The Madison Hotel Reviews

The Madison Hotel 7
  • Ryan

Ryan · Getting married on 09/25/2020

Easy and Professional

Planning our wedding with Joe has so far been super chill and easy! Any vendors we hire all know and love him and have fabulous things to say about the Madison & how there’s literally nothing to worry about because they run such a great show. We’re so excited!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Enya

Enya Guo · Married on 09/08/2019

Beautiful venue!

The conservatory is truly a magical place to get married in. The indoor greenhouse was just what we were looking for. Rain or shine, the place looks beautiful. I highly recommend working with Angie. She was very professional and easy to reach. Whenever we had any issues, she was quick to help resolve and friendly to work with.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Emily · Married on 08/17/2019

Beyond our expectations

My husband and I had our wedding on August 17, 2019 and were blown away with the entire event. Not only does The Madison Hotel offer the convenience of being able to have everything in one place (ceremony, reception and hotel for your guests), but the quality of service and food is out of this world! We had guests come from all over the country and world and all of them said they had never been to a more incredible venue and wedding. You will not be disappointed having your wedding here! Also, this is one of the more affordable venues in the tristate area and I’ve been to weddings all over the state and the quality of this venue hasn’t compared. Carolina was our day of planner and her service was outstanding. We were taken care of and not once did I have to lift a finger or worry about a single thing. We had both our ceremony and reception in the conservatory and the way they flip the rooms between cocktail hour is mind blowing. The room photographs so well and we CANNOT wait to get our pictures back!!! THANK YOU to The Madison Hotel for an incredible day for my husband and our guests. We wish we could do this day all over again!!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    The Madison Hotel 13
    The Madison Hotel 14

Carla · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect in every way!

The entire team from The Madison Hotel went out of their way to make our day perfect. They guided us through the planning process and brought a sense of calm on the day of. The team is professional and handles everything--no stressful questions to the bride or groom!The venue is simply gorgeous. The Conservatory is bright, beautiful and requires little to no extra decor. The ballroom is elegant and spacious. All of our guests raved about the food and enjoyed every moment. It was the perfect location for our special day!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Alissa · Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding Day!

The Madison Hotel made our wedding planning so easy. They accommodated us with anything that we wanted or asked for. All of the staff was fantastic and we could not have imagined our wedding to be any where else.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Kimmy G · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing night in the conservatory

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the conservatory in the Madison Hotel. It’s hard to put into words how the room lights up at sunset, it truly looked magical. Tim MacHale (director of catering) was excellent, professional, and so easy to work with. He was very accommodating of all of our questions during the planning process. Joe Zimmerman (maitre’d) was so kind and very accommodating of us, ensuring that we were able to eat on our wedding night! We received many compliments from our guests on the food and desserts. We were able to have some of our entree, cake, and creme brûlée, and all were delicious. The hotel rooms were very comfortable and many of our guests stayed there after the wedding. It was very clear that Tim and his team are very experienced in planning weddings and events. I would encourage anyone planning to have their wedding in Northern NJ to look at the Conservatory at the Madison Hotel.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Alejandra

Alejandra Toro · Married on 05/25/2019

My Special Day

The wedding was great. The food and the service were excellent. All my guest raved about the great job the Madison Hotel did at my wedding. Tim MacHale was a great help with all the arrangements. I have been telling everyone how happy I was with everything they did for my wedding to make it a very special day.

Sent on 06/05/2019
    The Madison Hotel 15
  • Jameelah

Jameelah Williams · Married on 04/27/2019

I love the Madison Hotel

We were married in the glass conservatory on April 27th. Out wedding was small, about 80 people, so we were able to have our ceremony and reception in the conservatory. Our wedding planner was Angie and she was amazing. All of the staff at Madison Hotel are amazing. Everyone we encountered throughout the planning process and on our wedding day were wonderful and super responsive. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing and everyone there goes above and beyond for their guests. I could not be happier with how the wedding turned out. This was the second place we visited, once we saw the beautiful conservatory we knew this was where we had to have our wedding. It was the best day and I can’t thank Angie, our maitre’d Patty, and the rest of the team enough for putting together an amazing wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2019
    The Madison Hotel 27
    The Madison Hotel 28

Priscilla · Married on 04/05/2019

Everything was beautiful

The second I saw pictures of the conservatory at the Madison Hotel, I fell in love. The more I researched, the more I realized it ticked off a lot of the boxes for what I was looking for: it had lots of greenery and was open and bright so it looked like it was outdoors while remaining indoors in case of rain, it was a hotel so guests didn't have to worry about driving or hiring an Uber after the wedding, but it wasn't a chain hotel, it had a restaurant connected to the hotel that was perfect for our rehearsal dinner, and it had a lot of different beautiful spots around the hotel for photos.

We worked with Angie during the planning process, and she was so sweet, patient, and knowledgeable the whole time, and she even found us after the wedding to say hello and congratulate us. Our maitre'd was Carolina, who stayed on stop of everything during the wedding night and made sure everything ran smoothly, which was perfect, because we were busy all night and would have forgotten everything we needed to do otherwise.

We got to see the conservatory several times during the planning stages, but we never got to see it at night until the wedding, and my husband could not stop looking around the room and commenting on how nice everything looked. We're still getting compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how incredible the food was (we didn't really get to try the cocktail hour food, but that was our fault, since we were busy saying hi to people and forgot to ask the staff to set some food aside for us), and if that's not a major vote of confidence, I'm not sure what is.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    The Madison Hotel 29
    The Madison Hotel 30
    The Madison Hotel 31
    The Madison Hotel 32
    The Madison Hotel 33

Jasmine R. · Married on 03/29/2019

The Conservatory Room is my favorite!

Since the moment I saw the Conservatory Room online I fell in love because this is my style. I love the greenary and the openness with all the windows. Everyone loved the room and loved the food. The food was really great from cocktail hour to the reception and the cake was also very tasty! I would recommend this place to others.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Michaela · Married on 02/15/2019

The Perfect Winter Wedding

From the moment I walked into The Madison Hotel, I knew it was my dream Winter wedding reception location. I worked with Joe Z. throughout the planning process and Carolina the day of and they were absolutely fantastic. I would take friends and family to see the hotel frequently throughout the planning and Joe was always available if I had any questions. We were lucky enough to be the only event that day so we had the cocktail hour in the Conservatory and the reception in the ballroom. I love that it is a hotel wedding, without a chain hotel feel. Everything is personalized and cozy and they have multiple spaces to get the perfect wedding photos. I would highly recommend attending their seasonal wedding shows to interact with vendors and sample the different food stations and desserts. For the after party they had live music at Rod's which was also a plus. My husband and I look forward to visiting the hotel and re-living our wedding day for anniversaries to come.

Sent on 02/23/2019

Janice · Married on 11/24/2018

Experience of your dreams

You go into planning a wedding with extremely high expectations- you want the day to be perfect for you and your guests. The Madison Hotel absolutely exceeded every one of my expectations and made our wedding day dreams come true. From the second we entered the venue, we were sold. The charm that the hotel holds is EXTREMELY hard to find in a wedding venue. In no way did the place feel like a wedding factory- from the gorgeous traditional outside, the cool train car restaurants, the stunning conservatory, our guests could not stop raving about all of the beauty of this venue. In addition to the aesthetics, the convenience factor of everything really helped make our decisions. We've all been to weddings where the rehearsal dinner is at some restaurant, followed by a twenty minute trip to a hotel, then the ceremony at a church one hour in a direction, reception in another, only to return to the random Hilton you've called home for two days. That couldn't be more opposite to the experience that the Madison Hotel provides. We checked in on a Friday for our rehearsal and our guests did not leave until Sunday after brunch. We held our dinner, getting ready, ceremony, reception, after party and brunch all at the venue. Our guests had a pool, a breakfast bar, a gym and a mile trip into downtown Morristown to keep them busy on their downtime. We could not have received more positive feedback from our guests on everything being in one place. If you are getting married at a church, there are multiple beautiful churches within the area (College of St. Elizabeth directly behind the venue has a gorgeous Catholic church). While aesthetics and convenience obviously matter, service obviously makes or breaks an event like this. I cannot say enough positive things about the services. We worked with Charles D and Joe Z on the planning and execution respectively and they both were super accommodating, responsive and did whatever they could to customize the day to make our experience exceptional. The Madison offers a really tip- to- tail package that removes alot of the guess work out of planning a wedding. They also offer really nice features like free rooms for parents of the bride and a bridal suite- simply for booking with them- no begging your guests to book their rooms so yours is free required. Although we are now done with the wedding at the Madison, they have gained a lifelong client of anniversary dinners, overnight stays and random visits to relive one of the best days of our lives. thank you!

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/12/2018

A Dream Come True

We knew the Madison was our venue from the first time we stepped foot in it. We booked the venue a year and a half before the actual wedding and our feelings never changed about it. On the day of everything looked amazing, even with some hiccups along the day. It was just amazing to see our vision come to life. The food was amazing and the cake was great. Everyone enjoyed the food, views, stay, and environment. We will always have a special love for The Madison and the gorgeous glass room.

Sent on 01/03/2019
    The Madison Hotel 34
    The Madison Hotel 35
    The Madison Hotel 36
    The Madison Hotel 37
    The Madison Hotel 38
    The Madison Hotel 39

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly recommend to book at the Madison!

We had our ceremony and reception in the Conservatory and all of our guests stayed at the hotel as well. We wanted to find a unique venue in our budget that was also a hotel so all of the weekend events could be at the same place. We really enjoyed working with the staff at the Madison Hotel. Elise and Angie helped us with the pre-planning meetings and answered any questions we had over email at various planning stages. From our rehearsal dinner in the train car at Rod's, to Joe and the catering staff on our wedding day, the staff was so helpful and made the experience so enjoyable. We still receive so many compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed our wedding and loved the venue!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Carrie · Married on 09/07/2018

Having our wedding at the The Madison Hotel made our day absolutely unforgettable. We had our ceremony and reception in the conservatory, and everything was absolutely gorgeous. The food was outstanding, service was impeccable—we had Chuck as our maître d’, and he was fantastic. He was so attentive and made sure everything we needed and wanted, we got. Tim was incredibly helpful through the entire process, we really can’t say enough great things about this venue!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Terri · Married on 09/01/2018

Tim,
    We want to most heartily and gratefully thank you for the outstanding service that we received at our wedding last weekend . Patti, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely outstanding. Not one detail escaped her attention. She made herself available for every important time and question for the event . She redid my daughters bustle. Set extra passed h’or oeuvres while taking pictures during the cocktail hour. She even found batteries and a screwdriver to put together the Thanos gauntlet for the final dances !
    The room was breathtaking , the food was so delicious, and the support service was outstanding.
    Thank you so much for your professionalism . It was truly appreciated. It did not go unnoticed that your presence was on sight during the ceremony and setup of the reception. Our event was amazing and it was truly a reflection of the dedication of your staff to create such a wonderful event. Thank you again.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Jen · Married on 08/26/2018

This place put together the most spectacular wedding for us. The staff and maitre d were amazing. Everything was perfect and the venue is beautiful !!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Brian · Married on 07/28/2018

What an amazing day! The staff, the facility, and the atmosphere at The Madison Hotel made our wedding day amazing! We’ve already booked a room to go back and celebrate our 1st anniversary. From the moment we arrived for the rehearsal dinner Friday night to the moment we checked out Sunday, everything was perfect. The best part is being able to have every aspect under one beautiful roof. The remodeled conservatory, reception room, even the ladies room are gorgeous. They are updated while honoring the integrity of the historic building. Tim and Joe took care of us as though we were family. The people at the Madison Hotel are committed to making every event a fantasy!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Anne · event on 06/23/2018

Wonderful hotel and spot to host an event. Joe Zimmerman was so helpful throughout the planning and made it so easy!! We stayed at the hotel as we were out of town and it was an awesome experience. We have a toddler and it was super accommodating to traveling with a little one (fridge/microwave, continental bfast, indoor pool)!! Our birthday event there was a huge success. Food was fabulous, staff was nice and helpful and everyone was so accommodating to our “special” requests. Highly recommend this hotel for any event. Oh I forgot to mention that our event was just one of many including weddings they had going on and they handled everyone so well- it was hardly noticeable that they were so busy!!! Much thanks to all the staff.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Mala · Married on 06/03/2018

[ review posted by MOG, but written personally by the bride and groom ] We LOVED our wedding at the Madison Hotel. Every step of the way was enjoyable and highly professional. We had to do most of the coordination with the hotel long-distance, and the staff was always responsive and attentive. Most impressively The Madison Hotel Catering staff addressed our unique needs beautifully. Our guest list included a significant number of professional athletes and so we requested the chef "lighten up" our brunch menu and add lots more vegetables and healthy items. We were highly impressed with the results and our guests were delighted. The location was gorgeous and the staff did a wonderful job of quickly transforming the room with our multiple flower arrangements and gifts for each guest on each table. At every moment the staff aimed to please and the result was a magical and smooth wedding. We are beyond satisfied and happy!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Nikita · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our ceremony in the Conservatory and our reception in the Ballroom of the Madison Hotel. I fell in love with this venue the moment I saw it! I especially loved the Conservatory because it gave you that outdoor garden feel without having to worry about the weather. Also, the plants and flowers that they have in there are so beautiful, you can save money because you do not need ceremony decorations. We worked with Joe throughout the planning process and he was wonderful! He answered all of our questions and was very helpful in all aspects of planning. About a week before our wedding, we found out that Tim was going to be the maître d' for our wedding. Although Tim was not as familiar with our event plans, he did a good job and the day went smoothly. The food was great and the cake was delicious (we highly recommend the cookies and cream!). The hotel provided two large rooms on the first floor for the girls and guys to get ready in. Our photographer had fun taking pictures throughout the hotel and outside near the antique train cars. After the wedding, we had an after party at the bars in Rod's and GK's. Both bars are right next to each other, so it was easy for our guests to move back and forth to socialize. Many of our guests stayed over at the hotel, and the hotel rooms were clean, well-furnished, and very reasonably priced. We also had many guests traveling from NYC, and the train station is directly across the parking lot from the hotel. So convenient! Overall, I am so thrilled with how our wedding turned out and would highly recommend the Madison Hotel!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    The Madison Hotel 40
    The Madison Hotel 41

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2018

Tim and his crew made all my wedding dreams come true! They answered all my questions througout the planning process and took care of everything so I could relax and enjoy my wedding day! I would book my wedding with the Madison over and over again! All the guests had a great time and it was truly magical and the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/09/2018

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Hello Jennifer,

It was a pleasure working with you and I am so happy to hear you and Ed enjoyed your wedding reception and you thought it was "magical" and "the best day of your life"! All the best for a joyful and healthy future together and I hope to see you both again soon!

Sincerely,

Tim MacHale
    Director of Catering
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/17/2018

My wedding yesterday was absolutely amazing thanks to your staff! You all were so on top of everything and my husband and I couldn't be happier right now. Choosing to have our wedding in your gorgeous venue was be far the best decision we could have made. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Kristin · Married on 03/10/2018

The Madison Hotel was the first and only venue that my Husband and I looked at. We fell in love right away with how beautiful the Conservatory was. Throughout the planning process we did work with different Catering Staff members, but each one knew where we were in the planning process and returned my emails and phone calls with answers to any of my questions. Joe was our maitre de the night of our wedding and was absolutely amazing! We got married in March and there was a snowstorm earlier in the week. Looking up and seeing the snow on the roof of the Conservatory was such a beautiful bonus to our amazing day. All of our items that we used for centerpieces, signs, and cars were all gathered up and sent right to our room so we did not have to worry about getting anything either that night or the next morning. The food was incredible and the wedding cake and ice cream bar were a huge hit. I 100% recommend The Madison Hotel for someone's wedding! 5 stars across the board!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Krissy · Married on 11/11/2017

I can't say enough about this venue. I knew our wedding was going to be in the conservatory the moment we set foot in it. The staff is friendly, our maitre-d Carolina was on top of everything, and Carrie made sure everything came together for us. The service was great and the food was amazing. We didnt have to worry about tracking down anything because the staff/maitre-d gathered it all up and put it in our room for us. The level of professionalism everyone has at The Madison is unmatched. The grounds are beautiful and well kept with so many lovely places for photos. We are still getting compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was. We couldnt have chosen a better venue for our perfect day!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    The Madison Hotel 42
    The Madison Hotel 43
    The Madison Hotel 44

The Madison Hotel's reply:

Thank you Krissy for you lovely review! We enjoyed hosting you and your guests and wish you nothing but the best in the future. If you are ever in the area please stop by and say hello!

Best wishes,