Sugar Rush Events Reviews

Sugar Rush Events 3
Sugar Rush Events 4
Sugar Rush Events 5

Dana · Married on 05/27/2018

Hiring Kristen Jensen and her team at Sugar Rush Events was the single best decision I made in planning my recent wedding. My only regret is that I cannot plan more weddings with Kristen! She made the planning process seamless and the day of as care free as could be. I was the last of my bridesmaids to get married and every single one of them has commented at how amazing Kirsten was and how the planners/coordinators they used at their own weddings paled in comparison to Kristen. She is truly the best! If you are even considering whether or not to hire Kristen, let me make your decision easy- do it! And use her for as many services as your budget will allow.

If my fiance could describe me, he would say I am "type A+" and be the first to tell you that my single worst fault is not trusting others enough to help me. However, being that we are east coasters, I quickly realized that planning a destination wedding in California was going to be nearly impossible without the help of a planner, given my demanding job and being unfamiliar with the vendors out west. From the first phone call I had with Kristen, I knew I could rely on her and felt immediately at ease. My usual hesitation to "let go" melted away the closer and closer we got to the wedding. Kristen was delightfully bubbly, professional and on top of her game from the very start. She listened to my ideas and designed and delivered the wedding of my dreams. What I appreciated the most about Kristen, however, was that in listening to my ideas she remained pragmatic above all else. I have a tendency to think "more is more" and Kristen was honest when things I wanted were unnecessary or a waste of money. Kristen was always willing to help and sprung into action when the custom neon sign we ordered showed up broken (we got it fixed!). Kristen even helped me brain storm ideas for a welcome event even though we hadn't hired her to help with it. She is the absolute best and I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Sugar Rush Events 6
    Sugar Rush Events 7
    Sugar Rush Events 8
    Sugar Rush Events 9
    Sugar Rush Events 10

Mandy · Married on 06/16/2017

While we haven't had our wedding yet, I want to review Kristen now for all those brides looking to book a wedding planner in 2018. I wish I could give 10 stars to Kristen--she is truly an amazing person and so much more than just a wedding planner. Our wedding was scheduled for Oct. 14 in Sonoma, and my fiance and I woke up the Monday before our wedding to the news about the devastating fires in the North Bay. Kristen worked tirelessly on our behalf to reach out to our vendors and find alternative venue options--basically doing everything in her power to make our wedding happen. She checked in with us constantly, sending sweet texts and staying SO positive. I can't even count the number of times we talked, and I know there is no way we would have gotten through the week without her.

Once we made the decision to postpone our wedding, Kristen sprung into action, contacting all our vendors with a new potential date and taking over all communication. Within three days, we had a new wedding date with most all of our vendors on board. She was so reassuring that we could still have the day of dreams, and she even sent us the most beautiful bouquet of flowers the day following our cancellation. She found us a new make-up artist and hairstylist (at a discount) and also helped us reschedule (at a discount) with our welcome party venue. It was unbelievable the amount of work she put into this and what she was able to pull off.

We did not hire Kristen as a full-time coordinator, and rather hired her for Day-of as well as a la carte design services. She did not have to spend so much time doing this on our behalf, and we are so grateful that she did. This is of course all in addition to the wonderful planning services she provided up until this point, as well as the design details she dreamed up for our wedding--while those have yet to be executed, we have no doubt that with Kristen by our side our new wedding day will be everything we had imagined and more!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Teresa · Married on 05/07/2016

**OUTSTANDING PLANNING AND EXECUTION**

My husband and I feel so lucky to have been able to work with such wonderful, creative, and experienced professional to make our wedding extra smooth and beautiful. Kristen Jensen of Sugar Rush Events was able to see our style and vision and created a wedding design that was exactly what we wanted and more. She nailed the look, the atmosphere, literally everything. I felt a bit all over the place when we started planning our wedding, since I have eclectic taste in terms of style, and Kristen was able to ask all the right questions to bring everything together in a cohesive fashion that was gorgeous and comfortable for me and my husband, and all of our guests. (Including the kids! The kids tables she designed were a huge hit for our many very young guests.)

We hired a day-of wedding planner through Sugar Rush Events also. Audrey was friendly and knowledgeable through every step of the process, which was very reassuring from our end. She and Kristen handled so much communication with our vendors regarding contracts and wedding day logistics--a huge relief!

The week before our wedding showed rain in the forecast. I was tremendously disappointed, but Kristen was able to come up with three different inclement weather back-up plans that were not going to cost us any extra money. (I really did not want to a) get married in a tent or b) pay to rent a tent.)

Sugar Rush treated us so well, we would almost get married again for another chance to work together! My husband and I highly recommend Sugar Rush Events--you won't find better service anywhere else.

Sent on 06/01/2016

stephanie · Married on 10/11/2015

I can't gush enough about Sugar Rush. Audrey and Jovie, our planners, were always available to us, always excited about our day, and always professional. They felt like old friends we were talking wedding with rather than vendors we hired. The day of our wedding was flawless. Every vendor did their part, everything was done on time, the flow of the day went perfectly. If there were any hiccups, we never knew. All we had to do was show up, get married, and celebrate. They took care of everything else. And did it with a smile on their faces. They never stuck out as being crazy planners running around orchestrating our day, yelling at vendors. They blended in, and It truly felt organic, and like everything that happened, just happened by chance. Highly Highly recommend Sugar Rush and their planners. They're professional, and great at weddings!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Kristen Jensen is phenomenal. We gave her a loose idea of the theme we wanted for our wedding and she turned it into something extraordinary. Kristen really understood our personalities and sentiments and worked with us to create a unified vision. From narrowing down our vast collection of images to tips on where to focus our energy, she was always there. One of the things we really appreciated about Kristen was how organized she is. She kept us on schedule and was flexible when our lives became busy. She was extremely attentive to our families and worked with them and Park Avenue to incorporate some of our families' culinary traditions. We also really appreciated how on the nose she was with our budget. She was always upfront about the costs of items but also did a great job of working in the elements that meant the most to us. On the day of our wedding, she and her team did a wonderful job of coordinating with our photographers and family members and was very
    supportive when the nerves kicked in. Before and after the ceremony she and her team made sure the bridal party was taken care of and properly fed. It was a really nice touch that we were able to have samplings from the cocktail hour while we were being photographed. During and after the wedding we received numerous compliments from our guests who couldn't believe how beautiful and unique our wedding was. Many said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Kristen is an excellent coordinator and a wonderful spirit. It was a joy working with her and her team and she made our wedding day something we will never forget!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Julia · Married on 06/20/2015

My mantra for picking vendors was to find people who were upbeat, easy to deal with, flexible, and creative -- Kristen met all of these descriptors to a T!

I hired Kristen for both wedding design and month-of coordination services.

Design Services: The primary reason we hired Kristen was for her design aesthetic. I had a slightly unique wedding theme in mind (1920s/30s Art Deco) and Kristen rose to the occasion. She offered up a variety of options and helped guide me away from lots of "safe" choices. Throughout, she was respectful of our budget and worked hard to match my high end taste with a modest budget. She helped with everything from colors and linens to center pieces to ceremony set up. The result was phenomenal! Classic, sophisticated, and unique, incorporating 1920s elements without looking like a theme party.

Month-of coordination services: Kristen and her team were absolutely invaluable!
    From creating the timeline for the wedding weekend (no small task!) and managing all of the various vendors, Kristen saved me so much stress! In particular, I was working with a venue who's event manager was very non-responsive and disorganized. Kristen managed the event manager beautifully, keeping me stress-free and ensuring that all of our many decisions and details would come together as planned.

On the day of our wedding, Kristen and her assistant Olivia were flawless! From managing all the events (starting the ceremony, wedding party entrances, toasts, etc) to corralling family members for pictures to digging up a pair of flip flops for me to wear, they were organized, accommodating, and never without a smile on their face!

All in all, working with Kristen and the Sugar Rush team was a wonderful experience. I would fully recommend them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Kristen was my month of planner for my June 6 wedding at Solage. She and her assistant Olivia were just fabulous. Kristen is easy to work with and makes what can be a stressful time, super fun. Although I hired her as my month of planner, she worked with me from the moment I hired her (approximately 12 months out). If I had questions or ideas I wanted to discuss, she was there, to offer advice, suggestions, etc. And as a bride planning a Napa wedding from Chicago, she was wonderful about setting up meetings when I was in town (rarely) or via Facetime/Skype/telephone (basically whatever works for you). I must say that where she shined the brightest for me was on the actual wedding day. She was the point person for the vendors and as far as I know, nothing went wrong on my wedding day... and that's how it should be. If something did, she took care of it and I will never know. Nearly all of my vendors mentioned to me how wonderful and easy to work with she was. My family noted how well she coordinated everything down to the last detail. What an amazing woman! I could not have executed the wedding of my dreams without her. Kristen and her staff are just a pleasure to work with and can make your dream wedding into reality. I am certain that Kristen and her staff are also incredible full service wedding planners, though we did not use this aspect of her services. However much assistance you want in planning the big day, go with Sugar Rush! Kristen and her team are simply the best.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Kristen is an amazing person and made the process easy. The day of was seamless and beautiful.

Sent on 02/07/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/14/2014

Kristen Jensen from Sugar Rush Events is by far the BEST. EVER. I feel so fortunate to have been able to work with someone who designed a beautiful and original wedding. Kristen listened to our ideas, and came up with a wedding that blew everyone away. She wasn't afraid to push me to think outside the box, but still remain in my comfort zone. I greatly appreciated her ability to take my ideas, but make them feel like I wasn't just copying a wedding I had seen, but was creating a design that would be unique to us. Walking out and seeing the tables, the decor, the flowers, and the way that everything came together just as she promised was one of my favorite moments of the day.

Kristen always is available to listen, and make you feel at ease. I was never stressed when planning the wedding because I had Kristen. She is the best support team you could ask for.

Suggestion: Add on the Design (if not more). Most sites will require a Day-of-Coordinator, but I suggest you add on the design component...take full advantage of all the skills and ideas that Kristen has to offer.

The only mistake you could make when planning your wedding is not hiring Kristen.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2012

I cannot say enough amazing things about Kristen Jensen! Her vision and creativity are inspiring and her positive outlook and enthusiasm are contagious. She is a creative genius who listens to your ideas and brings them to life in ways that are better than you can imagine. The first time I spoke to her, I knew she was the perfect planner and I couldn't wait to work with her. I left every meeting, phone call or even email exchange feeling excited and energized about my wedding and smiling from ear to ear. I don’t know how she does it, but she makes even the most mundane details fun and exciting. She took my limited vision and created the perfect day. I can honestly say that NOTHING fazes this woman and she can solve any problem or challenge that comes her way. She is incredibly patient (sitting with me for hours picking linens with nothing but enthusiasm), amazingly creative (she transformed my venue into a modern fairy tale – better than I could have ever imagined), professional (she was on top of every detail, answered every question and I never worried about anything) but above all she is SO MUCH FUN! The day of she kept me calm, completely stress free and made me feel like the most important person in the world. She covered every detail and was there for my entire family – ensuring everyone was happy and having fun. She went above and beyond on every detail and I loved every second that I got to spend with her during the planning process. She made this incredible time in my life even better and anyone who gets to work with her is lucky to do so. I am trying to find another event to host, just so I can work with her again!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Nancy · Married on 09/02/2012

Kristen was amazing! My wedding venue was in Pleasanton but I was planning my wedding from Chicago. I don't know how I could have done it without Kristen. Even though I hired her to be my 'month-of' planner, she was so incredibly helpful throughout the whole planning process. Her experience and industry knowledge made planning so easy! My guests and I had a blast at our wedding and it wouldn't have been possible without Kristen's help. She even had to deal with our crazy bridal party and she did it with a smile on her face. We're coming up on our first wedding anniversary and we still can't stop reminiscing about how much fun we all had! If you're looking for a planner, you're making the right choice by choosing Sugar Rush Events!

Sent on 08/23/2013
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2012

Kristen Jensen is the best wedding coordinator. Ever. I cannot believe how seamless and enjoyable the planning of our wedding was. Kristen’s experience in the industry was evident from the first time we met with her. She listened to our ideas and the vision we had for the wedding, and truly made it come to life. We got married at a venue that did not have a lot of traditional wedding amenities, so it really took a lot coordination to get all of the vendors on the same page. She did this, while making our wedding look and feel exactly the way we wanted! Because she has so many contacts in the industry, she knew just who to recommend and where to get the best prices for rentals, etc. This knowledge was so valuable! Kristen has a great personality and works well with all types of people: the staff at the venue, the multiple vendors, friends and family members, and most importantly, the bride and groom. She is honest and straightforward, and will give you appropriate advice based on your budget. I was most impressed with the way she handled everything the day of our wedding. She handled everything that day. Looking back, I cannot imagine how stressed I would have been if she was not there. I was at the venue the entire day of the wedding, in the bridal suite getting ready with my bridesmaids. Kristen came early, and was onsite almost the entire day, too. I know there were a hundred different things going on, and I felt so relaxed having her there to deal with it all. It was so nice! When my groom and I saw how she had transformed our venue into the wedding of our dreams, we were both at a loss for words. It was incredible! She took all of our ideas, and made them better than we could have ever imagined. We got so many compliments on our wedding. I will never forget it! Thank you, Kristen!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Katey · Married on 03/06/2010

Despite being on a very limited budget, Kristen Jensen helped to make our wedding absolutely amazing! We used her services primarily to give us advice on vendors & such and to do the set-up for our reception at Servino Ristorante. The site looked gorgeous and the site staff mentioned how easy Kristen was to work with. It was so nice to be able to enjoy our day and know the behind-the-scenes work was being expertly taken care of!

P.S. She did this while 9 months pregnant too!

Sent on 08/16/2010

Tracy · Married on 05/31/2008

Kristen is amazing. You simply must hire her. No really.

She has this fun, lively personality but the business sense you want with a coordinator. I hired Kristen for my DOC but she was so much more!

My wedding was perfect and went off without hitch because of Kristen! The on site coordinator was atrocious and Kristen handled her and every detail (being 8 months pregnant to boot) with the utmost style and grace. I would pay her 5 times the amount now knowing what she's worth.

Kristen and I spoke via email and phone weekly at minimum for nearly the year before my wedding, she handled my rentals, gave me recommendations for vendors and dealt with me through all my bridal ups and downs.

She is fantastic and well worth it.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Sarah Kay · Married on 07/07/2007

I could not have done it without Sugar Rush Events! Kristen Jensen was so responsible, creative, sweet, outgoing...and became a really great friend to me. She helped me keep my mom together (sorry mom!) as well as the entire wedding. Everything was amazing and exactly as I planned it to. She exceeded my expectations. She worked with my budget and gave me more than I event anticipated. Honestly, everyone should use Sugar Rush. She set my mind at ease and I knew everything would be taken care of. I actually was calm and relaxed on my wedding day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2007

Gaby · Married on 08/13/2016

Kristen is an amazing wedding planner and her energy and vision made planning a joy. She advised me on every decision and put me in touch with her fantastic team of preferred vendors. I highly recommend taking advantage of Kristen's design services as well as her coordination skills - she designed the most beautiful tablescapes and lounge setups. She kept everything moving smoothly on our wedding day, and if anything went wrong, I had no idea :). Kristen is AWESOME and I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Lucy · Married on 06/07/2008

Amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better coordinator.

Sent on 09/21/2008

If you're asking yourself, do I need a coordinator? The answer is yes. I'm one of the most organized project managers in the world and I still needed her. She made the wedding day flow with ease and every day up to that. You don't want to deal with the crap that comes up on the day of the wedding. You want someone who knows the industry so you can bounce questions off of. And if you want someone who can design a masterpiece of a wedding accustomed to your personal flair and budget, it's her. Two regrets people have are 1) I didn't take enough time off before the wedding and 2) I didn't have a coordinator. So now that's discussed, let's talk about Kristen.

Oh my good Lord, can you say bride whisperer??? That would be the start to describe how wonderful Kristen Jensen is. First of all, she makes you feel like you are literally her only client. How in the world she does this, I have no idea. I literally felt like she was my responsive best friend and I was her most clingy, needy friend who she still loved and took care of. After the wedding was over, I felt like I lost a friend. Seriously. I'm not someone who just falls in love with everyone they meet. But Kristen, amazing.

I interviewed at least a dozen coordinators. I wanted a coordinator who knows the venue (Cornerstone Sonoma) and who knows design (featured all over her portfolio). She was the best option. She isn't the cheapest option, but she is the best.

Everyone thinks she is amazing. Anyone you talk to they'll say right away "Yeah, Kristen is the best." Even people who never worked with her before on my team said nothing but praises. You don't ask for the praises. It's the first thing out of their mouth. Kristen is associated with the best. Why is she the best? She's on top of everything. She's organized. She has an amazing team and personality. She makes you feel important. She looks out for you. She helps you out. She is well worth every damn penny you'd pay for her.

Sent on 04/19/2016