The Boathouse at Sunday Park Reviews

The Boathouse at Sunday Park 5
The Boathouse at Sunday Park 6
The Boathouse at Sunday Park 7

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2019

Thank you Elaine and Boathouse Staff!

We had our wedding at Boathouse at Sunday Park in June 2019 and could not have picked a better venue! Our guests loved the view, food, and service! Elaine was our day of coordinator and did a great job keeping everything on track! Her and the boathouse staff were wonderful and very attentive.

Thanks for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Nardo · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely Perfect! Dream Wedding Day!

The Boathouse at Sunday Park was the PERFECT place to hold our reception! Our day of coordinator, Laura, was amazing. She set everything up perfectly, answered our every question and made sure everything went smoothly. The staff was professional and made sure that the bride and groom had plenty of food and always had a drink available. I could not have asked for a better wedding day experience. The food was AMAZING! At the end of the night they packed everything up quickly and provided the bride and groom with tons of food to go! If you are thinking of somewhere to hold your wedding or reception- this is the perfect choice! They take care of all the small details so that you can fully enjoy your day :)

Sent on 07/30/2019

Amy · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing experience all around!

This review is long long overdue but I just had to share just how amazing the Boathouse at Sunday Park was for our wedding. The moment we toured the Boathouse on a rainy summer day I knew it was the perfect location to get married. The greenery next to the water was just perfect. You know when you love a venue in the rain, it's going to be even more perfect when it's not raining. Everything about the planning process from our initial to our final meetings was smooth. Johanna is the absolute best; I want to hire her to run my life because she is so thorough but calm and truly became a friend through this process. Everything from the food to the decor options to the staff were incredible and our guests raved too! I would have another party at the Boathouse in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Victoria · Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you Johanna and the Boathouse!

The Boathouse at Sunday Park is so incredibly beautiful and the perfect setting for a wedding! My coordinator was Johanna and she was ON TOP OF IT! I had a meeting with Johanna two months before my wedding where she went through every aspect of the wedding so I knew exactly what I still needed to do and what things I needed to talk to other vendors about. I had another meeting with her two weeks before the wedding to finalize everything. Throughout the year I worked with Johanna, she answered all my emails quickly and thoroughly (and I had a lot of questions!). When I needed to make any last minute changes, Johanna was super accommodating. She updated my floor plan several times when I had changes in my guest count. The ceremony and reception ran so smoothly thanks to Johanna and everyone at the Boathouse. Johanna was in contact with the DJ through walkie talkie throughout the ceremony, telling him when to change the music. Immediately after the ceremony a server brought a tray of hors d’oeuvres and signature cocktails for the bridal party to eat before beginning pictures. The food and the service during the reception were amazing and we got a lot of compliments from guests! We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Boathouse!!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Cali Williams · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Bohemian Fall Wedding

Sara & the team at The Boathouse at Sunday Park made my special day perfect. Everything about the day was spectacular, except the freezing November temp.. but still no complaints. Sara made sure everything ran smoothly and worked with all my vendors to make sure my day was nothing short of pure bliss. The food was exceptional, all my guests raved about the menu! The day went by so fast but it went off without any hiccups, and well If there was a hiccup, Sara made sure they would not be noticed.

The boathouse is amazing because everything is Included, bar, food, linens, tables and chairs, and a venue coordinator that was absolutely a pleasure to work with and made sure my vision came to life.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Laura · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Everything was perfect! I always wanted to get married here and I am so glad we choose it. Everything was wonderful..food was incredible. No issues at all. Johanna was amazing and answered every question we had. Best experience ever and I would highly recommend having your wedding here! We got so many compliments on our wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Allene Cahill · Married on 10/14/2018

Fabulous Venue

Our daughter got married October 14th at the Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the impeccable, friendly, and personal service we received. Our Event Coordinator was Elaine Rush, and from the time we booked the event in March until the wedding day, Elaine kept us on track to be sure everything was covered and that we didn’t forget any small, but important details. Boathouse has a complete vendor list they provide, and Elaine steered us to the PERFECT DJ and officiant. Besides the bride and groom, the STAR of the day was THE FOOD! My husband and I were so proud to be hosts if this event. The venue itself is beautiful with views of the James River, and the location provides a visual nod to both historic Richmond and views of the contemporary architecture from the city’s financial district. We highly recommend Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing for ANY special event.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Venue

From the moment my husband and I saw the Boathouse at Sunday Park we fell in love! Everything from the food to the location was perfect! My guests could not stop commenting on how much they loved the venue and the food. Sara and her team did an amazing job decorating and putting our vision together to create a perfect day. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 09/29/2018

Most Perfect Venue

My wedding at the Boathouse at Sunday Park could not have been more perfect if the Pinterest fairy planned it herself. I can not express the gratitude I feel towards the Boathouse assigned coordinator, Johanna, and the Boathouse staff for the level of customer service and genuine care they took for my husband and me on our wedding day. They made every dream come true and, above that, every member of the wait staff and event team made me feel like I had actual friends running my wedding who genuinely cared about making everything perfect! It never felt like anyone was doing a job because of the graciousness and kindness of all involved - and trust me they were all working their butts.

Walking into the reception, I saw the party of my dreams with all of my plans and designs brought to life. There is not a single thing I would change about the day and I appreciate everything The Boathouse did to make it perfect... Including getting my parents packed up and out of there so fast my dad was in bed snoring before midnight. Bravo.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 8
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 9
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 10
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 11

Holly · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding at The Boathouse at Sunday Park was more than we ever could have dreamed of. Sara was amazing to work with and ensured that everything went off without any problems on our wedding day. We received so many compliment on the food and our guests were in awe of the beautfiul venue.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Allison · Married on 09/08/2018

The Boathouse at Sunday Park is extraordinarily beautiful. You get a beautiful garden wedding on the waterfront- something that is totally unique to the Boathouse. Not only is the beauty wonderful, but the staff at the Boathouse operates so efficiently and makes the wedding planning process so much easier. The perks of booking with the Boathouse at first seemed nice enough, but the included linens, ample chairs, on-site coordinator, midnight snack bag, and everything else ended up making my life a whole lot easier during a time where I was incredibly busy with wedding planning, job things, and other life things going on. I had the most perfect wedding day and I cannot thank the staff at the Boathouse enough!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/07/2018

Sara (our planner) made our wedding perfect. I cannot express how good it is to hand over the reins on the big day and let someone else take care of everything. Also, I am STILL getting calls from guests complimenting us on our beautiful wedding and thanking us for such a great time.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Becca · Married on 09/02/2018

The Boathouse at Sunday Park exceeded all our expectations! It is such a beautiful location, which made the need for extra decoration very minimal. Johanna, the day-of coordinator was really a key addition to our day, as she made sure everything went smoothly and we stuck to the time schedule. The food was delicious, and they packed up an extra meal for both my husband and me to take with us when we left. We had so many people comment on how great the venue was and how perfect the space was for a wedding. The Boathouse really knows what they're doing and makes sure that your vision comes to life for your special day!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Matthew · Married on 09/01/2018

We absolutely loved our experience of working with the Boathouse at Sunday park. All the staff there were so friendly and made the entire process as smooth as possible. They also recommended our DJ and Photographer and both of those vendors were equally as amazing. The food was fantastic and we are still receiving compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed everything.

We also were especially grateful for Sara, the event coordinator. We had weather issues the day of the wedding and she was so patient and reassuring the entire time and made sure to inform us of all our options while making sure we were comfortable with all the decisions being made. Everything worked out flawlessly and we are so grateful to have had her help.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Maggie · Married on 08/25/2018

The Boathouse at Sunday Park was not only a gorgeous venue, but our coordinator was amazing! Johanna helped us from day one keeping us organized and she was always easily reached. All of our guests were blown away by how beautiful the venue was, the delicious food and the wonderful service!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 12
  • Jessica

Jessica Arevalo · Married on 08/25/2018

My wedding😍😍

I loved everything about our wedding the food the service and also the lake view it was perfect affortable price couldn't asked for more it was perfect 😍😍

Sent on 12/06/2018

Nicholas · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot say enough good things. They were great as very helpful both before and in the wedding night

Sent on 07/28/2018

Kaity · Married on 07/07/2018

The Boathouse is the perfect venue for an outdoor wedding! Guests could not get over how beautiful the landscaping was, and the Swift Creek Reservoir right behind us made for incredible photos. Johanna and the rest of the Boathouse team were very helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. If you want a seamless planning process and gorgeous venue, the Boathouse at Sunday Park is a perfect choice!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Laura · Married on 06/22/2018

I could not have asked for a better venue then The Boathouse at Sunday Park! Everything was exceptional! From the food, bar, tables and linens, the ceremony, and reception, I could not have envisioned it going as wonderful as it did...it was the absolute best day! There was some on and off rain the day of our wedding, but it stopped just long enough for our ceremony to remain outside. Johanna and Sara were so terrific to work with. Johanna was quick to respond to my MANY emails and questions and Sara was a huge help the day of the wedding. It is so beautiful there and the staff made sure we were happy and did so much amazing work. Our guests had a great time and repeatedly said so. Getting married at The Boathouse was worth every penny!

Sent on 07/15/2018
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 13
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 14
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 15
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 16
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/16/2018

It literally was my magical dream wedding

Wow I could go on and on about this venue! IT WAS MY DREAM WEDDING! Weather was beautiful by the water, staff were friendly and attentive. My coordinator did a great job making sure everything was ready to go and in the right order. The food....well don’t even get me started on that because it was phenomenal! So yummy! Many people prefer a Friday night or Saturday night wedding, but I went with a Saturday morning/afternoon wedding which turned out to be a winner! Cheaper and also, the restaurant doesn’t open until 4pm on Saturdays so we had the place to ourselves! Food was pricey, but it was so delicious I won’t complain too much. Everything went over so smoothly, I couldn’t even believe it was MY wedding! I was so nervous that something would go wrong, but nothing! The Boathouse at Sunday Park really helped make my wedding dreams come true by being so easy to work with, and not to mention, BEAUTIFUL!! Get married here and you too will have your dream wedding with views to make you speechless!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 17
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 18
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 19
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 20
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 21
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 22

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2018

The team at The Boathouse at Sunday Park was fantastic! Our 10:30 AM wedding was absolutely wonderful and everyone had a great time. The coordinators did an awesome job and I felt that we were in very good hands. The breakfast was delicious and the views were incredible. 10/10

Sent on 06/21/2018

Brittany · Married on 06/08/2018

The Boathouse is amazing!! The food is great and the view is the perfect back drop for a wedding. Johanna was our event coordinator and she did a great job helping our vision for the wedding come to life. The planning process and even the day of the wedding was a smooth process. Communication was great as well! The staff was excellent and very professional. I could not have asked for a better day and venue. Everything was perfect!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Jenna · Married on 04/28/2018

I can't say enough great things about this venue. The event coordinator was so responsive, accommodating to any request we had, and was always pleasant to communicate with. They made all the stresses of wedding planning so much easier. The day of coordinator made sure everything went smoothly and constantly checked on the bride and groom to make sure we were okay. Her calm and collected nature REALLY helped this nervous bride the morning of the wedding. We were so pleasantly surprised the day of our wedding that they decorated for us - and we had a lot of decorations! The venue is absolutely stunning and we were so fortunate to have such gorgeous weather that highlighted the venue's beauty even more. This venue is seriously worth every penny and I would say it is a steal considering all this venue has to offer. I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. You will not be disappointed if you choose this venue for your wedding. I highly recommend that you do! (Photos by Leigh Skaggs Photography)

Sent on 05/11/2018
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 23
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 24
    The Boathouse at Sunday Park 25

Stephanie · Married on 04/13/2018

The Boathouse at Sunday park was incredible. I loved how attentive the staff were and some even assisted with set up and clean up. Drinks and appetizers were constantly being handed out. The food was excellent and there was plenty of room for dancing for my 70 guests. I loved having Johanna as my coordinator. She was patient and helped me visualize small but important details. The location was also gorgeous and my guests kept raving how beautiful the wedding was.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2017

I highly recommend the Boathouse at Sunday Park. We were lucky enough to secure the venue for our October wedding on fairly short notice (3 months out) and are so glad we did. It's a great value for the money and a beautiful setting too. All my guests raved about it. At first, I was a little afraid the venue wouldn't provide the privacy I was seeking (with the restaurant and park being right there), but on my wedding day, I didn't have that concern at all. It felt like a totally private area for our wedding and reception. Alli was our coordinator and was awesome. She was extremely responsive and had all the details under control. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/31/2017