Sweetwater Branch Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kayla
    Kayla L. Getting married on 04/01/2022

Best Wedding Venue in Gainesville

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Sweetwater Branch Inn and it was the most perfect day we could have ever asked for! The Sweetwater staff is absolutely incredible, and the event directors, Maria and Casey, made sure our wedding went off without a hitch. The entire planning process was so easy since they take care of the ceremony, reception and the food, which was delicious! Our guests loved it and many said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I cannot recommend Sweetwater Branch Inn enough, it's definitely the best place to in Gainesville to get married!
  • User1820941
    Absolutely a beautiful hidden gem! excellent value for the $ and a dream come true!
  • Janeen
    Janeen M. Getting married on 02/02/2022

Perfection

This venue has everything you need for your wedding day. Other than the amazing food which sold me on the venue, the scenery is beautiful, the elegant wedding hall for the reception, and the garden to match it were fantastic. It was perfect for photos to be taken there, a ceremony and reception all in one. There was no need to travel around for all of those things. The coordinators and staff go beyond your expectations to make sure everything is exactly how you envisioned it, I was truly stunned on the day of. I had family reach out to me afterwards telling me how expensive of a wedding it seemed, I didn't tell them otherwise. ;)
  • Keeley
    Keeley S. Married on 06/12/2021

Love Them!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sweetwater Branch Inn. Maria & Casey were insightful, patient, and thorough through the planning process. Day of, the food was incredible and all my guests had nothing but great things to say. We also stayed in the Island Grove room to get ready in and I loved the natural light and spacious design. Sweetwater Branch is the complete package for everything a bride needs!
  • Reva
    Reva L. Married on 05/30/2021

Book your wedding at Sweetwater Branch Inn -- you won't regret it!

I had my wedding at Sweetwater Branch Inn on 5/30/21 and it was absolutely beautiful! I could not have asked for a better venue to have my wedding at. All of our close family and friends stay on property at Sweetwater for the wedding and everyone kept raving about how beautiful the property was! I had the pleasure of working with the event directors at Sweetwater Branch Inn for over 2 years while planning my wedding. Sweetwater was EXTREMELY understanding and easy to work with when my wedding had to be postponed twice due to covid. They consistently were quick to answer emails, phone calls and give professional advice throughout the postponement and planning process. Sweetwater also provides in-house catering for weddings and the food was absolutely delicious. I had multiple people tell me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! I would book my wedding at Sweetwater Branch Inn again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing wedding experience!
  • Kristin
    Kristin H. Married on 04/24/2021

The best wedding venue ever

Sweetwater Branch Inn is the best! The venue itself is so beautiful and the staff do an incredible job to make sure your wedding goes super smoothly. We didn’t have a wedding planner or day of coordinator, and it really wasn’t a problem because Casey, the Event Coordinator at Sweetwater, was there the whole time making sure everything was perfect! I couldn’t imagine a better place to get married and have a reception!! Also, the rooms are adorable and our guests loved being able to stay on site!!
    Teresa K. Married on 02/08/2021

Wedding during a pandemic!

During a pandemic, it is extremely difficult to pull off what is supposed to be one of lifes most memorable events, marriage. But that is exactly what Sweetwater did for our family! Thank you for your professionalism, flexibility, smiles, and beautiful location. We all are so thrilled we got to have Abigail and Jared's day with you! Again, Thank You!
  • Emily
    Emily W. Married on 10/10/2020

Best Gainesville Venue - Hands Down

I cannot recommend Sweetwater Branch Inn enough! Their prices were the most reasonable of any venue I looked at - and I looked at a lot. Maria was extremely attentive to detail and always on top of things. She really took a lot of pressure and anxiety off of my plate while I was planning. Whenever I needed to update something or needed to change something to better fit our budget, she was there to help. The whole staff at Sweetwater is kind, professional, and attentive. My guests ranted and raved about how perfect our venue and service was, and I couldn't agree more!

One of the benefits of Sweetwater is that you can also stay on site. Their rooms are absolutely lovely. I highly recommend staying in the Honeymoon cottage if you can! We were able to have our whole family stay on site to have an easy yet luxurious wedding weekend. :)

Sweetwater Branch Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kinds words!! It was such a pleasure working with all of you. We hope to see you back at Sweetwater. - Best wishes, Maria :)
  • Alaina
    Alaina W. Married on 10/09/2020

Beautiful and Perfect!

Sweetwater Branch Inn was a perfect venue for us. Casey Henshaw and the staff made everything go smoothly and made sure we were always taken care of. They also made all our guests feel safe in the midst of the pandemic. The Sweetwater chef makes incredible food and the rooms were comfortable, clean and historic. Even with Florida afternoon showers when our ceremony was supposed to begin, the staff gladly waited out the rain and hand dried everything to get our ceremony going in perfect time. We couldn't ask for a better experience or better people to work with.
    Maria H. Married on 09/06/2020

Great Venue

Sweetwater Branch made my special day everything that I had dreamed of. Everyone enjoyed the venue, food and attention. Furthermore, I loved working with them throughout the planning and how they manage the wedding in the middle of the pandemic.
  • Katie
    Katie M. Married on 08/08/2020

Perfect reception

Sweetwater Branch Inn was the best wedding venue I could have ever asked for. The venue itself is stunning both indoors and outdoors. Casey and the team did a brilliant job of organizing the reception and coordinating the day so that the event went smoothly. The staff did great with COVID-19 limitations - all staff wore masks, handled food/beverages for guests, and had sanitizers available as well. When I got to the reception, I did not have to worry about a thing. They have clearly experienced professionals and know how to hold large events. I'm genuinely very happy that I chose SWB for my wedding reception!!!
    Brittany T. Married on 07/05/2020

Sweetwater Branch was amazing! I would highly recommend them! They will help your wedding day go off with no hiccups!

The venue is gorgeous and they thought of everything! The food was great! The bartender was great! Highly recommend working with Maria.

Sweetwater Branch Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brittany! I'm so glad we were able to be a part of you and Schannon's day :)

- Maria & Casey
    Tristany L. Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing and fantastic

The event planners were extremely great very thankful to them

Sweetwater Branch Inn's reply:

Thank you, Tristany! It was such a pleasure working with you and Kenny. We wish you all the best! - Casey & Maria :)
  • Alison
    Alison R. Married on 12/29/2019

Elegant and Memorable

We had the best wedding ever thanks to sweetwater. The food was impeccable, the atmosphere was simply sublime, and the staff was so kind. Everyone raved about how great the venue was. Thank you so much
    Love the Woodwards

Hi Alison!!

I am so very happy to hear that you an Jonathan had a good experience at Sweetwater! It was such a pleasure working with you and being part of your special day.

We wish you all the best in your new lives together!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 10/25/2019

Charming and Elegant Wedding Venue

We chose Sweetwater Branch Inn for our rehearsal dinner and wedding in October. This venue is so charming, elegant, and beautiful for weddings. I can honestly say there is nothing else like it in the Gainesville area. It the first venue we toured and we knew right then that we would end up choosing Sweetwater for our wedding. Casey was our event planner for both our events. She is so professional and helpful with any questions or concerns we had along the way. The wedding planners always respond within a day of emailing. Also, your other vendors who work in the area (DJ’s, photographers, florists, etc.) are familiar with the venue which makes it very easy for them to plan and set up.

We had our rehearsal dinner in the McKenzie House, which is a smaller venue for more intimate events. There are so many unique and beautiful places to take photos. The service was incredible and the food was delicious. We had our wedding ceremony in the garden and our reception was in the McKenzie Hall. Everything was set up perfectly how we wanted and the space was so beautiful. Our guests were so impressed Sweetwater’s unique charm. It is a perfect space for an indoor-outdoor wedding reception. We had people dancing inside, and others chatting and playing yard games outside all night. Thanks to the Sweetwater staff, our wedding turned out so perfectly and I couldn’t have asked for anything better.
    Ashley Married on 10/18/2019

Charming local venue with wonderful event staff!

Always such a pleasure working with this charming venue! Gorgeous details can be found inside and out - and I've been lucky enough to create floral installations for several weddings here with my floral design company, Garden and Grace Florals. The event and catering staff is always incredibly helpful and willing to do whatever is needed to ensure the events they host are not only gorgeous but also impeccably planned!
  • Brigette
    Brigette B. Married on 09/14/2019

I will continue to use them over and over...

Sweetwater was everything we imagined. We chose to have our ceremony in their garden area, and would make that decision over and over again. So worth the extra money! Also the hall that goes along with the gardens is beautiful and modern! We plan on staying for a weekend every once in a while, and surprising my grandparents in law for their 50th anniversary to stay their and do the personal chef dinner. You will not regret booking sweetwater!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 06/30/2019

The wedding of our dreams..

We are over the moon with the venue we chose. The minute we saw the venue for the first time, we knew we would be getting married there. The entire staff at Sweetwater was so kind and supportive from the very beginning. They were flexible, patient, and understanding. They answered a million of my questions without blinking an eye. They were beyond professional and accommodating to all of our needs the day of and the day before. Our family and friends (and us included!) were blown away by how truly beautiful the venue is. Everything looked stunning on the day of the wedding. Alicia and the rest of the staff at SWB were so on top of everything that my husband and I have no idea if anything went wrong! Our family was so impressed with the staff afterwards. Plus- the food is AMAZING! So delicious. We love them!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 04/20/2019

Perfect venue

I loved EVERYTHING about Sweetwater Branch Inn! When you are choosing to have your wedding here, you are choosing more than a BEAUTIFUL garden with twinkle lights and an open, bright banquet hall. You are choosing a staff of responsive, thoughtful, and unbelievably helpful people that are going to make your wedding dreams come true. Any time we had a question they were ready with suggestions to help guide us. They helped us think through every detail in our planning process. And on our special day they helped coordinate everything and make everything beautiful. I was the most stress-free bride because of them. All of our guests were so impressed by the delicious food, decor, and fun lawn games. Sweetwater is the PERFECT place to have your wedding!
    Kyle Married on 08/18/2018
    I couldn't have imagined a more perfect reception venue with more perfect people helping us through the entire process. From our initial consult to the wedding day, the Sweetwater team was fantastic. As a detail-oriented planner myself, I really appreciated that they had my back and were just as detail-oriented. As our wedding approached, we began to primarily work with Marjury, who I can't rave about enough. She coordinated everything reception-related for us, was sure we had time to eat and always had everything we needed. She even made sure we had a plate of our cocktail hour foods waiting for us back in our room after the reception. She honestly just felt like one of our awesome friends who constantly had our back. My only regret is that Marjury couldn't fully enjoy our wedding reception, as well. I just wanted her to hang out with us!

I should also mention the food. The menu options are robust and the food is some of the best I've had at a wedding. Everyone complimented us on how great it was, especially the mac and cheese. The bartenders were awesome, too, always making sure we had what we needed as quickly as possible.

The ability to have some of our closest friends and family stay onsite was also great. It was like our own little neighborhood of awesomeness! The morning breakfasts were another great communal time and the breakfasts, included with the B&B stay, were amazingly yummy.

As a same-sex couple, we struggled mightily before the wedding to find reviews of places from other same-sex couples, so I also want to take a moment to say how this fact didn't even faze them one bit. Ever. The Sweetwater team was wonderful from start to finish and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day, thanks in large part to Marjury and team. From Cornelia, the owner, to Marjury and the rest of the staff, whether Events or the B&B side, everyone was awesome and everything was perfect. I can't recommend them and Sweetwater Branch Inn highly enough.
  • Ele
    Ele Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect day!

I cannot say better things about Sweetwater Branch Inn! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, it barely needed any decorations its so wonderful. The food was AMAZING, and they have a variety of choices so that you can choose what is right for your wedding! Everyone was talking about how amazing the food was during and well after the wedding was over! The staff at Sweetwater is so helpful and courteous! They answered all of our questions and truly listened to every hope and dream we had for our day! Our Sweetwater coordinator (Keeley) was there every step of the way, she was so kind to us and our families! She took the time to get to know us and make us feel comfortable and heard! I cannot recommend Sweetwater more for your wedding! They made our day perfect!
  • Emma
    Emma Married on 06/30/2018

Magical Intimate Wedding

Casey, Maria, and all of the Sweetwater Branch Inn staff were absolutely incredible every step of the way! We initially planned to have a 80-120 guest wedding set for 2021, but life circumstances led us to having a smaller wedding of 12 people, which Sweetwater not only immediately accommodated, but helped us create something magical we will remember for the rest of our lives. The venue allows for this type of range in guest list, while not skimping on beauty. We look forward to returning to this local treasure for our future honeymoons and picnic dates!
    Hannah Married on 04/22/2018
    The Sweetwater Branch Inn was everything my fiancé and I needed (and more) in a venue. Before we met with Sweetwater’s team, we had researched and toured several other venues who all gave a quote that was not only way over our budget, but it didn’t include the things that were most important to us. We were presented with random fees and decor regulations that would have prevented us from having the wedding we envisioned, but our first meeting with Sweetwater was a game changer! They listened to us, answered all of our questions and ultimately helped us design our wedding to be the dream that it was. There were no surprises, weird rules, or hidden costs. They helped us make all of our ideas a reality and even made a special cold brew coffee for us to serve to our guests and helped us design a signature speciality coffee bar menu! On the day of, our wedding coordinator, Alicia was there early in the morning to ensure the entire day ran smoothly and it DID! The entire day was insanely beautiful and the food was AMAZING! I would recommend Sweetwater to any couple looking for a venue that will give them the support they need to pull off such a major event. We are so grateful to have found you!
    Photo Credit: Tiffany Danielle Photography
    Ryan Married on 04/07/2018
    Turns out that rain on your wedding day is good luck, right?! Marj & the Sweetwater staff did an INCREDIBLE, I repeat - INCREDIBLE job hosting our wedding weekend! It was literally the PERFECT day for not only my bride and I, but for our entire family as well. Way to go Sweetwater Branch Inn!