The Inn on Peaks Island Reviews

68 Reviews for The Inn on Peaks Island

• Jennifer

Jennifer Hagen · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Tour of the Inn

From the moment we stepped in the door Jayson and Olivia were so very helpful. My heart and mind are at ease in my plans to work with them for our wedding day! Very excited to begin this process!!

Sent on 02/16/2020

Samantha Reisman · Married on 11/16/2019

Best day ever.

Reflecting back on our recent wedding at Inn on Peaks Island, this was truly the best day of our lives! Jayson helped to ensure that all my planning came to life and the place had the look and feel I intended. Actually, it was BETTER than I had even envisioned, which was amazing. The space was perfect for our group and I liked having the rooms segmented for the different chapters of the evening. My guests were comfortable and enjoyed the boat ride over and the true "Maine Experience" of traveling to the island for our special day. Jayson was helpful in coordinating with all my vendors the day of, which cut down on a lot of potential stress. It was also really convenient (and cozy!) to stay on site at the Inn with my wedding party and family. I really enjoyed our beautiful and spacious bridal suite where I got dressed for the wedding. The food was delicious and the service was excellent...they even made our own specialty cocktails that I enjoyed throughout the evening. I'd do it all over again if I could and make all the same choices.

C.V. · Married on 11/02/2019

No complaints!

No hidden fees, what you see is what you get in the package. Throughout the entire process it felt as though we were the only wedding at the venue. Beautiful reception space and food was actually delicious!

• Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing- perfect Maine venue

We’ve loved our experience with the Inn so far! We can’t wait to get married there in October.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Kaitlin Parker · Married on 10/19/2019

The best! Get married here..

Jayson and the team we’re AMAZING. It was truly the best wedding experience we could have hoped for.

Sent on 12/15/2019

Megan Conway · Married on 10/12/2019

Thank you! I wish we could give more than 5 stars

Jayson and his team at the Inn on Peaks could not have done a better job for us. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Jayson made things incredibly easy for us both before the wedding and the day of. That we did not need to hire a wedding planner at all speaks to the level of service he provides. The Inn itself was the perfect space for a wedding of our size (~165 guests), and we were able to hold our ceremony on the front lawn - no guest transportation necessary. We also loved the food, both during dinner and cocktail hour. What we tasted was truly what we got on the big day. Overall, we felt like we were incredibly lucky that our wedding was so stress-free. Thank you Jayson!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Laura Mccomish · Married on 10/05/2019

Best ever!

We started planning our wedding a year in advance and had a couple venues set up to view. The inn on peaks was our first and only venue we looked at. We fell in love instantly. It had that backyard feel, met our price range and ocean views! Planning our wedding was flawless with the help of Jason. The food, the ferry ride, the inn was all perfect. Everyone at my wedding raved about it and how it was a perfect wedding! I can not recommend the inn on peaks enough!

• Erika

Erika K · Married on 09/13/2019

Magical & Wonderful!!

The Inn On Peaks Island was the PERFECT wedding venue for my husband and I. Jayson and his team made our day flawless and we would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2019

Dream Wedding Venue

My husband and I got married here this summer and we can not imagine having our wedding reception anywhere else! We got married at a church nearby and then had our reception and our entire wedding party stay at the Inn for the weekend. It was perfect- highly recommended! Jayson was a huge help and somehow managed to answer our hundreds of questions prior to the wedding. The food was amazing as well, a great chef! Being from the area we have high expectations for lobster rolls and they were definitely better than any other wedding we've been to- their mini lobster rolls were huge! The price for this venue is well worth it- if anything we were surprised how low the cost was for everything that is included! The ferry was a fun experience for all of our guests although it did add a little stress given the ferry only runs once an hour, I was concerned some of my older relatives wouldn't make it but everyone did even in the height of tourist season! Overall an amazing experience and highly recommended!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Aly · Married on 07/13/2019

The best decision we made

We cannot say enough great things about holding our wedding at the Inn on Peaks Island. Working with Jayson from start to finish was an absolute dream. He was a true professional and responded quickly to all my many questions. He and Victoria made the whole planning process simple, easy, and dare I say enjoyable. It was great having the entire day in one place and not having to shuttle between locations. My guests are still raving about the food (the mini lobster rolls in particular) to this day - 8 months later. If you are considering a wedding within the Portland area, do not overlook the Inn on Peaks Island! The cost of the venue is well worth the service and everything else you receive. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Adam

Adam Seigal · Married on 07/06/2019

Tremendous Experience!

We could not have been more happy with our Inn on Peaks Island experience! Beautiful location, great food, and amazing staff. Jayson (Wedding Director) was tremendous throughout the whole process - inviting us out to visit whenever we wanted, answering questions promptly, and even engaging with our parents and relatives prior to the big day. Despite dubious weather conditions the day of, we had complete confidence in Jayson and his team to take care of things (and they did, despite getting soaked). We will always be grateful to Jayson for making this such a wonderful occasion for us, and we highly recommend the Inn on Peaks Island!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Christy Thomas · Married on 06/28/2019

Couldn't have asked for more

The Inn on Peaks Island was perfect for us. We wanted a venue near the Portland airport for friends and family traveling from away, something with good natural light, and reasonable pricing for a roughly 120-person guest list. What we didn't expect was such an amazing coordinator (Jayson)--we couldn't have asked for more. It was a perfect set up for a couple who didn't have a wedding planner and were doing a lot on their own, but didn't want to worry about who was going to be in charge of logistics on the day of. Would HIGHLY recommend the Inn on Peaks Island. (The only thing to be aware of is travel logistics to/from Portland proper, especially for guests with limited mobility, but there are golf carts and taxis for when golf carts aren't available, but the .3 mile walk from the dock is easy for most.)

• MegHitTheZachPot

Meg · Married on 06/22/2019

Summer Wedding Bliss

I can't say enough wonderful things about our incredible wedding reception at the Inn on Peaks Island, and the supportive team.
    I'm a very Type A bride who planned 90% of the wedding remotely. Jayson was so easy to work with - always very quick on responses, provided clear explanations, and had everything that we needed to plan for our wedding. He provided guidance from other weddings without being too pushy, and even though I probably drove him crazy with all of the questions, he never acted like I was bothering him or an inconvenience. Especially on the days leading up to the wedding, Jayson and team were so extremely helpful! On our wedding day, Jayson did an incredible job keeping us on schedule, seamlessly following from activity to activity. I was blown away by his wedding coordination and really couldn't have asked for anything better. As someone who was so nervous about the schedule and coordination for the day of, I definitely shouldn't have been, as I felt taken care of the whole day.
    For the Inn itself, it is a really beautiful location, with plenty of room to dance, sit outside, play games, etc. It was great that our guests were able to relax how they wanted. There was a lot of decorations that are included as well, which is great for saving money on purchasing decorations. The food was absolutely delicious as well - I would highly recommend the late night food if you are able to include that. Our guests are still talking about the late night lobster rolls and pizza.
    The only downside is that it's hard to see from the dance floor, for the cake cutting and the first dances, but was small in comparison to all the amazing pluses of the venue.
    We also loved the approximately to the beach (we had some great photos) and the Inn rooms on site!
    Honestly, you won't be disappointed if you have your wedding at the Inn on Peaks Island. I would 100% recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • IB Miller

Ib Miller · Married on 06/08/2019

Nothing short of amazing

The Inn on Peaks was the most wonderful wedding venue imaginable. Our guests had the unique experience of seeing Portland, boarding an quick ferry, and visiting Peaks Island, a picturesque Maine Island. The Inn itself is a beautiful venue with great attention to detail. The food served is excellent; our guests raved about the lobster rolls in particular. Jayson, the wedding coordinator at the Inn, is probably the best thing that could happen to a couple planning a wedding. He is so friendly first and foremost. He is also excellent at his job - incredibly knowledgeable about weddings with the most helpful tips for logistics, he is patient, responsive, and takes care of everything. If something went wrong at our wedding, we have no idea, because all we saw was a perfect wedding, and we credit that to Jayson and his team. From start to finish it was a dream.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Edward Perretta · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful Early Summer Wedding

My wife and I were fortunate to celebrate our June 1st wedding at the Inn on Peaks Island. As soon as we saw the Inn from the very charming ferry -- we knew we had chosen the right venue. Jayson and the entire staff at the Inn made us feel welcome and at ease from the menu tasting earlier in the year, to the ease of communication and booking leading up to the big day. We said our vows in front of family and friends in their beautiful outdoor ceremony space overlooking the water. The restaurant, bar, and event meals were fantastic throughout. Service was professional but very warm and comfortable. We really couldn't be happier with Jayson -- he was on top of things we hadn't even thought of, all while making us feel like we were old friends. 10/10 would get married there again. We already plan to visit on our 1st anniversary!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Ann and Craig · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely perfect!!

Jayson and the whole team at the Inn on Peaks Island handled all the details for our wedding so seamlessly—and always with a smile. A joy to work with. The location is fabulous! Our guests who didn’t stay at the Inn enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the ferry ride back to Portland. A “destination wedding” on the gorgeous coast of Maine. Couldn’t have been better!!

Lindsay Quinn · Married on 05/10/2019

Best day of our lives!!

Thank you so so much to the entire staff for making our wedding the most amazing day of our lives. HUGE thank you to Jayson for seeing our vision through and providing endless support with all of our vendor partners who made our day magical.

• User6716871 · 1+ year ago

The venue specialist was wonderful. The promoxity to the ferry is great. The stsff were splendid.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Jasmine Milbier · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding 10.20

This venue was absolutely amazing. The wedding planner, Jayson, was so organized and handled everything that came up. I would not change a thing and I would 100% use this venue again. It was everything I wanted and more.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Marissa · Married on 10/13/2018

Words Cannot Describe

Just breathtaking when I saw everything come together! Jayson and his team at the Inn and the beautiful space make the entire experience easy and perfect for a New England wedding. Do not be intimidated by the ferry. It is so easy to just provide the instructions with the ferry time etc in the invitation/wedding website. Everything worked out smooth, vendors and guests all arrived without delays. I recommend telling guests to stay in airbnbs on the island, book in advance. Both of our families stayed at the Inn (rented out the entire place), which was so amazing and gave us the opportunity to spend the weekend together and make memories that were so special. It is not just about the wedding day but the entire wedding weekend. The Inn is so accommodating and the communication throughout the year of planning was just fabulous. And, the FOOD (which is one of the most important things at a wedding ) was just amazing. Highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Ralph · Married on 09/15/2018

Had a great experience at my daughter's recent wedding at the Inn On Peaks. Jayson and the entire staff were great, professional and friendly. I heard many guests very complimentary of the food as well. The location and set up were beautiful. The Ferry's are a complication but - in a way - a fun complication. I will never forget my daughter peaking over my shoulder from her balcony room watching about 125 well dressed guests coming up to the Inn from the Ferry a couple of hundred yards away. It is quite a sight - it did seem that many guests enjoyed the novelty of a ferry ride. Thanks to all the staff at the Inn - it could not have been better.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Ellie · Married on 08/12/2018

Working with Jayson at the inn was an incredible experience. Everything exceeded expectations and Jayson, the wedding director, was a big part of that. We've been married for 2 weeks now and we are still sort of dazed and how well everything worked out. Jayson and the Inn on Peaks made our day the best it could possible be. You cannot put a price on that.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

Best staff, best vibes

We loved our experience working with Jayson and the team! It is an amazing benefit to have on-site catering available, and we used a ton of the recommendations from Jayson for officiant, florals, cake, etc. Almost all of our vendors had previously done weddings at the Inn, which made logistics so much easier. Jayson was great about answering our (many) questions, and especially with emotional support when there was light rain. (Pictures turned out gorgeously!) Our guests were mostly from out-of-town and loved getting the Maine experience heading out to Peaks.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Julie · Married on 07/21/2018

Incredible all the Way Around!!

This was a beautiful destination and Jason is AMAZING. So close to home--and felt like in another world!! Loved It!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Amy · Married on 07/07/2018

When you live 800+ miles away and have never been to Portland you rely heavily on reviews and people from the area to plan your destination wedding for 130 guests. The Inn on Peaks Island exceeded all of our expectations. The staff is extremely detail oriented, professional and timely. Jayson the wedding coordinator needs to be cloned as he made planning a wedding from afar as easy as it could be. The food was delicious, the garden was colorful, the service was impeccable and everyone had an amazing time. Thank you for helping give us the best day of our lives! We wouldn't change a thing and want to do it all over again!

Sent on 08/04/2018