The Birchwood Reviews

The Birchwood 5
The Birchwood 6
The Birchwood 7

Leigh Ann and Keith Crutcher · Getting married on 01/04/2020

The Birchwood is outstanding!!!

We are coming off of such a wonderful high this past weekend, as we watched our daughter marry the man of her dreams at the beautiful Birchwood! Where do we even begin in describing how perfectly wonderful all of the staff and services were in making our daughter’s wedding dreams come true?! Heather Lorenz, the wedding coordinator was absolutely fantastic; always available when we reached out to her with questions, so friendly, pleasant and assuring and just a joy to work with. Mary, the event manager, was also there to assist us with everything and helped to make the event so special. And Rebecca, the wonderful banquet manager, coordinated with her very experienced staff an awesome array of delicious passed appetizers and a superb meal that all of our guests were raving about! And our friends and family know good food!! She and her staff provided exceptional service with ease. Our food was served hot, it was delicious, and really was just out of this world! We just can’t say enough about everyone at the Birchwood....the front desk staff, housekeeping, restaurant staff....everyone!.....we wish we could do it all over again and we recommend the Birchwood for anyone who appreciates a beautiful hotel with truly amazing service and attention to detail! Thank you to everyone there who made the day a dream come true for our daughter:) We will definitely be back to enjoy this wonderful hotel again!!!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Leigh Ann Crutcher · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Outstanding!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 02/23/2019

The perfect setting for the perfect day

I can't say enough great things about The Birchwood and it's staff. From start to finish Heather and team were always there to answer any questions I had, no matter how insignificant or silly they were. My guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and the delicious food. I did use one of their recommended day-of coordinators, Samantha from Blue Skies, and her and the team at The Birchwood worked flawlessly together. We had an after party at the Canopy and Grace was wonderful to work with and coordinated everything great with the ballroom. Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 03/16/2019
  • Megan

Megan Schmit · Married on 02/03/2019

Brunch Wedding

The Birchwood FAR exceeded my expectations in a venue. I knew immediately when I met Heather and saw the space it was exactly what I wanted. The ballroom is elegant and really unique. My now husband and I had previously dined at their restaurant The Birch&vine and already knew we loved the food. I can’t say enough good things about this venue and the team in charge of executing events. The planning was effortless. The team was extremely accommadating, responsive, and professional. My day went perfect. We had a small (70 ppl)
    Sunday bruch wedding with the ceremony and reception on site in the ballroom. Everyone RAVED about the food. After our reception we decided to cut the cake upstairs at the Canopy. The transition was perfect and offered even more outstanding service and great views of downtown St.Pete. I will forever be gratful to the Birchwood and their team for pulling off a Dream Wedding day for me and my family!

Sent on 03/27/2019
    The Birchwood 8
    The Birchwood 9
    The Birchwood 10

Katie · Married on 11/24/2018

We LOVE the Birchwood!

My daughter’s wedding reception was held in the ballroom at the Birchwood. It could not have been more perfect! Heather, the event coordinator, was a joy to work with. She answered all of our questions patiently and promptly. The food was delicious, and the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend the Birchwood! The location, the beautiful ballroom and competent staff cannot be topped.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

When I began wedding planning, I had a few venues in mind. I wanted my wedding to have an elegant vintage style to it. The Birchwood was at the top of my list for venues I'd like to tour and after doing 1-2 tours in the same day, my now husband and I arrived at The Birchwood last. Immediately, we fell in love. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area so I was familiar with the beauty of The Birchwood and I have always loved the liveliness of Downtown St. Petersburg. Seeing the Grand Ballroom inside The Birchwood was exactly everything we wanted for our wedding venue, so we had both our ceremony and reception on site! The location, venue, style...everything was perfect. The people we were fortunate enough to work with at The Birchwood were also perfection!!! Heather, Mary, Rebecka, Leja...the main ladies that I've communicated with, but not to mention all the behind the scenes Birchwood team that is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL as well. The fact that the ceremony and the reception was in the same ballroom, and they flipped that room so seamlessly during our cocktail hour (behind the scenes of course so guests couldn't see it) is just amazing. We offered our wedding guests a seated dinner and immediately we received compliments on the freshness, the taste, the plate presentation, etc. I have to point out that Heather is so sweet and has been very quick in responding to me about ANY questions. Rebecka and her team during dinner were terrific as well, always making sure everyone has what they need and she even personally wanted to make sure everything was going great. Also, we stayed the night in the hotel and it was such a beautiful room that was always clean! Such genuine people around you during what can become such a stressful day makes all the difference. The flexibility and professionalism of The Birchwood is SO comforting when you're planning a wedding..very great energy to have around yourself for your wedding day and all the days leading up to it. Thank you to everyone there!!

Sent on 09/08/2018

The Birchwood's reply:

Thank you Melanie for your kind words! Our *entire* team loved working with you and it was our pleasure to help celebrate with you as well!

Scott · Married on 06/14/2018

Absolutely the best! Food was fantastic, space was elegant yet modern, and they were super accommodating. Highly recommended, especially after a morning wedding nearby at Sunken Gardens.

Sent on 07/16/2018

The Birchwood's reply:

Thank you Scott! We appreciate your positive recommendation. We love to help celebrate special occasions here at The Birchwood!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

The Birchwood made my dream wedding come true!! Everything from the planning, to the service, to the quality of the food was exquisite! The staff was a joy to work with! Very accommodating and flexible to all of my requests and made sure to keep me up-to-date on everything. They were very quick with their responses and were always good about reminding me to look into little details, such as parking and blocking off rooms at the hotel. The Birchwood made sure everything looked absolutely perfect the day of our wedding - every last detail was accounted for! Five months later and guests from my wedding are still raving about how amazing the food was! We did five separate stations for our food and each one was not only delicious but also beautifully presented and maintained throughout the wedding. Mary and Leja (the Birchwood wedding planners) were amazing and made sure everything was taken care of, so that I did not have to stress about anything! The view from the Grand Ballroom was incredible and having our own balcony was such a special treat, the guests really enjoyed being able to be outside to enjoy the beautiful view! Being in the heart of downtown was also definitely a plus! Additionally, the Canopy was the perfect place to keep the party going after the wedding was over! Our hotel suite at the Birch and Vine was beautiful, so romantic and the perfect place to spend our first night as husband and wife! I cannot recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

The Birchwood's reply:

What wonderful sentiments....Thank you Elizabeth! We are so honored to have been a part of your dream wedding! Best wishes to you and Jeremy always!

Connor · Married on 03/24/2018

My wife Jennifer and I had several tours scheduled with different locations around St. Pete when we were searching for a venue. The Birchwood threw a wrench into those plans in the best way possible. As soon as we walked into the ballroom we knew it was the location for us.

If I could explain our experience with the Birchwood in one word, it would have to be professional. They very clearly showed Jennifer and I they were an experienced group, willing to accommodate any request we had easily and thoroughly. Jennifer and I are very meticulous people - so we were emailing the representatives at the Birchwood several times a day. Every email was met. Every phone call was returned. Every question was answered.

When we went to our prep meeting before the big day we had several representatives from the Birchwood attend - and every single one wanted to make sure their part of the process was 110% covered. It was a relief being in that room.

I could go on and compliment the Birchwood immensely but I think I have made my point. When the Wedding planning and execution has stressed you and your partner out - you want to make sure your vendors are reliable. The Birchwood is extremely reliable.

If the Birchwood is a viable option for you to use on your wedding day - I can confidently suggest their services.

Sent on 04/04/2018

The Birchwood's reply:

It was our pleasure to help plan alongside with you and Jennifer! Thank you for celebrating your special day here with us!

Amy · Married on 11/04/2017

Everything about my wedding at the Birchwood was PERFECT!!! This venue checked every box - incredible view, heart of downtown, beautiful ballroom and we were able to have our ceremony there as well. I wanted to have the ceremony outside, but none of the parks were available. I was hesitant about having it in the same space as the reception, but it turned out great. It was a beautiful space that was large enough and they flipped it very quickly. My guests could not get over how incredible the space was. People were outside on our own balcony all night and the cocktail hour upstairs as the sun was setting was gorgeous (or so I hear since I wasn't there!). I can't recommend the Birchwood along with Mary and Leja enough!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2017

The Birchwood made our dream wedding come true!! Everything was absolutely perfect from the beginning. Mary Barnett helped us create an ideal floor plan for our guest count, helped us choose our food choices and drink tier, and worked with my wedding planner on an emergency plan B for the rainy day. She also kept in touch with me through the weeks leading up to the big day to assure that all details went smoothly, and the vendors were all up to date on everything.

The hotel rooms took my breath away. They make you feel like you're taking a step back in time, but had a modern twist. My wedding party and I loved the amount of space we had in the room (and huge bathroom!) to spread out and relax while getting ready. And the bed was so comfortable!!

I will never forget the moment I stepped in the ballroom and saw everything put together. The flowers, table linens, place settings, lighting, and details were exquisite. We received multiple compliments from our guests about the food (the bone-in filet was to die for) and the drinks, particularly the wine ( which Dennis, the in-house sommelier helped us pair with dinner!). I also want to thank the Birchwood for the incredible passed appetizers at cocktail hour. Easy to eat in a white dress, and so delicious.

From the incredible service, communication, food/wine, and accomodations, The Birchwood was truly a dream venue! Wish we could do it all again!!

Sent on 01/06/2018
    The Birchwood 18
    The Birchwood 19
    The Birchwood 20

Viveka · Married on 08/05/2017

The Birchwood was everything we could have hoped for and more! There was not a single detail spared! This premiere downtown St. Pete location felt so personal as they helped make our vision for the wedding come to life. Many other venues in the Tampa Bay area charge exorbitant fees for basic items that the Birchwood has in-house and at your disposal!

Leading up to the big day, our wedding coordinator was always easy to get a hold of and had quick response times. She ensured everything was taken care of ahead of time, down to the day-of valet parking for our guests! Our tasting was exquisite, a true culinary experience as we sampled our menu for the reception.

Our reception was stunning in the elegant Ballroom and our guests could not get enough of the view from the balcony! The team ensured that the wedding day was seamless so that we could enjoy the celebration and not worry about a thing! Our guests are still raving about the food, ambiance, professional staff and overall superb experience.

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience so I HIGHLY recommend the Birchwood for a wedding- or any other event!!

-Mother of a very happy Bride

Sent on 12/27/2017
    The Birchwood 21

Carrie · Married on 07/07/2017

From the time we toured the Birchwood, it was clear that it checked every box for us. We wanted a central location, an indoor ceremony with a view, amazing food and service all within a beautiful and classic venue. All of these items truly passed with flying colors. As the bride, I was able to stay on site and have a suite for all of the girls to get ready in. Out of town guests loved the convenience of staying on site but still having so many things to do surrounding them in Downtown St. Pete. The banquet chef created the most exquisite menu to accommodate all of our guests and I am still receiving complements on the food almost 6 months later. We wish we could relive the meal from our wedding day every single day. The service was exceptional - everyone was attended to and my husband and I received VIP care during our reception. I remember walking in from outside pictures (in July!) to come to our table with a tray of appetizers, our salads and our drink of choice from the bar for each of us. It's the little details that make a difference! Not to mention, the banyan trees and Straub Park across the street make for gorgeous pictures! Mary, Leja and the entire team worked tirelessly to ensure our wedding day would be perfect and it truly was. I cannot extend enough gratitude or recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    The Birchwood 22
    The Birchwood 23

Joanna · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a wonderful experience, the food was great and Mary the coordinator went above and beyond to make the day go smoothly, she didn't miss a single detail. The whole staff was wonderful, helpful and very professional we can't thank you enough!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

My fiance and I looked at a lot of different vendors in both Tampa and St. Petersburg. What we loved the most about the Birchwood was that everything was all in one place. We wanted to have our ceremony outside, and we were able to across the street from The Birchwood in North Straub Park. All of the staff and planners at The Birchwood were amazing! Our planners Lauren and then Mary, and Leja were so accommodating and wonderful! We were able to get all of the little details into our reception; the ballroom looked so beautiful for our wedding. The food was to die for and the service of the waitstaff and bar were so sweet, helpful and quick! Everyone at our wedding was raving about the food and bar service. We also stayed at The Birchwood's hotel. The rooms are so gorgeous for getting ready pictures, I can't wait to see them all! I would highly recommend The Birchwood! You will not have to worry about a thing as a bride and just be able to relax and enjoy your day!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Savitri · Married on 05/20/2017

Mary, Leja and the entire Birchwood family !!!!!
    Coming into this without a wedding planner, finding a venue wasn't so easy. When we decided to go with Birchwood we had already made a deposit with another venue of which was non-refundable. We explained this to Mary but she never gave up. The professionalism and care was truly genuine, so we took the lost and decided to go with who made us feel most comfortable...well that and the view!!! :). With very little local family; the help we received from Mary and Leja was amazing from start to finish. They gave advice where needed and went above and beyond to help me; and for that I am ever so grateful!!!??
    Thank you guys so much for working with us and being very patient about it!!! Our family and friends went back to Turks and Caicos talking about how much fun they had up here!!!
    Wish we could do it all over again, you never want the fun to end :).

Thank you thank you!!!!!
    Love The Glintons!!! ??

Sent on 06/07/2017

Tina · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our daughter's wedding on June 10th at the Birchwood, Mary Barnett, the sales rep went above and beyond her job to make this wedding flawless. The waitstaff, bartenders and Rebecca the catering manager made sure everything was perfect. Every guest raved about the food, service and beauty of the ballroom. Many guests said it was the best wedding they have attended. My daughter can't stop talking about her perfect her wedding was.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Jessica · Married on 02/11/2017

The Birchwood was the first venue we looked at when planning our wedding and I knew immediately that it was the perfect spot for our wedding day! Lauren and Leja were so helpful thoughout the entire process! The room was beautiful with an exceptional view of downtown and the food was delicious! All my guests were extremely happy and talked about how wonderful their experiences were! I would highly recommend any special event at The Birchwood!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 01/27/2017

We worked with The Birchwood to host our After Party at the Rooftop Canopy. We had all four canopies reserved to continue the party after our wedding reception. We had about 30-40 people go. It was a great place to hold an after party.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2016

We had our rehearsal brunch at the Birchwood and it was everything we hoped for! I can't comment on the planning aspects, as I did not take part in that, but as a bride, everything was amazing and the venue could not have been more beautiful.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2016

I am so happy that my husband and I chose the right venue for our wedding. We knew that we wanted something classic and elegant, and The Birchwood definitely delivered. From day one, everyone we worked with was extremely responsive and flexible. We wanted our entire wedding to be vegan, and all of the staff at The Birchwood didn't even bat an eye! This was absolutely not the case with any other venue or catering company we talked to. The Birchwood staff responded to literally every little question I had immediately, and kindly. The chef made us several different options at our tasting to accommodate our vegan menu, and it was all delicious! The day before the wedding, we needed to get in to the ballroom to set a few things up, and the staff made it happen for us even though they had to rush. The bridal suite was gorgeous, and they delivered a nice plate of our appetizers and mojitos to us during our cocktail hour so that we could have a moment alone before making a grand entrance to our reception. When we walked into our reception, it was more than we ever could have hoped for! The sweetheart table they set up for us was so beautiful, and there were many little touches that we never would have thought of that pulled everything together perfectly. Our wedding guests were raving about the food, and they were surprised that eating an all plant-based meal could taste so good! At the end of the night, a few of us went up to The Canopy rooftop bar and enjoyed a few drinks and some cupcakes in a cabana. When we returned to the bridal suite, a bottle of champagne was waiting. It was all so magical. The Birchwood staff thought of every little detail, and worked very hard to make our day as special as possible. Every step of the way, we knew that we had chosen the right venue. Lauren, Leja, Tim, Casey, Chef Karim, and everyone else who worked so hard to make us so blissfully happy, we appreciate you! Thank you for the beautiful memories!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Britanny · Married on 11/05/2016

We were totally blown away with The Birchwood on our wedding day! We are so thankful we chose this unique venue to host our reception. We worked with Lauren, Leja and Casey during our wedding planning process. They were easy to work with, quick with communication to all our questions and made our day completely stress free! The ballroom was so beautiful and elegant as-is, we knew we wouldn't have to go over the top with decor and flowers. The food was absolutely amazing, we got so many complements from our guests on how delicious the appetizers and dinner were. I so impressed with every detail...I highly recommend The Birchwood for any future bride!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Meghan · Married on 09/04/2016

Its been three weeks since our wedding and people are STILL raving about the venue. Its such a gorgeous set up and the food was absolutely amazing. The chef even made my father a special meal since he had just had surgery and was having trouble eating - I really can't say enough about how attentive and involved he was. The team there is really great and we had an awesome experience working with them.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/23/2016

The Birchwood did an absolutely fabulous job hosting our wedding. Their ballroom is beautiful and elegant. I saw no need to spend extra money on draping the walls or purchasing chair covers or fancy linens. The room is beautiful, as-is, and we were so happy with how everything looked. The event and banquet managers were wonderful. They were so organized and quick to respond to my (probably too many) questions. They went out of their way to make sure I was happy, adding “local beers” to our bar package when we asked and including extra items in our private tasting in order to choose the best menu. I can’t say enough good things about the food – so delicious. The event and banquet team were truly a pros, with every detail planned prior to our event. We were provided a CAD style drawing of your layout, complete with every table and chair placement. They triple checked timelines and numbers and went over every detail at our final walk thru. They were very patient when I had to email the morning of the wedding with last minute changes as a couple surprise guests had shown up. As organized as they were, I was completely at ease when the day came, knowing they had a rock solid plam. We stayed at the hotel the night prior. The rooms are beautiful and large, easily accommodating my 6 bridesmaids, the moms, and a hair and makeup team, and made for beautiful “getting ready” photos. The front desk staff was just as attentive and accommodating. The reception went flawlessly. I think they served our 120-guest reception in about 10 minutes, which was quite impressive, given we had 4 entrée selections. The wait staff, bartenders, and the entire team were wonderful. We also took advantage of the Canopy for our after-party, where we continued to receive amazing service. Not one person had a complaint about ANYTHING. If you want a flawless event, the Birchwood will definitely take care of you! We loved every minute of our wedding day and wouldn’t change a thing! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/05/2017