The Grand Plaza Resort Reviews

302 | Saint Petersburg, FL

302 Reviews for The Grand Plaza Resort

Amanda · Married on 06/13/2014

The Grand Plaza was the perfect place! The staff is all very professional and our wedding coordinator Gloria Zak was amazing! We had the most perfect wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/12/2014

My husband and I got married at the Grand Plaza and if we could go back and do it all over again there would not be one thing that we would change! We live in Ontario and had never been to the Grand Plaza prior to our wedding day. We booked everything solely on reviews.

I need to talk about a Security Guard at the Grand Plaza named Terry for a moment. During pictures he locked up all of our belongings since we didn’t have anywhere to put them . After pictures Terry also got us a pitcher of water and glasses since it was so hot out. One of my bridesmaids was pregnant and another had a very bad sunburn on her feet and Terry was so kind as to get them both bags of ice to put on their feet while we were waiting. We can’t thank Terry enough for all of his help!!

We got married on the North beach. Everything about it was perfect. We were the only wedding that day which was nice because we could stay on the beach for pictures as long as we wanted.

We had our reception in the Presidential Suite which is quite possibly the nicest venue to ever have a reception in! We had 45 people total which you could still have a lot more people in there if you wanted to. We chose the Grand Plated package which was just perfect for our group. We picked three entrees (Mahi Mahi, Chicken Picatta and Prime Rib.) Everyone raved about how good the food was.

There was also one bartender who quite a few of the guests really liked. Her name was Barbra. She was so kind and helpful to everyone! She even gave me pins when my dress got ripped.

Our coordinator Amy did a fantastic job the day of the wedding keeping everything happening when it should. She was very helpful in keeping us hydrated and giving us a place to take a break before the ceremony. I know she did a ton of things behind the scenes that I didn’t see too.

All in all the staff at the Grand Plaza are just amazing.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/01/2014

We got married at the Grand Plaza on May 1st and I highly recommend it! It was beautiful and everything went so smooth! I was a stress free bride! Ask for Katie as your coordinator because she is absolutely amazing!!! I am from NY and we had a destination wedding...people said it would be hard to plan but with Katie's help it was so easy! The staff was nice, the glamour room is a must, the Presidential ballroom was gorgeous. My family and friends had a blast and can't wait to go back! If you are planning a wedding on St. Pete Beach....you must go to the Grand Plaza!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Everything within their control was absolutely perfect! Katie was my coordinator and she is AMAZING!! My ceremony was absolutely gorgeous and they were great about helping me get all of my DIY stuff in place and set up:) I received numerous compliments on the food from the buffet and the service was great. The overall vibe of this hotel was perfect for my 'fancy' beach wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2014

The dream place anybody could ever want their wedding... Magnificent View omg... Lovely highly recommended!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Lovee · Married on 04/04/2014

Omg let me start with these girls are very helpful each and every one of them! I work with Katie personal and she was awesome ! she did exactly everything I had ask for and even thrown in a couple extras for me here and there like extra chairs outside for the ceremony. Due to the fact I did have a problem with one of my florist and they had helped me out alot with that. The grand plaza is a beautiful place and I wouldnt had wanted it any other way!

Sent on 04/17/2014
  • User3202214 · 2+ years ago

Gloria is AMAZING!! She went over and beyond with every small detail involved for our wedding day helping the planning that much more easier. The venue itself is great! We chose the north side of the beach for the ceremony and even though it was during spring break, the staff there made sure that everyone was respectful during our ceremony and kept people away! It was very quiet and no one was disrespectful during the ceremony :) We had our reception in the presidential ballroom with the phenomenal view! The staff set up the room beautifully with all of my DIY creations just how I wanted it set up and the staff members during the buffet and throughout the night were very nice! We also got the suite room to stay in for that night and it had an awesome view from the 9th floor! This is a great place to get married for you and your groom!!

Sent on 04/02/2014

The wedding packages they have are amazing. No other hotel in the area offers as many perks as the Grand Plaza. On top of that, they have the Glam Room, which is every girl's dream. It's a beautiful room done in all silver with plush couches, full length mirrors, changing area, and just a wonderful place to get ready before your big day. My girlfriends and I had a blast in there. The Grand Plaza also has the most beautiful ceremony areas of any hotel on the beach! They have an aisle made of palm trees and beautiful plants and foliage all around creating a very scenic backdrop for your ceremony pics!
    The staff was amazing and flexible. The night of our rehearsal dinner it was a bit chilly and I asked the staff if we could move our dinner in from off the beach to inside and they complied without hesitation! Sladjana was our server that evening and took great care of us!!
    When our big day came I can honestly say it was the best day of my life! Everything went better than I could've ever imagined. The staff was there to constantly make sure everything was on track and flowing smoothly. We were constantly checked on as we were getting ready by my wedding coordinator Tatyana Adams and banquet manager Boryana. I truly felt pampered all day long. There was a wedding before mine that day and Tatyana and Boryana helped facilitate getting the Glam room turned over quickly so me and my girls could get in as soon as possible. The General Manager of the hotel, Indra, even stopped in a few times to make sure everything was going smoothly and that we didn’t need anything. During the reception I was greeted by Suzanne and Gary, who took exceptional care of me and my party throughout the evening. Suzanne even made sure I ate and made me a nice to go box of food to take with me because I hadn’t eaten that much!!! All in all I can’t say enough wonderful things about the staff of the Grand Plaza and how magical my day was!!!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2014

Friendliest, most helpful staff at any Resort on St. Pete Beach. The venue is beautiful. Our wedding coordinator, Katie Shepherd, made everything so easy for us. Even if you think you're the type of bride who won't stress out on your big day, you are, and it makes a world of difference to have a venue with a lot of experience keeping things under control. PS rent the glam room to get ready for your wedding! My girls and I had a blast in there.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Jennifer · Married on 02/15/2014

The service was great! All of the staff bent over backwards to make our day perfect & it was absolutely perfect!! My wedding dress was almost late getting to me on the day of our wedding & our wedding planner Gloria did everything she could to make everything go great!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Ann · Married on 02/08/2014

Gloria was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely
    amazing! I don't know how we could have planned everything without her.
    I was worried about locating vendors in St. Pete as we live in Fl but Gloria
    happily provided me with lists and contacts of everything! My family and friends
    also raved about how organized and caring she was, she really made us feel special an not
    just "another couple". I can honestly say planning every detail about my wedding was
    a breeze and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out!
    Thank you Gloria and The Grand Plaza!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Katie Shepherd walked me through planning of my wedding from the beginning to the end. She made sure everything went smoothly with my ceremony. She always responded quickly with all my questions and requests. I couldn't ask for anyone to be more helpful. I totally recommend to any bride who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2014

My now husband is not the type to just make a decision quickly. He likes to think about his options... He's not a compulsive shopper.. However, when we saw the presidential ballroom on the penthouse level... he couldn't help but say this is where we should get married. This venue made everything prior to the day and everything on the day flow with such ease. You can tell they do this often and this is one of the many reasons we chose them.

My guests were blown away by the view and we got so many compliments on the venue we chose and the professionalism of the staff.

We worked with Jen and she is very easy to get a hold of. I prefer email, and she is very quick to respond to even the smallest question. I would absolutely work with her again!

We chose to go with a buffet, and the food was great! There was so much included in our package that I didn't have to worry about a thing except getting down the aisle and saying my vows.

I loved everything about this place! The atmosphere of a laid back beach hotel is unbeatable. I literally have not one single complaint!!

Sent on 11/27/2013

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! I had my wedding and reception at the Grand Plaza, and I couldn't be more pleased. From the first day of planning to the last, I was 100% satisfied. They are very attentive, professional, and courteous. The ceremony was on the beach, and the reception was in the Presidential Ballroom-which is GORGEOUS! Our rehearsal dinner was at Bongo's Beach Bar, and they provided a wonderful dinner buffet spread. There isn't a thing I would change about my time at the Grand Plaza. WONDERFUL!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Cherish Coddington was the coordinator we worked with and she was amazing. She even put a tv in our ballroom so we could watch the fsu game!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Krystine and Carrie · Married on 10/26/2013

Www.grandplazaflorida.com is the web site. We contacted this venue a couple months before our wedding they did an amazing kid with the set up of our wedding reception and catering! The manager Katie is so friendly, prompt at answering questions, and very professional! We loved out special day and lived our wedding reception! This is the one stop place for everything beautiful ballrooms or smaller intimate rooms with amazing views! Katie and to the other staff at the grand plaza thank I so much for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/18/2013

What can I say about the Grand Plaza that isn't positive? Nothing! We had been working with Gloria Zak for just over a year before our wedding date. She answered every question I had within a timely manner and helped me with everything I needed leading up to my wedding. Gloria is AWESOME!

The food at Grand Plaza is definitely the best around and my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the HUGE portion sizes they served at the plated dinner. We did a food tasting about 9 months before the wedding and everything we tried was so good! You will not be disappointed by the food at all.

The price was the best around, we had researched Gulf Coast vs. East Coast and found this to be the absolute best. There are ALOT of special events held at this hotel, so why not go with someone that can run an event with their eyes closed?! I still cannot believe the value we got for the amount we spent.

I also recommend the rehearsal dinner at Bongos, it was a great way to hang out with family and friends that had traveled great distances to share our day.

All in all, I wouldn't think twice about holding ANY event at the Grand Plaza. I would give it more than 5 stars if I could.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Jodi · Married on 10/13/2013

Words can not express how perfect my wedding was, and this of course is majorly due to having it at the Grand Plaza. It appears from the other reviews on here that you can not go wrong with any catering staff as your coordinator, but if you have the luck of the draw and get paired with KATIE SHEPHERD, then you're in good shape! Katie, was a dream to work with--she was so nice and personable it felt like she was a good friend I just hired to coordinate me wedding. She was extremely responsive and got back to me as soon as she could, even in the rare occasions that it was just to say she got my email and would get back to me as soon as she would be able to.

I always felt like I was in good hands and had someone I knew I could rely to advocate for the best possible wedding ever. She was great with troubleshooting and even helped me try to save money, something you wouldn't expect from even the nicest of wedding vendors.

Katie knew what she was doing, and she did it all very well! Most importantly, I would say, is that she was responsive and flexible, which are the two things I would say you absolutely need to have in a wedding vendor. Unfortunately, I know because this was an issue with another vendor.

Everyone had a GREAT time at me wedding for numerous reasons, and I just can't thank Katie, Gloria, and the ENTIRE Grand Plaza staff enough for that. The desk clerks, the waiters and waitresses, the bellmen, the maids, oh and Kim the waitress at Bongo's who served us quite a few times while we were staying at the Grand Plaza.

While the Grand Plaza's rooms aren't the most modern or cleanest, that shouldn't stop anyone from booking their wedding here. Advice for any brides/grooms booking here: Get one of their suites (not penthouses) to get ready in. Plenty of room.

Anyway, the last thing I will say is, I will hopefully only have one wedding, and I wouldn't change a thing about it!!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Renee · Married on 08/29/2013

The Grand Plaza is the place to go for a wedding on the beach. Fantastic service that goes above and beyond what i was expecting. Cherish Coddington provides the best service a bride could want. Right from the beginning she made sure my day was my day. She is a truly meant to be a wedding planner - she knows her stuff inside and out - what goes good with what, etc. i travelled from canada for my wedding and not once did it cross my mind that i only spoke to Cherish through email and phone calls. I felt like i knew her forever and could hop in my car and drive down the street to meet with her. She was on top of everything. My husband calls the grand plaza the wedding swat team. They moved everyone into position when needed, moved me into place when needed, music was queued perfectly.

I left items with Cherish before the ceremony and she made sure everything was put in place - from the sand ceremony, fans for guests, and my beach wedding sign.

The service at the reception does not even fit on a scale..... It was out of this world. Food was fantastic. I cant remember the name of the catering manager who was there that night but she was excellent. When the meal was served two waiters took my husband and i up to the buffet table and took up our meals for us and brought it back to the table for us. Amazing!!! If you have not gotten married yet you would not appreciate this - but it is quite hard to move around a buffet table in a wedding dress.... Having someone to help you is fantastic!

And barb... There is no way i could write this and not mention barb - the bar tender. Barb was unbelievable! She knew what 37 people where drinking that night and when they approached the bar she asked if they wanted the coos light again. Amazing! Barb also made drinks that ended up being called the groom and the bride. The whole night people where going around with the groom and the bride drinks. We all loved it!

Amazing is all i can say!!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Daniella · Married on 08/09/2013

This is a great place to get married. We had our reception in the Presidential ballroom and it was beautiful. Little decorating was needed as the room was beautiful by itself. The staff was great and service was wonderful. Katie Shepard did such a great job working with us. She was constantly in contact and did everything to make sure our day was just how we wanted it. AND, best view in St Pete Beach, hands down

Sent on 10/23/2013

I had my destination wedding here in June 2013 and it was amazing. It was a hot and sunny day but all of our guests only noticed how beautiful everything was. Our wedding was on a Thursday so the prices were really great. The staff here (especially Jen) went above and beyond to really cater to the bride and groom. There was not one time that I felt stressed about anything at the Grand Plaza for our wedding. They really know how to make the day/evening run smooth. We had our wedding on the beach and then the reception in the downstairs imperial ballroom. It was a perfect place for guests to have the nice air conditioned room just steps away from the beach. We chose all of our vendors from their preferred vendor list and I think that helped make the day go smooth too. No one was coming up and asking us questions about what to do, they all knew exactly how to work with each other without interrupting us or our guests. Beautiful wedding and everything we could've wanted for a beach destination wedding on a small budget.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/21/2013

Who needs to hire an outside wedding planner when you have Katie Shepard at the Grand Plaza? We couldn't have asked for more from our professional, organized, creative, bubbly, and all around adorable wedding planner at the Grand Plaza. Katie was always prompt to respond to my mother and I's many, many e-mails.
    Also, weddings are expensive. Throughout the wedding planner process, I spoke with a couple of vendors who made me feel uncomfortable when it was time to stick to our budget. Not Katie. She went above and beyond to help us get the most for our money.
    The day of the wedding we dropped off a bag of our very limited decor in the Imperial Ballroom where our reception would be held. With the random things we left I wasn't expecting much. The end result was simply amazing, Katie transformed the room.
    I don't want to leave out the rest of the staff, from those working the front desk, to the servers and bartenders, everyone was very friendly and seemed to just be looking for ways to help. There are many things that could go wrong on your wedding day, but if you get married at The Grand Plaza, chances are you will never even know something did, because they will fix it first. Which left us only with the memories of our "perfect" day. Thank You Katie!!!

Sent on 07/09/2013

When we meet Cherish Coddington at the Grand Plaza over a year ago to plan our wedding on 6/20/13, we did not know how lucky we were. Cherish made sure that our wedding was all that we wanted and more. No detail was spared. She went out of her way again and again to make sure things moved swiftly and smoothly all while keeping us calm and happy. In the planning phase there were no strong arm tactics to make us buy things that we didn't want or need. Cherish really knows weddings. We received so many compliments from guest about how beautiful the beach wedding and reception site (Presidential Ballroom) were. We can not express how grateful we are for Cherish and the Grand Plaza.

Sent on 07/20/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2013

We couldn't have chosen a more beautiful location. We originally thought the Grand Plaza was out of our budget, however after talking to Katie at a bridal show, we realized a weekday wedding would work for us and our budget. It went so beautifully. We had gorgeous (if a bit hot lol) weather and the view from the Presidential Ballroom was perfect. The room is so beautiful we didn't need to add much. The staff are so competent and friendly. Everyone from the managers to the wait staff were very sweet and accommodating. They really made things run smooth and come together. Katie Shepard was our coordinator. Thank you, Katie!!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Alex · Married on 06/14/2013

They made our wedding day absolutely perfect! I highly recommend Katie Shepard!

Sent on 06/15/2013