The National Hotel Reviews

The National Hotel 2
  • Anabel

Anabel Delgado · Married on 11/02/2019

Dream Wedding at the National

Ivette Davalos and her team at the National Hotel made our wedding day a perfect day!!!! When we started planning for our wedding, we decided we wanted a fully outdoor wedding ceremony and reception. We did our research and visited a few hotels that provided that. Every other hotel either had an unresponsive events coordinator, or they couldn't accommodate a fully outdoor party or their food/beverage packages couldn't be modified. On my first visit to the National, I was blown away by Ivette's professionalism and kindness and the beautiful outdoor space of the hotel. It was literally, love at first sight. Pictures don't do justice how beautiful this hotel is during the day and at night.
    Ivette was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was always available for anything we needed. She customized the food/beverage package to exactly what we wanted. The weekend of our wedding, her and her staff were very accommodating to us and all our family/friends that visited from out of town and stayed at the hotel. Her and her staff ended up taking care of setting everything up, which was not part of the plan. But like she said to us, she wanted to make sure everyone enjoyed the day. The food and the service was spectacular, just like it was the day of our tasting.
    Ivette, thank you for all the hard work you put towards making sure our day was perfect!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Rosie

Rosie Tuer · Married on 03/04/2019

Ivette was the best! Beautiful venue!

We had our destination wedding in Miami (we're from the UK and have never been to Miami before), which meant planning our wedding was quite tricky as we had to do everything via email and we couldn't visit anywhere before the event

After looking at lots of photographs, doing lots of internet research and relying heavily on Wedding Wire, I found The National Hotel. We had some really specific ideas about how we wanted our venue to be, and Ivette at The National wanted to make it all possible for us right from the start. We wanted a morning wedding, drinks beforehand, a beach ceremony followed by outdoor cocktail hours with free flowing drinks and food which was easy to eat whilst standing up (just to name a few). Plus our wedding was taking place mid-week, shortly after Miami Music week had finished which meant the hotel and the staff had been very busy.

Ivette was always so positive, quick to reply and nice to work with, which helped us to decide on The National quite quickly. She made the entire planning process an exciting delight, even up to the day before when we had the cake topper lost in the mail. Staff at The National made us a cake topper by hand out of copper wire, on the night before our wedding...such care and attention, which we really appreciated!

Everything was perfect and the venue was a dream come true. I believe that it was mostly due to Ivette, she was incredible! Thank you Ivette, and all staff at The National for helping to make our wedding exceptional!

The National Hotel 3
    The National Hotel 4
    Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 12/29/2018

Couldn't be happier

We are beyond thrilled with Ivette and her team at the National and the service for our wedding. We were given amazing treatment both the night before the wedding and the night of. We had everything outside and the hotel accommodated all of our requests. We were able to stay outside until close to midnight with out DJ and it was a blast. I would do it all over again. It was such a relief to have everything in one place and run smoothly and under control. Our wedding planner worked closely with Ivette to ensure everything worked out and it was just perfect.

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible Experience

I could not be more impressed with the National and with Ivette, their in-house wedding coordinator. We had our ceremony, cocktails, and reception at the National, and had our guests stay there as well. Truly phenomanal service all around-- they really know what they are doing! The food was spectacular (we went with the buffet-- beef currasco, mahi, rice and beans, plantains, heart of palm salad, etc.) and they even specially make pastelitos for a little late night snack, which were OUTSTANDING! When the unexpected happened (the Delano threw a bumpin' pool party without a permit from the city), Ivette was on it with a great backup plan for our outdoor ceremony, and we moved to the opposite end of the pool and had a gorgeous, super intimate ceremony that I absolutely loved. Ivette came to me with a solution in hand, which made my life so easy-- all I had to do was say yes! We also had to move the band area (lest they be drowned out by the Delano's music) and the whole National team was quick to accomodate and get everything re-organized. No one had any idea that anything was out of place or not according to our plan! We had an amazing night under the stars and felt totally taken care of every step along the way. I cannot recommend enough that you treat yourself and your guests to an amazing wedding at the National!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Kathriona · Married on 10/26/2018

Dream Wedding

My husband and I traversed the country looking for the perfect venue for our destination wedding for 120 people, and we found that at the National Hotel, right on Collins Avenue in South Beach, Miami.

We worked directly with Ivette from across the country, and she was truly amazing. I absolutely loved her level of professionalism and the fact cares so much about the finer details as I do. She loves her job and you can tell, she is brilliant at it.

With regards to the wedding itself, we had an outdoor wedding reception for 120 people and it was nothing short of breathtaking. We enjoyed a magical evening underneath swaying palm trees and danced with the sea breeze on our back. Not only was the venue fantastic but the food, drinks, and staff were terrific as well. We, in fact, had guests stay on after the wedding as they enjoyed the hotel and hospitality so much.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Meg · Married on 05/12/2018

From the moment I walked into the National Hotel I knew it was the hotel that I was going to get married in! The hotel and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The art deco theme inside and laid back/relaxed feel of the pool area is the perfect location for a wedding. We got married on 5/12/2018. For the food- we were able to custom pick for a Latin feel to our 115 people reception. The food was fantastic! Guests could not stop talking about the Live paella/ and steak with chimichurri. The food was served HOT, there was PLENTY of food, and the staff did a fantastic job of getting people up and avoiding lines!! The Brunch the next day for 60 people was also delicious! People are saying it was their favorite wedding food EVER! The wedding coordinator Ivette was super nice, responsive, professional and easy to work with. She answered all questions/concerns in a timely manner. Unfortunately due to rain we had to move the event inside at the LAST minute- BUT because of the excellence of Ivette and all staff no one knew this was even a back- up plan! All details (and believe me I had a lot!) were moved inside and done perfectly- I would not have changed a thing! The package that the National Hotel has with outside vendors allows you to choose from a variety of linens/ tables and chairs- so you are able to put your own touch to the event! All staff were very professional. Bartenders/ servers all knew about the wedding and made all guests feel important and taken care of during their stay. The upper management was also super involved and helpful. Yaser (The general Manager) went out of his way to make sure everything during our stay was perfect!! Nicole (Director of sales) was super helpful and attentive especially during the planning process and helping my parents in finalizing some details for their stay. Overall everything was executed perfectly, we would not have changed a thing and we cannot wait to go back!! We highly recommend The National Hotel!!
    Cesar and Meg

Sent on 05/24/2018

Marjorie · Married on 10/14/2017

The National Hotel hosted our beach wedding, cocktail hour, and reception last weekend. We booked them 1) because this GORGEOUS venue fit our Great Gatsby theme perfectly, and 2) their wedding package is very inclusive and INCREDIBLY reasonable in price - especially for South Beach.

Things did not start out smoothly. We booked in January for an October wedding. February - June were very stressful months because The National changed their catering/event manager twice. Both times I had to contact the hotel directly in order to find out about the staffing changes. Each time, I'd connect with their new event manager for a week or two, and then get ghosted until finding out about the staff change. By July, I was at my wits' end with the staffing uncertainties and it was too late to book another venue....

Thankfully, Rose Figueroa, their newest event manager reached out to me in July and soothed my frazzled nerves. Rose is FANTASTIC - she's professional, organized, easy to contact, and charming! She has a great eye for planning, and thought of many details I'd have missed. As a result, our wedding day looked like a bridal magazine editorial that you'd favorite on Pinterest. The food, bar, decor, and honeymoon suite were all wonderful, as promised. Rose and her staff were also very accommodating of everyone's needs - even one unruly guest I didn't know about (Sorry, Rose!).

Overall, this hotel is a gem of a wedding venue. I'm surprised that they aren't getting more good reviews or press. Maybe the past staffing changes have something to do with it? Thanks to Rose and her team, our wedding turned out better than I could have ever imagined. As is, I highly recommend having your wedding at The National!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Christine · Married on 10/07/2017

We just got married at the National on January 14 and everything was perfect!! We are from NYC and had 80 of our closest friends and family stay at the National for the week of our wedding. Everyone knew it was our big day and treated our guests like royalty! Yaser and his team truly understand how to throw an amazing wedding and we’re attentive and patient every step of the way!!! I am so so happy we had our wedding at the National and can’t wait to go back again! If you are looking for an intimate wedding where you leave feeling like the staff is family, choose the National!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Sabrina · Married on 10/16/2016

There is no better place in South Beach than getting married at the National Hotel. Wedding Ceremony can be done on the beach as a beach wedding (thats what we did and it was great) or by the pool area, they even have a rain back-up on the terrace or inside. From the first moment on we have been taken care of. When getting married in this hotel, you are treated like a VIP - there is only one wedding, so no other brides around. The hotel special rates for family and friends to stay at the same hotel are fair for South Beach, rooms are great and food is amazing. Allow yourself a massage by the pool - priceless. The entire staff at the hotel were aware of our wedding and did everything possible so that our day was perfect. Catarina - the event planner - was the best! Without her, we wouldn't have had the perfect wedding we had after all!!!! Go for it, you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/25/2016

The National Hotel's reply:

Dear Sabrina -
    thank you so much for your kind words. It was a true pleasure to be part of your special day. Wishing you all the best on this exciting new stage of your life. Come see us again soon - you are part of the National Family now!
    warm regards,
    Catarina Suplicy

Darla · Married on 04/23/2016

We had visited several venues including other hotels before we met with Catarina at the National. We fell in love with the National within minutes and didn't want to look at any other venue. The National is breathtaking and fit with our vision perfectly. It also provided amazing photo opportunities for our first look. Catarina and the whole team were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and took amazing care of us during our stay. We really felt like royalty! We had our rehearsal dinner on the terrace and treated our out of town family to a brunch on Sunday. Our guests raved about the food and service. We also had a few food allergies that needed to be accommodated and they were beyond helpful in taking care of us. It was a perfect wedding weekend. We would highly recommend the National and hope we can return sometime soon. Thank you, Catarina and the National team!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Tricia · Married on 08/01/2015

We had an absolutely magical wedding at the National. Our 120 guests arrived Friday for a welcome reception held on the patio, Saturday we had the wedding and reception poolside, and lastly on Sunday we treated our guests to a breakfast buffet at the hotel. The staff at the National made our entire group feel special, pampered, and exclusively catered to. If you are looking for an absolutely gorgeous venue with the most relaxed and logistics free location I highly recommend Catarina and the National. Our guests are still raving about the most beautiful destination wedding they've ever been to!

Sent on 08/16/2015
  • Genessa

Genessa · Married on 12/13/2014

We searched plenty of venues and reviewed packages and more packages and the National was the best choice for us. Our package included linens, cake, food, bar, Chavari chairs and all the settings but best of all it included MICHELLE (our wedding coordinator). Honestly, throughout the entire process she was very professional. She provided years of experience and was very flexible to work with. The weeks leading to our wedding we provided her with all our final details from vendors, seating charts and bridal party information and she ran with it. During our wedding rehearsal she took full control and was very calm and collective in dealing with some of our guests.

The hotel itself is beautiful the 205ft pool is the setting for spectacular photos. This Art Deco hotel left our guests very impressed. The staff during the reception was very attentive and provided excellent service.

The vendors included in our package were just as wonderful to work with; Elegant Temptations (cake) and Gables Linens.

We highly recommend this location.

Sent on 12/21/2014

We had an absolutely amazing time having our wedding at the National. From the minute we walked in for information and to tour the hotel until the very end, every minute was handled professionally and with so much fun. The food was so good, and I know that our guests had a blast!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Crystal · Married on 05/11/2014

Planning a wedding in Miami is very expensive. I was so close to just eloping until I found the National Hotel. I had both ceremony and reception at the National. Michelle was amazing!!!!! She was there for me at all hours, very responsive and warm. The entire staff was wonderful and respectful. Michelle managed the coordination 100% and was a pleasure to work with. Without her I don't know how my day would've been. I am very happy I chose the National.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Latanya · Married on 03/01/2014

The National Hotel was the perfect venue for my wedding. I love the Art Deco style and I love that it has been renovated so the furniture and colors are rich and sophisticated. (Not flamingo pink and turquoise blue).

Everyone associated with the hotel was polite and attentive the entire day not just during the festivities. Huge praise must go to the social catering manager Michelle. Not only did she handle all of the details before the wedding, she was also the day of coordinator. The day of the wedding she was so calm. I didn't have to stress about anything. I can't sing her praises enough.

I looked around for months for the right venue that didn't break our budget and being such a small, intimate wedding several other places wanted to stick us in a small room in the back where my guests would have to use an entrance separate from the beautiful grand entrance reserved for their larger parties that would be booked the same night. The National books one event per day and I had my choice of locations within the hotel for both the wedding and the reception. We chose the Aqua pool for both but the indoor spaces were gorgeous and available in case it rained.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 01/04/2014

I had the most perfect wedding at the National. Michelle, Julio and the entire National Hotel staff 100% bent over backwards for my entire wedding group! They even upgraded our room to one of the most fabulous suites on the property. The food was wonderful and the party was perfect. All of my guests will be returning to the National when they come to South Beach and of course, we will. Thanks again to everyone at the National for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 02/04/2014
  • Danay

Danay · Married on 10/01/2011

The National Hotel is such a perfect place to get married. The staff bent over backwards to ensure our wedding day went off without a hitch. Maeva Ceadan the catering manager are THE MOST wonderful person and very attentive and helpful. The cocktail and dinner receptions were just fantastic. From the drinks to the food to the service, everything was amazing. Amazing location and beautiful venue. Cannot say enough about this hotel! Love Love this hotel .We plan on going back for our anniversary next year.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2010

The National Hotel definitely holds the title for the most romantic hotel and best wedding venue!! They exceeded our expectations continuously, the location was amazing, the food was to die for and the ambiance was priceless!! Jamie Lipman (coordinator) was extremely professional and helpful and had everything down to the tee! She offered so much help with vendors, setting up and making sure our day was completely unforgettable!! Words cannot explain how perfect the day was there and I wouldn't select any other location but The National!! From start to finish, they gave us Red Carpet treatment and everything was absolutely perfect!! Luis was also our bartender for the wedding and he offered amazing service and was extremely attentetive. He made sure each guest was taken care of to the fullest!! Thank you so much for making our day the best ever!
    Love, Brittany & Kyle

Sent on 10/21/2010

Maarit · Married on 07/03/2010

Where to begin?!

We had a glorius destination wedding in South Beach at The National Hotel. The six days and five nights we stayed at the National Hotel were an absolute dream come true! Many of our 40+ guests also took this opportunity to spend a few days on vacation at The National and we were all treated like royalty.

I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to work with and share this experience with Jamie Lipman and the ENTIRE staff -- from the reception staff who checked us in...the gentlemen who layed out our towels at the beach and pool everyday...the bartenders...the wait staff...the concierge...the chef(s) who prepared the delicious food for our cocktail hour and reception...and of course to Jamie Lipman who coordinated everything and spent hours and hours communicating with us via email during the 1 1/2 years leading up to the big day!! Our wedding ceremony and reception wound up being indoors due to rain, but this great team coordinated with our vendors to perfectly and beautifully translate our outdoor vision inside. (Truly, either way you cannot go wrong at The National)

I think we were the first same sex marriage at this venue - so an overall special thanks on that note to The National for embracing us with open arms.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making all of our dreams come true!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Azadeh · Married on 04/09/2010

My wedding at the National was INCREDIBLE! This was a destination wedding for us, and all 50 of our guests had an amazing time!

Jamie was my contact at the National while I was doing all of my planning. She was extremely helpful in guiding me to the next steps and providing feedback on my vendor choices, decor choices, etc.

For the week of the wedding, I provided her with my vendor contact info, and she handled the coordination of when/where everyone should arrive, so I did not have to worry about any of this.

For the food, we did an incredible tasting, and the food the day of the wedding was great - it tasted the same as it did during our tasting, and our guests told us that they really enjoyed the food!

Sent on 04/18/2010
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 12/05/2009

There aren't enough words to express how amazing this venue is - from the beauty of the hotel, the amazing Jamie Lipman (the catering manager), and the helpfulness of entire staff. I was incredibly happy with the way our wedding turned out. Despite uncertain weather (it rained all day) Jamie stayed calm and optimistic and at the end (very very end) the weather cleared up and our outdoor ceremony and reception were flawlessly executed by her staff. Victor, Jamie's counterpart on the wedding day, was amazing and made sure the both of us (Bride and Groom) drank and ate - he made sure we had a good time and accommodated any request.

Jamie, you're amazing! Thank you so much for everything you've done to ensure we had the perfect wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2009

Nicole · Married on 08/07/2009

Jamie Lipman the coordinater is absolutely the best!!!! The hotel staff was superb. Jamie worked with me within my budget and the event exceded my expectations for the price. I was told that I had a Platnum Wedding by my guests! It was an incredible experience.I highly recommend the National!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Leah · Married on 05/05/2007

I could not have dreamed of a better venue for our wedding. The staff, especially the fabulous event coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure that we did not have to worry about a single thing. Definitely have your wedding here!

Sent on 06/28/2007

paula · Married on 11/05/2005

On Saturday November 5, 2005 we got married at the National Hotel. It was the most amazing, wonderful, PERFECT wedding and every single thing I ever dreamed it would be. Deborah's coordination, vendor suggestions and guidance proved to be indispensable to me in making the event so special. The experience touched our lives in a way that I will never be able to explain. We plan on returning each year for our anniversary ( and we have ) and hope the National will help us celebrate!

Sent on 07/25/2007

Beth · Married on 05/01/2015

The event was great. My only complaint of the evening (and should have addressed it at the time) was we ran out of white wine 30 minutes before the event was scheduled to be over. We had paid for open premium bar and this should never happen. Always better to have more than enough and return what is not consumed.

Sent on 08/17/2015