The Finer Points Reviews

54 | Leesburg, VA

54 Reviews for The Finer Points

1 User photo

The Finer Points 1

My wife and I had an enormously positive experience working with Lynn and the Finer Points and would recommend them to all of our friends in a heartbeat.

We booked the Finer Points after looking at at least a dozen day-of coordinators and it was an easy decision because of the Finer Point's competitive pricing, particularly compared with all the services offered, and Lynn's wealth of knowledge and experience.

Lynn worked with us in the months leading up to the wedding, quickly and fully answering all our various questions about details and minutiae that go into planning a wedding. She was very accessible.

She worked seamlessly with all our vendors to ensure everything went smoothly. She created a timeline for the wedding wedding for the bridal party and the vendors to make sure everyone knew what had to be done when and who needed to be where, down to the minute.

Perhaps most importantly, Lynn provided a reassuring and calming voice amid the stress of wedding planning. We could tell she has done many weddings and with her orchestrating everything, we were confident the wedding would go off flawlessly and it did.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Katie · Married on 04/25/2015

We had the best experience with Lynn! Both of us are busy professionals and Lynn did an amazing job helping us select vendors, answering e-mails, and making sure that all the details were taken care of and that we were staying on target with our timeline. We did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. She is so sweet and the vendors she recommended were all wonderful! She was the perfect wedding planner!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Emily · Married on 04/24/2015

Felicia ROCKS! One of the main reasons we wanted a day-of coordinator was to be guests at our own wedding. The Finer Points did exactly that. Felicia was absolutely on top of everything—from putting together a detailed timeline to helping the guys with their boutonnieres, and even details we didn’t even think of! Felicia went out of her way to help with it all and ensure everything ran smoothly. She was responsive, energetic, absolutely detail oriented, and most importantly we felt like she was a part of our family. She was such a huge help coordinating with all of the vendors before the wedding to ensure they were where they needed to be the day of the event. She was a blast to work with; we had so much fun planning! Felicia contributed tremendously to the wedding of our dreams going off without a hitch!

Sent on 05/21/2015
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/11/2015

I hired Lynn as the Day of Coordinator because we were having our wedding at a family farm. I wanted to enjoy my wedding day and not be worried about coordination of vendors, etc. Lynn was perfect for the job and I really liked her from the start! She was very friendly and made me feel at ease. She was super understanding in everything we asked of her. She was a huge reason why everything went according to schedule and I didn't know of any mishaps or issues because she took care of it all. She also helped with the rehearsal and answering all of questions before the big day! I can't thank her enough and would hire her again if I had an event to plan! Thank you Lynn

Sent on 04/29/2015

Erinn · Married on 04/04/2015

Lynn was absolutely amazing! She was our day of coordinator but did SO much more.

From our first meeting, we were highly impressed with Lynn’s professionalism, responsiveness and valuable ideas. We felt that Lynn was with us throughout our wedding planning process, even months, weeks and days before. She was extremely helpful in coordinating our other vendors and took away any stress and outstanding issues.

We highly recommend Lynn and she was one of our best wedding investments. I am not sure what we would have done without her and she helped make our wedding...the best day ever!

Sent on 05/10/2015
  • Kaley

Kaley · Married on 10/24/2014

I hired Lynn as my day-of-coordinator about a month before my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I made in the entire planning process. I was feeling nervous about all of the little details coming together and after my initial phone call with Lynn, all of my nerves were gone. She was extremely flexible in meeting with me to go over everything I had planned and really helped me make those important last minute decisions. Lynn put together our entire wedding weekend timeline, coordinated timing with all of my vendors, had advice for different parts of the evening and etiquette, and even brought a beautiful birdcage to use as a card box and a ring bearer pillow for us to use!

Lynn is a joy to work with. She is extremely professional and kind and you feel like you've known her for months the second you meet her. My entire bridal party and family was so appreciative of her help in directing us where we needed to be, setting up all of our family pictures and favors, handing out vendor tips, and helping clean up at the end of the evening. Knowing I had Lynn there allowed us to not have to worry about a single thing the day of the wedding.

I will admit I was at first hesitant to hire someone so close to my wedding date, but decided to think of it as an investment in all the time and money I had already spent on my other vendors, and it was well worth the extra expense! Lynn's advice, knowledge of the area and the flow of a wedding at my venue, and her relationships with all of my vendors was invaluable. The day would not have gone as smoothly and I wouldn't have been as relaxed without Lynn. I highly recommend hiring The Finer Points!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Robert · Married on 05/31/2014

I can't say enough nice things about Lynn. First and forermos she walked me through the process while my wife was out of town finishing her graduate degree. Lynn was very flexible with meetings and worked around my work schedule. The vendors she worked with were professional and reasonably priced. The wedding went so well that people are still talking about.

Sent on 08/09/2014

I cannot rave enough about The Finer Points! I reached out to Lynn initially who wasn't available but she pointed me in the direction of Felicia Kettler, who works with her. I could not have asked for a more responsive, patient, fun and detail oriented wedding planner. Felicia went out of her way to ensure everything was perfect prior to my wedding and on the actual day. She was also my voice of reason during the planning process ensuring I stayed calm and to leave the work to her. Although I hired her as a "day of" planner, she assisted me months prior to the wedding date without hesitation. She reached out to all of the vendors, provided a detailed timeline, assisted with the seating, visited the venue multiple times, and the list goes on to make sure all ran smoothly the day of the wedding. My wedding had a lot of moving parts since it was a dual ceremony, we had a bagpiper, Celtic band, DJ, etc. but at no point was I worried things weren't flowing as they should. I knew Felicia had everything under control, and that she did! Many of my family and friends commented on Felicia's skill to maintain a calm demeanor while having fun running the "show".

Felicia is truly an amazing wedding planner who as I like to say is a "hidden gem"! For any future brides needing help with their wedding, contact The Finer Points and ask for Felicia!

Sent on 06/08/2014

The Finer Points's reply:

Thank you so much Rosita. I will share this awesome review with Felicia. I'm so happy that everything went smoothly and you felt in such good hands with Felicia!

Cora · Married on 05/25/2014

Lynn I at the Finer Points was wonderful to work with. She has a great calming manner, and perfect disposition to deal with any family. She was extremely responsive to any questions, and always available when needed. She made helpful recommendations, and volunteered to bring extra items that were useful. Our event went without a hitch and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Hiring Lynn and The Finer Points, LLC was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. My wedding day went smoothly -- exactly on schedule and all of the vendors showed up and did what they were supposed to do, thanks to Lynn. My husband, our parents and I were able to actually enjoy our wedding day, which was invaluable.

I chose the "Wedding Day Coordination" package as I had already picked many of the vendors, and our venue, a hotel, offered catering and other services. My now-husband and I initially met with Lynn about six weeks prior to our wedding, although we had already been in touch prior to that time (and she was very responsive). She was flexible with our busy schedules. Lynn knew all of the right questions to ask, and she put together an incredibly detailed schedule of events and contact list for all of our vendors.

The few weeks leading up to our wedding were, for the most part, the least stressful of the entire wedding planning process because Lynn took over. She stepped in and was the contact point for all of the vendors, so that I didn't have to check in with them or confirm anything in the weeks leading up to the wedding. And on the day of the wedding, she was coordinating everything behind the scenes, so that neither my parents nor I had to deal with vendors and all of the many little details that make up your wedding day (e.g. the shuttle showed up on time to the hotel to pick us up, the cake was delivered to the hotel and was the cake that we had actually ordered, the organist showed up on time to the church, the ceremony programs were passed out to our guests, the DJ was ready to go for cocktail hour when we arrived back to the hotel, etc. etc.). Throughout the entire process she very calm and detail-focused, which is exactly what I wanted and needed in a coordinator.

If I had to do it all over, I'd definitely choose Lynn again as she gave us (our parents included!) peace of mind and the opportunity enjoy our wedding day

Sent on 06/30/2014

Hiring Lynn to help us on our daughter's wedding day (4/12/2014) was the very best decision I made. Knowing that I could spend the day with our daughter and really enjoy her wedding day without any worry about the set up or the ceremony timing was so wonderful. I totally trusted Lynn and knew that she would do an amazing job. From the minute I met her, I knew we were going to be a good team. Lynn is calm and detail focused. She really tries to get to know you so that she can get a good feel for how you want your day to go. She is easy to talk to, has great suggestions and is very knowlegeable about etiquette and other wedding matters. She put together a great timeline and managed it perfectly throughout the day and it just made everything flow. Lynn stayed until the very end and made sure all the gifts were handed off and all the important items were ready to be returned. We only have one daughter but if we had to plan another wedding there is no doubt that I would ask Lynn to help us again.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/05/2014

Amazing. I can't even describe how helpful Lynn was and how valuable she was to my wedding. The cost was completely worth the time and energy put into the wedding, and to me personally. She was beyond helpful and I can't imagine what I would have done without her. She was constantly accessible for any questions I had, big or small. She took care to make sure all our ducks were in a row, and everything was set-up and ready to go. I definitely recommend Lynn!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Lynn was nothing short of INCREDIBLE. It was the best day of our lives. We hired the Finer Points for Day of Coordinating services. After a hectic year of planning, I wanted the day to go smoothly and to be honest....be able to tune out any issues and focus entirely on my husband. Lynn allowed us to do that. From our grandmothers to our parents, a six month old flower girl and more, Lynn attended to everyone's needs. Everything was on time and looked perfect. Lynn is a pleasure to work with and we are so grateful for her help!

Sent on 01/31/2014
  • User2251959 · 2+ years ago

I interviewed a few different planners in the area and was instantly impressed with The Finer Points. We paid for a partial planning package which was a great value for how wonderful our planner was. That said, Lynn Iannizzi is incredible! She is very knowledgeable and her vendor recommendations were awesome. I never felt like she was nickel-and-diming us, as it frequently felt during other aspects of our wedding. She was always available to discuss the wedding and made honest recommendations. She was always responsive and flexible. Lynn was definitely a calming force during the final planning months. Her day-of coordination was flawless (despite my sometimes vague explanations of my vision :) ). The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception flowed seamlessly despite complicated transportation and time gaps. We honestly could not have planned such a beautiful event without Lynn!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Lynn provided full coordination services for our wedding and was great. Everything was exactly as we wanted it on our wedding day. She is also friendly and easy to work with. We highly recommend choosing The Finer Points to coordinate your wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Gretchen · Married on 06/08/2013

Lynn was wonderful to work with. She was our day-of coordinator but she really went above and beyond that, meeting with me several times at my venue to iron out all the details. We had a ton of decor and a lot of different vendors coming in and she helped set everything up perfectly and directed all the vendors so that everything ran smoothly. On the day of the wedding my husband and I were able to just relax and have a fantastic time because Lynn handled everything for us, even staying later than she was supposed to per the contract. In general she was very professional but also friendly and just a lovely person to work with. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

After our initial meeting with Lynn, it was clear she was the best choice for us. We opted for the total wedding planning, and we are so glad we did. Lynn worked hard to make our wedding day the beautiful, fun, and memorable day it was. We had a simply amazing time, and I appreciate everything she did - from her extensive network of great vendors, to the final touches on the amenity boxes she provided for our out-of-town guests. Everyone kept telling us what a wonderful time they were having. I know this was in no small part due to her talents, and abilities to pull together my "dream team" for the day! She gave me great peace of mind, and that allowed me to actually relax and enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 12/23/2012

Lynn was my wedding planner and she was awesome. She was always available via email/phone when needed and there were a lot of emails! :) She advised me on everything that needed to be done which is exactly what I needed.

Besides all the planning & details that went into the wedding, the reason I would highly recommend The Finer Points is that despite a bad storm/tornado hitting our outdoor reception tent right before the reception started we had to move to a plan b very quickly and if Lynn & Priscilla weren't there to facilitate I'm not sure what we would've done. We managed to have a wedding indoors with music, food, booze and great friends & family! But definitely needed somewhere there to direct the guests, caterer, DJ, venue staff, etc. Without them, I honestly don't know how the night would've turned out so thank you to Lynn & Priscilla!!

Sent on 09/29/2012

The Finer Points's reply:

Thank you so much Winnie and Long! We were so glad that we were there and able to help with the weather situation at hand. You also handled the situation with much grace and class!
  • W

Kelsey · Married on 01/14/2012

Lynn (and Priscilla) were both a wonderful help in planning our wedding. We opted for the day-of planning, but we received so much more! Right from the start Lynn gave us suggestions for other vendors, such as the cake baker and florist, who she knew provided quality services and was in our price range. Both suggestions turned out great! The schedule she made for the wedding, as well as her confirming with all of the vendors, made the week before the wedding and the actual wedding totally unstressful, which is what every bride wants. Lynn was also very valuable in answering all of the smaller etiquette type questions like who to tip. Lynn had not worked with our venue before, but she made a special trip to go out before the wedding to tour the facility and discuss details with the managers at the venue. I would definitely recommend the services of the Finer Points because they are worth the money and they go above and beyond.

Sent on 01/21/2012

The Finer Points's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsey for the shining review!

Jackie · Married on 09/03/2011

I used the Finer Points as a day of planner but I was surprised at how involved and helpful Lynn was from the start. She set up several meetings with me WELL in advance of the wedding and offered tips and added value along the way. Her detailed schedule of events for the day was amazing and it was a document that helped keep all the vendors and my wedding party on the same page! Many of my bridesmaids who have been in many weddings were impressed with the detail and direction that Lynn provided in the schedule of events. I cannot say how happy my mom and I were were Lynn and Priscilla - they are true professionals. They were instrumental in the rehearsal and "herding the cats". But above all, the wedding day was FLAWLESS. Lynn ensured everything went smoothly and my mother and I never had to worry about a thing. Hiring Lynn was one of the best decisions we made and $$ VERY WELL SPENT. Having Lynn gave me peace of mind for the 11 months up to my wedding. The execution of the wedding was phenominal. They made everything flawless - from ceremony to reception and all the transitions in between.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Jamie · Married on 08/05/2011

Lynn Iannizzi from The Finer Points is the total package. I was not a stressed out bride like many, but I was too laid back. She helped me talk through all of the little details that I had no idea about and she made me feel that everything would be taken care of without a problem.

On the day of my wedding, she made sure everything was perfect and I did not worry about a thing. What's more, and the reason that I hired her...my mother and my friends did not have to worry about a thing either.

I received many complements from friends and family about how organized and friendly Lynn was at the reception. She helped keep things moving and seemed to pop up whenever anyone needed something. If you are thinking of getting a day of coordinator, you need to hire Lynn.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband and I used the Finer Points as our day of coordinators. From booking to execution of the wedding event, I couldn't have been more pleased. I shopped several planners prior to booking with the Finer Points, and their price was in line if not cheaper than the others and you recieve much more service and personal attention. There were no hidden costs. Priscilla - my primary coordinator, was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. On the day of the event both Lynn and Priscilla worked to coordinate our different locations, kept things running smoothly, and on time. Everything went off seamlessly. Hiring the Finer Points was one of the best planning decisions we made. We were able to enjoy our big day with out a thought or concern of any issues, so we just danced the night away. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Natalie · Married on 07/03/2010

We hired Lynn Iannizzi from the Finer Points to be the day-of-coordinator for our wedding, and she was such a strong support during the weeks leading up. We had a special circumstance where our florist was unable to set up our flowers, and Lynn was able to set up everything to perfection without a problem. She was so detail-oriented and organized, that everything flowed smoothly. Most of the evening we were not even aware she was there, but she was behind the scenes working with all the other vendors to make the day absolutely perfect! We highly, highly, recommend her!!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Natalie · Married on 07/03/2010

We worked with Lynn Iannizzi as our day-of-coordinator. We had spent a lot of time planning details and decorations for the event, and Lynn was available in the weeks before the wedding to discuss our plans, offer suggestions, and generally make us feel confident that the wedding day would go off wonderfully, and be care-free for me, my husband, and my family. She helped create wonderful memories, for us and all our of guests. Everyone agreed that the wedding was spectacular, and so much of that was due to Lynn's incredible organization, planning, and attention to detail. If I was to do it all over again, I would change absolutely nothing, and Lynn made that happen!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Darrin · Married on 04/10/2010

We worked with Lynn Iannizzi for our wedding and she was absolutely wonderful. From the initial planning steps to the day of coordination, Lynn was extremely professional and easy to work with. We would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Northern Virginia area.

Sent on 07/17/2010