The Dana on Mission Bay Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Erica
    Erica K. Married on 09/05/2021

Truly Exceptional!

I only have amazing things to say about The Dana on Mission Bay and their wedding and events team! Initially I worked with Adrienne to inquire about the property for our wedding, and she was a joy to work with! She helped set up a venue tour with a friend since I live out of state, and she helped me feel so comfortable and confident with the venue that I booked it without even seeing it!! And then when my husband and I came to see the venue for ourselves, we fell in love. It is seriously feels like your own private oasis when you're there, and all of the wedding venues are beautiful. After my wedding date was contracted, I started working with Christina, who absolutely went above and beyond for every occasion. She managed to help keep us calm during the entire process because she had everything so under control, even despite us having to postpone our wedding and still have it during COVID. I can't thank Christina and her team enough for making sure we had the most beautiful and flawless wedding, better than we could have ever dreamed. We love the Dana and hope to come back to celebrate anniversaries in the future!
    Emma M. Married on 06/20/2020

Best Wedding Venue!

My husband and I had our wedding at The Dana on Mission Bay this past January and it was absolutely PERFECT!!! The venue itself is gorgeous. Our ceremony was on the sunset lawn and the view of the bay and the palm trees was breathtaking. Our guests loved the scenery so much. Besides having our wedding at a gorgeous venue, it all wouldn’t have been possible without our venue coordinator Christina Gold. She worked so cohesively with all of my other vendors and my day of coordinator that the day was seamless. She was so quick to respond throughout the whole process, which as a busy bride, I appreciated so much. She helped execute our vision and made it come to life. The catering was absolutely delicious and everyone loved our plated entree selections and tray passed appetizers. Highly recommended The Dana for your future wedding venue!!
    Kayla M. Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing venue!

Choosing The Dana on Mission Bay for our wedding was the absolute best decision we could have made. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and affordable, compared to other Southern California locations. Christina is phenomenal and basically acts as your own personal coordinator (even though a day of coordinator is required, which is totally worth it, FYI!). The venue grounds are so beautiful and they only hold 1 wedding at a time, therefore, you have access to the entire venue for your wedding for pictures, etc. You can seriously not go wrong choosing this location for your dream day! I wish I could go back and do it all over again!
  • Danae
    Danae E. Married on 06/08/2019

San Diego's Hidden Gem

Christina Gold and the powerful team behind her are the real jewels surrounding this venue. Having to plan a wedding from overseas presented enough challenges as it was, looking at a million venues online and then short listing it down to 10 for my fiancé to check out was stress enough but after viewing the Dana (venue number 3) we looked no further! Firstly the Dana’s location was ideal – tucked away by the ocean, near a harbor, gorgeous and picturesque landscaping, a view of the sunset, and great options for a reception both indoors or outdoors …5 stars with that alone. Christina was extremely professional and knew how to promote this place. Having her on board was like having a second wedding planner all included. The look on my fiance’s place after the first viewing said it all and of course the name being similar to mine felt like a sign from above! The Dana’s service was exceptional, their package offerings and pricing were all inclusive and second to none, the food was phenomenal, they were so flexible in meeting our desires, so communicative (trust me I have tons of emails to prove it) and so very supportive, they are worth their weight in Gold! ;-) Highly, highly recommend!!!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 11/11/2018

Best day of my life

Thank you! Your staff and venue provided us with the wedding of our dreams!! From beginning to end we felt important and taken care of. Things flowed so well and our guests were very impressed. Christina walked us through each step and was attentive. All requests were met and communication was great.
  • Clarisa
    Clarisa R. Married on 10/05/2018

Attentive, Helpful, Prepared for anything!

The team at the Dana was super helpful and attentive. Christina was able to accommodate last minute requests just a few days leading up to the day. We had the best night of our lives!
    Luanne S. Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner in The Marina Garden

We held our son and his fiancé's wedding rehearsal dinner in The Marina Garden at The Dana on Sept. 28, 2018. After visiting several venues, we could not have been happier to have chosen The Dana. Adrienne, Christina and all the staff were incredible. They had great suggestions, accommodated us at every turn, adhered to our wishes on certain things, the food was VERY good (many of our guests commented on it), and the service before, during and at the end of the evening was outstanding. Everyone was very easy to work with, always expeditiously responding to our communications, and just all in all made this a very stress-free occasion. The staff serving the appetizers and assisting with the dinner, along with the bartenders were so helpful and ready to assist wherever needed. We would highly recommend The Dana on Mission Bay for any upcoming events you may have.
    Aileen Married on 09/01/2018

Wonderful reception venue!

My husband and I are a bi-coastal couple and once we chosen San Diego for our wedding location, we were searching reception venue after reception venue for the "just right" feel/essence that is San Diego. The Dana on Mission Bay was it! It is perfectly located on Mission Bay and was very close to other San Diego attractions that our out of town guests can get to. Every single guest that arrived for our wedding loved The Dana on Mission Bay. The complete aesthetics of The Dana on Mission Bay was absolutely perfect and I was in love.

We initially had booked and worked with Adrienne, who was very pleasant from the get go. We had no issues with Adrienne, who was professional and friendly, and who went over the top for her customers. We had moved back east for a brief period, and even with that transition, Adrienne was wonderful ensuring things were handled even 3000 miles away. Upon moving back to San Diego, we were introduced to Christina, who also was wonderful & professional. However, during that transition, we felt that our details and logistics that had been settled was lost in translation, which stressed myself and my husband out as we were focused on getting settled back in San Diego, and to finish planning the rest of this wedding.

Christina and Adrienne, and the entire staff was responsive, professional and flexible in working with us, our guests, and our entire vendor team especially since our DJ/entertainment was from the east coast.

Overall, The Dana on Mission Bay delivered our San Diego vibes to our east coast & other out of towner guests. We have received many compliments about our reception particularly the music, wedding food choices, and the ballroom space. The San Diego guests couldn't believe that this place existed amongst the bay. I highly recommend The Dana on Mission Bay for your wedding reception or wedding space needs.
    Kristal Married on 04/08/2018
    The Dana is amazing. They are the best venue you could ask for. Besides the waterfront location and the beautiful banquet room, the staff is friendly, accommodating, serving, caring and genuinely nice! The first person we met there was setting up the banquet room and he left such an impression of professionalism and care for what he was doing (other venues in this area threw the tables around during set up and didn't even vacuum). It says a lot that he also got married there! The next person we met there was so kind and accommodating. She showed us all around the property and walked us through the packages while we ate there. Then, we met with the catering director. She also was friendly, outgoing and super personable, willing to work with us on what we had in mind for our special day. They stayed on top of communicating with us, negotiating well and continued to present the venue in the best possible light one could ask for. The owners do a good job with creating a team that works together seamlessly and with the customers needs in mind. I love that we chose the Dana and they moreover won us over as lifelong customers! We will be back for in town vacays, anniversary dinners, and just to visit and remember our special day!!!
    Cheryl Married on 09/16/2017
    We are thrilled about our experience planning, and pulling off without a hitch, our son and daughter in law's wedding at the beautiful Dana! The flawless ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were beyond our expectations! Adrienne, the Director of Catering, was easy and professional to work with. Her ideas were welcomed, her communications were timely, and even when we wanted to add some last minute market lighting to the ballroom, she helped make it happen! Everything was absolutely gorgeous and I can't think of a better setting in San Diego than would have been better than the Dana for our joyous wedding. Bravo Dana! Bravo!!!
    Jamie Married on 09/16/2017
    We are so happy we chose The Dana on Mission Bay for our wedding venue! Adrienne Hur is amazing to work with and the location is absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments from our guests and the day went perfectly! The staff is great and service was impeccable. All of our guests also raved about the food! A big thanks to everyone!!
  • Jilli
    Jilli Married on 08/13/2017
    Having our wedding at The Dana was an absolute dream. We had looked at several other venues before selecting The Dana but there was something different about the venue -- not only is it in a beautiful location, but the team and coordinator's on site were so friendly, easy-going and accommodating from the very beginning.

We had a unique wedding set-up at The Dana and Adrienne was always so helpful and flexible as far as answering questions and bending every which way to make sure we could make our visions become a reality. Planning the wedding with Adrienne was such a fun process because she was always willing to work with us and she seemed just as excited as we were about all of our plans. She was always responsive, flexible and kind and every time we met with her, we became more and more reassured that we had chosen the perfect venue.

Our wedding day was everything we could have wanted. All of the staff at The Dana were professional and friendly and we could not be happier with the way everything turned out.

Thank you so very much to Adrienne and the entire staff who helped to make our wedding so wonderful; not only on our wedding day but the entire weekend surrounding the wedding. We are SO happy we chose to get married at The Dana!!
    Katie Married on 08/05/2017
    Having our wedding at the Dana on Mission Bay was the very best decision we made! I am thrilled about how our wedding turned out and much of the credit goes to the Dana, specifically Adrienne Hur, the Director of Catering, who helped us to plan the perfect day from when we were just inquiring about the venue through the actual wedding day when she was present the whole afternoon and evening. Adrienne was incredibly responsive to all of my and my family's questions, requests, and concerns. Each time we came to visit or bring a vendor by, she did her best to be there and be part of the meeting. Adrienne is amazing and made the whole wedding planning process so easy and so fun - and she is just a great person to be around!

The Dana is the perfect setting for a wedding - the views are incredible, the hotel and the wonderful staff create a very relaxing, fun, and accommodating atmosphere, and the location is perfect for guests to enjoy all that San Diego has to offer. We were so impressed by the friendliness of the entire hotel staff through the whole experience working with the Dana.

We chose an Italian Buffet for our wedding dinner and the food was excellent. We still have guests raving about the appetizers and late night snacks, too. Using the Mission Bay Ballroom was perfect for the amount of guests we had (199) and we were able to use the ballroom until midnight, which was a perk we did not find at many other venues we looked at in San Diego.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend the Dana on Mission Bay. Adrienne and her team will help you create the wedding you are hoping for, will offer valuable advice and guidance, and the Dana is such a great atmosphere to gather friends and family.
    Laura Married on 04/21/2017
    The Dana was the perfect venue for our wedding. We worked with Adrienne, who was absolutely wonderful and very responsive to all my questions and concerns! The only hiccups we had came with the front desk staff (minor issues) and Adrienne immediately resolved any and all issues that popped up. We used almost all of the different locations (Sunset Lawn for the ceremony, Marina garden and courtyard for pictures, and ballroom for the reception) for the wedding and it was so nice to be the only wedding at the venue on that day. All of our guests raved about what a great time they had and how beautiful the venue was. I can't recommend this venue enough.
    Kristi Married on 02/25/2017
    My husband and I went to the Dana as another venue to check out before deciding where we would have our wedding. We fell in love and decided right then to book. We just got married 2-25-17. I can not express enough how happy we were with this decision.

Adrienne was our coordinator and she is amazing! She was so helpful from start to finish and so professional. I was never stressed and she was always on top of everything. She went over every detail and everything was perfect. The food we choose was buffet and choose our options. It was delicious and our guests raved about how good all the food was. We also choose to do late night snacks which was a hit for our guests.

Our ceremony was in the marina garden and it was magical. The reception in the ballroom turned out to be so beautiful. When I walked in to look before the guests arrived I was blown away. We also had the bayside conference room for myself and my girls to get ready in. It was spacious and great lighting for my makeup artist.

The staff was so great during our event and the whole week prior as most of our guests stayed at the hotel. All my guests expressed what a beautiful venue this was for a wedding and it truly was. I was so happy with our experience. Brides always say something will go wrong and to just go with it. my wedding went off flawlessly and I believe its due to the amazing venue and staff. I wish the night could last forever.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 02/18/2017
    The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The staff worked closely with us to accommodate all of our needs - even if it meant making VERY last minute changes.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 10/02/2016
    We got married at the Dana in the Marina Garden and let me just say, it was gorgeous! The weather was perfect, the views were breathtaking, and the ceremony was like a dream. The sales and catering manager, Adrienne, was so helpful and responded to all of my questions in a timely manner. We stayed in the Garden view suite and it was perfect for the bridal dressing room and our honeymoon night. We had a view of the park and the bay! Our rehearsal dinner was held on site at The Firefly restaurant. The food and service was amazing! Oh, and their cappuccino's are a must have!! Most of my wedding guests stayed here and loved the property. My parents were even upgraded to a bigger suite upon check-in. The overall experience was great!
    Aleen Married on 07/30/2016
    Amazing Wedding at Great Hotel!
    We loved having our wedding at the Dana Hotel. All different locations at the venue are beautiful and look amazing in pictures. Adrienne, the Director of Catering, is very responive, organized and a pleasure to work with. She was always available to answer questions and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted for our big day. We had a stunning outdoor ceremony overlooking the bay, a garden cocktail hour and gorgeous reception overlooking the marina. Our guests loved the place and the food at the wedding. We recommend the Dana to all couples who want to have a romantic, elegant and beautiful outdoor wedding!
  • User2701970 2+ years ago
    The Dana on Mission Bay made our wedding day dreams come to life. It was important to us to select a venue where we could have all of our events and our guests could stay for the weekend without travel to the ceremony and reception, as we had many out of town guests. We were able to do this at The Dana, and give our guests a San Diego vacation resort experience. Catering Managers Adrienne and Danielle were professional and responsive. On the day of the wedding, the staff hosted a high quality night of dinner and drinks. The food at both our cocktail hour and dinner was outstanding. The executive chef took our feedback and customized a few appetizer options for us that we enjoyed immensely. Our guests enjoyed the campus-like atmosphere of the resort and the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves. Our only issues had to do with the phone-only room reservation system when our guests booked their rooms - several guests did not get added to our guest list to receive the discounted wedding rate until we noticed it ourselves, but our Catering Manager was able to make the corrections. Once on the property, we were taken care of like celebrities. We highly recommend The Dana, especially for destination-style weddings.
    Justine Married on 04/30/2016
    My husband and I had such an amazing experience booking the Dana as our wedding reception venue. I was planning my wedding from out-of-state, and the head catering manager, Addy, was so responsive, patient, and helpful to any question I had. It really made the planning process soooo easy. I probably have over 100+ emails with Addy discussing things from table linens to food choices, so for her to give me the time and energy in making me a happy bride especially since I couldn't just drive to the Dana to see things for myself was priceless in itself; I would give more than 5 stars for responsiveness and professionalism alone if I could.

The food was absolutely amazing, the bridal suite and honeymoon suite were wonderful, the ballroom was a stunner and impressed all of our guests, and the views!! Gosh, we couldn't get over the views. Since we were coming from out-of-state, we wanted our wedding to give the totally relaxing vibes of San Diego, and Dana was the perfect choice. Other venues with a view were so expensive, but I thought the Dana prices were absolutely reasonable and fair for the level of service and accommodations you get! You won't regret booking here at all!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 11/07/2015
    The Dana was perfect for our reception. I like how the ballroom has a modern look to it. The location is by the bay so we were able to take some awesome sunset pictures. The food was on point. We got many compliments about how good the food was. We also added one of their late night snack options which I thought was a cool addition to the reception and our guests loved it.

Adrienne, Director of Catering, was awesome and so helpful. She friendly and professional. She responded to my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. I can't thank her enough for being so kind and listening to me vent during one of my appointments with her.

Overall, I loved my experience at The Dana!
  • User2119038 2+ years ago
    The Dana was awesome! They helped with everything! It rained 30 minutes before my wedding. When I decided to still do the ceremony outside, they rounded up all of the umbrellas they could find just in case but were also ready to move the ceremony inside within 20 minutes. They did a great job!
    Linda Married on 11/08/2014
    Beautiful location for a wedding. Our guests have been raving about amenities and ease of attending. Shuttle from airport, lovely rooms, deep sea fishing/whale watching across the street, bonfire facilities overlooking bay & much more created fun for all. Food & drinks at the firefly terrific. Brunch morning after in the Bayside Conference Room was just the right ending to wonderful week. Rachel Averella responded to our every need and made so many helpful suggestions. She is a true professional. The Dana provides perfection for a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . or a getaway anytime.
    Mallory Married on 10/11/2014
    Rachel from the hotels catering team was wonderful! She helped us with everything we needed. The hotel food was great and very helpful staff. When I was in need of a podium for my service they provided it, and when I felt it was ugly and requested it be covered with a table cloth they did that as well and made it look beautiful! If i could do it all over again I would!!