The Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa & Conference Center Reviews

The Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa & Conference Center 4
  • Alicia

Alicia Rivera · Getting married on 08/28/2020

First Impressions

We just booked for next August. Jennifer is absolutely wonderful and so sweet. They have let me go back twice during the day on weekends without and appointment to show my parents and take notes for decorations. I am a city girl. My fiance is a country boy. This venue is the perfect in between!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Sue · Married on 09/06/2018

I just read the previous negative review and had to respond. I was at that wedding and am a friend of the groom. The hotel was clean, beautiful and above all professional. The DJ played all the songs requested by the bride and groom. If a guest does not like the music it’s what the bride and groom picked it is not the music. I also had the steak and it was great!! As far as the drinks I found them just perfect and tipped extra as the service was above par. I did attend the after party. While the Bar was very warm as the air was not working there was actually extra food left over. They asked us if we wanted to take the extra and we declined. I am sorry that this guest of the wedding was upset. However, I can assure you all the rest of us were beyond happy!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Carly · Married on 07/21/2017

Go see this place in person! We chose the Heritage Hotel for our July wedding, and it was the BEST decision. Jennifer and Chris are great to work with, the food was amazing, and the venue is beautiful! Online pictures really do not do it justice- it has been recently renovated, and the stone garden was lush and colorful for our ceremony. The Timbers room is stunning: huge stone fireplace, wood beams that feel like a barn, and full-length windows that look out over the patio. The staff was able to accommodate serving the dinner family style (highly recommended) and everything ran smoothly. The best part was hanging out in the pub afterwards and knowing that our guests could go right upstairs to their rooms. Highly recommended and a great value!

Sent on 08/21/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/26/2017

Chris and Jen are amazing! They helped my husband and I with everything at our wedding and was so flexible with ceremony location and decor. They are one of the best to work with. completely down to earth.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 01/21/2017

Our criteria when looking for a venue were to be able to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and guest rooms in one location with a rustic vibe. My husband and I knew the Heritage was the perfect location for our ceremony and reception just from one look at their website. Jennifer was very responsive and helpful with all of the planning along the way. The venue was perfect, and Chris kept everything running smoothly the day of our wedding. Our guests commented on how great their meals were and most of them stayed the night and thought their rooms were excellent as well. If you are looking for a rustic venue, you won't regret choosing the Heritage!

Sent on 03/29/2017

rose · Married on 09/18/2016

The facility and staff are first rate. Our planning and actual event was effortless. Weekend guests had a wonderful time!
    What a great place for a destination wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 01/30/2016

We had our winter wedding at the Heritage Resort and Conference Center on 01/30/16. In terms of the hotel itself, our guests loved it! They have recently put millions of dollars into renovations and the place looks great! The staff members were incredibly helpful and friendly. There is a great gym, beautiful pool and sauna, and cozy places to lounge in front of the fireplace throughout the building. The bar/restaurant was a great place for us to get together after the rehearsal dinner to mingle and after the reception to keep the celebration going! The food at the hotel is all-around amazing- from the rehearsal dinner, to late night snacks at the bar, to the reception meals. Also, it was great not to worry about people traveling after the wedding- they just had to go to their rooms! I was nervous planning everything from Philadelphia, where we live, but Chris and Jennifer made it so easy. They were both there for us every step of the way. Jennifer worked with our budget to tailor a perfect package for us and both Chris and Jennifer answered our many questions throughout the process to make sure our day was perfect. On the actual day of the wedding, they coordinated seamlessly with the vendors, made the rooms look absolutely beautiful, and worked hard to make sure every single guest had an amazing time. We absolutely intend to come back to Heritage at least once a year for a weekend getaway. The new pool bar in the summer is supposed to be amazing. We are so glad we chose to get married here- it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 02/21/2016

The Heritage Hotel Golf, Spa & Conference Center's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, for your kind words! It was an honor to host your wedding and I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the whole wedding weekend! We can't wait to welcome you back this summer!

Ali · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I were forced to find a new venue 6 months before our wedding day. We had zero flexibility with date or time as we had already sent save the dates. When we met with Jennifer and Chris, they put us at ease. They worked magic to accommodate us with our specific timing as there was another wedding booked that same day. Leading up to the wedding, the entire staff was super friendly and professional to all of our questions and needs. The hotel was under renovation, yet the staff assured us that things would be fabulous by May 9....and they were!!! My guests are still raving about the food (we had stations-pasta, mashed potato, carving, and salad) and the Heritage room (cocktail hour) and garden room with access to the stone garden (reception) were both just perfect. Jennifer and Chris sat with my mom and I the day before the wedding to go over every detail when we dropped off our special touches- table numbers, memory table, favors etc. Being a school teacher (and type A lol) I had everything labeled meticulously and I can say that not ONE thing was not the way I had imagined it. The staff was also wonderful during the evening: my photographer had to leave at 8:30 and at 8:20 I asked them to bring out our cupcake tower (earlier than our set plan so I could have her photograph cake cutting before she left) and they pulled through with smiles on their faces!!! Ryan was our maître de and truly went above and beyond by not only packaging things back up for us at the end of the night, but labeling boxes AND delivering to our room. The only thing he couldn't touch was our card box and gifts--it made for a very easy and quick transition for us to the "after party" at Shadrachs bar in the hotel.
    Bottom line: This venue has it all for extremely fair pricing. Beautiful banquet rooms, garden area, friendly staff, great food, hotel bar for after party, beautiful guest rooms, great amenities, oh and the bridal suite is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Lindsey · Married on 11/01/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony at the Heritage Hotel--wow, what a wonderful experience. Jennifer and Chris made the planning process as well as these events SO fantastic. They were very attentive to all of my questions and always quick to respond to my many emails. The Heritage Room was a beautiful and private space to host our rehearsal dinner and the food was great! We had our wedding ceremony in the Garden room--it is such a beautiful and elegant space. They handled everything the day of the ceremony ensuring that it was a flawless ceremony (and so that I could be worry-free). I could not think of a better place to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and for all of our guests to stay for the weekend!!!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

Such a gorgeous day at the perfect place

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • Megan K

Megan · Married on 07/26/2013

Working with Chris and Candice was a dream! Candice answered every question I had, months leading up to the wedding and found a solution to any snag that came up. Chris was with us the day of and was always there to ask if we needed anything and was off and running the second we did. Great team!

The venue itself was perfectly beautiful and is a nice hidden gem that not many people know about. Everything was just perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Erin · Married on 06/14/2013

Mike and I were beyond pleased with our wedding reception at the Heritage Hotel. It was everything we could have asked for. Chris and Jen provided us with a day we will never forget. They were accommodating to all our requests and our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the reception and their service staying at the hotel. The food was delicious, service was spectacular and the 8 Mile Brook Room is an awesome setting for a wedding!! If we had one complaint it was the cocktail room was a little warm. Chris gave us such attention throughout the night and had everything organized so well that the night ran so smooth. We wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Words cannot begin to explain how happy I am with our choice to get married and hold our wedding reception at the Heritage Hotel. We chose the Heritage for it's reasonable price, the ease of having everything in one location, and how beautiful the stone garden looked in the spring (it is gorgeous in June!).

The wedding coordinators (Chris, Jennifer and Candice) went above and beyond to make every aspect of my dream wedding come true. They were extremely accommodating and worked with me to incorporate all of my must haves into my big day. I live outside of Boston and was extremely impressed at their responsiveness to phone calls and emails and how easy it was to plan from a different state.

In addition to the ceremony and reception, we also hosted our rehearsal dinner and a breakfast the morning after at the Heritage. It made the trip easier for our out of town guests, and made planning and coordinating easier for me.

We received countless compliments on the venue, food and service from our guests, and I would highly recommend the Heritage Hotel to any bride-to-be.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Christine · Married on 09/22/2012

Jennifer is fantastic to work with and the venue itself is amazing. We were married in their beautiful stone garden outside and the staff was able to hang the flower balls in the trees to make the setting look magical. They transformed the 8 Mile Room to my exact vision. The hotel itself was amazingly accommodating from helping distribute breakfast tickets for the room block at check-in to helping my late guests get settled in and not miss the wedding. The catering staff was super attentive and made sure I had zero worries. The food was phenomenal and everyone commented on how delicious it was, how stuffed they were and proceeded to dance off the calories. :) You can't go wrong with this venue. They made our night unforgettable.

Sent on 10/14/2012

jen · Married on 11/12/2011

The heritage hotel was perfect. I had alot of out of town guests all they had to do was walk from the reception to their rooms. The hotel has alot to offer pool, gym, spa, golf. They also have a resturant and bar which is where we all went after the wedding. Jen is amazing she answered all of my questions, and I had alot. They are very flexaible and aot is included in there package, wedding cake, room, guest rates, champange toast, ext. Chris (jen's assistant) was there from start to finish makeing sure my bridal party and ourselves had everything we needed. I had many compliants from the guests that night.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Kimberly · Married on 06/15/2011

Jennifer is wonderful to work with and the venue is absolutely perfect! The package is affordable and the service is great! The wedding package is great too because it includes the cake!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2011

I just can't rave enough about the Heritage, its staff, and my experience with them. From the very beginning, when I was researching venues, Jennifer (the catering manager) was quick to respond to my questions, concerns, and help in any way possible.

The entire staff truly went above and beyond during the whole planning practice and the wedding day itself. One of my decorations fell off a table during the reception and broke - I had absolutely no idea it happened, and would have just told them to trash it at that point, but a member of the wait staff took it in the back and glued it back together! It's the little things like that which made my experience with the Heritage wonderful.

The food was also terrific, the bar service was great, the staff was friendly, and my guests had a terrific time. The value was also great - you really get so much in each wedding package.

I highly, highly recommend hosting any event at the Heritage Hotel!!

Sent on 06/05/2011
  • W

Wendi · Married on 07/11/2009

We cant speak highly enough of the Heritage Hotel and of their catering manager, Jennifer. Our entire wedding weekend went off without a hitch and all of the guests are still praising us and the hotel for such a great weekend. Every email that was sent to Jennifer was responded to immediatley with all of the information we needed. Whenever we had a request or favor, she never said no. Jennifer will accomodate anything that is needed to make the bride and groom happy. The food was incredible and the hotel rooms felt like home. I highly recommend the Heritage Hotel for both your reception and your ceremony. Their stone garden is a beautiful ceremony location.

Sent on 07/31/2009

Sandra · Married on 09/06/2015

The Heritage Hotel in Southbury, CT was the perfect venue for our wedding! This location has recently been renovated, so everything looked great! We had just under 100 guests, but it could easily accommodate a much larger group as well. The Stone Garden was a beautiful spot for the ceremony, and pictures came out great. Having everything on-site (wedding, cocktail hour, and reception) was an excellent choice and the hotel is set up perfectly to make it easy for guests to move from one to the next. The grounds make for excellent pictures - just have your photographer visit the location ahead of time so they know where to take the best shots. The food was very good and staff were polite and efficient. Jennifer and Chris (our event planner and Maitre' d) were easy to work with, answered all of my questions, and provided us with all the information we needed to organize our special day. I highly recommend this location for a wedding (and other special events)!

Sent on 09/21/2015

I had my wedding at the heritage this past October and it was fantastic. Jen is amazing to work with and very understanding. There is no stupid question or request and she made everything perfect. The food was great, everyone couldn't stop raving about the steak. It was a great night and I was very pleased with the Heritage in all.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Briana · Married on 08/15/2009

The Heritage Hotel was our venue of choice (after looking at about 20) for our wedding on August 15th, 2009. My fiance (now husband) had announced to me prior to our search that he "didn't want to have it in a place with a crystal chandelier". Having grown up as a teen working in his uncle's massive event hall he has seen his fair share of cheesy weddings and didn't want ours to be anything 'sparkly'. So we came up with a vision for an English garden theme. Finally, after many searches, we came to the 8 Mile Brook Room at the Heritage Hotel in Southbury. We shipped in manzanita branches from California, bought glass hanging votives over the internet, and found 14 vases at Home Goods under $10 a piece that mismatched on purpose. My wonderful husband washed in a strainer 3 bags of pea pebbles we got at Home Depot for $4 a bag to secure the branches in. We built these things in a service room that had been set up for us a couple of the days before the wedding. The rustic theme was completed with 3 mason jars of loose flowers surrounding the centerpieces. The food was wonderful, (get the gorgonzola ravioli pasta course, it's worth every penny!!) The hors d'ouervres were great, the staff was courteous, the events planner was totally accommodating and helpful. They allowed us to have a Venetian table without any additional service charge. When we had gotten there a couple of days prior to build the centerpieces and noticed a HUGE dumpster appeared outside not far from the wall of windows in the reception room-Jennifer had it removed promptly. What was even more wonderful was that since it was part of the hotel, our out of town and drinking guests had a very convenient, clean, inexpensive ($130 a night) place to stay. They also didn't have a 2-night stay minimum, which ruled out two other venues. I'm so glad that we had our reception here!

Sent on 09/08/2009

Erin · Married on 10/18/2015

The Heritage Hotel is a picture-perfect setting for a rustic Connecticut wedding. They excel at banquet settings and large wedding-type events. Chris Allen and Jennifer Guilliano are amazing at what they do and will tailor your event to your particular vision. They have exceptional class, professionalism and knowledge of event planning and catering.
    The hotel was just newly renovated and is truly a place you can be proud to have your guest stay! It's an excellent choice for a bride and groom looking to put on a great small-town wedding all in one place!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Katie · Married on 10/10/2009

I was married at the Garden Room in the Heritage Hotel on 10/10/09. Jennifer is the coordinator there and she is great! I had all sorts of centerpieces and such for her to set up and it was perfect! We met three times before hand to go over everything and we corresponded by email and phone. When we received our one year anniversary dinner last week she also set that up!

The venu was gorgeous and our guests loved the pub in the hotel after the wedding. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Kate · Married on 12/31/2010

Jenn at the Heritage was great! They were completely flexible with all my requests. The food and service was great. We had an overall wonderful experience at the Heritage

Sent on 01/31/2011