Sugar & Spice Cafe and Spice Catering Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 24 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Kate T. Getting married on 10/08/2021

Wonderful experience, nothing but compliments

When our wedding venue cancelled our wedding a month before the date we opted for a backyard option and needed to find a caterer quickly for 60-70 people. I reached out Billy and the team at Sugar and Spice were very responsive and we had things finalized in less than a week. They continued to answer my many questions, concerns and last minute changes up until the wedding. The food was delicious. I have had many of my guests reach out and tell me how good it was, they said they usually don't expect good food at a wedding! Not only was the food great but they helped with all of the set up and coordinated with the rental companies. They made everything as easy as possible for me and when I walked in, everything was beautiful! I would highly recommend both the cafe and the catering services! I only hope I will get to use them again someday for another event!
    Alyona Married on 09/18/2021

Life savers

They where on top it all from setting everything up to taking everything down. I could not have such an amazing wedding if it’s not for this guys. Thank you so much!!!!
    Karen C. Married on 09/12/2021

You have to hire Sugar & Spice!

Sugar & Spice made my wedding an absolute dream come true! I reached out to them initially because their menu looked fantastic but I was sold the minute I spoke to Billy. He was very responsive and answered every question I had. They organized the whole event and kept everything on time so that I had nothing to do except enjoy the party. I received many, many compliments throughout the evening and people said the food and service was out of this world! Everyone had a wonderful time and you can't ask for more than that!
    Alesia B. Married on 08/21/2021

Excellent!

We used Spice Catering for my daughter's wedding on 8/21/21 and we couldn't have been happier. They were so flexible and accommodating. Our guests raved about the food and the service that the staff provided. They went above and beyond to make our event perfect from the tasting to coordinating our rentals and constant communication throughout the entire process. I highly recommend them!
  • Angel
    Angel T. Married on 07/14/2021

Wouldn't change a thing

Billy, Helene, and their team made our wedding week absolutely perfect. I know it's not recommended, but we hired S&S without doing a menu tasting as we lived across state, Covid, etc. From the first time we spoke to Billy we knew we were going to be in good hands, so we trusted him/our guts and signed a contract.

I am thrilled to say that everything was beyond amazing. We ended up booking Sugar & Spice for 3 separate meals throughout our wedding week. We heard nothing but fantastic feedback from our guests. The food was a hit (I'm looking at you Mexican street corn, short ribs, and wheat berry-kale salad), and the servers that were on-site were the loveliest of the loveliest. Billy created 3 very special and unique menus, and even went so far to accommodate certain requests such as Espresso Martinis with our wedding cake serving.

If you're thinking about hiring Sugar and Spice --- do it!
    Anna Married on 06/28/2021

Fantastic team and food

Billy and his team were amazing. We hosted a garden party style wedding and not only was the food fantastic, they coordinated with us and the event rental company down to the tiniest detail. Everyone on the team was friendly, helpful, and professional throughout. Rave reviews from all our guests.
  • Cathy
    Cathy F. Married on 06/26/2021

Everything we had hoped for!!

Billy Turner at Sugar and Spice catering did an amazing job on my daughter's wedding!! We opted for an outside celebration and he helped us to coordinate everything involved. Our event went smoothly, the food was excellent, and our maitre'd, Brandon Optiz was exceptional. We could not have been happier with our special day!!
    Amie G. Married on 06/26/2021

Wonderful experience

I can not say enough about Billy, Andrea, Isabel and staff. They are very professional and helped out on a personal level. They were accommodating to not only the adults, but the kids and my dog. Everything went so smooth, from when I first inquired about catering till they had all the chairs and tables stacked for the tent company. (Which they also had coordinated). They even made sure my husband sat down to eat. The food was excellent. Our guests kept talking about how good the food was, how each appetizer that came out was better the the last.
  • Nadia
    Nadia L. Married on 05/29/2021

Highly organized and professional

Billy and his team went above and beyond to make my wedding extra special. The staff was professional, attentive, and made the day a breeze. They made sure the food and drinks went smoothly and were beautifully presented. Highly recommended!
  • Kate
    Kate K. Married on 05/23/2021

Best in the business!

We hired Sugar and Spice Cafe for our catering during the pandemic for our May 2021 wedding. Through every twist and turn life threw our way, they were the perfect choice. They treated our micro wedding like it was their top priority always. Billy’s food is some of the best we’ve ever tasted. Our guests raved about the food and the staff!!! Brandon ran our wedding like a wedding planner! They even set up all of our decorations and tables for us! So much less stress because we hired them. Thank you for making our dreams come true.
    Trish Married on 10/24/2020

Simply perfect

I can’t say enough good things about Sugar and Spice Cafe and Catering. The site manager, Billy Turner, was beyond helpful; He had my back through the entire planning process (even when he had to deal with my 6 sisters!). His flexibility truly eased my stress - he was willing to take on as much as I wanted him to. The servers worked hard, wore masks, and were so sweet! They went the extra mile when things went wrong (outside venue- rain- huge gusts of wind... but the sun came out and it turned out beautiful!)... Their service and how they handled every is much appreciated.

With all that aside, let’s talk about the food. My guests wouldn’t stop raving about it! IT WAS D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Thank you Billy for helping me choose the menu - I wouldn’t have changed a single thing.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn R. Married on 10/10/2020

Spice Catering is a 10 out of 10!

Spice Catering was amazing. Billy made wedding planning so much easier especially during Covid times. the final product exceeded our expectations and our guests left raving about the food and service!
    Ephraim F. Married on 10/10/2020

Highly Recommend

We highly recommend Billy and his team whom we hired after our other caterer quit less than 3 weeks before our wedding. Billy was able to replicate every part of our original menu and serve a delicious meal. His team is easy to work with, professional and friendly. Our experience could not have been any better!

On the other hard, we would strongly warn people not to hire the Loshinsky catering company in Hudson. They quit on us less than three weeks before our wedding and were by far the least professional and most unreliable service provider we encountered during our wedding. The food at your wedding is very important so make sure you hire a caterer who is reliable.
    Jamie Z. Married on 09/09/2020

The Absolute Best!

My husband and I moved our wedding up a month earlier (with only two weeks notice). Once we made the decision to move the wedding, we quickly found Sugar & Spice to cater. Billy walked us through everything we needed and was extremely flexible and accommodating, even with the short notice! There were a ton of menu selections to choose from and Billy always kept us updated and on track. On our wedding day, the Sugar & Spice team were incredible. Everyone was so sweet and on top of what they were doing, plus the food was phenomenal. We've had so many people rant and rave about how good the food was :) We couldn't be happier with our choice to go with Sugar & Spice for catering our wedding. They paid attention to every detail to create a beautiful and perfect experience!
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 08/22/2020

Billy and Isabel you rock!

Billy and Isabel are the best! The wedding was a dream and the food was GREAT. Every one of my guests said the same, it was the best reception food they’ve had! Your staff and team made it such a stress free, easy day and we were more than pleased. They not only made great food, but the presentation was amazing and lended a helping hand with decorating. Whenever I needed advice on what to do to make the wedding a little more fun or bearable on such a hot day (having never planned a wedding) they answered every question with no problem. Any issue that came they solved it making sure that I had no stress the day of. Thanks to you guys it was more than we could have asked for!

Clay G. Married on 08/22/2020

Incredible

Billy and his team were incredible. They worked with us through the entire wedding process for over two years, and adapted to the challenges of a delayed wedding and multiple menus. They are responsive, courteous, and the food was delicious. Billy had a tall order trying to please our Texan guests with his barbeque, and his team certainly rose to the occasion. If you want your wedding catered right, Sugar & Spice is the place to go.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing food and service

Billy and Helene made sure the food and drinks went smoothly on our wedding day. Billy did an amazing job with the food. Everything tasted great and was presented beautifully. He also helped take care of all the linens and barware rentals. The waiters were attentive. Highly recommend! Also their cafe has fabulous food!
  • Kristin
    Kristin T. Married on 06/19/2020

Wonderful!

We just had our wedding catered by Billy and his team on 9/27/20 and it was such a great experience. Sugar and Spice was recommended by our venue Kindred Creeks and I don't think we could have made a better choice. All of our guests were absolutely raving about the food which was PHENOMENAL. I think it goes unappreciated sometimes just how impressive it is to successfully cook for a large crowd and have the food still have the same quality it did at our tasting. What was even more important was that my husband and I felt so well cared for the entire evening by the staff. There wasn't a time where we both were not attended to. Do yourself a favor and book them!
  • Lucy
    Lucy B. Married on 06/10/2020

I was completely wowed...

Wedding 9/19/20- Unfortunately it was the coldest day of the month
    Nevertheless, I found the staff, the entire presentation of food, and the service even under the adversely cold weather conditions truly amazing, even beyond my expectations!

Selene R. Married on 05/31/2020

Accommodating, helpful staff and personalized delicious food

Billy and his team at Spice Catering worked with my husband and I to bring our somewhat specific dream menu come to life (his family is half Chinese, half Filipino and I am vegan). They even came to our rehearsal to make sure everything would run smoothly, and the staff had cocktails and snacks waiting for my husband and I after the ceremony. Everyone raved about the food. I honestly can't think of anything that could have been better.
    Sybil S. Married on 04/18/2020

Superb Food and Service: Doesn't Get Any Better

Sugar and Spice Catering provided our wedding with superb food for a wide variety of palettes from gourmet American to Asian to vegan. Everything was incredibly delicious and creative and beautifully presented! The head caterer helped ensure that every aspect of our event was planned and accounted for. The maitre d' the day of was amazing. The staff were efficient and gracious. Guess felt that they were really paying attention and meeting their needs. Thanks to Sugar and Spice, the wedding was joyous and hugely successful. I don't know how they could have done anything better. They even helped us gather leftovers to bring to the after party! I recommend them as highly as it's possible!!!
    Matty I. Married on 11/30/2019

bestdayever

Had my wedding catered, Billy Turner is genius, menu was amazing, food and service were outstanding, definitely exceeded every expectation. Words cannot express our gratitude to Billy for making our special day so perfect! Breakfast and lunch at the cafe are incredible as well! Highly recommend

Matthew G. Married on 07/24/2021

Sugar and Spice Cafe: Brandon is the best!

It was so great having Brandon and the folks at Sugar and Spice a part of our big day. They made sure everything was special and catered to our every need.

1. Brandon was probably the best part about our experience with Sugar and Spice. He was flexible, a great collaborator with our wedding coordiantor and made sure we were cared for at every moment of our event. (He made sure we had first dibs on all of the food)

2. They were super familiar with our venue (Brotherhood Winery), which was essential for set-up and preparation.

3. We did stations and the Raw bar was by far the biggest hit with our guests.

Would definitely recommend Sugar and Spice catering (especially @ Brotherhood Winery)

Best,
    Matt & Jenn
    Hector D. Married on 03/20/2021

Sugar & Spice and everything nice!

To say that Sugar & Spice Catering were excellent would be an understatement. S&S's level of professionalism, friendliness, helpfulness were off the charts. In addition to that, their food is DELICIOUS, and they very willingly go above and beyond for their clients. We were so appreciative that we had them on our side and in our corner through everything. Arranging a micro wedding during the COVID pandemic was definitely different and stressful, but they helped us through it all with their expert guidance. We truly can't say enough positive things about them and urge you to use their services for your catering needs. They are AWESOME! We LOVED them! 👍🏼