The Day Of Company Reviews

46 | New York, NY

46 Reviews for The Day Of Company

46 The Day Of Company Reviews

Angeline · Married on 10/07/2018

A must have for your wedding

My wedding was a few weeks ago & I still cannot stop talking about my Day of Coordinator, Shannon. Before my wedding, I met with Shannon & the owner (Joanna) and we had a cute coffee date and discussed every detail of the day. Creating a day of timeline is one of the hardest parts of wedding planning & having someone there to guide you and be sure you don't forget a thing is a great help. On the day of my wedding, Shannon took over (I put my phone away for the day) She steamed my 15 foot veil. She arrived at my church early to make sure everything is perfect. She transported & set up décor for me such as moving my wedding sign & flower arrangements from church to venue. After my photos when I was hungry & sweaty (it was the hottest day in October) Shannon was there with me to help me out of my dress so I can use the bathroom and freshen up. She literally did everything for me & I could not imagine my day without her. When I tell people why I actually enjoyed my wedding, I say SHANNON!

Don't listen to anyone who says you don't need a Day Of coordinator because you DO!

Sent on 10/29/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Angeline! Loved our little coffee date and Shannon shared how much she LOVED being a part of your Day Of. Your and Anthony's families were so wonderful. We truly appreciate the kind words xoxo

Kate · Married on 10/06/2018

Joanna and Audra MADE our wedding!

Soon after we started to plan our wedding, my now husband and I argued over whether or not to hire a day-of coordinator. I'm so glad I won, and we are both SO glad we went with the Day-Of Company, and so grateful to Joanna and Audra for their incredible work with us! We had three different musical ensembles and a very specific vision for the transitions between the groups, and the DOC took it all in stride and made sure everything went EXACTLY like we wanted.

One thing to know about how the company works is that you'll work with Joanna (the owner) on ALL the pre-wedding planning, day-of timeline, vendor recommendations, questions, emails, texts, etc. Then, you'll meet the coordinator who will be working at your wedding about a week before the big day. For us, that was Audra, who was amazing. Joanna had filled in Audra about all the details and information, so all Audra had to do was confirm a few things with us and we were good to go.

Audra was professional, efficient, prepared, and absolutely lovely to be around. All my bridesmaids and many members of my family commented on how fantastic she was in every way.

Hiring the DOC was worth every single penny, and their price was reasonable anyway!!! Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Kate and Brad! We absolutely loved working with you and all of the amazing musical components. It was such a fun Day Of and you and your families were wonderful to work with!

Allison Sousa · Married on 10/06/2018

10/10 would recommend

Joanna and her team were incredible from start to finish. We had Molly on our “day of” and she was so professional, sweet and kind. Joanna made our timeline 2-3 weeks in advance and thought of things we would have never thought of. She is so thorough and made us at ease in the hectic weeks leading up to the wedding. Joanna and her team were invaluable on our wedding day!

The Day Of Company's reply:

Hi Allison! Aw thank you so much for your kind words. We loved working with you and Joe - from first working together to our Friday Happy Hour Final Meeting :) You guys were wonderful to work with, thank you so much for the opportunity!
  • Raul

Raul · Married on 09/30/2018

Raul & Ruben Giando on the Water, Brooklyn, NY The Day Of Coordinator: Joanna/Clara Mid Day: 10 Hours

The Day Of Company delivered top-notch service from start to finish and we extend our highest recommendation to Joanna and her team. Because of Joanna and the Day of Team, our wedding day was stress-free and everything went exactly as planned. People in our lives kept warning us, "The day is going to go by fast, you're not going to have a moment to enjoy it." "The day is for your guest. You won't have time to eat so make sure you nourish yourself in advance." Needless to say, these warnings had us concerned. We expressed our concerns to Joanna and she simply asked, "What do you want this day to be?" We shared with her that our vision was to create a day that represents a celebration of our love and an acknowledgment of the people in our lives who have supported our love. We shared that our priority was that our guest enjoyed every aspect of the day and that we also have the opportunity to enjoy it with them. Joanna simply replied, "consider it done."

She was right. Everyone, our guest, the venue staff, our parents, us, everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The venue staff and many of our vendors approached us and our guest throughout the night and commented on how palpable the love was in the room. I promise you, that was in large part because we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing as Joanna and the Day Of Company had everything under control and made sure everyone felt welcomed and acknowledged. Joanna and her team's presence allowed us to be fully present to our guest, enjoy the delicious food, dance, sing and even eat our delicious chocolate wedding cake, our favorite part of the menu!

From our initial email correspondence to her service the day of our wedding Joanna and her team delivered exceptional service. Things that mattered to us included responsiveness, clear communication, foresight, preparation, delivery on the day of, and ease (we really wanted this process to be effortless and with ease). Joanna and her team mastered it all!

She communicated consistently between day 1 and the day of our wedding. During the pre-event planning process to onsite, to post-event breakdown and delivery, the Day of Team was perfect. Additionally, she is tons of fun to work with. We walked away committed to making her a lifelong friend!

It took us nearly two weeks to sit and write this review for Joanna and her team because we've been flying high since our wedding day. Every. Single. Thing. Went according to plan and turned out so much better than we anticipated. We invested a lot into our big day and Joanna and her team served as the perfect insurance.

Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to Joanna's services now! You won't regret it.

The Day Of Company's reply:

Raul and Ruben, I can't thank you enough for these incredibly kind words. Being a part of your Day Of was an absolute JOY. Every minute was filled with love and family and I still think about how beautiful it all was! Thank you so much for the opportunity and the generous note of our service.
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/29/2018

Our best decision!

Our wedding went off without a hitch—smoother than we could have imagined—and we can confidently say it’s thanks to the Day of Company. We were on the fence about getting a day of coordinator for our roughly 100-person wedding and are so glad we went with Joanna’s team.

You can tell from the get-go that Joanna is super experienced, organized, and easy to work with. She was responsive to all our questions and each “deep dive” (once over the phone and once more in person) left us feeling reassured that the wedding we have planned will happen. (And it did!)

So much gratitude also to Erica, who was our actual coordinator on the day of and took care of so many things big and small. She is warm, attentive, and a calming presence. You’ll be in good hands with the Day of Company!

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Jenny! Erica and I loved working with you and Jason. You and your sweet families were wonderful - I'm so happy I had the opportunity to work with you throughout the lead-up process and Erica enjoyed every moment of your Day Of. Thanks for the kind words!

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2018

Booking a DOC was by far one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. Joanna and Britt were so amazing since the first email exchange. Both went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly and that myself, husband, family and bridal party did not have to worry about anything. The week of the wedding they contacted all my vendors and made sure everyone knew the timeline. My bustle broke within 5 minutes of putting it up and Britt was there with safety pins to fix it. It was amazing to not have to worry about anything and also to allow my MOHs and mom to be fully relaxed and enjoy the party. I honestly cannot imagine how my wedding day would have turned out if Britt wasn't there. I would recommend Joanna and her team to all future Brides!

Sent on 10/04/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you Ashley!! Brit and I were so happy to have had the opportunity to work with you guys!! Your wedding's style was SO FUN and Brit loved being a part of the Day Of!

Jen · Married on 09/15/2018

We decided late in our planning that a day of coordinator was much needed and contacted Joanna who we immediately fell in love with! The Day Of Company literally completes your wedding planning. I thought I could do it all myself but Joanna and Audra (who was assigned to my day of) was invaluable to our day. Leading up to the wedding Joanna was so well organized and helped plan out the timeline, answer any questions I had, reached out to all my vendors for insurance and much more! The day of our wedding, Audra was a life saver for us! Audra was able to manage any and all challenges to ensure the day went smooth, which allowed us to focus on enjoying the wedding. She was an essential part of our day. I could not have imagined the day with out her. If you are thinking about a coordinator book The Day Of!

Sent on 10/07/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jen! You guys were the sweetest, we absolutely loved working with you and Audra was so happy to be there to help make sure every personal (and gorgeous) detail you planned came together. It was such a joy. xoxo

Elisha · Married on 08/26/2018

The Day of Company and Joanna are amazing. Joanna came highly recommended after my original coordinator canceled about a month before my wedding. She put me at ease the first time we spoke on the phone, and I could immediately tell she was highly detail-oriented. She worked out a package to our specific needs for the day of the wedding, and listened to my vision. If you're someone who wants to do all the planning and then see it executed perfectly, this is the company to go with. Our coordinator was Amanda, and she was wonderful. Our wedding had so many moving parts (FIVE food deliveries to a roof in Manhattan. FIVE), and she never dropped one ball. Both Joanna and Amanda took the time to meet us at our venue to get an idea of what the day would look like. And perk: Coordinator brings an emergency kit with everything you or your guests could possibly need (I used the tide wipe on my flower girl). She will also steam your dress so you won't have to worry about it wrinkling in travel. Never did Amanda or Joanna look frazzled (even though I'm sure they were at points), which made me feel secure during the entire wedding. We could really let go and let them handle everything, which is good when you're being pulled in a million places as the bride and groom. And all of our guests raved about how sweet they both were. I cannot recommend The Day of Company enough.

Sent on 08/29/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you Elisha!! We loved being a part of your day - it was SO FUN! Every personal detail and delicious menu item...thank you so much for the opportunity! Congrats to you and Erik!

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2018

Choosing the Day of Company was hands down one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. Joanna and Steph were amazing to work with. They calmed my every nerve with their organization, thorough preparation, and responsiveness. Hosting an unconventional Brooklyn wedding, they were flexible and really understood our day and the dynamics of our family/vendors in order to make it truly successful. Everything went so smooth thanks to them! The Day Of comes with our highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/16/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! We loved working with you guys, the whole day was so FUN and beautiful. Truly appreciate your kind words.

Kristin · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I absolutely LOVED using the Day of Company. We can't even begin to describe how amazing they were with the lead up and the actual day of logistics. For anyone on the fence about getting a day of coordinator, DEFINITELY do it. We think it was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. Joanna is incredible and AUDRA IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST. She was our onsite coordinator and made our wedding absolutely perfect. She is so organized, thoughtful, attentive, detail oriented, easy going, and just wonderful to be around. We can't thank Audra (and Joanna!) enough for making our big day so special.

Sent on 08/29/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Aw Kristin, thank you so much for the kind words! This just made my and Audra's day! We loved working with you and Howard and wish you all the very best!
  • Kiara

Kiara · Married on 08/04/2018

For the brides out there that don’t necessarily need a full time wedding planner, but want to have the peace of mind the day of their wedding that everything will come together seamlessly, the Day of Company is the way to go! Joanna and her team go above and beyond from weeks before the wedding to make sure they have all the information they need to execute your timeline. They took care of contacting our vendors leading up to our wedding and helped execute logistics the day of instead of us having to delegate tasks to members of our wedding party. On top of that, their team was so pleasant to work with from the very beginning, which helped relieve some of the pre-wedding stress! They were definitely worth the investment because my husband and I were ultimately able to sit back and enjoy our day to the fullest.

Sent on 08/22/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Kiara! Shannon and I loved working with you and Ty! The whole day was absolutely beautiful and we are so grateful we had the opportunity to be a part of it!

Jaycee · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Joanna was by far one of the best decisions we made leading up to our wedding. She’s smart, personable, and incredibly organized, and she made everything a breeze! Throughout the planning process, she was available for occasional questions of advice, she also sent over a bunch of vendor recommendations, and she put together spreadsheets to organize our vendors/ key people, items we needed day of, and the day of timeline. She’s always unbelievably level-headed, realistic, and cheerful and was one of the most calming forces throughout the entire process. And at the wedding, she was there for whatever we needed - from helping me take on and off my difficult shoes to clean my feet of gravel and put bandaids on blisters, to anticipating every time I would be thirsty, to literally taking on and off my dress every time I had to go the bathroom. No task was too big or too small, and we even ended up running early! I cannot stress enough how incredible it was to work with her and how essential she was to making our day as magical as possible. THANK YOU, JOANNA!

Sent on 07/23/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

hahah the getting out of the dress for evert bathroom trip still makes me laugh! Thank you Jaycee!! I loved working with you, Michael, your mom, and your families! Your day was so beyond perfect and it was so much fun to be a part of. I appreciate the kind words and support so much!

Susan · Married on 06/23/2018

I read a LOT of reviews; some feel like it's from a friend or a family member... they are SO amazing. Trust me- I am neither, but I can only rave about The Day Of Company and Joanna. From our first phone call, it was clear that Joanna was going to be my partner in creating the dream wedding for my daughter. In advance of the wedding , I could call her with any question I had, and she got back to me immediately with excellent and thoughtful advice. At our meeting before the wedding, she came prepared and informed, asking pertinent questions, many of which I had never thought of. And from the moment she arrived on the wedding day, she took charge. She did EVERYTHING: from making sure everyone was on time and in their place, to feeding the wedding party, to helping me into my outfit. She was so pleasant; always smiling, never seemed to be rushing and yet everything was done. All I had to do was enjoy the day. She handled all of the vendors, set-up, logistics. She even made a critical weather decision, which turned out to be crucial and perfect. At the wedding, she made sure the ceremony went off perfectly, attended to every detail of the evening; the bride and groom always had water, all of the speakers were in their place and ready for their moment, she carried lipstick for me and the bride. And the amazing thing was that I never saw her, but when I looked for her she was right there... incredible. I cannot even begin to thank her for her professionalism from beginning to end. Her experience is illustrated by her contantly thinking ahead, and reading the situation for any snags... and there were none, because of Joanna. Do yourself a favor; hire The Day Of Company for your wedding. It will be the single most important decision you will make... outside of choosing a spouse :)

Sent on 07/19/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Susan! I miss our calls and emails so much! You are so kind and your family is so wonderful - I absolutely loved being there on the Day Of and will forever remember Jess & Josh's uniquely beautiful wedding. xoxo

Dana · Married on 06/03/2018

Hiring Joanna was hands down the most important decision we made. My husband and I were unsure if we really needed a day of coordinator but this was absolutely the best decision we made. Joanna helped so much not only on our wedding day but in the months leading up to our wedding. Anytime I had a question she was always so helpful and professional. Joanna helped with absolutely everything on the wedding day to setting up our day of items to steaming bridesmaid dresses and always making sure I had something to eat and drink. Joanna was quick to solve any problem that arose and made sure that my husband and I as well as my mom and maid of honor could just enjoy the day and not worry. We could not have enough kind words about joanna she was so sweet and kind which is so necessary with someone who will be with you all day. We cannot thank her enough and would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/09/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you Dana and David! You were so wonderful to work with from our very first meeting. We loved being with you on your Day Of and enjoyed working with your families and Bridal Party so much! You are both so sweet, thanks for the opportunity to work with you!

Lorraine · Married on 06/02/2018

I planned my entire wedding down to every detail- the caterer, the tent, the church, the napkins, plates and flowers. I hired The Day Of 3 days before my wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. My only regret was not hiring them sooner. Joanna was so completely thorough and amazing, being certain to consider all of my planning and wishes, and Molly arrived the day of and helped just as I had hoped she would.

Sent on 06/22/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Lorraine! Even if it was brief, it was so great to work with you! I'm so happy we were able to jump in at the last minute to ensure you could totally enjoy and not think about anything. Thanks again for the opportunity!

Lili · Married on 06/01/2018

I absolutely cannot imagine my wedding without Joanna and Audra! I did not have a wedding planner and had no idea what I was doing - The Day of Crew guided me through the final weeks leading me up to my wedding, including raising questions or making suggestions that never would have occurred to me without them. On the day of, our coordinator Audra was incredible, she made sure everything ran perfectly. I was totally relaxed with her running the show and she could not have done it better. Great value too and cannot recommend The Day Of Co enough!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lili! We loved working with you and we were so happy to be able to be a part of the process and your day! So glad you were able to enjoy every moment of the day. Congrats to you guys!!

Kim · Married on 06/01/2018

From our very first conversation with Joanna all the way to the end of our wedding night Joanna was a superstar! She made planning so easy and was extremely helpful. She had tons of ideas and options and would go over every little detail, especially important things that you forget (since you're so busy planning) to make sure your day goes seamlessly. She goes over all logistics of the day, your timeline, makes sure to know who people are, brings a whole kit of things you didn’t even know you needed (like wipes for your armpits because you will be sweaty). She’s not afraid to get dirty, she’s on the floor bustling my dress, running through sand for me and the bridal party as well - making sure we have our bouquets or we were in the right place at the right time, will bring you water, has mints on hand and soooo much more. It was important to her to reach out to all our vendors so she would know who they were and they would know who she is if there were any questions/problems she would be a main point of contact. She worked well with everyone and got a long great with our families and bridal party. She was a much NEEDED addition to our day and we couldn’t thank her enough for all her help. I would HIGHLY recommend her!! She comes with a huge smile, great energy and is always a step or two ahead of you. If you think you don’t need her you’ll be surprised and so happy throughout your wedding day that she is there! Thank you Jo!! -K&N

Sent on 07/02/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Aw Kim and Nick - thank YOU! You were very special clients from the beginning and I'm so happy that I was a part of your day! I loved working with you and your families (and as I mentioned before, awesome Bridal Party). Thank you so much for your kind words!

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

I honestly don't know what I would have done without Joanna by my side! From the first time we spoke it was as if I had known her for years. She was extremely professional and warm and just really loved being a part of the wedding planning process. She's well organized and made everything the day of our wedding just perfect. I never had to think of anything other than getting married. Every bride needs her even if she doesn't know it yet. I couldn't praise her more and honestly wish I could use her for every big day!

Sent on 08/24/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Aww thanks Emily!! I loved being by your side!! You and Danny were so wonderful to work with...you have the cutest family ever and I'm so happy that I was a part of your day. xoxo

Brianne · Married on 04/27/2018

Joanna was an amazing resource when it came to making the vision for our wedding come to life.

Being in the wedding industry myself, I've worked with my fair share of planners, but Joanna was one for the books.

I certainly did not give Joanna an easy task as my ceremony space was in a separate location than my reception space. To make things even crazier, the wedding was on the Lower East Side, during rush hour on a Friday!

Joanna met with both my husband and myself for a few check in's before the big day and did an amazing job at calming my pre-wedding jitters by creating a schedule for the day of with suggestions for minor details that definately would have otherwise slipped my mind.

On the day of the wedding, Joanna had already contacted all of my vendors for status updates and arrived early with her checkboard in hand. No task was too small for Joanna as she continued to do everything within her power to make sure the day ran smoothly.

No wedding day is free of hiccups and Joanna was able to solve every issue that was thrown at us, all while making sure that myself, as the bride, was stress-free and relaxed.

I can honestly say that hiring Joanna was the absolute best decision that I've made in regards to my big day (other than selecting my husband of course.) Thanks again for making our wedding so special Joanna!

Best,
    Brianne & Tom

Sent on 05/01/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you Brianne and Tom!! I'm so happy to have been able to help and be there for you guys. It was such a beautiful day with seriously awesome photos. Big thanks to Audra on the Day Of team for setting up the ceremony so perfectly! We both loved working with you and your families! Hope to see you for a drink in the neighborhood ;)

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2018

The Day of Company was recommend to us by our venue (NYBG) and we booked Joanna after one phone call. She assigned Audra to our day and we could not be more grateful and happy we did! Throughout the six months leading up to the wedding, Joanna provided suggestions and help with vendors. About a month out we sat down with her and Audra and walked through every detail imaginable. On the day of our wedding, Audra was invaluable! We definitely didn’t realize all the coordination required to pull off a wedding, and without Audra we would have been so helpless! She was amazing and kind and kept us grounded and moving throughout the day. If you do nothing else, book the Day Of Company!! They are worth every penny and allowed us to actually enjoy our day. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/20/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Sarah and Max, thank you so much for your kind words! I loved working with you through your planning process and Audra was so happy to be a part of your day!! From emails to rosé - you guys were so much fun. I hope to bump into you at a bar in the city so we can cheers to your wedding!!

Jackie · Married on 04/14/2018

Joanna and Amanda were fantastic! I cannot say enough, they were professional, attentive and organized. We had a long day and Joanna literally woke up with me (the bride) and the groom. We started at 5am and ended with a limo to the airport to go to Paris by 5pm. Many transitions and organizational factors came in to play! Joanna had a schedule and took notes, never missed a beat. Joanna was a huge part of my weddings success and ultimately ran the show. I am beyond grateful for my well planned, well organized, beautiful and timely wedding. Thank you to the “day of” team!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    The Day Of Company 1
    The Day Of Company 2
    The Day Of Company 3
    The Day Of Company 4

The Day Of Company's reply:

Aww Jackie these photos are great!! Thank you for your sweet words! Amanda and I had so much fun and loved being part of a spring day wedding - it was BEAUTIFUL! Your families and Bridal Party were wonderful, congrats to you and Sean!!

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

The Day of Company was exceptional to work with from start to finish. I worked with Joanna beforehand, ironing out logistics, and with Audra as my DO onsite contact. Both were equally dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate and showed extreme patience! Planning with The Day of Company was a straight forward, no fuss process which left both myself and now husband, able to enjoy the day with more confidence and ease. I can not recommend Joanna and Audra enough - they are truly gems of the wedding industry!

Sent on 07/30/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Hi Laura!! Aw thank you so much for the kind words! You know how much Audra and I LOVED working with you and Greg! Can you guys get married again so we can do it all over?! Thanks again for sharing your experience working with The Day Of - it means so much to us! xoxo

alea · Married on 04/07/2018

If you haven't already hired Joanna, YOU NEED TO. From extensive candle set up in our reception space to dress steaming to wrangling our huge bridal party, Joanna and team played an integral part in our day and we truly couldn not have done it without her. They handled every curve ball with ease and helped contributed to the flawless flow of the days events. They kept the mood light and made sure my husband and I were stress free allowing us to fully take in the immense joy and happiness we felt on our wedding day!

Sent on 06/29/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Alea! Audra and I were so happy to be there. The whole day was perfect and you guys were wonderful to work with through the process. I loved all of your details so much - thank you for the opportunity!!

Kaitlin · Married on 02/03/2018

We hired Joanna as our day of coordinator and also had her present during our rehearsal the night before the wedding. Joanna was an essential part of our day and we wouldn't have made it through without her! During our planning call and in-person meeting, Joanna was just as excited about our wedding as we were. She is very detail oriented and organized and after meeting her, I knew we would be in good hands. She helped our wedding party get through the rehearsal (most of whom had never been in a wedding before) and kept everything running smoothly the day of the wedding. During our reception we had some last minute changes to the timeline, but Joanna kept me in the loop at all times and everything worked out perfect. She made sure everything was packed up and returned to our apartment at the end of the night and made our day worry free and as stress free as it could be!

Sent on 02/19/2018

The Day Of Company's reply:

Thank you so much Kaitlin! Ozzy and I loved assisting with your Day Of...especially because it was in the BEST neighborhood! You and Brian are awesome and I hope to bump into you guys soon! I still share the story of how you met! Everything about your Day was unique and beautiful - thanks for the opportunity!!