Sugarbush Resort Reviews

Sugarbush Resort View more information

Brooke Married on 08/26/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugarbush Resort allowed us to have our dream wedding. From the first interactions until the day of the event, our coordinator Calli didn't miss a beat. We were fortunate enough to have amazing weather so we were able to take the chair lift mid mountain for ceremony. Guests were blown away and are still talking about the views! Everything was exceptional and we were lucky to link up with great vendors in the valley for everything else we needed. Claybrook is stunning and the resort is truly impressive. If you are looking for something a little different, I highly suggest Sugarbush Resort as a wedding venue and wouldn't change a thing from our day.
  • User2472089 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugarbush was super easy to work with and put on a great wedding. All the staff was nice and accommodating (even when when we wanted to go up the lift for pictures in a snow storm!). The lodges and grounds are beautiful. Great for guests to enjoy both indoor and outdoor spaces.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Brianne Married on 07/18/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an incredible experience planning our wedding at Sugarbush. Our wedding coordinator, Calli, was absolutely amazing - so flexible, responsive, accommodating and just a wonderful person! We met with her several times and she was always so willing to help us with any special request that we had and dedicate as much time as we needed to talk everything through. She was on top of every detail. The venue itself was perfect for what we wanted - a weekend away for friends and family where we could all be in one spot to make it easy and fun for all of our guests. The beautiful location does not hurt either! Although we had to use our rain backup on the day of our wedding, everything still ran smoothly and Calli helped make our wedding day just as perfect as we imagined. The service was great, we got lots of compliments on the food, and the drinks flowed all night. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at Sugarbush!
  • User1892318 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hosted our rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, ceremony and reception, and farewell brunch at Sugarbush during Community Weekend. Having all events under the supervision of our coordinator, Calli, make things incredibly simple. To start, Sugarbush is gorgeous. Unlike other ski resorts we looked at, Sugarbush keeps their trails well maintained even in summer. The views are stunning and the Gate House Lodge is the perfect combination of rustic elegance. With the surrounding area being so cute and pretty and all the activities of Community Weekend available to us, our guests commented that it was like a mini vacation for them.

Lodging options are excellent, at varied price points, and within walking distance. Claybrook, the main lodging, is right next to Gate House making it super convenient. Rooms are enormous and decently priced. Downside was our guests had to call during normal office hours to book, though we saw that another wedding had an online booking code, which would have made things easier.

All the staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. Bruce, the wine manager, and Shawn, the bar manager, ensured we got exactly the wine and beer we wanted. The facilities guys were great and patient in setting up on top of the mountain. The coordinator, Calli, I cannot rave enough about. Due to staff turnover, I didn't start by working with her, but when she was assigned our wedding, we went all the notes she had been given, she asked a few questions, and that was it - she had it under control. I would randomly email her an entire list of unrelated questions, and she would get back to me quickly, without batting an eye. I credit the weekend running as smoothly as it did completely to her. At the end of the night, after returning to our room, she had even left for us all the gifts, some food, and slices of cake. It was those extra touches that made her help truly special.
    Kristen Married on 11/02/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wedding here was amazing! Not only is the space beautiful the staff is wonderful, the rooms are stunning, and Callie, the wedding planner is so amazing. She was so helpful and took care of everything, cannot recommend her enough.
    Abbey Married on 09/14/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Loved everything! Everyone was friendly, attentive, and very accommodating.
    Cecilia Married on 07/27/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Having our wedding at Sugarbush was everything we ever wanted. It was perfect in every way; it had the best feel, best space, best dance floor, best outdoor wedding options, and best rain plan. The staff was even better. Calli, the wedding coordinator, was so nice, helpful, and professional. She helped us hammer out countless details leading up to the big day, and then had everything completely under control the day of, which meant we could totally relax and just enjoy. We were also blown away by the rest of the staff, who were all so fabulous and friendly. Couldn't be happier!
  • User1260969 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the food to the venue to the staff, what a wonderful experience! Calli Willette, the wedding coordinator is invaluable- we couldn't have had such a smooth wonderful day without her!
  • Merlin
    Merlin Married on 06/22/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not say more good things about our experience at Sugarbush. From the moment that we booked, we have had no complaints. Our wedding coordinator, Calli, was tremendous, and we received so many compliments from our guests! The day of our wedding, it rained suddenly, and Calli and the team at Sugarbush shifted our venue to the rain site quickly and efficiently. Our guests were not inconvenienced at all and we didn't even notice the difference. The service was impeccable, accomodations beautiful, and food fantastic. We were absolutely thrilled! Lauren & Jeff
    Daniela Married on 10/07/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My original dream of having my October wedding in an old Vermont was quickly squashed when I realized that most places required heater rentals that time of year (due to the original structure not being insulated -- it's a barn!) as well as port-a-potty rentals (for the same reason). When we discovered Sugarbush Resort, we were so excited. Not only does the resort have all of the (beautiful Clay Brook Lodge) accomodations that my guests could need, but the two on-site spots for the reception (Timbers and Gate House, one of which we used for our ceremony and the other for our reception) had that wonderful post-and-beam ski house feel coupled with all modern conveniences that my guests could need. They have an amazing culinary crew and are also part of the Vermont Fresh Network, which pairs restaurants, caterers, food stores, etc. with the fresh, season food from the local farms in the area. Our on-site wedding coordinator was wonderful, sweet, funny (which is a very important quality when you're stressed out planning a wedding!) and, most of all, patient and thorough. We couldn't have been happier having our wedding at Sugarbush and all of our guests are still talking about our Weekend in Vermont wedding!!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 08/28/2011
    Amazing!
    We would absolutely recommend any couple to choose Sugarbush as their wedding venue. Tiffany and her staff were on point and really allowed us to enjoy the day and not worry about the small things. We were married the day hurricane Irene hit VT and their staff went above and beyond for us! She was very responsive and really worked hard to help make our day so awesome!!
    The food is all cooked in house and was unbelievably delicious. Our guest are still raving about it!
    Sarah Married on 07/23/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugarbush was an excellent choice for our wedding!
    Lisa Married on 08/20/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Getting married at Sugarbush was great from start to finish. They take care of the food, the bar, the rooms (no calling hotels and trying to arrange blocks), the linens, the tables, the chairs. It made the planning process a lot less stressful (and it's already stressful enough). We also didn't have to arrange transportation for our guests or worry about anyone driving. Our families raved about the food and the rooms (Claybrook is insanely gorgeous). Many of our guests came in from out of town and were able to enjoy Warren Falls, the Waitsfield Farmer's Market and all the surrounding beauty of the MRV. Calli was our wedding coordinator and she handled everything flawlessly—we didn't have to worry about any logistics the day we got married. The cocktail hour spot is beautiful, the lodge is HUGE (plenty of space for dancing), the staff was amazing and we love going back now to ski right where we got married! We also have the most beautiful pictures from taking the chairlift up. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Castlerock Pub and a welcome party which was awesome for everyone driving up.
  • User2523876 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugarbush has done a great job helping us plan our wedding. We love the Claybrook Hotel, Timbers, and the food and ceremony options!
  • User2318185 2+ years ago
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    We had Calli as our wedding day-of coordinator. She was FANTASTIC. She was super-responsive and thoughtful, attending to all the little details, and because she does exclusively weddings at Sugarbush she is very knowledgeable about how weddings should run there. I cannot say enough good things about her. We had a friend who was a wedding coordinator attend our wedding and she kept asking who our coordinator was because she wanted to pay her compliments :-)
  • User2138218 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had an amazing wedding at Sugarbush Resort. The staff was amazingly courteous and helpful to all of my guests. They are extremely customer focused and treat every guest like a star. Organizing the wedding was great- Cali and Andrea were flexible and down to earth. They were able to talk to both me and my parents and definitely made some special requests come true. Cali was a calm presence and everything went off without a hitch. They did all the "behind the scenes" work flawlessly. When my husband and I got back to our room, all of our gifts were there (no one had asked for this) PLUS two dinners in case we hadn't eaten and a giant tub of Ben and Jerry's! This was so sweet, unexpected and appreciated! The grounds at Sugarbush are gorgeous and we got amazing pictures and all of our guests were taken aback with the beauty. The rooms were set up perfectly- Cali did this without me and I couldn't have done it better or even thought of the ideas better myself. It was unbelievably beautiful. What a great place with top-class staff.
  • Marguerite
    Marguerite S. Married on 09/19/2020
      4.0 out of 5 rating

We got through a pandemic together

Well it was bumpy start but mostly due to the pandemic, as soon as Abby (sugarbush's wedding coordinator) became the main contact everything was absolutely wonderful. Abby is excellent, attentive, and so pleasant to work with. They handled everything professionally, their staff at Claybrook were so warm and welcoming to myself and my guests. Everyone serving at the cocktail hour and reception were amazing and so friendly. Sugarbush was a great retreat for the guests, the hotel is expensive but in the bigger picture you're staying at a resort and the rooms were worth the price in my opinion. There was a pool, the gym, rumbles bistro (bar and food), chair lift rides for foliage peeping (it was 09/2021) available to all our guests. Thanks Sugarbush.
    Jeremy Married on 08/03/2014
    3.8 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sugarbush Resort is a beautiful place to have a wedding. We originally thought we wanted to have the ceremony at the top of the Gate House Chair and the mountain was more than accommodating to this idea. They are not set up for wedding on that side of the resort but they were happy to make it happen. After we saw both locations, we agreed that the regular wedding location on the super bravo lift was clearly the best. The guests loved the ride, we were thrilled with the views and the mountain top setting. They put on a great event at the top of that hill. The food was great, they were willing to work with our no conventional meal plan and make menu items they don’t offer. The room they gave us was beautiful and the perfect wedding suite to plan and host and enjoy a mountain top retreat. That being said, during the 9 months we planned our wedding we handed off to a total of 4 people. We reviewed our plans and needs 4 different times and corrected issues with the hand off of info 4 different times. At no point were we offered anything but a passing apology for the inconvenience. My bride felt that she was uninformed and ignored a bit on the day. Our coordinator was un-communicative in the hour(s) leading up to the wedding, causing her to worry about if she was in the right place or where our coordinator was. We booked the castle rock pub for an after reception party. The food we ordered was not “refreshed” as it was contracted to be because the bartender wanted us OUT. He left food unattended and began being rude to our guests at around 9:50 pm (10 minutes before his shift was suppose to be over). We offered him more money to stay open and he was rude in turning it down. (I understand wanting to go home to your family after work, but do get rude to people at the wedding). When the Maid of Honor asked him to play a song off her phone, he said “I’m not doing anything to make you people stay and Fucking longer”. His name is Shawn, and I’d recommend if you have your weddin
    Jocelyn Married on 10/13/2013
      0.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were married on October 13th, 2013. We choose Sugarbush for the beautiful outside ceremony space and the promise of a private ceremony and reception.

Seven days before our wedding, I was told by the wedding planner that Sugarbush's first annual October Fest was scheduled on the day of my wedding. I was told my ceremony and cocktail hour site's would have to move.

Five days before the wedding, this was sorted out-somewhat. Security guards were hired for my wedding, there were several emails back and forth advocating to the Sugarbush staff why we did not want October Fest guests directly near our ceremony (which we had been promised would be private).

Four days before my wedding, we were told Sugarbush had purchased new tables earlier in the year and the seating arrangements were had made would not make. Unfortunately, we had handmade the table numbers with corresponding place settings. This was sorted out after my husband explained the math and make a diagram for the Sugarbush staff.

Just before I walked down the aisle, there were approximately twenty people (not wedding guests) who were standing directly next to my ceremony. When asked to have those people cleared out (as we had previously discussed and had in writing) the wedding planner rolled her eyes, and told me, the bride that once I walked down the aisle they would leave. When I began to cry and my mom went to ask the people to clear out, the wedding planner then went outside to ask them leave. While my husband was waiting for me to walk down the aisle, a October Fest guest who was drunk, spilled beer on a groomsman and then attempted to give my husband wedding advice.

After the wedding, we never contacted to ask about experience. I have never been so disappointed. I understand that things will never go perfectly, however an apology and basic customer service was all were asking for.

I would NEVER recommend getting married at Sugarbush.
illustration stars