The Best Wedding For You Reviews

The Best Wedding For You 1
The Best Wedding For You 2
The Best Wedding For You 3

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

We hired Julie as our wedding coordinator and her husband Mick as our DJ for our May 2015 wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum. Julie kept us on track throughout the process and recommended vendors in our preferred price range. She was also a great resource for us as neither of us had been involved with planning a wedding before, and she gave us a healthy mix of information on how things are “usually” done and encouragement to do things how we wanted. Julie and Mick were both great to work with!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Julie is amazing. Those three words pretty much sum her up. Before we decided to hire anyone, we asked around for advice on venues because we're not local to the area. Julie was willing to have a skype chat with us about venues before we even booked her! It was so nice to finally meet a vendor that we felt like actually cared about our wedding. We hired her for month of coordination, but we feel like she helped us so much more than that. She gave us vender referrals, meet with us when we came from out of town 6 months before our wedding, and we had a few other skype chats with her with along the way. She let us ship some items to her house which she brought to the wedding, was so helpful during our rehearsal, made us a very detailed and helpful day-of schedule, was willing to come to our venue early to help set up, she even did a wine run mid wedding as we were running low on white. I am sure there are many more things Julie did on our wedding day that made it run smoothly and the beauty of it is that I never knew! She just made everything happen quietly and problem solved when needed. Julie is amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Kellie · Married on 05/10/2015

Julie is an amazing coordinator, with out her, I do not think our wedding would have been as absolutely perfect as it was!! My husband and I changed our venue 5 months before our wedding date, due to our resort in Cabo being wiped out by the hurricane. I did so much yelping, wedding wire reading and searching on The Knot.... and Julie's name kept coming up with outstanding reviews! I was very panicked about re planning my entire venue, and when I spoke with Julie the very 1st time, she made me feel so much better! She was extremely responsive the entire time, always willing to meet with me or talk to me anytime I needed her. Her recommendations for other vendors turned out to be excellent and truly made our wedding that much better!! My nephew at first was wondering why we needed a coordinator, and when he saw her in action, he stated, "There is no way this could have been pulled off without her!" Julie is the Wedding Coordinator extraordinaire!! She also suggested we use Elite British DJ, her husband Mick, and together they are THE Wedding Dream Team!! To ensure your wedding be the very best day of your lives, as was ours, then look no further and give Julie a call!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Catherine · Married on 12/12/2014

We met Julie through her husband Mick, the Elite British DJ. We were looking for a month-of coordinator, and upon meeting Julie knew she would do a great job. We booked a packaged deal with her and Mick... GREAT value for what they provided in their services!

Julie is thorough, professional, and patient. My husband and I have both done event planning in past jobs so we were particular about working with someone who would run things at the same quality as we would, and Julie definitely delivered. We had snags outside of our control with the ceremony thrown our way during the few weeks leading up to the wedding and during the wedding day (due to schedule running a bit behind), but Julie stepped in and helped us out and went above and beyond to help us overcome the challenges with no added stress. After finishing up with the church ceremony and photos, we arrived at the reception, and it was more beautiful than we had even imagined! It was better than we had pictured! The night flew by effortlessly from our perspective.

We absolutely loved working with Julie, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a coordinator! If you're looking for a DJ, we also recommend her husband Mick with Elite British DJ!

Sent on 02/09/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2014

Julie Scrivener made me and my husband's wedding absolutely amazing. She is an extremely professional and hard working wedding planner and day-of coordinator. She kept everything organized from our outside vendors, wedding guests, wedding gifts, reception set-up, time schedule and more. We don't know how we would have had such an incredible wedding without her. We would recommend Julie to anyone getting married! She was extremely flexible and was willing to travel to Palm Springs even though her home is in San Diego. Julie thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for everything!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

Julie was so amazing to work with! I hired her for the month/day of coordination, and I simply don't know how I would have survived the month leading up to my wedding without her. Julie is extremely organized, responsive and was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so helpful with everything leading up to the wedding and everything went extremely smoothly the day of the wedding because of Julie! I can't begin to thank her enough for allowing me to have a stress free wedding day! I would highly recommend Julie!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Nanette · Married on 08/31/2014

We were very pleased to have Julie as the coordinator for my daughter's wedding. She did an excellent job of seeing to all the little details and making sure that everything was done and went smoothly. During the planning process, she was able to help us with choosing vendors and dealing with all the other little details that come up when planning such a big event. I was amazed at how detailed and organized she was in the month leading up to the wedding. I have to say that our daughter's wedding went off pretty much flawlessly and much of the credit goes to Julie. I would highly recommend her as a coordinator. I can also highly recommend her husband as a DJ as well.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Karina · Married on 08/31/2014

I had heard from many brides that having a coordinator for the day of is a must! My mom found Julie and Mick (her husband who was the DJ) and we decided to use her month-of service just to make sure we were on track with everything. She is so organized and has great suggestions! There are so many things I would never have thought of if Julie hadn’t brought them up! She also will attend vendor meetings, which is great because she takes plenty of notes to make sure she is on the same page. The best thing about Julie is that she is so honest with her suggestions! I can’t say how many times I emailed her just to get her advice on things! The day of the wedding was very smooth. I know she had a short window in which she had to set up, but you would have never known because the room was beautiful! She kept us on schedule the whole night which was great because the night flew by! She also made sure we both ate! I couldn’t be more pleased with how the wedding turned out, and I would highly recommend Julie! She is fantastic!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Robin · Married on 08/30/2014

We hired Julie for our daughter's wedding. She was fantastic! She is very organized and had an amazing timeline. I didn't have to worry about anything. Everything went smoothly as planned from set-up to take down. I would highly recommend Julie and her DJ husband Mick. They make a great team! I would give 10 stars if I could! She was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Raj + Aman · Married on 08/07/2014

Julie was a dream to work with. We were planning the wedding from Canada so we knew we needed some sort of help. We decided to go with the combination package of Julie's full services along with DJ British Elite's services. We are so glad we did! They are a husband and wife team and they worked together beautifully. Julie was extremely helpful in making sure that we had things done in a timely manner. Wedding planning can be stressful but she completely took the stress away, she was on top of everything. We can not think of one negative point in the entire year that we were dealing with Julie. She went above and beyond my expectations of a wedding planner, she even picked up the wine we ordered in advance for our rehearsal dinner and stored it at her house until the night of and then delivered it to the restaurant herself! As the wedding drew near she was coordinating with all the vendors and making sure that everything was going to be on time and everyone was aware of locations, details, etc. We literally only had to communicate with Julie and she took care of everything else! It was such a relief not having to send a million emails to multiple vendors. On the day of the wedding, everything went spectacularly.. not one misstep. Julie was there every step of the way and even stayed until the very end of the reception to take some personal items back to our suite. I would absolutely recommend Julie as a wedding planner. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and she takes a lot of that credit!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kristen · Married on 07/18/2014

Julie and Mick were referred to us by friends and we could not be happier with their work. It was such a pleasure working with both of them! Julie was very professional at the rehearsal and made sure we knew what we were doing. The day of the wedding, anything that went wrong, I had no clue because she took care of it and made sure I did not have one worry. Even when the groom's mom and sister in law was stuck in traffic and the ceremony was starting late, I had no idea! The timeline she puts together is so helpful and the questionnaire she sends really makes you happy you have her because there were questions on there I would of never thought of. She put out my centerpieces because my florist was not local and definitely not flexible and she did a perfect job. If I needed something, Julie was right there to get it for me. I don't know what I would of done without her!

The next day, I received a 4 minute video of pictures they took during the wedding and it was put to our wedding song. It's really a nice touch, especially since we have to wait weeks before we get our video and pictures. You will be in such good hands with this wonderful duo. Book them!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Megan · Married on 07/12/2014

Julie was absolutely amazing!!!! We were required by Paradise Point to have a day of coordinator and not only was she amazing and on top of everything the day of our wedding, but from the day we hired her she was organizing and keeping in contact with me. She contacted all my vendors and made sure they knew what time and where they needed to be, I didn't not have to worry about a thing. My mom, sister, dad, everybody who came in contact with her at some point throughout our wedding was raving about how calm, organized and just on point with everything that goes on that day! I really don't know what I would have done without her!!!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Angela · Married on 07/07/2014

Julie assisted my husband and I with our wedding ceremony and reception. She is professional, courteous and direct. She is flexible, understanding and classy. We utilized her husband, Mitch, for our music. He, too, is kind and professional. Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. We had an additional reception a few months later. We wished we had hired Julie for that event as well. To go from having the support from Julie to doing everything on our own was quite difficult.
    Julie's pricing structure is fair and reasonable. The value received is beyond measure. Hire Julie. You will know you'll be taken care of.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Marvie · Married on 05/31/2014

I LOVE Julie! I don't know what we would have done without her!. My husband and I got married in Coronado on May 31. We met with Julie way back maybe in August or September and hired her to come in 3 months prior to the wedding. Even before the 3 months she was there to help and guide us. She is very easy and fun to work with. She is quick to respond and very knowledgable about the wedding industry and what she does. I was especially grateful to have her about 2 weeks before the wedding and especially the day of! It's amazing how much detail and stress comes with wedding planning, especially the few weeks right before. Having Julie there to answer all my questions and pretty much take over all the hiccups and last minute stuff was beyond helpful and saved us so much stess! I can't even explain how amazing she was the day of our wedding! Our bridal party is pretty rowdy and she managed them with a smile on her face! Everything went so smoothly and more perfect than we imagined and we have Julie to thank for that! The best advice my husband and I were given by everyone prior to the wedding was to try to take it all in and enjoy ourselves because the day/night will go by so fast. Julie made that happen for us! I highly reccommend Julie as your wedding coordinator!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/23/2014

I met with Julie and immediately loved her! I was not the girl who had her wedding planned since age 5 and Julie was beyond helpful and her suggestions and advice was priceless! I originally wanted Julie's services for the month of, but at my groom's suggestion, since we both had fairly busy schedules, we bumped up to the full package. Our wedding was beautiful and everything ran smoothly all because of Julie. There are so many details that we did not even think of that Julie was on top of. Plus her great relationship with other vendors made the entire process enjoyable and we are sure we got even better service and deals because vendors have worked with Julie before.

Julie made us feel like we were her only client. In fact, I believe she had 3 weddings the same weekend! Yet still, she responded so fast to every question and set up everything flawlessly and timely. Hanging out with Julie for tastings and other meetings was fun and not stressful (we wish we could hang out with her and her husband who was also our DJ on a regular basis!)

Julie is very aware of any budget concerns and makes sure you stay within it! More importantly, if you don't have an extravagant budget, she still works with you just as hard and wasn't annoyed when we wanted to save pennies here and there.

Our families loved her, our bridal party loved her and we loved her! If anyone is hesitant at getting a planner it is so worth it. The day of the wedding I didn't lift a finger, wasn't stressed and didn't need family or friends to set things up instead of enjoying the day. Even in my stress the day before with making a seating board that I failed to complete Julie took the task on herself and created one for me! She really went above and beyond and we are so grateful for her! Our wedding would not have been as fun, easy or enjoyable without her! Hire her! Her husband Mick is also a great Dj and we would highly recommend him as well!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Christine · Married on 04/19/2014

We found Julie through her husband Mick (Elite British DJ) and ended up hiring both of them for our wedding. We were not intending to hire a coordinator, but when we met Julie and heard about her "month of" package, we knew we needed her on our team immediately. We highly recommend purchasing a package combining her coordination services with her husband Mick's DJing services. They are extremely affordable and kept our wedding running smoothly from start to finish.

Julie is kind, communicative, resourceful, flexible, and efficient. Although we planned most of the details on our own, being able to bounce ideas off of Julia via email along the way was very helpful. She is quick to respond and gives very direct, helpful advice. During the month prior to our wedding, Julie communicated with each of our vendors and put together detailed timelines for all parties involved (including a separate agenda for the bridal party and family!). She works seamlessly with other vendors, taking a considerable workload off of both the bride and MOB.

On the day of our rehearsal and wedding, Julie arrived in a timely manner and dressed professionally. She was organized, calm, and helpful. Our ceremony and reception areas were set up beautifully (exactly as we wanted) and the evening ran perfectly, all thanks to Julie.

We could go on and on about Julie. Look no further, hire her!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Megan · Married on 04/05/2014

Julie with The Best Wedding for You was a wonderful wedding planner. She was friendly and listened to all our concerns. We planned an out-of-state wedding and she made all the last minute details fall into place. We hired Julie as the month-of-coordinator to make sure all the vendors were on schedule for the big day. I really appreciated her organization at the rehearsal and wedding. She made sure the decorations were properly set-up and returned all the presents and personal items to our room. I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting their wedding organized and well planned.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Jin · Married on 03/22/2014

Julie is absolutely amazing! Being fairly low-key and pretty organized, I debated whether or not I wanted a coordinator, but hiring Julie as my month-of coordinator turned out to be one of the best decisions I made. She is detail oriented, responsible, and was great at balancing having fun and keeping things right on track.

Leading up to the wedding, Julie took care of final details with all our vendors, and given the heartache I had with my venue, this was not an easy task. She made sure that everything went smoothly, and pretty much the only thing I had to worry about on my big day was getting my dress on! I cannot thank Julie enough for all of her hard work, and would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/04/2014

If you are planning a wedding, look no further than Julie at The Best Wedding for You. She is downright awesome! We couldn't have had a successful wedding without her. She is detail oriented, a great communicator, an expert when it comes to weddings/etiquette, and just a delightful person to know and work with.

We hired Julie for a month of package (along with her husband Mick - Elite British DJ) and I am so thankful for that. She is well connected to the San Diego wedding industry so she was able to provide us with a number of recommendations for vendors which helped us tremendously. Even though we had the month of package, she was always willing to answer questions throughout our yearlong planning process.

Leading up to the wedding, she contacted all the vendors, did all the final coordination, and created our timeline, among countless other tasks. We got married in January so it was such a relief having someone helping us out during the busy holiday season.

The day of our wedding we did not have to worry about a thing! Julie had absolutely everything covered and she and Mick made a great team. A number of our guests even commented that they had never seen such a great coordinator and that our wedding was the most seamless they had ever attended. You will undoubtedly be in great hands if you hire Julie as your coordinator- she is highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2013

Julie did month of coordination for our wedding on Sept 28th and exceeded our expectations! From vendor references and answering questions throughout the planning process to ensuring everything was wrapped up after the wedding Julie was on top of it! She truly took care of everything and made sure that we were worry free on our special day. For a coordinator that is on top of her game, choose Julie!!!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2013

Julie is amazing! I highly recommend her!! My husband and I were only planning on hiring a day-of wedding planner through our ceremony and reception venue. We met with Julie's husband, Mick (Elite British DJ), to interview him as a potential DJ at our wedding. We loved Mick right away! He really stood out with his unique style and awesome ideas and stories. When we met with him we met with Julie right after. We loved her right away as well! We talked about the services she offers as a month-of coordinator and it made so much more sense than having a day-of coordinator through the venue. In addition, it did not cost much more and she does so much and helps with questions at any time. We just had our wedding on 9/21/13 and we were more than pleased with Julie and Mick. They are a great team!!! Julie took care of so many things the day of my wedding that all I had to do is get ready and be where I as told to be when she let me know I needed to be there! So awesome!!! Julie was also extremely available to address any unforeseen needs on the day of while she was in the middle of doing a million other tasks for the wedding. Julie is also direct and to the point (without being rude as she is very personable and understanding). She is super easy to get along with and work with. She is very professional and fun to work with as well as easy going at the same time!! I highly recommend her!! She does an absolute amazing job!! I also highly recommend Mick if you are looking for a DJ! He is super unique and an awesome DJ!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jeff · Married on 08/31/2013

Julie was such an incredible wedding planner! She was a pleasure to work with – probably the most important person to get along with, since you work with your planner a lot, and she works with all your vendors. She was incredibly organized and on top of everything. She was also very flexible – we had to make some last minute schedule changes for a few meetings and she was completely understanding and accommodating. Most importantly, on the big day, everything went perfectly! I expected it to go well, but figured a few things might not be perfect because things happen. Everything was perfect! All the guests were so impressed with how smooth and organized everything was. Our day would not have been nearly as awesome as it was without all the diligent hard work, planning, organization, and prep work by Julie. And she’s so much fun to work with! I would definitely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. Thanks so much Julie!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Erin · Married on 08/10/2013

Julie is absolutely AMAZING!! Our wedding weekend exceeded all of our expectations, hopes, and dreams only because of sweet Julie and her hard work! Julie helped us plan our destination wedding in San Diego from our home in Colorado. She made every step of the planning process easy and was always attentive to every detail. Julie is extremely organized, dedicated, and experienced. She goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect! Knowing that Julie was there on my wedding day allowed me to be stress-free and enjoy every second! Through all of the planning and events, we feel like Julie is part of our family now and we would not have wanted to share such a special life event with any other wedding planner! Julie is truly THE BEST!!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Julie is unbelievably wonderful at her work, a true force of nature. Our daughter found and interviewed her last autumn and it was love at first sight. From that time forward, Julie was involved with all aspects of the wedding planning for 170 guests (plus a separate shower for 25) through the wedding on August 3.

One of her biggest contributions, which we did not fully appreciate until months later when everything came together, was the introduction of the very best vendors for everything from wedding dress to linens and flowers to cake. She always offered a selection for the bride's choice, but her selections always encompassed the best possibilities in the area, as we came to realize through the process in working with the vendors, mentioning them to others in the area, and finally seeing their beautiful creations. Her other huge contribution was handling every detail on the "day of" with calm, finesse, and a quiet velvet touch, keeping everyone calm while being ever vigilant and on top of every preparation and execution in every front stage and back stage area of the wedding and reception over the course of a dozen hours. In addition to the wedding, she was an enormous help in organizing the shower arrangements, food, set-up, and music. And during the months between initial introduction of vendors and final execution, she was always there, always supportive, always following up with vendors and with us, keeping everyone on schedule, solving every crisis of the moment, and keeping everyone reassured, confident, and as relaxed as anyone could possibly be with such an event.

She is an organizational genius -- keeping complete control over every detail while conveying an outward calm and relaxation that is so reassuring to everyone, and managing diverse people in an unstructured environment with tact and skill that gets everyone where they should be without any ruffling of feathers or egos.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Anita · Married on 07/14/2013

Julie was awesome to work with. All parties involved except the Groom were not local so Julie was very responsive, professional, and helpful with coordination and getting the best pricing on vendors along with her eye for detail. Julie made the whole process very stress free and we were all able to enjoy the event knowing she had a handle on everything. I was pleasantly surprised that all the pieces fell into place and my daughter had the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 07/31/2013