The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort Reviews

22 Reviews for The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort

• Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Venue!

King & Prince is a magical place to get married. Of course we picked it for many reasons, not only is it directly on the beach, the resort itself is just beautiful. Even the rain backup room directly overlooks to ocean. Also, the staff are just lovely. Scarlett is so sweet and helpful:) She was made for her job! The food is delicious too! Also, our family and friends loved having the option to rent a villa and/or house on the property. Super convenient! Highly recommend! Thanks K&P!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

We had the best wedding ever!

The entire planning process was wonderful and the team accommodated all of our requests!! We mainly worked with Scarlett and Shauntae who were WONDERFUL and so sweet. The venue was absolutely stunning and the resort was such a fun location for our guests - this was a destination wedding so all of the accommodation options were great! And the FOOD!! I’ve gotten so many compliments on the southern feast. I could not recommend the king and prince enough!

Liz · Married on 04/28/2018

I’ve visited St. Simons Island since I was a toddler and had always wanted to get married at the King and Prince. Once we toured it and realized how wonderful the staff was, we realized we had to choose this as our venue. We got married on the oceanfront lawn and had our reception in the Delegal room. We have stayed here overall five times throughout the planning process (mostly because we love visiting, you could definitely plan from out of town and only visit once if you like), and we always have the best experience. The staff is truly top notch. Scarlett and her team executed everything very smoothly from the time we toured up through the day after the wedding. There so many little details that we wanted included and the staff really went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. The staff was more than willing to assist with anything we needed. There’s really other venue like it in Georgia and perhaps even in the southeast. It was so wonderful having the bar in the lobby so our families could mingle, having the fire pits outside, the fireplace inside, the oceanfront restaurant, being able to have our families stay in the hotel, being right on the beach...the list goes on! We are so happy to have chosen to get married here. It was really a dream wedding!

Nicole · Married on 08/28/2016

My husband and I got married here in August of 2016 and it was amazing! I wouldn't have changed a thing. We worked with Hannah and she was so helpful. We were in contact a few times a month and a lot more the closer we got to the wedding. She helped finalize details and made sure I had everything I needed. The food here is the best and the staff is so friendly. We would recommend this venue to everyone! So beautiful and historic

Jami · Married on 10/03/2015

We fell in love with the King and Prince on our first visit and then working with Scarlett and her team was the cherry on top! From our intital tour to the day of planning, we were just amazed with their professionalism and attention to detail. The food was unbelievable and I cannot give praise enough to Scarlett for her gracious help in the planning of our wedding ceremony and reception.
    I really cannot say enough of how wonderful the King and Prince resort was.

The king and price is a beautiful location to have a beautiful wedding!!

Lisa · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I got married at the King & Prince Resort on March 28, 2015. It was the greatest day of our entire lives. The King & Prince Resort was phenomenal. The staff was so amazing. We worked primarily with Scarlett, who is unbelievably wonderful! She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and truly helped us with every detail along the way. The other staff at the K&P were so amazing on the wedding day. We truly got to relax and enjoy our day because the King & Prince took care of all the wonderful details. We are so grateful to Scarlett and everyone at the K&P for making our day so fantastic. I would recommend the K&P to anyone! We had our ceremony on the lawn and our reception in the Delegal room. We loved that our ceremony and reception were right next to each other, and the locations were just beautiful. Also, the food was DELICIOUS. I highly recommend skipping a wedding cake and going with the K&P's brownie and ice cream station (best brownie a la mode I've ever had). The King & Prince blew our expectations out of the water. They are a great option for your special day! Also, our engagement was only 5 months long. The King & Prince can help you create the wedding of your dreams in a short amount of time if needed! We are so grateful for them!!

Anyone thinking of a wedding on St. Simons Island should really consider the King & Prince Golf & Beach Resort as a venue. As mother-of-the-bride, I worked closely with Ruth, a most positive, professional & accommodating wedding liaison. The King & Prince completed a major lobby renovation in February, 2014 & our event was held the following October. The makeover accomplished a much-needed face lift, giving the hotel entrance and lobby a bright, modern, more polished look while still maintaining the integrity of her historic roots. The new upscale, comfortable bar, & the adjacent area has comfortable seating & a fireplace. The atmosphere in the bar is really fun & laid-back & our guests took advantage of this area throughout their stay. The wedding ceremony was on the oceanfront lawn & the reception was in the Delegal Room. Many people complimented the food & among other things, we had a variety of seafood on the menu, which really added to the beach theme. We are not local to the area so this was a destination wedding. We had the great blessing of beautiful weather all weekend. I think most of the guests truly felt like they had a mini-vacation. Plan B in case of rain was to move the ceremony indoors & have the bride and groom stand in front of the fireplace.

Helpful tips: our four-piece band didn’t overwhelm the room. An indoor & outdoor bar kept things flowing & some guests enjoyed sitting out by the ocean. The K & P provides a list of reputable vendors, & we took advantage of this to find our cake provider & a classical trio for the ceremony. Unfortunately, there is no bride's room available on the premises for pre-wedding preparation. Our family stayed in the Tabby House, a spacious condo on the property. We brought extra mirrors & the bridesmaids & our daughter seemed to have a great time getting ready together. I think the best thing I could say about the entire experience is a quote from my daughter who said, "It was perfect!"

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2014

Chris and I were absolutely thrilled with our experience at the King and Prince! Allyson went above and beyond to make our rehearsal dinner incredible... And she did it all within our budget. We appreciated the extra touches she provided to give the event the ambiance we wanted... I wish we could relive this magical night again and again. Thank you so much!

Dana and Tom · Married on 09/06/2014

The resort was amazing! Our guests all loved their accommodations, there were so many options! Lots to do, and the new renovations were beautiful! On the wedding day - they were perfect - truly made it easy to sit back and relax!

Kyle · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I got married on September 6th on the Oceanfront Lawn and then had our reception in the Delegal room, it was perfect! I was very specific about what I wanted while planning and Allison, the King and Prince wedding planner, was so helpful and accommodating for all my ideas! The weekend of the wedding, the entire King and Prince staff took care of all our 185 guests and made sure everything for the wedding was ready so I could relax and visit with all our family and friends. The King and Prince was the most beautiful venue; the renovation they recently went through is stunning! I was so impressed from beginning to end of the wedding planning process and I would highly recommend to anyone! We will be going back for many years to come to celebrate our anniversaries!

The King and Prince was a joy to work with! They were also very quick to respond and worked with my on every detail to make my event perfect. I was pleasantly surprised about how knowledgeable they were about where all of their food and drink came from and were able to provide information to me about the farms. I was also able to keep all of my food and beverage local/organic/green/sustainable, which was very important to me. The view and resort can't be beat!

Teresa · Married on 08/09/2014

Scarlett Starr was awesome. She made everything so easy for us. She listened to us and made helpful suggestions. She helped make the wedding day perfect.

Kim · Married on 07/18/2014

Absolutely perfect event I would recommend to everyone The employees were so wonderful and cared so much about our Wedding that you would think they were family!! Scarlett and Ruth are so professional and were willing to do anything we asked and act as if nothing was a problem The King and Prince wedding experience is true southern hospitality at its best !!!!! Thanks to them all !!

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2014

The King and Prince did an amazing job for us in the planning and executing of our wedding. Our day was so special and they took care of every detail and every request. Ruth was a joy to work with. We want to do it all over again!

Beautiful location, fabulous food, great wedding event coordinators, splendid historic venue. Reservations were a bit difficult for guests and there was an issue with the bar music interfering with our event music but it was all resolved. The hotel had just recently re-opened after an expansive renovation and were working out some kinks. They were wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner, bridal breakfast and reception at the resort and all were great. There was never "no" as an answer - they were great to work with and they made it all fantastic!

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2013

The King and Prince should be SO grateful for Scarlett Starr. Without her, our experience would not have been the same. We were absolutely THRILLED with every single thing about our wedding and reception including the DELICIOUS food/beverages. We had a FABULOUS experience from start to finish with Scarlett. We HIGHLY recommend working with her - and the venues available through The King and Prince are absolutely gorgeous.

Jamie · Married on 06/15/2013

The staff at the King and Prince was amazing. They made sure that our big day was everything that we had hoped it would be! I could not have asked for a better experience!

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

I've always known that I wanted to get married on the lawn at the King and Prince. It's gorgeous--with the three beautiful palm trees overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. This backdrop was perfect for our ceremony, and we moved upstairs, to the Retreat Room, for our reception. The Retreat Room is also so, so beautiful with 180 degree views of the ocean. We had an amazing experience with the King and Prince. The food was absolutely delicious (seriously--people are still talking about it), the waitstaff was amazing, and Scarlett (the wedding coordinator) is simply the sweetest person in the world. However, we did run into one issue right before the wedding (which was not Scarlett's fault but another coordinator's). We reserved this venue over a year in advance and requested a specific time and location for our ceremony rehearsal. Unfortunately, this was not properly recorded by another employee, and she promised this location and time to another family. We were made to rehearse in a different location and time which impacted our rehearsal dinner and vision for the ceremony. Scarlett tried her best to help us and was even present on the day of our ceremony (not a part of her duties); I can't praise her enough. My only advice to other brides and grooms looking at the King and Prince: book early to reserve your date and make sure to have every detail in writing and reviewed. However, overall, we had an amazing experience, and I can recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 08/02/2016

The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Hi Alexandra, We are beyond thrilled you enjoyed your special day at the King and Prince Resort! Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful note. We have gone through all measures to alleviate the miscommunication with our team for rehearsals for our upcoming events and appreciate your honesty. Best wishes as you and your husband begin your lives together! -King and Prince Resort Management

Susan · Married on 10/18/2014

Allyson at the King and Prince was wonderful. I am from out of town and we communicated by email. She was prompt, professional and excited about my wedding! The service and food was top notch. The Solarium was the perfect size for a small wedding reception. Allyson and the staff at the King and Prince made my wedding reception better than perfect!

Tom · Married on 09/06/2014

3.5

The venue, accommodations and food were great.
    Staff was helpful. Our guests had a great weekend.