Stover Hall Wedding Venue Reviews

43 | Luray, VA

43 Reviews for Stover Hall Wedding Venue

Mary W. · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Experience

Well first off the venue was beautiful had so many comments everything was absolutely wonderful from the first time I met christina I loved her she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect couldn't have asked for more would definitely recommend to everyone

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Samantha Simms

Samantha S. · Married on 10/17/2020

My dream come true wedding

Where do I even start? Christina and Wes were a God-send! From the very beginning to the very end, they were nothing short of amazing. They helped make all my wedding dreams come true. We could never thank them enough for making our special day as perfect as it was! They will always hold a special place in our heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you... times a million ❤️ Stover Hall is hands down the best wedding venue! I would get married there over and over again.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2020

You can't go wrong with Christina and Stover Hall

Christina is an absolutely incredible owner and host of Stover Hall. We honestly could not say nicer things about her warmth and enthusiasm, constant patience with our inquiries and requests (including a virtual tour!), and her overall kind commitment to ensuring the best experience possible for her couples. From the moment we met her, her excitement for having us join the ranks of her locks of love on the wall in the reception barn (adorable antique locks that each married couple signs and hangs), was infectious and gave us the same rush of joy to have the chance to get married at Stover Hall.

We were especially won over by not only the gorgeous backdrop of the mountains and the guest houses on site for the bridal party (excellent value for money for the weekend), but also the stunning surprise entry for guests from the cocktail hour outside and in the interior of the barn to the breathtaking views from the framed windows through the french doors at the back of the hall. Christina and her husband have poured so much love and attention into their space that little details like that can only awe a happy couple looking for the right place to share their vows.

Truly could not endorse Stover Hall more highly! Congrats to all the brides and grooms who will have the chance to walk down the aisle here!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Marling · Married on 11/09/2019

Best decision ever!

We got married Nov 9, 2019 and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision! The place is beautiful, clean and well maintained! If you’re looking for Mountain View’s- this is it! Christina is soooo easy to work with! She’s very accommodating and professional and if you hire her as your day of coordinator she will take great care of you! We absolutely loved getting married here! You get the whole place for the entire weekend instead of just 8 hours at other venues so you can clean up the day after your event instead of rushing right after it. Also, you can use the beautiful decorations in the storage room saving you lots of money! Great bang for you buck!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Jackie L. · Married on 11/02/2019

Stover hall

I am at a loss for how truly AMAZING Stover Hall is as a wedding venue!!! Truly -Truly it’s one of those places you go and immediately fall in love with - and you know that it’s the place for you. Or at least that was what happened when my fiancé and I first visited. We fell in love with the warm, relaxing yet elegant luray setting. We just got married at the venue on Nov 2nd and let me say Christina is a GOD SEND. Let me tell you the second you meet her you will understand that this is your GIRL! She made everything so carefree and relaxed and trust me I am a perfectionist. I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else other than Stover Hall. We looked at a good amount of wedding venues but non of them felt like us. I really like to think everyone who decides to get married here decides that this is it and they just know. I have no doubt that when you visit you will feel the same. The venue itself leaves nothing to be desired unmatched to others in the area. Christina is a HUGE bonus and trust me she has this down! If you are considering visiting or getting married here just do it! You won’t regret it ❤️ thank you much to the Stover Hall Crew we couldn’t have done it without you! Y’all are rockstars 🙌👏🙌👏
    Love, The Levillains

Sent on 11/09/2019

Stover Hall Wedding Venue's reply:

Awww Thank You Jackie for the lovely review!!! It was such a joy to work with you all!!! oxoxo Christina
  • User5635886 · 1+ year ago

I can't say enough about how amazing Christina and Stover Hall was! She was super flexible about how much help we wanted with the day. I would recommend using her coordinating services as well: she's an expert on the venue and how to make a wedding go super smoothly. We felt so welcomed upon arrival and comfortable the whole time. Staying at the venue the whole weekend with our families also made the feel of the wedding so much more relaxing. Can't think of anything else we could have asked for!

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing experience!!

Stover Hall is not your average venue. It is drop dead gorgeous in every way. Being able to stay on the grounds for the weekend took loads of stress away and allowed for lots of relaxation before the wedding. While the amazing mountain background, cozy house, and stunning barn made for a perfect setting for my wedding, it was truly Christina that made my wedding dreams come true. She went above and beyond for my wedding and made me, my husband, AND my bridal party feel like family.

I received continuous praise about the venue and Christina throughout the weekend and during my wedding itself. Christina coordinated my wedding schedule, made sure the reception area looked stunning, ensured I was stress free, and made me feel like my happiness was top priority. I’m not sure what I would’ve done without her! I would recommend Stover Hall a thousand times over!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Stover Hall Wedding Venue's reply:

You all were amazing!! Such a fun group and I loved ever second! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!!

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

More than what we could have hoped for!

Let me start by saying our day was absolutely magical! Stover Hall had everything we wanted in a venue and more. Christina (the owner) was outstanding from day one. She was timely, responsive, and beyond helpful. She worked so hard to make sure everything went well for our special day. The mountain views are incredible, the dining hall is gorgeous, and the layout of the climate controlled barn is awesome! This venue had the perfect rustic feel that we were looking for! The main house is also absolutely beautiful. It was perfect for our rehearsal dinner and for the wedding party to stay in for the whole weekend. I would 110% recommend this venue to anyone for your big day! If you are on the fence, take a tour and you will be sold!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Jessie · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect wedding venue!

OMG, I don't think we could have picked a more perfect venue!! Everything was amazing and so beautiful. Not only was the scenery amazing as well as the reception barn and the new arbor, but Christina was AMAZING!! She is incredibly helpful and truly has this wedding thing down to a science. Honestly, I'm not sure what we would of done without her as our day of coordinator. She is so knowledgeable and flexible and really tried to make all your dreams come true. I didn't have to deal with any of the vendors on my wedding day and when issues came up, I didn't even know about them; she just handled it. I truly cannot recommend her or Stover Hall enough.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Chrissy B. · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful experience

I recently was a Matron of Honor and had the privilege of enjoying the Stover Hall Venue! Such a warm, inviting weekend retreat for all of your wedding festivities! The owners Christina and Wes go above and beyond to make sure your stay and wedding events exceed all expectations. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Recent Stover Hall Bride

On June 8, my husband and I got married at Stover Hall. The location is unbeatable and the entire venue is immaculate. What we loved the most was that we could spend the entire weekend at the venue. We didn’t have to worry about driving to/from. There was also plenty of space for our bridesmaids and groomsman to stay. Christy and Wes were beyond helpful and was with us every step of the way. It was a stress free weekend! I highly recommend Stover Hall as your wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Kara · Married on 05/11/2019

An absolute dream!

Stover Hall was the most perfect venue for my husband and I’s special day! Christina was so awesome from the beginning of booking to the end of the weekend. She was super helpful and so quick to respond if I had any questions. She was so accommodating whenever I wanted to come back out to take a look at the venue and get a better idea of where things would be set up!

I absolutely love that this venue is a weekend package instead of just a day. It gives you so much time to decorate the day before, hang out and enjoy the property, even have the rehearsal dinner there in the main house! It also gave us time to relax Sunday morning with checkout being at 11.
    The rooms in the main house for the bridal party/family is STUNNING. My girls and I all kept saying how badly we wanted a house just like it!! The groomsmen cottage was sooo nice to have and the guys LOVED it.

We planned on having an outdoor wedding but the day before was calling for lots of rain the day of. Let me tell you, I’m actually SO happy we did the ceremony inside the barn! It was GORGEOUS! The beautiful thing about this venue is that whether you have an outdoor or indoor ceremony, you still have the beautiful view of the Massanutten mountains in the background (which is 1000% what sold me on this venue!)

I can’t recommend this venue enough, it turned my dream wedding into a reality, but even better!!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Dana

Dana L. · Married on 05/04/2019

Convenient and Beautiful

Stover Hall is an absolutely stunning venue, and Christina and Wes, the owners, are equally incredible. The contract is extremely convenient -- you get to check in Friday at 11am and don't have to leave until Sunday at noon, so it's the perfect one-stop-shop for all wedding weekend festivities. A huge storeroom of decorations is included in the contract, in addition to accommodations for the couple and their guests in the main house and cottage. The barn and backyard make absolutely beautiful spots for the perfect ceremony and reception. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Victoria W. · Married on 03/09/2019

Look no further!

Honestly, there are not enough good things to say about Stover Hall. It was the first (and only) place my now husband and I looked. We got such a good feelings from Christina, her demeanor, the wedding package, and the venue itself that we knew we could not find a better spot to get married. We had a beautiful, stress-free experience here. The pictures were spectacular (even in early March!) and it Christina’s efficiency was unreal. Highly, highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Karen G. · Married on 12/06/2018

Beautiful location for the wedding of your dreams. I have attended several weddings at The owners will do EVERYTHING to make this YOUR special day.

Having attended several weddings at Stover, the last being my grandson's in September, I know there isn't a more beautiful spot to celebrate your special day. The owners will do EVERYTHING to accommodate YOUR needs and preferences and are flexible in adjusting to weather changes, guest counts and needs, and the unusual things that can happen at any event. Being able to enjoy an entire weekend of celebration at one site with pool, bridal party housing, fire pit and more is also a big plus.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Wayne

Wayne · Married on 12/01/2018

We can't imagine our wedding without Stover Hall!

When she said yes, I said oh shoot, because now we need a wedding venue! Fast forward a few months, we began our search over a wide range of venues. Our search was expansive and we focused on several key requirements that directly drives the outcome of a wedding: 1) quality of the facility, 2) the people we would work with, and 3) what amenities were available. Stover Hall exceeded expectations in all of these key requirements (and many more) and we'll tell you why!

Walking through the historical site, we felt like we were taking a trip back in time! Stover Hall did a great job blending beautiful antiques with modern facilities. Each building and each room appears to be designed with great tastes in mind (fun fact: a lot of the furniture/decor were handmade or restored by Christina herself!). The lodging was beautiful and comfortable, and the reception area was suitable for everything we wanted to do! Perfect for photography (our photographer loved shooting at here), and with much attention paid to detail, we couldn't ask for more!

There is a certain chemistry that comes with working with the right place AND the right people. Meeting Christina (and her sweet mom!) and Wes, we immediately felt they were such kind and genuine people, who loved what they do! We clicked immediately, and our gut instincts were right. Christina and her team were exceptional and went above and beyond to ensure we had a successful wedding. She is quick with her communication (often responding in less than a day), which was really reassuring to us. She was also so flexible in giving us a wide range of freedom and honored many of our requests. On our wedding day, Christina, Wes, and team, were the first ones on site and the last to leave, working closely with all our vendors and ensuring everything was going smoothly.

The amenities that Stover Hall offered were perfect for our needs. It has everything, including tables, chairs, dinnerware, even a popcorn machine! FYI, they do not offer tablecloths but that was easily mitigated (we found good quality tableclothes for great prices online!). The bar and kitchen was clean and had all the appliances we needed (e.g. a commercial size fridge, regular fridge, kegerator, dish washer, stove and oven, etc.). Lastly, the space was perfect for our intimate (90 persons) wedding. The layout is able to accommodate groups from cozy gatherings to large "Kardashian-sized" weddings (okay maybe not Kardashian-sized weddings but it looks like it can easily accommodate at least 200 guests or more).

Aside from the beautiful venue, amazing staff, and thoughtful space and amenities, another bonus was Stover's inventory of decor from past events. We were overwhelmed by the amount of items that were donated by previous weddings, and Christina made them available for us to borrow! It allowed us to decorate our our wedding into the atmosphere we were going for. This helped tremendously with our finances/time/stress, as it helped cut down on decor expenses and DIY projects.

In conclusion Stover Hall was the perfect wedding venue for us and we were extremely happy with our decision. We are so so grateful for Christina and her team in helping make our wedding weekend a success. Christina and Wes are truly the perfect team, homegrowing this family business into what it is today. We are so proud to have our wedding hosted here and wholeheartedly recommend Stover Hall and their team!

• Jessica

Jessica L. · Married on 11/10/2018

Best.Venue.Ever.

My now husband and I went to tour Stover Hall and immediately fell in love with the property. We had already visited quite a few venues, but we knew as soon as we stepped foot here that this would be where our dream wedding would take place. Stover Hall provides very beautiful scenery for a wedding. The house is amazing and cozy, great for hosting a rehearsal dinner. The barn and addition can provide a rustic feel to your reception, and is able to hold a larger wedding with plenty of room for dancing! The backdrop in the dining hall area looks out to the mountains of Shenandoah National Park. We received many great comments from friends and family about choosing a lovely venue. Christina was fantastic to work with. She is willing to adapt to last minute changes, like when we had to order an event tent to keep the ceremony outdoors after a threat of rain. She was very easy to communicate with and she offered her support throughout the process. We opted to have the property for the entire weekend. Christina and her staff were there for check in, some set up, and almost all of the day of the wedding. It was fun to look over to her towards the end of the night and see her dancing the Cupid Shuffle with all your friends and family! You can tell from the way she interacts with her clients/couples that weddings and celebrations are her passion. She stays connected with her couples before AND after the wedding, almost treating it as one large extended family. My husband and I can't wait to have children and add their locks to the wall that Christina keeps at the venue.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Kat F. · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful wedding!

My sister got married at Stover Hall and It was amazing. Christina and Wes took care of everything and made the day totally stress free. Aside from being super professional and capable, they were lovely to be around. Great venue, great people! You won’t regret getting married at Stover Hall!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Alex · Married on 09/15/2018

Above and beyond perfect

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day with Stover hall! The owners went above and beyond to make our big day so special and they felt like family by the end of our wedding weekend. The scenery and venue are breathtakingly beautiful. I cannot stress enough the bang for your buck at this venue, we had our wedding and rehearsal dinner there and stayed with our entire wedding party on the property for the whole weekend. There is nothing I would change about my wedding day and chosing Stover Hall was easily the best decision we made for our wedding. 10/10 HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

everything we wanted!

We booked Stover Hall early on in the planning process, and it was the best decision we made - I never once wished we had picked a different venue. Christina was so helpful and responsive all the way through planning (i.e. responding to my text messages confirming everything from WiFi reach for the DJ to confirming that trash cans were provided onsite), and our families loved staying on the property. For us, Stover Hall struck a nice balance between DIY and a more inclusive venue - I didn't want to be forced to use someone's exclusive caterer or be held to a strict timeline for setup/take down, but I also didn't want to mess with having to rent tables or restrooms, etc. In addition to the wedding, we had a huge rehearsal dinner the night before and were able to have that in the barn when the weather made it impossible to do outside. All of our guests were blown away by the property, and I had the best time having my wedding here. For the type of wedding my husband & I wanted, I honestly can't recommend Stover Hall more highly!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Mckenzie R. · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing! Incredible! Wonderful! Couldn't be closer to perfect!

Stover Hall was the first & only wedding venue we actually looked at before making our decision. The owner, Christina, was absolutely incredible & so helpful. From the gorgeous views to the amount of room this venue holds, Stover Hall was perfect for my husband and I. Everything was so lovely!

Veronica · Married on 07/07/2018

Mom of the Bride

As the mom of the bride Stoverhall was a beautiful wedding venue. When we first came to look my daughter knew instantly this was where she wanted to be married. It has stunning views. Charming home and barn. The bonus of staying from Friday to Sunday was extraordinary. The guest house was perfect for bridal party and rehearsal dinner celebration. The cottage was also a great addition for the groom and groomsmen. The decoration room was a super bonus, that allowed us to add additional touches to a special day. Our guests loved everything about Stover Hall their compliments were constant all through the weekend. So many things made it extra special, from the pool, fire pit to the Stover Hall cornhole boards.
    Stove Hall met our needs on so many levels. The lock wall was so special and touching, I can't wait to see a "little" baby lock added one day. We also loved that Stover Hall honor the military with a discount. My husband (the daddy of the bride) and I thank Christina and Wes for a wonderful experience at Stove Hall for the wedding of our daughter and now "son". We pray that others will use this beautiful location for the wedding of their dreams and a Happily Ever After. ♡

• Marissa

Marissa · Married on 06/01/2018

The Perfect Venue

Our wedding day was the most beautiful day ever thanks to Christina and Wes at Stover Hall. Right from the beginning, they were so attentive and answered every question we had. The house itself is absolutely charming. It was perfect for our bridal party and it was so nice to be able to stay there for the whole weekend instead of just our wedding day. The barn was spacious and had stunning views of the mountains. Every step of the way, Christina and Wes were there to give us advice and help us plan our perfect day. We are so grateful to them and highly recommend Stover Hall for any couples looking for the perfect venue for their perfect day! Thank you, Christina and Wes!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Leah · Married on 05/12/2018

Stover Hall is absolutely beautiful. My husband and I don’t live in the area and booked without even getting to see it! The pictures do not do it justice, it is more beautiful in person then I had ever imagined! Christina and Wes are so sweet and will do anything to make sure your day is absolutely perfect!! I even had some guests say they wish they could get married again just to have it at Stover Hall. I highly recommend this venue! We hope to go back and visit sometime!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Megan · Married on 04/28/2018

I wish we could give Stover Hall a million stars. There are not enough kind words I can say about the experience we had here. Christy and Wes are exeptionally amazing at what they do. Christy does not let any detail, small or large, slide. She remembers everything you tell her that you want and makes sure that it gets taken care of. She and Wes coordinated for us as well and that took SOO much stress off of us. They have such a good and organized system for every aspect of the wedding from setting up to tearing down that in the blink of an eye it's done. All of our guests were in awe of the views and loved meeting the cows!! Aside from all of that, the history of the property is incredible!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Stover Hall, Christina and Wes!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018