The George Washington Hotel Reviews

The George Washington Hotel 7
  • Pat

Pat · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome Venue & Service!

My daughter had her wedding at The George Washington Hotel in May 2019 and we could not have been happier! First of all, the venue itself is gorgeous with its vintage charm, two story ballroom, beautiful chandeliers, balconies, and hardwood floors. My guests that had booked overnight accommodations loved the history. How cool is it to stay in a room where The Beatles or Marilyn Monroe stayed? Those that stayed at the hotel loved just having to go downstairs for the ceremony and reception and not having to drive after. We even had an after party in the bar downstairs.

But what was really impressive was the staff and the service they provided! They all went above and beyond to make our day perfect! One of the best things about using this venue is that we didn't have to do much at all! They did all the food in-house and alcohol, set-up and clean-up (including cake-cutting and cookie table for no extra charges), and provided linens, chair covers, and offered many decorations with no additional cost.

Lia, the Director of Events, always answered my random texts within minutes and was super easy to talk to and always eager to help! Since my daughter also held her ceremony there, Lia coordinated all the timing of the events which went off without a hitch. So many guests complimented how smoothly things ran and were very impressed that they never had to wait for cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and dinner that immediately followed. Lia not only was open to any of our unique ideas, but also offered many great ones herself. And, dinner was amazing! I was a little concerned since we selected a lower priced menu; however, sooo many guests loved the chicken, the beef, and the vegetarian option! Everyone was very impressed how Chef Jimme could make 181 great meals! The other staff members were impressive as well. Felicia, who set everything up in the ballroom, did a fabulous job with our cookie table! We never had to worry about cookies being replenished, the gift box full of money, or even cleaning up all our breakable items. Similarly, every person I spoke with at the GW is super friendly and helpful. Tim from the front desk is the friendliest person ever and Brooke, who I made financial arrangements with, was super helpful as well. Another person who went above and beyond was Tyler, owner of Tylermade, who sometimes helps at the hotel. When we were struggling doing our own lighting, he gladly stepped in to help & even got up on a ladder and arranged flowers on the mantle for us!

Obviously, I can’t say enough about this amazing wedding venue! Numerous guests told us it was the best wedding ever! I would highly recommend the George Washington because of the beautiful venue, excellent food, and awesome service!

Sent on 06/16/2019
    The George Washington Hotel 8
    The George Washington Hotel 9
    The George Washington Hotel 10
    The George Washington Hotel 11
    The George Washington Hotel 12
    The George Washington Hotel 13

Ranae · Married on 09/15/2018

We honestly could not have asked for more for our day. Chris was wonderful, flexible with any changes and constantly responsive whenever I would contact him day or night. What we loved the most and fell in love with right away was the uniqueness of the hotel and the history behind it. The character of the ballroom said enough and we barely needed to do any additional decorating. The entire staff was pleasant and so accommodating. They opened the bar for an after party so our guests didn’t have to leave the hotel. We had an absolute blast! Wouldn’t have changed a single thing.

Sent on 09/29/2018
    The George Washington Hotel 14
    The George Washington Hotel 15

Estie · Married on 07/21/2018

All-in-one venue with excellent service

We used the George Washington Hotel for the whole weekend since over 50% of our guests were from out of town. On Friday night, we held our rehearsal dinner there in the Pioneer Room; on Saturday, we had our ceremony in the Washington Room, cocktail hour in the lobby, and the reception in the ballroom; and on Sunday we did a farewell brunch for our out of town guests back in the Pioneer Room. The food was excellent at every meal. One of the best things about using this venue is that we didn't have to worry about very much at all! They do all the food in-house, they do set-up and clean-up, and they provide linens, chair covers, and offer many decorations with no additional cost. Everything looked beautiful and we had a fantastic day. And this is almost all attributable to Chris, the wedding coordinator there. He worked his tail off for us. He was always available through phone, text, or email to answer any questions and offer suggestions. At the rehearsal dinner, he even bar-tended! He really took care of us, and I don't think we went home at all that weekend!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Glennis · Married on 04/21/2018

The George Washington Hotel was the best decision my husband and I made when planning our wedding!! We had our cocktail hour, reception, after party and morning after breakfast at the hotel and are still reminiscing (along with our families!) at how wonderful everything was!! Chris and his team were absolutely FANTASTIC to work with. Chris was so attentive to our needs during the entire process and completely exceeded our expectations. Courtney was so great to work with as well and had great attention to detail! We never had to hesitate in asking - anything we wanted/needed - Chris, Courtney and their staff made it their priority to make it happen. The food at every stage of our reception was EXCEPTIONAL and we are still receiving compliments from our guests! The chefs at the hotel are extremely knowledgeable and gave us great advice on selecting food at our tasting. Additional to the amazing staff, what makes The George Washington so amazing for a wedding venue is its classic décor and unique history. You really feel like you took a step back in time and the rooms are so beautiful that you really don't require much decoration. There are so many fantastic areas to take pictures - our photos turned out so gorgeous! Thank you again Chris, Courtney and The George Washington staff for making our wedding everything we dreamed of! :-)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Breanna · Married on 02/24/2018

Honestly, could not have asked for a better venue. We had the event planner change just about a month before the wedding and I was a little nervous. Chris did an amazing job. He was helpful, flexible and accommodating. The day of the wedding was phenomenal. Tim and Chris as a team could not have been better. Not only is the staff perfection including wait staff, bartenders, and housekeeping, but the hotel is gorgeous if you like a vintage feel. The owner even introduced himself. It feels nothing like one of these chain hotels, cold and sterile, but warm and inviting. I felt like everyone there wanted things to be perfect, really more than I did.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/09/2017

I had my wedding 9.9.17. I can not say enough great things about this venue and Brad and his team. The food, details, set up, cake cutting, everything was a seamless process. Brad did a great job making sure everything was taken care of personally. He definitely made my job as the bride easier, because after meeting him the first time I just knew he would do a great job. People raved about the food and many said that this was the best wedding they have ever been to. We had crab cakes, coconut shrimp, chicken cordon bleu, and the beef tenderloin. The unique hotel venue is gorgeous. Just add some beautiful flowers and candles and it will look gorgeous. If you are looking to have a wedding soon I would ABSOLUTELY check this place out!!! Thanks Brad for a wonderful day!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2017
    The George Washington Hotel 20
    The George Washington Hotel 21
    The George Washington Hotel 22

James · Married on 06/17/2017

This hotel was astounding. We couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful to make our day special. Brad was incredible to work with - always replying to any questions within a few hours at most and thinking of everything, even tons of small details we hadn't considered. We said to each other all night that we didn't pay nearly enough for the amazing reception that we got - the presentation, the food, the service was all perfect. I would never have expected my wedding day to be as beautiful as it was, but the George Washington made it happen. And the suites we and our friends had for the night were equally as impressive. You will not be disappointed with this venue.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Brianna · Married on 10/29/2016

The George Washington is a beautiful hotel and venue and I has so many guests tell me how great the reception looked. The ballroom went perfect with my gold and burgundy fall color scheme. Also, the staff was very accommodating and Claire, the coordinator was awesome! She was very responsible and helpful with all our questions and she was very flexible with our requests. She really helped make the day perfect. The food is also delicious and the bartenders were very nice and personable. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Tyler · Married on 10/28/2016

Our wedding at The George Washington Hotel was absolutely incredible. Claire couldn't have made it any easier or better for us either! She was always answering questions no matter how simple or what time of day she always had an answer for us and truly made this day as stress and care free as a wedding can possibly be. Thanks to the amazing chef Scott, The food was the best wedding food we've ever had. We had Steak and Salmon which were both perfect as well as the sides we chose. The wait staff was incredible as well, they were always smiling, very polite and also very helpful to us and all of our guests. I can't begin to guess how many compliments we got on the hotel itself as well which is truly a beautiful and well kept hotel. To top the night off the room we stayed in was truly a Presidential suite and couldn't have been better. All in all, everything at The George Washington Hotel from Claire, to the wait staff, to the chef and food truly made our wedding an unforgettable night not only to us but to all of our guests as well.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2016

We were so thrilled with how our big day turned out. The hotel is so gorgeous, the food was delicious and Claire was great! She was responsive, helpful, provided excellent suggestions and made our wedding go as smoothly as possible. It was very clear to us how hard she works and we appreciated her efforts. Seriously, our wedding day was perfect - and we felt that they were very reasonably priced!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

Our wedding was the best day of our lives! We could not have asked for a better staff; Claire was amazing and was very flexible and easy to work with. The George Washington Hotel is a hidden gem in southwestern Pennsylvania.
    If you are comparing the George Washington to somewhere else, look no further! We almost didn't consider this venue because we thought it was out of our budget, but it ended up being one of the most affordable places around. The George Washington has great charm, elegant character, and is very unique compared to other hotel venues. We 100% recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2016

I love this venue and brad jox is amazing he has been very helpful and acomidateing

Sent on 02/20/2015

Kelli · Married on 09/20/2014

The George Washington Hotel was perfect for our wedding. After working in the wedding business for years I wanted something unique and inclusive. I found the George Washington at a bridal show and was instantly hooked just from the photos they displayed. When I visited in person, it was more beautiful than the pictures even seemed!

Brad, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful through the whole process. He got back to any question I had within a day, if not hours. He was patient and enthusiastic even when our meetings went on for hours. The package was inclusive so all I had to worry about was finding a DJ, photographer, and florist.

Our wedding day went off perfectly and was more beautiful than I could have even hoped for. All of the staff went above and beyond to make sure our guests and our families were treated wonderfully. The whole bridal party and most of our immediate families stayed over night and everyone was pleased with the accommodations. My husband and I loved the JFK suite! Me and my bridal party got ready there during the day and had a ton of room to spread out.

I would highly recommend the George Washington for a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/17/2014

This venue is an absolute hidden gem! We were blown away at the beauty, charm and historical aspects of this hotel. Brad Jox, the event manager, was wonderful to work with! He is so professional and talented in his job and will make sure everything goes perfect on your big day. His attention to detail and organization as he guided us through the last couple months before the big day made us feel relaxed because we knew we were in good hands. The staff was also great in making sure everything was taken care of from the room block to the meal selections. I am so glad we found such a neat venue hidden in Little Washington. If you want the vintage feel at a reasonable price, this is your dream venue!!! The food was fabulous and served hot in a timely manner. We chose Beef Burgundy and Chicken Piccata and it was so very tender and tasty. It was a 5 Star home run!

Note from mother of the bride: Brad Jox, I can’t thank you enough for making our daughters wedding the beautiful family weekend that it was! Your ever so strict attention to details were the key to the perfect weekend! Just perfect! This vintage hotel is already a gem, but Brad and Reed and the rest of the staff are the reason it is! No matter the planning, every wedding day has its glitches and you had a solution for everything

Sent on 06/01/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/23/2013

Our wedding was absolutely perfect and I owe that to the amazing staff and event planner at the George Washington Hotel. The event planner, Brad, was an amazing person to work with. We planned our wedding in three months. He and the rest of the staff did an amazing job of keeping me at ease with the entire process. The Hotel is so beautiful, but Brad and his crew added so much decoration and details it really made for the most beautiful evening. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to plan their wedding with ease. Thank you to everyone at the George Washington Hotel!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Veronica · Married on 10/26/2013

Brad, the current event planner at the George Washington, is a wedding superstar!!!! Let me start by first saying that my husband and I were on a shoe string budget with our wedding. Less than 5k for the entire wedding! They treated us wonderfully without regard to budget and gave us several "extras" that other venues would have charged thousands for. In fact Brad re-worked the entire menu so that it would be fully vegetarian and save us money.
    I never imagined that I would have the perfect wedding experience on such a small budget but The George Washington made it happen!
    Please check this place out and meet with Brad if you are getting married within the area- it's beautiful, historic, and they do everything in their power to suit your needs for your special day.

Sent on 11/26/2013
  • Rozzlyn

Rozzlyn · Married on 05/26/2013

We were married on May 26,2013. Looking back I cannot believe how beautiful this venue was. Not to mention our coordinator, Bradley. He made us feel special and did everything he could to make sure things went smoothly. He went above and beyond what we were hoping for. He made a very good comment on how some Coordinators think that wedding planning is an easy job. They do not realize they may be woken up at midnight by a call from a stressed out Bride.

I didn't do any of that and there was no need to. He put our minds at ease and we couldn't be more thankful.

This historic hotel is absolutely gorgeous. When we first walked in we instantly knew this was the place.

Here is our wedding video to get an idea of what you are in for.
    We promise you will not regret it!

Adam and Rozz

Sent on 04/26/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

The entire staff was excellent to deal with. They paid attention to every detail and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Beautiful venue. We received so many compliments on the venue, hotel rooms and staff. They were professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/21/2012

elizabeth · Married on 12/17/2016

CLAIR, WAS SUCH A BLESING,SHE ACCOMADATED EVERY NEED. ALWAY HAD A BEAUTIFUL SMILE ON HER FACE. HE MADE MY DAUGHTER AND I TOTALLY SATIFIED WITH ALL OUR NEEDS .FOOD WA SERVED IN A TIMELY MANNER. I RECEIVED MANY COMPLIANTS IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL WINTER WEDDING. THANK YOU

Sent on 01/28/2017
  • Andrea

Andrea Lisiak · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Venue ever

The George Washington is a gorgeous, historic diamond in the rough of Washington PA. If you want a modern cookie cutter hotel, this isn't the place for you - but if you want something with character and elegance, you should check out the George Washington. It was super convenient to have most of our out of town guests staying in the hotel. The package inclusions are sort of unbelievable - they include a lot. I signed my contract with Brad, who I adored, but then when he left they hired this guy Chris who...wasn't my favorite. My husband and I and our families figured we would make it work, but then right before my wedding, Chris left. Best thing that could have happened, They have such a great staff otherwise, Brooke and Kim are so great - and Lia is just amazing, she ran a tight, flawless ship. They are lucky to have her there. I got a lot of compliments on the food "The food was actually hot and delicious!" and the way things were run, my husband and I actually got to eat, something a lot of people told us we wouldn't be able to do. The bartender went out of her way to bring us drinks whenever she had a chance. Then at the end of the night, They took our cards and gifts up to our room so we could go to the local pub (down the street) with friends. The process leading up to the wedding was a bit messy, but I have faith that with Chris gone, that will be fixed. The George Washington is at least worth a look, because they helped to make my wedding the best day of my life.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Virginia · Married on 09/08/2018

Chris, Leah, Chef Jimmy and all of the staff at the GW were wonderful to work with for my daughter’s wedding on September 8, 2018! I would highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a historic/vintage site! The food and service were wonderful! For an old hotel that is close to 100 years old It is nice. A few hiccups but overall pleased. Some low water pressure, slow hot water and better quality air conditioning would be some improvements but the ballroom is wonderful! Can’t wait until the rest of the hotel/bar/restaurant is brought back to life.

Sent on 09/11/2018
    The George Washington Hotel 23
    The George Washington Hotel 24
    The George Washington Hotel 25
    The George Washington Hotel 26
    The George Washington Hotel 27

Ashley · Married on 12/03/2016

Claire was absolutely fantastic and made everything turn out perfect on our special day. She was beyond accommodating. Everything turned out perfect. The only couple complaints that I received from guests that I didn't realize at the time is that they pulled up to get valet parked a couple times and there was nobody there and they had to park their own vehicles and that dinner took a little bit long to come out after the salads were served.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2016

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Claire to make my wedding awesome. Everyone enjoyed the food and the party. I would recommend booking for an off day, because I don't think this venue is fancy enough to justify 15,000 (which was the minimum rate for a Saturday wedding). I booked for Friday night and it was a much better price. I would also suggest pushing for a buffet style dinner service as the plated service took a long time to get through. But, like I said, the food was fantastic, the service was on point, and they work really hard to give you the best wedding possible.

Sent on 01/08/2017

michelle · Married on 12/26/2015

Kelly was helpful and great to work with! The staff was professional and the food was delicious!

Sent on 12/28/2015