The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne Reviews

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 5
The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 6
The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 7

Stephanie · Getting married on 11/23/2019

When we went to tour it was immediately love at first site. We will admit that from the photos online it didn’t seem that great, but as soon as we walked through the front doors we knew that was our venue. It’s an antique “Savannah-style” estate complete with antique furniture and an old-time feel. It is very affordable, including the catering and bar services. It’s also a bed and breakfast, so you have the option of renting out all 6 rooms in the house for the night with FREE breakfast for those staying the night! They have a large, newly finished courtyard in the back that is perfect for cocktail hour. They are very accommodating with special requests and Angie is a fantastic person to work with. We are very excited to host our special day here!! The price we listed includes buffet dinner and premium open bar, tables, ceremony chairs, linens, 5 vendor meals, 1 overnight stay for bride and groom, venue, cake cutting, etc.

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 8
    The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 9
    The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 10
    The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 11
    The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne 12

Stephany · Married on 02/01/2019

Wonderful wedding

I picked this location for its character and it did not disappoint. Also Angie of millennia catering was helpful in taking care of venue/catering needs.

Lisa H. · Married on 11/18/2018

Outstanding

What a perfect venue!! The price was so reasonable and everything was picturesque. Catering is amazing and we could not be more pleased with our experience.

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

I was so stressed trying to find the perfect wedding venue. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne had everything we wanted and needed for our 70 person wedding. The staff was quick to respond to all of my emails. The bridal party and myself stayed the night prior to the wedding in the Dr. Phillips room and was able to have our hair and makeup stylist doll us up in the room. The room was huge, the gazebo was beautiful, and the lights made the venue something out of a fairy tale!

Nancy · Married on 10/09/2015

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is an ideal location for a wedding! We loved the charm, the history and the unique features this venue had to offer. The location is perfect in Orlando, centered in downtown and easy for everyone to get to. The staff are very friendly and great to work with. We had Angie help us and she is amazing, very responsive and patient with me with all of my questions. The venue itself is stunning, it has a charm all in its own and very little decor is needed. We got married in October, it was warm but no rain. At night the lights strung up in the courtyard were so pretty. If you are looking for a venue that is unique, this is a great place to pursue. They have great wedding packages and are affordable, they make it very easy on you! We were so pleased from start to finish and loved this venue! The venue is an active bed and breakfast, so bonus we got to stay in an amazing suite the evening of our wedding! The room was huge! Beautiful decor, very clean and comfortable accommodations.

I cannot say enough about this venue. As an out of state bride, I was fearing what the outcome would be and not having seen the plAce in person made me nervous. However, throughout my planning, Angie was very attentive and super accommodating. The venue is beautiful at night and gave is that homey feel we so wanted. I would totally recommend this place.

Stephanie · Married on 03/20/2015

There aren't enough good things I can say about this place! The staff is such a please to work with. I would call at the oddest hours and someone was always there to assist me. (Although Angie only works day shift)
    Let's talk about the venue: Absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't capture how breathtaking this venue truly is. From the dramatic tall columns at the front of the Dr. Phillips house, to the very back "Garden" area. I couldn't get enough. I actually opted to have my ceremony back in the garden area, cocktail and dancing in the actual courtyard, and dining inside. The Garden is such a hidden gem inside of the heart of Orlando. The forest feel in the midst of a busy city captivated each one of my guests. I was able to put french doors outside and come through them .. getting married under a huge gorgeous tree. The courtyard had lights put up prior to my wedding, much to my surprise and I almost cried of happiness when I saw them. Inside the Dr. Phillips is filled with character and vintage find in every detail of the house. I loved it.
    They have an OPEN BAR for 4 hours for astronomically LOW prices. (Which sold my Husband right away, lol) If you're looking for a beautiful vintage venue- The Courtard is the way to go.

We had our wedding at the Dr. Phillips House and it was perfect! Everyone was commenting on how magical and surreal the location was - we held our ceremony in the backyard under the gazebo, dinner inside, and then dancing outside again. It is a gorgeous location and an amazing price for what you get. Angie was such a joy to work with throughout the process and we were able to visit the location multiple times throughout the process! I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking to get married in the Orlando area!

Kellie · Married on 01/17/2015

Love this little hidden gem under i4 in Downtown Orlando. So cozy and intimate for our beautiful wedding!

Sofia · Married on 12/05/2014

Angie was wonderful to work with. She answered every single question (no matter how silly) and was flexible with payments (I tend to forget dates very easily). Although there was some confusion about another wedding the next day with a bride of the same last name and some rooms that were held, everything was worked out and the day went smoothly. The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was extremely affordable and many of our guests loved staying at the location of the venue. The IW Phillips House was the perfect location for a small, intimate wedding.

Christa · Married on 11/02/2014

We got married at the Dr. Phillips House. I cannot describe how perfect everything was. I have been to countless weddings and seen all the issues that can arise. We had no problem whatsoever with anything throughout the night and the staff was excellent. Angie was beyond helpful throughout the whole year of planning. She is so responsive and answered every question we had. I admit to asking some pretty specific and strange questions, and she was always happy to help. We were a little concerned about the layout- having dinner inside and dancing outside is unusual. But, I have to say, we really preferred it! The dinner was so intimate, even though we had about 70 guests. We were able to easily speak to all our guests, without having a dance floor segregating everyone. The room we used for our honeymoon suite and for the girls to get ready (not the usual one- we booked the Dr. Phillips Room for the same price) was absolutely stunning. Our photographer and videographer were so pleased with the amount of light and the space in the room. I cannot recommend this venue enough. We even had some guests stay in the Wellborn, and it was so convenient. The breakfast at the IW House is great too! I am so happy with how our day went and I attribute most of it to our fabulous venue. It needs little decoration because it is so decorated already. If you're considering it, definitely choose it if you want a unique, intimate, beautiful space for your day!

The first time my fiancee and I toured the Dr. Phillips house we knew it was the venue for us. It was the perfect size for our wedding and we loved that our ceremony and reception would be in the same location. The staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to ensure our special day was everything we hoped for.

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2014

The moment I went to visit the venue for the first time I knew that I had found the place where I was going to get married. It is so beautiful, classy, quaint, and the perfect spot for any special occasion. I was married at the Dr. Phillips house. Angie did a fabulous job keeping me updated on any questions I may have had and overall the level of communication was awesome. I had both my ceremony and reception at the venue and everything went extremely smooth. If you're looking for a beautiful place for an event, the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne is a wonderful option.

Great place and location to celebrate and hold any kind of life event or meetings. This place is huge , clean, and beautiful. The price is great.!

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2014

We LOVED this venue. We had the option of choosing the Dr. Phillip's house (The yellow mansion with the Gazebo in the back) or the I.W. Phillips house (blue wrap around patio) house. I'm sure a lot of people choose the Dr. Phillips house as it is breathtaking, however, the IW house is just as equally PERFECT! In fact, from a couple of acquaintances, it has been referred to as the 'quiet, cooler' outdoor wedding area compared to the Dr. Phillips house (the Dr. Phillips house is not as shaded, and a bit loud with the 408 road. My personal preference of course is to recommend the IW house with the choice between the two. The inside and outside of this house was completely breathtaking in the evening all lit up. My guests are STILL raving about what a beautiful venue the IW house was and how they had no idea it was tucked away there off of Orange Avenue. We were married on the hottest day so far this year (it was 96 degrees as a high) with a 6p start time. While still hot, at the IW house the courtyard was completely shaded and there was no 408 noise with that location. It was perfect!!!

Alicia · Married on 04/26/2014

A beautiful bed and breakfast for a romantic wedding. Angie and the whole staff go above and beyond to create a memorable wedding for the bridal couple, families, and guests.

Mickey · Married on 04/13/2014

Awesome place. We loved the uniqueness of the venue and the value. We highly recommend it.

Vanessa · Married on 04/05/2014

Working with Angie was a pleasure, she was so nice and pleasant. She was easy to reach and got back to me promptly, very helpful and informative. We had our reception at the Dr. Phillips House and it was absolutely beautiful! Package was affordable, reception, catering and drinks were all included. We loved staying in the bridal suite the night of the wedding (included in package), such a nice treat! We highly recommend you check out The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne.

• jennifer

jennifer · Married on 02/01/2014

Angie and the entire staff at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne were wonderful in every aspect of the wedding planning, rehearsal and day of event. They responded promptly when I had questions and could not have been more accommodating. I would highly recommend this vendor to future brides. It was my pleasure to have worked with them.
    Patti, MOB

Marilyn · Married on 01/11/2014

Fantastic venue for an intimate wedding. We had 60 guest. Everyone had a blast and was taken care of.

Dawn · Married on 10/20/2013

The Bed and Breakfast(Dr. Philips House) was so beautiful for my wedding. I had the time of my life with no worries. I would love to go back for a visit sometime soon.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the venue. The courtyard at the I.W. Phillips house was breathtaking at night and was perfect for our wedding of 60 guests. Angie and Sherry were awesome and so very helpful. I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

kelly · Married on 10/19/2013

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne was the first venue we visited- and we absolutely fell in love with the charm and character of the place! We chose the Dr. Phillips House (the yellow one). The courtyard in the back was perfect for our ceremony and the inside dining rooms provided an intimate feel for our guests as they dined and conversed during the dinner hour. After dinner, the courtyard area was easy to transform into the reception space. Our guests loved the indoor/outdoor atmosphere and we received so many compliments on our choice of venue.

Angie is the point of contact for the wedding side of the venue and is absolutely a dream to work with! She was incredibly responsive to all of our questions and was easy to reach by phone (during office hours) or email after hours. The packages are very affordable, and Angie was great about helping us work through the contract and add additional options until we had our dream wedding. We are so pleased we went with this venue!

Veronica · Married on 08/09/2013

The team at The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne made our wedding day simple and stress-free. Our guests really enjoyed the experience of staying for a few nights at the property. We were all able to socialize at breakfast and the venue really felt like home because so many of our guests were staying there for the wedding night. The venue itself is stunning, but the helpful and friendly staff and cooperating vendors are the best. Angie Vargas, the wedding coordinator was so patient with me and helped us through every step. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an intimate, meaningful ceremony and reception.