137 Reviews for The Best Wedding For You

Destination (2)
Budget Analysis (1)
Civil (1)
137 The Best Wedding For You Reviews

My now wife and I were a bit hesitant to shell out the cash on a wedding coordinator as we thought we were pretty organized people. But boy, are we glad we hired Julie to be the coordinator for our wedding at Scripps Seaside forum. From our first meeting, she was extremely organized, friendly and knowledgable about all aspects of wedding planning. She had great vendor referrals and always answered our texts and emails promptly. She also accompanied us to vendor meetings and gave truthful, unbiased opinions on whether we should spend the extra money on things like outdoor furniture or if the budget could be used elsewhere. Come the weekend of the wedding, Julie was absolutely crucial to the smooth ceremony and reception. She organized the ceremony, set up decorations, developed the timeline, oversaw all the vendors, etc. If you're getting married in San Diego and want to be able to enjoy planning your wedding with minimal stress, I highly recommend you hire Julie to coordinate your wedding. She did a phenomenal job!

Profile Picture Allan, 6/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

What can we say about Julie? She was absolutely perfect for us. She was super responsive, organized, and made our wedding day a stress-free affair. When we first started planning our wedding, we did not realize how much work a coordinator had to do...boy are we glad we had one (and specifically, had Julie)! Flawless experience, from start to finish.

Profile Picture Clare, 3/31/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Timelines, Referrals

Julie was awesome! My wife Megan and I will forever be grateful to her for all she did to make our special day go off without a single problem. We were able to enjoy ourselves and not worry about logistics or anything else. What stood out for me was her attention to and mastery of details, particularly in planning the wedding ceremony. Julie was able to offer suggestions and ideas Megan and I never even thought of or knew existed. Her experience and drive was a major reason why our wedding was a flawlessly fun event for us and our guests. We are still getting compliments on how smooth the night went, how well done all the main aspects of the night were, and how much fun our friends and family had, and we always say "Julie helped us so much!" So thanks again, Julie! We couldn't have done it without you!

Profile Picture Travis, 3/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do I even begin with Julie! Without her my wedding would have been an overwhelming experience. But thanks to her the wedding planning and wedding went off without a hitch! She was with us every step of the way, helping any way that she could. Julie you are the best I can't even begin to thank you enough!

Profile Picture Megan , 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Civil, Destination, Non-Religious, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Julie is a top notch wedding professional. As a wedding coordinator myself, I knew I would not be an "easy" client simply because I do the same thing for a living but Julie handled me with ease allowing me to be the bride and not the coordinator (although I did but in several times and was lucky enough to have her remind me to be the bride!). She is honest, hard working, dependable, and a delight. We hired her for month of and so glad we did. She handled all the nitty gritty logistics, was polite and professional with all family and vendors and an absolute pleasure to work with. 5 stars is not enough. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture laura, 9/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Although I consider myself a pretty good planner, Julie's help went above and beyond our expectations. My family commented on how she moved so quickly and smoothly preparing for things to begin and the effort was clearly visible. Something I noticed missing? vendors NOT contacting me with questions/problems!!! That was amazing!! Too many times, I've seen weddings where the bride is swallowed whole with questions/comments/concerns by vendors and guests alike, and I had none of it.

Profile Picture jackie, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Julie was absolutely wonderful. I am so glad we picked her for our wedding coordinator. You will love working with her!!

Profile Picture Yanina , 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were referred to Julie by our venue and hired her as our Month Of Coordinator. Julie is amazing! She is extremely organized and on top of every single detail. She created the timeline and coordinated with all of the vendors. We gave her all of the extra items like flower girl basket, cake topper, wedding license, card box, etc. the week of, and she made sure everything made it to the wedding in its proper place. She went above and beyond our expectations during the wedding, using the ceremony items to add to the reception decor. At the end of the night, she had all our personal items packed up and ready to go. We really cannot thank her enough for being so knowledgeable, helpful, professional, and dedicated to making sure her clients have the best wedding possible!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-Religious

We really can't thank Julie enough for orchestrating the most amazing, perfect wedding day we ever could have imagined!!! We came from in out of town to do an intimate elopement ceremony on the beach. From the moment I contacted her, (about a year before our big day) Julie really listened to my vision and was immediately putting in work to make it happen! She was VERY responsive and detailed with several emails back and forth over the course of a year, phone calls, giving us info and contacting different vendors, and best of all.. showing us the home away app and suggesting renting a beach house instead of staying in a hotel... which turned out to be the greatest idea EVER!!! Saying our vows at that private, intimate location was so amazing and it definitely would not have been the same experience had we done it somewhere else!
On the day of our wedding Julie was SO on top of it! In addition to all her wedding coordinator duties, she also somehow managed to pull off babysitter/nanny duties and keep both of our boys happy and help hold it together when they started having one of their melt downs haha ;) We were a little worried going into it, not having any family there to help out but as it turns out we had nothing to worry about because Julie handled it all... and all with an amazing, calm demeanor and smile on her face!
A thank you doesn't seem like enough to say how truly grateful we are for all she did to help give us the most special day of our family's life that we will always treasure.❤️
Julie is truly a master at what she does and I gladly recommend her to anyone looking to do a wedding in the San Diego area!
Thank you, Julie for everything!!!
- Brittany and Dave (Landon + Parker too!) :)

Profile Picture Brittany , 5/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Julie is simply the best at what she does. She was my lifeline during my wedding planning. She is very professional and responds in a timely manner. She took away a lot of the stress and sends me reminders on the tasks I need to do and I never felt pressured. Since she's been in the business for years, she knows a lot of vendors as well familiar with many different venues in San Diego. Our wedding went without a hitch (at least none that I knew of that were life altering) and I felt zero stress the day of. She went above and beyond the call of duty. She even made me a toss bouquet :). The only thing I had to worry on our big about was me not tripping in front of everyone and saying the right words. I highly recommend Julie as your wedding planner. I promise you won't be disappointed! While you're at it, take the time to look into hiring her husband, Mick, as your DJ.

Profile Picture Bernadette, 4/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was planning a wedding that was going to take place in California from 15 hours away, and I was so stressed out. Then I found Julie! I spoke to at least 10 different wedding planners, and it just didn’t feel “right”, and then we talked to Julie! Julie is so nice, and SO helpful. She took my wedding dreams, and made it a reality. Whenever we had meetings with her, or phone calls I felt like we were top priority, and it never felt like we were burdening her with questions. Our wedding day went by so smoothly, and my husband and I were really able to enjoy ourselves, as well as our families.
If you’re looking for an amazing wedding planner I HIGHLY recommend Julie!

Profile Picture Clare, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Julie is INCREDIBLE!!!! I was referred to her and her husband (Elite British DJ) by a family friend who had them at their wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.

If you think you don't need a wedding planner...think again! Even if its just for the month of. Julie is worth every penny. I can not say enough good things about Julie. I got married on a military base and she was so knowledgeable about the rules and regulations. Julie is so sweet, professional, and a joy to work with.

On the day of my wedding Julie made sure everything ran smoothly. If there were any problems I never knew because Julie took care of it. From day one Julie said on the day of the wedding her job was to make sure the bride did not have to worry or stress about anything and i didn't.

I would like to explain and give an example of just how sweet Julie is. I had my reception on a military base which started at 6 pm. Since it was a military base there are certain rules, one being you are not allowed to start setting up until 2 hours before. My wedding ceremony was at a church at 2 pm and the church had a wedding planner so i did not need Julie at the church (also she had a lot to do to get ready for my reception). When I pulled up to the church, guess who was standing there....Julie! She came to the church and surprised me!

Like i said Julie is the best of the best and if you are able to book her before someone else does you wont regret it.

Profile Picture andrea, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Julie's services were hands down the most important of all the vendors we used. Even though we booked her for "month of/day of", Julie was very helpful in assisting us with many of the planning details early on--making many helpful suggestions, answering countless emails, and meeting with us several times. Once the date grew near she took over all the vendors and pulled everything together seamlessly. The wedding day was magical and went without a hitch, thanks to Julie. She is an experienced professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her without reservation.

Profile Picture Rosalind, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Julie was absolutely amazing! I honestly don't know how we could've put together our wedding without her. She is so pleasant to work with, never stressed us out, and was on top of anticipating everything, including little details I would have never thought of. She was very responsive, even months before the wedding, and was super helpful in helping us make decisions since she's seen it all. And on the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly so that the day went perfectly! Overall would highly recommend Julie to anyone planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Thank you so much for the dream wedding you put on for us. All of our guests keep saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.  Can't get a better compliment than that!  :) We know that there were a ton of crazy, weird requests and that we kept a lot of things last minute, but you really helped tie it all together. And sorry about the crazy light up plants lol.

We really appreciate your attention to detail, making sure all of our specific requests were met, your great ideas, insight, and your kindness during this entire process.

Thank you for everything.

Kevin and Jessica

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Julie was the rockstar of my wedding! I had a majority of my guests coming from out of town (mostly NY/NJ) and had a venue where everything was brought in by different vendors. Julie made everything go seamlessly. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding because I had complete confidence in her and her abilities- especially handling loud east coasters. My mom and sister were also raving about how great and priceless she was at the wedding. If you are looking for an amazing coordinator look no further- she is your girl!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

I literally cannot thank Julie enough for all that she did. I hired her for month of and even before that month started she was there for any little or big questions or for any advice that I needed. She is very professional and helped make the process much smoother than I could have ever imagined. The wedding day went so smooth, we used her husband as our DJ as well and it was just absolutely perfect, they are a dynamite team and both helped to make our day amazing. I highly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As soon as my husband and I met Julie we knew we wanted to hire her. She truly does a spectacular job at what she does and is very efficient. We definitely were a little more laid back than usual on our deadlines and such but Julie helped keep us on top of what we needed to get done. We hired Julie to do our month of coordination and she was awesome. She communicated with our vendors and made our day absolutely seamless. She was so on top of everyone's roles and schedules it was absolutely amazing. She was my lifesaver and truly helped make our perfect day happen. All of our guests are still talking nonstop about how amazing our wedding day. It was organized and executed perfectly, but not cookie cutter, stressful or boring. She made sure that our day flowed so smoothly and it truly could not have been more perfect. So thankful for Julie and I could not recommend her more as a coordinator. She is absolutely amazing and truly made sure that my husband and I were enjoying our special day.

Profile Picture Zoe, 9/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Julie is top notch. She is extremely organized and detail oriented, flexible, re-assuring, professional, and lots of fun! Our venue required us to bring in all vendors and Julie provided some excellent recommendations - a great added bonus to working with her. She is honest and straight forward and will give her opinion when asked but first and foremost listens to your preferences. The whole event ran very smoothly and I was able to (and my mom was too!) fully enjoy every moment knowing that Julie had everything under control. One last (and huge!) added bonus - Julie's husband Mick Scrivener (Elite British DJ) was amazing. He provided some great recommendations on how to make our event unique and everyone had an absolute blast on the dance floor. Highly, highly recommend them both!

Profile Picture Natalie, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Julie is amazing! We got her basic full service package about 10 months before our wedding date. Our wedding was a destination one as we live in NYC, but from the beginning, she was always "there" for us. She definitely knows what she is doing and I am still amazed at how much attention she devotes to every client without getting mixed up! Our wedding day went smoothly even with our quick timeline. We highly recommend her and are very grateful for her help.

Profile Picture MELVIN, 7/10/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Destination, Religious, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We found Julie (and her husband Mick, who is an amazing DJ) via a recommendation from a friend. We are really glad that we did. Working with Julie has been amazing.
Julie offers several package options that customize how much involvement you want her to have in helping her plan your wedding. We choose the month before the wedding and day of coordinator services she offers. Until your wedding, you get helpful emails (only once a month or so, they’re not intrusive at all) with hints about organizing or planning, and Julie is available for all your questions. She also had fantastic recommendations for other vendors that she’d worked with before and found good.
Once we got to a month from the wedding she took over the planning and organizing. She coordinated between me and the venue to make sure we were all on the same page; she organized a timeline for the bride and groom, wedding party, all other vendors, and family so that everyone knew where they were supposed to be and at what time (our master timeline was over 7 pages and we only had a 5 hour ceremony/reception with 90 guests!); she contacted all the vendors and made sure they knew what was going on and would show up on time; she set up all our wedding favors, the guest book table, and made sure that any outside ceremony flowers were moved inside for the reception; and took care of a million other little details.
Our wedding went off without a hitch and I honestly think it’s because Julie made that happen. I am an incredibly organized person, but I still don’t have the knowledge or awareness to be able to coordinate a wedding. Additionally, the last thing you want to be doing is setting out favors at your own wedding and it’s so relaxing to know that someone reliable is taking care of everything for you.
Julie is kind, funny, knowledgeable, incredibly responsive to your emails, and all around amazing to work with. Julie (and her husband Mick) were easily the best choice we could have made.

Profile Picture Alison, 5/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We recently worked with Julie as our coordinator for our 4/30/16 wedding. We were really far behind on just about all aspects of our wedding and the day was fast approaching. We had Julie do our “month of” coordination. Had we known then what we know now, we would have hired her as soon as we decided to start planning this. She made everything we hadn’t completed easier and gently gave us reminders of the important things we need to complete first. She was wonderful on help us get everything ready the month of, but she was AMAZING when it came scheduling everyone leading to the event. She made everything flow so smoothly and made the day enjoyable for both me and my bride. Julie handled it all and made sure we were enjoying everything. We cannot thank her enough for everything and make our special day so great. Our only regret is not hiring her earlier.

Profile Picture Rob, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

What can I say.... Amazing still doens't fully describe the stellar individual Julie is. She was always kinda, reassuring, had the best timeline that my MOH and BestMan both appreciated to keep things on track. Without Julie, I couldn't image my wedding being the best day of my life. She was genuinely interested in me and my husband and at no point did I ever know there was ever a hiccup in the day. She is my angel and I am so thankful for her being part of my life going forward!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We contracted Julie to help us for the month leading up to our wedding, though as soon as you contract with her, she sends out little newsletters with helpful tips and reminders. She was extremely organized. She met with us two more times after the initial meeting: second meeting right when she would start her month's services and another one the week before the wedding (along with her husband, Mick, who was our DJ). She had us fill out a form and reviewed it with us. She used her home as a storage place the week leading up to the wedding, to minimize the chance of us or friends/family forgetting to bring something. She, along with our caterer, set up the decorations so we didn't have to worry about that either.

In addition to the face-to-face meetings, we mostly communicated through email (and a few texts and phone calls). She was very responsive and when she knew she would be less responsive, she made sure we knew it beforehand. I've worked in customer service, and I appreciate someone who knows how to set customer expectations. She was also proactive in reaching out to us, verifying and confirming payments, schedules, etc. She noticed details, like when our venue misunderstood and thought we were adding time instead of just shifting our reserved time block up a half hour. It was comforting to let her bear some of this burden of scheduling all the other vendors and I could go to her as the one main point of contact (or at least include her in all my communications with other vendors so she was on top of everything).

She ran the rehearsal smoothly. During the wedding, it was so helpful to have her reminding us what was up next, what we had to do next, so we didn't have to keep all of that in our heads. It's these little things that helped us relax and enjoy our day.

If we were to do it all over again, we would still choose her! (and her husband as our DJ, but that's for a separate review)

Profile Picture Chih, 3/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals