Dr. Phillips House on Lake Lucerne Reviews

112 Reviews for Dr. Phillips House on Lake Lucerne

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 04/23/2021

The BEST venue

We cannot stop talking about our wedding here. Everything was incredible. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We loved everything about it. Angie made it even better. She is absolutely amazing and truly cares about your event. She never hesitated answering my million questions. She truly let us make our event exactly the way we wanted it. We rented out the rooms for the night before and night of, and cannot even describe how absolutely beautiful those rooms are! Everything was amazing there and we were so in love with our wedding and that beautiful venue.

Sent on 04/25/2021

Alison F. · Married on 10/31/2020

Blissful and perfect

We were married on 10/31/2020. Angie was amazing at both the venue and catering. They were so professional. They made our wedding day so easy and more than anything I could imagine. They have a great price, a connected caterer, and so many things included. It was also intimate and just our wedding there. So no waking through it seeing other weddings or events going on. Many of my guests commented on how beautiful the venue was, how well it fit our theme, the delicious food, and intimate setting. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Sent on 03/15/2021

Cailin G. · Married on 09/06/2020

Amazing! Would highly recommend

Our reception was a Sunday brunch and it was perfection! The venue is absolutely beautiful! The staff of millennia catering was amazing, and we wanted for nothing! We worked with Angie throughout the entire process, and she was so easy to deal with and extremely responsive! Our one concern while booking was the highway noise in the back yard portion of the venue, but with music and speakers you can’t hear the highway. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how yummy the food was! We can’t say enough good things!

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Kasi

Kasi R. · Married on 03/15/2020

Beautiful Historic Venue

My husband and I recently got married at the Dr. Phillips House. It is the perfect venue for anyone looking to get married in an intimate historic home setting. Angie was amazing from day one and was very quick to respond to our questions throughout the whole process. When wedding day arrived everything from the bridal suite, to the ceremony and reception area and the catering were perfection. All of our wedding guests truly enjoyed the beauty of the home and could not stop talking about how delicious the food was. We 10/10 recommend the Dr. Phillips House as a wedding venue. Thank you for helping make our wedding day special! It'll truly be a day we'll never forget.

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Smita

Smita · Married on 01/04/2020

Mazzei Solanky Pre-Wedding Function

We are so happy to have selected the venue Dr. Phillips House on Lake Lucerne. It is the most beautiful venue i feel and was perfect for our event. From the selection process, tour of the venue, catering, giving us the option to allow for outside catering for the main meal as we required a fully vegetarian meal, to the staff the day of the event were just wonderful and very accommodating. Angie was so patient with us during the planning and all through the day of the event. j She worked with us every step of the way. The staff the day of the event were exceptional. They were attentive and so kind to all of the guests. The appetizers and the desserts provided by the venue were absolutely delicious. Had so many positive comments from our guests. Thank you Angie and the staff of Dr. Phillips House for making our event so successful and memorable. Will definitely recommend and/or use the venue for future events.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Stephanie · Married on 11/23/2019

When we went to tour it was immediately love at first site. We will admit that from the photos online it didn’t seem that great, but as soon as we walked through the front doors we knew that was our venue. It’s an antique “Savannah-style” estate complete with antique furniture and an old-time feel. It is very affordable, including the catering and bar services. It’s also a bed and breakfast, so you have the option of renting out all 6 rooms in the house for the night with FREE breakfast for those staying the night! They have a large, newly finished courtyard in the back that is perfect for cocktail hour. They are very accommodating with special requests and Angie is a fantastic person to work with. We are very excited to host our special day here!! The price we listed includes buffet dinner and premium open bar, tables, ceremony chairs, linens, 5 vendor meals, 1 overnight stay for bride and groom, venue, cake cutting, etc.

Sent on 09/01/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2019

The Dr. Phillips House is magical!

We worked with Angie in hosting our wedding for circa 90 people at the wonderful Dr. Phillips House and the whole process was completely seamless.

We first visited the house as one of four potential destination venues we were taking a look at in the Orlando area and it was truly love at first sight. This venue has everything and we fell in love with the home's classic architecture paired with its dreamy, romantic outdoor spaces - it's beautiful and truly comes alive at night with with twinkle lights.

The service throughout the evening of our wedding was impeccable and the free-flowing layout of the home is so perfect for mingling no matter how your guests choose to spend their time at your wedding.

Our one reservation about this venue was its proximity to the highway but we didn't notice the noise at all once the ceremony had begun and the music played. Thank you to Angie and the team for providing us the wedding venue of our dreams. We cannot imagine a more perfect spot to have had our wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Shanna

Shanna · Married on 10/25/2019

Beautiful venue for our fairytale wedding

This venue is so stunning and unique, and the Dr. Phillips House was an easy choice for our wedding! Millennia catering does all the food, and they were great to work with as well, with very reasonable rates. Angie was our main point of contact leading up to our event and she was so kind and pleasant! Super helpful, very available, and all around made me feel more at ease to talk to her. Our day-of contact was Amy, and she is the sweetest little thing, and so thoughtful! She made certain that our every need was met for both our wedding and our stay that evening. Even though there were a few hitches due to rain and some schedule shuffling, the team at the Dr. Phillips House worked so hard to make sure it had the least possible impact on our experience. It was truly a beautiful wedding, and I have an incredible vendor team to thank for it!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 10/24/2019

Phenomenal Experience

The Dr. Phillips House was everything that my fiancé and I could have even begun to imagine. Angie and Amy were wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. Both of them were extremely flexible and professional. I couldn't recommend this venue more!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey H. · Married on 10/11/2019

Beautiful property

We loved hosting our wedding at the Dr. Phillips House. The courtyard with the gazebo was perfect for our outdoor ceremony and the interior of the home was gorgeous for hosting our dinner and reception. It was also very nice to have the bridal suite included in our rental for the night of our wedding. Communication was prompt and professional. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Krystal

Krystal S. · Married on 09/19/2019

Such an incredible place to stay

The venue was perfect. The rooms are gorgeous. The staff is incredible. I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Stephany · Married on 02/01/2019

Wonderful wedding

I picked this location for its character and it did not disappoint. Also Angie of millennia catering was helpful in taking care of venue/catering needs.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Lisa · Married on 11/18/2018

Outstanding

What a perfect venue!! The price was so reasonable and everything was picturesque. Catering is amazing and we could not be more pleased with our experience.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Danielle · Married on 02/19/2017

This was only the seconds venue that I visited and we booked only a few days after our tour. My wedding was yesterday and this proved the be the absolute perfect place for my intimate wedding. I had about 50 guests and the dining room fit everyone perfectly with comfortable elbow space. The Dr. Phillips house is beautiful with an enchanting historic charm. It can be dressed up or dressed down. The staff was very helpful and flexible. The price is reasonable as well and if u picl Millenia Catering off of their vendor list your wedding will be spectacular. There is not one thing I would change about my wedding event at this venue. The evening became magical as all the market lights came on in the courtyard and we danced the night away.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

I was so stressed trying to find the perfect wedding venue. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne had everything we wanted and needed for our 70 person wedding. The staff was quick to respond to all of my emails. The bridal party and myself stayed the night prior to the wedding in the Dr. Phillips room and was able to have our hair and makeup stylist doll us up in the room. The room was huge, the gazebo was beautiful, and the lights made the venue something out of a fairy tale!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Nancy · Married on 10/09/2015

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is an ideal location for a wedding! We loved the charm, the history and the unique features this venue had to offer. The location is perfect in Orlando, centered in downtown and easy for everyone to get to. The staff are very friendly and great to work with. We had Angie help us and she is amazing, very responsive and patient with me with all of my questions. The venue itself is stunning, it has a charm all in its own and very little decor is needed. We got married in October, it was warm but no rain. At night the lights strung up in the courtyard were so pretty. If you are looking for a venue that is unique, this is a great place to pursue. They have great wedding packages and are affordable, they make it very easy on you! We were so pleased from start to finish and loved this venue! The venue is an active bed and breakfast, so bonus we got to stay in an amazing suite the evening of our wedding! The room was huge! Beautiful decor, very clean and comfortable accommodations.

Sent on 10/15/2015

I cannot say enough about this venue. As an out of state bride, I was fearing what the outcome would be and not having seen the plAce in person made me nervous. However, throughout my planning, Angie was very attentive and super accommodating. The venue is beautiful at night and gave is that homey feel we so wanted. I would totally recommend this place.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Stephanie · Married on 03/20/2015

There aren't enough good things I can say about this place! The staff is such a please to work with. I would call at the oddest hours and someone was always there to assist me. (Although Angie only works day shift)
    Let's talk about the venue: Absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't capture how breathtaking this venue truly is. From the dramatic tall columns at the front of the Dr. Phillips house, to the very back "Garden" area. I couldn't get enough. I actually opted to have my ceremony back in the garden area, cocktail and dancing in the actual courtyard, and dining inside. The Garden is such a hidden gem inside of the heart of Orlando. The forest feel in the midst of a busy city captivated each one of my guests. I was able to put french doors outside and come through them .. getting married under a huge gorgeous tree. The courtyard had lights put up prior to my wedding, much to my surprise and I almost cried of happiness when I saw them. Inside the Dr. Phillips is filled with character and vintage find in every detail of the house. I loved it.
    They have an OPEN BAR for 4 hours for astronomically LOW prices. (Which sold my Husband right away, lol) If you're looking for a beautiful vintage venue- The Courtard is the way to go.

Sent on 04/21/2015

We had our wedding at the Dr. Phillips House and it was perfect! Everyone was commenting on how magical and surreal the location was - we held our ceremony in the backyard under the gazebo, dinner inside, and then dancing outside again. It is a gorgeous location and an amazing price for what you get. Angie was such a joy to work with throughout the process and we were able to visit the location multiple times throughout the process! I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking to get married in the Orlando area!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Kellie · Married on 01/17/2015

Love this little hidden gem under i4 in Downtown Orlando. So cozy and intimate for our beautiful wedding!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Sofia · Married on 12/05/2014

Angie was wonderful to work with. She answered every single question (no matter how silly) and was flexible with payments (I tend to forget dates very easily). Although there was some confusion about another wedding the next day with a bride of the same last name and some rooms that were held, everything was worked out and the day went smoothly. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was extremely affordable and many of our guests loved staying at the location of the venue. The IW Phillips House was the perfect location for a small, intimate wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Christa · Married on 11/02/2014

We got married at the Dr. Phillips House. I cannot describe how perfect everything was. I have been to countless weddings and seen all the issues that can arise. We had no problem whatsoever with anything throughout the night and the staff was excellent. Angie was beyond helpful throughout the whole year of planning. She is so responsive and answered every question we had. I admit to asking some pretty specific and strange questions, and she was always happy to help. We were a little concerned about the layout- having dinner inside and dancing outside is unusual. But, I have to say, we really preferred it! The dinner was so intimate, even though we had about 70 guests. We were able to easily speak to all our guests, without having a dance floor segregating everyone. The room we used for our honeymoon suite and for the girls to get ready (not the usual one- we booked the Dr. Phillips Room for the same price) was absolutely stunning. Our photographer and videographer were so pleased with the amount of light and the space in the room. I cannot recommend this venue enough. We even had some guests stay in the Wellborn, and it was so convenient. The breakfast at the IW House is great too! I am so happy with how our day went and I attribute most of it to our fabulous venue. It needs little decoration because it is so decorated already. If you're considering it, definitely choose it if you want a unique, intimate, beautiful space for your day!

Sent on 11/20/2014

The first time my fiancee and I toured the Dr. Phillips house we knew it was the venue for us. It was the perfect size for our wedding and we loved that our ceremony and reception would be in the same location. The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to ensure our special day was everything we hoped for.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2014

The moment I went to visit the venue for the first time I knew that I had found the place where I was going to get married. It is so beautiful, classy, quaint, and the perfect spot for any special occasion. I was married at the Dr. Phillips house. Angie did a fabulous job keeping me updated on any questions I may have had and overall the level of communication was awesome. I had both my ceremony and reception at the venue and everything went extremely smooth. If you're looking for a beautiful place for an event, the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is a wonderful option.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Great place and location to celebrate and hold any kind of life event or meetings. This place is huge , clean, and beautiful. The price is great.!

Sent on 08/31/2014