51 Reviews for The Knowlton Mansion

Signature Drink (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Event Rentals (1)
51 The Knowlton Mansion Reviews

Would recommend the Knowlton Mansion to anyone looking for a unique, elegant, and beautiful wedding venue!! From the grounds, to the mansion, to the high ceiling in the ballroom - this place is picture picture perfect! Not to mention the food is AMAZING - and that's not being biased. We had endless compliments on the great food selections. And as an added bonus the staff is amazing! So helpful and accommodating leading up to the wedding day and extremely attentive and flexible day of! Definitely check them out!

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up

Everyone was great to work with! Extremely flexible and accommodating!

Profile Picture User7665760, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about Knowlton Mansion. My husband and I had our reception at Knowlton on 10/8/16 and had the best experience. From planning before the wedding to dropping off our decorations and enjoying our day, everything was taken care of and exactly how we asked! Dee and Chris took care of everything for us and were always available to keep the night moving along and to get us whatever we needed. We dropped off boxes of wine bottles and decorations and they were set up exactly how we had described. The day after all anyone could say was how good the food was - especially the desserts! And our LEGO wedding cake - special request from the groom - was such a hit! Everything was beautiful! Thank you!

Profile Picture Laura , 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up

My fiancee and I just got married at the Knowlton Mansion this past weekend. If you want to get married at a place that is so special, different and personalized, this is definitely the venue for you. Their staff is on point at all times and beyond helpful. We had rave reviews about the wine cellar, the food and the general atmosphere. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! We don't even know where to begin. We had our wedding on September 3 at the Knowlton Mansion and it was truly the most magical day of our lives. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, especially during the end of the summer. We had our ceremony outside and our reception in the ballroom and it was just beautiful. Lori was our point person in the beginning who was absolutely wonderful - very professional and poised, answering a MILLION emails of mine - and transitioned everything over to Eileen, who was our day of coordinator, who was just lovely! We got to meet Eileen during our final meeting with Lori and she put any worry I had quickly to bed. She just got it. I work in the event planning industry so was a bit particular (which I'm sure many brides are) but she handled every suggestion with grace and left me feeling completely stress-free, knowing it would all come together perfectly, and boy was I right! When we arrived at the venue everything was setup beautifully, better than I pictured, and my fiance and I were so happy and excited. Eileen had attended to everything before we even asked for it, and to both of our families - the level of detail and attentiveness far exceeded our expectations. And Dee, our maitre d, was absolutely wonderful! You could tell she really loves what she does and every time we smiled, she smiled back even bigger. She was absolutely incredible! The beautiful decor, amazing food and service was truly incredible. We are so happy we picked the Knowlton Mansion to hold our wedding at, it was truly the happiest day of our lives! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for something unique and rustic, just beautiful!

Profile Picture Rebecca , 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with Knowlton Mansion was so great! We worked with Lori leading up to the wedding who was so responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. She was a dream. Eileen and Dani were the managers who were with us the day of the wedding and they felt like family! They were a joy to work with and made the day go seamlessly! My only call out was that the room felt a little tight with our guest count of 230. Otherwise, our guests were blown away by the beauty and uniqueness of the venue. It truly is an experience! Thank you Knowlton Mansion for making our dream come true!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't stress enough how amazing this venue is. It literally has everything you could ever want in a rustic / vintage type setting. I was originally supposed to get married outside in the garden, but due to unfortunate weather it was moved inside. Everything was still SO perfect. The staff is so warm and friendly and Lori is just unbelievably sweet and helpful. Lori never failed to answer my emails within the same day or any calls I made. She was always there to help. The day of I worked with Jeannie. She had such a warm and energetic grace about her that calmed me entirely! My day was perfect and it was all because of The Knowlton Mansion and it's staff!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Valet, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Knowlton Mansion was AMAZING!!!! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a vintage/rustic/unique setting in the Philadelphia area. Our wedding was flawless from start to finish. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, even the cake. I have never been to wedding were the people actually eat the cake, and even take pieces to go (we chose the carrot cake)! Before the day of the wedding, Lori was beyond accommodating. My email were always answered same day, we met multiple times, and she gave us a lot of great tips to make our day perfect as well as get the most for our money. They decorated the mansion perfectly with everything we provided. They even supplied us with a hot chocolate bar as the guests left. I never once worried about anything on our wedding day, I knew I was in great hands with Conroy Catering at the Knowlton mansion. It truly was our dream day!! Look no further than the Knowlton Mansion =)

Profile Picture User4591972, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens

We had a wonderful experience with Conroy Catering at Knowlton Mansion. Lori met with us several times to help us plan the day and was great to work with! She was super responsive to any questions and special requests (and there were many). The food was just as delicious when they were serving 6 of us for the tasting as when they served 160 guests the night of the wedding. We got so many compliments on the venue!! They even set up a s'mores station out back over a fire pit. I would highly recommend Knowlton Mansion to anyone looking in the Philadelphia area.

Profile Picture Katie, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar

Absolutely amazing! Everything went according to plan. There were no hiccups or issues for our NYE wedding. The event manager was able to setup all of our decor where we wanted with no problem at all. The staff was extremely accomodating and the food was amazing. Cocktail hour and entrees were hot and delicious. I have received multiple compliments from guests saying how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. I couldn't say enough things about the staff and the entire experience. I am so happy I picked Knowlton for my wedding.

Profile Picture Diana, 12/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine

From the first time we went to visit Knowlton to the last minute of our reception, the venue and staff was nothing short of spectacular. The place speaks for itself with beautiful landscape, historic decor, and rustic feel. My husband and I loved that our guests had the entire place to ourselves on our special day- and that everyone was free to roam the grounds and building (the barn and horses were a big hit for the little ones!) . At night, the firepits in the back gave guests a nice break from dancing and drinking inside. Not only did Knowlton Mansion look impressive, but the food and drinks were delicious! Everyone raved about the cooking (and I have never been to a wedding with so many hot horderves.)

I think the biggest and most pleasant surprise for us was how friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating the staff was. Lori helped us throughout the months leading up to our wedding. She was always prompt to reply to our questions and seemed genuinely excited for us each time we saw her. Eileen, who was our event manager the night of the wedding, was equally as pleasant and was extremely helpful that night- making sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish. My maitre d, Dee, was also so helpful- constantly making sure my glass was full and that I didn't need anything. My husband, too, was impressed by the way the staff brought us appetizers and drinks while we took our bridal party pictures outside during cocktail hour. I have never been to a wedding where so many guests have gone up to the bride and groom to mention how nice and energetic the entire staff is. It really was such a happy day and the staff at Knowlton played such a big role in that!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Knowlton Mansion is a hidden gem in Northeast Philadelphia. As soon as we walked through the doors we knew it was the perfect place to have our wedding reception. The Knowlton Mansion is full of history, has beautiful grounds including horses, and a very large ballroom made to feel as if it was original to the historical mansion. My husband and I were looking for something different (not a typical hotel ballroom) to host our wedding and the Knowlton Mansion was perfect. The service was also impeccable! Lori followed us through the entire process, answered all of our questions, and made our requests come alive. She paid wonderful attention to detail. We received many wonderful compliments from our guests (they RAVED about the food!) and are very thankful to everyone at the Knowlton Mansion for everything they did to make our day special. We highly recommend the Knowlton Mansion if you're looking for a unique place to host your wedding filled with much character and impeccable service.

Profile Picture User6169132, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

I can't say enough good things about this venue! I had my ceremony and reception here on 5/16/15 and it was magical. Jeannie was the manager who made sure everything went smoothly all day long. We had a bridal assistant named Dee who was the best! We never had an empty drink in our hands and she made sure we got to try all of the food which was delicious. I am still hearing compliments about the food and the service. The grounds were beautiful and they mansion felt like a fairytale. I worked with Lori to plan everything and that was such a pleasant experience. She was quick to respond when I had questions and was always so sweet.

I have not one negative thing to say. It was just the perfect day thanks to them! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture Allyson, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend the Knowlton Mansion. Our daughters wedding was held there in early May 2015. The ceremony was held outside: the grounds were absolutely beautiful! The reception inside was also beautiful. We dealt with Lori and she was fabulous- very helpful and accommodating. Our wedding coordinator that day was Eileen and she was equally fabulous. The food was amazing and the whole atmosphere of the mansion was total elegance. The guests are sill talking about it being the best wedding ever- even three weeks later!

Profile Picture User5121000, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I INSTANTLY fell in love with this venue the moment we stepped foot inside. We knew it would be where we were going to get married. They were VERY accommodating and easy to get a hold of whenever I had a question. They helped us stay with in our budget and showed us ways to keep costs down too. They made it super easy for me to have everything at one place, on such an amazing, beautiful night. Knowlton mansion had the most amazing staff I had ever had the pleasure of working with,all of my assistance from planning stages to the day were nothing short of amazing! Making it so easy for me to be able to bring in all my own other vendors. They thought of every little detail, and were extremely helpful with any specific requirements I had asked for. They were hand down worth every penny spent, and I got MORE than I asked for on so many occasions from these guys. I would absolutly recommend this to ANYONE. Friend or not. Have your wedding here, because I can guarantee you will NOT regret it. All I have heard since our big day is not only how much fun people had, but how beautiful it was, NOBODY expected this! Thank you guys! For everything!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/1/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to the team at Knowlton Mansion and Conroy Catering my husband and I had the most amazing day we could have ever hoped for. The staff helped us ever step of the way and made everything for us effortless. The mansion was beautiful even with our rainy day and compared to similar venues we could not beat the price. There are too many good things to say about Knowlton from the atmosphere to the details in the space, but the most amazing part is what a great time everyone who went to our wedding had, but more importantly what a fantastic time my husband and I had. You simply can't do better.

Thanks to everyone at Knowlton for doing such an incredible job for us.

Profile Picture Megan, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have been a wedding guest and had my wedding at Knowlton and I want to go back again. The ambiance is incredible, fantastic food, great value and excellent service. They are very flexible and let us add on time and we had our choice where in the night that could be (1 1/2 cocktail hour was great!) Our guests loved the wine cellar option and they are building a fire pit which should be really fun.

They offer a lot if different packages for your budget which we really liked. We did the bronze and still felt like we had great value. The hors d'ouvers flowed the whole cocktail hour, people loved the cake which was just the general cake nothing extra, the bar was always open. We got compliments on the service, food, ambiance, history and uniqueness of the venue. We really liked that guests could enjoy the rest of the house and outside patio when they needed a break from dancing. Its just a beautiful place to get married we could not be happier.

A few above and beyonds that are worth mentioning...They loaded up my parents entire car at the end of the night and fed and served guests that had arrived 30 minutes before our start time. That is some excellent customer service.

They worked well with all of our vendors as far as we heard and tried to accommodate everyone in the rain. Lori answered dozens of calls and emails from my mom and I she was always patient and informative.

A word to the wise...Do not book their recommended hotel Sheraton Four Points. This hotel was close to the venue but not worth it at all. Some guests missed the ceremony because their rooms were not clean at check in time. The staff was overwhelmed and did not give our our guest bags. Their whole block booking system is a mess. Don't take away from a great experience at Knowlton by going to this below average hotel.

Profile Picture Allison, 6/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Knowlton Mansion is amazing! For starters, it is a beautiful venue. The grounds are gorgeous too which makes for great photos. The staff are courteous, friendly, and professional. They attended to my every need. They made sure myself and the bridal party all got hors d'oeuvres even though we were taking pictures during cocktail hour. The food was excellent - everyone raved about it! The cake was great too. There is not one bad word I can say about the Knowlton. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose the Knowlton Mansion!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had our wedding there, it's a gorgeous place, the service was excellent as well.

Profile Picture User1445306, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved working with Conroy Catering to plan our wedding at the Knowlton Mansion. They were very professional and accomodating throughout the planning process. The mansion itself has so much character and absolutely beautiful grounds outside. We got rave reviews on the food choices and service from our guests. Everything was delicious!! The pastry cheif even made a sample of our cake for us to try out ahead of time and he custom made the entire thing to resemble a photo I had seen online. Absolutely the best service and georgous atmosphere at the mansion!!

Profile Picture User2017350, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Knowlton Mansion totally blew any expectations I could have had. The venue, outside space, rustic feel, staff, food, and location were exactly what I wanted for my wedding reception. From start to finish, Lori - my wedding planner, was extremely responsive and easy to work with. Eileen and Dee were simply amazing the day of our wedding. They took care of us the whole night and didn't seem to stop even when the reception was over. Just top-notch, I had no idea the quality I was getting when I booked the Knowlton but it was the best decision we made!

Profile Picture Samantha , 6/23/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Knowlton mansion was absolutely wonderful. Alice, who was my attendant during the wedding, ensured that everything ran smoothly, kept my bridal party in order. The food was excellent and the venue is just beautiful.

Profile Picture Tara, 10/29/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The mansion is so beautiful and the staff a pleasure to work with. An unexpected bit of charm in Northeast Philadelphia!

Profile Picture fern, 10/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were truly happy with how things ran on our wedding day. The knowlton mansion is different than your typical wedding venue. It is a beautiful mansion home with a gorgeous ballroom (with a very impressive chandelier), but at the same time, there are numerous other more homily and historic rooms in the house that your guests could walk through. The food was great, people are still raving about our cocktail hour. We did add on a number of stations (which unfortunately costs extra) but the Knowlton mansion was flexible and willing to give us certain deals when we asked for them. They were easy work with and although our contacts at Knowlton changed throughout the 2 years we were engaged, we were very pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of everyone that we encountered on the staff. They ensured that everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. The wine cellar was also a great addition. Overall I think that they were the perfect choice for a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/18/11, 4 Reviews