The Dominion Club Reviews

119 | Glen Allen, VA

119 Reviews for The Dominion Club

Victoria L. 路 Married on 10/02/2020

Amazing venue!

Our wedding was held at the Dominion Club on 10.2.2020. It was the best night of your life, and we want to do it all over again! The Dominion Club is a beautiful venue, has an amazing view, the food is delicious and they have a wonderful staff. Genevieve was our wedding coordinator. She was absolutely amazing, we owe it all to her. Genevieve is kind, responsive, respectful, and made our vision come to life. She was patient, and held us decide on a lot of details for the reception. Genevieve was always calm, cool and collected. We loved her and put all our trust into her that night. She was amazing, and we couldn鈥檛 thank her enough!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Carlette

Carlette S. 路 Married on 08/14/2020

Great experience thus far!

I had so many questions and they took the time to answer every single one. They have been extremely patient, helpful and flexible. I鈥檓 excited to have my wedding there.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Tzeira F. 路 Married on 04/11/2020

Memorable Event

We chose this venue because it could accommodate our guest list. Our wedding was scheduled for April 4, 2020 but COVID threw a wrench in our date so we were married on July 3, 2020. Our guest list dwindled in half but the venue was extremely accommodating. Genevieve was awesome and made sure that we had everything that we needed. I would high recommend this venue just make sure you have a day of coordinator because you will need it

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Kate

Kate 路 Married on 01/25/2020

Excellent across all areas

Phyllis, Genevieve, and the whole TDC team made the wedding planning process an absolute breeze. They were insightful, flexible, and detail oriented without being overwhelming. They made our receptions perfectly personalized, but their space is absolutely dream-like. It was the perfect day and night!

Sent on 02/15/2020

The Dominion Club's reply:

Kate - you and Andy were such a beautiful couple! Thank you for allowing us to host you two here! Best wishes
  • Lisa

Lisa 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Better than my dream wedding

When I hired my vendors
    I did not know how everything would come together but Liza and Phyllis at TDC pulled everything together and made everything literally perfect. Liza is literally a miracle worker on the day of the wedding she told me not to worry about anything and relax (I鈥檓 a control freak so I needed to see) but I went in the bridal suite and when I came out for the wedding everything was literally better than I could have imagined it. Every single thing was perfect. It was beautiful, the food was delicious and I鈥檓 just so grateful for the experience at TDC.

Sent on 09/04/2019

The Dominion Club's reply:

Lisa & Mark

Thanks for allowing us to share in your glorious day ! What a beautiful couple you are and your family & friends are wonderfully supportive. You are part of The Dominion Club family now, so when you are in town from Alabama you better stop by for lunch and a visit !

Godspeed
    Phyllis & Liza

Rebecca 路 Married on 12/28/2018

Wouldn't change a thing!

We got married at the Dominion Club this past December and everything was perfect. What we loved most about the Club was everything that they had available for us to use - it truly is an all inclusive venue! We initially had the idea of getting married outside (I know, sounds crazy for a December wedding) but due to rain moved the ceremony inside. At first I was a little nervous to do the ceremony inside because it wasn't what I had envisioned initially, but it was perfect! All of our guests got a fantastic view of the ceremony, and everyone raved about how intimate it felt! The food was absolutely delicious - we are still getting compliments on it! Liza and Phyllis were fantastic to work with. Before the wedding, they were both involved in the entire planning process and were always very prompt with communication. The day of the wedding, they made sure that everything that we wanted or needed was taken care of and made sure that the entire night ran smoothly. They made a great team and whenever I needed something Liza or Phyllis was there! Our wedding was absolutely everything we envisioned it to be and owe it all to the Dominion Club and their fantastic staff!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Michelle 路 Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Venue for our Dream Wedding!

I can't say enough positive things about The Dominion Club. I initially found TDC online and booked a tour, but wasn't sure about the idea of getting married at a country club. My mind was totally changed when we visited for the first time! TDC is beautiful, elegant, and not stuffy like I imagine a country club would be. The space is perfect for an indoor/outdoor wedding. We were blessed with great weather, so we were able to get married outside and have the reception inside (which is what I wanted before even getting engaged!). We had the bar on the patio, which made TDC feel even more spacious. The wedding coordinator we originally worked with left a few months before our wedding, so we were slightly worried when we heard about that, but we shouldn't have given it a second thought because Liza and Phyllis are amazing. They are a great team and between the two of them, we had everything we ever wanted on our special day. Last but not least, the food was AMAZING! Our guests are still talking about how delicious it was. Thank you, TDC, for making our day everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Amanda 路 Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Wedding Venue!

The Dominion Club was the first venue I looked at and the last. I booked them and knew it was the perfect venue without even going to see the other venues I had planned on visiting! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, inside and outside, but it is a one-stop-shop, which took away the stress of finding additional vendors and all the costly wedding d茅cor. They even supply sparklers for the send off! I loved how you could have the ceremony inside or outside, which also took the stress away of potential bad weather. Not only is it gorgeous and they supply almost everything, but the food was incredible as well. I am still getting compliments on it! Phyllis and Liza are the event coordinators there and I cannot say enough good things about the both of them! They were both involved in the whole planning process and were both there the day of the wedding to make sure everything was perfect and running smoothly. They were in constant communication with us and allowed us to visit the venue whenever we wanted. TDC exceeded our expectations and made our wedding a night we will never forget. I highly recommend booking with them! You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Clemmie 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Highly Recommend

My experience thus far has been amazing, my planner is awesome and just as excited as I am for my wedding in June. TDC even had a mock setup party so you can see how everything will look before your wedding day. And to top it all off it's a one stop shop. What more could you ask for!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Summer 路 Married on 04/21/2018

Everyone said our wedding was breathtaking and loved TDC. We had a ball, the whole team was amazing and the process was so stressless for me 鉂わ笍

Sent on 06/08/2018

Brooke 路 Married on 10/21/2017

I don鈥檛 know how to say enough good things about this venue. My husband and I had the best day of our lives at The Dominion Club. It can only be described as 鈥榤agical鈥! From start to finish, every staff member was a pleasure to work with. They made planning our wedding easy and fun. I love that it is an all-inclusive venue, it really simplifies things. Not to mention the food is amazing! The value for the money is unbeatable! They are a well-oiled machine communicating back and forth with each other over their headsets all day to ensure everything runs smoothly. They thought of everything, every single detail was covered. They did a phenomenal job of decorating and when I walked in on the wedding day, it literally took my breath away. It was even better than I ever could have envisioned. On the day of the wedding I felt like a celebrity. I had my own attendant to fluff my dress, and make sure I had everything I needed. At one point, my shoes got mud on them and she got down and scrubbed them off for me. I was blown away at how attentive she and the rest of the staff were. We definitely got spoiled! The venue is the perfect setting for a wedding, so elegant and fancy. Every guest that we spoke to said it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to. We highly recommend The Dominion Club for anybody鈥檚 big day鈥攜ou will not be sorry!

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • F

Fatima 路 Married on 09/03/2017

I love TDC! Davis and the staff are a "dream team". I am happy that I decided with TDC. Their responsiveness to questions, concerns, and my off the wall ideas is spot on. I appreciate that almost every vendor in Richmond has nothing but great things to say about TDC, which has afforded has discounts with outside vendors due to booking with TDC. Although this is a popular venue, Davis and her team do a great job making each wedding unique.

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • F

Fatima 路 Married on 09/03/2017

I had my wedding here on September 3, 2017 and it was the best decision to use TDC as my venue! I really loved the fact that it is a "one-stop shop" as far as having a venue that is pretty much all inclusive. They have a variety of decor, lighting, monogram/personalize wall or dance floor light features, sparkler send-off, Bridal party suite...the list goes on. I worked with Davis and Jamie and they were always responsive to my weekly (sometimes daily emails). They deliver a 5-star experience from tasting to wedding. My guests LOVED the food (as did my husband and I) I appreciated that there were options with regard to where the ceremony could be held. The landscape is gorgeous and you will not be lacking options for photo backdrops! TDC was very accommodating to my needs/wants and any issue that came up they were responsive to it. Overall, I loved having my wedding at TDC and my guests thought it was flawless!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Tara 路 Married on 06/10/2017

Amazing Place!

My husband and I just had our wedding on October 9, 2020. Genevieve was amazing to work with and was so accommodating. The floral arrangements, coordinating of the vendors and wedding day timeline that Genevieve organized was perfect. The food was great and The Dominion Club is absolutely beautiful- our guests kept complimenting how wonderful everything was. If you are looking for an elegant venue with amazing service and customizable food options we highly recommend TDC!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Lorianne 路 Married on 04/22/2017

The Dominion Club, where to start?

If you want a wedding with ZERO stress, and a place that does everything from the food down to the place cards this is the place for you.

Davis and Caroline the main event planners are fantastic. They are so nice and very responsive with emails and questions.

The Club itself is very well maintained, has a beautiful setting that is great for pictures. For my wedding of 130 I thought it was a great size and not crowded at all.

Their d茅cor options is great and they do everything from custom lighting, centerpieces, and all of the day of stationary. All of my guests loved the column drapery, ring of fire candles, and chalkboard signs.

The food and bar selections are great and there is a wide variety to choose from.

The week of the wedding I was able to stop by and see everything being set up which really helped to calm my nerves.

The rehearsal was a breeze and Davis really knows how to run the show. The wedding day was super easy, we were supposed to have our ceremony outside but they weather had its own ideas, so it was moved to inside, but I didn't care because everything was completely beautiful. Everyone from the coordinators to the servers are very professional, polite, and attentive.

If I have a chance to do another party it would be here!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Jovita 路 Married on 04/07/2017

Me and my family loved everything about the venue!! I wish the weather was better so they could of explored the whole venue but even with us just being inside my wedding turned out great!!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Kristie 路 Married on 11/11/2016

This was the perfect venue in every way. Caroline and Davis made sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. They kept things in line the day of the event and made things run smoothly.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Christine 路 Married on 09/18/2016

The Dominion Club made my now husband and I have the fairy tale wedding! From the moment, I had my initial meeting, I knew I was going to be happy with this as our venue. First, the staff esp Davis and Caroline are absolutely wonderful. They are incredibly helpful and accommodating. They have so many options and choices to make the day magical. Also, many venues charge extra for tables/chairs/linens... this is all included in the price which might I add is extremely reasonable. There is a minimum you have to meet for food and drink but the price to get in the door just can't be beat. They truly care about your day and try their very best to do whatever it is that you need. My "helper" for the day was Dori and I loved her! She was always around when I needed her and helped keep me calm and relaxed. The organization cannot be beat. You have a planning packet that pretty much takes you step by step to plan the entire wedding. Then you e-mail it back and forth till everything is perfect. They are so good with communication also! E-mails are always answered within a day and if the person you are e-mailing is out for whatever reason, someone else responds to you. They are in constant communication with each other which makes a huge difference. All of the guests had a wonderful time and the food was amazing. My husband describes it was a "fairy tale" wedding and we loved every minute of our day. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for making it wonderful! If you are looking for a venue, I would highly recommend The Dominion Club. ~Christine and Judah~

Sent on 09/22/2016
  • Hope

Hope 路 Married on 07/31/2016

This past weekend my fiance and I signed with The Dominion Club for our wedding on July 31st, 2016! We are so excited to hold our ceremony and reception there in 6 months. Davis and her staff already have made the wedding planning process so easy and I cannot wait to have our big day there in just 6 months!! I totally recommend booking your upcoming wedding at The Dominion Club! It's so gorgeous and they offer so much to take off the stress of the wedding planning! Can't wait to say I Do there!

Sent on 02/01/2016
  • Janelle & Nathaniel

Janelle 路 Married on 07/29/2016

Very excited - just booked, can't wait!

Sent on 02/18/2016
  • Jenna

Jenna 路 Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot say enough great things about TDC. Davis and Caroline and the rest of the TDC staff made wedding planning a breeze. They really listened to us and made all of our visions a reality. Every part of the day went smoothly. We really loved how inclusive TDC is because the rentals of little things can get pricey and it was so much fun picking out our decor and paying hardly anything for what we wanted! Thank you so much for making our special day so incredible!!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Shanee 路 Married on 05/21/2016

The idea of a fairytale wedding couldn't have been more realistic at this venue, true perfection! From the always available staffing, to the perfectly coordinated night, the dominion club certainly provided the optimal location for our wedding ceremony and reception. And not to mention they implemented a rain-day change of setup without hesitation, keeping the bride from freaking out by all means! I absolutely love them, Davis especially!

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • Future Mrs.Barner

Monique 路 Married on 10/18/2015

We had our wedding and reception at The Dominion Club. Davis and her entire crew were amazing!!! They run a well oiled ship that knows how to handle the wedding business. You can tell when it is "just another wedding" but with TDC, they really care for each couple and family. They even sent us a cute Christmas card!! From the time we paid our deposit, there was non-stop communication and assistance from Davis. Even when she is off work that day, she is quick on email! Planning a wedding is stressful but working with her eased my stress level. Working with Caroline on wedding day was amazing as well, she was very attentive and funny. Such a good spirit!

The venue is of course perfect. The formal photos came out beautifully. Not to mention, the food was amazing and all our guests raved about it!!!

Book TDC today!!! You will not regret it.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Heather 路 Married on 10/10/2015

The Dominion Club was such an AMAZING venue for our wedding in October. The venue itself and the views are beautiful and the staff was beyond helpful and so accommodating. We loved working with Davis throughout our whole planning process especially since we were doing all our planning while living in another state. She helped our vision come to life and also walked us through a few hiccups! The food and drinks were so delicious our guests are still talking about it over a month later! The entire staff were professional, caring, helpful and really made everyone feel right at home. I wish we could do it all over again! The compliments we have received have emphasized how beautiful and classy The Dominion club is with a cozy, fun and intimate atmosphere. Thanks again to the staff...y'all are the best!

Sent on 11/18/2015