The Farmhouse Reviews

The Farmhouse 6
The Farmhouse 7

Bethany Warn · Married on 11/03/2018

Memorable wedding!

Everyone at our wedding had an absolute BLAST at The Farmhouse. The staff did an amazing job and I received so many compliments from friends and family on the food, service, and venue space. Thank you Rebecca and the rest of the team for making our day so special and memorable!!! :)

Sent on 11/15/2018

The Farmhouse's reply:

Bethany and John, What an amazing wedding! We are thrilled to hear that everyone had a BLAST at your wedding. Your personal touches to the wedding were beautiful! We are still talking about your place cards and how beautiful they were! Thank you for making The Farmhouse part of your special day!
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 10/05/2018

Where to even begin. We were in a pinch when we reached out to the Farmhouse with interest in their venue. Rebecca was so great and so helpful. She reached out to us immediately. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is fantastic. Our guests are still raving about how good the food was!! everyone loved it!
    Emily did an amazing job setting up the ballroom for us and Angelina was the BEST bridal assistant i could have asked for. They made our wedding day so perfect and we couldn't be more grateful to have found them. If you are interested in seeing their venue I would definitely recommend checking it out!!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Dear Ashlee and Jason,

It was truly a pleasure working with you both in creating the wedding of your dreams! We are thrilled that we were able to help you both. We are all still talking about all of the personal touches you had added to your wedding and how amazing they were.

Please come back and visit us soon!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

We chose The Farmhouse for our rehearsal dinner and they exceeded our expectations! Ashley and Jesse were a pleasure to work with. They were very friendly, professional, and flexible. We told them our vision and they made it come to life. We had dinner in the Hunterdon room which was perfect for our 50 guests. There was a storm happening during the event and the power went out of a few seconds. The Farmhouse handled everything well and it did not disrupt the night at all. The room was beautiful and the food was delicious. The service was excellent and the bartender, Ron was phenomenal! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    The Farmhouse 8
    The Farmhouse 9
  • Jeanine

Jeanine Hart · Married on 07/28/2018

Reception perfection!

The Farmhouse completely exceeded our expectations for our July wedding reception! My husband and I were in search of a private dining room that would accommodate our small group of guests without being too over-the-top. After scoping out a few venues and having lunch here, we concluded that the food and atmosphere were perfect. Cozy and casual but elegant, we knew this historic spot would satisfy the crowd. Rebecca, the Director of Catering Sales, offered us the Perryville room while she and the staff put in ample time to help us plan the menu and setup. The options were vast, and we decided on a cocktail hour with passed hors d’oeuvres, followed by an arrangement of appetizers and a custom dinner menu that left our guests with plenty of choice. They even thoughtfully plated our wedding cake with berries that complemented the flavor. The day flowed seamlessly which allowed us to just relax and have a great time with our guests, and the meal was a hit from start to finish! If you opt for hors d’oeuvres, be sure to get the 1685 Reuben.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Hello Jeanine and John,

Thank you for making us a part of your celebration!
    It is our goal to exceed your expectations and let you both have the time to relax and enjoy your special day. We are truly looking forward to seeing you both soon!

Danielle · Married on 07/20/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Farmhouse this past Saturday, and i can honestly say that everything was PERFECT. Guests were complimenting the food, decor, and space all night long. The team helped with incredible recommendations for vendors, all of which turned out to be incredible. Even with some staff changes throughout my planning process, i never felt like the team didn't have my back and weren't committed to the event. Rebecca and Ashley were a JOY to work with, and i truly felt their excitement for our day, and their commitment to making it perfect. The bridal suite was also beautiful, and served as the perfect place to get ready and take bridal photos for the day. I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and team, and my only regret is that we can't do it all over again!!

Of all the places we toured, The Farmhouse was by far the most beautiful, accommodating, yet also budget friendly. I would recommend to anyone who wants to impress their guests and have a ball doing it!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Hi Danielle!

We are so happy to know that you loved your wedding! The Farmhouse Team wants you to know that it was an honor to work with you. Having your back is our job, and we love what we do. That’s why we only recommend the best vendors to our wedding couples.

Come back and visit us again soon. We miss you already!

Lindsey · Married on 06/23/2018

We just got married at The Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial on June 23, 2018 and it was FLAWLESS. We chose The Farmhouse for our wedding because of the FANTASTIC food and also because it didn't feel like a "wedding factory". We were immediately drawn to the beautiful grounds, welcoming staff, and their strong desire to make your wedding feel like your own. My husband and I really wanted a wedding that was personalized and the staff at The Farmhouse was more than willing to help make our ideas a reality. Being detailed oriented people, we really appreciated the time and effort the staff put in reviewing every last detail with us. They were patient and willing to answer all our questions (and we had plenty)!

On the day of the wedding, everything was executed to perfection. The staff was attentive to not only my husband and I, but to all of the guests. Between the cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert... food was absolutely amazing. Your guests always remember the food they had at a wedding and ours could not stop raving about it! Our wedding coordinators and maitre'd were completely 'on top' of the evening making sure everything was going well. They always made sure my husband and I were okay and most importantly, kept the reception flowing with the food, dj, cake cutting, etc. We didn't have to worry about anything. To cap it all off, we ended the night with a fireworks display that our vendor and The Farmhouse planned together to perfection.

The Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial is truly a hidden gem in NJ. Thank you for making it the best day of our lives.

Sent on 07/15/2018
    The Farmhouse 10
    The Farmhouse 11
    The Farmhouse 12
    The Farmhouse 13
    The Farmhouse 14

Hi Lindsey.
    The whole Farmhouse Team is thrilled that you thought your wedding was “FLAWLESS”! It is our job to listen to your wedding dreams and make them our blueprint for your custom tailored, one-of-a-kind wedding. We are so happy that we were spot on with the details, the timing, the food, and the flow of the evening. We love, love, love the photos too! We hope that you and Tony come back and see us soon!!

Hilary · Married on 06/16/2018

Thank you to the Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial for the most perfect wedding reception my husband and I could have ever dreamed of on June 16th! Everything was absolutely stunning and went so smoothly. The venue, grounds, food, service, and professionalism was the BEST ever! Our wedding guests were raving about the cocktail hour and all of the food for weeks after our wedding. Thank you to the entire Farmhouse team who made my wedding day stress free and were so attentive to us the entire day. We could not have imagined having our reception anywhere else! We 110% recommend choosing this beautiful and special place!
    -Hilary & Jake Schweitzer

Sent on 07/24/2018

Hi Hilary and Jake.
    We are 110% gratified that you recognize the Farmhouse Team's professionalism, and that you recommend choosing our beautiful venue because it truly is a "special place!" Please make plans to come back and visit with us again soon. Now we're family! The Farmhouse Team

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2017

Brittney and Kevin were an amazing duo to work with! They were always available when we had questions and were very quick to respond. On the days leading up to our wedding they were extremely organized and took detailed notes regarding to ensure that everything was laid out and all decor was placed throughout the venue just as we had imagined! On the day of our wedding they made sure everything ran smooth from start to finish and if anything went wrong behind the scenes we had no idea!

I highly recommend them and their team for your wedding!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    The Farmhouse 15
    The Farmhouse 16
    The Farmhouse 17
    The Farmhouse 18

Hi Stephanie!

You and Mike were truly the amazing duo to work with! Prompt and thoughtful responses to couples’ questions, being highly organized, & paying attention to detail and our couples’ chosen layout and decor are all part of what makes Farmhouse weddings magical. The entire Farmhouse Team is thrilled to know that you and your family and friends thoroughly enjoyed your wedding and that you and Mike appreciate the teamwork that supported your experience.

We hope to see you in The Farmhouse Restaurant soon!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2017

The whole team at the Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial is so professional and amazing at what they do. They are responsible for making everything go perfect at our wedding!! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a wedding venue in central NJ

Sent on 08/22/2017

Carolina · Married on 07/22/2017

My wedding was all I imagined. Thanks to the FarmHouse at the Grand Colonial staff, they made my dream wedding come true. From start to end always on top of every single detail, big or small. They took care of everything giving me the time focus on my guests and fully enjoy my wedding. The decoration the food the staff, everything was amazing. Every single guest came up to me to thank me for such an amazing wedding complementing the amazing service provided by Kevin and all his staff.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Marie · Married on 06/10/2017

We had an amazing experience at the Farmhouse this past June. From the first time we went there, we knew there was something special at The Farmhouse that we did not find anywhere else. Kevin was wonderful to work with. He made sure things were perfect throughout the day and made both of us feel special. The night went seamlessly, things were very organized and we weren't stressed about anything! Richard controlled the food and service staff throughout the night and we could not have been more pleased. Our guests are still talking about our wedding. No one could believe that they were going to be eating dinner after the cocktail hour. Thank you again for making our day so wonderful! We will definitely never forget it.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Bre · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I knew the only place that would be capable of providing us with a unique, yet classy arena for our wedding reception was the Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial. From start to finish, Kevin and his team ensured every intricate detail was perfect. And trust me when I say we had some interesting requests to coordinate. From planning a secret arrival and wardrobe changes to catering to our rather odd dining selections (you could say restrictions), Kevin and his team flawlessly tackled every dynamic we threw at them. We still have people talking about how much fun they had at our reception - never had they been to such a classy, yet personalized reception. May 6, 2017 will forever be one of my favorite days thanks to the Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Bridget · Married on 03/31/2017

My husband and I were married at The Farmhouse at The Grand Colonial on Friday night (3/31/17). I cannot say enough about our experience and wedding. Kevin was absolutely amazing to work with and made my planning as a bride carefree. I felt like we were planning with a good friend! Every bride should be as lucky as I was to work with such amazing and caring staff. The venue was impeccable- at the rehearsal, the entire staff was working for hours to make the room perfect. We had bad weather, but I didn't stress because I knew that The Farmhouse would make the ceremony inside just as special. Gabriella was my right hand woman the entire day. She was kind, efficient, professional, and again, made me feel confident that everything would go smoothly. I cried when I saw the main room before the wedding. It was more than I had ever imagined. People say-as cliche as it sounds- that your wedding is the best day of your life. As my husband and I recap 2 days later, we truly believe this saying. I have a large Irish family, where we have attended and thrown many weddings. Numerous family members commented that ours was probably the best so far. The bridal suite is decorated in a timeless and rustic decor- making for beautiful pictures. The VIP room that my husband got ready in, was comfortable and beautiful as well. I gave Kevin 10 boxes of goodies I had collected over the 16 months of us being engaged and told him that I understood if he couldn't get it all out- because there was so much! He told me not to worry- that I had handed it over and he would take care of it. He had an 8 foot table made to display all of the items. Our memory frames, remembering and celebrating those that have passed, the Waterford wedding bowl my mom had given us with an Irish prayer, pictures of us from our relationship, and our memory board, were all displayed beautifully for guests to see and admire. The food was delicious- as always- highlighting the farm-to-table, fresh recipes.

Sent on 04/02/2017

Arlene · Married on 12/10/2016

Fabulous! Our daughter and her husband were married here on July 11, 2015. What a wonderful night! Everything was perfect – space and grounds, food, drinks, service and general atmosphere. The bride and groom were residing out of state, so my husband and I did a lot of the preliminary leg work. Jimmy was so easy to work with and made the coordination so easy. He was a man of his word in every aspect! There was plenty of space for everyone to move around at the cocktail hour and plenty of seating for anyone who wanted to sit. The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. One of the groomsmen remarked that he hopes heaven is the cocktail hour at The Farmhouse! I really appreciated the fact that there were so many choices that anyone, no matter what their food preferences or restrictions, found plenty of delicious things to eat and I felt like nobody else had to give anything up for that to happen. The variety was amazing. My only regret is that I didn’t have time to eat more. One of the bridesmaids had many food restrictions and the staff couldn’t have been more accommodating all night. None of the bridesmaids were local, but they quipped they’d like a destination wedding to New Jersey and a reception at The Farmhouse. Many of our guests are still raving about the food. Even our niece who is a professional chef in Manhattan thought the food and everything about this venue were fantastic. And nobody wasted time waiting in line at the bar. It was great to have a bar at either side of the space and never a line. The room was breathtaking thanks to Jimmy and Kevin and the staff. They were around all night to be sure everything was going perfectly. Debbie, the bridal attendant, couldn’t have been more attentive or wonderful. This is a gorgeous, well-run place with attention to every detail. I couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Sent on 01/31/2016

Susan · Married on 12/03/2016

Our wedding was December 3, 2016 and Kevin and the entire staff at the Farmhouse at The Grand Colonial were amazing. There was not one detail missed, the planning was absolutely painless with Kevin. He was such a professional to work with and I hope to have another event that I can use them for. I would recommend them for any type of occasion, even just an evening out for dinner. Besides the gorgeous decorations for Christmas, the venue is just a beautiful place for a wedding. The food was over and above anything we could have imagined. Our guests are still talking about it, and I cannot stop thinking of the amazing day I had. I was so sad when the day ended! The service was outstanding, there was nothing we could have needed, they were always there to assist us in every way. Our ceremony was also on site, and they set it up so beautifully. Words cannot express our gratitude for the outstanding job they did with our wedding. Thank you Kevin and your entire staff from the bottom of our hearts!
    Philip and Susan Andreoli
    Pittstown, NJ

Sent on 12/23/2016

Pinky · Married on 09/24/2016

I was married at The Farmhouse on Sept 24,2016. I cannot say enough about the staff and service at this venue. My wedding day felt like the most amazing fairytale, and it is very much in part not only to the physical beauty of this venue, but the amazing staff. I am Hindu and my husband is catholic, so we actually had two wedding ceremonies on the same day at this venue. We worked with Jimmy for a year to plan our big Indian/Colombian wedding. Jimmy was so great and really worked with my family to learn all of the Indian traditions that go along with the Hindu ceremony so that they could provide the most perfect setting and amazing food for our wedding....the Hindu wedding was early in the morning at 10am and Jimmy even areanged for someone to open up the venue at 5am for me and my makeup artist to start getting me ready in the bridal suite. The farm to table food was AMAZING! Our family and friends could not stop talking about how good the food was...and so fresh! The chef even cooked excellent Indian food that everyone loved. Kevin and the entire staff really took care of us, our families and all of our guests. I received many compliments on the excellent service. I feel like Jimmy and The Farmhouse staff have become part of our family and I look forward to seeing them again when we go back for our anniversary! I highly recommend this venue...if I could give it more than 5 stars I would! Thank you to Jimmy and everyone at the farmhouse for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

I cannot say enough great things about The Farmhouse!!
    First, do not be deceived by the name. It can lean towards rustic with the appropriate decor, but is beautiful and classic and we did not choose to go that way for NYE. The grounds are amazing. We were married on NYE 2016/2017 and they were so amazing and accommodating in every way possible!!
    The entire staff is amazing, professional, and always incredibly nice to all of our guests. They will truly go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure your day is perfect!! Here are some examples:
    - I really wanted my dj to live stream the ball drop at midnight, but was concerned that streaming over wifi might cut out since everyone would be on their devices bogging down the network. Jimmy actually worked with whatever provider they use and had cable tv run into the ballroom to ease my mind!!
    -I selected a vendor for fireworks and they worked closely with my vendor to ensure everything went off without a hitch- they had extra meetings and gave them access to the grounds whenever needed with minimal involvement from myself.
    -We requested a new food station with a selection of traditional Spanish dishes and Jimmy and his team worked to build a delicious station with the most amazing dishes! In fact, all of our guests raved about how great all of the food was!! Some even said they just kept eating despite being ridiculously full because it was just that good!! The chef is amazing and sat with us and she worked to ensure that everything on the menu was exactly what we wanted!!
    The whole team was so wonderful. I really cannot say that enough! My bridal attendant was the most wonderful girl ever. Anything I needed I knew I could turn around and she would be there. To help. I didn't have to think about a thing, I dropped off my decor a few days before with basically no instructions except some words on the boxes and they executed everything flawlessly!!
    They just made everything easier for me and I wouldn't have had my w

Sent on 05/06/2017

Alexandra · Married on 07/22/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Farmhouse on a beautiful Friday evening this past July. Kevin and the staff were absolutely amazing! We were blown away by their customized, outstanding service and overall atmosphere on our big day. Kevin also worked with us the months leading up to our wedding day ensuring all of our details were perfectly planned. He went above and beyond to ease my anxiety and stress and everything turned out better than we could have ever imagined. I'd recommend the Farmhouse for any wedding ceremony and/or reception. It's the perfect combination of elegance and farm-like which was exactly what we were looking for. We also were provided many options to customize for any unique style as a couple. Thank you again to Kevin and the wonderful staff who made our wedding so memorable! We recently celebrated our first anniversary and there's no other place we'd rather spend our evening than dinner at the Farmhouse. Looking forward to many more anniversary dinners here!

Sent on 09/04/2017

melanie · Married on 07/16/2016

My son and his beautiful bride, had thee wedding here 3 weeks ago. I cannot say enough about how amazing everything was...The staff was outstanding...not one detail was over looked. The ceremony was gorgeous, on the green, beautiful clean white chairs…carefully placed chevron style so all guests can see the bride & groom. Then onto the cocktail hour...I do not even know where to start. The cocktails hour was unbelievable. Everything was delicious...seeing the looks on our guests faces, as they ate the food was amazing...everyone raved about the food and couldn't decide what their favorite appetizers were..they were all outstanding. Then onto dinner. we started out with a Blane Salad...one of our favorites and is now so many others favorite salad too...the dinners were so delicious, perfect balance of flavors on the plate, portions were perfect and the food was still hot when we got it..how often does that happen at a wedding...people kept saying, they wished they could have had one of each. We ended with the Viennese Table was incredible...the chocolate fountain, bananas forster station and the desserts, we fantastic...kudos to the chef, kitchen staff, the bartenders & servers..and also the setup crew and clean up crew…They were all on point, always pleasant and helpful, an absolute pleasure...so polite, very neat appearance, the place was beyond clean...The wedding staff... Jimmy, Kevin, Paula, Brittany(hope I didn't miss anyone)...where do I begin...You all made us feel like we were family. There was not one things that I regret or that I would have changed. The day far exceeded anything we could have imagined. I am glad that we sent so many people there before the wedding and I look forward to recommending even more people to have their events at The Farmhouse at The Grand Colonial.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Karen · Married on 06/25/2016

I stumbled upon The Farmhouse a few years before my wedding, simply because I loved the building while driving past. After searching A LOT of places and feeling so frustrated, I thought back to this building and booked a visit. The minute I walked in, I was SOLD! The food is all farm to table and SO delicious! My guests were all so happy with the cocktail hour and had a lot to say about the dinner! The room is open and yet intimate- I loved how peaceful the place felt as the night fell and the partying continued. It was such a wonderful day and night!

Kevin was FANTASTIC at absolutely EVERYTHING! He knows his business well and genuinely enjoys doing it. I have never met anyone who was as responsive and amazing as he was! He would go out of his way all of the time and never made me feel like a burden. He was brilliant with his ideas and creativity and handled everything so professionally! (I miss calling him multiple times a week now that the wedding is over! haha) When my band and photographer needed to be put in their place on the day of, Kevin handled everything in a professional- no nonsense manner and in the same breath, with a smile on his face for me. He was truly a class act.

On the day of my wedding, I had two wonderful women who helped with EVERYTHING we needed. Paula and Britney were so on top of everything and always one step ahead of me! When nerves and sweat (on a hot June day) came up, Paula was on it with wet Lavender cloths for me. My bridesmaids and I all got ready there and Paula was there from the beginning helping with everything! I could not say better things about these women!

My wedding was everything I had hoped it would be and more because of the beautiful venue and the wonderful and professional staff working there. I could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Colleen · Married on 09/26/2015

Jimmy & Kevin made our wedding absolutely perfect. The food was out of this world! Our guests still rave about it. They were so accommodating to make my vision come to life. We wouldn't have changed a thing & would do it all over again with the Farmhouse.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/15/2015

The Grand Colonial made our wedding dreams come true! We looked a LOT of venues (almost everywhere within a 30 minute commute) and the Grand Colonial was our last stop-- and thank goodness we kept searching until we found it! We got married August 15, 2015 and everything was absolutely PERFECT! We were a little nervous when new management took over after we had already committed to the venue, but Jimmy and Kevin quickly put our worries to ease. We met with them and not only did they honor everything in our contract, but they went above and beyond to make our wedding day truly magical. The venue is GORGEOUS, the food is amazing, and everything went so smoothly! Debbie was an absolute life saver and really went above and beyond to help with photos, make sure we ate/drank at our wedding and provided superior service in every aspect. Everyone raved about how great the cocktail hour was and the open porch was beautiful. Presentation was phenomenal-- they have a brand new dance floor, pin lighting that made our centerpieces really pop and the staff did a wonderful job to ensure even our picky eaters! Our day was so perfect I wish we could re-live it over and over again. The Grand Colonial is the perfect setting for any wedding and I will highly recommend it to all my family and friends. Couldn't have asked for more in a venue and incredible staff!!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

Dan and I had our ceremony and reception in July of 2015 at The Farmhouse at Grand Colonial. Kevin, Jimmy and Debbie worked with us planning the wedding and on the day of our wedding. They made everyone in the bridal party feel relaxed, loved and comfortable throughout the day. Debbie did an amazing job making sure I looked beautiful and I had everything I needed all the time. She was there to fix all the little things us ladies worry about; she fixed my dress, cleaned it when needed, fixed my hair during photos, found things in my suite I needed and consistently checked on the bridal party. I never thought I would get treatment like that by any means. She made it easy for me to be relaxed, comfortable and have a great day!

We have gotten nothing but positive feedback from people that attended the wedding about how beautiful the grounds were, how nice and professional the staff were, how great the food was and how much food there was (they thought the hors d'oeurves were dinner!), and how much fun they had. Dan and I can not stop talking about how great and perfect everything was. We wish we could do everything again or re-live the day, it definitely went way too fast!

Between the first class, white glove service, family and friends that gathered with us, it was an absolutely PERFECT start of our marriage and new chapter of our life! I highly recommend booking at The Farmhouse at the Grand Colonial because I LOVED it!

Sent on 09/17/2015

My wedding was amazing! Everyone raved about the food, and their team worked with us to give us the day we wanted, not some cookie-cutter typical Jersey thing. We are so pleased! Ours is the wedding everyone will be talking about for years, thanks to the Farmhouse!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Where do I start ? Our wedding at grand colonial was nothing short of amazing. Everything - food tasting, our ceremony, the table settings, the food, timing of the events, was perfectly executed. Dan, the manager, loves his job and will do everything to make you feel comfortable.
    His professional demeanor towards his clients and his positive attitude allowed us to forget about all the wedding stress and enjoy the big day. Even after a month, our guests are contacting us to let us know how much they enjoyed. Thank you Dan !

Sent on 05/21/2015