The Madison Hotel Reviews

154 | Morristown, NJ

154 Reviews for The Madison Hotel

154 The Madison Hotel Reviews

Carrie · Married on 09/07/2018

Having our wedding at the The Madison Hotel made our day absolutely unforgettable. We had our ceremony and reception in the conservatory, and everything was absolutely gorgeous. The food was outstanding, service was impeccable—we had Chuck as our maître d’, and he was fantastic. He was so attentive and made sure everything we needed and wanted, we got. Tim was incredibly helpful through the entire process, we really can’t say enough great things about this venue!

Terri · Married on 09/01/2018

Tim,
    We want to most heartily and gratefully thank you for the outstanding service that we received at our wedding last weekend . Patti, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely outstanding. Not one detail escaped her attention. She made herself available for every important time and question for the event . She redid my daughters bustle. Set extra passed h’or oeuvres while taking pictures during the cocktail hour. She even found batteries and a screwdriver to put together the Thanos gauntlet for the final dances !
    The room was breathtaking , the food was so delicious, and the support service was outstanding.
    Thank you so much for your professionalism . It was truly appreciated. It did not go unnoticed that your presence was on sight during the ceremony and setup of the reception. Our event was amazing and it was truly a reflection of the dedication of your staff to create such a wonderful event. Thank you again.

Jen · Married on 08/26/2018

This place put together the most spectacular wedding for us. The staff and maitre d were amazing. Everything was perfect and the venue is beautiful !!!

Brian · Married on 07/28/2018

What an amazing day! The staff, the facility, and the atmosphere at The Madison Hotel made our wedding day amazing! We’ve already booked a room to go back and celebrate our 1st anniversary. From the moment we arrived for the rehearsal dinner Friday night to the moment we checked out Sunday, everything was perfect. The best part is being able to have every aspect under one beautiful roof. The remodeled conservatory, reception room, even the ladies room are gorgeous. They are updated while honoring the integrity of the historic building. Tim and Joe took care of us as though we were family. The people at the Madison Hotel are committed to making every event a fantasy!

Mala · Married on 06/03/2018

[ review posted by MOG, but written personally by the bride and groom ] We LOVED our wedding at the Madison Hotel. Every step of the way was enjoyable and highly professional. We had to do most of the coordination with the hotel long-distance, and the staff was always responsive and attentive. Most impressively The Madison Hotel Catering staff addressed our unique needs beautifully. Our guest list included a significant number of professional athletes and so we requested the chef "lighten up" our brunch menu and add lots more vegetables and healthy items. We were highly impressed with the results and our guests were delighted. The location was gorgeous and the staff did a wonderful job of quickly transforming the room with our multiple flower arrangements and gifts for each guest on each table. At every moment the staff aimed to please and the result was a magical and smooth wedding. We are beyond satisfied and happy!

Nikita · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our ceremony in the Conservatory and our reception in the Ballroom of the Madison Hotel. I fell in love with this venue the moment I saw it! I especially loved the Conservatory because it gave you that outdoor garden feel without having to worry about the weather. Also, the plants and flowers that they have in there are so beautiful, you can save money because you do not need ceremony decorations. We worked with Joe throughout the planning process and he was wonderful! He answered all of our questions and was very helpful in all aspects of planning. About a week before our wedding, we found out that Tim was going to be the maître d' for our wedding. Although Tim was not as familiar with our event plans, he did a good job and the day went smoothly. The food was great and the cake was delicious (we highly recommend the cookies and cream!). The hotel provided two large rooms on the first floor for the girls and guys to get ready in. Our photographer had fun taking pictures throughout the hotel and outside near the antique train cars. After the wedding, we had an after party at the bars in Rod's and GK's. Both bars are right next to each other, so it was easy for our guests to move back and forth to socialize. Many of our guests stayed over at the hotel, and the hotel rooms were clean, well-furnished, and very reasonably priced. We also had many guests traveling from NYC, and the train station is directly across the parking lot from the hotel. So convenient! Overall, I am so thrilled with how our wedding turned out and would highly recommend the Madison Hotel!

The Madison Hotel 1
    The Madison Hotel 2

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2018

Tim and his crew made all my wedding dreams come true! They answered all my questions througout the planning process and took care of everything so I could relax and enjoy my wedding day! I would book my wedding with the Madison over and over again! All the guests had a great time and it was truly magical and the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/09/2018

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Hello Jennifer, It was a pleasure working with you and I am so happy to hear you and Ed enjoyed your wedding reception and you thought it was "magical" and "the best day of your life"! All the best for a joyful and healthy future together and I hope to see you both again soon! Sincerely, Tim MacHale Director of Catering
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/17/2018

My wedding yesterday was absolutely amazing thanks to your staff! You all were so on top of everything and my husband and I couldn't be happier right now. Choosing to have our wedding in your gorgeous venue was be far the best decision we could have made. Thank you so much!

Kristin · Married on 03/10/2018

The Madison Hotel was the first and only venue that my Husband and I looked at. We fell in love right away with how beautiful the Conservatory was. Throughout the planning process we did work with different Catering Staff members, but each one knew where we were in the planning process and returned my emails and phone calls with answers to any of my questions. Joe was our maitre de the night of our wedding and was absolutely amazing! We got married in March and there was a snowstorm earlier in the week. Looking up and seeing the snow on the roof of the Conservatory was such a beautiful bonus to our amazing day. All of our items that we used for centerpieces, signs, and cars were all gathered up and sent right to our room so we did not have to worry about getting anything either that night or the next morning. The food was incredible and the wedding cake and ice cream bar were a huge hit. I 100% recommend The Madison Hotel for someone's wedding! 5 stars across the board!

Krissy · Married on 11/11/2017

I can't say enough about this venue. I knew our wedding was going to be in the conservatory the moment we set foot in it. The staff is friendly, our maitre-d Carolina was on top of everything, and Carrie made sure everything came together for us. The service was great and the food was amazing. We didnt have to worry about tracking down anything because the staff/maitre-d gathered it all up and put it in our room for us. The level of professionalism everyone has at The Madison is unmatched. The grounds are beautiful and well kept with so many lovely places for photos. We are still getting compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was. We couldnt have chosen a better venue for our perfect day!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    The Madison Hotel 3
    The Madison Hotel 4
    The Madison Hotel 5

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Thank you Krissy for you lovely review! We enjoyed hosting you and your guests and wish you nothing but the best in the future. If you are ever in the area please stop by and say hello! Best wishes, Tim MacHale Director of Catering

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our wedding at The Madison Hotel in September of this year and it was absolutely perfect. We booked this venue as soon as we saw the conservatory and they told us we could have our ceremony in that room and then the reception in the ballroom (to accommodate the number of guests we had). It was a no brainer- we were blown away by the conservatory, as were our guests on the day of the wedding. Food- amazing. Bacon wrapped scallops, lamb chops, dumplings, mashed potato bar, you name it- everyone loved it. I was even able to sit down and enjoy my (generous portion) of salmon for dinner- do brides ever get to enjoy their meal? I did! Staff- phenomenal. Throughout our planning process- we worked with three different people due to their schedules/etc. (Sarah, Elise, and Tim) All 3 of them were a pleasure to work with and each time our main contact was changed- it was seamless, as if we didn't have to explain anything to the next person, they knew all of the details. We wound up having Tim as our maitre d' the day of the wedding and he was awesome. He kept calm and made sure literally everything we asked for was executed exactly as we asked. We didn't have to worry about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. This place has one event after the next (I'm talking corporate conferences, baby showers, weddings, and meetings all at once) in every room on the same day. We never even crossed paths with any of the other events. I don't know how this place does it, but they do it well. Some other pros- the complimentary hotel room for the bride and groom, the large room given as the "bridal suite" for hair and makeup the morning of, the many spots for great pictures, the complimentary breakfast for hotel guests, and their overall willingness to work with you on any request you have. No matter how weird or annoying you think it is- they will help you do it. I wish I could do it all over again- exactly the same!

The Madison Hotel 6
    The Madison Hotel 7
    The Madison Hotel 8
  • emcor793

Emily · Married on 08/04/2017

If I could give this venue more stars, I would. This venue is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Our wedding was absolutely PERFECT because of The Madison Hotel. Our ceremony and reception were in The Conservatory--it is such a unique and stunning space--it offers such beautiful lighting and opportunities for photos and videos. The staff, especially our maitre d' Carolina, Tim MacHale (the director of catering) and Elise Munc (catering sales manager--basically the woman who coordinated it ALL for me), I owe my perfect wedding to. These people are completely devoted to the details of your day. They answer same-day to any questions/calls/emails you have, they make sure the day runs completely smoothly. I am forever indebted to them for making our wedding the most amazing and special days in our lives.

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

Our guests were raving about our wedding at the Madison, and how amazing it was! We worked with Tim at the Madison to coordinate our plans, and he was extremely responsive, reassuring, and professional. I was nervous about meeting our maitre'd since they assign one a few weeks before the wedding, but as soon as I met Carolina, all my nervousness about whether everything would go as planned went away. Carolina was extremely organized and professional, and so easy to talk to. The day of, she checked on me often, helped my mom bustle my dress, and made sure my husband and I had food and drink with how quickly everything went during the cocktail hour and reception. She packed up cocktail hour food for us and it was waiting for us in our suite at the end of the night, and she also made sure we got back all of our decorations and props we had given to her. I had given her a list of everything I wanted done, and all of it was executed. The entire Madison staff was so professional and accommodating, and we felt like royalty that night. We had our ceremony in the conservatory and our reception in the ballroom. I was originally concerned about the other wedding, but Tim was right when he said we would never see or interact with the other wedding. We had our after-party at Red Dog Tavern next door, which didn't need to be booked ahead of time. We loved having our wedding at the Madison because everything was in one convenient location for our guests-- our rehearsal dinner was at Rod's, we had brunch the next morning in the Victorian suite, and took all our wedding photos on the property, in the train cars and outside the front of the hotel on the lawn. Although there are multiple weddings there every weekend, the staff made us feel like our wedding was the most important one, and they really gave us their time & attention. We loved how elegant and unique the venue is. Thanks for making our wedding unforgettable :)!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    The Madison Hotel 9
    The Madison Hotel 10
    The Madison Hotel 11
    The Madison Hotel 12

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Dear Kristin, It was an honor to host your special day! Thank you for your heartfelt review. On behalf of my staff and myself I'd like to wish you both all the love and happiness that you felt on your wedding day throughout your marriage and your lives. Please come visit anytime you are in the area! Best wishes, Tim MacHale Director of Catering

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

The best venue you can pick for your wedding hands down. Beautiful and affordable. Every guest raved about the delicious food and how lovely the Conservatory Room was for a daytime wedding. It's a perfect venue and weatherproof (brides-to-be, you can have the beauty and natural light of a garden for your ceremony and/or reception, but none of the rain or snow worries). All of our wedding party and immediate family stayed at the hotel, we had our rehearsal dinner at the hotel's amazing steak house, we had the ceremony and reception in Conservatory Room, and we had our pictures taken on the grounds and in the train car. It's truly an all-in-one stop shop for your wedding venue needs. Staff were helpful and courteous. Having everything in one place made our special day very relaxing for our guests and allowed everyone the chance to really appreciate the love being celebrated amidst the beauty of the Conservatory Room/grounds and the abundant and delectable food being served. They also make cakes on site, everyone raved about how delicious it was. This venue made my life as a bride so much easier. I highly recommend it. We live in NYC, but it was worth crossing the river for this hidden gem!

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

I can't say enough good things about The Madison Hotel. They are absolutely pros at running large, amazing banquet events. My first correspondence with Sara Maurer was prompt and professional, and the Conservatory basically sold itself when we went for a tour. When Sara retired, I was nervous as to who was taking over, but Elise Munc immediately made me feel at ease. She was so friendly and personable, and genuinely seemed to be excited to help me plan my wedding. She was so patient in answering all my questions and last minute changes.

On the day of my wedding, Elise checked to see how everything was going, and our MC, Carolina Callejas, was absolutely amazing. Elise's and Carolina's attention to detail was wonderful, which really helped because I sent a lot of specific instructions and pictures on how I wanted things set up. Elise promptly responded to emails and didn't miss a beat. My husband and I also really appreciated that they were both amenable to odd and detailed requests. Everything went perfectly the day of! Carolina kept checking on us to see if we needed anything, and even set aside food in our suite from the cocktail hour since my husband and I missed everything due to pictures. Throughout the night, Carolina moved everything to our room, so we didn't have to worry about losing anything or cleaning up. You really couldn't ask for more or find fault in their service.

One amazing thing I also wanted to mention was the Madison Hotel's sensitivity to allergies. We had one guest who was allergic to many different foods, and we were all concerned about what she would be able to eat at the wedding. I mentioned this to Carolina, and she said not to worry. The head chef came out to talk with our guest and her family, and not only did they make a special meal for her during dinner, they also made a special plate of hors d'oeuvres so she wouldn't miss out on cocktail hour.

Thank you to the staff of the Madison Hotel for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2017

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Dear Melissa, Congratulations on your marriage and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that your wedding day was, "perfect" and we were able to accommodate your special dietary needs. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our chef, Elise and Carolina and we hope to see you again at The Madison very soon! Warm regards, Timothy J. MacHale Director of Catering

Laura · Married on 03/24/2017

I had my wedding here in March 2017, and it was amazing! The conservatory is stunning, you barely need decorations because it's already so pretty. The space is perfect for smaller weddings. I'd recommend it for groups of about 100 people. The staff was very helpful and accommodating during the planning process, even with some last minute changes. It was definitely in the upper end of my budget, but they include a lot of extras (table settings, cake, menus, escort cards, a suite for the night, plus two parent rooms,) which helps with the price. They did all the set up and breakdown for us as well. It's also well worth the price because of how completely charming the place is. The conservatory is so different from your typical ball room wedding, and really feels like you are bringing the outside inside, so it's great for winter weddings. The food was, according to my very picky grandmother, all excellent. I was too excited to eat much, but the creme brulee was a highlight for me. Be aware that you are not able to try all of the food choices at the bridal showcase. However, it is still worth going since there were several butler-passed hors d' ouerves which I did not like and was able to sub out for other choices for my cocktail hour. Overall, it was a big hit. I got tons of comments on how gorgeous the place was.

Nancy · Married on 01/14/2017

I cannot speak well enough of this gorgeous conservatory. We had our son's wedding reception here in January 2017 and it was truly magical! The snow came down and the place felt like "winter wonderland"! The food was exceptional and filet was amazing. The cocktail hour had a ridiculous amount of food, all great. The staff, from the start with Tim to the end, with the wedding coordinator, put us at ease and worked everything out for us. They took care of every detail. I highly recommend the conservatory anytime- summer or winter, day or night, sun or rain. The key: we used candle light (from Conroy's florist) and chandelier lighting only: no colored DJ lights which made it beautiful and romantic. Everyone couldn't stop raving about the gorgeous reception!

The Madison Hotel 13

Stuart · Married on 11/23/2016

Tim,
    Thanks for a truly wonderful send-off! Tracey and I were totally happy with the entire staff's manner, the chef's quality of food and, of course, the decor and ambience of the conservatory. A special thanks to you for always making us feel comfortable and taking care of the details -- all done quietly and superbly.
    Stu

Carole · Married on 11/13/2016

5-star is not a high enough rating for the quality of service we received at my daughters wedding last week. I would rate them as a 10! I'm still receiving compliments from both families on the hotel amenities, location, quality of food, service of hotel personnel and reception staff. Canolina Callejas and her crew were outstanding! I highly recommend The Madison Hotel to host your event!

We just had our daughter's wedding at the Madison hotel and we were so happy with our decision to have it there. The catering manager, Tim, walked us through all our options and really helped with the decision process. The wedding exceeded every one of our expectations. The Bride and Groom could not be happier how their special day turned out. Joe Z. was an exceptional maitre d' and took care of everything. The Conservatory looked especially magnificent with the autumn flowers and the hotel grounds were perfectly manicured for our outdoor pictures. The wait staff and bartenders were very professional and kept everyone happy. Unfortunately I was so busy greeting guests that I did not get to eat too much of the food that we spent so long picking out, but everyone really enjoyed it. The waffle and ice cream bar was definitely a hit as was the potato pancake station during the cocktail hour. As a friend of mine said, the room that night truly felt "magical." We could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The Conservatory at the Madison is a perfect wedding choice!!
    -J. W.

Sent on 11/11/2016

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am thrilled to hear you were happy with the services of Joe, our bartenders, our food, the ambiance of The Conservatory and that all of your expectations were exceeded! I truly appreciate you entrusting this very special event to The Madison Hotel. Take care and I hope to speak to you sometime in the near future. Tim MacHale Director of Catering
  • CMC

Colleen · Married on 11/05/2016

We had a church ceremony and our reception at the Madison Hotel. I'm from the area and I always knew that I wanted my wedding reception to be in the ballroom. We chose wisely because our wedding was fantastic! Elise was our catering manager and Charles was our maitre d', and our day ran so smoothly. The food was delicious, both at cocktail hour and dinner, and everyone was on the dance floor all night! Charles made sure that I always had a glass of champagne in my hand. We continued the party at the Red Dog bar afterwards, and our guests were there until the bar was shut down, everyone was having such a good time! I've heard nothing but positive feedback from all of our guests. It was such a wonderful day. I cannot thank the staff at the Madison enough for a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2016

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Dear CMC, Congratulations and thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled to hear your wedding reception was fantastic and you were happy with the services of your Catering Sales Manager Elise and your Maitre'd Charles! Also, I will be sure to tell our Executive Chef that you thought our food was delicious for both the cocktail hour and dinner. I am so delighted you utilized one of our two lounge areas located within the hotel for your after reception get-together. These bar areas are so popular with our clients as it allows them to continue to celebrate with their guests without having to leave the property. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again very soon! Sincerely, Tim MacHale Director of Cartering

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2016

My husband and I had our wedding here almost a month. ago. I sincerely have nothing bad to say. Elise is so absolutely amazing...I started communicating with her about 2 months before my wedding (the person we had prior had retired) and she responded to all my millions of emails and calls right away...and with so much detail. That's one thing I really needed as I was planning...because as it got closer I had more detailed questions and concerns, all of which she dealt with with such kindness. As soon as we checked in, the whole staff took care of everything...they went above and beyond. From the time we got ready in the bridal suite (with food and champagne) to the ceremony and reception...they were there to help with anything. The maitre'd (Joe) - is the sweetest and is so helpful. He was right there whenever I needed anything. All of my guests (especially my family) commented on how nice and helpful he was (and the waitstaff too). The food was wonderful and the conservatory looked gorgeous for both our ceremony and reception. It blew my mind how perfect it was. I just could not stop smiling that day...there is not a thing I would change. So I want to thank the Madison hotel staff for everything and for making my wedding the best weekend of our lives. We will never forget it. And we plan to go back and stay to celebrate anniversaries :)

STEVEN · Married on 10/08/2016

Looking back there is nothing bad I could possibly say about The Madison. We initally booked with Sara, and we were hesitant knowing she left. This changed the second we met Elise! She was very relaxed and understanding, and listened to any question and concern that we had.

Our maitre D' was Joe Zimmerman and he was exactly what a couple needs on their wedding day. He tended to all of our needs and never looked worried. We had a guest give us a last minute worry and he handled it very quickly. The food was great and they had so many options for your cocktail hour!

The conservatory was the dream room for my wife and we could not be happier with the way the entire day turned out. Thanks to everyone!

Kara · Married on 09/24/2016

We had our late September wedding reception at the Madison Hotel and could not have been happier with the venue, service, and staff! We fell in love with the conservatory at first sight and even slightly scaled back our guest list in order to comfortably fit in the room (we ended up with 136). Our flowers were gorgeous next to the lush greenery of the conservatory. Neither of us are from the area, but thought the location was perfect - close to Newark for those flying in, with a train station steps away for our friends from the city. We really loved that everyone could stay at the hotel so there was no need for driving/transportation (we had our ceremony across the street). Since no one had to travel between the ceremony and reception, our guests had the perfect amount of time to check into their rooms and hang out at the hotel bars. The hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful! We even secured rooms for storing items prior to the wedding, getting ready in that day, and brunch the next morning. We started planning with Sara and finished with Elise and both women were attentive, responsive, and eager to help make our ideas come to life! We were able to make adjustments to the menu and timeline to add our own personal touches. I made sure to try as much of the food as possible (including the cake!) and it was all so delicious! Joe Zimmerman assisted with the final details in the days leading up to the wedding and he was more than helpful during the cocktail hour and reception. Joe made sure we had everything we needed and kept the flow of the evening moving very well. He easily and quietly took care of a small mishaps with minimal disruption. Our guests have all raved about the conservatory and the food! We truly could not have asked for a better weekend or better staff! Thank you so much to everyone!