The Morehead Inn Reviews

7 | Charlotte, NC

7 Reviews for The Morehead Inn

Andrea · Married on 05/26/2018

I cannot say enough great things about our experience with the Morehead Inn. Ashley was an absolute dream to work with. She made the entire process so easy and pleasant from start to finish. She listened to my description of how we wanted our wedding to look and feel and went over and above to make that happen. It could not have been more perfect and I can’t thank her enough. Even when we were dealing with the possibility of rain she gave us all the options and let us know we had the final say so. There was never any pressure or stress through the whole process. Chef Myra was absolutely perfect. We wanted to do something a little different and she jumped right on board. She had so many great suggestions and the food was absolutely fantastic. You don’t often say that about wedding reception food but I’m still getting messages about how great the food was! Every staff member that worked there was so friendly and warm. They made my family feel just like we were staying in their personal house. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing! I will recommend the Morehead Inn to anyone looking for a venue that gives you that personal attention and intimate feeling.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Denise · Married on 01/01/2017

I married there and my daughter married there 24 years later and it was a great, personal , accommodating experience each time. It was a wonderful experience and amazing value.

Sent on 08/25/2017
  • User4782020 · 2+ years ago

I have nothing but great things to say about the Morehead Inn. The staff is so helpful and great at what they do. The venue itself is gorgeous, southern, elegant, cozy, and welcoming. The food was amazing as well. I am so glad I chose to spend one of the most important days of my life there!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Cathy · Married on 06/10/2017

3.0

The Morehead was the perfect wedding venue for us. Absolutely stunning and had a true southern vibe. The staff was amazing and they are incredible at getting every detail just right. My only complaint is how slow their sales person is to communicate but once your wedding date is closer you work with an event coordinator that stays in close contact. Their pricing is unbeatable for what you get and we did a filet and crab cake entree and everyone was so impressed with the food! The Morehead Inn is the best of the best in Charlotte!

Sent on 07/01/2017

gabriela · Married on 09/19/2015

3.5

Billy maddalon did not care one iota about what went on at his establishment on my wedding day. Everything provided by the facility was messed up, not there, or inadequate with the exception of the food which was fantastic. It took us months to get in contact with billy and he did refund us because he had no choice when presented with the facts. Do not recommend.

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • User4920742 · 2+ years ago

0.5
      2.5
      3.0
      2.0

Although we LOVED this venue and our wedding was amazing, I would not recommend this venue to a friend. The staff turnover is high, so while planning our wedding a lot of things got lost throughout their changes. Since our original wedding coordinator left the business and we were NEVER informed, our new coordinator was extremely unorganized. If you book this venue, take your own notes, read their contracts well, and be as present and evolved as you can! On the more positive, the rooms are cozy and adorable. The venue is unique, welcoming and beautiful. The food was AMAZING and they did work well on customizing our menu.

Sent on 03/28/2015

0.0

My experience with MHI was by far the biggest disappointments I endured as a bride. I do not want another couple to have to go through what we went through with them. MHI was recommended by my wedding Planner, Angela, who told us that they would accommodate our every need.
    On Jan 15th we finally received an email from their new Coordinator, Kaylie, who said that the Chef would be ready to provide us a tasting on Feb 4th, a month late. She said that we have to rent them a fryer, would NOT allow any outside catering & would have to pay for each of our tasting; which was not stated on the contract. I went back for 4 tastings and the dishes finally came out decent but far from the traditional flavors.
    April 4th was the date that the final head count was due as well as the remaining balance. The invoice amount was wrong & it showed us being charged for the tasting. Angela she said that she would consult with Billy and Kaylie. We agreed to make the pymt on April 8th even though we didn’t agree with the amount we were charged for. I emailed Kaylie that morning and said that my fiancé would call her with the cc #, which she told us was ok. By midday, we received an email from Kaylie who said that Billy told her to tell us that they would no longer take our credit card and that the only form of pymt he would accept would be cash or cashier’s check or our event would be cancelled. The next day he sent us a threatening email demanding cash and that he would take us to court b/c we breached our contract by cancelling our event. We reminded him that he was the one that said our event would be cancelled if we didn’t provide the other form of payment and because of his nasty behavior; we did not want do business with him anymore. On April 10th he ran our card w/o notifying us and told Angela that we could still have our event there. We were livid that Billy charged our card after he cancelled our event and demanded we pay him in cash.

Sent on 12/03/2014

The Morehead Inn's reply:

We take exception to this review and contend that it’s not accurate. No business would behave in the manner that’s been described. Morehead Inn’s reviews are consistently positive and no other client has ever suggested they’ve been treated this way. This client insisted that they had been promised that they could bring in their own food for their wedding. The Morehead Inn has never allowed someone to bring in food for a wedding. We also hosted six private tastings for a custom menu, where the client provided recipes. At each tasting there was something wrong. After the second tasting, the client was informed that we would expect to be reimburses for the cost of food and chef’s time for additional tastings. The client opted to schedule 4 additional tastings. The chef and I even went to eat at a local Asian restaurant, at the client’s request, so that we could taste the menu items “the way they were supposed to taste”.

The contract called for payment of the invoice 14 days prior to the event date. Ten days prior to their event, the client stopped responding to emails and had still not paid. Their event planner even attempted to pay for the event herself and have them reimburse her, but they told her not to. Four days prior to their event they sent another email saying they intended to cancel and requested a refund. We advised the client that their consistent with their contract terms that they would lose their money if they did so. Their own planner advised them to move forward with the event and not lose their money. Despite the contract and their planner’s advice, the client chose to cancel. They then requested a refund through American Express, who conducted two thorough reviews of the contract and the communication chain. American Express sided with our company both times and refused to refund the payment.

We’re disappointed that this ended this way.