The Finer Points Reviews

54 Reviews for The Finer Points

1 User photo

The Finer Points 1

Alexandra · Married on 09/15/2018

Felicia Kettler is my hero! She beautifully navigated challenging family dynamics and made sure everything went smoothly. As the bride, if anythjnf was amiss I was not aware of it as she ensured that it was taken care of. We also had an anxiety-induced week as a hurricane was headed for our wedding, and while it ended up missing us, Felicia worked double time to ensure the event was flawless- rain, shine or hurricane. Most importantly, Felicia made sure that I (the bride) got the wedding that I wanted. She is SO organized. I miss working with her!

The Finer Points 2

Christina · Married on 09/15/2018

Lynn was absolutely amazing for our wedding! We used the full service package and I am so glad we did. We ended up having to change planners with only 6 months before the wedding and she made everything go perfectly. The fact she was able to put this wedding together on such short notice should tell you how organized and efficient she is. Lynn is so approachable and easy to talk to. I felt that I got along with her immediately and was calm, cool and collected in the face of the last minute changes, AND dealing with an impending HURRICANE the day of the wedding!!!
    I didn't know exactly how I wanted my wedding to look - I just wanted a fun party that I could enjoy with my family and friends, and she helped me create the event I hazily imagined. Her vendor recommendations were all spot on as well.
    I can't say enough good things about Lynn; I am SO happy she planned my wedding and I would tell anyone to choose her, 100%.

Julie · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired The Finer Points as our day-of-coordinator for our June 2018 wedding at Murray Hill in Leesburg. I can't say enough wonderful things about Laura! Both Laura and Lynn sat down with my husband and I about 3 months before our wedding to go over details and ask us questions about our day and what we expected. We then had a venue walk through with both of them, along with our caterer and the manager of our band. Laura was also there for our rehearsal and made sure everyone got a copy of our timeline and was on the same page. Laura and Lynn were both so positive and excited about our vision and I always felt super confident about our plan with every meeting.

Laura was the lead for our wedding and she did a great job! The one thing I love about her is she has such a positive attitude which is so helpful when you're the bride and get stressed easily. In my stressed out haste right before the wedding, I told her my vision for the DYI decor I had brought to the wedding and she just took it and made everything look beautiful. She was very easy to get in touch with. I was able to text her about anything and she would make it happen or figure out a plan. She even texted me the night before the wedding to remind me to take a moment during the wedding to take it all in and enjoy the day. She took plenty of pictures and sent them to me afterwards. She also texted me photos of another wedding she did a few weeks before that had the same draping that I was going to have so I could see what it would look like. Her main goal was to always keep me informed when necessary and stress free! Laura went above and beyond and helped take the stress away from me and my husband and our families on the day of our wedding, which was my goal from day one. Everything went smoothly and it was a day that we will never forget! I would absolutely recommend The Finer Points to anyone!

P.S. My in-laws also hired Laura to plan the rehearsal dinner at their house. It was equally as wonderful!

Ally · Married on 10/14/2017

If I could give Finer Points and Felicia more than 5 stars/category I would! Felicia was so thorough and organized and it paid of on the big day. Everything was PERFECT and Felicia was the reason everything went so smoothly!

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Lynn under her partial planning wedding package for our October 2017 wedding and it was probably the smartest decision we made in the planning process! Lynn helped with suggesting multiple vendors, as well as working as our wedding day coordinator. Lynn was extremely friendly and easy to work with, and always made herself available by email/phone whenever we had questions or concerns. She helped coordinate visits with vendors and was present for our meetings with them. She was there to ask all the questions us wedding novices didn’t think to ask. This was particularly helpful during our walkthrough at the venue. While it was very helpful for Lynn to assist us along the way with vendors and general coordination, we truly valued her help the final month prior to the wedding and day of. During the final weeks leading up to the wedding, Lynn created a detailed Schedule of Events, confirmed with vendors and helped fine tune the details. She ran our rehearsal and helped coordinate the basics of the ceremony in conjunction with our officiant. After the rehearsal was finished, she made sure we had transferred to her possessions everything we would need to set up for the next day (e.g. candles, decorations, etc.). All of these items ended up where they were supposed to be on the wedding day.
    The day of Lynn was wonder woman. She was here, there and everywhere coordinating everyone from the bride and groom to the rest of the wedding party and families. We never heard about anything that went wrong because she was silently handling it! We highly recommend Lynn. She was pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Emma · Married on 09/23/2017

We're so grateful we found Lynn to be our day-of coordinator! She made the entire process super easy and stress-free and really went above and beyond to help us with planning, contract reviews, etc., before the big day. On our wedding day, she handled everything so that we could be fully present and really enjoy the day with our friends and families. Thank you, Lynn!

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

We were lucky to have Felicia with the Finer Points coordinate our wedding day last September. I don't have enough good things to say about her. She was fabulous - confident, positive, responsive - she took care of so many details on the day of our wedding so that we could truly focus on friends and family. I knew after a short while that selecting her as our day-of coordinator was one of the best decisions I made during wedding planing!

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

Lynn and her team are simply the best. Her voice is so calming and she is so organized. She is great with making the little details you want happen, no matter how crazy they are! I would not have been able to pull off my wedding without Lynn. We hired her with 6 months left and she helped me understand how everything ends up coming together and helped me snag my last few vendors. She took care of everything I needed and more and was wonderful with my parents and guests. I can't thank Lynn enough or recommend her enough!

Amy · Married on 06/03/2017

We cannot say enough great things about the Finer Points and we love Laura. We first met Lynn and hired the Finer Points for Day Of Coordination. We had our wedding at our home in the backyard and we originally reached out to her to destress the prospect of having 60 people at our house and dealing with setup, vendors, etc. We didn't expect to get SO much more. From the moment we met Laura, she blew us away. She really got to know us and understood what we wanted, which was an outdoor rustic wedding with our closest family and friends. Laura helped with catering, met with the florist and managed the tent. I was amazed every time I went to a meeting with her because she was totally in control, which meant I did not have to be. She sent us tons of pictures and ideas whenever she saw something she thought we might like. For the day of, she was everywhere. From looking for sprinkler heads with the tent people to stringing lights in trees and sweeping my patio, to ensuring linens and centerpieces were perfect to making sure every last candle was where it was supposed to be. She was WONDERFUL. She even captured pictures and videos on her phone that everyone else missed. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything we hoped for. There is no way it would have been the same without her. She did everything possible to remove our stress so we could enjoy every moment. Hiring the Finer Points was absolutely the best decision we made in our wedding planning and I highly recommend them. A wedding takes months to plan but in the end, it only lasts for what feels like seconds. We are so glad we remember and enjoyed every one of those seconds thanks to Laura's help.

Jacqueline · Married on 04/29/2017

We hired Lynn as our day of wedding coordinator. Lynn was professional and always responded to emails promptly, which I appreciated very much. Lynn was our day of coordinator but she started helping to plan months before the wedding. The day of went smoothly and it wouldn't have been possible without Lynn. Thank you! I highly recommend!

Alison · Married on 11/12/2016

Hands down, hiring Lynn as our day of coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is incredibly organized and was able to answer all of our last-minute questions. She was was so calm and reassuring on our wedding day, and knew our venue, Whitehall, backwards and forwards. Everything went so smoothly, all thanks to Lynn and Finer Points!

Dana · Married on 10/29/2016

These guys should be the first people you book when you get engaged!! Worth every single penny and then some!!! I hired Felicia to be my day-of coordinator for my wedding and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She is wonderful and energetic and enthusiastic. And above all she is ORGANIZED. I am super type A and having her was like a dream come true. While other brides are freaking out on their wedding day I got to stay cool, calm, and happy because I knew everything was being handled by Felicia. Thanks to her my wedding went off without a hitch - on time, without problem, and it was absolutely perfect. She stayed through the entire evening to make sure my husband and I ate, cut our cake, tossed the bouquet, and made it through our sparkler send-off. If you are even remotely thinking about a day-of coordinator GET FELICIA!! Best decision ever.

Nadya · Married on 09/24/2016

We are so thankful having The Finer Points and Felicia as our day of coordinator! She is amazing to work with - very thorough in details in making sure that our decorations were on point and in creating our timeline, from the rehearsal to hair and makeup to a tea ceremony and to a main ceremony and reception. We met with her in person and on the phone several times before the wedding, and Felicia answered all of our questions in a timely manner, even right up to the wedding. We appreciated her attention to detail and making sure that our big day went smoothly and perfectly! She was excellent coordinating with our vendors (even when she hadn't worked with some before). We highly recommend her and well worth the money!

Courtney · Married on 07/09/2016

We purchased the Partial Planning Package, and were thrilled with all of Lynn's suggestions, advice, and guidance. Not only was she a great help prior to the wedding, but day of, she ensured that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't imagine not having her there to tie up all the loose ends.

Karri · Married on 04/30/2016

Lynn is amazing! I was planning a wedding in less than 6 months and decided about 2 months in to hire a planner. I opted to just hire Lynn as a day of coordinator, but she was really so much more than that. She was so responsive and helpful when I just needed some advice, about hotels, transportation options, etc. We had two great meetings, one early on, and one a little before the wedding, and I could just feel the stress melt off me when we met. She has everything so organized and under control, knowing every little detail of what we wanted. The day was perfect. Even when it suddenly seemed it might rain for our outdoor ceremony, she made me feel confident that if it started in the middle, she had a plan. (luckily it didn't) The reception was beyond perfect - if anything went wrong and needed fixing, I had no idea about it. All our decor, was placed exactly as we hoped. We had some special things like videos we wanted played, and she worked with the DJ to make sure everything was set up and it all went off without a hitch. We had some timing issues due to longer than planned speeches, etc, and she helped us change plans on the fly and move things along. People told me something would go wrong, but with Lynn, NOTHING DID! We just had the best time and didn't worry about anything. She's also just a sweet, nice person to work with - I felt like I was working with a good friend!

Sent on 06/03/2016

The Finer Points's reply:

Thank you so much for your kinds words and taking the time to do the review. It really means a lot to me. Hope you all had a wonderful honeymoon!!!

Anne · Married on 04/09/2016

We worked with Lynn as a day-of coordinator on our wedding and I certainly believe our amazing wedding had everything to do with Lynn. From fielding a lot of random questions from me, to stepping up to help when we lost our venue, to fixing a stray curl during my reception, I don't think I would have been able to do it without her. She is sweet, reassuring, and an absolute must for a perfect wedding day!

Malina · Married on 12/12/2015

Lynn was great! She managed all of the vendors and constantly stayed on top of things. Because of Lynn, our wedding day went very smoothly and everything was perfect! I would highly recommend using The Finer Points for your wedding.

I cannot recommend Lynn enough. She was our planner for one of my other daughter's weddings in 2012 and we just used her again for another daughter's wedding last weekend. Throughout the entire process, she was nothing less than exceptional. Her attention to detail is amazing. She took care of coordination with all of our vendors and she always made herself available to us for any questions that we had. She is thoughtful, professional, and a very calming influence. My daughter's wedding was stress-free, in large part due to Lynn -- I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Kevin · Married on 10/11/2015

We used Lynn as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding and she was fantastic. She helped organize our vendors and ensure everything was executed to our wishes. She also allowed us to focus on our day rather than any issues that came up with our vendors.

She was also always available to answer questions as we went through the process, which can be extremely intimidating at times.

Sent on 10/23/2015

The Finer Points's reply:

Thank you Beth and Kevin for the glowing review. I really appreciate it!

Daniela · Married on 09/27/2015

Words can not express how grateful I am to Lynn for being the most level headed, organized, thoughtful, meticulous, and amazing wedding coordinator. My original wedding coordinator quit just 6 weeks before my wedding and I was scrambling to find a new one. Lynn came to my rescue!

She was a pleasure to work with, she was knew exactly what to do for every situation, she listened to me, she understood my vision for my wedding day and she executed it perfectly.

I actually ended up getting terribly ill right before our dinner and reception were supposed to start. I couldn't greet my guests, I couldn't keep any eye on anything because I couldn't even stand up and Lynn took care of everything. She was calm and thoughtful and kept everything moving forward so that guests weren't the wiser that the bride was missing. She rolled with the punches, made quick changes to our timeline to accommodate my getting sick, and even stayed later than she was contracted for so that she could make sure I was able to rejoin my guests and reception.

She is worth every single penny! And her prices are very reasonable.

We hired Lynn as a partial coordinator and couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out! She is absolutely great and really made our wedding day go smoothly. We couldn't have done it without her. She took the time to meet with us a few times before the wedding just to make sure we were still on track. The day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Lynn was there taking care of EVERYTHING. I highly recommend her services.

Kristin · Married on 08/29/2015

Hiring Lynn as my day-of coordinator was the BEST decision I made for our wedding day. Thanks to her I was able to actually enjoy our wedding. If I could give more than five stars I would. I cannot say enough great things about her. She is responsive, kind, fun, detail-oriented, professional, and extremely helpful. Her calm demeanor kept me at ease throughout the entire day. So many of my family and friends raved about how helpful and awesome she was during our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend her services!!!

Michellanne · Married on 08/09/2015

Hiring Lynn as my day of planner from the Finer Points was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. My family and I literally said that to one another over and over. From our first conversation, she made me feel at ease, and I loved that she asked all the questions I didn't even know needed to be answered. On the day of the wedding, she orchestrated the rehearsal and impressed all of us with her knowledge of Jewish weddings. Because she was on hand all day, my parents and I could relax and trust that the event would run smoothly. It made such an enormous difference. I cannot recommend her enough.

Harvey · Married on 08/09/2015

Lyn Iannizzi was the best decision we made in planning my daughter’s wedding. She was organized and unflappable. She answered all our questions and addressed all our concerns before the wedding and during the wedding and reception made sure everything went smoothly and according to plan. Lynn is very knowledgeable about all things wedding and thought of things we never would have. Before the ceremony she made sure everyone was in the correct place and coached us on what to do when. During the reception, Lynn was there to coordinate with the DJ and make sure the toasts, speeches, first dance, cake cutting, etc. went off without a hitch. Last, but definitely not least, Lynn was a pleasure to work with and we truly appreciate all she did in making it the perfect wedding.

Lynn at The Finer Points did an amazing job as our day-of wedding coordinator! She was involved and handling details starting weeks before the wedding, too. I didn't worry about anything on the wedding day- Lynn handled all the contracts, tips, having the vendors set up, making sure everything in the venue was set up perfectly- the list goes on and on! She was even in contact with the shuttle drivers as they were en route to make sure the timing was perfect! And at the end of the night, Lynn made sure all of our things were nicely packed up and ready for us to pick up in the morning. SOOO happy we hired her! Lynn definitely made sure my stress level stayed low and that I was able to enjoy my wedding and feel confident that everything would go perfectly! Thanks, Lynn!!