The Mt. Washington Tavern Reviews

17 Reviews for The Mt. Washington Tavern

17 The Mt. Washington Tavern Reviews
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2018

This place is a hidden gem!

I cannot day enough great things about our experience with The Mt. Washington Tavern! First, let me say that Mary, the event coordinator, is absolutely wonderful! She made the whole process so easy and fun and really put our minds at ease when we got down to the end of planning. She answers any and all questions (no matter how ridiculous) and is extremely helpful. Holly did such a beautiful job on all of the flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnières! I didn’t give her anything specific that I wanted, but she made them all perfectly! The food was AMAZING and we got so many compliments on it. Everyone loved the mashed potato bar, the dessert table, and of course, the open bar! The entire staff was so helpful, especially to set everything up, switch the rooms around, and tear everything down! Everything on our wedding day went off without a hitch and it was amazing! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue in the Baltimore area!

Chris · Married on 08/04/2018

My now husband and I could not be any happier with our decision to have our rehearsal dinner at Mt. Washington Tavern on 8/2/2018. We were lucky enough to work directly with Mary throughout the entire planning process. Mary and her team run a well-oiled machine at the Tavern, and we can’t compliment them enough as to how great the food and service was! We both received numerous compliments from family and friends on how great the rehearsal dinner was and how professional/courteous the entire staff was. We highly recommend Mt. Washington Tavern!

• Nichole

Nichole · Married on 07/07/2018

We LOVED having our wedding at The Mount Washington Tavern! We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here and loved it. Mary and her staff were amazing during the planning and day of the wedding. They were VERY attentive and had a phenomenal response time. They did everything to make our wedding planning become reality. Mary was very good at listening to what we wanted, and making it happen. Holly did a BEAUTIFUL job with the flower design. The food was great, and the cake was wonderful! We could not have imagined a better wedding venue!

The Mt. Washington Tavern 1
    The Mt. Washington Tavern 2
    The Mt. Washington Tavern 3
    The Mt. Washington Tavern 4

Catherine · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Mt. Washington Tavern and we couldn’t have been happier! Mary, the Tavern’s events coordinator, was absolutely fantastic! She was organized, professional and responsive throughout the entire process. She was so accommodating and made sure that the reception went smoothly. The Tavern has a florist on staff, Holly, who is wonderful and did a phenomenal job with our wedding flowers. She exceeded my expectations and I was thrilled by her beautiful arrangements. I received so many compliments on my wedding bouquet and flowers.

The whole MWT staff did a phenomenal job. The food and drinks were delicious and the wedding cake and desserts were to die for. They worked well with my other vendors to ensure that everything went according to plan. My husband and I (and our guests!) had the best time celebrating our wedding at the Tavern. Not only do they throw a great party, did a beautiful job decorating and provided above and beyond service, but they were also reasonably priced. Having my wedding reception at the Tavern was one of the best decisions I ever made. I would highly recommend the Mt. Washington Tavern.

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2017

Our wedding is November 12, 2017 and so Mary Booker had been amazing. I wanted a place that did everything for you, setup, tear down, food, drinks, cake, and this place doesn't disappoint!!! They are very flexible with your requests and am looking forward to the big day!

C · Married on 11/11/2017

Best. Wedding. Ever.

This venue is beautiful, and Mary, the event coordinator, is very easy to work with- she's really casual and open to all ideas. There was no fee for space rental (woo hoo!) and you've got tons of options on food/drinks. We did appetizers, raw oyster bar (with a shucker), full dinner, and full open bar and it was like $100/person- and there was a TON of food left over for us to take home which was cool...

Brooke · Married on 10/22/2017

From planning to the cake serving our wedding was absolutely amazing thanks to Mary, Holly, and the entire MWT crew. Anytime I wanted to change something the answer was always of course. They were available by email or phone at all times. The space was beautifully decorated, everyone complimented our flowers over and over, and the food was amazing. I honestly had the most stress free wedding from start to finish because of these ladies! There is not a single thing I would change about our big day. Have your wedding here, you will not regret it! Thank you to MWT for everything!!!!!

Tyger · Married on 10/13/2017

We recently had a rehearsal dinner at mt Washington tavern. Couldn't have been better. Mary was so easy to work with. The food,staff and accommodations the night of the event were top notch. Headed back again tonight just because we love it there. All the way from NJ!!

• SoontobeMrsSmall

Alicia · Married on 05/27/2017

Mary, Holly, and Shannon were all great!! Very easy to work with, and all very accommodating. They made my brunch wedding a day to remember. The food was great, the cake was delicious, and the flowers and decor were absolutely beautiful! I would recommend them 100%!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2016

I cannot recommend the Mt. Washington Tavern enough as a venue. And Mary Booker is the ultimate party planning coordinating queen! Seriously! She was always there to answer my questions and she made our wedding day absolutely perfect. The entire staff was beyond wonderful and everyone was raving about how incredible the reception was! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Gerry · Married on 11/19/2016

We used the upstairs room of the Tavern for the rehearsal dinner. With out of town guest for the wedding (who were invited also to the rehearsal dinner), we had about 65 people. The room was a great size. There was enough space for standing before dinner, speeches and the like during dinner and mingling after dinner. The food was super. Drink selection was really good. Appetizer selection was really good and all were fantastic.

Planning was super easy - one session to pick menu. Then we had a few follow up requests - the answer to all of which was always "okay."

The dinner went off without a hitch, service was top notch and all had a great time.

Rachael · Married on 10/15/2016

I loved everything about my experience and wedding day at the Mount Washington Tavern. Mary, who was the planner, was amazing and guided me through the whole process. The decorations/flowers were also done by the Tavern (Holly) and I cannot begin to explain how perfect everything was! The food was great, service amazing, and just a great, memorable day. We rented the entire top floor for ceremony and reception and it was a seamless transition. The best part, it was very affordable as we didn't want to spend anymore than 15- tops on everything (dress, gifts, flowers, food, alcohol)...and proudly accomplished that. Thank you again Mount Washington Tavern!

• ReadAllAboutIt

Stefani · Married on 10/08/2016

If you're looking for a low-key, intimate, classy style wedding - the Tavern is the place to have it! We wanted a simple venue for a small wedding with delicious food and tons of craft beers and that is what we got! Mary was such a pleasure to work with and our day went off without a hitch! Could not be happier with our choice!

Danielle · Married on 08/20/2016

We had such a great experience here!! Mary, Holly, Shannon and the entire team at Mt. Washington Tavern were awesome! They were very accommodating, helpful, and professional. Our wedding day went so smoothly and we got so many compliments on the beautiful space, decorations (there are so many beautiful lights and fixtures in the tavern) food, and flowers. The guests really loved the patio! They really took care of everything and made the planning process very relaxed :) Great value and great people - highly recommend!

Gulielma · Married on 07/30/2016

I held my wedding reception in the Chesapeake room of MWT on July 30, 2016, the day of the historic flooding. Mary (events manager) and Holly (florist) were fabulous to work with. I travel a ton for work and couldn't be as hands on as some brides, and Mary and Holly took my preferences and created a fabulous, elegant, but low-key look, which was exactly what I wanted. The food was awesome, and all of my family and friends' special food needs (dairy free, gluten free, vegan, etc.) were accommodated and everyone was happy. Shannon, the pastry chef, made me a unique wedding cake with angel food cake tiers, strawberries and whipped cream, which was exactly what I asked for--and it was amazing. I brought in my own DJ/MC duo and they were able to set up their equipment in the corner with no problem; the wood floor was great for dancing. The overall value was incredible; we kept it just around $10k for ~110 guests. Considering that the basement flooded during my event, I am so impressed at the professionalism and hospitality of this team. I would highly recommend MWT as a venue--they really do it all.

Melissa · Married on 07/03/2009

If you are looking for a small, intimate venue and more bang for your buck, the Mt Washington Tavern is the place to go. They were extremely flexible for our tiny budget... they even chose flowers to set on the tables that matched our colors so we saved huge there! We rented out the Garden room which turns into a dance floor nicely. We got sooooooooo many compliments from guests on the venue!