The Grand Plaza Resort Reviews

302 | Saint Petersburg, FL

302 Reviews for The Grand Plaza Resort

Megan · Married on 09/21/2015

We picked out this location over a year ago when we fell in love with the views. Our Wedding Coordinator was Gloria and she was AMAZING. The packages offered were very reasonable and the food was out of this world. Gloria was extremely patient with me and my e-mails for every little question I could think of. Everything was set up perfect, and the professionalism was top notch. She gave us recommendations to local vendors, which we did use one of them for our cake.

Our package we got at the Wedding Expo was if we used them for the reception, they would throw in the ceremony site (the part I fell in love with). The cake was also included in the package we picked out. Gloria if you get to read this thank you so much! Everyone loved the Plaza and both Patrick and myself couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/28/2015

I cannot say enough great things about our wedding planner, Gloria Zak!! She is simply amazing and most definitely an expert at what she does! From the very moment my fiance and I met with her, we knew the Grand Plaza was the place for our beach wedding and the main reason was because of Gloria. She always provided me with prompt answers to my hundreds of questions and always had a solution for any issues or concerns that arose. The wedding day was perfect and magical and everything that my fiance and I wanted it to be. The food was delicious and the banquet room was breath taking. Our reception was held in the Presidential Banquet Hall which is on the 10th floor with beautiful views of the water and the beach. Every single thing about the day was perfect and there is nothing that we would have wanted to change. It was the fairy tale wedding that every girl dreams of having and Gloria flawlessly orchestrated it all. She is nothing short of amazing at her job not to mention a genuinely sweet, thoughtful and caring person. I can promise that you will not be disappointed with having your wedding at this picture perfect venue!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Ali · Married on 08/21/2015

Grand Plaza is THE BEST place for a beach wedding! The venue was beautiful with it's own charm and didn't have the tacky touristy look that turned us away from so many other places (we're Florida natives). Also having the ability to have our hotel block, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception made it super easy for our guests. The price was right in our range and provided us with so much more than we'd even expected. We started working with one planner who left Grand Plaza a few months out from our wedding, but the transition to Tatiana was extremely smooth and it didn't feel at all like we had to reiterate anything we'd planned with the previous planner.

I highly recommend getting the penthouse suite for the bride and her bridesmaids. I originally wanted the "bridal room" for the day of, but having the penthouse for the night before and day of the wedding was amazing. Not to mention the view it provides it sure to calm to pre-wedding jitters!

Sent on 01/09/2016

We live in Illinois and have lots of family in Tampa areas. We visit quite often for them beautiful sunny beaches, we knew we want to get married there. After checking few venues, we were happy to find Grand Plaza. We had lunch at Bongos bar one day and browse around the hotel; we are amazed with how friendly and helpful those staffs are at Grand Plaza. We decided to call the wedding coordinator and meet Tatyanna next day. She walked us through every single details to plan our wedding at Grand. Finding a beautiful venue and convenient vendors at Grand are a big steps to get us closer to our dream wedding. Tatyanna is always good at keeping in touch and giving clear information on wedding planning. Our speacial day came quick and went by fast but our great adventure is happening with a lots of good memories that we have at Grand Plaza and Tatyanna!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Tatyana from the Grand Plaza helped to make my wedding absolutely spectacular! She always promptly responded to emails and calls, as I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and had a destination wedding. The entire wedding went smoothly and the ceremony/reception looked phenomenal. We had a small wedding I'm the Presidential Ballroom and the staff was amazing.  I would recommend the Grand Plaza and Tatyana as your wedding coordinator to anyone lucky enough to have your wedding I'm St.Pete Florida!!

Sent on 07/11/2015

David · Married on 06/12/2015

My wife and I took a tour of the different ballrooms they provide at the Grand Plaza. We booked the Presidential ballroom. It's on the 10th floor and there lots of windows overlooking the beautiful beach. We worked with Amy. She was really great and made wedding planning easy.

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/08/2015

I had my wedding here on 6/8/15 and it was absolutely amazing! Amy was a real pleasure and everyone loved it! Presidental for reception was amazing!! The view, food , I could go on and on. There is no better or easier place for wedding or reception, then the Grand Plaza:) also, book glamour room to get ready in!! So much fun!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Working with Amy has made the wedding planning a breeze so far! It's been a pleasure working with her, I can't wait till the big day!!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Victoria · Married on 05/15/2015

More then what we expected. The Grand Plaza Resort is so amazing and beautiful the views are priceless. Tatyana was our coordinator she is amazing. We worked with her over the phone through the planning process. We had our ceremony down on the beach and our reception was up stairs in the presidential ballroom. The views where amazing and I think I have to say it is the best place in town to get married. The food was amazing and the staff is so friendly and where on top of everything making my husband and I and our guest feel special. Barbra was our bartender I had saw some reviews on her to so I asked Tatyana if we could have her as our bartender and when we got her she is amazing. She made sure my husband and I where always taken care of and also my guest. Everyone at the grand where amazing. Thank you to Tatyana and Barbra and the rest of the staff at the grand plaza for making our day better then we had planned. I would not change anything it was the most amazing day of our life's.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Julie · Married on 04/26/2015

We had the most wonderful wedding at the Grand Plaza! Everything was perfect and we are so happy we chose the Grand Plaza for our special day.
    Working with Amy Hinman was an absolute pleasure and took a lot of anxiety out of planning our wedding from out of country. She helped us along the way to achieve our dream wedding, gave us great input from all her experience and was very responsive. She replied to emails quickly and called me when I asked her to. She also recommended vendors and provided answers to each and every question I had.
    The view from the Presidential ballroom was breathtaking and the whole setup was beautiful. The staff treated us like royalty and made sure we were having the best day of our lives. Their service level was outstanding, all our guests loved the experience and the food was amazing. Many of our guests are still raving about the amazing venue, food, staff, location and overall experience today. We could not have asked for more! Highly recommend Grand Plaza for a beautiful beach wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Christine · Married on 03/14/2015

First let start by saying that Tatyana was simply amazing! The whole reception went off without a hitch and the food was incredible. If you are looking for a place to get married I would go to the Grand plaza but I would not stay at the hotel. You're better off having your guests stay at the hotel next door.

Sent on 03/16/2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my experience booking The Grand Plaza on St. Pete Beach as my wedding reception venue was. The downstairs "Imperial Ballroom" was a must from the second I saw it. It has gorgeous chandeliers, beautiful French doors on three sides, and is bright and charming. It opens to an outdoor terrace with furniture that is provided giving the perfect balance of indoor and outdoor beach theme (just in case the unpredictable Florida weather should take a turn for the worst. I was not willing to take chances on such an important day. Also, I loved that there was the onsite Bar and Grille downstairs literally on the sand so we used it as the perfect (and safe for our guests) after party location. My planner, Tatyana, was amazing and was very professional and friendly. She responded as though I was her only client via email and telephone. Excellent experience! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Amber · Married on 02/14/2015

I highly recommend the Grand Plaza! We started planning our wedding a year in advance, and Katie was our wedding coordinator at the time. She was amazing with answering questions and was so accommodating. She did have to change us halfway through the year to a new coordinator due to having a baby. I was pretty nervous about that, but it could not have been smoother. Amy picked up right where Katie left off and we got along really well. Amy had called us the week before to finalize details and was very good about keeping me calm because it was all in order. The day of the wedding was so amazing, and nothing could have went any better. All of the staff there were so nice and treated us like we were royalty. I could not have envisioned a more beautiful ceremony site with the palm trees lining the aisle. The Presidential Ballroom was gorgeous as well, especially during cocktail hour with the sun setting over the ocean. The view from the floor-to-ceiling windows was breathtaking. All of our guests loved the food and were so pleased with the venue. We could not have picked a better place to get married!

Sent on 02/18/2015

I worked with Katie and Amy at the Grand Plaza, both were great. I highly recommend this location for your wedding/reception. They are very professional and will go out of their way to make your day flawless. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 02/19/2015
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 01/19/2015

Amazing is how I would explain my experience with Amy and the staff at Grand Plaza. From the planning process till the evening of the wedding everyone was so pleasant to deal with. The food was amazing and so many choices to help with the cost of trying to stay in a budget. This venue was beautiful and helped us throw an event that will be remembered by us and our loved ones for years.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Daniel · Married on 01/18/2015

My wedding was amazing at Grand Plaza. Gloria made sure that everything went exactly as planned. All my guest had a wonderful time. The view in the presidential room was gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a wedding venue. The staff was friendly and helpful!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Jocelyn · Married on 12/05/2014

I worked with Tatyana and she was the greatest wedding planner I could imagine! We took a very untraditional approach to our wedding and Tatyana was able to put together a package specifically for our needs that went above and beyond what we could have imagined! Everything that needed to be handled by Tatyana was taken care of before hand and the end results were better than we even imagined. On wedding day, she was responsive, present and happy to assist! She catered to whatever needs we had. The staff was friendly and happy to be apart of the biggest day of our lives! I would recommend this venue not only because the packages are complete and make planning SUPER EASY but also because they are accommodating and attentive to your needs! Thank you Tatyana for an amazing wedding day!! :)

Sent on 03/21/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/22/2014

My husband and I envisioned a beautiful sunset wedding on the beach and The Grand Plaza was the perfect location for this. We worked closely with Gloria Zak to plan all aspects of our wedding, we were truly blown away with Gloria's professionalism and promptness in communicating with us. I was 100% confident the day of our wedding that the reception hall and ceremony site would be set up as we envisioned, my husband and I were not disappointed. All of the staff at The Grand Plaza were extremely helpful and eager to serve us. We had approximately 30 hotel rooms occupied by our guests and many of our out of state visitors were amazed at the cleanliness and elegance The Grand Plaza provided, We hosted a breakfast the day after the wedding at the Palm Room and it was the perfect place to extend what was already a great event.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Leah · Married on 11/07/2014

Katie was wonderful to work with during most of the wedding planning! Unfortunately she was not available the day of our wedding to assist. They didn't disappoint though with our new coordinator Amy. They both were always more than willing to answer any of our questions and made planning our beach wedding as easy as possible! The staff for our reception were awesome. They went above and beyond our expectations and we would highly recommend them! We are from St. Pete Florida and always dreamed of being married here and everything was above amazing!
    Leah and Jon

Sent on 11/13/2014

Jess · Married on 10/16/2014

Katie was wonderful to work with! She was always more than willing to answer any of our questions and made planning our destination wedding as easy as possible! The staff for our reception were awesome. They went above and beyond our expectations and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Nigel · Married on 08/25/2014

Living in the UK it was always going to be a challenge trying to organise everything for our big day. We held our reception at the Grand Plaza and Tatyana was fantastic helping with the planning and organisation through both e-mail and phone calls, nothing was too much trouble, great customer service. Although we were only a small party every courtesy was afforded to us on the night. The evening went exceptionally well, the meal was superb and a big thank you to Bill who was in charge on the night.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Patti · Married on 08/22/2014

My husband and I were married Aug 22nd 2014 at The Grand Plaza resort. I highly recommend The Grand Plaza Resort. We had our reception in the Presidential Suite.
    The Grand Plaza Resort has packages to fit all your needs to have an absolutely amazing wedding and reception. Amy was our wedding coordinator who did a fantastic job to make sure everything ran smooth for our special day.
    The whole staff at The Grand Plaza Resort are just amazing and so helpful.
    We ending up getting the glamour room which was the best thing we had done. It made it so easy for the hair and makeup artist setting up and for us girls to get ready.
    Only recommendation is for a room for the guys to hang out and get ready.
    All my guest absolutely loved the food, the venue and the view is spectacular.
    Thank you Grand Plaza Resort for making our day so special.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Richard · Married on 07/12/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner at Bongo's which is the beach front restaurant at the Grand Plaza. They were so easy to work with and very affordable. The food was great!!!!!!! We couldn't have asked for a better vibe for our rehearsal dinner - they set us up right on the beach, a band was playing and the service was great. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Dru · Married on 07/11/2014

I am just returning from my destination wedding at the Grand Plaza, and all I keep thinking about is how absolutely perfect my wedding was. From the ceremony on the beach under the palm trees, to the reception with sunset views, this is a really great place. I was lucky enough to have Tatyana as my wedding coordinator, and her expertise and calm demeanor were priceless. Tatyana was delightful to work with, as was the rest of the staff, and I never worried that things would run smoothly...she is a true gem. All of our guests were from out of town, all stayed at the hotel, and everyone had a fabulous time. My sincere thanks to Tatyana and the rest of the Grand Plaza staff! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Erin · Married on 06/15/2014

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! Katie was our wedding coordinator and she did the best job with everything from our guests to our ceremony to our reception. She was so easy to work with and went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend Katie and the Grand Plaza for a beach wedding!

Sent on 06/28/2014