The Ellora Reviews

80 | Edison, NJ

80 Reviews for The Ellora

80 The Ellora Reviews

sitwat · Married on 04/19/2018

Amazing! Couldn’t be much happier and satisfied! Beautiful and spacious Venue, efficient and curteous staff, everything was just perfect.
    The manager Kathy did an excellent job and went above and beyond to satisfy my family’s requirements for the wedding. She was available from the time we first visited till the night of the event. She responded to all of my texts and arranged everything I wanted. It was a Pakistani wedding so some cultural part was involved too in the wedding planning and Ellora staff made it easy for us. I highly recommend it to anyone.
    Sitwat Malik

Rosanne · Married on 03/25/2017

We had our wedding there on 3/25/17. We can not believe how amazing it went. The staff went above and beyond, they really were like family to us the day of. Kathy never left our side, and really made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable. Ashley stayed in contact with us through the whole process of planning the wedding. She made the process easy for us. We were able to have our Ceremony & Reception there and would do it over and over again. The food was delicious!! Not one of our guest left on an empty stomach! Thank you so much to the Ellora Staff for making our day so special. Especially a shout out to Ashley and Kathy!!! :) We would highly recommend this venue for any event.

Ngozi · Married on 10/09/2016

The Ellora is a great venue. The staff at the Ellora are very friendly, with great customer service. I had my wedding reception at the Ellora on the 9th of October, 2016. I am very happy that I chose this venue. The food was great!!!! My guests still talk about the food and how great the staff were. Ashely, Kathy, and Manoj (the best chef ever) are wonderful people. I will definitely use The Ellora again for my next event. Thank you very much for all your help during my wedding reception. I am very grateful.

Deborah & Maqsood · Married on 10/01/2016

Kudos to the Ellora team for a flawless execution of our plans for a successful wedding event for our son. Our guests were full of praise for the quality and quantity of the food during both the cocktail hour and the buffet. The staff at Ellora were very accommodating in allowing us to include both Indian and Western inspired choices for the menu. The catering staff was efficient and it seemed like the many food items in the buffet were always full. The updated decor creates the pleasant ambiance to help you make your event a bigger success.

Ashley, who was our wedding coordinator, was always available for questions in the time leading up to the event. She was quick to respond to any emails we sent. At the event itself, both she and Peter were always within reach and eager to assist. The bride was provided with her own bridal assistant, Kathy, who was everywhere and always asking her and even us -- the parents of the groom and the hosts, whether we needed anything. She seemed to find us in the crowd whenever she happened to come out with fresh hors d'oeuvres. We highly recommend Ellora for both, Indian and non-Indian cuisine.

Nicole · Married on 12/12/2015

I had my company Holiday Party here and it was an awesome experience. The staff were all very helpful and made sure they made me feel like I was important and everything I needed they took care of. They definitely made sure the night was enjoyable and memorable. Everything was beautiful!

Robert · Married on 11/07/2015

We decided to have this wedding on pretty short notice (about 5 weeks) and went looking for a location that was both available and would take on a small wedding (40 guests). Our initial meeting with Rick, the GM, was very positive. He consistently put across the message that they were there to make our day special in the way we wanted it to be.

We liked that they have permanent flower arrangements and candles in the ceremony room that we were free to use. We liked the outside garden area as that was someplace we definitely wanted to take pictures in.

Because we were booking late he agreed to allow us to go below their usual 50 guest minimum. Their standard wedding menu is comprehensive with a generous cocktail hour followed by a meal with excellent entree choices.

Their smallest room (The Duchess) was perfectly sized for our gathering, so we chose that one. We hooked up with Samantha, our event planner to cover everything from soup to nuts. Of course their were a number of things that we hadn't thought of but we easily got those settled too.

The day of the event we were slightly nervous (of course) but shouldn't have been--at least about how they would handle their end of things. The room looked beautiful and both Rick and Samantha were on hand to make sure everything was on track. Our maitre de did a fabulous job of coordinating the cocktail hour, meal service, and cake cutting, and the wait staff could not have been more responsive. And the food was uniformly excellent. They were all over us (bride/groom) throughout to be sure that we had absolutely everything we needed. So nice.

Rick recently purchased this property and is the middle of upgrading every part of the facility. We sat on brand new chairs (so nice they don't need chair covers). The area outside the main entrance was just redecorated; new carpet is next.

They made our day special from start to finish. Thanks so much.

Jazmin · Married on 10/17/2015

I had my husband's 30th party on October 17, 2015. I must say this place was absolutely beautiful, the service was amazing, and the food was great. They were able to fit everything into my budget. All my guest told me that the food was so good. I couldn't ask for anything better. Thank you so much for everything, especially Rick and Samantha. I will be using you in the future.

• O

orlando · Married on 09/12/2015

from the moment my husband and I stepped into The Rosewood we knew we had to have our wedding in this venue . From the beginning we were treated with professionalism Rick and the staff made our special day a dream come true ,they are by far the best place for anyone to celebrate their special day . thanks to them our wedding day was special and beautiful our families and friends loved everything the food is amazing we so grateful for everything , thanks again

Brittney · Married on 12/13/2014

Nothing but good things to say about the Rosewood! They helped make our special day just that much more special! Patty was an absolute pleasure to work with and was always there when we needed her or had last minute seating re-arrangement! :) Every detail of the day was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for more. Our bridal attendant Connie was great as well and always managed to have a new drink at our table even before we were finished with our current ones! Again, nothing but good things about this place, the level of professionalism and staff far exceeded our expectations. Thanks again for everything you did for our special day!

Thanks!
    Brittney & Bill

Esmeralda · Married on 08/23/2014

We decided after looking through many venues to look into the Rosewood. After speaking to Patty and going through the hall I knew this was the place. They are super friendly and nice to work with and explain everything to you easily. My planner, Naomi, was an absolute delight to work with and made everything easy for me (especially decision making since I had to do most of them alone while my other half was in France). All I have to say is everything Came out Perfect and the food was Great! People where just talking about the great food they had for days. I do say you need to try that chateaubriand cause WOW so worth the little extra! Excellent people to work with and ease of mind that everything will go as planned! I'd do it all over again with them if I had the chance.

Megan · Married on 08/16/2014

The minute my husband and I stepped into the rosewood we knew this would be our venue. From the beggining we were greeted with such kindness and professionalism. The staff is just phenomenal. They are with you every step of the way. Naomi, made us feel so comfortable and taken care of everything ran so smoothly. And, the food was out of this world! The rosewood really made everything come together, it was beautiful!

Thank you so much!
    Megan & Jeffrey

• Dina

Dina · Married on 07/26/2014

The Rosewood was the best, all my friends and family love the venue, the staff was incredible very professional, all I kept hearing all night was the buffet spread was excellent the food was excellent, the staff did a excellent job attending to my needs as a bride, if I ever had to do another big event I would have it at the Rosewood. I have no complaints and was stress free the day of my wedding.

michele · Married on 07/25/2014

I saw The Rosewood at a bridal show and was invited to go to a private event they were hosting with more vendors. Once I showed up at the venue, I knew right away this was where my wedding was going to be. The Grand Ball room is BEAUTIFUL and PLENTY of space for my guests. The room was absolutely amazing, the service was excellent, and the price was just right. Patti and Naomi did a wonderful job assisting me with whatever needs I had or any questions and concerns I had. The suites were amazing and the staff itself the day of were fabulous. The food, omg, the food is mouth watering delicious! My husband and I received sooooo many compliments on how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was. The cocktail hour alone started off with a bang. The food there was incredible as well! Mike and I have no complaints whatsoever about this place and would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking for a elegant, yet simple place to be married. Even getting married on site was beautiful. Cobblestone walkway with an arch and it looks so beautiful inside. The flower garden was lovely to take pictures in and having that all to ourselves and then the bridal party was amazing. Best pictures I can think of. This place is amazing and I seriously would recommend this to everyone. The people are amazing, the price is right, and your guaranteed to have your guests telling you how beautiful the place is and how awesome the food is. Ask for Patti and your in amazing hands:) Once the wedding comes, Naomi will take care of you and let you be the princess you deserve for the day. AMAZING JOB GUYS THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH!!!

Amy · Married on 06/22/2014

I recently had my wedding at the Rosewood on June 22, 2014. The Rosewood was the first reception venue we looked at and we signed a contract before we left due to their pricing and value and the staff's kindness and excitement for our wedding! Any time we wanted to just stop by and see our venue while planning for the wedding they were more than welcoming and gave us a tour each and every time. When it came time to discuss the details of our wedding, Naomi was extremely attentive and took notes on every detail that we wanted. When we walked into the reception hall on the day of our wedding everything was absolutely perfect! Naomi worked very well with our dj and photographer. The wait staff was very attentive and kind to the guests (and one even danced with my mother in law! which made her very happy) When we were leaving at the end of the night I couldn't believe that nothing had gone wrong! When I mentioned that to Naomi she said, "Things always go wrong, but our job is to make sure you don't know about them." and she made sure that we were focused on enjoying our wedding. The entire wedding was absolutely flawless and perfect. I would definitely have another event at the Rosewood. The pricing and value for the delicious food was unbeatable. The Rosewood definitely made our wedding unforgettable!

Nick · Married on 06/07/2014

We chose to have our wedding reception at The Rosewood after reading many positive reviews, as well as by the recommendation of coworkers who also used them for a wedding reception. The planning staff was very flexible in helping us accommodate guests with special medical needs and allowing us to put many of our own personal touches on the appearance and décor at the venue. They were also very easy to work with when we had questions and concerns and always followed up quickly. The night of the wedding everything went very smooth because of their maître de (Naomi) and her staff. They kept all of the people in attendance happy and came through on everything they promised us. As for the food and wedding cake, the presentation and quality was wonderful. The Rosewood also worked closely with our entertainment company (Absolute Celebrations) and everything went off without a hitch to make for a great evening. In short, great service, great food, great staff. Thank you so much. Would definitely use The Rosewood again.

jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

We recently had our wedding Reception at the Rosewood. Between compliments on the site itself, the food, the helpful staff, and how perfect everything was I can not think of having had a better wedding. From the moment you walk into the Rosewood you are part of their "family" and taken care of. They go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect. The mini ice cream cones don't hurt making the day perfect either. Naomi was our Maitre D and we also worked closely with Patty. They are an awesome team. The site itself is beautiful and the centerpieces they provide are wonderful. There were so many wonderful little things that the Rosewood has that make it a perfect place to have your reception. The price is budget friendly and you get to have a spectacular wedding without having to spend millions of dollars. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone and everyone to use the Rosewood. I can't wait to be able to use them again for a party or event.

Melanie was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you!

Charles & Janet · Married on 11/08/2013

My daughter and son in law were married at the Rosewood on November 8, 2013. Melanie and Patty did an amazing job. They catered to all of our needs. The food was outstanding. No one that attended left there hungry. In the days that followed we received calls from the guests raving about the food and the service. The ceremony, DJ and the photographer were all part of the deal that went flawlessly from start to finish. Thanks for a great memory.

I had my wedding at The Rosewood on November 8th 2013. I had looked at multiple places to have my wedding when I found them. They had an amazing winter wedding package that was almost to good to believe. They included a DJ and photographer that were both amazing. Patty and Melanie made sure our day went as smooth as possible. Where most halls would charge you extra for every little thing The Rosewood was including in our package. We got married on the premises in a beautiful ceremony room. There food was absolutely amazing and the biggest complaint i got was that people were so full from overeating at all the delicious food from the cocktail hour they couldn't finish dinner. the Rosewood has beautiful centerpieces that i used and also supplied us with our beautiful and delicious wedding cake that perfectly matched our invitations. i would highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a amazing wedding.

Nahid · Married on 09/29/2013

Held my sister's bridal shower at The Rosewood and I couldn't have been happier. I dealt with Patty for all of the planning and leading up to the event. She was so wonderful at getting back to me and very accommodating. She worked out the perfect party for my budget and everything was so easy. The day of the shower, the entire staff was so courteous and VERY attentive. Anytime I needed anything, they were right there, ready to help or figure it out. We had a "ladies only" party and every single person was so respectful of making sure no men entered our room. They provided an all female staff and these girls were wonderful! They were very professional and they ran everything so smoothly. My guests were very impressed with how beautiful the hall is and I know a few people will definitely be returning for their own parties. I would HIGHLY recommend The Rosewood to any one of my friends! Thanks to them for making it such an incredible day!

• Caridad & Ronny

Caridad · Married on 09/28/2013

We are so happy to have The Rosewood be the caterer for our wedding and venue. We loved the food, and professionalism. All of our guests loved all the food at the cocktail and especially the Latin dishes such as pernil, and ceviche. There were so much food that people had seconds and even took some home. Everyone loved our signature drink as well. Everyone loved the atmosphere. Wanted to thank our Matron Dee Laura, she was so wonderful and helpful with our all our wishes. Also have a great staff from our servers and bartender and very approachable. All of our guest are still talking about the food. Thank you for making our wedding the unforgettable special day and talk of the year. You guys are the BEST!! Mr. & Mrs. Tavarez

Jennifer · Married on 09/28/2013

I knew I would have a great time at my wedding but it was even better than I could have ever imagined. The Rosewood was a big part of making it a perfect night. First I have to say they were very helpful leading up to the wedding. Anytime I had any questions or concerns I just had to call and there was always someone there who was ready to help me. In conversation they would give us ideas or make suggests, which I appreciated because I know they have seen a lot of weddings and know what works. I used a few ideas like adding a candy bar and giving people an option to pick what to toast with instead of just using Champaign. I also felt like The Rosewood is always trying to improve them selves based on experience. For example, we also had our ceremony at The Rosewood (which by the way they have one of the most beautiful ceremony rooms I had seen when shopping around for venues and I saw A LOT) we fell in love with the ceremony room when we first saw it but when we went back a few months later they had added an arch in the back of the room. When I asked if it was something new they said they added it because they realized it made pictures of the bride walking down they aisle better based on what they saw in past pictures. We had a lot of gimmicks at our wedding and The Rosewood was willing to work with us on all of them. They coordinated with the DJ and bakery for our surprise grooms' cake and rolled with the punches on all our last minute ideas. I would recommend anyone planning on having an event to highly consider The Rosewood. It's a beautiful venue, they offer more than most places and the quality of food and service is AMAZING. Thank you to everyone at The Rosewood for giving us our Perfect Day!!!

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2013

I worked with Patty when putting together the contract and she was great. We were debating on whether or not to have ceremony on site and she didn't push us in any direction but did allow us to pencil in a date. She also gave some tips on locations in the area. She worked within our budget and had the answers we needed.

As the date got closer, we were introduced to Melanie (our Maitre D) and she was just as great. Melanie has such a calming presence which is very helpful for a bride leading up to her wedding.

The staff at the reception were great as well. Very observant and attentive!

Pros:
    Staff is Great
    Budget Friendly
    Good Food
    Near Hotels
    Smells Good (odd but important)

Cons:
    Not their fault it's in a bit of a "strip mall"

If you're looking for a wedding venue in the area definitely give the Rosewood a try!!! Attend one of their bridal shows!

Veronica · Married on 09/01/2013

We had the dream wedding I always wanted at The Rosewood. My husband and I knew this was the perfect place right when I had walked in. I always loved the style inside of this place but The Rosewood has made it spectacular. Every time we would stop by the staff was always friendly and very helpful. They made you almost feel like family whenever you came in. The whole planning process was made very easy. Our family came for our tasting where they provided a wide variety of items to taste, all delicious and all included. We loved the wedding cake they provided to us and of course the great selection of cakes we got to taste.
    We had the upstairs room for our cocktail hour and wedding in two separate rooms both decorated beautifully with lighting that they added soon after we chose them. (just another great thing they added along the experience.) I also had the room located over the driveway entrance which is a wonderful place for photos especially since it rained all day on my wedding. The service was amazing. My husband and I had someone that basically stuck with us and catered to our every wish on our special day. Our Maitre D', Melanie was wonderful and helped us with so many ideas like a photo booth. Our guests still rave about the food and service. One of my co-workers that attended the wedding and recently got engaged went back to check it out the following week. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Janaya · Married on 07/28/2013

Melanie and staff were great!!! They made sure everything was perfect for us on our wedding day. They helped everyone with seating arrangements. We didn't have to do anything but have fun. At the end of the night they packed everything up for us and even allowed guests to take their leftovers home!!! We are so glad we chose The Rosewood for our special day.. It was Epic!! Jeff and Ja'Naya Joubert