58 Reviews for The Perfect Wedding Maui

Non-Religious (2)
Partial Planning (1)
Religious (1)
58 The Perfect Wedding Maui Reviews

The decision of working with Cherise is THE BEST decision I've ever made for my wedding planning!!! Cherise is so easy to work with! She knows the best vendor in Maui and is patient, sweet, and detail-orientated. She made my wedding planning soooo much easier!

I initially wanted to have my wedding at Merriman's, but it was booked on that day. I was very stressed. Cherise suggested me to go with Kukahiko if I could stretch my budget a little bit. I am very happy that she proposed the venue - both my husband and I loved it!!! All of my guests praised the venue choice and enjoyed our wedding day. And we were within our budget in the end :)

Cherise is easy to communicate with and very responsive. I did not finalize my guest list till three weeks ahead of the wedding day. The final number of guest was 22, which was below the number of guests (25) that can get discount rate for the buffet style. Cherise recommended me to go with the rate for 25 guests since it was actually cheaper than the pay the buffet at the normal rate for 22. She also negotiated with the vendor to not charge us on the meals for stuff - saved us money! Also, since we had a small group, she worked with the vendor to change the buffet to family party style. The restaurant served the food directly at the table and we did not have to get up for food, which was super convenient for me - everyone knows how difficult to walk in wedding gowns!

I had very particular requirement for flowers. I sent Cherise pictures I like and described the feeling that I wanted to have. The theme color is peach, but it is not easy to get peach tropical local flowers. I was not sure about the flowers until I saw the wedding decoration and my bouquet!!! They were awesome!!! Exactly what I wanted! My husband loved all the flowers too! He was so happy with turnout!!! It is hard to believe that the wedding decoration was exactly what I wanted just based on description. But Cherise did it!!! Book her and you will be glad!!

Photos
Profile Picture Qian, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Cherise was a dream! We live in San Francisco and had only been able to visit once before the wedding. She made everything so easy and her grounding calming energy is exactly the type of person you want around you on your wedding day! She has great connections with different vendors and has great taste and will make sure you are under your budget without skimping on anything! She was amazing and we can't wait to go back to Maui and see her again!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Cherise with The Perfect Wedding Maui is the best!!! Our wedding was flawless and completely stress free!!! With Cherise’s expertise I got the wedding I have always dreamed of! If you’re looking for an awesome wedding coordinator, You can’t go wrong with The Perfect Wedding Maui!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We recently worked with Cherise on our January wedding. She is the best, and we wouldn’t have had such a wonderful wedding without her! She was very responsive, knowledgeable, and made our lives so easy, planning a destination wedding (we came from Anchorage). I shared our vision of the ceremony and reception, and what she put together was better than we could have dreamed. She had excellent suggestions for location, venders, makeup and hair, local services for dress pressing and other small details, and seamlessly booked most things for us. We wanted our wedding a little different (no dance), and Cherise had a wonderful suggestion of more of a dinner-party feel, with 5-6 courses; the chef introduced each meal, and we had wine/beer pairings with each course. She also had suggestions to save money; for example, we had flowers on our ceremony arch that then decorated the tables for the meal. The wedding day was so much fun; she supervised set-up and decorations, as well as clean-up. We only had to show up and get married! The day was stress-free, and fun, most importantly. Cherise is a sweet person, on top of her excellent services, and I couldn’t recommend anyone more. Book her! You won’t regret it! (Also, she is very reasonably priced, making this a no-brainer!) (also, I wanted to add more photos but WeddingWire has a limit on what can be uploaded, unfortunately)

Profile Picture Leslie, 1/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Cherise was so wonderful to work with! I couldn’t imagine planning my wedding without her and her team. She executed my dream wedding and it turned out flawless. Thank you Cherise!

Profile Picture kelsey, 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Cherise was absolutely amazing to work with! Being on the mainland, she made it very easy and simplified to do pretty much all things wedding-related. She has a lot of top quality vendor recommendations and suggestions for just about anything you have in mind to help your wedding dreams come to life. I was able to meet her on island a couple times when I just happened to be in town and she's just as charming and helpful in person. Even if you don't plan to be in Maui until your wedding, there's absolutely nothing to worry about because she helps put your mind at ease even through email and phone. Everyone was surprised by how little-to-no pre-wedding stress I had even up to the week of, and that's all thanks to her!! Over the holidays my family was already talking about how they're looking forward to our 1 year anniversary so they can go back to Maui because they had that great of a time at our wedding!

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If anyone is looking to get married in Maui we would highly recommend this company!
There was no way we could have pulled this off without Cherise. Everything from the location down to the cake was perfect! It was so nice to have everything run so smoothly and professionally on such an important day. Any fees we were made aware of well in advance with no unexpected or hidden fees. Everyone Cherise recommended were just as good and professional as The Perfect Wedding. It seemed like no matter what we wanted to do for this wedding, all we had to do was tell Cherise and she made it happen! The whole event went off without a hitch! We can't say enough good things about Cherise and The Perfect Wedding. The Perfect Wedding is just that. Perfect! Thank you so much Cherise!

Profile Picture Robert, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

This is an overdue review of my experience with Cherise for my wedding in Maui. First, it is very stressful to plan a wedding from another state. From my very first email to Cherise to my very last encounter, she is very dependable, honest, and quick to respond. She is also very patient and also professional. She always gave me guidance and direction on my vision but never imposed. One week before my wedding, I made a change of mind of my musician and preferred a DJ. I panicked! Cherise was able to pull off a Dj one week before my wedding! Although I felt bad, she never made me feel guilty. She just told me everything will be okay and she's here to make my special day perfect. She met up with me and my wedding party the day before the wedding for rehearsals. She was there the day of my wedding (she was the first one there and last to leave) and made sure my wedding was perfect. I can't thank her enough and I think she's worth way more than she charges!

Profile Picture User5287490, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Cherise is awesome! She made everything worry free.

Profile Picture Edward, 9/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I chose cherise as my wedding planner based on other peoples reviews and I am glad I did. I was the most unstressed bride ever. I am very indecisive and a procrastinator. She would always reply back within a timely manner. I would email her pictures and special requests of what I wanted. Cherise would then find the perfect match from all the vendors that she works. There were a few times where I had to cut the cost on certain things and she made it work. Even the venue I had originally wanted was booked for the year so she suggested another venue based on what I had wanted and it was better than my original plan. On the day of, I had my dream wedding that I will always remember. I could not have done this without her.

Profile Picture Grace, 9/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are planning a special event on Maui, I would highly recommend calling Cherise before making any other arrangements.

Cherise has been an integral part of two weddings in my family, so this is a double thumbs up review. My sister was married in Maui in 2014, and Cherise was her wedding coordinator. After watching the beautifully orchestrated ceremony and reception, I knew exactly who to call for our special day.

My wife and I live almost 5,000 miles from Maui, so it was so important to have Cherise there to guide us and provide local knowledge. She helped us select vendors and kept us on track with our budget. A wedding comes with a LOT of unknowns, and Cherise was always there to walk us through the details and give us solid advice.

We planned a trip to Maui five months before the wedding, and Cherise was there to meet us. She helped us arrange visits with the wedding venue, the florist, the make-up artist, and the cake experts. Not only did she set up the appointments, she was there with us every step of the way to help us make the important decisions that made our wedding so special.

When we arrived on Maui for the wedding, Cherise was there to help us sort out the last minute details. Having someone there to keep everything moving forward is critical to the event running smoothly.

The wedding day was incredible. Cherise has the ability to make everything happen while presenting a calm and collected appearance. The entire day ran on time and nothing got lost in the mix. She was always two steps ahead and she made sure that things were running smoothly. Cherise was a master at making sure that we were able to enjoy our wedding day. She made sure that we had time to eat and relax. Many friends say that their wedding day was a blur...we maintain that we really were able to experience every detail. This is a testament to the work that Cherise was doing behind the scenes.

Thanks from Maryland,

Jeb and Amanda

Profile Picture Jeb , 7/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Cherise was amazing. It felt like I had a friend planning my wedding. She is so knowledgeable and knew just tribe right vendors for my wedding. It was so magical. She thought of everything and made our destination wedding so easy for us. This day was just perfect and Cherise was there quietly overseeing it all. Couldn't have done this without her She's the best ?? Mahalo

Profile Picture Barbara, 5/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Travel, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband & I knew we wanted a destination wedding. I knew immediately during our first phone conversation that Cherise would be perfect for coordinating our big day. She is very personable, sweet, & has such a calming tone. She also had great recommendations for vendors. Originally, I was set on getting married at Merriman's (where we got engaged). We ended up not getting married at Merriman's because it didn't meet our requirements and budget. Cherise provided us with many venue options based on what we envisioned. We couldn't have been happier with the decision that we made. All of my family and friends who know how detail orientated I am asked how did I do it? I simply told them I put all my trust into Cherise who had a lot of experience & sent her a lot of pictures! ;)

All of our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and how much fun they had at our wedding. Having a wedding singer was top on my list and I couldn't have been happier with Cherise's recommendation. Having Joshua Kahula perform definitely set the tone of our wedding. Our guests also could not stop raving about how good the food was! From the raw seafood bar, appetizers, dinner, cake, to ending the night with shaved ice. My husband and I only got a small taste of our wedding cake during cake cutting. The day after our wedding, Cherise so kindly dropped off what was left of our cake at our hotel!

Thanks so much Cherise & Team! We couldn't have done it without you

Mary & John

Profile Picture Mary, 3/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Cherise is awesome! She met with us a few times prior to the big day and every time she just made everything so easy. She knew the important questions to ask to get all of the information she needed and is such a personable person that it actually made the planning process enjoyable. Since both my wife and I have lived on Maui for a while and I work in the event industry we thought we sort of knew the vendors we wanted to work with. Cherise offered a few of her recommendations (such as our officiant) and we are so happy we listened to her. They were spot on.
As part of her services she offered to also help us with our rehearsal dinner which actually ended up saving us some money since the restaurant required a meeting planner onsite and charged extra if you wanted them to provide that service. Cherise basically ran our rehearsal while her daughter Angelei helped set up everything at the restaurant for us - what a great team! Again, Cherise's expertise really shined through for the rehearsal as she had several ideas on ways to do things that might not be traditional but that enhanced the overall experience for us as the couple and for our guests. By using some of those ideas it really made our ceremony the following day that much better/more special.
When it came to the actual wedding day Cherise and Angelei went above and beyond to make us feel super special. She has a very calming personality which was nice since things can be somewhat stressful on the day of your wedding. She just made things happen and did it with a smile. Her and her daughter also assisted us in setting up all of our centerpieces/table linens and worked well with all of our vendors. Again, Cherise just makes things look easy - everything flowed so well! At the conclusion of the event she made sure that all of our stuff made it back to our room safely...she even called the next day to double check.
I would highly recommend her services if you are planning a wedding here on Maui!

Profile Picture Scott , 12/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination

Cherise Shulman, owner of The Perfect Wedding, is fantastic and did an incredible job on our wedding in Maui!

I live in Canada, so deciding on hiring a wedding planner for our destination wedding was a no brainer. My husband found Cherise, and I’m so grateful he did. Cherise was a joy to work with for so many reasons. She is a pro at what she does and made planning a destination wedding so much fun. She had great advice from A-Z, but always let us decide in the end what was best suited for us. She was very organized and always three step ahead of me!

My wedding was literally “The Perfect Wedding” and my family and friends still talk about it. Everyone kept telling me it was the most beautiful and romantic wedding they had ever attended!

Cherise has many years of experience in the wedding industry. She has developed such great relationships with other vendors in Maui, and they love working with her. My florist went above and beyond because of that relationship. We chose to not splurge on everything and anything, and I really appreciated that Cherise worked with our budget. I was able to have a beautiful wedding but not break the bank account that badly :) I trusted Cherise and our wedding was an absolute dream come true.

My vision became a reality on my wedding day, and I have Cherise to thank for that. I was blown away when I saw how everything came together. She allowed me to be stress-free the entire day and this was because of Cherise’s laid back but also very organized approach.

Cherise was a dream to work with, and I would recommend her services 100%

Profile Picture Dana, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

I had an amazing experience working with The Perfect Wedding Maui/ Cherise and I would highly recommend her to anyone thinking of planning a destination wedding in Maui!
I am a little type A and an extremely detail-oriented perfectionist, so I had high expectations from our wedding coordinator. I needed someone very organized and who pays attention to the details as much as I do and whom I could fully trust to execute my vision for our wedding day. From the minute I began exchanging emails with Cherise to our first meeting, it was clear that she is one of the most organized individuals I have ever met. She had checklists for every detail. Throughout the year of planning, she was incredibly responsive to my COUNTLESS e-mails. Every little thing I asked her about was answered as if it were of the utmost importance. She never told me that it couldn't be done. She moved heaven and earth for us to get what we wanted. All of her recommendations were spot on for our budget and personal style and it truly showed on the day of the wedding.
Speaking about the wedding - it was spectacular! Cherise really understood our vision and she nailed it! On the day of the wedding she was completely on top of everything and literally took care of EVERYTHING - I did not have to worry about any details, other than having fun! She was at the wedding the entire day and made sure everything went smoothly. She was everywhere helping in every department and she did a spectacular job! Every detail was executed the way I had envisioned it in my head or even better. Our wedding day was perfect, magical and went by way too fast!
I can't say enough good things about Cherise. She made our dream day come true. She is a phenomenal wedding planner and coordinator and this review hardly does her justice. If we were to do it all over again, I would call Cherise again in a heartbeat. Thank you SO MUCH Cherise for executing our wedding and making it such an unforgettable day! You are truly THE BEST!!

Profile Picture Tatyana, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I chose Cherise as our wedding planner after reading all the positive reviews online. I attempted to plan our Maui wedding on my own from NYC, but it became too much to handle with double the number of guests than I had expected. Once I had Cherise on my side as my wedding coordinator, everything went smoothly. She was quick to answer all of my emails and increasing number of questions as the wedding day approached. While I had booked the venue, musician and photographer before hiring Cherise, the vendors she recommended to me, Sunya for flowers, Maui Wedding Cakes, and our officiant Paul Tangonan were amazing. When I finally got to meet Cherise she was calm, super friendly, down to earth, and on top of all the details. She ran the wedding rehearsal and made sure everything was in its place for the wedding day. My husband was surprised how smoothly everything went. I must say that our wedding was better than anything I could have imagined, and I have to give all the credit to Cherise!

Profile Picture User4858240, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Cherise for our 10 year vows renewal ceremony and were very happy with her work.

She is easy to work with and a very nice person. Our ceremony went very well, was beautiful and was organized because of her hard work.

She also was willing from the very start to match a ceremony and reception to our budget, which was great.

She will suggest high-quality vendors for you and coordinate your communication with them.

If we had to do it again, we would definitely do more conference calls with her to more easily work out the details instead of relying on emails as much as we did. It’s always a pleasure to talk to Cherise and your planning will go much, much faster.

Profile Picture User5150189, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We couldn’t have asked for anything more, our wedding was perfect! We are thrilled that we selected Cherise from The Perfect Wedding Maui as our wedding planner. She exceeded our expectations in every way and made planning a destination wedding feel easy and stress-free.

Cherise was very organized and did an amazing job of providing fabulous recommendations on venue, officiants, caterers, DJs, musicians, entertainers and photographers. Everyone we worked with clearly loves Cherise and enjoys working with her at the weddings, she has amazing relationships with so many quality vendors on the island. She thoughtfully guided us through decisions based on what we wanted for our wedding and the experience for our guests. There isn’t a decision we would have changed and we have her to thank for that.

Cherise prepared us for the day of the wedding by walking us through the timeline of events and set expectations for certain elements so we knew what to expect. She thought of details that hadn’t even crossed my mind and had a plan for everything. Cherise took all of our feedback and ideas and made them even better than we could have imagined.

The day of the wedding Cherise was just the person I wanted to be there. She is always calm, collected and knows exactly what to say and do to keep things running smoothly. Everything went exactly as planned and we were able to thoroughly enjoy our wedding day with no stress or concerns. Our guests at the wedding mentioned that everything just seemed to happen and they are still raving about how magical the evening was. Cherise made that happen.

Cherise was amazing, thoughtful and extremely organized. I would highly recommend The Perfect Wedding Maui to anyone looking for help planning a wedding on Maui. You definitely won’t regret it!

Thank you Cherise, we loved every moment!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The best decision I made about my wedding was having Cherise plan it! Her reviews say it all. She is the most amazing person to work with and does an incredible job.
My husband and I planned a destination wedding, so it was daunting for us to not know what the venue looked like or how the food tasted. However, Cherise went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and assured. She was easily accessible any time we had questions or concerns, and she was just on top of every detail! She made the planning process smooth, simple and easy for us, which is important since we work a lot. We even had friends asking us, "How are you so calm and relaxed when your wedding is next week?"..to which we answered "We have CHERISE!!" She is very detail oriented and organized. She knows what she is doing!!
The day of the wedding went beyond perfectly! We were always on schedule and Cherise made it a point for us to enjoy our day and let her worry about everything else. That is exactly what happened! It was so stress free and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Cherise's coordination.
Looking back, Cherise truly created a day we will never forget! We still talk about how perfect our wedding was and how Cherise made it all come together. Thank you so much for everything, Cherise! You are fantastic!

Profile Picture Christine, 3/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Cherise is definitely the best wedding planner that I can ever imagine. I work for a trading firm and don't have much spare time. I time box my energy used towards the wedding planning although I still want the 'perfect wedding'. Cherise is wonderful enough to make everything happen just like magic only based on the info via the emails and pictures I sent over. Can not say enough thank you to her!!!!!! She is so sweet to accommodate all my special requests and is so considerate to make it perfect!

Profile Picture madison, 2/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

What is there to say about Cherise that hasn’t already been said? My husband and I were married at the Olowalu Plantation House and we both agree that having Cherise with us on our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. My wedding day was completely stress free and a dream come true. I am secretly wishing inside that I could plan another event in Maui just so I can work with Cherise again! She is organized, punctual, incredibly attentive to detail but above all, Cherise is amazingly patient, thoughtful and kind-hearted. Even in spite of my millions of emails and little requests, Cherise never made me feel like I was a burden or being bridezilla.

During the planning process, Cherise provided me with a great network of vendors that she’s worked with and was also open to working with vendors that I had found on my own. I really appreciated Cherise’s input on things (from hotel information to wedding rehearsal venues on top of all the other normal wedding stuff) but also never felt any pressure to do things a certain way.

On the day of the wedding, I had so little stress that I thought I was missing something. All the vendors came and set up without me having to direct anyone; all I had to do was get dressed and relax. I remember looking out the window and suddenly everything was there and perfect - the flowers, the centerpieces, the bar, ceremony chairs etc, etc etc! During the wedding… Cherise worked behind the scenes, taking care of all the details big and small, including moving lounge furniture around to make the best use of it throughout the night, moving signs, assisting with the vendors, etc. And when it was time to go, Cherise helped me pack and clean everything so we had time to say goodbye to all our guests. I can imagine I (and my friends/family) would have been so much more stressed if we had to take care of this all on our own.

Mahalo Cherise for making our day so special. We are so grateful!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/8/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot praise Cherise enough for her efforts in putting together my wedding.
We got married in Maui but we're from Australia and the initial idea of planning a destination wedding was overwhelming.
Once we decided on Cherise as my wedding planner without realising it I was set - she was the first thing I booked and it was all I needed to get the ball rolling.
She was always reachable via email and it was the easiest way to communicate with our time difference. I had a lot of ideas and I have a tendency to micro manage but she was able to keep on top of all my suggestions and was always helpful in coming up with alternatives if something wasn't going to work out.
My wedding day went perfectly - her and her daughter made sure everything was set up properly from the small details on the guestbook table to the picnic area that I wanted set up for my guests.
I had my hair and make up done peacefully and had no idea what was going on outside of the house until the moment I stepped out to walk down the aisle.
Her friendly smile on the wedding day was very reassuring and I would happily recommend her to everybody.

Profile Picture Angie, 10/1/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I did my research before hiring a wedding planner, and I'm really glad I did. I work full time, live on the east coast, and naturally am a bit of a worrier. I wanted a perfect wedding, and I needed someone who was going to keep me on track, but who would do it with a kind touch. I read all of the reviews of Cherise, and noticed that everyone said how sweet she is, calm, and plans stunning weddings. I seriously couldn't not have asked for anything more.
About a year before our wedding I hired Cherise. She promptly called me and wanted to know what I wanted my wedding to be. She emailed me a list of items that fell into the 9 months, 6 months, 3 months, and sooner categories, so I wouldn't be overwhelmed with everything there was to do, but also so that we kept to a timeline. It took me a little while to get used to island time, where emails took a day or two to get a response (common for all vendors). As the wedding approached I obviously started to get a little nervous, but that's when Cherise really hit her stride. She was juggling multiple weddings (which I only know because I saw pictures of other weddings on her website after our wedding was over), but I never felt that I wasn't getting the attention that I deserved. The days before the wedding she was basically "on call", walked us through the ceremony at our rehearsal, and was at Olowalu on our wedding day very early, and stayed until the end of the night. Cherise has great taste, and was able to turn my vision, which I sometimes couldn't even put into words, into reality. She guided me towards the best vendors, and I really couldn't have done it without her! My mom and I sent her so many pictures, and she would send us ideas back.

I would recommend Cherise to family, friends, and anyone looking for a gorgeous, classy, magical Hawaiian wedding.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/13/14, 8 Reviews