Stratton Mountain Resort Reviews

32 | South Londonderry, VT

32 Reviews for Stratton Mountain Resort

Kelly Hayes · Getting married on 05/09/2021

How many times can I say "Helpful" and "amazing" in one review?

Stratton Mountain was amazing!! We truly ended up having the day we dreamt of and everyone was saying how beautiful the day was, how delicious the food was, and how everything came together so smoothly and everyone seemed to have an amazing time. Val was our coordinator and she was phenomenal with every piece of the wedding and especially with responsiveness around questions. We really enjoyed working with her! We also collaborated with Vinny who works at the bar for signature cocktails dedicated to our dogs and the drinks were amazing and Vinny was extremely creative and helpful around the process! Everyone was pleasant, happy, and helpful - Mary who worked at the club, Joyce who drove the shuttle, and Susan who catered to my husband and I that night. It was easy to smile and stay calm when you have such great people with you and assisting you. And of course, the summit was beautiful to get married at with a champagne toast to kick the night off and we had a gorgeous fall day- so shout out to mother nature haha Everyone at the wedding was from out of town basically and I didn't hear anyone complain about their room or the check in/check out process. I would recommend anyone getting married here!!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Jack Harrison · Married on 05/08/2020

Stratton made a wedding to remember.

The Chapel of the Snows made for a beautiful ceremony, and the gondola ride to the top of Stratton Mountain allowed for great pictures. The Stratton Mountain Club was a beautiful setting for an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour and Timber Hall is a magnificent setting for a reception. The food was delicious. Enough can't be said about the event coordinator, Val Ryan, who was always available for consultation and made sure everything went smoothly from start to finish. The variety of lodging provided cost and type options from which the guest could choose.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Lee Oxman · Married on 01/11/2020

Total Pros!!

We had the best weekend ever, and the leadership of our wedding coordinator Valerie Ryan and all the staff at the mountain was a key part of that. So glad we went through Stratton mountain to help us plan our wedding. 5 stars!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Ken Bergeron · Married on 10/26/2019

Top notch.

Excellent location for a wedding. My daughters welcome reception, ceremony,cocktail hour and reception were all excellent. Could not ask for more. Very organized,easy to work with and best event planner EVER (VAL) made everything smooth. Excellent food at all events and recomend highly.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Mary · Married on 10/05/2019

Best experience ever!

Our wedding at Stratton turned out to be more perfect than we could have every imagined! Our coordinator at Stratton, Devon, truly took care of EVERYTHING and made wedding planning super stress-free. My husband and I live in Boston and Devon always made time to meet with us when we were up in VT. She was also so responsive to our endless emails. She was great at communicating and thought of all the little details that were not even on our radar during the wedding process. Devon coordinated with all of our vendors to plan arrivals, set-up times, etc. We chose to have our ceremony on the summit, but Devon made sure we had a back-up plan that we were happy with in case of bad weather. All of our guests were so impressed with the ceremony and reception, commenting they were both "elegant" and "cozy." Everyone at Stratton made us feel so special and taken care of. The food and atmosphere were phenomenal! I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else and I will always be thankful for the incredible experience.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Heather

Heather Burhans · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolute Amazing !

The minute my husband and I toured Stratton Mountain for our wedding venue we knew it was where we wanted to get married.
    Courtney toured us around the entire ski resort without once being pushy. She let the property speak for itself and it did ! Following, booking with Stratton. We had Matt Raggi as our event coordinator. Not only did Matt answer every question we had during planning, he gave ideas when we didn't know what do. Matt made planning seamless.
    As every bride feels stress leading up to their wedding day. I was no different. The week before my wedding I had multiple guests say they could no longer make it. Matt kept me calm. The day before my wedding, I forgot a printed seating chart. Within 30 minutes Matt had pulled together a sign for guests seating that fit the rest of our wedding decor perfectly. When I say that Matt is not only an amazing event coordinator and person it is an under statement. Matt made our wedding day a dream. I have heard nothing but praise from our guests since. Along with Matt, Chef Ralph is an amazing chef who truly goes above and beyond to make food at a wedding be the furthest thing from" wedding food". Mary is also a dream to work with who takes whatever decor you have chosen and puts it all together making it look effortless.
    Lastly, almost every couple will tell you that they do not get to eat on their wedding day. Not my husband and I ! Stratton Mountain made sure that we sat and enjoyed our dinner along with our guests. My husband and I could not be more appreciative to all at Stratton Mountain but especially Matt Raggi for making our wedding day an absolute dream.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2019

Excellent!

We held our wedding at Stratton in September 2019 and it was truly one of the happiest days of our lives. The ceremony took place on top of the mountain (accessible by a 10-12 minute gondola ride) and the reception was at the Stratton Mountain Club. We had also booked the Chapel of the Snows as a back-up rain location (in lieu of the default rain location in the cocktail hour space of the Stratton Mountain Club), but the weather turned out to be perfect. The night before we had our rehearsal dinner at the Mill House where we had a delicious Italian buffet dinner catered by Stratton. The space was perfect for 15 people. We also hosted a meet-and-greet on the second floor of Mulligan's in the village (which we reserved just for our use), which our guests really enjoyed. Our coordinator Matt R was amazing - he was attentive to detail, prompt in all of our correspondence, and a real pleasure to work with. All of the staff at Stratton were great - they truly go above and beyond. Another big perk of Stratton is that guests can stay at a variety of accommodations on site, from standard hotel rooms in the Black Bear Lodge to condo units in Long Trail House and Hearthstone, all walking distance to the village. We received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our guests on the location and Stratton in general. 5+ stars!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Sheila

Sheila · Married on 09/07/2019

Stratton September Wedding

We recently had our wedding last month at Stratton and we are still on such a high from how amazing the entire event was. We worked with the Stratton team for about two years in planning and Val and the whole Stratton team made the entire process truly so enjoyable and fun. Val helped bring our visions to life and was an amazing help and resource along the way. We don't know how we could have done the whole thing without her!
    The day/weekend of, the team truly made everything come together in the most magical way, and we are thrilled with how everything came to fruition. The food was delicious (as echoed by all of our guests), the open bar was both quickly served and drinks were perfectly prepared, and staff was beyond pleasant and a joy. We are thrilled across all counts.
    Everything along the way was beyond enjoyable and we could not recommend Stratton enough. We truly never wanted it to end and thanks to the wonderful team at Stratton, were able to enjoy every piece of the process throughout all of the planning. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Mackenzie · Married on 08/30/2019

Such a dream!

We had our wedding at Stratton Mountain a few weeks ago and everyone is raving about what a beautiful and unique wedding it was! Stratton was able to make all of our requests a possibility! We decided to get married in their on site chapel but I still wanted to take our guests to the top to experience the beautiful mountain scenery. Stratton allowed us and our guests to take the gondola up to their yoga deck for a lovely toast at the summit. It was so special and really made our wedding stand out. We then had our cocktail hour and reception in the Stratton Mt Club . The club layout was beautiful, spacious and had a balcony which allowed guests to bounce from inside to outside throughout the night. The food was great and the staff was wonderful. Matt was our wedding coordinator and was so wonderful throughout the entire process! He was very responsive from the beginning and made our dream wedding a reality. I can't recommend enough!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily Stone · Married on 08/25/2019

Absolutely Perfect

We could not have imagined a more perfect day. Everyone at Stratton went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 06/29/2019

The best ever!

If you're looking for place to get married in Vermont, look no further. We had our rehearsal dinner and welcome party at Bar 802 in the Village. We did casual pizza, salad and cash bar and the staff was amazing and it was reasonably priced! We got married at the summit on the yoga deck - it was absolutely stunning and such a unique venue. We had our reception at the Stratton Mountain Club and it was nothing short of spectacular. The food was amazing (even at the lowest tier price - which we got), the open bar was reasonably priced and the venue was like none other. Large dining room, but it was great because guests could mingle on the outside deck, in the lounge and at the bar - so you weren't stuck in one room. We had an after party at Green Door Pub (our reception only went until 10pm) and it was super fun to keep the dancing going. One of the best parts about the whole process was working with the planner, Devon. She was SO AMAZING through the whole process. She bared with us through all the emails, calls, texts leading up to the day and on the actual day, I didn't worry one bit because Devon and her team have it all covered. As a bride you really couldn't wish for anything better! I wish we could go back and do it all again! Thank you Devon and Stratton team. Local vendors that we used that I HIGHLY suggest booking: Photographer and DJ: Celia and Joe Bell http://celiakellyphotography.com Photobooth: http://capitalregionphotobooths.com/

Sent on 08/08/2019

Dave Rice · Married on 04/10/2019

100 Stars!!!

WOW! What a day. Stratton Mountain provided us with the perfect setting to make our dream wedding become a reality. Every detail was perfect. The hotel accommodations, the Chapel of the Snows and the Stratton Mountain Club! Most importantly, was our wedding planner Matt Raggi. Matt provided us with a level of expertise, and calm problem solving to help us navigate through what could have been a stressful day. Every single detail was thought through, and handled with class. If you want a perfect VT wedding, please don't hesitate to reach out to Stratton Mountain and Matt Raggi!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

World Class

Let me start by saying, if you are on the fence about booking, JUST BOOK THEM. It was the best decision I ever made. When we first started looking for venues, we thought Stratton was a little pricey and maybe we could find something cheaper. We stayed in contact with Courtney (sales). We eventually ended up scaling down our wedding and asked them if we could do a 30 person wedding and they said ABSOLUTELY. We had one day of coordinator quit with 3 months to our wedding. Completely unforseeable, but they replacement quickly emailed us, set up an appointment to meet, and put us at ease. Devon was our saving grace. She just got us and what we wanted. She is just amazing. On the Wednesday before our Friday night wedding, Devon went into early labor. When I tell you that I should of been freaking out, I wasn’t. Lisa called me and put me at ease and told me I was in good hands with her and I didn’t even question it. We met with her for the first time at 4pm on Thursday, an hour before rehearsal. Her, Mary, and Frank (bar) were all there and made me feel so comfortable. My wedding day was the most beautiful seen I had ever seen in my life. Lisa did my music for me, as we didn’t have a Dj. The wait staff was professional and pleasant. Everyone raved about Frank behind the bar. I wish I could go into all the detail of what they did for me, but I’d be here for a week. This staff was the most unbelievable group of people I have ever met. The food was amazing, the decor was beautiful, and they worked so seamlessly, you didn’t even know they were there. But your drink was always full and you were always fed. Even the shuttle bus driver, John, was the most delightful person. He stayed and was available to bring my little ringbearer back to his room with his dad after the ceremony and waited for his dad, and drove him back to the venue. He drove my husband and BM back to their condos when my husband forgot his wallet. He made the shuttle service AMAZING. Blackbear lodge, Megan, was amazing as well. They did all the welcome bags for us and made sure we had the perfect rooms with late checkout so we could do our brunch in our room. I highly reccomend this venue and wish I could do it all again. ALL the thanks to Courtney, Devon, Lisa, Frank, Mary, John, and everyone in between.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Haley · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding at Stratton was simply perfect! I cannot recommend it enough. I had very high expectations for my wedding which I knew was an unhealthy approach (especially for an outdoor wedding) but this perfectionist got everything I wanted and more from our decision to get married here.
    Our coordinator, Lisa, was incredibly reliable, quick to communicate, knowledgeable, and CALM. She went above and beyond to make me feel like the one and only bride that day; there were three weddings happening at Stratton that weekend which made me well, panicked, and Lisa and Courtney the event manager took it upon themselves to place signs everywhere, including our after party location in the village. Guests had no trouble at all finding their way and didn’t even know about the other weddings!
    Stratton provided many of the details for us (table numbers, lanterns, and candles everywhere!) and Mary did a phenomenal job of running with her instincts to decorate the whole club!
    Frank the bartender was amazing! He remembered all 100 guests’ drink of choice and had one ready for them when they came back for more!
    My husband and I hadn’t eaten all day, but the butterflies in our stomachs made it hard to eat. Stratton staff noticed this at the reception and had our meals and cake slices brought to our condo! When we retired there that night, we found everything neatly in the fridge and a bottle of champagne with handwritten note! That detail was so special for us.
    At the end of the night, the staff boxed everything up for us, leftover desserts included, and had it all ready for my mom to pick up the next day. My mother-in-law left something behind, and Stratton over-nighted it immediately for her. Everything was so smooth, and so stress-free!
    I could go on forever, but to summarize: this venue was beautiful, the staff were incredibly accommodating and professional, the lodging was convenient and modern, and the day was perfect! Thank you Stratton for making my dreams come true!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/12/2018

Perfection

Our experience at Stratton was EVERYTHING, from our first fall tour with Courtney to the top on the gondola to the end of our best night ever at Stratton Mountain Club the next summer. Courtney was so personable and we left wanting to be friends with her. When we brought our parents back, our vibes continued to echo on the hills with every person we met. Our original day-off coordinator was less than responsive and I was very pleased when Devon took our wedding over. She was very responsive and understanding (and patient) when I emailed her about tiny details. Everyone on the team at the Mountain Club seemed genuinely interested doing what they could to make our vision come to life. I felt everyone was very transparent and accommodating when the OCR championship was planned for the same weekend as our wedding. Our guests couldn't stop talking about our menu and the fun of having a wedding weekend in the mountains during the summer. We can't speak highly enough of our Stratton wedding experience!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Linda · Married on 06/29/2017

As the mother of the bride and event coordinator, I am left with the impression of total professionalism and flexibility of the Stratton Mountain Club. The event coordinator answered all of my many emails almost instantly, made every accommodation that we requested or inquired about and was totally and completely patient every step of the way. The venue is beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious. We had the buffet and many guests commented how delicious the food was. I would highly recommend Stratton Mountain Club as a destination wedding, too.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2017

Flawless Service

Our wedding at Stratton far surpassed our expectations. We had Courtney during the sales phase and expected most of what she said to be a sales pitch it all sounded so perfect. However, the service and experience we received through our wedding weekend was better than the sales pitch.
    Devon coordinated our day of activities as well as provided suggestions for the day before. We heard from our vendors that while they had worked at Stratton many times before, it was the first time they had been contacted before hand and given easy instructions on how to get into the building for hair and makeup. They raved about how much better it made their experience. Devon also made sure that my husband and I didn't have to worry about any of the details. We dropped off the decorations we brought on Thursday at the club to her and Mary, told them what everything was and they ran with it from there. We seriously did not have to lift a finger or worry about anything. We were able to just enjoy our time there and appreciate the moment rather than worry about the coordination. I have heard from many of my friends who got married at different venues that they felt rushed and their venue staff was not helping to correct anything that went wrong. I feel blessed to say that the staff at Stratton made me feel like not a single thing went wrong. From the bus driver to kitchen staff to venue manager, I felt like everyone knew exactly what needed to happen and never dropped the ball. What else... The food was generous portions that our guests raved about. My family and I have a lot of food allergies and the staff made sure our menu accommodated to the mannyyy needs without a complaint.
    The club provided a lot of the decorations so we didn't have to bring it all with us or buy too much extra. At the end of the night they cleaned up all my decorations and put them in a special room for us to pick up the next day and locked up our cards in the safe so we didn't have to worry about anything being stolen.
    We had our after party at Bar 802 in the village. This is the only place where we can say something wasn't great. We had ordered a few pizzas and they didn't hold them for when my husband and I arrived so we didn't get any. Also we thought we were putting money down for the pizza but it turns out they charged us a $100 event fee that they never told us about. So we were a little thrown off when at the end of the night we owed the amount for the entire order. I would recommend finding a different bar in the village that won't charge you to give them business.
    Our rehearsal dinner was at Fire Tower and the food was absolutely amazing. Their specialty drinks were fantastic as well. The staff was very easy to work with and accomendated my food allergies well.
    The morning after the wedding we had people meet us for brunch at the Stratton Deli and Market. The manager was super friendly and made us feel very special.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2016

Stratton resort was an amazing venue. Plenty of options for your guests to stay, incredible views, amazing food and outstanding staff to help with every step of planning your perfect wedding day.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jesse · Married on 07/30/2016

Looking for that mountain wedding ? We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place. We had our ceremony at the top of the mountain and the reception in the clubhouse below. We did a first look at the covered bridge down the road and the pictures came out amazing ( a must for weddings here) as well as family shots at the top of the mountain. Stratton had a gator waiting for guests at the top of the gondola for any guests that could not walk the terrain. Our wedding planner was Sarah and she did a great job helping us. Always quick to get back to us with any questions we had about the process. We were from out of state so there was lots of planning over the phone and internet. We relied heavily on Sarah and she went above and beyond our expectations. The staff in the clubhouse, Mary and Frank especially, are true professionals. From the moment we got there on Thursday until we left on Sunday they took care of everyone of our needs with a smile. They even set up and decorated the cocktail hour with all of the items we brought up to personalize the room. It turned out better than we imagined. Beside the wedding day, Stratton has a lot to offer to the guests. With so many options at the resort and in the village, half of our wedding guests came up Friday to start the celebrations! So we had a welcome party in the village at Mulligans on Friday night and had a great time. The basement of the bar was practically ours! We rented the penthouse suite in Long Trail and did our brunch in there Sunday morning and it worked perfectly for our wedding of 140. Overall Stratton gave us the wedding of our dreams. It was beyond perfect, with every detailed executed exactly as discussed. They have a wonderful team that truly listens and cares about your day. We felt extremely special and lucky to have found such a gem. Thank you Stratton! We will be back for all the anniversaries to come : )

Sent on 08/24/2016

Sara · Married on 07/03/2016

We had our dream mountaintop wedding at Stratton! We hosted a long weekend at Stratton Resort for our guests and held our wedding ceremony at the mountain summit. From the first time we met with the coordinators at Stratton and toured the Mountain Club, we knew we wanted to get married there. Our coordinator, Lisa, was incredible. She was very professional, accessible, responsive, and helpful with everything during our year and a half of planning and was fantastic during our wedding day as well. The Mountain Club Manager, Mary, was extremely friendly and helpful too. Our vendors even told us how much they liked working with Lisa and Mary and how easy the coordination was. The setting is absolutely gorgeous and the Mountain Club is beautifully decorated as well. Stratton Resort had something for everybody on our guest list, from mountaintop yoga and hiking for our more outdoorsy guests to great restaurants and shops for everybody else. The weekend felt like a mini vacation for everybody, which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding. My husband and I feel very strongly that we got a very good value for our money. Our guests were raving about the food which we were also very happy with. We were able to have a very customized wedding which fit our personalities and our relationship perfectly while giving our guests a fun and unique experience! We could not have asked for a better wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Leanne · Married on 10/27/2012

This is a note that my Mom wrote to Stratton after our wedding at Stratton. This pretty much sums up everything:
    "We just celebrated our daughter's wedding at Stratton Mountain Resort on October 27, 2012. We had guests staying on property, eating in restaurants in the Village, rehearsal dinner @ Mulligan's, the wedding ceremony at the Chapel of the Snows, and the reception at the Stratton Mountain Club. It did not matter where we were, or what we were doing, the staff - no matter if they were connected with the wedding or not - were phenomenal. Always a smile, always a hello, always willing to help. We were so impressed by the focus on customer service, that we just had to send a note to tell you how very special this was.

We'd like to specifically thank the following people who we feel went above and beyond:

Our Wedding Coordinator. Even from the Emergency Room on 10/20 and then her mandatory bed-rest later, was communicating to insure that things went smoothly.

Food and Beverage Manager at the Stratton Mountain Club. Mary's ability to understand our daughter's vision and her willingness to use any prop she had acquired to improve on the vision was outstanding. She became one of our family through the few times we met with her and there was no way we could leave without big hugs good-byes.

Our Wedding Coordinator for the wedding weekend. Mary stepped in after Jessica Falls was out on doctor's orders. Mary was patient, instilled confidence in us, and was willing to try to do whatever we needed. In particular, she helped us be pro-active on improving security. For that, we are very grateful.

The shuttle driver. Yaz not only transported our guests with a friendly smile, but he went out of his way to get my 88 year old Mom not only to the Hearthstone entrance - but made sure she got up the stairs and into the building safely! Again, the focus on customer service was evident - and much appreciated!"

Can't say enough about them!

Sent on 11/06/2012

courtney · Married on 10/15/2011

SMC was awesome. I love the location and the views. Natalie was so helpful and kind. The etire staff went out of their way to make the day as seamless as possible.....even with a water leak in the bathroom! Thank you Stratton!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Kristina · Married on 08/31/2013

They made our wedding more than our dreams could have imagined! I was extremely impressed with the professionalism, and flexibility and knowledge of the staff. Everyone was in excellent communication and streamlined our entire event. Absolutely no issues arose. And if they did we had no idea, and they fixed it behind the scenes. Most of our guests said it was the best and most beautiful wedding they had ever been too.

One thing that could have been a bit better was the price of the domestic beers. $5 is a little steep for a Miller Lite/Coors Lite/Budweiser. I think $3.50 would be more reasonable, and then $4.50 for a craft beer makes sense. And be mindful of the service fee that is attached. But we loved every second of our wedding so to us it was worth every single penny!

Sent on 09/02/2013
  • I

Ian Cresswell · Married on 08/04/2019

Wonderful Weekend

Wedding of my son ... We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of Stratton Mountain Resort .. from planning the wedding with Devon (who was amazing) to the accommodations and the wedding venue itself. We had a wonderful day / weekend that was very well orchestrated with timing being perfect for the celebration. We had no 'pause' in the wedding events from the ceremony (at the summit) through the reception and before we knew it ..it was midnight ~9 + hours later. We had a great weekend and i truly feel the guidance that Devon provided based on her experience with other weddings was invaluable and helped us have a great experience .... Thank you Devon and Stratton Mountain ! we had a flawless, well executed, wonderful weekend.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Annemarie · Married on 08/03/2013

Our entire wedding weekend at Stratton was better than we ever could have imagined! We live in New York but knew we wanted a Vermont wedding. All of our guests were traveling so it was important to us to have a location where everyone could stay on one property and there would be enough for them to do if they chose to stay the whole weekend. Stratton offers a lot of options as far as hotel rooms and condos at reasonable prices. There is also a small village with restaurants, bars and shops that people can walk to from their hotel rooms. We had our ceremony at the Chapel of the Snows, which is walking distance from the hotels. Our reception was at the Stratton Mountain Club, which is located right at the base of the ski mountain (guests can walk or you can offer a shuttle). One of the best things about the Club is that we were able to choose exactly what we wanted served at our reception. This gave us a lot of flexibility and allowed us to work within our budget. All of the staff was great to work with and they accommodated all of our requests, even those that were a little out of the ordinary. The only slightly negative things I have to say is that the dance floor is a little small considering the size of the room and throughout the planning process, I did not always receive responses to my questions as quickly as I would've liked. However, I think part of that is that coming from NY, I am used to instant feedback. I found all of the vendors I worked with in Vermont to be more laid back than I'm used to. That was a little frustrating but when it got close to our wedding day, I was in constant contact with our coordinator and she made sure everything went exactly as we discussed. Overall, I could not be any happier with our choice of Stratton for our wedding!

Sent on 08/22/2013