The Palace at Somerset Park Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Amanda P. Married on 04/28/2023

100,000,000/10 Stars!

The Palace was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! There are so many photo opportunities at the Palace; both outside and inside. We used the West House. The area for cocktail hour is spacious and has the cutest library corner! The ballroom is gorgeous! There is a staircase that leads to the dance-floor that my husband and I used as our entrance – super unique! There is also a cute balcony where I tossed my bouquet from! We also liked that our guests were all on one side together instead of splitting his side/her side. Not only is the Palace STUNNING but the staff was out of this world. David, our maître d was phenomenal. He was like a secret-service agent keeping everything in order and moving along smoothly. He was also a huge help with guiding the photographers and videographer. My bridal attendant Vanesa was the loveliest person I’ve ever met! She was prepared for anything and everything. Stain on your gown? Tide pen at the ready. Hair falling out? Do not fear, she will curl it for you. Want ice-cream at your Venetian hour? She will personally head to the kitchen to get you a bowl. My bustle was H E A V Y. Vanesa helped me with it at least 100 times throughout the night, finding me before I realized it came un-done. Now onto the food – my friends and family are still talking about it! Everything was delicious! As a bride, you always hear stories about “not eating” on your wedding day. Do not worry, the Palace staff did a fantastic job ensuring that me and my husband had a chance to eat throughout the night. They were also fantastic at keeping our drink orders refilled without request. Did I also mention that the Venetian hour was included!? I would 100% recommended the Palace again and again.

The Palace at Somerset Park's reply:

Congratulations Amanda & Anthony!!!!
    Thrilled to hear your celebration was awesome and I will personally share your appreciation with Vanessa, David, and our Team...
    All the Best,
    Marc Hamel
    President & General Manager
    Claudia V. Married on 02/26/2023

Magical Birthday Celebration

Every penny spent is worth. They work with you to make your special night unique. Very friendly staff. They made my event worry free.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Mansi
    Mansi S. Married on 02/17/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best place to Host your next event

We celebrated my daughter's sweet 16th at the Palace. This breathtaking venue lives up to its name. The Palace is absolutely the best place for hosting your event. The staff made us feel like royalty. The planning process with Ella was flawless. Every employee that I came across at the Palace was a delight. Our Maître d, David was simply excellent, the day of the event. He took care of everything from start to finish. He made the guests feel welcomed and took care of all the details including keeping the program on-time. The event was a night to remember because of folks like Alan, Vanessa and Joy who were the best. I would highly recommend this venue because the staff is simply top notch. Our guests all have given feedback about this amazing venue and can't say enough about how they felt like royalty. Thank you so much to the Palace for making our special day so royal.
  • F
    Francesca C. Married on 02/03/2023

Absolutely unbelievably amazing

We can’t thank the Palace enough for everything they did. They are more than amazing. They are top notch on every single detail. You will not be disappointed!
    Nicole C. Married on 12/31/2022

Incredible!!!

Do yourself a favor and book The Palace for your wedding, you won't regret it!! From the beautiful setting and decor to the amazing food and drinks, you won't be disappointed. All of the staff that made our wedding possible were incredible from the start. They were so organized and helped make the planning process so easy. The food is absolutely delicious, we hope to go back there someday so that we can enjoy the food again because it was so good! We were taken care of all night and our wedding felt completely stress free because of all of the hard work by their amazing team! Words can't express how happy we were with The Palace for our wedding reception! 10/10 highly recommend!!!!
    Nicolette Married on 12/31/2022

Exceptional!!!

2 weeks later… and still blown away! My husband & I got married this past New Year’s Eve 22 (West House) and we’re still on cloud nine. Our guests haven’t stopped complimenting the entire night, food, flowers, music, photography and the overall ambience of the romantic, intimate vibe we had at the Palace. I wish we could relive every second of our special day. A huge shoutout to Antonia, our event planner, Nick our Maitre D & Chef Justin for exceeding our extremely high expectations. Our dreams came true!! Highly highly recommend (and I’m picky! Lol)
    Christianna E. Married on 12/02/2022

Absolutely amazing

My husband and I got married here and we cannot recommend a better venue! We had the best experience- food/beverages were amazing and the service was even better. They were able to make last minute changes and adjusted anything that we requested. We cannot thank Alex (event planner) and David (maitre D) enough, as they truly went above and beyond.
    Brianna B. Married on 10/28/2022

The Palace at Somerset Wedding Venue

The Palace at Somerset made our wedding our dream come true. Everything we could have ever imagined for our wedding day was made possible by The Palace. Our planner Alexandra and our Maitre D David were not only two of the nicest people we've ever met, they are amazing at their jobs. Every request, question, or need was answered and handled promptly. Every worry was calmed by their professionalism and kindness. The food was incredible. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our cocktail hour, dinner, and Venetian hour were. Everything was delicious and the variety was amazing! Our wedding was in the fall and I have always wanted fall colors for my wedding day. The grounds can only be described as magical. Every area was beautiful. We could not have asked for more. Our wedding was a dream thanks to The Palace at Somerset!
  • Kristen
    Kristen G. Married on 10/07/2022

Amazing & awesome

My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect and organized wedding day. From the staff, to the food, to the beautiful venue … it was all awesome!
  • Victoria
    Victoria S. Married on 10/01/2022

Love at The Palace

Thanks to The Palace of Somerset, our wedding was everything we hoped for and more. It was elegant, classy but so much fun! The food is AMAZING and the place is beautiful. Our wedding guests are still raving about it!
  • Jamie-Lynn
    Jamie-Lynn Married on 09/30/2022

Absolutely incredible!!

Words cannot describe how incredible our experience at The Palace was from start to finish. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect!  We had an absolute blast and our guests are still talking about all the delicious food served during cocktail hour, dinner and of course, the dessert hour! Not only is the venue incredible but The Palace’s staff is top-notch! They give their 1000% and were very attentive to not only my husband and I, but our family and friends as well. There are no words to describe the beauty of this venue, responsiveness of all staff, and the ability to cater to every possible request. Our wedding was an ABSOLUTE dream thanks to The Palace.
    Dana K. Married on 09/17/2022

Perfection

The Palace did such a phenomenal job at making our wedding perfect and magical! The staff went above and beyond and they had everything under control which made our special day incredible!
  • Shivani
    Shivani P. Married on 09/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Palace is elegance in a venue!

The Palace at Somerset Park is elegance in a venue. Now only is the venue itself beautiful and memorable but the staff are AMAZING.

Leading up to the wedding, Antonia from the Palace helped us out with any and every questions we had. Her response times and professionalism was UNBELIEVABLE!

During the wedding day, we were assigned a maître de- David, who was AMAZING! We did not have to worry about a single thing the entire day. Food, décor, and venue setup just happened without a single stress on the family or bride/groom.

There is something to be said when multiple people come up to the bride and groom leading up to the wedding or during their wedding day and say "You don't look stressed at all" or "how do you have down time"
    This was all truly due to the amazing staff at the Palace and how they handled our event.

As a bride who is VERY type-A, after I met Antonia and David, I did not have a single worry or stress that the wedding would not go smoothly.

Also during my wedding day I had bridal assistants by my side at ALL times. Saying ladies went ABOVE and BEYOND is an understatement. Weather it was a drink, water (bottle opened with a biodegradable straw inserted), or food the assistant would be ready and give me anything I needed throughout the day. Leading up to the wedding my husband and I told ourselves that we did not want to be one of those couples that did not eat any of the food at their own wedding. Well the Bridal Assistants and Palace staff not only made sure we tried everything, we also has some food packed to fully enjoy the next day.

When it comes to a venue I would HIGHLY recommend the future bride and groom to not only look at the vibe of the venue but also understand what the staff is willing to do during your event.

The Palace staff goes ABOVE and BEYOND and that is what truly makes this venue amazing. I would recommend the Palace to ALL brides and grooms out there.
  • Marie
    Marie V. Married on 08/21/2022

No other venue compares!

We had our wedding at The Palace on August 21st, and we could not have asked for a better experience than we had with this venue! From the start, we worked with Richard for touring and booking. He was incredibly helpful in answering all of our questions, and scheduling and extra tour when my fiancé could not attend the first one last minute due to work.
    Once we booked, we worked with Antonia Lauber, who was incredibly communicative throughout the 11 months leading up to our event. She was quick to clarify, accommodating with requests, and a joy to meet with when we had our planning session.
    We felt incredibly cared for at our tasting, which was run by one of the maitre d's, I believe his name was Daniel. He was very personable and friendly, sharing lots of information on the menu and even more stories about events he's worked at The Palace. We knew with Daniel we were in excellent hands.
    Our maitre d' for the event itself was Matthew. Matthew ROCKS. As a director for a living, I like to be in charge of my own projects and not give up control. I felt at ease handing the reigns over to Matthew and was confident and comfortable knowing that he would make the day effortless and enjoyable for us. Matthew made us feel like a priority, and we are so THANKFUL for all the effort he put into our day.
    I had two bridal attendants, one who was in training. I feel awful for not remembering their names because they were immensely helpful throughout the day to both me and my party. Thank you for your efforts and your attention throughout my day!
    We had a number of guests with physical disabilities, dietary requests, and life threatening food allergies. This was navigated perfectly by the venue. The Palace made my guests feel like they weren't being "accommodated", but instead like they were being catered to equally and equitably, without loss of any part of the experience. Thank you to all the servers and bartenders who worked with Matthew that day for making ALL my guests feel welcomed.
    All of this, coupled with the breathtaking aesthetics, the ENORMOUS amount of food included, and the bang for your buck, has me raving about The Palace to everyone I know. I only hope we are invited to another wedding at The Palace so we can come back again and experience it as guests!
    Beverly P. Married on 08/19/2022

Mother of the Bride

EXCELLENT experience all the WAY!!!
    Daniel H. Married on 08/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Venue in NJ!

Our wedding planning began a few months after the first case of COVID and we were very nervous about finding a venue without seeing it. We are very lucky to have found the Palace (they seriously provide the best experience for those that are getting married). Our amazing sales manager Brigitte Hofmann, wedding planner Alex Favale, Maitre’D Daniel Rodas, and the rest of the team at the Palace created a stressless experience for us. Brigitte answered all of our questions about the venue and COVID, Alex replaced our previous wedding planner and did it without any challenges, and Daniel made sure we were able to enjoy the day without managing all of the logistics. Outside of the incredible staff, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. All of the spaces (entrance, landscape, entrance, cocktail area, ceremony space, ballroom) at the Palace are top notch. Now let's talk about the food. The food blew us away from the food tasting and wedding! Our guests were amazed at the wide range of options provided upon arriving at the venue, cocktail hour, dinner, and the viennese table. Many of the guests said that our wedding was the best that they’ve ever attended and the Palace played a major role in making this happen. While we could have saved some money by going with other venues in the area, we wouldn’t change our decision to go with the Palace. Our wedding experience was unlike anything that we could imagine and we appreciate everything that the Palace did for us.
    Kristen B. Married on 07/31/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Palace provided the best experience for my wedding!

I loved working with all the staff! My planner Alexandra was the best! Also my Bridal attendant was so sweet! My Maitre D Dave was excellent! I would advise any Bride to get married at the Palace!
    Nagla B. Married on 07/23/2022

You guys rock!

Dear David, Alexandra and the rest of the palace staff :

We've just returned from a honeymoon and wanted to send a quick note thanking you for all your hard work towards our wedding. I wanted to let you know it was an absolutely incredible day-we have not been able to stop talking about our wedding at the Palace. We had no idea a wedding could be as amazing as it was-we both agree-it was the best day of our lives!
    We continue to receive comments from guests about how amazing everything was. All was such a special day and we will cherish the memories for a long time. We will send pictures for the “portfolio” when we get them but didn’t want to delay any longer sending our gratitude!

Love,
    Nagla and Hanny
  • Ajay
    Ajay V. Married on 07/02/2022

Awesome Venue & Support staff

We cannot say enough about how amazing and fantastic The Palace is. From start to finish, the service and staff were a delight to work with. Every aspect of the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We very much appreciated the responsiveness, professionalism, attention to detail and engaging staff. Coordinating with Alexandra was top notch and she took care of all the details leading up to the wedding day. The day of staff, Brad, Daniel and Matt along with the bridal attendants made us feel so comfortable and stress free the entire day!
  • Janae
    Janae W. Married on 06/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Palace at Somerset Amazing!!!

My wedding at the Palace at Somerset Park was amazing!! The service and the staff impeccable. All my guest had an amazing time and they raved about the food. Hands down all around amazing.
  • Sothi
    Sothi A. Married on 06/11/2022

Excellent facilities and services

We recently held our fairly large South Asian wedding at the Palace of Somerset. Everyone knows how important food is for wedding events. As the father of the bride, I wish to compliment Neeraj, Rahul and the entire Moghul catering staff for their service and the delicious food they served for our daughter’s wedding. Also the Palace of Somerset team for the excellent facilities and services provided during wedding. The Palace cocktails, dinner and venetian dessert buffets were top notch and well presented. The both teams truly catered to our needs. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any items as our guests are still raving about the menus and overwhelmingly complimentary.

Both teams worked with us continually to make this wedding happen. We are happy to say all of our events went perfect. All in all, we were very happy with Moghul catering and the Palace of Somerset.
  • Janisa
    Janisa A. Married on 06/11/2022

Amazing white glove service with The Palace

Our wedding had about 320 guests and we rented out the entire house for a full day event.

From the beginning the staff at the Palace was super professional and made us feel like we were in good hands. During our initial visit, they walked us through all of the amenities and how they could accommodate a mixed Hindu/western wedding.

The venue itself is fantastic. The bride and groom suites are very large, the grounds have many places to take photos, and the architecture is simply put, grand.

The Palace is definitely not cheap but you do get a whiteglove service. Here are a few examples that really stick out:

Richard, our initial sales person, walked us around the premises. He asked all the right questions to understand our needs and listened very carefully to our feedback and wishes. They asked about the baraat, suggested a place and positioning of the mandap, knew that there would be dietary restrictions the day of, and many more small details that made us feel like they had done this many times before and this was all on the first meeting.

Antonia, our wedding planner, that we were talking to for the months leading up to the event was extremely patient, even when we were thrashing on decisions. She had very good response time when answering our many questions over email and could quickly update room arrangements when we made new requests.

Our maitre ‘d, David, was on the ball the week before and all day on the day off. He had several recommendations for how we should make our appearances and listened to my father in law’s very specific requests for food placement. On the wedding day, his energy levels somehow remained high throughout the entire 14 hour event and through his earpiece he could seemingly summon anything and anyone at will. He had recommendations whenever they were needed and guided us on the parts that we might have stumbled through. For example, when we were cutting the cake, he made sure to stay out of photographs but we could clearly hear him say “Now move the knife an inch to the right and make another cut…”

The bridal assistants (Ashley, Palak,and Anhila) on the day of were amazingly professional. They made sure all of our food and beverage needs were taken care of, they would relay messages between the suites, and bustled the bride’s dress after the ceremony.

Pricing was straightforward and they stuck to the contract but make sure you understand which catering will be handled by them or an external caterer when you sign the contract. They will not try to nickel and dime you or do hidden upcharges. I would definitely choose The Palace again if I was doing it all over again.
  • Ritu
    Ritu S. Married on 05/29/2022

The perfect wedding venue

The Palace was the perfect wedding venue and our Maitre'd David was the absolute best! If you have a chance to request him for your weekend, you 100% should! The team leading up to the wedding was so helpful- answering all of our questions and making accommodations and exceptions to make sure that our day was so special. The guests absolutely were floored with everything from the décor, the presentation, the cocktail hour food, the dinner, and the dessert display- they all said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. During the day getting ready at the Palace was wonderful and the staff were super attentive to our needs. Overall, the venue is not only elegant and classy, it is fun, open, and the perfect place for your special day! We will always recommend the Palace to anyone who is looking to book a venue!
    Jillian Married on 05/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AmaZing experience from start to finish!

We got married at the palace on 5/27/22 and had the best day a bride and groom could ever ask for. Alex was our planner and Daniel our maitre D. They both provided too notch service from the day we booked. Alex was extremely responsive and organized through out the entire process. Our day of maitre D (Daniel) stopped at nothing to make sure we were having the time of our life. He went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. Daniel took care of anything I asked and produced a picture perfect wedding !!!
illustration stars