Sweetface Events Reviews

63 | Washington, DC

63 Reviews for Sweetface Events

Sabrina · Married on 09/01/2018

I HIGHLY recommend Sweetface Events if you're planning a wedding in the D.C. area. I had to plan my wedding from Germany, so my mother was working with Sarena a lot. Sarena is such a kind person to work with, always keeping a calm manner, which I found extremely nice. She is completely professional and on top of everything. Not only was she highly responsive to all our questions and needs, talking my mother and I through all the details (many emails and calls) but she also recommended amazing vendors that were all excellent and were able to work with our budget. We had Sarena there for day-of coordination and everything ran very smoothly! Her experience with wedding planning and day-of coordination really shows and I do believe she went above and beyond her duties.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Tiffanie · Married on 06/29/2018

I interviewed a few wedding planners before meeting Sarena, but once we had our first meeting — I knew she was the one.

Sarena knows what she’s doing. She’s honest, patient, accommodating, and will do what’s right. I’ve always felt like customer satisfaction was a priority to her.

Planning a wedding is a long, detailed, and strenuous process — but my weekly calls and meetings with Sarena were always a pleasant one! Getting along with your wedding planner is important — because you’re essentially stuck with them until the wedding is over — and I truly believe that one of Sarena’s talents is being such a great people person.

She also saved us on several incidents on our wedding day — things that I FOR SURE wouldn’t have known what to do if she wasn’t there.

Out of all vendors and investments we put in for our wedding, Sarena was by far the most unregretful one. Thank you again SO MUCH Sarena!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Ally · Married on 04/07/2018

ABSOLUTELY LOVE SARENA AND THE SWEETFACE TEAM!!! Where do I even begin, working with Sarena for the 9 months before our wedding was an absolute dream. We chose to work with Sarena after having just one phone call with her due to her ability to recognize what our needs were. Right off the bat, she helped us plan a realistic timeline and budget for everything, which we were able to stick to because of her guidance. Throughout the months, Sarena kept us on track, provided tons of amazing recommendations, and was there for us personally every step of the way. She and her team were incredibly professional and extremely talented: from the decor to the time management to the last minute details. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect because of Sarena and she has become like family to us, we are truly grateful for her and Sweetface events. Definitely choose Sweetface Events if you want a team of truly incredible and super sweet and down to earth wedding planners!

Sent on 04/29/2018

DC · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I are busy professionals in our 30s. We wanted to have a nice wedding but had concerns about time, keeping our families happy, and all those wedding details that we knew were inevitable.

{Enter Sarena, clouds parting, angels singing}

Sarena Baker made the whole experience run smoothly and easily. She knew the right questions to ask, she gently directed us to make decisions so she could move forward, she put us in touch with excellent and cost-conscious vendors, she handled some of our more challenging family members with ease. She lightened the load and stress of wedding planning in a tremendous way. I cannot stress to you how relieved I was by the middle and end of the process to have an absolute pro behind the scenes coordinating the effort. She even did a special errand for a "Spanx emergency" on the day of the wedding.

Other feedback - I heard from our hotel events coordinator that Sarena asked all the right questions. From my vantage point, she was such a great guide, and it was good to know that he had the same impression. He said that she asked all the right questions and knew all the details that a venue or hotel coordinator would need to know, and he enjoyed working with her.

To top it all off, Sarena is just a cool person and fun to be around. To top THAT off, when we went to pay the final deposit I felt like we were robbing her, thinking of all the value and help we got from working with her. Best money we spent, hands down.

DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR! Hire Sweetface to help you with your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Hally · Married on 06/03/2017

We hired Nicole as our "day-of" planner and she was absolutely amazing to work with! She was very responsive to my many email requests and questions and always had great ideas and suggestions to supplement my own. She went above and beyond to remain accessible, even before the official time frame reflected in our contract. I highly recommend reaching out to Nicole if you are in search of a rockstar planner!

Sent on 10/12/2017
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 04/15/2017

Sarena did a great job assisting with our wedding. We contracted her services about 5 months prior to our wedding, as we were running behind on some of our planning, including floral, hotel room block and tabletop decor. She did a great job keeping us on track with all items. Additionally, she was instrumental on our big day. She has a kind, professional demeanor and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Catherine · Married on 04/09/2017

I cannot tell you enough how much my planners (Nicole and Deidre) absolutely SAVED MY LIFE when it came to the wedding planning experience. I have never wanted a wedding because of the headache and anxiety that planning causes... but working with Sweetface made the experience FLAWLESS. They were on top with emails and communication with myself and my vendors. I felt like I didn't need to take care of anything by myself. Every time I stressed, they were very solution focused and were there for me, guiding me or doing for me. And let me not forgot to say that these ladies made my entire wedding weekend FLAWLESS. They saved me money with taking all equipment from my florist and doing all my table settings for me and took my vision and PERFECTLY presented it with the decor. It was perfect, they were perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/09/2017

David · Married on 11/05/2016

Deidre was amazing. We could not have asked for anyone better to handle our wedding. She made such a stressful occassion so much easier and did it all with a smile on her face. You could not ask for a planner better than Deidre and her team at Sweetface.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Melanie · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely worth every penny! Deidre was so pleasant to work with and literally did ALL of the leg work. If you're looking into them, look no further. They are seriously the most attentive and easiest people to work with!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Maida · Married on 09/17/2016

Sweetface is a full service wedding planning organization. They can help with finding all other vendors, have great ideas for wedding themes, and help with every aspect of the planning. Had Ii to do it over again, I would definitely go with Swetface Events, because they handled all of my problems and questions with ease, making my daughter's wedding day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Marta · Married on 09/10/2016

Sarena with Sweetface Events was like my guardian angel throughout the entire wedding planning process from the moment we met to the last moments of packing up all the details and decor of our wedding. She is incredibly easy to work with - so friendly, accommodating, and always has ideas to offer even when you think you have thought of everything. Her flexibility when it came to meeting in person was very much appreciated, and was always a phone call or text away. Although I only met Nicole on the day of my wedding, she too, was a joy to work with. It was almost as if I had known her since the beginning of planning the wedding as well. Sarena and Nicole work so efficiently well together and are truly a dream team to work with. One of them was always there for me and my husband the day of our wedding for ANY of our needs. If you are looking for top notch service at a very reasonable price, Sarena and her team at Sweetface Events are just what you need!!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

James · Married on 05/01/2016

First off, I have to say that the planning process for our wedding was very unusual. My wife was born and raised in S. Korea and is not a native English speaker so ALL of the communication between my wife and our planner basically came through me. Also, weddings in Korea are typically done in packages so the wedding couple only has to pick which package they want, and EVERYTHING is taken care of by the planner, so doing an American wedding was quite a daunting task for my wife.

With that said, working with Deidre from Sweetface Events was WONDERFUL! Deidre was extremely patient, well-organized, and was always willing to accommodate our busy/hectic schedule. A month before our wedding date, we actually ended up switching our reception location. Deidre didn’t miss a beat, and was able to switch gears immediately to get our new reception location locked down and ready to go. She was always mindful of our budget and provided creative yet sensible recommendations for all of our requests.

Also, during our planning process my wife and I somehow lost track of a Polaroid camera that we planned on using for our wedding guest book. We looked everywhere for it, but we just couldn’t find it and since the wedding was next week, we decided to give up on the idea. Deidre actually went on Amazon and bought a polaroid camera AND film for us to use during our reception at no charge! The camera and film itself is not cheap at all, and it ended being a big hit at our reception. To be honest, we actually cherish those polaroid photos more than the photos we got from our wedding photographer. Deidre really is a wonderful person who genuinely cares about helping others, and has an innate talent for wedding planning.

I know that there were probably a bunch of things that Deidre did for us that we will never know, but we truly appreciated all the help that she provided. Thanks Deidre!

Sent on 05/21/2016

I hired Sweetface to provide month of coordination for my wedding and worked with Nicole Hild. Despite only being contracted for month of coordination, Nicole was helping me with vendor selections and recomendations months before my wedding. I had a specific vision in mind and when i couldnt find the tablecloths that I really wanted, Nicole pulled through and found me a reliable vendor with the perfect linens!

Nicole did an amazing job and I couldnt have pulled this wedding together without her. She followed up with the many vendors I had that day and was even willing to help us out smooth out some "family" issues. I would highly recommend Sweetface events for wedding planning or at the very least, month of coordination. You won't regret it!

thank you Sweetface and Nicole for all your hard work!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Sarena and her team were on point with everything. I had a Chinese/Vietnamese wedding at a Chinese restaurant with about 470+ people. Many people will say that having a planner isn't necessary for an Asian wedding, but if you have that many people then I highly suggest Sweetface for the job. Calls, emails, and texts were answered quickly and everything was executed by Sarena and her team as planned. Highly recommended (especially for Asian style weddings since she has experienced one that was so large).

Sent on 12/11/2015

Chelia · Married on 10/11/2015

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Nicole and Sweetface Events! We talked to quite a few planners when looking for help with planning our wedding, but when we met Nicole we knew we had found the perfect planner for us. Throughout the entire process, she was extremely kind, helpful, responsive, and professional. Nicole helped us find fantastic vendors and brought together our scattered ideas into the perfect day. Additionally, Sweetface Events offers a great variety of packages and although we initially went with a more expensive package, during planning Nicole noticed a less expensive package was a better fit for our needs and adjusted our contract accordingly. We were so appreciative and impressed by Nicole's thoughtfulness and attention to detail. In the end, everything came together amazingly and our wedding day was absolutely perfect (if there were any problems, Nicole took care of them and made sure we remained stress free the whole night!). Nicole, thank you so much for helping Will and I make our wedding dreams a reality! For anyone who is looking for a fantastic wedding planner, we highly suggest using Sweetface Events!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Sarena at Sweetface Events was the BEST! I am so glad I had the opportunity to work with her on my wedding. She was extremely helpful, provided lots of great vendor recommendations, gave friendly reminders when I needed to start booking things, and was very responsive to any and all questions I had. I was able to give them all of my decor for the wedding the week before and Sarena and her team decorated my wedding venue exactly as I had pictured. I loved the way everything turned out. They really took a lot of stress out of wedding planning and the day of. From the planning process, to event set up, and day of coordination she made sure everything went flawlessly. I highly recommend Sweetface Events! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

Nicole was beyond wonderful to work with. From the very beginning she went above and beyond what was called of her and knowing she and her fantastic team would be at my wedding put my mind at ease. She was always responded quickly to my texts/emails/phone calls and was available at anytime for the simplest of questions. Nicole was a dream to work with, I felt like I made a friend in the process and am sad I don't require her services any longer!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/22/2015

Deidre was referred to me by an out of state friend who had worked with her before. I was hesitant to work with an out of state planner (we live and our wedding was in Connecticut) but I am so happy I chose Deidre. She was very responsive to all of my calls and emails and even took the time to come to town to meet with me and my family before I selected her. Her attentiveness and warm nature is the reason why we opted to go with the full service package.
    For almost a year, Deidre worked on all details assisting in all my decision making, this truly made the planning process a stress free experience. Additionally, she secured all vendors, negotiated great rates & maintained a great relationship with all of my vendors - staying on top of everything from start to finish. During my wedding weekend, Deidre and her team traveled to Connecticut and ensured that my vision came to life, not missing a beat the entire day. She really made us feel special throughout the entire process. We definitely made a great choice!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

By far Sweetface Events was my favorite vendor from my wedding experience!!!! I worked with Sarena and could not recommend her enough. I hired her company as "day of coordinator" and that package title does not fit all that she did. Her involvement from the moment we first spoke up until the moment I left my venue on my wedding day was above and beyond. Weddings are stressful and she is a calm, responsive, professional and highly knowledgeable wedding planning expert. I had a outdoor wedding on a budget that included A LOT of DIY items and she was patient & helpful with all my plans.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Bri · Married on 06/06/2015

Sarena was so helpful, kind, and patient. She was willing to extend her services in whatever way possible and truly went above and beyond. She thought of everything and we did not have to worry about a thing. I would recommend Sarena to anyone and everyone who does not want to stress at all. She is amazing!!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Nicole was absolutely amazing for my wedding in June. We hired Sweetface for month of coordination - to make sure all of the final details fell into place - and they did just that. It was so great to know that someone was on point all day and not have to worry about all of the little details. Nicole was extremely friendly and was super helpful - offering to help us with recommendations of vendors immediately after we signed the contract - even though it was over a month before our wedding.

Nicole and her team went out of their way to accommodate us by coming to our home for a meeting since we don't have a car in the city, and even helped drop off wedding gifts after the reception at our hotel (it was honestly something I was fretting about for weeks and the fact that she offered to help us with that lifted such a weight off of me!).

I also got to meet Nicole's partner, and sister, who stepped in during our rehearsal at the last minute - and she was great as well.

Overall I had a great experience with Sweetface - they made us so comfortable and reassured us along the way - and would absolutely recommend them to anyone out there!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Diane · Married on 05/16/2015

Sweetface came to me through a referral and I'm so glad I went with them. I worked mostly with Nicole, although Sarena was there to help with another assistant on the actual wedding day. Nicole was always very responsive and on top of checking into things and getting answers to many of our vendor related questions. They were extremely organized and did a great job of trying to keep everything to the timeline. We had everything set up the way we asked and we got everything packed and back to us the same night. They were swift! We had a wonderful day, and while we ended up getting some rain on our outdoor ceremony, Sweetface did everything they could to make sure the day go without a hitch. And while the rain did dampen the ceremony a bit, it was still the best day of my life and so magical!! I owe a lot to them as overtime I turned and saw Nicole, she looked like she was working very hard and running around non stop to make sure things were going as planned. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the day without them. Superb team! Thank you again :)

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kristine · Married on 04/25/2015

Nicole was a lifesaver! I was planning the wedding from out of town and Nicole was so helpful in recommending vendors and coordinating all the details with our venue and vendors. She was so sweet and reassuring throughout the whole process that I was right on schedule and everything would turn out great. She was so helpful in suggestions with timing, gifts, set-up, decor- basically everything wedding related.

We had a table number/seating mix-up at our wedding due to the caterer and she was able to take charge and get everyone seated and happy. She even noticed a guest who was downstairs during dinner, due to not feeling well and made sure to bring him a special meal to brighten his mood. Nicole even kept her cool when I decided to throw out our timeline and get the cake-cutting, garter toss, and bouquet toss out done at one time so I could dance. Sweetface is amazing and I would definitely recommend them to help you keep your sanity during planning and the day of!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Jordan · Married on 11/29/2014

Sarena and her team are nothing but an absolute joy and blessing to work with. My husband and I hired Sarena for day-of coordinating services, but from the very beginning she was always available and responsive to any inquiries, concerns, etc. Her support never waivered, she never failed to offer sound advice, nor missed a step or detail in any of the wedding craziness. Sarena is extremely professional and personable at the same time - I have no doubt she could work with any and everybody. She coordinated seamlessly with all of our vendors - the day of our wedding, I truly knew that everything was under control and I really didn't need to worry or be concerned about a thing! SUCH a blessing to be able to feel that way on your wedding day - our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect with many thanks to Sarena and her team's amazing work. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/10/2014