Sweetwater Branch Inn Reviews

Sweetwater Branch Inn 6
Sweetwater Branch Inn 7
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/30/2019

The wedding of our dreams..

We are over the moon with the venue we chose. The minute we saw the venue for the first time, we knew we would be getting married there. The entire staff at Sweetwater was so kind and supportive from the very beginning. They were flexible, patient, and understanding. They answered a million of my questions without blinking an eye. They were beyond professional and accommodating to all of our needs the day of and the day before. Our family and friends (and us included!) were blown away by how truly beautiful the venue is. Everything looked stunning on the day of the wedding. Alicia and the rest of the staff at SWB were so on top of everything that my husband and I have no idea if anything went wrong! Our family was so impressed with the staff afterwards. Plus- the food is AMAZING! So delicious. We love them!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Sweetwater Branch Inn 17
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/20/2019

Perfect venue

I loved EVERYTHING about Sweetwater Branch Inn! When you are choosing to have your wedding here, you are choosing more than a BEAUTIFUL garden with twinkle lights and an open, bright banquet hall. You are choosing a staff of responsive, thoughtful, and unbelievably helpful people that are going to make your wedding dreams come true. Any time we had a question they were ready with suggestions to help guide us. They helped us think through every detail in our planning process. And on our special day they helped coordinate everything and make everything beautiful. I was the most stress-free bride because of them. All of our guests were so impressed by the delicious food, decor, and fun lawn games. Sweetwater is the PERFECT place to have your wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Kyle · Married on 08/18/2018

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect reception venue with more perfect people helping us through the entire process. From our initial consult to the wedding day, the Sweetwater team was fantastic. As a detail-oriented planner myself, I really appreciated that they had my back and were just as detail-oriented. As our wedding approached, we began to primarily work with Marjury, who I can't rave about enough. She coordinated everything reception-related for us, was sure we had time to eat and always had everything we needed. She even made sure we had a plate of our cocktail hour foods waiting for us back in our room after the reception. She honestly just felt like one of our awesome friends who constantly had our back. My only regret is that Marjury couldn't fully enjoy our wedding reception, as well. I just wanted her to hang out with us!

I should also mention the food. The menu options are robust and the food is some of the best I've had at a wedding. Everyone complimented us on how great it was, especially the mac and cheese. The bartenders were awesome, too, always making sure we had what we needed as quickly as possible.

The ability to have some of our closest friends and family stay onsite was also great. It was like our own little neighborhood of awesomeness! The morning breakfasts were another great communal time and the breakfasts, included with the B&B stay, were amazingly yummy.

As a same-sex couple, we struggled mightily before the wedding to find reviews of places from other same-sex couples, so I also want to take a moment to say how this fact didn't even faze them one bit. Ever. The Sweetwater team was wonderful from start to finish and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day, thanks in large part to Marjury and team. From Cornelia, the owner, to Marjury and the rest of the staff, whether Events or the B&B side, everyone was awesome and everything was perfect. I can't recommend them and Sweetwater Branch Inn highly enough.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/22/2018

The Sweetwater Branch Inn was everything my fiancé and I needed (and more) in a venue. Before we met with Sweetwater’s team, we had researched and toured several other venues who all gave a quote that was not only way over our budget, but it didn’t include the things that were most important to us. We were presented with random fees and decor regulations that would have prevented us from having the wedding we envisioned, but our first meeting with Sweetwater was a game changer! They listened to us, answered all of our questions and ultimately helped us design our wedding to be the dream that it was. There were no surprises, weird rules, or hidden costs. They helped us make all of our ideas a reality and even made a special cold brew coffee for us to serve to our guests and helped us design a signature speciality coffee bar menu! On the day of, our wedding coordinator, Alicia was there early in the morning to ensure the entire day ran smoothly and it DID! The entire day was insanely beautiful and the food was AMAZING! I would recommend Sweetwater to any couple looking for a venue that will give them the support they need to pull off such a major event. We are so grateful to have found you!
    Photo Credit: Tiffany Danielle Photography

Sweetwater Branch Inn 22
    Sweetwater Branch Inn 23
    Sweetwater Branch Inn 24

Ryan · Married on 04/07/2018

Turns out that rain on your wedding day is good luck, right?! Marj & the Sweetwater staff did an INCREDIBLE, I repeat - INCREDIBLE job hosting our wedding weekend! It was literally the PERFECT day for not only my bride and I, but for our entire family as well. Way to go Sweetwater Branch Inn!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Sweetwater Branch Inn 25
    Sweetwater Branch Inn 26

Michael · Married on 03/04/2018

If in Gainesville area, Sweetwater Inn is top notch. They are right on target, food and service is amazing, wedding planning is perfect, the employees couldn't be more amazing. The Cottages and rooms in the two main B and B are clean and each one is unique. They have cooked to order breakfast daily. Wine and cheese at night. This is a no brainer. BOOK IT.
    The Rosenblatt Family

Sent on 03/24/2018

Katy · Married on 01/13/2018

Sweetwater Branch Inn is HANDS DOWN the greatest wedding venue and I am so thankful that I found them during my planning process. From the moment I stepped foot in the gardens, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. Sarah worked with us to make sure the contract signing was flawless. Shortly there after, I began communicating with Keeley, one of the Events Managers. Her attention to detail is stellar. Not to mention, she's warm and inviting in all of her communications, which eases any Brides mind! Their team put together the most beautiful wedding and reception, I don't think I could have planned it much better myself. They ensure that you have a peace a mind going into your big day, which is something I will forever be grateful for. Thank you for providing me with the most beautiful day of my life! You all are truly 5 star! :)

Sent on 01/24/2018

Ryan · Married on 07/08/2017

From start to finish SWB was amazing. From answering my endless emails to being there every step of the way the night of my wedding. It was great. Keely did such a phenomenal job. She made sure everything ran smoothly. She even made our cookie tower! which turned out amazing!! I am so glad we went with a venue that made it so easy every step of the way. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/07/2017

We had our wedding reception here a few weeks ago and this was the best decision! Sweetwater is such a beautiful venue: the reception hall has an intimate and beautiful layout, the gardens are gorgeous, and guests can stay on site making it easy for people to get “home” after the wedding. Everyone at Sweetwater was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and such a pleasure to work with. They answered all of our questions and gave us great advice! They listen to your interests, style and taste and work with you to create your fairytale. They made it such a wonderful and stress free experience. We felt comfortable planning our whole wedding ourselves but didn’t want the added cost of hiring a day of coordinator. And that was fine because Sweetwater has you covered! This was a lifesaver and saved us hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. They even set up several of our items for the reception which was a huge help! All of our guests commented that we chose such a beautiful venue for our reception, and a lot of them stayed at Sweetwater that evening too! Sweetwater set up and planned everything exactly how we discussed and it came out perfect – and all the lighting outside makes it look extra magical. All of our pictures from the day look so dreamy! Such an amazing evening!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/05/2016

We recently got married at Sweetwater Branch Inn and it was wonderful! Marjury and the event girls were on top of everything, from helping us plan, to taking care of all the tiny details the day of so we didn't have to worry about them. They even made sure we had extra food brought back to our cottage since we hardly ate during the reception (too busy enjoying the night!). Everything ran smoothly and the whole process was as stress free as it could be. Most of our other vendors had worked with Sweetwater in the past and were familiar with the staff and venue, which made things run seamlessly. We had our ceremony at the columns and the pictures look beautiful! All of the staff we met were so accommodating and went out of their way to help us prepare. Our families and friends stayed at the bed and breakfast and they all enjoyed their stay. We would absolutely recommend Sweetwater Branch Inn!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Claudia · Married on 01/09/2016

Working with Sweetwater was great. The wedding coordinators Lauren and Marjorie did a great job keeping me low stress and making me feel comfortable that the wedding would go smoothly. In the week leading up to the event, they were available to me and my (now) husband for any questions and concerns we had, and on the day of, Marjorie did a wonderful job of managing the event. The venue is beautiful. We had planned to have the ceremony in front of the colonnade, but rain made us retreat to the covered patio. Even though the ceremony location was changed only 30 minutes before the wedding (Florida is evil), the switch happened seamlessly. The reception in McKenzie hall was beautiful. Having the catering come through Sweetwater made my life much easier. I would absolutely recommend working with Sweetwater Branch Inn for a wedding ceremony/reception!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Jessica · Married on 12/19/2015

Sweetwater Branch Inn is a hidden gem in Gainesville. It is absolutely beautiful and well-manicured throughout the property. Our guests loved it and it photographed beautifully. Lauren and Sarah were a pleasure to work with. They made our wedding planning easier and were very accommodating. They helped us decide all the little details to ensure our wedding vision came to life. During our reception, Lauren came by to check on us after we were served dinner. She wanted to make sure we ate dinner before getting caught up with the busy rest of the night. It was very sweet and thoughtful of her to do that. During dinner, the staff served all of our guests and kept up with drinks. It was very formal and appreciated. It was a little bit more expensive than we originally wanted to spend, but looking back we have ZERO regrets. Sweetwater was a huge part of our wedding day and they exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day and night unforgettable. It was so special! We highly recommend renting rooms for the bridesmaids to get ready in and rooms for the groomsmen to get ready in for the wedding day. It makes the experience so special to get ready in the same beautiful property where you will celebrate your marriage. It makes for wonderful photographs too.

Sent on 03/23/2016

We held only our reception at the Sweetwater Branch Inn, after a ceremony at the Baughman Center. Our interactions with the Sweetwater began about a year and a half before our event, since we planned to hold our wedding during football season and needed to secure a prime weekend date. The event staff did an excellent job of outlining their capabilities and working with us to create an initial plan within our budget. There is an event minimum price on certain days, and the Sweetwater worked closely with us to make sure we met the amount while getting the maximum value for our money. Due to distance, my now-wife and I needed to coordinate most of the details over the phone and over email, and we found the staff to be easy to work with and very responsive.

In terms of what you can expect: the Sweetwater has an event hall which easily fit our 75-person wedding with a full dance floor and a live band, without feeling cramped. We liked the decor of the room and did not decorate much beyond specifying table decorations. We also held a cocktail hour on the surrounding patio, which again had plenty of space for our guests. The Sweetwater provides in-house catering, which was delicious and plentiful. The bartender was located outside by our choice, but we never had a problem with our guests separating from the main hall (having an actual live band helped). Everything matched our plans exactly, and there were no problems with timing. I should also point out that we had an independent day-of coordinator who worked with Lauren (the main event coordinator at the Sweetwater). Combined, we ended up with an extremely smooth event and have nothing but positive memories from our wedding reception.

In our experience, the Sweetwater Branch Inn is an amazing place to hold your reception, and we would recommend it to everyone!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Julia · Married on 10/10/2015

The Sweetwater Branch Inn is an amazing place to have a wedding. As with any venue, there are a few drawbacks, but they are very minimal. Here are the tips if you are thinking about getting married there:

The bar is outside, which draws a lot of people outside and away from the dancefloor. It was difficult to find everyone since they were so spread out and the DJs mike didn't work outside that well. That being said, it also opened up the inside of the venue, making it not feel crowded and gave our guests other "options" of things to do/places to hang out.

As the married couple, you stay in the honeymoon room. It is beautiful, but it's in the middle of everything (which is super convenient) and when you go inside for your "send off" it is loud outside and a little awkward. It was also weird since there were several other events during the weekend, even though our friends and family had rented out the entire sleep accommodations. But nonetheless, it was a beautiful room and we hardly stayed in it at all.

Other than those two minor details (easily fixed), the venue is absolutely amazing. We worked with the event coordinator Lauren, and she was awesome. Lauren handled everything flawlessly the day of the wedding. It was everything that I had envisioned and all of the details were perfect. She really took the time to right down everything single thing that I wanted on each table and was super accommodating when I needed to change something. The food was also amazing!

It was also great that we had all of our family and friends staying with us onsite. It was a great way to have everyone together and all of the rooms were beautiful. The guests were all very happy. I can't really think of much else to rave about because EVERYTHING was so perfect. I am very detail-oriented and had planned this whole wedding by myself and Lauren and the Sweetwater staff took what I had and made it happen for me. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Dawn · Married on 06/26/2015

My wedding couldn't have been more BEAUTIFUL! And, it couldn't have been more challenging.... We got married on steamy summer evening in July, and the weather shifted at the last minute. Sweetwater staff helped me make the very difficult decision to move the ceremony from the garden to inside the hall. They responded quickly and professionally and the ceremony flowed as if it was supposed to be inside! I was so glad and HAPPY it was moved! Inside was cool and mosquito-free and intimate and elegant. I felt like a QUEEN! Many guests commented on how lovely it was. Also, the AC had been broken that day and the room was slow to cool, so the wedding cake that my mom made started to melt and fall when it was delivered two hours before the ceremony. The owner Cornelia and her staff Lauren and the Intern along with the Florist, Joan Prange, kicked into action and team-worked and problem-solved to save the cake!! And, they protected me, the bride, from the drama of it alll while I did photos! They are SO awesome in dealing with the many surprises and dynamics a wedding can bring...Oh, and compliments to the Chef! We had a DELICIOUS meal and a fabulous time!!! Finally, our family stayed at the Inn. The rooms were so nice and breakfast was to die for! We stayed at the honeymoon suite and it was just PERFECT! I can't say enough about how happy we were with Sweetwater. I highly recommend them. THANK YOU! :-)

Sent on 07/26/2011

ruby · Married on 05/09/2015

Sweetwater Inn is the coolest place to get married. This venue is perfect for the mid sized wedding.
    Ceremony: so many options for the bride to setup. We chose the coloumns, since we had a larger guest count. The flowers were blooming in season in May and so that was very nice to walk down the aisle to. There is fake grass, but its so great, bc our guests didnt have to worry about sinking into the ground and ruining their heels. It looks very nice in pictures as the grass is always very green.
    Venue: The indoor hall with cocktail bar was great for our out of town guests. It was so nice not to have to drive to a different place from the ceremony. Our guests loved the cocktail hour under the awning while we took our pictures. At night, the strung lights were really romantic and gave the garden a glow which was just awesome. We loved the ponds around the Venue as this was something for the kids to look at when they needed some distraction. The McKenzie Hall was nice and big, with high ceilings and windows above. It really gave an open feeling. Recommend staying at the hotel its so nice and unique. Bfast is so tasty!
    Food: We chose to pay extra for the food tasting. It is well worth it. I cannot explain to you how good the food was. We had coconut shrimp, beef wellington, stuffed sausage mushrooms for apps (a crowd pleaser). Entree we chose to do buffet style. Honey Pecan fried chicken was very tasty. We splurged and had the prime rib carving station and that was PHENOMENAL! Our guests did return for seconds and I was told several times through the night and the next day that the food so good.
    Staff/Venue Coordinators:
    First of all, Thank you Lauren and Sarah, you both are two of the sweetest people to work with. The events directors are very easy to work with, especially with my hectic schedule they were able to fit me into their time. Things went so smoothly from day 1 to wedding day. Other staff ppl were great on day of event.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Susan · Married on 04/11/2015

What a fantastic venue! We can't thank Sweetwater Branch Inn enough for their part in making our special day so incredible!
    From guiding us through the setup and menu process to being so attentive during the event. They well exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Anastasha · Married on 01/31/2015

I did my wedding at Sweetwater last January, and it was amazing! They were so easy to work with and made planning the menu and the venue easy! Any questions I had were answered promptly. On the day of the event, everyone was so professional and helpful, and they made sure it wasn't stressful at all for me. Sweetwater is a great venue for it's beautiful scenery and delicious food, but the people at Sweetwater make it an outstanding venue!

Sent on 02/19/2015

For me selecting a venue was one of the tougher wedding decisions I had to make, but I am so happy I went with Sweetwater Branch Inn. The venue looked beautiful and the staff was so helpful. Lauren, our coordinator, was fantastic. She answered my many emails all throughout the nine months leading up to the wedding. The day of she made sure everything went smoothly and seeing as I was my own wedding planner, that was an enormous help.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Taylor · Married on 01/10/2015

There are too many good things to say about Sweetwater. The ceremony area is beautiful. The reception hall is gorgeous. Every bit of the property is unique and charming. The food that they cater is incredibly delicious. My guests are still raving about their dinners. But on top of all that, you also have Lauren and Sarah who are the most helpful, skilled, and organized event coordinators I have ever met. Leading up to the wedding, I had so many questions and they were so gracious to promptly respond with several good ideas and tips. They communicated with our vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. On the day of the wedding, they coordinated our vendors on where to go and they helped us put up the rest of our decorations. Also, during the wedding, Sarah was around to make sure everything went smoothly. And good thing she was there! Our wedding was going longer than expected and we knew we would need another hour to have plenty of time for dancing. So Sarah coordinated all of our vendors and asked if they could stay for another hour. I never had to worry about a thing! She had it all under control. I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere else! I know we are going to be talking about how amazing Sweetwater is for years to come.

Sent on 02/07/2015

Absolutely a beautiful hidden gem! excellent value for the $ and a dream come true!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Carol · Married on 11/08/2014

Absolutely gorgeous venue!!! And the food is to die for!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Carolyn · Married on 05/11/2014

I just had my wedding here on Sunday May 11th. It was an amazing day! Unfortunately, it was raining about 30 minutes before my ceremony was to take place, so Lauren (the coordinator) suggested switching to inside. That was literally the only disappointing thing the whole day because everyone at sweetwater made my wedding SO perfect. They were able to set up for the indoors ceremony (MacKenzie hall) quickly. Lauren even helped me get into the ceremony by blocking me from view....AND carrying the train of my dress so it wouldn't get wet from the rain! Since we hadn't practiced doing the ceremony this way during the rehearsal, she pretty much acted like a ceremony coordinator (NOT part of her job description) to make sure we all went at the right time.

The food was amazing. They set up the reception beautifully. I literally was in awe when I first saw it. The sweetheart table was stunning! She helped coordinate things with the DJ and the photographer. I can truly say she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect!

Also, considering quality of everything you get with this venue....beautiful gardens, wonderful staff/coordinators, a gorgeous reception hall, delicious food, all the set up, plus the ability to bring your own alcohol.....it was way less expensive than I imagine you can find anywhere else. If anything went wrong with the wedding, I truly did not see it!

Sent on 05/13/2014
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 03/29/2014

We looked all over Gainesville for a venue that would fit our taste AND budget. We looked at the Thomas Center and the Baughman Center on campus, and none came even close to what the Sweetwater had to offer.
    First of all, the place is BEAUTIFUL. those gardens are a picture perfect setting for a wedding, and the McKenzie hall is so open and lets in lots of light which makes for good photographs. I also love that its relatively simple in its decor and architecture because it's like a blank canvas on which couples can create their vision. Ours was a vintage, quirky, and whimsical- Kind of like a wedding you'd see in a Wes Anderson movie. Lauren and the staff where so helpful and supportive of our vision. They let us put up bunting flags and hang homemade signs above the bar. It all turned out beautifully.

Secondly, do not underestimate the power of CONVENIENCE. I didn't realize how lucky we were to have the ceremony & the reception in the same place until the day of. I was also so please with many of our guests and ourselves staying at the Sweetwater Branch Inn (with a 15% discount!) No running around from one place to the next, no wondering whether people would find the reception venue, and no guests having to worry about a designated driver! All they had to do was stroll through the gardens and make their way up to their rooms after a night of drinking and dancing! We had a wonderful stay in the beautiful Honeymoon cottage, and it was so sweet to be greeted by our family and friends over breakfast the next day and gush about the previous night's festivities.

Third and most importantly, we were so pleased with Lauren and the Sweetwater staff's professionalism, friendliness, and willingness to work with us and answer all our questions. Our guests were extremely satisfied with the custom Southern/Ecuadorian Menu (which the chef helped us create!) and drinks and we continue to receive compliments on our big day. Thank you Sweetwater Branch Inn!

Sent on 04/04/2014