The Miner Details Reviews

21 | Washington, DC

21 Reviews for The Miner Details

Patrick D. · Married on 05/08/2021

Katelyn made everything so easy for us

Hiring Katelyn was the best decision we made for our wedding day. When Lisa and I got engaged - it was obvious early on that we would need help navigating the wedding planning process. We interviewed a few planners - but we both immediately knew after talking to Katelyn that she was the right one for us.

She took our original vision (120 person brunch party) and broke it down into manageable tasks & decisions - always giving us a list of pre-vetted vendors, ideas of what to ask, and gave us ideas for the creative direction.

Then, like most May 2020 couples, we realized that we'd need to postpone the entire event. Katelyn handled all of the complications for us - contacting our vendors, reviewing our contracts, and finding options for a postponement. She took all of the stress away from us - and kept us in the loop the entire time.

We eventually decided on a much smaller affair (18 people in a garden in Arlington County) - and she was able to work with our original vendor team so that we didn't lose any of our deposits & we were still able to go ahead with the team we had worked hard to secure.

Her day-of coordination was perfect. She handled our rehearsal the night before - answering questions from our parents & bridal party. She was at our venue early the next morning - coordinating all of our vendors & setting up our tables. She kept the event on time (we had 100 guests attending virtually) - which allowed for the the 18 of us who were there in person to really relax and enjoy the day.

Lisa and I highly recommend Katelyn of The Miner Details!

Sent on 06/01/2021

Cara M. · Married on 04/10/2021

Simply the best!

Working with Katelyn was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process. She consistently went above and beyond with each vendor we worked with. Throughout planning, Katelyn facilitated incredibly detailed check-ins to help keep us on track for our big day. I never once worried that a detail went unnoticed. With rain in the forecast on our wedding day, we trusted Katelyn completely to execute the ceremony and reception with our rain plan preferences in mind. The day was absolutely flawless. Planning a wedding during COVID-19 was no small feat, but Katelyn handled everything with ease and confidence. We cannot recommend Katelyn more highly.

Sent on 05/23/2021
  • Michael

Michael K. · Married on 04/09/2021

Absolute perfection

Katelyn's work is flawless and her level of effort and care is on a level that exceeds even the highest expectations. Her attention to detail is unmatched and the combination of her expertise with her warm, fun, and calming personality guarantees a perfect experience. It's hard to encapsulate everything into a quick review because the benefits of hiring Katelyn are endless. Her correspondences are clear, prompt, expertly organized. She is extremely responsive and dealt beautifully with many different personalities involved with putting the wedding together, including family and vendors - all of whom remarked on what a pleasure it was to work with her. It might seem impossible to have a wedding planning process that is totally stress free, but Katelyn makes it a reality. By the time the wedding week arrived, there was nothing left to do but enjoy the ride. Katelyn and Alex made it possible to feel entirely present and carefree on our special day. We never stressed once about logistics or processes because Katelyn was so diligent, thorough, and professional. Katelyn is not only a professional, but also a fun, kind, genuine person with a wonderful sense of humor, naturally attuned to her clients' feelings and needs. Katelyn is not just a perfect planner - she is a special person who will make you feel heard, understood, and cared for. Our experience with Katelyn was, in short, phenomenal.

Sent on 11/05/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Michael!! There are tears in my eyes right now! I knew from the second I met you that you were one of the most delightful people on the planet, and being part of your wedding planning process only confirmed that even more. Watching you and your husband come together was, above all else, a true honor. From our planning calls, to the most fun rehearsal -- maybe ever -- to the most beautiful event Bayside has ever seen, wedding planning with you was too much fun and I'm so grateful to have been part of your day. Thank you for trusting me with your celebration!
  • Andrew

Andrew H. · Married on 04/09/2021

Do yourself a favor - hire The Miner Details!

Working with Katelyn was probably the best decision we made in planning our wedding. From the start, she was sensitive to our needs and preferences and dedicated to finding out exactly how we'd like the day to go. She noticed small details and discrepancies in our vendor contracts and worked those out for us - she also formed positive relationships with our vendors and kept everyone abreast of the plan for the day. Most importantly, Katelyn and her husband Alex had such a kind and calm presence and made us feel so taken care of throughout our wedding weekend. They anticipated our needs, often addressing things before we even mentioned them, and made clear to us that our enjoyment was the most important thing for them. Because we felt so secure that the details were all taken care of, we got to just focus on the elements of the wedding that we wanted to and we had such a blast. Big time thanks to Miner Details.

Sent on 11/06/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Omg, Andrew! Thank you so much for these sweet words!! You'll never fully know how much of an honor it was to be part of your wedding day. I loved planning with you and your family so so so very much and could not have imagined a more perfect celebration. From the beautiful greenery on the farm tables & the fireplace, to the glowy atmosphere we created with the Edison lights, to the local treats station your guests loved so much, your wedding day was one for the books and I couldn't be happier to have been a part of it. Thank you again!

Jcv · Married on 03/02/2021

Great Experience

We used Katelyn for the "middle" level of service because we already had a venue and contracted with several other vendors for services. She gave us great recommendations for the vendors we still needed. More importantly, Katelyn kept us on track and reminded us of a lot of little details I had not thought about, but made the wedding day even more special and organized. The actual wedding day could not have gone smoother- I did not worry about anything! When we arrived at the venue, she had hung all the decorations and organized everything perfectly. She even contacted Uber for the getaway car for the couple. Can't say enough good things about the experience.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Jackie W. · Married on 02/05/2021

The Miner Details is Amazingggg!

Katelyn is amazing!! Despite the craziness of the wedding day, she was there each step of the way. We are beyond grateful for her services.

Sent on 06/06/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you so much, Jackie! It means the world to me to have gotten to share in your and Michael's perfect wedding day. Your "sing-in" will always be one of my favorite memories, and I loved getting to hear so many fantastic things about you both during the evening's toasts. Wishing you all the very best as you start the next chapter - both newlywed life & law school!
  • Lisa

Lisa P. · Married on 04/04/2020

Hiring Katelyn was the best decision we made for our wedding!

We’d like to provide Katelyn Miner (of The Miner Details) with our highest recommendation as a wedding planner. After getting engaged in 2019, we enlisted Katelyn to plan a 100+ person wedding and manage coordination between a large venue, catering service, and other vendors. From the beginning, Katelyn was a dream to work with, working hard to accomplish any and all tasks in a timely manner -- giving us a list of vendors, providing us with regular updates as to her efforts, and quickly tracking down the many odd questions we had down. Her attitude was consistently positive and friendly, getting us through the various dilemmas and roadblocks effortlessly. She also has a broad network of contacts (photographers, florists) that she recommended, who pitched in and made the planning process a true team effort.

Then, March 2020. Like many couples, we were forced to postpone and downsize our wedding due to COVID. Obviously, this was a very sad turn of events, but Katelyn kept our spirits up with her kindness and relentless efforts to refashion our wedding. Despite the unpredictable environment and context, Katelyn always kept us on track, providing great recommendations and regularly pulling off complex requests within days. By the beginning of 2021, Katelyn had almost single-handedly overhauled our wedding to maximize safety, while still offering our guests a great time.

In May, we finally had our beautiful wedding ceremony. We downsized to 18 people and decided to live-stream for the rest of our guests. Katelyn’s “day of” execution was seamless - she effortlessly managed the many moving pieces of the ceremony (caterers, live stream, DJ, venue) and delivered a truly perfect day. The success of the day is a testament to Katelyn’s impressive planning and organization skills, the ease with which she works with others, and her gracious spirit. Through all the ups and downs, she proved the perfect planner and a great friend.

Sent on 05/17/2021
  • John

John · Married on 10/12/2019

Best wedding planner ever!

My wife and I got married in October 2019. We were engaged for over 2 years and hired The Miner Details early on in the process. Katelyn was a joy to work with the entire time. Even while she lived in London (she has moved to D.C permanently since) she was highly responsive to any questions we had, and we had plenty. She would set up check in meetings to make sure we were on track with our timelines. She recommended all vendors, set up meetings and followed up with them when needed. On the day of the wedding she made everything run seamlessly. She is extremely detailed and highly professional. We have already recommended The Miner Details to several people and would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking for a wedding planner. This was by far the best investment we made!

Sent on 11/17/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

John, you are just the sweetest! Thank you so much for taking the time to share these beautiful words. You have no idea how much I enjoyed getting to know you and your new wife -- planning is always even more fun when the groom is involved too!! Your wedding day was so special for me (and Alex too), and I'm so glad TMD was able to be part of it. Looking forward to staying in touch with you and the Mrs.! Thank you again =D

Alexandra · Married on 10/12/2019

We love you, TMD!!

A few months after I got engaged in Sept. 2017, I found Katelyn and The Miner Details (TMD) online. After our initial email exchange, I knew I wanted to work with her. Of all the decisions I made over the 2 years of wedding planning, this was by far the best! Katelyn is an absolute joy to work with: responsive, positive, detail-minded, thoughtful, and so creative. Early on she made a timeline of planning milestones, which really kept us on track and on budget. My husband and I had so many questions, and she helped answer them all. She spent so much time making sure every little detail was just what we wanted, and coordinated with all the vendors.
    More than anything, I was able to sleep at night knowing that my big day was in her very capable hands. TMD was there every step of the way, and ensured that our wedding was stress-free and magical. It was one of the happiest days of my life and I am incredibly grateful for everything that she did. Katelyn, you are the best! I’m so glad you’re in my life.

Sent on 11/17/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you so much for these beautiful words, Alexandra!! I loved, loved, loved getting to know you both throughout all of the planning, and it was truly an honor to get to be part of your wedding day! From the gorgeous red blooms we choose for the reception, to the most delicious cake (actually ever), to pulling off a fun surprise for your sweet groom - there are so many pieces of your day that I know I'll never forget. Looking forward to continuing to follow your glamorous newlywed adventures!
  • Lauren

Lauren Y. · Married on 09/05/2019

Katelyn is a great wedding coordinator!

Katelyn is fantastic. I didn't have to worry about anything at all on my wedding day because she was so organized and prepared. She let us keep our own style, while guiding us through the schedule and coordinating the day. She was very responsive to emails and phone calls, and made our wedding a fun and exciting day. She has a great personality, was fun to plan with, and always had things under control. I definitely recommend her to other couples who are looking for help planning or coordinating their wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Aww, Lauren, you're the sweetest! LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all of these beautiful moments captured during your day too =) I'm so honored to have been part of the celebration of your marriage. You and Guy are a truly wonderful couple! Can't wait to keep following your adventures!
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/27/2019

Attentive, supportive, organized and INCREDIBLE!

Working with Katelyn was absolutely amazing and we can't recommend The Miner Details enough! Throughout my 18 months of planning, Katelyn kept me sane, on track, and excited for the wedding that at times, felt overwhelming! In the weeks and months leading up to our big day, it was so fun to meet with Katelyn and she was so organized that I felt so reassured that everything would fall into place - and thanks to her, it did!! We had the most amazing wedding, with everything so thoughtfully executed. Katelyn had provided personalized recommendations after hearing our priorities and we were so appreciative of these details that had never occurred to us, but really made a difference in our wedding. Our guests are still commenting to us that everything flowed so smoothly and all our decor was beautifully displayed! I was so calm on my wedding day because I was confident that I was in good hands. Katelyn was so wonderful to work with and I so highly recommend working with The Miner Details! She was so respectful of the unique personality of my family, she was there to support any decision we made, and planning with her felt like talking to a friend!

Sent on 09/03/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Anna! Reading this beautiful review brought tears to my eyes. You were such a stunning bride and an absolute dream to work with! I loved how thoughtful each and every detail of your wedding day was -- and I know your guests did too! From the tiniest things like fans at the ceremony, all the way through to your epic sparkler send-off, your love is truly HOT, and I'm so honored to have been part of your day at Stone Tower!

Nina · Married on 06/01/2019

Hiring Miner Details was the best vendor decision we made for our wedding

Working with Katelyn was an absolute dream. She anticipated all of our needs steps ahead of us and helped us execute all of our ideas. Our wedding day was flawless and logistically perfect because of her attention to detail and experience in the field. I was blown away time after time when I would start stressing about an issue and she would have already thought about it and had the solution ready to go. Not only is Katelyn a total wiz at making sure logistics are running smoothly but her supportive and positive personality made the wedding planning process more manageable and enjoyable. Highly highly highly recommend Miner Details if you are looking for your wedding day to be smooth and everything you envisioned.

Sent on 09/07/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Miss Nina, thank you so much for these sweet words! Likewise, I felt like working with you was an absolute dream. I truly LOVED bringing your pretty-in-pink Woodend wedding day to life, and continue to wish you and Matt all of the happiness married life has to offer!

Claire · Married on 01/12/2019

Flexible and Efficient

Katelyn took our busy schedules, abstract ideas, and made them into a beautiful wedding! We hired Katelyn on a Tuesday and by Thursday she had a list of potential venues for us. She had great checklists for us to use as we assessed our vendors so that we'd be thinking of the right questions and identifying what was important to us. She was the perfect balance of keeping us on track and respecting our busy work schedules. A few last minute hiccups, like a rescheduled DJ, she handled with ease. Our wedding ultimately received rave reviews from our friends and family (and us!). Thanks so much, Katelyn!

Sent on 04/07/2019

The Miner Details's reply:

Ohmigosh, thank you so much, Claire! It was truly a pleasure to help you and Sam plan the most special wedding day. I love love loved getting to know you both throughout the process - and your families once they got to town too! Helping you reflect your awesome personalities into all of the fun little details of your day was the absolute best part for me. I'll never forget the perfect winter wonderland of a day it was! Wishing you guys so much love and happiness for the future

Allison · Married on 10/13/2018

My name is Allison and I had the pleasure of working with Katelyn as a Matron of Honor. Katelyn assisted with planning an amazing bachelorette weekend and I could not be more grateful for her help!

Katelyn really knows what busy brides need. I'm a busy MoH and Katelyn was consistently incredibly helpful with every part of bachelorette planning. She gave us options, timely reminders, and took care of minutae that is SO important, but also time consuming.

Katelyn was also a joy to work with. She has a genuine enthusiasm not only for planning, but for making sure that the event reflects the bride and her personality.

I have to admit that I've planned 3 other bachelorette weekends without any help, and I started out wondering if I would even be able to use Katelyn much. Boy, was I wrong. If I ever have to plan another weekend, I'd be sure to give her a call!

If you're looking for someone who is one of the most organized, thoughtful, helpful, cheerful in the business, work with The Miner Details!

Sent on 10/01/2018

The Miner Details's reply:

Miss Allison, thank you so very much for these beautiful words! Working with you to plan such a fun weekend, for a truly special group of ladies made my heart so happy. It also made me want to get to Asheville ASAP =D I'll be forever grateful that our paths crossed during this very special time for your dear friends. Please don't be a stranger!
  • Amy

Amy M. · Married on 10/13/2018

A night to remember!

Hi Katelyn,

Thank you for such a lovely message. You did something for us that will always be part of our family, by helping Leslie's  dreams come true!  It was such a magical weekend! Every detail was taken care of for Leslie and Adam. I truly appreciate all you did. I was very spoiled having you be key keeper for me too!  I appreciate your help with the ribbon sticks as well, breaking all the glow Sticks was above the call of duty. We all mentioned on Sunday what a wonderful as well as exhausting job you did! We all appreciate so much how you made the entire weekend a huge success.  Having two other daughters weddings I know how much you did!

Hope you enjoy your time in London, good luck and I really enjoyed meeting you and had such a memorable weekend. Thank you for a lifetime of beautiful memories!

Sincerely,

Amy

Sent on 10/25/2018

The Miner Details's reply:

Oh Amy, reading your kind words brought tears to my eyes! I am so honored to have been part of such an important celebration for your family. I had an absolute blast celebrating with all of you, and want you to know that helping your daughter bring her wedding day to life will be a forever memory for me too. Wishing your entire family nothing but happiness in the years ahead!
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2018

More than just a planner

We hired The Miner Details for partial wedding planning services for our wedding on October 13, but by the end of planning Katelyn was much more than just our planner, she was an integral part in a wonderful, memorable day. I wasn't sure I would need or want a coordinator at first, but from my very first conversation with Katelyn I knew our wedding would be in good hands. We had a specific theme in mind, and Katelyn helped us bring that to reality in a way that far surpassed our expectations. My husband and I have said many times over the past year that hiring Katelyn was probably the single best decision we made in planning our wedding, and probably the best value too. She is highly organized, friendly, responsive, and professional, but also goes above and beyond to make sure our wishes and personalities are reflected in her results. I highly recommend Katelyn, in fact I would give more than 5 stars if possible, and will hopefully find an excuse to work with her myself again soon!

Sent on 12/10/2018

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you so much, Leslie! Working with you and Adam to plan the perfect wedding day will forever be a happy memory of mine! You were dream clients and your day just radiated joy! It was the absolute best to get to witness how much fun you, your bridal party and your guests had throughout your celebration. It was truly an honor to bring Oktoberfest to DC with you both!

Erin · Married on 11/04/2017

I worked with Katelyn to plan my sister's Bachelorette weekend. I felt overwhelmed at first, but Katelyn made the whole process a breeze! I gave her bare minimum details (since I'm not a planner whatsoever) and she was able to recommend a full weekend of food and fun!!! She provided me with a scheduled itinerary, top restaurants and bars in the area, and advice to me for how to run the whole thing! Katelyn was always available to talk, too! She emails quickly and the responses are always very detailed and helpful. The bachelorette weekend was a great success and I honestly could not have done it without Katelyn's support and skill! Thank you Katelyn!!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you, Erin! Megan was so lucky to have you as her MOH. It was really special to work with you to plan her bachelorette party. That weekend is such a fun part of celebrating a bride-to-be, and from what I heard from you and saw on Instagram, everyone had a blast and lots of great memories to take home with them from your time in Newport!

Megan · Married on 11/04/2017

I first worked with Katelyn to help plan a friend’s bachelorette party. I was so impressed by her organization and passion for planning I knew I wanted her assistance in planning my own wedding. Katelyn is full of energy and genuine interest in making your wedding the best, most carefree day! Her emails are thorough and enthusiastic, she thinks of every detail! Having just planned her own wedding, she is experienced and can relate to the stresses of wedding planning. I highly recommend hiring The Miner Details! Thank you Katelyn!!

Sent on 01/08/2018

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan! You and Nate are a wonderful couple, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of your celebration. I truly loved our talks about countless bachelorette and wedding details over the years - it made watching your perfect day come to life even sweeter! Wishing you both all the happiness 'together forever' has to offer.

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

Katelyn is an absolute life saver when it comes to wedding planning! In the months (more like year) leading up to my wedding she was always available to bounce ideas off of and helped me pull together all of the details to make a perfect 'DC Chic' wedding. You can really tell her background in marketing pays off- she has such an eye for the little details and how each individual item ties together into a cohesive theme. On the day of my wedding she was so organized and calm and helped trouble shoot the minor issues that came up - so much so that I didn't even realize they were happening! My wedding was the absolute best day every and I couldn't have done it without her! I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2017

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! I had such a blast with you and Jimmy on your special day - and in all the months leading up to your wedding. I absolutely loved talking with you about all of the little details throughout the planning process. You guys are such a special couple, and getting to play a part in helping you plan your 'DC chic' wedding was truly an honor.

Allie · event on: 05/14/2016

I worked with Katelyn to plan my friend's bachelorette party. She was amazing! I gave her an overview of what the bridal party was looking to do for the weekend, and she came back with a ton of ideas for us to choose from. Once we selected our activities, she put together an itinerary for the weekend - which even included game ideas for down time at the airbnb. She went above and beyond by giving me suggestions on how to handle payment for the weekend, to ensure it didn't get awkward at every meal when the check came.

Sent on 09/05/2017

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you, Allie! I had such a blast helping you plan the bachelorette party in Nashville! Your bride to be was so lucky to have you - and such a big group of girls - to help her celebrate before her big day! It's always great to hear such nice feedback, I'm super happy that everyone had a good time!

Caitlin · Married on 12/27/2015

Katelyn was a joy to work with during my wedding preparations. Her enthusiasm and professionalism are truly reflected in her work. As someone that is very organized myself, Katelyn blew me away with her ability to plan and execute. From logistics to pep talks, Katelyn covers it all. The best part about working with Katelyn is that she never lets the details and planning take away from the joy of the celebration.

Sent on 09/27/2017

The Miner Details's reply:

Thank you, Cait! Being part of your marriage celebration will be a memory I cherish forever. Getting to know you and Pete as a couple throughout the process was so wonderful. You guys have such a special love story, and it was truly a privilege to help you plan your wedding day!