The Palace at Somerset Park Reviews

The Palace at Somerset Park 7
  • Kara

Kara O'Rourke · Married on 01/05/2019

Deserves 10 Stars!

If we could give The Palace more than 5 stars we would. They were absolutely amazing to work with and our wedding was fantastic, and ran so smoothly.

The Palace itself is just gorgeous. We happened to get married while the Christmas decoration was still up which was even more beautiful.

We looked at a LOT of venues all over NJ/Philly. We saw a lot of different ways that the venues offered & priced their packages. The Palace had 1 package. The price varied by date, but the package was always the same. It included a LOT, all the drinks and food we could have asked for (so much food - our guests could not believe how much food!). But this approach made it so much simpler, and it was clear upfront what the cost would be.

Prior to the event we worked with Alex as our event coordinator. She was very clear on what had to happen and when throughout the planning process. They make it very easy and break it down so its not overwhelming (thank you Alex!). On our wedding day our maitre'd was Josh and bridal attendance was Maya. They were absolutely outstanding. They want to make sure you love your wedding and that it goes off without a hitch (which they worry about so you don't have to). They coordinate with all the other vendors, they set up all your decorations, they help facilitate your picture taking, they make sure you have food and drinks and whatever else you need/want. At the end of the night they have all your personal affects packed up for you so you can party til the last minute and then leave with your guests and all of your things.

They can have 2 events running simultaneously, but you would never ever know. The facility is designed so that two events can operate 100% independently, they each have their own entrances, kitchens, staff etc, and are physically separated in the middle.

We got so many compliments on what an impressive and beautiful venue we chose and we completely agree. We are so happy with our decision and had an amazing time at our wedding!!

Kayla · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing service

I had my wedding at The Palace at Somerset Park. It was absolutely amazing. Everything went just as planned. There weren’t any disappointments. The food was great and the staff was great. So many of my guest have told me that they have never seen a more beautiful wedding than mine. My Maitre D’, Joshua Weis, worked seamlessly with all of my vendors. He made sure everything ran as it was supposed to. He was in communication with them the obtain the necessary paperwork and permits prior to the wedding. He sat down with me prior to the wedding day to help me devise the timeline for the day of. On the actual wedding day he kept me abreast of everything that was going on and helped me to feel at ease. He had a great sense of humor; the service he provided was excellent.

My bridal attendant was just as amazing, her name was Jordan. She checked in with me every moment to make sure I was doing good and to see if there was anything she could do for me. In addition to her bridal attendant duties, she held my and my husband phones for us and captured some really cool video footage without us even having to ask her to do so. My mom also raved about her. My mother had a stroke prior to my wedding and is not able to move like she used to. My mom told me that she shared that information with Jordan and that Jordan checked in on her as well to make sure she was doing okay. I truly appreciate hearing that from my mother. It speaks volumes to Jordan’s character.

Jordan and Josh exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t have asked for a better Maitre D or bridal attendant.

It’s also important that I mention the event planner provided by the venue. Her name is Alexandra Favale. She was so professional and personable. She responded to emails quickly and was in constant communication with me about any detail that she needed for the big day. She answered any and all questions that I asked. She was also a wonderful person to work with.

Overall, my experience with the Palace at Somerset Park was spectacular and I would recommend this venue to every and anyone looking to have the most amazing wedding ever.

The Palace at Somerset Park 8
    The Palace at Somerset Park 9
    The Palace at Somerset Park 10
  • NATALIE

Natalie · Married on 11/23/2018

A dream come true!

The absolute best decision we made was having our wedding at The Palace. From start to finish, Kara was amazing, as was our Maitre D, Josh, and Bridal Attendant, Ashley. Their service was EXCELLENT, the food was amazing, the venue is to die for, and the fireworks were beyond belief. If I could get married there every year, I would. An absolute dream come true. Thank you for everything!

The Palace at Somerset Park 11

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2018

The Palace and their team are truly amazing!

We got married on November 2nd at The Palace in the East Room and it was absolutely amazing! Guests are still talking about how great our wedding was to this day! The food was amazing and the service was incredible! David, our Maitre D, made sure our wedding went as planned and as smoothly as possible. He remembered everything we discussed at our planning meeting and was there to answer any question we had! We felt so reassured with him after our meeting and on the day of the wedding. He was attentive to our guests and we truly appreciated everything he did on that day to make our reception so special. Brides and grooms will be lucky to work with him! Our bridal attendant, Ashley, was THE BEST. Anything that was needed was provided and she was always there to take care of myself and the bridal party. She even carried my lipgloss in her pocket to have ready when we took pictures throughout the night, and also provided me with slippers to wear when I realized I forgot to pack extra comfy shoes! She was amazing throughout the entire night.

Our wedding at The Palace was an experience we will never forget. The entire staff works wonders and we are so thankful that we chose them for our wedding. We were lucky to work with an amazing team and they made our wedding so special!

Robert Goldberg · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Experience

The experience with The Palace, as the hosts of our daughter’s wedding, is we couldn’t be happier with the experience. Our Maitre d' was terrific; we can’t speak more highly of his organization, communication skills and knowledge. The timing of how the event progressed during the day was impeccable. My daughter’s bridal attendant was excellent. She seemed to be everywhere in supporting my daughter and the bridal party and always had a solution when something went awry, such as when the bustle holder broke.
    The preparation of the food was excellent. The tables were served at the same time so no one was waiting for others to be served before eating.

Overall, our desired result in selecting The Palace as the venue for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding was achieved. Providing a special, wonderful wedding that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Catherine A Crawford · Married on 10/20/2018

"More than I ever dreamed of"

"More than I ever dreamed of" Is what our daughter told us on the day of her wedding. The attention to detail was amazing. From the beautiful venue, to the delicious food, to the wonderful service, it was such an incredible experience for all. Our Maitre 'D, Josh and the bridal attendant, Maya, were at our side before we even knew we needed them taking care of all our needs. They were great.

robin · Married on 10/05/2018

Where do I begin? We are so happy that our daughter Ashley and new husband Tom chose The Palace as the venue for their wedding. Everything was wonderful and so well organized. Our guests can't stop talking about the wedding.

The Palace is stunning. The grounds, the balcony with the staircase, the room, the cocktail area were just amazing. Everyone loved being outside with the fire pits and the bar. Ashley appearing at the balcony before she descended the stairs to meet her Dad took my breath away. We loved feeling like we were the only wedding there.

The cocktail hour was delicious. You couldn't ask for a better selection of food. The main course also excellent. So many things to choose from! Of course, the Viennese display and wedding cake was impressive. The servers and bar tenders did an excellent job.

Cristina Nunez was our event planner. She met with us in September and answered all of our questions. I sent her several e-mails and spoke with her on the phone many times during the week of the wedding. She was very patient and thorough.

Jordan, the bridal attendant, was excellent. She was pleasant and so helpful throughout the day and night. She attended to Ashley's every need. She was a constant presence and very much appreciated.

We can't say enough good things about our Banquet Manager David Parada. David sat with us for over an hour the day before the wedding. He went over everything that was going to happen. He answered countless questions from the bride and her nervous parents. He showed such attention to detail. He kept every one on time and every one moving. He made sure we were eating and drinking throughout the wedding. He and Jordan remained with us until we left on the very last shuttle back to the hotel.

We are so impressed with The Palace and its staff. The place is superb. We would not hesitate to recommend The Palace to anyone that is looking for a venue for a special occasion.

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

They truly went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely PERFECT!

We got married in June 2018 and we could not be happier with my decision to have our wedding at The Palace!! They truly went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely PERFECT! From our first meeting with Kara we knew The Palace was the place for us. Our wedding planner was Alexandra, who was an absolute pleasure to work with. We could not be any more grateful to have had David as our Maitre d. He took the stress out of our day by completely planning every detail to make sure the day run PERFECTLY!! He is so knowledgeable and went out of his way to ensure that we were both happy with everything the entire time. I also had the pleasure of having Maya as my bridal attendant. She was absolutely wonderful and helped with every little detail that day. All of the food was delicious and I got many compliments from my guests about the cocktail hour, dinner and desserts! Every one had a great time! Thank you to the entire staff for being SO kind, attentive, professional and for making our day amazing!

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Getting married at The Palace is a dream come true. From start to finish, we were blown away by the staff, service, food, and facility. If you are looking for your fairy tale wedding then choose The Palace. Our guests are still talking about the quality of the food (especially how amazing the desserts were!) and their experience at the venue.

As a bride, there are certainly moments of stress and worry but the staff at The Palace make wedding planning and the day of experience a breeze. They are so responsive, flexible, and accommodating. Our Event Planner, Jillian, responded quickly and answered all of our questions. She was so organized and enthusiastic! Our Bridal Attendant, Maya, anticipated all of our needs and was prepared for everything and anything. Our Maitre'D, Richard, kept the day and evening running smoothly and ensured every detail was attended to.

Get married at the Palace!!!

Anna · Married on 05/20/2018

Words cannot describe how happy we are with picking this fantastic venue. I must start with saying that it was not at all what we were looking for, but seeing the Palace live had a bit of a wow factor. In addition they offer ample amounts of great food, for which we received plenty of compliments. Yet what shone the most to us is the service we received form the moment we booked the venue. Starting with our wedding coordinator Jillian, who answered my million and one questions and sent me photos of anything I wanted to see in a timely manner; to my bridal attendant Stephanie who was always around for anything I needed (including pulling out safety pins and fixing my bustle at the very beginning of the reception); and ending with Josh, our Maitre D' who was on top of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING the entire night. This guy even had our preffered drinks in hand for us when we came in from the ceremony to cool us off before our families followed in to congratulate us. He never forgot a thing, once we asked for something we could consider it done. Some of our family members have severe allergies, and Josh went back into the kitchen to bring back list of ingredients to ensure they could have a specific dish. The wait staff should also get a shout out here as they took care of every table. The wedding day went by so smoothly we were able to fully relax and just enjoy the great party!

The Palace at Somerset Park 12

Miea · Married on 03/31/2018

This palace was all that and more than I could ever want from the looks to the service there this place was breath taken the only thing I would do different is ask them about unexpected expense like gratuity and stuff . They do mention it but its not mentioned till like a week before your event.

The Palace at Somerset Park 13
    The Palace at Somerset Park 14

Melissa · Married on 02/17/2018

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing The Palace was for our wedding night. From the minute we walked into the door to tour the venue, I knew it was the one. Cristina, our event planner, was always available for any and all questions that I had. Richard, our maitre d', was amazing. I was a ball of nerves leading up to the wedding, but after sitting down with Richard, and going through the events of the day, I felt much better. The day of, he was on point for everything. I didn't have to worry about anything, and if anything went wrong, I didn't know about it! Jordan, my bridal attendant, was fantastic. She was very attentive to my needs, kept my bridal party and the rest of my family where they were supposed to be. Richard and Jordan even braved snow for all the photos that I wanted. The food was fantastic, I have guests that are still raving about it. I can't wait to go back if they have their Twice Upon a Time event!

Marie · Married on 12/29/2017

We got married at The Palace on 12/29/17. To say that they exceeded all of our expectations would be a huge understatement. From the moment we walked into The Palace we were treated like royalty. Every single person we dealt with- Christine, Alex, David, LaTonya, the servers, bar tenders, valet etc just went above and beyond for us. Our wedding reception was just a dream. David (maitre d) and LaTonya ( bridal attendant) were there with us every single step of the way. From making sure we got to try every single thing at our cocktail hour, to helping me with the bustle on my dress the entire night, David and LaTonya were just the BEST. We were soooo sad when we had to say goodbye at the end of the night- they really felt like family to us. I could go on and on forever about how awesome they were- if you are lucky enough to get either of them on the day of your wedding consider yourself the luckiest bride and groom ever! The food at The Palace is second to none. Our guest still can't stop raving about the cocktail hour, first course dish, main entrees, HUGE selection of desserts at the Viennese hour, even the wedding cake (which people usually don't even notice) got rave reviews. In short, if you are on the fence about booking the Palace for your wedding reception DO IT!! You will not regret it!! There is not one negative thing we could say about them. Every person we dealt with was so kind, professional, responsive, attentive- just the best! The food, grounds, and people are truly amazing. HUGE thank you to everyone at the Palace for giving us the wedding reception of our dreams!! David and LaTonya- we miss you and could never ever say thank you enough for everything you did for us on our wedding day!!

The Palace at Somerset Park 15
    The Palace at Somerset Park 16

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2017

We've put my review off for a few days now because we wanted to find the right words. When we tell you that the year and a half leading up to our wedding & our wedding was perfect, we literally mean it was perfect. From day 1, Christie sold us 10000% on choosing the Palace for my wedding. This was followed by our wedding planner Jillian answering every single question we had. To finally, the most amazing Maitre D and Bridal Attendant we could possibly have, Richard and Latonya, made our wedding day one that can go unmatched. We can honestly say not ONE thing went wrong and these people are the ones to thank for that. The staff was beyond professional and attentive, the food was phenomenal and the venue is the prettiest location for a wedding that we have every seen. Richard and Latonya-- We owe you more than we can ever give. We sincerely hope our paths cross again so that we can thank you over and over again!!! To anyone looking to get married, look no further. You will not do any better than The Palace.

The Palace at Somerset Park 17
    The Palace at Somerset Park 18
    The Palace at Somerset Park 19
    The Palace at Somerset Park 20

Vanessa · Married on 11/10/2017

This venue is a Must! My now husband and I fell in love with this venue immediately. Once we booked The Palace, they never stopped going above and beyond. Richard was the most amazing Maitr'd we could have asked for, he made sure everything went down perfectly he made our wedding day stress free. The bridal attendant Stephanie was an angel as well, right from the start she was by my side, helping everything smoothly. 3 weeks later people are still telling us how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was. We could not have picked a better venue.

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2017

The Palace is such a gorgeous venue! I always said my wedding was the closest I’d ever get to being a princess and they really made me feel this way! Their prices are reasonable especially considering they are pretty much all inclusive, something very attractive. You don’t have to pay extra for dinnerware, flatware, linens, a dance floor…etc etc…which many places will, beware! They do provide a “wedding coordinator” which is helpful but also take caution with this and do not confuse her with a planner. The coordinator will be your main contact to gather all the info needed for your wedding day, answer endless questions, and provide suggestions of vendors if needed but she is in no way a wedding planner and is not present the night of your event. The night of the event you are assigned a Maître D and bridal attendant and mine were great! Josh and LaTonya made sure all of our needs were met, assisted the guests, and coordinated the entire night all the while being sure me and my groom were taken care of! I’m sure there were some hiccups in the night (because what event doesn’t have them) but I will never know because they took care of it all and even helped us pack up the shuttle with our things in the end and some food! The food is made on site and is delicious! My only complaint is that I don’t understand why we couldn’t take all the left overs home, especially the cake. I guess I can understand it would be too much of a process for all the food but at least the cake! I hope they donate it and it doesn’t go to waste.

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

The Palace was exceptional! When we originally started searching for a wedding venue we had certain criteria we hoped to meet all while staying within a pretty tight budget. The moment we walked into the Palace we both thought we'd never be able to afford it as it was so grand and beautiful. Obviously this was not the case, as we were able to book a Friday for less than what we were willing to pay per person! From there we met Jillian who was absolutely wonderful! I would email her a million questions at the oddest hours and she would respond to me that same day, usually within the hour. She kept us on track and up to date on everything that needed to be completed. Our food tasting was awesome as they let us bring four guests, and after we ate the chefs came to our table offering to customize things we did not really like; no need though because the food was something our guests could not stop raving about! We met Richard, our maitre d, at the rehearsal and he did a wonderful job at keeping us all on track. The day of the wedding he was always there when you needed something, but never hovered. The event would not have been as smooth and as perfect as it was if he had not been running it; we owe him big time. Stephanie was my bridal attendant, another awesome employee at the Palace. She basically was my shadow and helped me with anything I needed, starting with helping us set up centerpieces and place cards the morning of. All in all, the whole experience was awesome and I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone! Side note, we stayed at the hotel 2 min away who offered us free shuttle services to and from the event.

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2017

I am writing this email to thank you for the excellent customer service the Palace has provided to us and our guests, on our wedding in Sept. 30, 2017. We are so happy that we made the decision to choose the Palace for our wedding, mostly thanks to your staff Richard our Maitre'd and Maya my bridal attendant. I have nothing but great words to say about them, they truly made our wedding possible. Both Richard and Maya went above and beyond, and exceeded our expectations. They already knew what we wanted throughout the night without even asking them. We got the fireworks packaged, yes it was very expensive but how many weddings have you attended that had fireworks? Our guests couldn't believe we had fireworks and said it was like "Disney" Yes, we thought the Palace was pricey, however it was worth every penny and we would do it all over again. Richard, Maya and the entire staff had such great team work that made our night go smoothly. Our guests, especially our families have complemented us by the hospitality of the staff. My husband and I work in healthcare so we know what customer service is about, again I cannot thank you enough and keep up the great work.

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2017

The Palace at Somerset Park was my dream venue.The Palace was phenomenal with every aspect from the beginning of booking the venue all the way through until the end of our wedding night.We were short on our number of guests, absolutely not a problem! They compensated our shortfall with an additional dessert station as well as giving me my bridal suite 3 hours earlier then originally planned! Moving onto the night of the wedding, Josh was our Maitre'd and Gina was my bridal attendant. I can't say enough good things about either of them, if i needed either of them they were always right there. Gina was my wing woman the entire day from 8:30 am through 1:30 am. She was the best bridal attendant, i absolutely loved her! We bonded right away over being like a peach bruising so easily! Gina got me drinks when i needed it, she bustled my dress and took off my veil without any issue. She helped me get into my dress and to use the restroom. I think the best of the night was when i was dancing in my heels and said to me do you want to put your flats on. She sat on the floor and put my flats on my feet, i felt like an absolute princess. Josh was the man, he knew the right things to say to me to make sure i was calm and the night was running smoothly. He hooked Alex and I up with all 3 of our entrees of the night as well as set up a table during cocktail hour with all of the food offerings. He was getting us shots, he was making sure nothing went wrong and if we needed anything. Food was soooo good, i can't complain about any of it and i tried everything. Between the 6+ stations of food during cocktail hour, (a whole roasted pig, leg of lamb, pierogie/kielbasa station, sushi station, chinese station in take out cts, build your own mac and cheese station, etc the cocktail hour just goes on and on, reception food- sage scented gnocchi, chateubriand, cod, free range chicken, and our amazing devils food cake with bavarian cream & strawberries. Book the Palace you won't regret it!

Victoria · Married on 09/01/2017

My wedding was 9/1/17 at the Palace, and words cant begin to describe how thrilled I am to have chosen the Palace. From day 1 booking with Jose, to walking out the door at the end of the night, all of the staff too care of mine and my guest's needs without any questions. Cristina was our planner, and she was the best. I would email her multiple times per week with various questions, and never once did she ever make me feel as if I was a bother. On the day of the wedding, our Maitre'D Richard and bridal attendant Stephanie were lifesavers. While taking pictures, I had an allergic reaction to my flowers, and Stephanie was always standing by with a tissue and water in hand. During the night, she even helped me change out of my heels and into flats!!! She knew exactly what I needed, before I even knew myself. Richard was beyond accommodating. My guests are still talking about how wonderful he was and how he took such good care of all of their needs. The bartender, Danil, always made sure my husband and I had a drink in hand! The food, service, and venue all met and exceeded any expectations I had. Thank you to the entire Palace staff for making my wedding day a dream come true.

The Palace at Somerset Park 21
    The Palace at Somerset Park 26
    The Palace at Somerset Park 27
  • Lauren & Georgio

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2017

The Palace at Somerset park was out of this world! Food was phenomenal and the staff was excellent. Had our wedding here on 8.25.17. The night ran smoothly. Our matire'd David and Bridal Attendant Lajana made sure we enjoyed our night. Guests keep talking about how much fun they had and how friendly the staff was. We can't say enough how happy we were with everything! Thank you so much! You guys were awesome!

Tiffany · Married on 07/23/2017

The Palace went above and beyond to not only meet, but exceed my expectations! The service was amazing and the wedding planner was very helpful throughout the planning process. I got married July 2017, and my guest STILL come up to me to tell me how they have never been to a more elegant wedding that had ENDLESS food! My husband and I booked the East House and we got married on site in the grand foyer. The ceremony was beautiful and it was nothing like I or my guests have ever seen. The staff were extremely professional, so much so that my guests thought there was someone famous or "higher status" at the wedding. The grounds and venue are simply impressive and they are constantly making upgrades. I cannot recommend The Palace enough, you should definitely book them for your wedding venue!

The Palace at Somerset Park 28
    The Palace at Somerset Park 35
    The Palace at Somerset Park 36
    The Palace at Somerset Park 37

Diane · Married on 07/03/2017

The staff at the palace wa so professional from the very beginning. Jose took his time and went over everything with us for my daughter s wedding. The food was delicious and the staff was unbelievable. Can't say enough about Richard and Tonia. They were with us from the beginning to make sure that everything went smoothly. The grounds were beautiful and the reception room looks small for 180 people but no one was crowded and there was plenty of dance room. Would recommend the palace to everyone.

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 07/03/2017

Where do we begin to explain how amazing The Palace was! As wedding vendor ourselves, we had a lot of places to chose from and to consider, but from day one, The Palace was at the top of that list. From our first Meeting to the very last minute of our wedding, they treated us like Family. From multiple emails a day to Alex (Alexandra, was our wedding Coordinator, Btw everyone is awesome at the Palace, but Alex is THE BEST) that she always answered quickly and with the utmost detail to insure that we never walked away from a question with doubts. She was there for every part of the planning. She took all of our ideas, requests, concerns and made sure our day was as magical as we had imagined it to be in our minds. The Entire staff was super helpful and attentive to our every need prior to our wedding day.
    We were in heaven with the service we were receiving, that we didn't think it could get any better! Boy, were we wrong!!!!
    Come our wedding day, after a long, long morning of Pictures, getting ready, our Ceremony 30 minute away, as soon as we pulled up to the Palace, it was a whole different world. David, our Matire D' & Stephanie, our Bridal Attendant, never left our side. From having Drinks for us as we took pictures outside, to making sure we tried our food at cocktail, to insuring our vendors all had what they needed, They were there for us the entire Evening. The amount of positive energy, smiles & laughs they both supplied was out of this world. You could honestly say, they Love what they do and in turned it joyed us beyond belief to know that the people around us were as happy as we were on this special day.
    From there it even got better! The Food was amazing, till this day 25 days later, we still have people committing on how awesome everything tasted! We both had family from Portugal who couldn't stop talking about how much food there was, and how delicious & amazing everything was! Thank you for Everything!