit, and picked out my gorgeous bouquet.

I was going to do my own hair and makeup but Cherise gently suggested that I get pampered that day and I'm so glad she did. It was wonderful to have the hair and makeup artist come to the hotel and Cherise personally delivered the flowers for my hair. Thanks to Cherise, I had a completely stress-free day and my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams.

Cherise is very accomodating and patient and a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/05/2011

Cherise of The Perfect Wedding Maui is an excellent coordinator that I would recommend to anyone planning their wedding in Maui. After having to let go of a previous coordinator from a different company for lack of responsiveness and professionalism, Cherise was a breath of fresh air for me and my fiance. She is very responsive and personable and definitely helps design and coordinate around your personal preferences and with your budget in mind. I sent her my inspiration pictures for various design elements of how I wanted our wedding to look and she helped me to accomplish the look I wanted within our budget. Our wedding turned out better than we could hope for with the only negative being that it went by so quickly that we wished we had more time to enjoy it. Cherise's services are an excellent value and her rates are extremely reasonable. Our wedding was at the Majestic Maui estate which is a beautiful home with an amazing view; though it was quite windy during the ceremony.

Sent on 02/20/2012

The Perfect Wedding Maui's reply:

Thanks so much for your awesome words Jennifer! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding. You're understating when you say it was "windy". That was crazy wind - but you and Tobin were so great and didn't let it bother you one bit. I love that about you! Mahalo.

Jessi · Married on 08/04/2011

Hiring Cherise was the best decision we made for our wedding. She made planning our big day long-distance a breeze! The scenery and floral arrangements were beautiful, our pastor and musician were awesome and Aaron and I could not be happier with Cherise and The Perfect Wedding Maui.

Sent on 12/03/2011

Jarett · Married on 05/04/2011

5 stars aren't enough for Cherise with The Perfect Wedding Maui - she is seriously a wedding planning rock star! Cherise is so sweet, so organized, so helpful, so calm - basically she's amazing.

I was a very unorganized bride and Cherise never seemed stressed or annoyed or irritated with me, she was always encouraging that everything was fine; she gave me multiple options for anything I was unsure about; she made suggestions or had ideas about wedding touches I hadn't thought about that made our day so beautiful.

Besides her amazing demeanor Cherise is so affordable it almost seems unfair to her - the amount of work she does is incredible and she always responded within 24 hours to my numerous numerous e-mails. Additionally, Cherise provides you with a spreadsheet that breaks down your costs so you know where all of your money is going - the spreadsheet is editable so you can play with numbers to see what you can and can't afford.

I honestly feel like there aren't enough ways to say what a wonderful experience I had working with Cherise - by the end of the wedding planning process she wasn't a planner, she was a friend, and if you hire her it will be the best wedding decision you make!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Shelley · Married on 04/11/2011

Cherise with The Perfect Wedding made our wedding planning so easy! I was referred to Cherise through another bride on a destination wedding forum, and after speaking with her, I knew Cherise would be a great fit for us. She is very sweet and laid-back, and she took the stress out of wedding planning.

Although we planned our wedding from 3400 miles away from Maui, Cherise made it a breeze. What I appreciated most about Cherise is that she listened to our desires, and then made suggestions for vendors based upon our wishes. We chose our florist, officiant, limo company, videographer, and even our beach location based upon her recommendations......and we loved them all! We were on a bit of a time crunch for getting our video and pictures back since our home reception was 19 days after our wedding, and Cherise was able to find vendors who were willing to work in that tight window.

Another great trait of Cherise with The Perfect Wedding is that she is very prompt in her communications. Even with the 5 hour time difference between Maui and our home, Cherise always quickly returned either my email or voice message. She even went on vacation before our wedding and emailed me to let me know that, with her vacation contact information!

If you're looking for a Maui wedding planner who is organized, very personable, prompt, affordable, and genuinely interested in helping you fulfill your wedding dreams, Cherise with The Perfect Wedding Maui is a great match. Best wishes!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Vicki · Married on 02/08/2011

Cherise is everything that I was looking for in a wedding coordinator. She is very responsive, organized, accommodating and very resourceful. She allowed me to pick my own vendors. Normally she only works with a list of caters since she said she had some bad experience before. When I came to her, I already booked my cater, Buzz’s catering, and even though she had never worked with them before, she was willing to take a chance and work with them. She helped me great deal from every aspect of the planning details. She totally understand my vision as what I wanted, the look and feel that I am trying to create. She also has a great sense for color. I sent her a copy of our customized wedding invitation which was handmade by my talented friend, and she was able to articulate the colors, a particular shade of orange, and green, so that I would communicate that share of color with other vendors to make the whole decoration part cohesive. She even got a hold of her previous bride asking recommendations of groom’s attire for me. How sweet is that :D We had never been to Maui prior to the wedding, and we definitely wouldn’t have done it without her.
    Also during our cocktail hour, she alone moved the chairs one by one from the ceremony part to the dining area. I am sure she had a sore arm the next day :(

Sent on 03/13/2011

Michael · Married on 01/20/2011

My wife Emily and I were recently married in Maui and could not have been happier with Cherise. We are from Colorado and were extremely nervous about having a destination wedding and how it would turn out.

We called and interviewed 5 wedding coordinators before we decided on Cherise. We primarily used Google to find different coordinators and talked to all of the big ones with fancy websites and insane estimates. Soon after choosing Cherise we realized none of that mattered as she made it seem as if we were her only client. Most of the wedding coordinators we called didn't even get back to us in 24 hours and were very disappointing in getting quotes and estimates back quickly. Cherise responded back within the first 12 hours and was incredibly educated on all of the sites we were considering. Cherise was the obvious choice and didn't just tell us what we wanted to hear to get the initial deposit.

During the planning of our wedding Cherise was on the ball with every detail. She constantly reminded us of deadlines and always called us back within 24 hours if we had questions. She always had an answer to any of our questions and made us feel as if no question was a dumb one. All of the vendors she referred were awesome and understood our needs before our initial interview.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Seriously. Not one issue. All the vendors showed up on time. The site was prepared exactly how we wanted it. The food was incredible. The DJ was perfect. Everyone had an awesome time.

I realize most people write reviews because their experience was either fantastic or horrible and they want to express what happened. We wanted to write this review so that a couple who is struggling to find a wedding coordinator down the road for a destination wedding in Maui will read this and have the same great experience with Cherise that we did. You would be crazy not to put your trust in her.

Sent on 01/26/2011

Tami · Married on 04/07/2010

It's nerve racking planning a wedding from so far away. You can't go about it the same way you would a wedding down the street or even in the next city over. It takes a lot of communication and... faith in the people you hire. And just finding those people, is a daunting task.

I am a planner by nature, but I knew I needed a point person on the island to help me with my April 2010 wedding. I had a list of pretty strict requirements when I set out on my search for a wedding planner: 1) They couldn't break the bank (I had a strict budget) 2) They had to *respect* the budget I was working with even after I hired them (I've heard horror stories about this) 3) They needed to be very prompt with their correspondence (I timed them all), 4) They needed to be even more organized than I was (no small feat) 5) They couldn't charge me a percentage of each vendor they booked (that's a racket and gives coordinators no incentive to keep to your budget) 5) They had to be fairly open with vendors I wanted to work with (no strict lists with only certain people I could hire, and 6) I had to get a good "vibe" from them (after all, I was going to be working with them a lot in the following months). I interviewed a lot of coordinators and not a single one met all my requirements. That was, until I met Cherise at The Perfect Wedding. Even once I hired her, I was still dubious because she seemed too good to be true. However, now that everything is said and done and I'm happily married, I can officially say that this business is out of this world and (even with this strict list of requirements) FAR exceeded my expectations.

The first thing that really set this business apart from the rest was Cherise's communication. There was never a time when she didn't respond to one of my phone calls or emails within 24 hours. Or, if she had a few events that took her away from the office- she would let me know ahead of time. I always received answers to my questions throughly and promptly (and for any of you that have had to contact vendors in Maui- you know was a rarity this is). I already had in mind a few vendors that I wanted to use and Cherise was open to that. Though, when I needed help with selecting others- she provided me with some AMAZING referrals. In the end, I firmly believe that I had the Maui-Wedding-Dream-Team of vendors working for us on our big day and Cherise was the driving force behind it all.

I had an intricate idea of what I wanted our small (25 person) Maui destination wedding to be like. When I explained this to Cherise, she immediately "got it" and really stuck to my vision the entire time. We rented a private estate which meant that all vendors (from chair rentals to caterers to audio equipment) had to be organized and brought in. Even though I thought I already knew what all went into planning for a wedding (like I said, I'm organized to a fault), more than a few times Cherise alerted me to things that I hadn't even thought of. It's this attention to detail that made our event flawless from the very beginning.

So planning everything was a breeze- but how did it all turn out? In a word: Incredible. It was amazing to have her there from the first day of planning (9 months in advance) all the way to the day of our wedding. We had the wedding of our dreams. Every detail was attended to with such care and insight. In the end, not a single thing when wrong on our wedding day and I was able to sit back and really enjoy all of it. I would have never been able to do this had it not been for Cherise. Cherise is such a sweet woman, but she also knows how to run a tight ship. There is an amazing amount of people and things to coordinate on the actual day but because Cherise was there, I was able to take in every special moment with my friends and family. That fact alone made hiring The Perfect Wedding worth while. But factor in the millions of other things Cherise did for - priceless.

There were NO unexpected "fees" or hidden costs- I received a nicely organized Excel Sheet that broke everything down so I knew the exact cost of everything. Every interaction I had with The Perfect Wedding was a positive one- which made the entire process FUN. I also felt as if my wedding were just as important and special to Cherise, as it was to my husband, our family and friends, and myself. And at the end of the day, The Perfect Wedding far exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high to begin with). There aren't enough mahalos I can give to show our appreciation.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Lian · Married on 10/02/2016

Cherise is a true professional, we are so lucky to have her planning for our wedding in Maui. She is very experienced and provided very helpful suggestions. On our wedding day, she worked so hard to make sure everything goes on well. Can't believe what would happen without her! I will recommend to everyone who want a great/easy destination wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Vicki · Married on 07/21/2016

Amazing day because of our amazing co-ordinator Cherise! She worked with us every step she could & took the stress out of the destination wedding. We cannot recommend her high enough!

Sent on 12/06/2016

chris · Married on 06/14/2012

Awesome coordinator to work with! She has a calming presence, which is very helpful considering how stressful a wedding day can be. she is very flexible and is willing to work with your budget as well.

Sent on 06/20/2012

The Perfect Wedding Maui's reply:

Thanks for your kind words! Congrats to you both.

Lauren · Married on 05/16/2018

Working with Cherise was wonderful. As someone who also plans and coordinates weddings and events, I can tell you she is among the best! Her sweet, calm, demeanor was especially appreciated the days prior, and day off. She will coordinate all the details of your wedding, if you have questions, concerns, or want pricing of a specific vendor she will reach out directly and find the information for you. We started planning my wedding over 2 years in advance for our 20 person wedding at Olowalu Plantation House. This is very fortunate as many people don't want to book that far out. As time drew closer, she was very attentive answering emails quicker than before. It was so great working with Cherise, the day after the wedding I was actually sad because I knew my conversions with her were done, and all the work we did together was over! The wedding was a dream! They say something will go wrong, but nothing did. It truly was a dream come true! Thank you!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    The Perfect Wedding Maui 8
    The Perfect Wedding Maui 9

Debbie · Married on 03/24/2013

As mother of the bride I was relaxed and truly enjoyed the entire experience and event ! Cherise remained Megan when things needed to be done or decided. She also worked well with the caterer and florist . All went well!

Sent on 12/22/2013