The Grand Hotel Cape May Reviews

The Grand Hotel Cape May 4
  • Maria

Maria Andrews · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Cape May Wedding

My husband & I got married at the Grand in May. I couldn't ask for a more perfect day and it was mainly because of Katlyn. Katlyn was the biggest help in planning for my wedding. She was always there when I needed her. The Grand Hotel Penthouse Ballroom has the most amazing views of the beach. I would recommend the Grand to anyone who was envisioning their fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Chelsie

Chelsie Houghton · Married on 07/14/2019

Wonderful Wedding Day!

The Grand Hotel is a dream venue for a wedding. The views from the sundeck and ballroom are stunning. The best part of the Grand however is hands down Katlyn and her team. From the moment we toured the Grand from our wedding day she put me at ease and made us feel like family. Katlyn goes above and beyond for her brides (and grooms!) and never failed to answer any of our many questions/address any concerns we had. I don't think a single thing went wrong on our wedding day and we couldn't have done it without her! Our guests were also raving about how delicious all the food was, as well as the decorating skills! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much!

David and Chelsie Houghton

Sent on 07/19/2019
    The Grand Hotel Cape May 5
    The Grand Hotel Cape May 6

Theresa Harris · Married on 06/14/2019

World's Greatest Wedding Planner

The Grand has the world's best wedding planner! Katlyn is nothing short of amazing! She is friendly, happy and responds immediately to any questions. Katlyn helped make my daughter's wedding beautiful and flawless.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Anna

Anna Mccallion · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing!

We couldn't be happier with the decision to have our wedding reception at The Grand Hotel. It's a beautiful venue, both inside, as well as outside, with the breathtaking views of the Atlantic ocean from the 5th floor ballroom. From the early planning stages through the reception, the staff was so accommodating, friendly, and efficient. Every detail and special request was noted and executed perfectly. The food was fantastic and the presentation was great. Everyone LOVED the cheesesteak station at the afterparty downstairs at Hemingways. Leading up to the wedding day, we had complete trust in Katlyn and her team. They really made sure that the day was exactly how we had imagined. We would definitely recommend The Grand for any couple looking to get married in Cape May.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Ashley Fetzer · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful View-Inside and Outside

One of our top priorities for our wedding was to have it in Cape May! But having our wedding at the Grand Hotel made this beautiful beach location even more special than we could have ever imagined. The view of the ocean from the banquet hall is breathtaking, no matter what the weather is. Also Katlyn, the wedding planner, welcomed us with open arms right when we met her! Her support lasted all the way through the big day. All the food was amazing and they really took into account any notes we had from the tasting. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone who wants an outdoor ceremony option, a venue close to the beach, and a trustworthy team behind you! We could not have asked for a more perfect venue.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Lola Xu · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Venue for Wedding

We had our wedding in September in the Grand Hotel. The ceremony was on the beach, cocktail hour and dinner reception in Grand Hotel 5th floor ballroom. Everything was perfect. Katlyn and Danielle made the day extremely smooth and easy for us. We didn't need to worry about anything. We cannot express our gratitude enough for both of them. Thank you!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Shannon · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my wedding at The Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ so bear with me on this long post! Katlyn Mogavero, the day of coordinator, is truly AMAZING at her job! From the first meeting with her months before our wedding she had our full trust! Her energetic and positive personality had us so excited about our big day that we were 100% confident it would be the best day ever and it really really was! Katlyn was extremely responsive to our many many emails, phone calls, and requests for meetings not to mention being available whenever we had the slightest question or concern. I don’t pride myself at being the best at decorations or having an eye for design but Katlyn was able to guide me along the way with picking linens and napkins and when it came to the big day she blew me away with the way she was able to decorate the room - it was everything I wanted and more! I have been to many weddings at gorgeous venues where the food was lacking, however this was NOT the case at The Grand! At our tasting we really couldn’t believe how delicious everything tasted and the day of was just as good! All of our guests raved about their meals and hor’ devours and the staff (which were so kind and attentive to myself and our guests) made sure my husband and I went home full which I know is a rarity for a bride and groom! We were lucky enough to have incredible weather the day of which made for fantastic pictures of our ceremony on the sundeck, but with the inside of the venue looking as incredible as it was I think it would have been beautiful to have the ceremony inside as well. I just want to end with thanking Katlyn and the rest of the staff at The Grand Hotel again! I’d highly highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect seashore wedding - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    The Grand Hotel Cape May 7

Amanda · Married on 08/10/2018

Our wedding was more beautiful than I could’ve imagined. Katlyn was absolutely wonderful. We are still having people reach out to us to tell us it was the best wedding they’ve ever attended! Thank you Grand!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Laura · Married on 07/27/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! Katlyn, the wedding coordinator, was by our side guiding us every step of the way. Her friendly personality and attention to detail put us at ease and ensured that our wedding was everything we dreamed of (and more!). Our guests enjoyed every aspect starting with the ceremony on the sundeck, to the cocktail hour drinks and hors d'oeuvres, all the way to the delicious dinner and dancing. Danielle, Katlyn's assistant, also helped the wedding day run smoothly and was there to answer any questions we had throughout the night. Lastly, the event staff was extremely professional and helped to oversee the details of the reception so we could sit back and enjoy our night. We would 100% recommend this venue to anyone searching for the perfect spot to host their dream beach wedding!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Erin · Married on 07/20/2018

The Grand Hotel's Certified Professional Wedding Planner, Katelyn, and her Assistant, Danielle, are super professional. I knew nothing going into this and Katelyn patiently walked me through it every step of the way. Katelyn also quickly responds to every e-mail or phone call. The Grand Hotel's staff, from the front desk staff, to the wait staff, to the housekeeping staff, are truly exceptional. What I liked best about The Grand Hotel was how honest Katelyn was with the pricing. We looked at many venues in Cape May and I cannot tell you how often I was told, "Well, we can discuss that if you choose to do that." Who wants to enter a venue contract not knowing exactly what you're paying for? This is not the case with The Grand Hotel. And the food! I got married about two weeks ago and my friends and family are still raving about the food! I didn't share how much I spent because there are different packages. I went with the Platinum package on a Friday night and I felt that it was money well spent. I felt that our wedding wasn't cheap, but we didn't go overboard either. You can overboard if you wish with all the extras that are available. Your wedding is such a huge celebration and a memory that you will always remember and I'm so grateful to Katelyn, Danielle, and the rest of The Grand Hotel staff for doing a superior job.

Sent on 08/06/2018

James · Married on 07/07/2018

We had our wedding at the Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ, on July 7, 2018. We did our site visit a few months prior and knew the venue was special. We met with Katlyn, whose personality won us over immediately. Both her knowledge and experience were definitely comforting for two people who weren’t sure what to expect from the wedding planning process. We loved the whole package deal: with food, drink, and venue covered in one cost, it required fewer details for us to manage – definitely a good thing, considering everything else that needs attending to. As soon as we entered the 5th floor ballroom, we knew we had found the right venue. It’s very spacious, with gorgeous views to boot! We were extremely fortunate that the weather cleared and we were able to do the outdoor ceremony on the sun deck. Friends and family loved the cocktail hour and hors d’oerves, and the dinner itself blew everyone away. The food was exceptional! Many of our guests said that it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. The salmon and prime rib were particularly delicious.

Katlyn is very experienced and is extremely easy to work with. She was available for our questions and was quick to respond, which is amazing considering how busy she is. Thankfully, she kept tabs on us and worked with us on our schedule, as we responded to her questions one by one, slowly knocking down the list of items that needed to be addressed before the big day. Working with Katlyn was like working with a friend. Our big day was absolutely wonderful, and it never would have happened without Katlyn.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jillian · Married on 06/21/2018

We just had our wedding here in June, and it turned out to be exactly what we had wanted. We just wanted a simple laid-back beach wedding and that is exactly what Katlyn had given us. She made the whole wedding planning process so easy and much less stressful than what I had thought it was going to be. The food was amazing and people are still talking about how much fun they had and how nice everything was. Katlyn always responded back to me right away with any questions I had and even sent her assistant, Danielle, to city hall to be our witness for our marriage certificate. Katlyn and her team definitely know what they are doing when it come to planning events. Thanks again everyone at the Grand Hotel for making our day so special.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kristy · Married on 05/18/2018

My husband and I got married at the Grand on May 5, 2018. Katlyn, Danielle, and the entire team were an absolute pleasure to work with! They turned our dreams into a reality and created a wedding celebration for us that our friends and family will be talking about for years to come! The food was absolutely AMAZING and the atmosphere was even better. I cannot say enough good things about how our wedding went- from the planning, to the week of last minute prep, to the day of, and even the days following, Katlyn handled absolutely EVERYTHING and made my life as a bride so easy! We’re so happy that we made the decision to choose The Grand as our wedding venue and we highly recommend anyone who is looking for a destination wedding close to home to consider it. You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    The Grand Hotel Cape May 8

Alexander · Married on 10/06/2017

Dream Come True

My husband and I got married June 2017 at the Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ (I know… late review, life’s been busy lol). Anyhoo, our wedding planner Katlyn was the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!! She was patient, accommodating and made us feel at ease. Everything was set up beautifully and we had the time of our lives. Since childhood, I always traveled to the Jersey Shore and it was an absolute dream come true to get married there. Thank you, Katlyn and The Grand #AlexanderSeaOfLove

Sent on 05/24/2019

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

We had an excellent experience from start to finish. Katlyn and Katie were efficient and helpful and right there for us when we needed them. When we had a food allergy guest, the kitchen gladly made her a new meal just for her to accommodate without question. Katlyn stayed past the time frame of the wedding to make sure we were taken care of and was there the next day to ensure we had a great time. The hotel was very clean and roomy

Sent on 09/07/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2017

Our dream was a small, intimate, low-key wedding at the Jersey shore, that we didn’t have to work too hard to plan. The Grand Hotel was the perfect choice. KATLYN, their on-site wedding coordinator sold us immediately on the Grand Hotel. She listened very closely to what we wanted, and was full of ideas on how to execute our vision. The October before our July 2017 wedding, she organized a tasting event where we found all of our vendors! Every question we had, she answered right away. She collected all of our vendor info and executed the entire day flawlessly!

The Grand Ballroom is on the top floor of the hotel, with 3 sides of the room looking out on to the Ocean! It’s clean and beautiful! We got married on the beach (the Grand set up our ceremony), but they also have a gorgeous deck over looking the ocean. If it rains, you have the ballroom with Ocean views. They were very accommodating with our special requests and dietary concerns (vegan, gluten-free, nut allergies). The food was delicious, service amazing! And our family had a great time staying at the hotel that weekend! The staff was very accommodating and the facilities are beautiful. There are not enough positive things that I can say about our Wedding at the Grand! Thank you Katlyn for making our dream wedding come true! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/25/2017

The Grand was AMAZING!!! We live in Pittsburgh and it was no problem. Katelyn rocks! If you are looking to have a wedding in cape may look no where else.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Victoria · Married on 06/03/2017

I couldn’t have made a better decision in choosing our wedding venue. It was an easy decision for me as my parents had their wedding reception there 38 years prior so The Grand held a special place in our hearts from the start. However, had they not been married there, I still would’ve chosen The Grand. I was born in raised in Cape May and love everything about the town. The Grand is the only place in Cape May that seats over 200 people with a view of the ocean from the room where the reception is held. The view from the Grand Ballroom is absolutely beautiful and you can see the ocean from every angle. We got married June 3rd and started planning about a year in advance. Katlyn Mogavero is absolutely AMAZING. She is friendly, professional, charismatic, and incredibly sweet! I was a relatively laid back bride so we didn’t have a ton of unnecessary communication in the months leading up to the wedding but I imagine that had I been more hands on, she would’ve been there to assist in any way she could. About a month before the wedding I started realizing that there were several details I had yet to figure out and started reaching out to Katlyn constantly. She was always there to help with my decisions and offer advice. The day before the wedding, when I realized I still hadn’t printed out signs for our drink specials, memory table, etc. —she offered to design and print them for me on card stock saving me time, aggravation and last minute stress. She was not only our “wedding planner” but a friend throughout the entire process. She really felt like a part of the family and besides being amazing at her job, she’s so much fun to be around and made the process that much better just by being herself. Everything at the Grand was executed with perfection. Our guests raved about the food and the view!! There was not one single hiccup and we could not have picked a better location for our special day. We love the Grand and Katlyn and will certainly keep coming

Sent on 07/05/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/02/2017

Ladies and gentlemen, if you're planning a wedding in South Jersey, look no further!! I'll be honest: upon our initial research, the Grand Hotel was at the bottom of our venue choices, since we originally wanted our wedding in Avalon. However, the moment we met Katlyn and saw their BEAUTIFUL fifth floor ballroom, we knew instantly that the Grand was going to be our wedding venue! We fell in love with the cocktail and reception areas that boasted 180 degree views of the ocean. The ballroom was spacious enough for a large group of people, but also intimate where everyone could feel together. Our guest count was 130 people, but I could see them adding a lot more guests into the room comfortably. We had a sit down dinner (which Katlyn recommended), after party tacos & pretzels in Hemingways, as well as a day after breakfast (we love feeding our guests!!). Everything was so fresh & so delicious.

Upon our first meeting, Katlyn greeted us with a warm smile and answered all of our questions with confidence. There was no "I'll have to get back to you" or "I'll check with so and so". She was an absolute godsend and helped us feel at ease. Her passion in wedding coordinating truly reflects her amazing organizational skills and promptness. She was patient, insightful and never pushy when I asked for advice. We worked on every little detail together to make sure it was the wedding of our dreams, and it truly was! She made what could've been a stressful process into something incredibly fun & enjoyable. I'll be forever grateful for that.

Included in our package were two free nights in their townhouse suite (one night for rehearsal dinner and the other for the wedding night). The rooms were recently remodeled and we loved the vintage details they maintained throughout. My husband loved how the hotel was built around a WWII tower. Cape May is such a beautiful town and the Grand Hotel is no exception.

In conclusion: HIRE THEM!! You won't regret it =)

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/20/2017

Where do I begin? From the day we first met her at the Grand, I knew Katlyn was the one to plan our wedding. She is an expert at her craft and sees every detail through to perfection. We were in the Penthouse ballroom for our reception, and everything went flawlessly. She goes through every detail well in advance of the wedding to make sure everything is set, and on the day of runs the show like a true professional. We were in such good hands, and I could not thank Katlyn enough. Her experience in selecting the final details (linens, etc) for the big day go such a long way in taking the pressure off you as a bride in those last few weeks. You are making a great choice in choosing the Grand.

The Grand was also so flexible in catering the day and accommodated our asks. My husband loves cookie ice cream sandwiches and we wanted them to be a part of the wedding, so the Grand created a serve-to-order station as part of our dessert course. It was a hit with our guests and so much fun to enjoy. We also used the Cape May Sweet Treats dessert option as our favor - and the chocolate strawberries FLEW off the table.

I knew it was a great wedding when the house lights came on and the staff started to clean up and all our guests stayed to still enjoy the Penthouse for a bit before heading down to the afterparty at Hemingways. We loved heading right downstairs to keep the party going (DJ on site on Saturdays!)...then head right on upstairs to sleep it off! My in-laws hosted a buffet breakfast for all our guests the next morning. Katlyn made sure all our flowers from the reception made their way to the breakfast, so it was just as beautiful!

Our wedding was the most amazing weekend. Thank you to Katlyn and everyone at the Grand for making it so!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2017

The Grand Hotel Cape May is absolutely gorgeous and the staff including the coordinator, Katlyn Mogavero, are so kind and helpful. Katlyn helped me throughout the whole process of planning our wedding! We would recommend anyone that wants a beach wedding to look into The Grand!!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Erin · Married on 10/14/2016

I can't say enough great things about The Grand Hotel and Katlyn Mogavaro!! My husband and I were planning our wedding from about 3 hours away in Baltimore. Katlyn was amazing. She sent us pages upon pages of vendor recommendations. She was responsive to every call or email I sent. Katlyn was upbeat and happy every time we met with her (even when she was sick). We had a problem with our babysitter not showing up...Katlyn had food and dessert sent to the room for my aunts to eat. The staff was friendly and kind and did everything they could to make it a great stay. We had a hospitality room (one of the rooms near the pool that we reserved at our hotel rate) for Thursday and Friday (Friday night wedding). It was great to have a place to hang out with family and friends without disturbing anyone after the rehearsal dinner and wedding.
    5 stars is not nearly enough!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Dani · Married on 10/01/2016

My wedding was in this hotel and it was the best choice I have ever made!!!!!!!!!! Everything was brilliant. The food, the staff, the suite, the wedding planner, the menus, the vendors, the dj, the decor...etc etc. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we could re live this day. The after party down at the bar was also fabulous!!!!!!!!!! 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be back just to party!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is BRILLIANT place to have your wedding. Love you Katlyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Crystal · Married on 05/29/2016

This venue is absolutely perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married at in May. They handled absolutely everything for us, I had zero worry! It was very well organized, the food was delicious & the space/view were amazing. Katelyn was amazing & so helpful! All the staff there were very helpful & willing to help out in any way! I'd recommend this place a million times!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

My husband and I can't say enough about great our wedding was at the Grand Hotel in Cape May, NJ! Our celebration suite was incredible overlooking the pool and the ocean every morning. The hotel staff was gracious and very accommodating to all our guests! Memorial Day weekend at the tiki bar pool at the Grand was better then we could have imagined! The indoor pool and hot tub and arcade was a great option for our younger guests as well as our elderly guests! Katlyn made wedding planning fun and exciting all year. She always accommodated our every request as well as my parents. The 5th floor ballroom venue has views that can't be beat!!! Our guests couldn't stop raving about the excellent steak and salmon for dinner and the incredible apps for cocktails hour! The Grand made our fairytale come true in every way possible. THANK YOU FOR THE BEST WEEKEND OF OUR LIVES!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016