Tasteful Tatters Reviews

Tasteful Tatters 6
Tasteful Tatters 7
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 02/18/2019

The Best Wedding Planner!

Where do we begin in reviewing how incredible Emilee is?

Let us start by saying we live in New York, our wedding was in Mexico, and Emilee lives in LA. The distance didn’t matter one bit. From the moment we reached out to Emilee just over a year before our wedding date, we felt an instant connection. She made us feel supported and at ease, and we knew from the beginning we were lucky to have her.

Emilee helped us every step of the way from phone check-ins to keep us on track with our to-do list to communicating with vendors to putting together welcome bags by hand (she literally ironed logos onto the bags!). The amount of detail and care Emilee puts into everything she does is truly remarkable. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, we never felt overly stressed, not just because we knew Emilee was a work horse who would get things done, but we came to trust her so much as she picked up on our vibe as a couple and seemed to intuitively know what we wanted for our wedding and for our guests.

And during our wedding weekend, what else can we say? She was amazing! She personally carried an extra suitcase to Mexico full of welcome bag items, table setting decorations, and maracas for our guests. She checked in with us in the days leading up to our wedding but was never overbearing. She walked us through everything at our rehearsal dinner and made herself available whenever we needed her.

On the day of the wedding, she was behind the scenes making sure everything went according to plan coordinating with vendors, the venue staff, our photographer, the musicians, and our bridal party. And even with the few things that didn’t go exactly to plan, she communicated and advised us in just the right way to make everything go smoothly. It was clear that Emilee makes it her duty to make sure we as the couple didn’t have to do anything other than enjoy the moment.

By the end of the experience, we mutually agreed that Emilee was the best decision we made for our wedding. So many of our guests told us it was best wedding they had ever attended, and even though we might be biased, we felt the same we. We don’t normally post long, glowing reviews like this, so if you have any doubts about reaching out to Emilee, trust us when we say, “Don’t hesitate! She’s the best!” We would recommend her to anyone! You won’t regret it!

Tasteful Tatters 8
    Tasteful Tatters 9
    Tasteful Tatters 10
    Tasteful Tatters 11

Monica · Married on 08/18/2018

Work with Emiliee if you can!

In short: book Emiliee. You wont regret it.
    For some length....
    I booked Emiliee as a month of coordinator over a year before my wedding day. She was available prior to (joined site visits, replied to my annoying decoration questions), and then 30 days before she was ON IT! She held my hand through the last minute details, was on top of the vendor coordination, and basically became my part time therapist.

She's calm and collected and will empathize with your issues, because she's seen and dealt with it all!

The day of she was an absolute ROCKSTAR. While I loved my venue, it had some quirks that weren't exactly my style. She TOTALLY got my vision, and her team did everything to make that happen day-of. She helped me transform the venue to be exactly what I wanted, and dealt with some tricky vendors with a smile. I was in the best hands and am so grateful!

So yes, book her. She'll help you realize your dream wedding and she might even save you a few hundred dollars in therapy!

Stefania · Married on 07/03/2018

Emilee is the absolute best! Her communication is outstanding - even if she is away for a destination in Mexico or Hawaii, she has gotten back to me. She was so enthusiastic and open about my style choices and about making everything perfect and exactly how I (and then we, collectively, because I couldn't have done it without her guidance!) for our LA reception.

Cheri · Married on 06/16/2018

Emilee was a JOY to work with. Very clear in her communications and quick to respond. Every bit worth the money spent for her help in ALL areas of planning & executing all of the details of a wedding. I would hire her again in a heartbeat for any of my sons weddings. She & her team only further proved their worth even more valuable on the wedding day itself.

Tasteful Tatters 12
    Tasteful Tatters 13
    Tasteful Tatters 14
    Tasteful Tatters 15
    Tasteful Tatters 16

Maya · Married on 06/16/2018

Emilee did an amazing job coordinating our wedding. She was considerate of every detail and did everything possible to make our wedding the best it could possibly be. She is very reliable and trustworthy for your special day.
    She did a great job making a daily schedule, keeping up with our desired style, and communicating with us despite the craziness that she was experiencing in her own life. She allowed us and our family to have a stress-free day by successfully carrying out the responsibilities of overall design, communication with vendors, set-up, and tear down. We are so thankful for Emilee and would recommend her to anyone looking for a coordinator. She is professional, talented, and a hard worker.

Tasteful Tatters 17
    Tasteful Tatters 23
    Tasteful Tatters 24
    Tasteful Tatters 25

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2018

Being a life-long procrastinator, I waited until four months out (with no venue booked or anything else for that matter) to contact Emilee at Tasteful Tatters. I thought I could handle putting together a 'small' (about 130 people) wedding myself in my spare time, but nothing and no one will prepare you for the mountain of decisions you need to make about anything and everything wedding-related. I'm not one of those people that particularly enjoys making decisions and my need for people-pleasing was paralyzing. Enter Emilee - she is a god send! She helped me keep my cool during this process and perfectly executed the vision and vibe I had for my wedding. When the timeline was going off-the-rails the day-of (we were about an hour off, if not more!) she kept her cool and miraculously got us back on track! I can't sing my praises enough for Emilee and her staff - I highly recommend Tasteful Tatters as your wedding planning team!

•  Celestina

Celestina · Married on 12/09/2017

Emilee and her team were personable, professional, and extremely helpful! We could not have handled the final leg of wedding planning without them. When the big day came, we were only concerned with having fun while Emilee and her staff handled all of the details. Throughout the reception, Emilee made sure that we were fed and satisfied with everything. Our married guests lamented that they didn't have anyone as exceptional as Tasteful Tatters to manage their weddings. Thank you SO MUCH to Emilee and Tasteful Tatters!

Colleen · Married on 11/18/2017

Wow. We don’t even know where to start. We can’t imagine a better wedding planner on the planet than Emilee and her team. Every crazy idea that we dreamed up she went above and beyond to make a reality. She kept us so organized before the wedding that the lead up was totally free of all the usual stresses couples feel so we could just concentrate on the fun of the event. She strikes the perfect balance of positivity and professionalism, so you always feel both enthusiastic about the event and confident in her abilities to make it perfect. This was hands down THE BEST money we’ve ever spent. We could not feel more thankful to have had Emilee by our side for the best day of our life.

• I

Ida · Married on 10/19/2017

I don't even know where to start with Emilee and the Tasteful Tatters team. They are so talented at what they do and made our wedding a dream come true. Emilee took all my crazy ideas and brought them to life with minimal effort on my end. Her experience helped guide me when my ideas would not allow the wedding to flow correctly, she gave the best feedback. Her communication what perfect enough but not too much where it added extra work on our end.

On the day she was present and flexible but also very structured and direct with vendors and doing what needed to be done. There was no point where she wasn't all over everything happening at all the events. Em went beyond our expectations and the wedding would not have been even close to how amazing as it was without her. If you want to enjoy your wedding, go with this girl!

Lisa · Married on 08/06/2017

There are not enough positive things we can say about Emilee and Tasteful Tatters! She made the planning effortless and helped us remain calm and excited throughout all the ups and downs of the process. On the day of, Emilee and her team made the day go seamlessly and perfectly! We will never forget how much Emilee means to us and how much she was there to support us. We could not possibly recommend Tasteful Tatters more!!!

Jane · Married on 06/24/2017

I always hear nightmare stories when brides don't hire a day-of planner so this was the first vendor I searched for in my wedding planning. Emilee is great to work with and understood my vision of the day! I was so relaxed the entire day since she took care of all the details and random guest appearances also. She was the best month-of planner I could have asked for!

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

Emilee is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! My now husband and I can't say enough good things about Emilee and her team!!! She was so helpful with everything every step of the way! I did her month of package but she was always available to talk and help me with anything I needed even before that! She emails and texts back right away no matter the day or time. I had so many freak outs and she was always there for me to calm me and listen to me vent which ofcourse she didn't have to do but did because that is the kind of sweet person she is! Nothing stresses her out because she can truly handle any situation that comes up. She did a truly excellent job with everything for my wedding, paid perfect attention to detail, and everything went perfectly!! Definitely recommend!!!!!!

Morgan · Married on 05/28/2017

Emilee took every concern I had throughout our entire year of working together and made me feel totally confidant in our big day. Even day of, with the typical upsets and mistakes that come with a huge party, I as the bride was blissfully unaware of anything that perhaps wasn't going according to plan. Emilee and her team truly put on an amazing event for us. Emilee was always available to meet or chat, and had great feedback and suggestions for me. She understood and worked hard to make sure the coming together of several divorced families for the first time was seemless and easynfor my husband and I. We loved working with Tasteful Tatters and would recommend Emilee as a wedding planner to anyone who asks me in the future.

Lindsay · Married on 05/26/2017

Before I started planning our wedding, I knew I definitely needed and wanted to hire a coordinator. I wanted someone to help with day of coordination as well as provide feedback & opinions on decoration, vendors, etc. I researched a few coordinators and spoke with a few on the phone, they were nice but out of my price range. I found Emily on Thumbtack and was very impressed when I went to her website and social channels. You could tell she is very professional and maintains a quality brand in her business. What really sold me was when I spoke to her on the phone and she explained and was very honest with me that I only needed the day of coordination and not the design as well. She let me know that I was already on top of most things and that we could add on if there were any additional services that I needed her to do. I found this to be a telling sign of her because she could have easily had me bring her on for the higher package without explaining to me what I would actually be getting.

She delivered on her promise of being very responsive and was an amazing sounding board throughout my wedding planning process. Many of the ideas she provided us, we ended up going with. Her energy was amazing as well and always made us feel like our wedding was a top priority and that everything was going to be fantastic! On the day of the wedding she was absolutely wonderful and I couldn't imagine having gone through the day without her. Thank you, Emily and the Tasteful Tatters team!! -- Lindsay & Darrick Williams

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2017

OMG. I don't even know where to begin with this review because there are about a million amazing things to say about Emilee. Emilee planned our dream wedding and did it with the utmost professionalism and bad-assery. She did not let one detail of our day go unnoticed - I'm not exaggerating when I say she thought of EVERYTHING (design, timeline, pictures, little extras, etc). I threw Emilee a bit of a curveball when I asked her to plan my destination wedding and then proceeded to be one of the most annoyingly unhelpful brides. I knew I wanted something "fun" and "pretty" yet "classic" but gave little to no help from there. Somehow with all of the vague feedback I gave, Em always found a way to come up with exactly what I wanted. She was fantastic at providing suggestions/ideas/etc. & honestly just has a knack for design & creativity. My family fell in love with Emilee at the wedding & hasn't stopped raving about her since our wedding (2 months ago!). Not only was Em on top of everything on the wedding day, but she was incredible to work with during the planning/design process. My (now) husband was totally on the "we don't need a wedding planner" train & Emilee had him eating his words by the time our wedding was over. He is now strongly encouraging our friends planning weddings to hire Emilee! I'd highly recommend Emilee to anyone looking for a phenomenal, hilarious, professional & creative wedding planner! Best money I spent during my entire wedding planning process!

Cathrine · Married on 04/08/2017

Emilee was just what we needed to help make our wedding smooth and easy! Originally, my husband wasn't convinced with hiring a wedding planner. Knowing how crafty and organized I am, he figured I could handle it without spending the extra money. However, after seeing how HELPFUL Emilee was with preparing for the big day, as well as on the day of the wedding, my husband is now convinced Emilee is doing what she was born to do! Even guests were commenting on how "on it" Emilee was. During the planning process, Emilee helped us with details that we would have never even considered, but sure glad we did in hindsight. For example, her experience with how to make the day run smooth, how to get the best pictures, and how to utilize the time most efficiently would have never crossed our minds, but ended up making a huge difference in the quality of the day! On the wedding day itself, as the bride and groom, we were not worried about any detail -- and that we attribute to Emilee! I would hire Emilee and her team 100 times over!

Sarabeth · Married on 01/28/2017

I can't tell you how helpful Emilee and her team was. They went above and beyond! We needed recommendations for DJ, florist, photobooth, videographer, rentals and she had it all!! Everyone she recommended was AMAZING! We ran into SEVERAL hiccups with the venue coordinator. If it wasn't for Emilee I think we would have probably canceled the wedding at the venue. If you have a venue coordinator and think you won't really need your own coordinator, trust me, you do! She's a lifesaver. Our wedding is over and I still keep in contact with her because she's just that amazing!

elizabeth · Married on 01/14/2017

Emilee and her team were absolutely AMAZING and more than I could have ever asked for!! At first I was sure if I even needed a coordinator because I am an extreme planner/organized person myself but I now know there is no way I could have pulled this wedding off without Emilee. I was so impressed with all of her organizational tools such as a spreadsheet we created to list decor items and who was dropping off/taking home (which made getting all my pretty things home after the wedding go flawlessly by the way) to sending me extremely helpful checklists along the way to be sure things had been taken care of. I never realized how many minute details are involved in the wedding planning process and I am so thankful I had Emilee by my side along the way. All of my friends said they were so impressed/surprised at how calm I was leading up to my big day and even on it and I told them all it truly was because I had an amazing coordinator and I knew the day was going to go by perfectly because of her and it did! Emilee also has amazing communication and responded to every little question I had leading up to the big day within a matter of minutes which was greatly appreciated by bit of an anxious bride like me. I cannot sing Emilee and the tasteful tatters team's praises high enough. If you are looking to have a flawless wedding call Emilee now!

Emilee is the type of wedding planner for anyone who wants an organized, polished, and beautiful production as a wedding. I, myself being a less fussy demanding(*choosy) bride wanted my planner to take the reigns and do what they do best. She exceeded any of my expectations by miles and was the kind of support and counsel that I needed so desperately at different times. The level of creativity, cost cutting, team oriented nature, are just portions of her secrets to success in what she does. I felt so calm and at ease on my wedding day that several people asked me why I was so calm. I said, I'm chilling, Emilee has this. And she nailed it. There isn't enough characters for me to divulge the details of what was an incredible and unforgettable day. Emilee, you're a rockstar!

Loved working with tasteful tatters! They were very knowlegable! They were available Everytime we had questions!

Alexandra · Married on 09/03/2016

Tasteful tatters made everything so simple and effortless for us. We throughly enjoyed working with them and always felt at ease. Everything turned out so beautifully and went so smoothly! I cannot thank them enough for making our day that much more special!

Shana · Married on 08/13/2016

Because of Emilee and her team, we were both able to actually enjoy our wedding since we knew we were in such good hands. We knew Emilee was the one from our first meeting -- she was down to earth, friendly, and very clearly an expert on the crazy wedding business that we knew nothing about. She was communicative and helpful throughout the planning process, and made things run seamlessly on our big day so that we could focus on the important stuff. We are forever grateful to her!

Lacey · Married on 06/10/2016

You can not make a better selection than Emilee and her team. They are on point, responsive, creative and think of things you never would have. She made my wedding stress free and amazing. It was perfect!
    We found her based on a photo shoot she styled and met her for brunch in Los Angeles and we were hooked. She is organized, has great energy,and was so quick when we had a question. She walked along side us through the whole process and helped us with vendors since we are from out of town. She goes above and beyond and I wish we could get married again just to keep working with her.

• Mike

Mike · Married on 06/10/2016

I don't have words to describe Emilee and her team at Tasteful Tatters! Having a destination wedding planned, my fiance and I needed to hire someone we could trust and understand our vision for the event (being meeting planners ourselves, we were very specific on everything we wanted). We sat down with Emilee in LA and it was truly meant to be. We felt extremely comfortable and decided to hire her on the spot! The next 6 months were super easy and great communication throughout. Our wedding was everything we imagined and more. It was exactly "us" and Emilee and her team handled vendor communication and schedules precisely and on time. Ever heard of a wedding having no issues, no drama and absolutely no worries? Yeah, sounds like an unicorn riding a rainbow, but it happened to us thanks to this wonderful team. Hiring them was the best decision we made besides marrying each other (and not allowing kids in our reception!) Thank you once again for all you did ! - Mike H

Taylor · Married on 05/14/2016

Words cannot describe just how amazing and helpful Emilee and her team were. Not just on the day of, but in the months up to the wedding...she was there every step of the way to help us with decisions, planning, finding vendors, diy projects, and everything in between. People say you don't enjoy your own wedding day, but my husband and I fully enjoyed every moment of our day because Emilee and her team had everything taken care. We got the most compliments day of because of the flow and how well Em handled everything. I cannot thank her enough for everything that she did for us. I would and will recommend her and her team to anyone who is in need of a wedding planner. She's not only the absolute best at what she does, but she's also the sweetest most genuine person I've met. Thank you for making our day so magical.