32 Reviews for The Day Of Company

Religious (8)
Non-Religious (4)
Cultural (2)
32 The Day Of Company Reviews

Working with Joanna was by far one of the best decisions we made leading up to our wedding. She’s smart, personable, and incredibly organized, and she made everything a breeze! Throughout the planning process, she was available for occasional questions of advice, she also sent over a bunch of vendor recommendations, and she put together spreadsheets to organize our vendors/ key people, items we needed day of, and the day of timeline. She’s always unbelievably level-headed, realistic, and cheerful and was one of the most calming forces throughout the entire process. And at the wedding, she was there for whatever we needed - from helping me take on and off my difficult shoes to clean my feet of gravel and put bandaids on blisters, to anticipating every time I would be thirsty, to literally taking on and off my dress every time I had to go the bathroom. No task was too big or too small, and we even ended up running early! I cannot stress enough how incredible it was to work with her and how essential she was to making our day as magical as possible. THANK YOU, JOANNA!

Profile Picture Jaycee, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

I read a LOT of reviews; some feel like it's from a friend or a family member... they are SO amazing. Trust me- I am neither, but I can only rave about The Day Of Company and Joanna. From our first phone call, it was clear that Joanna was going to be my partner in creating the dream wedding for my daughter. In advance of the wedding , I could call her with any question I had, and she got back to me immediately with excellent and thoughtful advice. At our meeting before the wedding, she came prepared and informed, asking pertinent questions, many of which I had never thought of. And from the moment she arrived on the wedding day, she took charge. She did EVERYTHING: from making sure everyone was on time and in their place, to feeding the wedding party, to helping me into my outfit. She was so pleasant; always smiling, never seemed to be rushing and yet everything was done. All I had to do was enjoy the day. She handled all of the vendors, set-up, logistics. She even made a critical weather decision, which turned out to be crucial and perfect. At the wedding, she made sure the ceremony went off perfectly, attended to every detail of the evening; the bride and groom always had water, all of the speakers were in their place and ready for their moment, she carried lipstick for me and the bride. And the amazing thing was that I never saw her, but when I looked for her she was right there... incredible. I cannot even begin to thank her for her professionalism from beginning to end. Her experience is illustrated by her contantly thinking ahead, and reading the situation for any snags... and there were none, because of Joanna. Do yourself a favor; hire The Day Of Company for your wedding. It will be the single most important decision you will make... outside of choosing a spouse :)

Profile Picture Susan, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Joanna was hands down the most important decision we made. My husband and I were unsure if we really needed a day of coordinator but this was absolutely the best decision we made. Joanna helped so much not only on our wedding day but in the months leading up to our wedding. Anytime I had a question she was always so helpful and professional. Joanna helped with absolutely everything on the wedding day to setting up our day of items to steaming bridesmaid dresses and always making sure I had something to eat and drink. Joanna was quick to solve any problem that arose and made sure that my husband and I as well as my mom and maid of honor could just enjoy the day and not worry. We could not have enough kind words about joanna she was so sweet and kind which is so necessary with someone who will be with you all day. We cannot thank her enough and would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Dana, 6/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I planned my entire wedding down to every detail- the caterer, the tent, the church, the napkins, plates and flowers. I hired The Day Of 3 days before my wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. My only regret was not hiring them sooner. Joanna was so completely thorough and amazing, being certain to consider all of my planning and wishes, and Molly arrived the day of and helped just as I had hoped she would.

Profile Picture Lorraine, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

I absolutely cannot imagine my wedding without Joanna and Audra! I did not have a wedding planner and had no idea what I was doing - The Day of Crew guided me through the final weeks leading me up to my wedding, including raising questions or making suggestions that never would have occurred to me without them. On the day of, our coordinator Audra was incredible, she made sure everything ran perfectly. I was totally relaxed with her running the show and she could not have done it better. Great value too and cannot recommend The Day Of Co enough!!

Profile Picture Lili, 6/1/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

From our very first conversation with Joanna all the way to the end of our wedding night Joanna was a superstar! She made planning so easy and was extremely helpful. She had tons of ideas and options and would go over every little detail, especially important things that you forget (since you're so busy planning) to make sure your day goes seamlessly. She goes over all logistics of the day, your timeline, makes sure to know who people are, brings a whole kit of things you didn’t even know you needed (like wipes for your armpits because you will be sweaty). She’s not afraid to get dirty, she’s on the floor bustling my dress, running through sand for me and the bridal party as well - making sure we have our bouquets or we were in the right place at the right time, will bring you water, has mints on hand and soooo much more. It was important to her to reach out to all our vendors so she would know who they were and they would know who she is if there were any questions/problems she would be a main point of contact. She worked well with everyone and got a long great with our families and bridal party. She was a much NEEDED addition to our day and we couldn’t thank her enough for all her help. I would HIGHLY recommend her!! She comes with a huge smile, great energy and is always a step or two ahead of you. If you think you don’t need her you’ll be surprised and so happy throughout your wedding day that she is there! Thank you Jo!! -K&N

Profile Picture Kim, 6/1/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Joanna was an amazing resource when it came to making the vision for our wedding come to life.

Being in the wedding industry myself, I've worked with my fair share of planners, but Joanna was one for the books.

I certainly did not give Joanna an easy task as my ceremony space was in a separate location than my reception space. To make things even crazier, the wedding was on the Lower East Side, during rush hour on a Friday!

Joanna met with both my husband and myself for a few check in's before the big day and did an amazing job at calming my pre-wedding jitters by creating a schedule for the day of with suggestions for minor details that definately would have otherwise slipped my mind.

On the day of the wedding, Joanna had already contacted all of my vendors for status updates and arrived early with her checkboard in hand. No task was too small for Joanna as she continued to do everything within her power to make sure the day ran smoothly.

No wedding day is free of hiccups and Joanna was able to solve every issue that was thrown at us, all while making sure that myself, as the bride, was stress-free and relaxed.

I can honestly say that hiring Joanna was the absolute best decision that I've made in regards to my big day (other than selecting my husband of course.) Thanks again for making our wedding so special Joanna!

Best,
Brianne & Tom

Profile Picture Brianne, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

The Day of Company was recommend to us by our venue (NYBG) and we booked Joanna after one phone call. She assigned Audra to our day and we could not be more grateful and happy we did! Throughout the six months leading up to the wedding, Joanna provided suggestions and help with vendors. About a month out we sat down with her and Audra and walked through every detail imaginable. On the day of our wedding, Audra was invaluable! We definitely didn’t realize all the coordination required to pull off a wedding, and without Audra we would have been so helpless! She was amazing and kind and kept us grounded and moving throughout the day. If you do nothing else, book the Day Of Company!! They are worth every penny and allowed us to actually enjoy our day. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Non-Religious, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Joanna and Amanda were fantastic! I cannot say enough, they were professional, attentive and organized. We had a long day and Joanna literally woke up with me (the bride) and the groom. We started at 5am and ended with a limo to the airport to go to Paris by 5pm. Many transitions and organizational factors came in to play! Joanna had a schedule and took notes, never missed a beat. Joanna was a huge part of my weddings success and ultimately ran the show. I am beyond grateful for my well planned, well organized, beautiful and timely wedding. Thank you to the “day of” team!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

If you haven't already hired Joanna, YOU NEED TO. From extensive candle set up in our reception space to dress steaming to wrangling our huge bridal party, Joanna and team played an integral part in our day and we truly couldn not have done it without her. They handled every curve ball with ease and helped contributed to the flawless flow of the days events. They kept the mood light and made sure my husband and I were stress free allowing us to fully take in the immense joy and happiness we felt on our wedding day!

Profile Picture alea, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Joanna as our day of coordinator and also had her present during our rehearsal the night before the wedding. Joanna was an essential part of our day and we wouldn't have made it through without her! During our planning call and in-person meeting, Joanna was just as excited about our wedding as we were. She is very detail oriented and organized and after meeting her, I knew we would be in good hands. She helped our wedding party get through the rehearsal (most of whom had never been in a wedding before) and kept everything running smoothly the day of the wedding. During our reception we had some last minute changes to the timeline, but Joanna kept me in the loop at all times and everything worked out perfect. She made sure everything was packed up and returned to our apartment at the end of the night and made our day worry free and as stress free as it could be!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

To put it quite simply, the vision that my husband and I spent months and months planning and preparing for, would not have been made possible without Joanna. She worked literal magic on our DIY centerpieces in her role as Gardener Extraordinaire, coordinated with our vendors before and during our wedding to make sure that every last detail we asked for, was perfectly executed, and served as our go-to person during every single minute that transpired, right down to the mini-can of Static Guard my gown desperately needed that she carries in her Mary Poppins Day Of bag. Joanna is full of grace, a cheerful can-do attitude, and kindness. We are beyond thankful for everything she did for us and the she handled every last detail with amazing accuracy, timeliness, and organization. We never truly knew how much we needed a Day Of coordinator until we found her standing right next to us, every step of the way.

Profile Picture Victoria, 1/20/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Joanna was probably the BEST thing I did for my wedding!

As a super detail oriented person who likes to be in control - having Joanna was 110% necessary. She totally took over everything so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. From the moment she arrived to the moment she left, she made sure each detail was perfectly in place and at the same time, it was like she wasn't even there. She was literally everywhere I couldn't be. I didn't have to ask her for a single thing because she was always 1 step ahead of me.

From just one face-to-face meeting and one phone call prior to the wedding, she knew exactly where everything (and everyone) needed to be. Communicating with her was not a task, we met over coffee and it was literally like meeting with a friend who ONLY wanted to talk about YOU and YOUR wedding (I mean, c'mon, what's better than that?!)

Plus, she's a bride-to-be herself, so she really gets it and was able to click with my bridesmaids, which was something i didn't think about at first but turned out to be such a plus.

I really owe so much to Joanna - I was truly able to enjoy my day thanks to her and I highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From the moment I talked on the phone with Joanna I was sold. From beginning to end Joanna was nothing but amazing. Her personality shines through and on such a stressful day it's refreshing to have that spirit around. She is always one step ahead of every scenario for your big day. Joanna made our special day stress free. Joanna even stepped in from preventing an awkward situation with a vendor and coordinated with the venue to make sure everything was in place as we discussed. I cannot thank Joanna enough for her time and her work that day. She truly made the day come together and for that I am forever grateful. I can look back on my wedding day knowing it was one of the best days of our lives.

Profile Picture Chrisitne, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

Joanna was absolutely amazing. I cannot even put into words how grateful I was to have her there. She made the day run smoothly and she was beyond helpful. At one point, I thought I would marry her instead of my husband!! Lol. She is the best and any bride would love her!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jess, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We brought on Joanna as our Day of Coordinator and couldn't have been happier with the decision. Joanna was energetic, thoughtful, and calm throughout the process. Even though we engaged her primarily with the intent of making sure everything runs smoothly the day of the wedding, she met with us several times in advance of the wedding and answered numerous emails, which helped us draw out and solidify an excellent Plan A as well as a Plan B and C (in case of rain or cold weather - our wedding was in November). In fact, we ended up having to decide to move forward with our alternative plan the day before the wedding and Joanna was able to work with us and other key players to make sure everyone was ready. Even our guests were impressed with her and commented on how well-organized and professional she was in directing everyone throughout the day. Most of all, she was such a pleasure to get to know and to work with! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Hanna, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are getting married in the NYC area and are toying with the idea of a day of coordinator, find Joanna as fast as you can and book her immediately. In fact, don’t book your wedding date before finding out if she is available. She’s that great. There are so many ways to describe her: she is the consummate professional, she is responsive, she is funny, she is gracious, and most importantly, she is exceptionally on point in terms of executing your plans and bringing out your vision. My wedding was 11/4/17, and as I told her, she was the true hero of the day, effortlessly managing the intricacies of multiple personalities and administrative bungles to really bring out the best in everyone. Our wedding would not have been the success that it was but for her and both families have been singing her praises for weeks. I have been to dozens of weddings, have spoken to many a bride and groom, and no one has been as happy with their wedding planner or day of coordinator as we were with Joanna. Fantastic experience!

Profile Picture Deidre, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Should I start with the part where she was the unsung hero of the wedding? That when I had major bride brain and Joanna was my external memory? The fact that she is a mom and bride whisperer (TM)? That she answered every question and panicked email? That she literally climbed a ladder to cover up a sign (oh the behind-the-scenes action photos that we have...)? That my family is dead serious about adopting her?

Working with Joanna had to be one of the best decisions we made leading up to our wedding day, and I don't say that lightly. I had a DIY wedding with a lot of personalities, two big families, and a ton of moving pieces, and she made it all look like a walk in the park. I didn't find out until after the wedding how many things she handled on the fly (Lost mom with the cake? No big deal! The cake topper mysteriously disappeared? Don't mind me while I just fashion one out of some decor. Sign needs to be covered? I'll climb the ladder myself, that's cool.)

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. From the first phone call to the first in-person meeting, working with Joanna is like working with your very best (and organized) friend. Nothing phases her, she is absolutely phenomenal and so much fun. We literally could not have pulled off the wedding without her! She is a legend in my family, and our only regret is not getting to keep her forever.

Profile Picture Leani, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cultural, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

My husband and I debated whether or not we should have a day of coordinator, and hiring Joanna was honestly the best decision we could have made. She was an absolute rockstar and helped both of us not only keep our sanity, but truly enjoy every minute of our special day. She kept the calm, was extremely organized and was just so wonderful to work with. She confidently and assertively coordinated each detail with all of our vendors, playing quarterback on all fronts. We could go on and on, but suffice to say that if you're looking for a day of planner, look no further. Call Joanna! You'll be so glad that you did. -Amanda & Pete

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

I have no words to adequately describe Joanna's contribution to our wedding. My husband wants to adopt her and I'm wondering if I should have married her instead. Aside from being one of the loveliest, bubbliest people you'll ever meet, she made the entire process easy, seamless and fun. She handled every little detail that I really didn't want to deal with and we were just able to enjoy our amazing day. Nothing was ever a problem for her, she just handled it all. I cannot recommend her highly enough. My wedding was 3 days ago and I miss her already! Do not hesitate to hire her she'll be the best choice you make!

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joanna is a MUST for your wedding. Not only is she creative, diligent, flexible and simply ON IT for your wedding, she is accommodating to your hectic planning and schedule. She literally immerses herself in your wedding time table and executes your vision with no flaws. I also think as an individual she is extremely professional but knows how to have fun and vibe with guests, bridal party, and vendors. My wedding was a Hindu, Jamaican/Tanzanian wedding and she def coordinated and made sure all cultures were reflected during my wedding itinerary. So happy to have had Joanna, she was one of the best decisions I made while planning for my wedding and she will be for you too!

Profile Picture Ramona, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Joanna is a winner. She brings enthusiasm, professionalism, thoroughness, and expertise. She thinks of everything ahead of time and is at all the right places when you need her on the day of the wedding! My whole wedding party had positive comments about what a great help she was. She'll do everything from run and grab you food while you're getting ready, to accept delivery of flowers, to conveying preferences to the photographer, to quickly fixing your train in photos. Also, in the run up to the day, she was always an e-mail or phone call away if I wanted a quick tie-breaker input on things or if there were moderate logistical changes to plan that I wanted to talk through with her. I highly recommend Joanna for any wedding planning needs!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Religious

I will be forever thankful we hired Joanna's company to assist with our daughter's wedding! Joanna is extremely organized, professional, kind and overall just a lovely person. She even attended the last fitting to learn all of the details of the wedding dress bustle - (not an easy task)! With her help, I was able to relax and enjoy every minute of our daughter's wedding and reception knowing that she had all of the details covered. Joanna definitely rates "five stars" from our family!!!

Profile Picture Sue, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Joanna was one of the most important parts of our seamless, beautiful day. There were so many small details that Joanna took care of all day and night, and we never worried about a thing. Joanna was so positive and welcoming to our families and friends, and invisibly took care of anything that came up. She is a wonderful coordinator who was an absolute pleasure to spend our wedding day with.

Profile Picture A. L., 7/16/17, 3 Reviews