The Best Wedding For You Reviews

142 Reviews for The Best Wedding For You

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

142 The Best Wedding For You Reviews

shelby · Married on 09/14/2018

If I could give Julie more than 5 stars I absolutely would. She is so incredibly knowledgeable, willing and wanting to help in anyway possible, extremely professional, and I have no doubt in my mind that she was the reason our wedding turned out perfectly. She helped my husband and I plan our wedding in no more than four months, and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it. She recommended multiple vendors to us (everyone of which we were extremely pleased with), worked with our odd schedules, and kept us informed about every detail. She put so much time and effort into making sure our wedding was ABSOLUTELY perfect, and it was. She removed a majority (if not all) of the stress that comes with planning a wedding, and my husband and I never once worried about whether or not any details were being overlooked or missed as she took care of everything. Julie is absolutely incredible and is amazing at what she does! :)

A · Married on 07/20/2018

Julie is an absolute godsend and helped to make our wedding day perfect! As my now-husband and I were planning our La Jolla wedding from across the country in NYC, we needed Julie's assistance from Day 1. Her responsiveness to every email and phone call - big and small - was incredible, and she provided endless advice and guidance about questions that we didn't even know we would have. She has done countless beautiful weddings throughout San Diego and has built a network of incredible vendors who also love working with her. She still also keeps ahead of trends and ideas so our wedding felt original, truly unique, and completely "us". As I'm also a teacher, I appreciate people who are organized and use systems effectively, and Julie's approach to planning is unparalleled! Trust her to do your wedding perfectly :) Ultimately, if you are even thinking about hiring a wedding planner, go ahead and book Julie already - we are both so grateful for her love and support, and really believe she did everything in her power to make our wedding the absolute BEST!

Ali · Married on 07/20/2018

Nikki · Married on 06/09/2018

While we were planning our wedding, I was in the middle of Ph.D. program applications, my husband was in the middle of medical residency applications, AND we were an out of town couple - we NEEDED Julie!! We were quite spoiled in that we worked with Julie for over a year before our wedding; other than our reception venue to set a date, she was the first vendor we hired after getting engaged! She had an extensive list of vendor recommendations from which we selected most of our wedding vendors. She was very responsive and incredibly detail-oriented. Julie's experience in the industry shows as she just thinks of things that my husband and I never considered until she brought it up. We consulted with her on a lot of choices we had to make, and she provided smart, honest and thoughtful feedback that were valuable to us. She came with us to select our linens, to our menu tasting, to floral meeting + mock-up and did a thorough site run-through with us - again, a lifesaver.

On the day of our wedding, I didn't have to direct a single vendor on where they needed to be - Julie had it handled beforehand. If there were a problem with any of them, I would have never known because the reception was perfect when we got there! Julie created a very detailed timeline for the bridal party and our vendors; these definitely helped make the day go more smoothly.

Overall, I highly recommend having Julie as your wedding coordinator. There is no denying that planning a wedding is stressful, but having a professional whom you can rely on makes the process easier and more fun!

Allan · Married on 06/03/2018

My now wife and I were a bit hesitant to shell out the cash on a wedding coordinator as we thought we were pretty organized people. But boy, are we glad we hired Julie to be the coordinator for our wedding at Scripps Seaside forum. From our first meeting, she was extremely organized, friendly and knowledgable about all aspects of wedding planning. She had great vendor referrals and always answered our texts and emails promptly. She also accompanied us to vendor meetings and gave truthful, unbiased opinions on whether we should spend the extra money on things like outdoor furniture or if the budget could be used elsewhere. Come the weekend of the wedding, Julie was absolutely crucial to the smooth ceremony and reception. She organized the ceremony, set up decorations, developed the timeline, oversaw all the vendors, etc. If you're getting married in San Diego and want to be able to enjoy planning your wedding with minimal stress, I highly recommend you hire Julie to coordinate your wedding. She did a phenomenal job!

Clare · Married on 03/31/2018

What can we say about Julie? She was absolutely perfect for us. She was super responsive, organized, and made our wedding day a stress-free affair. When we first started planning our wedding, we did not realize how much work a coordinator had to do...boy are we glad we had one (and specifically, had Julie)! Flawless experience, from start to finish.

Debra · Married on 03/24/2018

Julie did an amazing job for my Daughter’s wedding this past April. She was professional, punctual, responsive, and very organized which was a must in our search for the right coordinator. As the mother of the bride I can’t say enough about how smooth everything went on that most important day! I didn’t have to worry about anything, Julie handled everything for us. We were able to focus on the wedding and family without a care in the world. She made sure everything was in it’s right place before, during and after the wedding and reception. I can’t say enough about the service she provided. I highly recommend Julie and would not hesitate to use her again in the future. Thank you Julie for making sure everything was perfect. Allison and Debbie K

Travis · Married on 03/23/2018

Julie was awesome! My wife Megan and I will forever be grateful to her for all she did to make our special day go off without a single problem. We were able to enjoy ourselves and not worry about logistics or anything else. What stood out for me was her attention to and mastery of details, particularly in planning the wedding ceremony. Julie was able to offer suggestions and ideas Megan and I never even thought of or knew existed. Her experience and drive was a major reason why our wedding was a flawlessly fun event for us and our guests. We are still getting compliments on how smooth the night went, how well done all the main aspects of the night were, and how much fun our friends and family had, and we always say "Julie helped us so much!" So thanks again, Julie! We couldn't have done it without you!

Megan · Married on 11/25/2017

Where do I even begin with Julie! Without her my wedding would have been an overwhelming experience. But thanks to her the wedding planning and wedding went off without a hitch! She was with us every step of the way, helping any way that she could. Julie you are the best I can't even begin to thank you enough!

laura · Married on 09/17/2017

Julie is a top notch wedding professional. As a wedding coordinator myself, I knew I would not be an "easy" client simply because I do the same thing for a living but Julie handled me with ease allowing me to be the bride and not the coordinator (although I did but in several times and was lucky enough to have her remind me to be the bride!). She is honest, hard working, dependable, and a delight. We hired her for month of and so glad we did. She handled all the nitty gritty logistics, was polite and professional with all family and vendors and an absolute pleasure to work with. 5 stars is not enough. Highly recommended!

jackie · Married on 09/07/2017

Although I consider myself a pretty good planner, Julie's help went above and beyond our expectations. My family commented on how she moved so quickly and smoothly preparing for things to begin and the effort was clearly visible. Something I noticed missing? vendors NOT contacting me with questions/problems!!! That was amazing!! Too many times, I've seen weddings where the bride is swallowed whole with questions/comments/concerns by vendors and guests alike, and I had none of it.

• Y

Yanina · Married on 08/12/2017

Julie was absolutely wonderful. I am so glad we picked her for our wedding coordinator. You will love working with her!!

Kimberly · Married on 07/16/2017

We were referred to Julie by our venue and hired her as our Month Of Coordinator. Julie is amazing! She is extremely organized and on top of every single detail. She created the timeline and coordinated with all of the vendors. We gave her all of the extra items like flower girl basket, cake topper, wedding license, card box, etc. the week of, and she made sure everything made it to the wedding in its proper place. She went above and beyond our expectations during the wedding, using the ceremony items to add to the reception decor. At the end of the night, she had all our personal items packed up and ready to go. We really cannot thank her enough for being so knowledgeable, helpful, professional, and dedicated to making sure her clients have the best wedding possible!

Brittany · Married on 05/18/2017

We really can't thank Julie enough for orchestrating the most amazing, perfect wedding day we ever could have imagined!!! We came from in out of town to do an intimate elopement ceremony on the beach. From the moment I contacted her, (about a year before our big day) Julie really listened to my vision and was immediately putting in work to make it happen! She was VERY responsive and detailed with several emails back and forth over the course of a year, phone calls, giving us info and contacting different vendors, and best of all.. showing us the home away app and suggesting renting a beach house instead of staying in a hotel... which turned out to be the greatest idea EVER!!! Saying our vows at that private, intimate location was so amazing and it definitely would not have been the same experience had we done it somewhere else!
    On the day of our wedding Julie was SO on top of it! In addition to all her wedding coordinator duties, she also somehow managed to pull off babysitter/nanny duties and keep both of our boys happy and help hold it together when they started having one of their melt downs haha ;) We were a little worried going into it, not having any family there to help out but as it turns out we had nothing to worry about because Julie handled it all... and all with an amazing, calm demeanor and smile on her face!
    A thank you doesn't seem like enough to say how truly grateful we are for all she did to help give us the most special day of our family's life that we will always treasure.❤️
    Julie is truly a master at what she does and I gladly recommend her to anyone looking to do a wedding in the San Diego area!
    Thank you, Julie for everything!!!
    - Brittany and Dave (Landon + Parker too!) :)

Bernadette · Married on 04/23/2017

Julie is simply the best at what she does. She was my lifeline during my wedding planning. She is very professional and responds in a timely manner. She took away a lot of the stress and sends me reminders on the tasks I need to do and I never felt pressured. Since she's been in the business for years, she knows a lot of vendors as well familiar with many different venues in San Diego. Our wedding went without a hitch (at least none that I knew of that were life altering) and I felt zero stress the day of. She went above and beyond the call of duty. She even made me a toss bouquet :). The only thing I had to worry on our big about was me not tripping in front of everyone and saying the right words. I highly recommend Julie as your wedding planner. I promise you won't be disappointed! While you're at it, take the time to look into hiring her husband, Mick, as your DJ.

Clare · Married on 04/08/2017

I was planning a wedding that was going to take place in California from 15 hours away, and I was so stressed out. Then I found Julie! I spoke to at least 10 different wedding planners, and it just didn’t feel “right”, and then we talked to Julie! Julie is so nice, and SO helpful. She took my wedding dreams, and made it a reality. Whenever we had meetings with her, or phone calls I felt like we were top priority, and it never felt like we were burdening her with questions. Our wedding day went by so smoothly, and my husband and I were really able to enjoy ourselves, as well as our families.
    If you’re looking for an amazing wedding planner I HIGHLY recommend Julie!

andrea · Married on 03/25/2017

Julie is INCREDIBLE!!!! I was referred to her and her husband (Elite British DJ) by a family friend who had them at their wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.

If you think you don't need a wedding planner...think again! Even if its just for the month of. Julie is worth every penny. I can not say enough good things about Julie. I got married on a military base and she was so knowledgeable about the rules and regulations. Julie is so sweet, professional, and a joy to work with.

On the day of my wedding Julie made sure everything ran smoothly. If there were any problems I never knew because Julie took care of it. From day one Julie said on the day of the wedding her job was to make sure the bride did not have to worry or stress about anything and i didn't.

I would like to explain and give an example of just how sweet Julie is. I had my reception on a military base which started at 6 pm. Since it was a military base there are certain rules, one being you are not allowed to start setting up until 2 hours before. My wedding ceremony was at a church at 2 pm and the church had a wedding planner so i did not need Julie at the church (also she had a lot to do to get ready for my reception). When I pulled up to the church, guess who was standing there....Julie! She came to the church and surprised me!

Like i said Julie is the best of the best and if you are able to book her before someone else does you wont regret it.

Rosalind · Married on 03/18/2017

Julie's services were hands down the most important of all the vendors we used. Even though we booked her for "month of/day of", Julie was very helpful in assisting us with many of the planning details early on--making many helpful suggestions, answering countless emails, and meeting with us several times. Once the date grew near she took over all the vendors and pulled everything together seamlessly. The wedding day was magical and went without a hitch, thanks to Julie. She is an experienced professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her without reservation.

Caitlin · Married on 03/18/2017

Julie was absolutely amazing! I honestly don't know how we could've put together our wedding without her. She is so pleasant to work with, never stressed us out, and was on top of anticipating everything, including little details I would have never thought of. She was very responsive, even months before the wedding, and was super helpful in helping us make decisions since she's seen it all. And on the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly so that the day went perfectly! Overall would highly recommend Julie to anyone planning a wedding!

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

Thank you so much for the dream wedding you put on for us. All of our guests keep saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.  Can't get a better compliment than that!  :) We know that there were a ton of crazy, weird requests and that we kept a lot of things last minute, but you really helped tie it all together. And sorry about the crazy light up plants lol.

We really appreciate your attention to detail, making sure all of our specific requests were met, your great ideas, insight, and your kindness during this entire process.

Thank you for everything.

Kevin and Jessica

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Julie was the rockstar of my wedding! I had a majority of my guests coming from out of town (mostly NY/NJ) and had a venue where everything was brought in by different vendors. Julie made everything go seamlessly. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding because I had complete confidence in her and her abilities- especially handling loud east coasters. My mom and sister were also raving about how great and priceless she was at the wedding. If you are looking for an amazing coordinator look no further- she is your girl!

Meghan · Married on 10/15/2016

I literally cannot thank Julie enough for all that she did. I hired her for month of and even before that month started she was there for any little or big questions or for any advice that I needed. She is very professional and helped make the process much smoother than I could have ever imagined. The wedding day went so smooth, we used her husband as our DJ as well and it was just absolutely perfect, they are a dynamite team and both helped to make our day amazing. I highly recommend her services!

• Z

Zoe · Married on 09/02/2016

As soon as my husband and I met Julie we knew we wanted to hire her. She truly does a spectacular job at what she does and is very efficient. We definitely were a little more laid back than usual on our deadlines and such but Julie helped keep us on top of what we needed to get done. We hired Julie to do our month of coordination and she was awesome. She communicated with our vendors and made our day absolutely seamless. She was so on top of everyone's roles and schedules it was absolutely amazing. She was my lifesaver and truly helped make our perfect day happen. All of our guests are still talking nonstop about how amazing our wedding day. It was organized and executed perfectly, but not cookie cutter, stressful or boring. She made sure that our day flowed so smoothly and it truly could not have been more perfect. So thankful for Julie and I could not recommend her more as a coordinator. She is absolutely amazing and truly made sure that my husband and I were enjoying our special day.

Natalie · Married on 08/13/2016

Julie is top notch. She is extremely organized and detail oriented, flexible, re-assuring, professional, and lots of fun! Our venue required us to bring in all vendors and Julie provided some excellent recommendations - a great added bonus to working with her. She is honest and straight forward and will give her opinion when asked but first and foremost listens to your preferences. The whole event ran very smoothly and I was able to (and my mom was too!) fully enjoy every moment knowing that Julie had everything under control. One last (and huge!) added bonus - Julie's husband Mick Scrivener (Elite British DJ) was amazing. He provided some great recommendations on how to make our event unique and everyone had an absolute blast on the dance floor. Highly, highly recommend them both!